color.sty, xcolor.sty, pstricks.sty relationship

Here's the situation.

A document, run off on a version of LaTeX about five years old, uses
color.sty and pstricks.sty.  Works fine.

Run off on a current version of LaTeX, it also works fine.  However, the DVI
output is completely different, and when converted to PostScript, the
resulting PS file is also completely different.  The printed output appears
to be the same--but how can I tell for certain?

Also, looking at the LaTeX log shows that color.sty is no longer being
loaded at all.  Has it been subsumed into xcolor.sty?

Finally, looking at the PS files, it appears that one prominent difference
is that where the old file mentions "Black" as a color, the new file
mentions "TeXcolorgray".  What's with that?

0
ark1 (690)

Andrew Koenig wrote:
> Here's the situation.
>
> A document, run off on a version of LaTeX about five years old, uses
> color.sty and pstricks.sty.  Works fine.
>
> Run off on a current version of LaTeX, it also works fine.  However, the DVI
> output is completely different, and when converted to PostScript, the
> resulting PS file is also completely different.  The printed output appears
> to be the same--but how can I tell for certain?
>
> Also, looking at the LaTeX log shows that color.sty is no longer being
> loaded at all.  Has it been subsumed into xcolor.sty?
>
> Finally, looking at the PS files, it appears that one prominent difference
> is that where the old file mentions "Black" as a color, the new file
> mentions "TeXcolorgray".  What's with that?

You want to be sure that the printed output is the same.

But the DVI output is completely different.

Could you, using dvitype, give us examples of the difference?

Can you rerun both versions of the the document?

If so, a hack such as
   \let\@@\special\special
   \def\special#1{\write16{xxx: #1}}
will do three things.

First, it will log all the specials (to console and log file).

Second, it will 'remove' (not put in) the specials from the dvi file.

Third, it will not change the placement of items on the page.

Perhaps, after you perform such a hack, the dvi files will become
identical.

Hope this helps.  This problem is easier with the right tools.

(However, they seem not to have been written yet.)

--
Jonathan

0
jfine (686)
6/24/2005 7:59:26 AM
Andrew Koenig wrote:
> Here's the situation.
>
> A document, run off on a version of LaTeX about five years old, uses
> color.sty and pstricks.sty.  Works fine.
>
> Run off on a current version of LaTeX, it also works fine.  However, the DVI
> output is completely different, and when converted to PostScript, the
> resulting PS file is also completely different.  The printed output appears
> to be the same--but how can I tell for certain?
>
> Also, looking at the LaTeX log shows that color.sty is no longer being
> loaded at all.  Has it been subsumed into xcolor.sty?
>
> Finally, looking at the PS files, it appears that one prominent difference
> is that where the old file mentions "Black" as a color, the new file
> mentions "TeXcolorgray".  What's with that?

color and TeX is a question of its own ...
The new pstricks.sty replaces the pstcol.sty and does
more tests before and after loading pstricks.tex.

You can use \usepackage[noxcolor]{pstricks}, then pstricks
loads the color package, then your dvi should be (nearly)
the same. But xcolor.sty does a better job here.

Herbert

--
http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
Jonathan Fine wrote:
> If so, a hack such as
>   \let\@@\special\special
>   \def\special#1{\write16{xxx: #1}}
> will do three things.
>
> First, it will log all the specials (to console and log file).
>
> Second, it will 'remove' (not put in) the specials from the dvi file.
>
> Third, it will not change the placement of items on the page.

Just to be a nitpicker, technically that's only two things! Otherwise, I
could say it doesn't make coffee, it doesn't give me vitamins, but most
of all it doesn't make me funny either.

Dave.
0
dreamlax (94)
6/25/2005 5:46:35 AM
David Lloyd Geering wrote:
> Jonathan Fine wrote:
>
>> If so, a hack such as
>>   \let\@@\special\special
>>   \def\special#1{\write16{xxx: #1}}
>> will do three things.
>>
>> First, it will log all the specials (to console and log file).
>>
>> Second, it will 'remove' (not put in) the specials from the dvi file.
>>
>> Third, it will not change the placement of items on the page.
>

> Just to be a nitpicker, technically that's only two things! Otherwise, I
> could say it doesn't make coffee, it doesn't give me vitamins, but most
> of all it doesn't make me funny either.

You're quite write.  Except ...

Software is often written to requirements.  Which says what it does.

So here are the requirements.
1.  Log specials.
2.  Remove specials.
3.  Leave things where they are.

And in this thread, for the OP, (3) is a key requirement.

In my first draft of the quoted post, I wrote 'will do two things'.

Then I realised that I just had to add (3).

--
Jonathan

0
jfine (686)
6/25/2005 6:45:29 AM
"Herbert Voss" <Herbert.Voss@gmx.net> wrote in message

> You can use \usepackage[noxcolor]{pstricks}, then pstricks
> loads the color package, then your dvi should be (nearly)
> the same. But xcolor.sty does a better job here.

That did it; thanks!  The document is monochrome, anyway; so I don't suppose
that xcolor.sty would make any real difference.
Omitting it does, however, make the comparisons work right.

0
ark1 (690)

framed.sty + chngpage.sty + float.sty
dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages framed, cngpage, and float. I would like to have floats that are style "float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the marginparwidth. alas, I can get floats with colored background, or floats which extend into the marginparwidth, but not both. this is easy to show with the latex segment below. (if there is a more advanced package out there that has more features than float.sty that cover this, please let me know and ignore this post.) any help would be appreciated. sincerely, /ivo welch \documentclass[12pt]{book} \setlength{\textwidth}{4in} % make it more obvious \usepackage{color} \usepackage{float} \usepackage{chngpage} \usepackage{framed}\definecolor{shadecolor}{gray}{0.75} \makeatletter % we need to redefine float@end to extend the table-rules. thanks to morten hogholm. \renewcommand\float@end{\@endfloatbox \ifdim\linewidth<\columnwidth \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\columnwidth \else \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\linewidth \fi \let\@endfloatbox\relax\end@float} \makeatother \floatstyle{ruled} \restylefloat{table} \newif\ifuseshaded \useshadedtrue % set this to false to show that it works w/o framed \begin{document} \marginpar{\footnotesize this is a marginal note to text.} some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. \begin{table}[H] \begin{adjustwidth}{}{-\marginparwidth} \ifusesha...

fourier.sty and bm.sty
Hi, I just found out that bm.sty doesn't work with fourier.sty. If I call bm before fourier, I ended up with bold italic symbols in CM font. If I call bm after fourier, I ended up with poorman's bold math symbols. However, I'm able to declare a new math fonts \mathbfit, as suggested by the author, by \DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathbfit}{T1}{fut\mathfamilyextension}{bx}{it} and get the real bold italic math symbols in Utopia font, as I want. Did I do anything wrong or fourier and bm are not compatible. Thanks, Xiaotian Xiaotian Sun schrieb: > > If I > call bm after fourier, I ended up with poorman's bold math symbols. So far, the Forier font family has not bold math fonts, so "poor man's bold" is the best you can obtain. > However, I'm able to declare a new math fonts \mathbfit, as suggested by > the author, by > \DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathbfit}{T1}{fut\mathfamilyextension}{bx}{it} This is a text font, whose spacing is not appropriate for use in math, Furthermore, it has a different character set than the italic font which is normally used for the mathematical letters; in particular, it has no Greek alphabet. Thus, bm cannot mak use of it. (Besides, you would have to declare it in a different way to make bm.sty recognize itm, but that's pointless, anyway.) Walter On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:50:45 +0200, Walter Schmidt <tex@quantentunnel.de> wrote: >Xiaotian Sun schrieb: >> >> However, ...

timest.sty + mathpazo.sty
I've read a few posts recently in which knowldegeable contributors recommend not to use times.sty (any more(?)). However only one month ago I have prepared a non-maths document for my girlfriend (about a project for an exposition of dolls, FWIW) which included in the preamble the following packages[1]: \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{textcomp} \usepackage[italian]{babel} \usepackage[italian]{SIunits} \usepackage{times} \usepackage{mathpazo} \usepackage{pifont} \usepackage{wasysym} \usepackage{multicol} mathpazo.sty was there mostly because even if the document itself didn't contain any maths, I gave a lot of measures by means of SIunits.sty: now the point is that *AFAICT* the document (i) compiles fine (TeXLive 2003), (ii) looks perfectly nice, (iii) text and math fonts seem to blend nicely too[2]. So the question is: what could be the issue with times.sty?!? [1] I chose times as the main fontface both because of T1 font encoding and because I judged that a non-(La)TeX-used person would have been instinctively more familiar with it. [2] Whereas even a typesetting-illiterate like me could see at a glance that with cm math fonts it was definitely ugly to say the least! Michele -- >It's because the universe was programmed in C++. No, no, it was programmed in Forth. See Genesis 1:12: "And the earth brought Forth ..." - Robert Israel on sci.math, thread "Why numbers?" Hi, > I've read a few pos...

incalc.sty, kvsetkeys.sty and packages for use with (e)TeX
Hello Mr Oberdiek, 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd defined after the end of the input. Your packages generally starts with: \TMP@EnsureCode... \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax (or \noexpand\@undefined). 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible to know if a package is loaded by \RequirePackage or via \input or \InputIfFileExits (may be the file stack contain some information) but if you: \input intcalc.sty\relax in a LaTeX document you get either: LaTeX Warning: You have requested package `', but the package provides `intcalc'. Or: ! LaTeX Error: Can be used only in preamble. The fact that each line conciensciously end with % makes me think that that file could be loaded anywhere... But i admit this 2) point is also a question of design. Best regards. GL <gouailles@gmail.com> wrote: > 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd > defined after the end of the input. > > Your packages generally starts with: > \TMP@EnsureCode... > \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } > > May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax > (or \noexpand\@undefined). I have added it (\@undefined) for the packages that define `\...@AtEnd' with a final `\endinput' at least. > 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible > to know if a...

preview.sty conflicting with amsmath.sty
Hello, I would like to use preview.sty with amsmath.sty. I have the following document: \documentclass{slides} \usepackage[active,tightpage,textmath,displaymath]{preview} \usepackage{amsmath} \begin{document} \large .... and I get the following error when I run LaTeX. Anyone know if this can be fixed somehow... ? $ latex symbols.tex This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009/Debian) entering extended mode (./symbols.tex LaTeX2e <2009/09/24> Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh yphenation, loaded. (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/slides.cls Document Class: slides 1997/08/15 v2.3z Standard LaTeX document class (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/slides.def hacks, slides, picture, mods, output, init) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/ sfonts.def (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/ot1lcmss.fd))) (./ preview.sty) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsmath.sty For additional information on amsmath, use the `?' option. (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amstext.sty (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsgen.sty)) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsbsy.sty) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsopn.sty) ! LaTeX Error: Command \equation* already defined. Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual. See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation. Type H <return> for immediate help. ... l.2665 ...

Using covington.sty with ctib.sty
Hello all I am interested in having interlinear sanskrit, tibetan, and english in documents. I am having some difficulties with tibetan and english. Covington.sty seems to do mostly what I want with the \gll, \glt, and \glend macros, but unfortunately does not deal properly with the tibetan alphabet available through ctib. There are two principal difficulties: 1. The baseline of words in the second (english) line moves up and down, depending on the height of the tibetan letters in the words above it. I would like the english to follow its own baseline at an appropriate point below the entire previous line. 2. ctib.sty uses the \tib command to delimit tibetan input as so: {\tib rgyu,me bla,ma..} covington.sty reads the first word (rgyu,me) properly, but when it reads the second word (bla,ma) it has 'lost' the \tib command, and simply reproduces it in an italic font. I have a quick fix - I can enter the line as so {\tib rgyu,me} {\tib bla,ma..} and then covington.sty 'finds the \tib command each time. However this is more dataentry than I want to do. I tried using the textib package that uses a preprocessor to produce raw Tex, but covington.sty falls over, seemingly because it doesn't understand the output, although it will compile fine with TeX. I don't really understand what tibtex is doing though, because the sanskrit preprocessor _does_ produce output that will work with both covington.sty and ctib.sty, although again I have to in...

Incompatibility of endfloat.sty with tikz.sty
As I think at least the maintainer of endfloat.sty is reading here, I re-post this from the german TeX newsgroup. There seems to be an incompatibility of the tikz und endfloat packages. In this example, endfloat breaks tikz transparency and patterns: \listfiles \documentclass{article} \usepackage{tikz} \usetikzlibrary{patterns} \usepackage{endfloat}% comment out for testing \begin{document} \begin{figure} \begin{tikzpicture} \draw[fill=yellow] (0,0) rectangle (5,3); \draw[fill=red,opacity=0.5] (1,1) rectangle +(1,1); \draw[pattern=crosshatch] (3,1) rectangle +(1...

avm.sty conflicts with arydshln.sty
Hi All, I'm trying to use arydshln.sty and avm.sty together in one document, but it seems the combination is causing a conflict. A minimal example: ========================================================================= \documentclass[11pt]{scrartcl} \usepackage{avm} \usepackage{arydshln} % tables with dashed lines \begin{document} \begin{avm} \[one\\ two\] \end{avm} \bigskip \begin{tabular}{|l:l|l|} \hline one & two & three\\ four & five & six\\ \hline \end{tabular} \end{document} ===========================================...

Using everyshi.sty with multicol.sty
I am finishing up typesetting a book with Latex, and have managed to implement just about all of the recommendations of the copy-editor and designer -- but I couldn't manage to automate one thing. As requested by the press, I am using everyshi.sty in the indexes in order to print a line that says "foo (cont.)" in the first column of every verso page that continues an index heading from the page before. I have added an \EveryShipout hook that checks the page number and the marks set in the .ind files (using extramarks.sty), and prints the necessary "cont." line as first thing on the page. This works fine. But the press also wants the final page of the indexes to have balanced columns. As the FAQ suggested, I tried using balance.sty and flushend.sty, but both screwed up massively, probably because mine is a fairly complex document that loads dozens of packages. I came closer with multicol.sty. It balances the columns correctly, but it puts a line of text before the line inserted by \EveryShipout. I can fix this by setting the index in normal size rather than footnotesize, but I don't want to do that. I looked at the documentation of multicol.sty, and it seems that it is "collecting" too much text, and the extra line ends up at the top of the next page. So I set collectmore to -1, and that fixed the problem, but it makes the column-breaks throughout the index disastrously ragged, so that won't do. This is not an urgent problem -...

eqnarray.sty counter bug with amsmath.sty?
dear latex experts---I am not talking eqnarray, but eqnarray.sty (v1.3, dec 1 2010, texlive): I am using it for the nice \yesnumber functionality in another macro, but here is the distilled version. \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage{amsmath} %% if amsmath is included, then the equation counter no longer increments. \usepackage{eqnarray} \begin{document} \begin{equationarray*}{*{50}{c}} \yesnumber x &=& z \end{equationarray*} \begin{equationarray*}{*{50}{c}} \yesnumber x &=& z \end{equationarray*} \end{document} who is in charge of this package, so that I can bring this to the right attention. (I could not find an author in the .sty file.) /iaw On May 19, 7:52=A0pm, iaw4 <ivo...@gmail.com> wrote: > [ eqnarray ] > who is in charge of this package, so that I can bring this to the > right attention. =A0(I could not find an author in the .sty file.) texdoc eqnarray Regards, Marc van Dongen never heard back, so I presume it won't be fixed. just be aware of the interaction bug... On May 19, 2:52=A0pm, iaw4 <ivo...@gmail.com> wrote: > dear latex experts---I am not talking eqnarray, but eqnarray.sty > (v1.3, dec 1 2010, texlive): =A0I am using it for the nice \yesnumber > functionality in another macro, but here is the distilled version. > > \documentclass[12pt]{article} > > \usepackage{amsmath} =A0%% if amsmath is included, then the equation > counter no longer increments. > \use...

conflict between url.sty and html.sty (with pdfetex)?
I've noticed that some documents that compile without problems under the version of LaTeX I've been using don't compile under a newer version. Before I start trying to plow through .sty files, perhaps someone here will recognize this as a familiar problem and suggest a fix or workaround .... Here's a short example of such a document: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{url} \usepackage{html} \urldef{\BaseURL}\url{http://something.edu/} \begin{document} \noindent Here is a formatted URL: \url{http://something.edu/~username}. \end{document} Under the "old" version of LaTeX, this compiles without problems. Under the "new" version, I get the following error message: ! Undefined control sequence. \pdfmark@ ...e \space pdfmark}\else \Hy@colorlink {\@ifundefined {@\pdf@link... l.4 \urldef{\BaseURL}\url{http://something.edu/} If I comment out \usepackage{html.sty}, it again compiles okay under both versions. If I comment out the \urldef line, again no problems. "latex --version" for the "old" version reports TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159 kpathsea version 3.3.1 "latex --version" for the "new" version reports pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4) kpathsea version 3.5.4 I notice that url.sty has changed between versions, and that while html.sty doesn't seem to have done so, hyperref.sty (which is pul...

Problem using pinyin.sty and pifont.sty
Using the hyperref package along with pinyin.sty conflicts. It turns out that hyperref calls pifont.sty which redefines the \ding macro and ends up in the following message: ,---- | *hyperref using default driver hpdftex* | (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def | (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/pifont.sty | | ! LaTeX Error: Command \ding already defined. | Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual. | | See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation. | Type H <return> for immediate help. | ... | | l.55 \newcommand{\ding}{\Pisymbol{pzd}} `---- One can easily get around this problem using \Ding and \DING instead of \ding and \Ding (like what is done for the \long macro). -- jlk ...

LaTeX2RTF vs. jurabib.sty/alphanum.sty
Hi. How can I transform .tex files into .rtf files if I use in LaTeX jurabib.sty and alphanum.sty. The references are wrong. Thanks in advance and kind regards. Friedrich -- Kinderl�rm ist Zukunftsmusik. ...

problem accessing x11names colors in xcolor.sty
Why doesn't the following work? It matters not whether I spell "Gray" or "Grey". It also doesn't matter if I specify the svgnames option as well. --RY \documentclass[10pt]{article} \usepackage[x11names]{xcolor} \begin{document} This is an x11 color: \fcolorbox{black}{SlateGray1}{test}. \end{document} latex xcolorstest This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5) %&-line parsing enabled. entering extended mode (./xcolorstest.tex LaTeX2e <2003/12/01> Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh yphenation, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak, german, ngerman, d anish, spanish, catalan, estonian, finnish, french, greek, monogreek, ancientgr eek, croatian, hungarian, interlingua, ibycus, indonesian, icelandic, italian, latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk, polish, portuguese, pinyin, romanian, russian, slovene, uppersorbian, serbian, swedish, turkish, ukenglish, ukrainian, loaded. (/usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls Document Class: article 2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class (/usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo)) (/usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist/tex/latex/xcolor/xcolor.sty (/usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf/tex/latex/config/color.cfg) (/usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/dvips.def)) (./xcolorstest.aux) ! Package xcolor Error: Undefined color `SlateGrey1'. See the xcolor package documen...

Re: upload to Cambridge: cite.sty and overcite.sty
Donald Arseneau writes: > I have uploaded new versions of cite.sty and overcite.sty to > ftp.tex.ac.uk. They should replace the ones currently in > macros/latex/contrib/cite. > > overcite.sty is now just a stub, loading cite.sty with the [superscript] > option. > > 4.0: Combine overcite with cite: [superscript] = [super] option. Also add > [nocompress] option and \CiteMoveChars hook; multibib hooks. > 4.01 \bf -> \bfseries i've installed the packages replacing older versions in macros/latex/contrib/cite thanks for the upload. Robin Fairbairns For the CTAN team ...

Are framed.sty and changepage.sty compatible? Or is there a work around?
Hi I want to use both framed.sty (to allow page breaks to occur in framed material) and changepage.sty (so I can get marginal material in the correct margin). But they don't seem to be compatible. More exactly, if I use \checkoddpage inside a framed environment I sometime get the wrong answer. It seems that so far as changepage.sty is concerned, the whole of the framed material is either recto or verso (whereas it can be a combination of both). -- Jonathan Am 30.08.2012 17:37, schrieb jfine: > Hi > > I want to use both framed.sty (to allow page breaks to occur in framed material) and changepage.sty (so I can get marginal material in the correct margin). But they don't seem to be compatible. > > More exactly, if I use \checkoddpage inside a framed environment I sometime get the wrong answer. It seems that so far as changepage.sty is concerned, the whole of the framed material is either recto or verso (whereas it can be a combination of both). > Try the package "marginnote" instead of \marginpar. ....Rolf On Friday, August 31, 2012 1:57:53 AM UTC+1, Rolf Niepraschk wrote: > Am 30.08.2012 17:37, schrieb jfine: > > > Hi > > > > > > I want to use both framed.sty (to allow page breaks to occur in > > framed material) and changepage.sty (so I can get marginal material in > > the correct margin). But they don't seem to be compatibl...

SIstyle.sty font problem with HA-Prosper.sty
Hi, I'm just testing the new SIstyle package and am having font problems when using it together with HA-Prosper: --8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8--- \listfiles \documentclass[pdf]{prosper} \usepackage[toc,highlight,HA]{HA-prosper} \usepackage{sistyle} % \begin{document} % \begin{slide}{foo} The result is \SI{1}{kg.m/s^2} some more text\ldots\par The result is {\sffamily \SI{1}{kg.m/s^2}} some more text\ldots \end{slide} % \end{document} --8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8--- Is there an easy way to adapt the command `\SI...' to always be set to \sffamily? My attempts of using \newcommand or \newenvironment have failed so far since \SI takes different number of arguments with each call. Any help appreciated, Patrick ,----[ *File List* ] | junk.tex | prosper.cls 2001/07/17, v. 1.5 | graphicx.sty 1999/02/16 v1.0f Enhanced LaTeX Graphics (DPC,SPQR) | keyval.sty 1999/03/16 v1.13 key=value parser (DPC) | graphics.sty 2001/07/07 v1.0n Standard LaTeX Graphics (DPC,SPQR) | trig.sty 1999/03/16 v1.09 sin cos tan (DPC) | graphics.cfg 2001/08/31 v1.1 graphics configuration of teTeX/TeXLive | dvips.def 1999/02/16 v3.0i Driver-dependant file (DPC,SPQR) | seminar.cls 1997/10/13, 1.4 | article.cls 2001/04/21 v1.4e Standard LaTeX document class | leqno.clo 1998/08/17 v1.1c Standard LaTeX option (left equation numbers) | size10.clo 2001/04/21 v1.4e Standa...

enumerate.sty (Carlisle) / paralist.sty (Schandl) question
Both David Carlisle's enumerate and Bernd Schandl's paralist packages allow an optional argument to the enumerate environment (and paralist allows one for various other list types) that modifies the formatting of the counter in the item label, e.g., \begin{enumerate}[E-I] will label successive items as E-I, E-II, etc., with the counter printed as \Roman, while \begin{enumerate}[$\Xi_1$] will label successive items as $\Xi_1$, $\Xi_2$, etc, with the counter printed as \arabic. For both packages, a \ref to an item recovers only the value of the counter, printed as \Alph,...,\arabic, as the case may be. Has anyone ever constructed a package (or used the hook in enumerate, or otherwise patched enumerate or paralist) to recover (either by \ref or by a purpose-built new command) the entire typeset label (e.g., E-II or $\Xi_3$, as above)? I can imagine one way to do it for cases of the first type (in which the added matter in the label is all prepended to the counter), but am not sure I am up to implementing even that, nor have I (yet?) imagined any way to do it for the general case (in which the counter is, possibly very deeply, embedded in the added matter): so if there *is* an extant solution, I'd be very grateful to see it here. Lee Rudolph Le 05/04/2013 02:59, Lee Rudolph a �crit : > Both David Carlisle's enumerate and Bernd Schandl's paralist > packages allow an optional argument to the enumerate environment > ...

url.sty and hyperref.sty: urls unbroken, poke into margin
Dear Folks, Exitedly I installed the latest url.sty, but the problem seems to be with hyperref: when I include hyperref with: \usepackage[pdfpagemode=None,pdfauthor={Nick Urbanik}]{hyperref} all my urls poke way off into the margin. If I comment it out, the URLs are nicely wrapped. So how can I fix this: Do I need to use sed in my makefile to comment out hyperref when I generate pdf with pdflatex? What about when I want to generate pdf from the postscript directly? I would be most grateful for any pointers, since all my workshop notes are a mess with the unreadable URLs Should I show all the packages I use? I am using tetex-2.0.2-8 on Fedora Core 1. I am using a number of packages I wrote myself. -- Nick Urbanik RHCE nicku(at)vtc.edu.hk Dept. of Information & Communications Technology Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi) Tel: (852) 2436 8576, (852) 2436 8713 Fax: (852) 2436 8526 PGP: 53 B6 6D 73 52 EE 1F EE EC F8 21 98 45 1C 23 7B ID: 7529555D GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24 ID: BB9D2C24 Check: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ton+lam+url.sty&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3F9581A7.50402%40hp.com&rnum=1 -- Best Regards, Ton 't Lam Ton 't Lam wrote: > Check: > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ton+lam+url.sty&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3F9581A7.50402%40hp.com&rnum=1 > > -- > Best Regards...

clash between pst-pdf.sty and classicthesis.sty; pplr9o+20 error
Hi, can somebody help me out with this example: ,----[ pd_thesis.tex ] | \listfiles% | \documentclass{scrbook} | \usepackage{pstricks} | \usepackage{pst-pdf} | \usepackage{subfigure} % needed for classicthesis | \usepackage{classicthesis} | \begin{document} | foo | \end{document} `---- TeXing the file works fine (using TeXLive2005). But running ps4pdf results in following lengthy error message: ,---- | Running `ps4pdf' on `/home/patrick/data/uni/thesis/tex-problems/pd_thesis' with ``/usr/local/bin/ps4pdf pd_thesis'' | /usr/local/bin/ps4pdf: running latex pd_thesis | /usr/local/bin/ps4pdf: command latex pd_thesis returned with code 1 | This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5) | %&-line parsing enabled. | entering extended mode | (./pd_thesis.tex | LaTeX2e <2003/12/01> | Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh | yphenation, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak, german, ngerman, d | anish, spanish, catalan, estonian, finnish, french, greek, monogreek, ancientgr | eek, croatian, hungarian, interlingua, ibycus, indonesian, icelandic, italian, | latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk, polish, portuguese, pinyin, romanian, russian, | slovene, uppersorbian, serbian, swedish, turkish, ukenglish, ukrainian, loaded. | | (/usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script/scrbook.cls | Document Class: scrbook 2004/09/16 v2.9t LaTeX2e KOMA document class | (/usr/local/texlive/2005/t...

transparency in color.sty?
Dear Wizards: May I ask whether there are plans to include transparency support for pdf files in color.sty? sincerely, /iaw ...

proof.sty and color
Dear all, I often use the proof.sty package that enables me to write proofs such as... A B ---(C) D ---(E) F What I would like is to be able to adjust the colour of each rule line, say the first rule line as blue, the second as red. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance, Geoff. ...

Problem with comment.sty and colors
I want to use color in order to make my "todo" comments pop out better using comment.sty However, I'm sometimes having unpredictable results. \usepackage[usenames,dvipsnames]{color} \usepackage{comment} \specialcomment{todo}{\begingroup\ttfamily\footnotesize\color{red}} {\endgroup} For some reason, the color is "leaking" out and painting the entire previous page red, including the chapter and section heading. Deleting the \color{red} command in the specialcomment clause fixes one problem, but does not help me highlight the items that need action. This seems to work, but is not quite ideal either. (The marginpar seems to go below the comment.) \specialcomment{todo}{\begingroup\ttfamily\footnotesize} {\marginpar[left]{\color{Red}TODO}\endgroup} No clue as to why google posted that twice. Sorry folks. Another bit of weirdness: I got it working the way I wanted with this: \specialcomment{todo}{\begingroup\ttfamily\footnotesize \reversemarginpar\marginpar{\color{Red}TODO}}{\endgroup} However, I'm working with a double-spaced document and the marginpar consistently appears between the lines of text, slightly above the comment I want to highlight. Can anyone satisfy my curiousity as to why this might happen? ...

Color frame in seminar.sty
I am using the class seminar with LaTeX, with the semcolor option. I would like to have colored frames for slides, obtained with the command \slideframe{scplain} What should I do? Assume I want the frame to be blue, what are the commands to be used? Anyone has a suggestion? Thanks to all who can help me with this. Cheers, Maurizio ...

Web resources about - color.sty, xcolor.sty, pstricks.sty relationship - comp.text.tex

Same-sex relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A same-sex relationship is a relationship between two persons of the same sex and can take many forms, from romantic and sexual , to non-romantic ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

The head of GCHQ wants a 'new relationship' with tech companies
The head of GCHQ is striking a conciliatory tone, calling for a "new relationship" between tech companies and the UK government, The Telegraph ...

The Cuba/U.S. relationship: It's complicated
... to Fidel Castro’s long reign. Our history with this neighbor predates that revolution, although we are unlikely to hear much about our relationship ...

Report: Red Sox Reporter Jessica Moran Resigns As Rumors Of Relationship With Manager John Farrell Swirl ...
... the network after seven years on the job, she confirmed to the Boston Globe ’s Mark Shanahan Friday. Shanahan cited rumors that alleged a relationship ...

Patti Davis Recalls How She and Her Mother Nancy Reagan Overcame Tumultuous Relationship
Davis' relationship with her mother was rocky at times, but they eventually found peace.

Calvin Harris And Taylor Swift Celebrate One Year Relationship On Snapchat
While various rumors have been rounding about the relationship between Calvin Harris and Taylor Swift, neither of the two have confirmed or denied ...

Voicemails Appear to Reveal Donald Trump’s Cozy Relationship With the Liberal Media
Early Thursday morning, Gawker received an anonymous email with an attachment that purported to contain recordings from Donald Trump’s voicemail ...

'Grey's Anatomy's' Maggie and DeLuca's relationship will 'take an unexpected turn'
Maggie (Kelly McCreary) and Andrew (Giacomo Gianniotti) may hit the first bump in the road of their relationship on Thursday's episode ofGrey's ...

Selena Gomez Jealous Of Taylor Swift & Calvin Harris’ Relationship? - Hollywood Life
After celebrating their one year anniversary, Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris are happier than ever. We can’t help what wonder what Selena Gomez ...