compiling a comprehensive symbol list

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Dear TeX'ers,
for testing the latex2rtf converter we collected a comprehensive symbol
list. latex2rtf successfully converts most symbols but we haven't yet
found a set of LaTeX packages which allows to LaTeX this file
successfully.
Can anyone help us LaTeX'ing this file?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/latex2rtf/files/latex2rtf-unix/1.9.20/allsymbols.zip/download

Thanks for contributions.

--
Wilfried Hennings
please reply in the newsgroup, the e-mail address is invalid

See related articles to this posting

comp.text.tex 36540 articles. 69 followers. Post

Comprehensive symbol list
In the symbol list, the laundry symbols appear to be American versions. Does any- one know how one can get British laudry symbols in LaTeX? ...

hyperref version of comprehensive symbol list
Hi, is anyone aware of a version of the Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List that was compiled with hyperref? This document would be so much easier to use if I could jump to a table by clicking it in the TOC. I tried compiling it myself, but I don't have all the required fonts installed. So, maybe someone does (the maintainer of the document?), and can generate and post a hyperlinked version. That would be really great! Thanks, Michael ...

hyperref version of comprehensive symbol list #2
Hi, is anyone aware of a version of the Comprehensive Symbol List that was compiled with hyperref? It would be so much easier if I could jump to a table by clicking on it in the TOC. I tried recompiling it myself, but I don't have all the fonts intalled, and font installation doesn't tend to be the easiest thing ever. So, maybe someone (the maintainer?) has all the necessary font, and can create a version with hyperlinks. That would be really great! Thanks, Michael Michael Goerz wrote: > is anyone aware of a version of the Comprehensive Symbol List that was > compiled w...

CTAN package update: The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List
The package below has been updated on tug.ctan.org and should soon make its way to your favorite mirror. Thanks, Scott, for the on-going contribution, Jim Hefferon ====================================================================== The following information was provided by the package's contributor. Name of contribution: The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List Author's name: Scott Pakin Location on CTAN: /tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive Summary description: Samples of thousands of symbols which are accessible from LaTeX License type: lppl Announcement text given by the p...

CTAN package upload: The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List
A package has been updated on tug.ctan.org and it should spread to your favorite mirror in a day or two. Thanks for the material, Jim Hefferon ================================================================== The following information was provided by our fellow contributor. Name of contribution: The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List Author's name: Scott Pakin Suggested location on CTAN: info/symbols/comprehensive Summary description: An organized list of thousands of symbols available to LaTeX License type: lppl Announcement text given by the contribution's author: - --------------...

CTAN package update: The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List #2
The material below has been updated at tug.ctan.org and should soon be at your local mirror. Have a nice holidays, Jim Hefferon Saint Michael's College ....................................................................... The following information was provided by our fellow contributor: Name of contribution: The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List Author's name: Scott Pakin Location on CTAN: /info/symbols/comprehensive Summary description: Tables of symbols that are accessible from LaTeX License type: lppl Announcement text: ---------------------------------------------------------...

List comprehension in if clause of another list comprehension
Hi! In [69]: a = 'a b c' In [70]: b = 'a b, c d' In [74]: [i for i in a.split() if i not in b.split()] Out[74]: ['b'] Everything ok. In [77]: b.split() == [i for i in b.split()] Out[77]: True As expected. Now, put this in the first list comprehension: In [80]: [i for i in a.split() if i not in [i for i in b.split()] ] Out[80]: ['d'] Hmmmm... why is that? Regards! Vedran Furac( wrote: > Hi! > > In [69]: a = 'a b c' > In [70]: b = 'a b, c d' > > In [74]: [i for i in a.split() if i not in b.split()] > Out[74]: ['...

Appending a list's elements to another list using a list comprehension
I have two lists: a = [1, 2, 3] b = [4, 5, 6] What I'd like to do is append all of the elements of b at the end of a, so that a looks like: a = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6] I can do this using map(a.append, b) How do I do this using a list comprehension? (In general, is using a list comprehension preferable (or more "pythonic") as opposed to using map / filter etc.?) On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:27:14 +0000, Debajit Adhikary wrote: > I have two lists: > > a = [1, 2, 3] > b = [4, 5, 6] > > What I'd like to do is append all of the elements of b at the end of > ...

list of research compilers/compiler infrastructures?
Hello, I am interested in a list of source-available research compilers and compiler infrastructures, a sort of annotated bibliography of tools. I think that, since many tools are modular and can output various intermediate representations, a list of many available tools and components would enable people to string together a chain of passes to solve a unique problem or compile for an unusual architecture. Basically, I'm looking for something that will help me answer the (parameterized) question: "I'm looking to implement optimization/analysis X on source programs in lang...

Performance of lists vs. list comprehensions
Yesterday I stumbled across some old code in a project I was working on. It does something like this: mystring = '\n'.join( [ line for line in lines if <some conditions depending on line> ] ) where "lines" is a simple list of strings. I realized that the code had been written before you could put a list comprehension as an argument to join(). I figured that I could drop the '[' and ']' and leave the rest as a list comprehension since that works with current Python (and the project's base is 2.5). So I rewrote the original statement l...

list(...) and list comprehensions (WAS: Arithmetic sequences in Python)
Tom Anderson <twic@urchin.earth.li> wrote: > Sounds good. More generally, i'd be more than happy to get rid of list > comprehensions, letting people use list(genexp) instead. That would > obviously be a Py3k thing, though. Alex Martelli wrote: > I fully agree, but the BDFL has already (tentatively, I hope) > Pronounced that the [...] form will stay in Py3K as syntax sugar for > list(...). I find that to be a truly hateful prospect, but that's the > prospect:-(. Steven Bethard wrote: > I'm not sure I find it truly hateful, but definitely unnec...

List comprehension returning subclassed list type?
Given: class Z(object): various defs, etc. class ZList(list): various defs, etc. i would like to be able to replace z_list = ZList() for y in list_of_objects_of_class_Y: z_list.append(y) with something like this: z_list = [Z(y.var1, y.var2,..) for y in list_of_objects_of_class_Y] Of course this just gives me a plain list and no access to the methodsof z_list. I could, of course go and write a static method in ZList which takes a plain list of Z objects and returns a ZList. Anyway, my question is whether or not this can be done more elegantly via list comprehension? This ...

xcode linker error: Undefined symbols, but no symbols listed
I'm building a rather large application being ported from Windows to Mac (using Qt as a cross-platform UI framework). All of my code compiles, but when I get to the linker state, it bails with one error: Undefined symbols: but doesn't list any symbols! I had some previous undefined symbols (such as _acosf) which I resolved by adding -lmx to the linker flags. But now it seems to think some are missing but doesn't know what they are. Is there a way to get it to be more specific? In article <hu8us01k22a40k9cv0n3seuimdn16t940i@4ax.com>, Paul Miller <pa...

Undefined Symbol Xcode linker error with no symbol listed
I am getting an Undefined Symbol error at link time in Xcode with no undefined symbols listed. I don't know what to fix and I don't know where to start. The detailed compiler/linker window pane spit out the following but I don't know how to read it. Can anyone spot the error? Thanx - Jim ---------------------------------------------------------- /Developer/Private/jam -d1 -j1 JAMBASE=/Developer/Makefiles/pbx_jamfiles/ProjectBuilderJambase JAMFILE=- build ACTION=build _DEFAULT_GCC_VERSION=3.3 BUILD_STYLE=Development "CPP_HEADERMAP_FILE=/Users/jomeara/Desktop/The ...

Please add these C# compilers to the list of open source compilers
Open Source C# compilers ------------------------ C# is covered by open standard: ECMA-334. C# programs must run on a compatible Common Language Infrastructure (basically a set of runtime libraries), covered by open standard ECMA-335. Blue (public domain - no restriction): C# compiler only - requires a compatible CLI http://blogs.msdn.com/jmstall/archive/2005/02/06/368192.aspx Mono (GPL) Compiler and runtime, cross-platform Includes much additional .NET functionality, such as ASP.NET and Windows Forms http://www.mono-pr...

Is there a list comprehension for this?
Given: dw = [ 1, -1.1, +1.2 ] Suppose I want to create a list 'w' that is defined as w[0] = dw[0], w[1] = w[0] + dw[1], w[2] = w[1] + dw[2] Is there a list comprehension or map expression to do it in one or 2 lines. > dw = [ 1, -1.1, +1.2 ] > > Suppose I want to create a list 'w' that is defined as > > w[0] = dw[0], > w[1] = w[0] + dw[1], > w[2] = w[1] + dw[2] > > Is there a list comprehension or map expression to do it in one or 2 > lines. Well, while it's not terribly efficient, you can do something like w = [sum(dw[:i]) for i in ...

Do this as a list comprehension?
Is it possible to write a list comprehension for this so as to produce a list of two-item tuples? base_scores = range(8, 19) score_costs = [0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3] print zip(base_scores, score_costs) I can't think of how the structure of the list comprehension would work in this case, because it seems to require iteration over two separate sequences to produce each item in the tuple. zip seems to work fine anyway, but my immediate instinct was to try a list comprehension (until I couldn't figure out how!). And I wasn't sure if list comps were capable of doing every...

List comprehension
It seems every language is adopting list comprehensions, even JavaScript [1]. I understand its roots, but can it can be done much simpler, and without specialized syntax? For example: [n * n | n <- [1..5], even n] While shorter than using map and filter, it's a specialized syntax. If a predicate were introduced into normal lambdas, you could get a more concise result with no special syntax (other than the introduction of predicates): mapf (\n |even n| -> n * n) [1..5] A type 'void' would be used to indicate no value, and hence no concatenate. It could...

compilation list
I am running Fortran77 programs on Fujitsu-Siemens PC using MinGW compiler under Windows XP. I would like to have compiler option which would cause the compiler to create a file containing my source code + warning and error messages. I know the 2>ERRFILE option will result in getting the warnings and errors on the file ERRFILE, but not the source code listings. onkeljoe <dozsagyorgy@swissinfo.org> wrote: > I am running Fortran77 programs on Fujitsu-Siemens PC using MinGW > compiler under Windows XP. I don't think this actually tells what compiler you are using. MinGW i...

list comprehensions
List comprehensions don't work the way you intuitively expect them to work. I realize many people have no intuitions about how list comprehensions 'should' work, so if you recognize yourself in this description, feel free to go back to whatever you were doing before. If you're still here, though, I invite you to consider the following definition: partitions = lambda n: [[n]]+[[k]+x for x in partitions(n-k) for k in range(1,n)] As defined above, the function raises an exception when you call it ('k' referenced before assignment). For the sake of clarity, here is worka...

list comprehension
Hello, Trying to change a string(x,y values) such as : s = "114320,69808 114272,69920 113568,71600 113328,72272" into (x,-y): out = "114320,-69808 114272,-69920 113568,-71600 113328,-72272" I tried this: print [(a[0],-a[1] for a in x.split(',')) for x in e] But it doesn't work. Can anyone suggest why or suggest an alternative way? The text strings are significantly bigger than this so performance is important. TIA, Guy On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 12:32:20PM +1200, Guy Robinson wrote: > Hello, > > Trying to change a string(x,y values) such as : ...

symbol list
I would like to include a collection of tables containing standard and ams latex symbols in a document. For example, one table would contain the code for Greek letters, another would contain binary relations, and so on. I would like have the source code for this. Thanks. Tom mathman1244@gmail.com schrieb: > I would like to include a collection of tables containing standard and > ams latex symbols in a document. For example, one table would contain > the code for Greek letters, another would contain binary relations, > and so on. I would like have the source code for this. Thanks. ...

List of Symbols
hi i was looking for some way in which i could generate a list of all the symbols(functions, variables) present in a c file. this could be similar to what source insight does but i need the result in a textual format so that i can use it further. thanks deepak On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:03:25 -0700 (PDT), deepak.kaushal88@gmail.com wrote in comp.std.c: > hi > > i was looking for some way in which i could generate a list of all the > symbols(functions, variables) present in a c file. this could be > similar to what source insight does but i need the result in a t...

About compiling errors, using <list> or <list.h>
Hi all; I am developing a multi-threaded program, and due to concurency there is a producers-consumers problem between threads. Therefore, I have to write a thread safe queueu, and I have written the following class. But it gives compiling errors. Actually, I do not understand what the problem is. When I am compiling the following code with #include <list> header file, it gives the following errors. .../main.cpp:43: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'list' with no type .../main.cpp:43: error: expected ';' before '<' token .../main.cpp:45: error: expected...