Convert TeX to normal text (stripping macros)

Hi all,

Does anyone know a good way to strip a TeX file from its macros in
order to run grammar checking from LangauageTool on it?

Please also see this bug report for Language Tool:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2880449&group_id=110216&atid=655717

A Java implementation would be preferred since Language Tool is in
Java so it runs platform independently.

Thanks,

Pander
0
pander (57)

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 03:39:01 -0700 (PDT), Pander wrote:

 > Does anyone know a good way to strip a TeX file from its macros

I suggest you use one of the tools that convert from dvi/postscript/pdf
to text:

dvi2tty
pstotext
pdftotext

That is, analyze the output, not the input to (La)TeX.

Bob T.
0
BobT (1484)

Converting pain text to TeX
Hi, I am trying to convert a plain text file to TeX format. For this I wrote a awk script to convert double quotes to the correct type in TeX, as in #!/usr/bin/awk -f # DQ2TQ : Converts double qoutes in plaint text file to TeX format # USAGE # dq2tq filename > newfilename BEGIN { count = 0 } /"/ { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {if (count % 2 == 0) {sub(/"/,"``",$i);count++} else {sub(/"/,"''",$i);count++}} } { print } However this does not seem to work right. Given the following input : " " " " &...

text-text

text + text

Plain TeX macros for text-flowing-around-figures
Are there any public domain macros to do the title task? More specifically: texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttext ----------------------- texttexttexttext | | texttexttexttext | Figure box | texttexttexttext | inserted by | texttexttexttext | \BoxedEPSF{ ...} | texttexttexttext | | texttexttexttext ----------------------- texttexttexttext ...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

Plain TeX macro: figflow -- flow text around a figure
recently, in response to a post on comp.text.tex, Ian Hutchinson posted a short piece of code to do this job. the abstract i've written for the catalogue says Provides a Plain TeX macro \figflow that allows one to insert a figure into an area inset into a paragraph. Command arguments are width and height of the figure, and the figure (and its caption) itself. (Does not work with LaTeX.) i asked (and was given) permission to put the file on ctan, and have installed it on ctan in directory macros/plain/contrib/figflow Robin Fairbairns For the CTAN team ...

aligning text with space-normalized text
I have a string with a bunch of whitespace in it, and a series of chunks of that string whose indices I need to find. However, the chunks have been whitespace-normalized, so that multiple spaces and newlines have been converted to single spaces as if by ' '.join(chunk.split()). Some example data to clarify my problem: py> text = """\ .... aaa bb ccc .... dd eee. fff gggg .... hh i. .... jjj kk. .... """ py> chunks = ['aaa bb', 'ccc dd eee.', 'fff gggg hh i.', 'jjj', 'kk.'] Note that the origin...

Converting Text to Proper Text in SQL
Given a string it should convert it to a proper text. Example: if you passed a string 'Cat in the hat', I want 'Cat In The Hat' Curious about few things, Does sql have Instr OR Split(like VB) functionality Anybody can help?? (m.ramana@gmail.com) writes: > Given a string it should convert it to a proper text. > Example: if you passed a string 'Cat in the hat', I want 'Cat In The > Hat' I though "Cat in the Hat" was the proper title text in English, and "Cat In The Hat" is what you get when you use a computer? SQL Server is not...

converting vertical text to horizontal text
I have file that contains text formated like horizontal H e B l i p P g e r m l P y a i b i n r s a i i t n n h e t i h s a e n m s r e w e l e a t r r i ! n g Does anyone have a good way to convert this to horizontal text like such below? Thanks. Big Pain in the rear! Help my brain is melting Perl is the answer I've search CPAN and found some Text modules to rotate the text, but I'm stuck trying to figure out how to read this text in. I'm thinking using unconstrainted 2D array. Thank you. -- I am not an Intel spokesperson...

How to add footer text as normal text
Hi all, I am using sendmail-8.12.11 for my mail server . I have set footer text for all outgoing mails from my domain "my.domain.com" using the following function in mimedefang . It works fine but the footer text is added to every mail as an attachment .. I want the footer text to be added as normal text for each mail not as an attachment .. Can we do this using mimedefang . If anybody knows the answer kindly assist me. # action_rebuild(); if ( $Sender =~ /\b(.*)\@my.domain.com\b/ ) { # action_rebuild(); #PSL Begin action_add_part($entity, "text/pl...

Converting flowed text messages to plain text
Is it possible to "convert" the flowed text the Eudora messages are saved in the mailboxes as, to truly plain text? I've switched from Eudora to Pine as my e-mail client, and the html formatting in my archived messages is _really_ annoying. Gwen Gwen Morse wrote: >Is it possible to "convert" the flowed text the Eudora messages are >saved in the mailboxes as, to truly plain text? > >I've switched from Eudora to Pine as my e-mail client, and the html >formatting in my archived messages is _really_ annoying. > >Gwen > > Gwen, I don't believe there IS any HTML in the Format=Flowed messages. Html messages, when replied to, will have a line that looks similar to F=F. Plain text IS plain text. If there is HTML in a message, then F=F doesn't apply. That said, there IS a way to turn it off, but I'll have to try to find the commands. (If you really want to. You will break 'selective quoting' if you do that.) Rick -- Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants. On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:49:38 -0500, Rick <Rick@privacy.net> wrote: >Gwen Morse wrote: > >>Is it possible to "convert" the flowed text the Eudora messages are >>saved in the mailboxes as, to truly plain text? >> >>I've switched from Eudora to Pine as my e-mail client, and the html >>formatting in my archived mes...

How to convert markup text to plain text in python?
I have some marked up text and would like to convert it to plain text, by simply removing all the tags. Of course I can do it from first principles but I felt that among all Python's markup tools there must be something that would do this simply, without having to create an XML parser etc. I've looked around a bit but failed to find anything, any tips? (e.g. convert "<B>Today</B> is <U>Friday</U>" to "Today is Friday") Regards, Geoff > I have some marked up text and would like to convert it to plain text, > by simply removing all th...

Scanned text (image) needs to be converted to text
Hello all, I have a PDF of a contract that was scanned in and stored as an image (so we can't select the text). Is there any way to convert an image to text (preferably built in to Adobe Acrobat or a free plug-in)? We are using Adobe Acrobat 5.0. Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Conan Kelly wrote: > Hello all, > > I have a PDF of a contract that was scanned in and stored as an image > (so we can't select the text). > > Is there any way to convert an image to text (preferably built in to > Adobe Acrobat or a free plug-in)? > &...

need script: convert html-text to text
i have html-text. i have to convert this text to simple text without html-tags. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. keal wrote: > i have html-text. i have to convert this text to simple text without > html-tags. > > -- > Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. path o'least resistance lynx -dump www.myurl or use links2 ## or w3m -dump www.myurl or high-falutin solution http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/e0fb1207f1814c77/37cd5e35a1ffb8d7?q=strip+HTML+tags&rnum=7#37cd5e35a1ffb8d7 On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:30:03 -0000, keal <keal2...

Mixing symbols and normal text in a line of text
Mixing symbols and normal text in a line of text: I have done a few hacks to get this going, but I was wondering if there was a "recognised" or "standard" way of having a line of text which includes normal ASCII and symbols like alpha beta gamma etc., I resume it means swapping fonts as you write.... Easy to use graphics effects: http://www.ransen.com/ In article <7ogst41sf3s7c2nan9lpfmm2dnkiscdfrc@4ax.com>, willy@wonker.com says... > Mixing symbols and normal text in a line of text: > > I have done a few hacks to get this going, but I was > wonderi...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Pages

Converting A Unicode Text File to An ASCII Text File
We have a large number of text files built in Unicode that we need to be read by SAS. SAS does not read Unicode text. To convert the Unicode text to ASCII text we did the following: A Unicode text file adds an additional blank space to each character. To remove this blank character, you can use the code below. The hexidecimal value '00' is a blank character. So remove it using the SAS statement '00'x. The 'x' tells SAS you are reading hexidecimal. Use RECFM=N to tell SAS that you are reading a stream of data that will not conform to a typical file structure. SAS will ...

Type-written text to TeX?
Slightly OT, but I have several hundred pages of typewritten material already scanned in. (I just have a PDF file with one image per page.) There is a small amount of maths in it, but not much. Can anyone advise me of a good OCR program to use? I'd prefer a Linux program, but am not religious. I tried gocr, which was useless, and am presently trying clara, which looks as though it might work, although it seems to require several degrees in Computer Science to understand and use. Also, is there a program to abstract the images from the PDF file? I've written a little Java program to ...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Editing styled text, converting to HTML and plain text
Hi all. I'd like to create a fairly simple styled text editor (JTextPane?) for brief announcements which are stored in a database, and then presented to users on a website (in HTML), as well as emailed to them in both text/plain and text/html formats. I want users on multiple platforms (especially Linux, Windows and MacOS X) to be able to paste styled text into the editor, coming from a word processor. Are there examples of this sort of thing, especially: 1) An editor window, into which you can paste styled text, and save it as HTML 2) A way to remove the styling, for the text/plain versi...

Need help converting unix text to windows text
I have been working on this for weeks. Whatever my FTP client does to translate the unix text file with each line ending in a LF character back into a LF CR I need some code in Perl to this. The task is, save data from an html form into a flatfile database. I have a Linux server. The program I have allows the user to search for a text file (unix text) and download the file through their browser. It has to convert the little LF's to CRLF. I have tried using some people's suggestion on how to do this. But it doesn't work yet. Right now it serves up the file because I have ever...

Web resources about - Convert TeX to normal text (stripping macros) - comp.text.tex

Jurisdiction stripping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First, Congress holds the power to create (and, implicitly, to define the jurisdiction of) federal courts inferior to the Supreme Court (i.e. ...

Young Kylie Jenner Stripping with Kim and Khloe Kardashian - YouTube
Khloe kardashian was talking about how her sister, Kylie, is not a stripper like Amber Rose was. Well.... Check out TooThirsty.com for the whole ...

View from the Street: So we're stripping vandals of citizenship now?
And the unemployed are reminded that the age of entitlement (to food and shelter) is over. Your news of the day, reduced to a snarky rant.

Francois Hollande invokes French terrorism threat, defends citizens' passport-stripping
French President uses his New Year's message to defend controversial plans to strip citizenship from those convicted of terrorism.

Playboy cover girl Simone Holtznagel bares all once again, stripping down to a pink lace thong on a lingerie ...
SHE made her big break on the cover of Playboy’s October issue, and now 22-year-old model Simone Holtznagel has stripped off once again in a ...

New Laws Will Strip The Citizenship Of Anyone Opposing The Stripping Of Citizenships
... announced plans to introduce legislation that will allow them to automatically strip citizenship from Australian citizens who oppose the stripping ...

Tony Abbott rolled by his own ministers over stripping terrorists of citizenship
When Monday night's cabinet meeting turned to other business, Tony Abbott had a bombshell waiting.

Man fined for stripping off at train station
Baring more than just his indifference to clothing, Kevin Cox gave more than one train full of peak hour commuters an eyeful, loitering at Otford ...

Tourists arrested for stripping off at airport
Two German tourists have been detained for taking their clothes off in the lobby of a Brazilian airport.

Fact File: What role does the court play in stripping citizenship from terrorists and foreign fighters ...
ABC Fact Check examines the role of the courts in stripping citizenship from foreign fighters.