CTAN update: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math

the daemon pronounced:

> Name of contribution: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math updates
> Author's name: Staszek Wawrykiewicz
> Author's email: staw@gust.org.pl
> Package version: 1.605 and 1.502
> Location on CTAN: fonts/tex-gyre-math/
> Summary description: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math
>	are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes
>	families of fonts
> License type: other-free
>

> Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
> TeX Gyre Pagella Math (ver. 1.605) and TeX Gyre Termes Math (ver. 1.502)
> are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes families
> of fonts (see http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/) in
> the OpenType format.
>
> Authors: Bogus\l{}aw Jackowski, Piotr Strzelczyk and Piotr Pianowski
>
> Please note, that the naming of the fonts file was changed to the unified
> scheme <full font name, lowercase, nospaces>-math.otf
>
> Users may view the package catalogue entry at
>   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/tex-gyre-math
> or they may browse the package directory at
>   http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/tex-gyre-math/

all now installed, catalogued, etc.

thanks for the update.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team
0
ctan-ann (4755)

On 2013-02-08 12:09:15 +0100, CTAN Announcements <ctan-ann@dante.de> said:

> the daemon pronounced:
>
>> Name of contribution: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math updates
>> Author's name: Staszek Wawrykiewicz
>> Author's email: staw@gust.org.pl
>> Package version: 1.605 and 1.502
>> Location on CTAN: fonts/tex-gyre-math/
>> Summary description: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math
>> 	are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes
>> 	families of fonts
>> License type: other-free
>>

>> Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
>> TeX Gyre Pagella Math (ver. 1.605) and TeX Gyre Termes Math (ver. 1.502)
>> are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes families
>> of fonts (see http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/) in
>> the OpenType format.
>>
>> Authors: Bogus\l{}aw Jackowski, Piotr Strzelczyk and Piotr Pianowski
>>
>> Please note, that the naming of the fonts file was changed to the unified
>> scheme <full font name, lowercase, nospaces>-math.otf
>>
>> Users may view the package catalogue entry at
>> http://www.ctan.org/pkg/tex-gyre-math
>> or they may browse the package directory at
>> http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/tex-gyre-math/
>
> all now installed, catalogued, etc.
>
> thanks for the update.
>
> Robin Fairbairns
>
> For the CTAN team

Will these fonts be available to (pdf)LaTeX users too, in their type1 version?

 Since they were generated with MetaType1, I assume a type1 version
already exists. (Though I have to say  I know nothing about fonts
creation). Such a version would be handy… e.g. for use with MetaPost
itself (upon which MetaType1 is based),  since MetaPost can not handle
Opentype fonts for now.

Franck Pastor <franck.pastor@NOSPAMme.com> writes:

> On 2013-02-08 12:09:15 +0100, CTAN Announcements <ctan-ann@dante.de> said:
>
>> the daemon pronounced:
>>
>>> Name of contribution: TeX Gyre Pagella/Termes Math updates
>>> Author's name: Staszek Wawrykiewicz
>>> Author's email: staw@gust.org.pl
>>> Package version: 1.605 and 1.502
>>> Location on CTAN: fonts/tex-gyre-math/
>>> Summary description: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math
>>> 	are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes
>>> 	families of fonts
>>> License type: other-free
> [...]
>
> Will these fonts be available to (pdf)LaTeX users too, in their type1
> version?
>
> Since they were generated with MetaType1, I assume a type1 version
> already exists. (Though I have to say  I know nothing about fonts
> creation). Such a version would be handy� e.g. for use with MetaPost
> itself (upon which MetaType1 is based),  since MetaPost can not handle
> Opentype fonts for now.

my understanding is, "no".  i understood that the contract (with tug, or
whatever) was for otf.  think of the time lag between the release of
stix otf, and the release of stix type 1 (supposedly available "soon"):
it's a substantial job.  (though i presume the need to specify a set of
8-bit encodings is no longer necessary on a repeat project.)

istm that most people nowadays think of (xe|lua)tex for future-proofing.
in that context, there is little point in back porting a font.

(and if you decide to back-port one, what do you do with all the rest?)
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
sorry about all this posting.  i'll go back to sleep in a bit.
On 2013-02-11 11:57:29 +0100, Robin Fairbairns said:

> Franck Pastor <franck.pastor@NOSPAMme.com> writes:
>
>> On 2013-02-08 12:09:15 +0100, CTAN Announcements <ctan-ann@dante.de> said:
>>
>>> the daemon pronounced:

>> [...]
>>
>> Will these fonts be available to (pdf)LaTeX users too, in their type1
>> version?
>>
>> Since they were generated with MetaType1, I assume a type1 version
>> already exists. (Though I have to say  I know nothing about fonts
>> creation). Such a version would be handy… e.g. for use with MetaPost
>> itself (upon which MetaType1 is based),  since MetaPost can not handle
>> Opentype fonts for now.
>
> my understanding is, "no".  i understood that the contract (with tug, or
> whatever) was for otf.  think of the time lag between the release of
> stix otf, and the release of stix type 1 (supposedly available "soon"):
> it's a substantial job.  (though i presume the need to specify a set of
> 8-bit encodings is no longer necessary on a repeat project.)
>
> istm that most people nowadays think of (xe|lua)tex for future-proofing.
> in that context, there is little point in back porting a font.
>
> (and if you decide to back-port one, what do you do with all the rest?)

These fonts were designed with MetaType1, which produces only
PostScript Type1 fonts as far as I know, and then they have been
converted to the Opentype format. So I think (maybe I'm mistaken) that
a type1 version of these fonts already exists, but has not been
packaged for distribution. Perhaps they will never be, as you say, but
in that case I would like to be certain of it.

And, as I noticed, it is a bit of a paradox that the tool which helped
to produce these fonts (MetaPost) will not be able to use them at all
:-/

On Monday, February 11, 2013 6:58:34 PM UTC+2, Franck Pastor wrote:
> On 2013-02-11 11:57:29 +0100, Robin Fairbairns said:
>=20
> > Franck Pastor <franck.pastor@NOSPAMme.com> writes:
> >=20
> >> On 2013-02-08 12:09:15 +0100, CTAN Announcements <ctan-ann@dante.de> s=
aid:
> >>=20
> >> [...]
> >>=20
> >> Will these fonts be available to (pdf)LaTeX users too, in their type1
> >> version?
> >>=20
> >> Since they were generated with MetaType1, I assume a type1 version
> >> already exists. (Though I have to say  I know nothing about fonts
> >> creation). Such a version would be handy=85 e.g. for use with MetaPost
> >> itself (upon which MetaType1 is based),  since MetaPost can not handle
> >> Opentype fonts for now.
> >=20
> > my understanding is, "no".  i understood that the contract (with tug, o=
> > whatever) was for otf.  think of the time lag between the release of
> > stix otf, and the release of stix type 1 (supposedly available "soon"):
> > it's a substantial job.  (though i presume the need to specify a set of
> > 8-bit encodings is no longer necessary on a repeat project.)
> >=20
> > istm that most people nowadays think of (xe|lua)tex for future-proofing=
..
> > in that context, there is little point in back porting a font.
> >=20
> > (and if you decide to back-port one, what do you do with all the rest?)
>=20
> These fonts were designed with MetaType1, which produces only=20
> PostScript Type1 fonts as far as I know, and then they have been=20
> converted to the Opentype format. So I think (maybe I'm mistaken) that=20
> a type1 version of these fonts already exists, but has not been=20
> packaged for distribution. Perhaps they will never be, as you say, but=20
> in that case I would like to be certain of it.

There are many things to consider to get the fonts working with legacy TeX =
engine, special glyph metrics, how the glyphs are placed in there boxes, sp=
ecial glyphs only needed by legacy TeX, not to mention font encodings and s=
upport files. The font format is a minor issue, converting from OpenType to=
 Type1 (if the fonts were started as OpenType fonts) is straight forward.

Regards,
Khaled
On 2013-02-12 15:23:55 +0100, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@eglug.org> said:

> On Monday, February 11, 2013 6:58:34 PM UTC+2, Franck Pastor wrote:

> aid:

>>> my understanding is, "no".  i understood that the contract (with tug, o
>>> whatever) was for otf.  think of the time lag between the release of
>>> stix otf, and the release of stix type 1 (supposedly available "soon"):
>>> it's a substantial job.  (though i presume the need to specify a set of
>>> 8-bit encodings is no longer necessary on a repeat project.)
>>>
>>> istm that most people nowadays think of (xe|lua)tex for future-proofing
> .
>>> in that context, there is little point in back porting a font.
>>>
>>> (and if you decide to back-port one, what do you do with all the rest?)
>>
>> These fonts were designed with MetaType1, which produces only
>> PostScript Type1 fonts as far as I know, and then they have been
>> converted to the Opentype format. So I think (maybe I'm mistaken) that
>> a type1 version of these fonts already exists, but has not been
>> packaged for distribution. Perhaps they will never be, as you say, but
>> in that case I would like to be certain of it.
>
> There are many things to consider to get the fonts working with legacy TeX
> engine, special glyph metrics, how the glyphs are placed in there boxes, sp
> ecial glyphs only needed by legacy TeX, not to mention font encodings and s
> upport files. The font format is a minor issue, converting from OpenType to
>  Type1 (if the fonts were started as OpenType fonts) is straight forward.
>
> Regards,
> Khaled

I see that it is much less straightforward than I thought…

For my own information, what are the specials glyphs only needed by
TeX? I thought that OpenType fonts were much richer in glyphs than
native TeX fonts.

On 2013-02-13 10:10:15 +0100, Franck Pastor <franck.pastor@NOSPAMme.com> said:

> On 2013-02-12 15:23:55 +0100, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@eglug.org> said:

>> aid:

>> .

>>> These fonts were designed with MetaType1, which produces only
>>> PostScript Type1 fonts as far as I know, and then they have been
>>> converted to the Opentype format. So I think (maybe I'm mistaken) that
>>> a type1 version of these fonts already exists, but has not been
>>> packaged for distribution. Perhaps they will never be, as you say, but
>>> in that case I would like to be certain of it.
>>
>> There are many things to consider to get the fonts working with legacy TeX
>> engine, special glyph metrics, how the glyphs are placed in there boxes, sp
>> ecial glyphs only needed by legacy TeX, not to mention font encodings and s
>> upport files. The font format is a minor issue, converting from OpenType to
>>  Type1 (if the fonts were started as OpenType fonts) is straight forward.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Khaled
>
> I see that it is much less straightforward than I thought…

I mean: I see that making these fonts (which certainly already exist in
Type1 format) compatible with legacy TeX is much less straightforward
than I imagined.

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:10:15 AM UTC+2, Franck Pastor wrote:
> For my own information, what are the specials glyphs only needed by=20
> TeX? I thought that OpenType fonts were much richer in glyphs than=20
> native TeX fonts.

Some arrows do not have dedicated glyphs in Computer Modern fonts but are c=
onstructed by macros from different glyphs (like \mapsto, \hookleftarrow), =
LaTeX kernel and some math packages depend on the existence of the individu=
al parts even if the font has dedicated glyphs for them.

CTAN update: tex-gyre-math
the daemon wrote: > The following information was provided by the package's contributor. >=20 > Name of contribution: tex-gyre-math > Uploader's name: Staszek Wawrykiewicz > Package version: 1.007 > Location on CTAN: fonts/tex-gyre-math/ > Summary description: Maths fonts to match the tex-gyre-pagella text font > License type: lppl >=20 >=20 > Announcement text given by the package's contributor: > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > The update of the package contains some corrections. Also s...

CTAN Update: tex-gyre-math #2
Bogusław Jackowski, Piotr Strzelczyk, Piotr Pianowski, and Staszek Wawrykiewicz submitted an update to the tex-gyre-math bundle. Version: 2014-09-05 License: gfl Summary description: Maths fonts to match tex-gyre text fonts. Announcement text: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- TeX Gyre Math fonts are the math companions for the corresponding TeX Gyre families of fonts in the OpenType format. It comprises: TeX Gyre Bonum Math, ver. 1.005 TeX Gyre Pagella Math, ver. 1.632 TeX Gyre Schola Math...

xelatex and Tex Gyre Pagella
Vista, MiKTeX 2.7 I have installed the 'Tex Gyre Pagella' fonts (Open Type) in my 'Fonts' directory and have tried to use them in XeLaTeX. This doesn't work and I get a cascade of errors. Below is a small example .tex file and below that a snippet of the resulting .log file. Could anyone help me here, this font family looks very interesting. Regards, Nick H. ========== pagella.tex ========== \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fontspec} \usepackage{xunicode} \usepackage{xltxtra} \defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase} \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Tex Gyre Pagella} %...

TeX Gyre Pagella font question
Hi, Is there a good way of setting all numbers to old style numbers for this font, rather than using \textoneoldstyle, etc. all the time. Also, using \oldstylenums{} everywhere is cumbersome. I have been searching for an option like osf which the mathpazo package has but with no luck so far. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. hozi hozi <huzefa.khalil@gmail.com> writes: >Is there a good way of setting all numbers to old style numbers for >this font, rather than using \textoneoldstyle, etc. all the time. >Also, using \oldstylenums{} everywhere is cumbersome. I have b...

math-tex, cancel/crossing out terms...
I googled this for a whole day with no clear answer. I am writing up the homework solution for an undergraduate class I am TAing (get some exercise in Tex along the way). I want to show them how to cancelled the unit when calculating simple stuff (this is a minimally mathematic physics class)...but I can't figure out how to put a cross or slash, or whatever over terms that are gone...anybody help? Thank yoU! Matt wrote: > I googled this for a whole day with no clear answer. I am writing up the > homework solution for an undergraduate class I am TAing (get some > exercise in...

XeTeX and ffi ligature with TeX Gyre Termes
Following G=FCnter Milde's excellent advice, I've been trying to use TeX Gyre Termes as a Times New Roman substitute in typesetting a book with XeLaTeX. It's great for having small caps and a full set of ligatures. However, I'm finding that I can't get XeLaTeX to give me the "ffi" ligature. I've checked the font in "Font Book" (I'm running OS X 10.4.11) so I know it exists. Instead I get an ff ligature followed by a regular i, as in the following minimal example: \documentclass[11pt]{memoir} \usepackage{fontspec} \setmainfont[Mapping=3Dtex-...

(La)TeX math -> fixed width text
Hello ctt, I was playing around with Unicode and I made a HTML page with some mathematical expressions using fixed-width characters: http://wiki.auf-trag.de/textmath.html Is there a program that would make something like that automatically from LaTeX math code? (I know it's ugly, I'm just asking out of curiosity) Regards, Stephan Stephan Walter wrote: > Hello ctt, > > I was playing around with Unicode and I made a HTML page with some > mathematical expressions using fixed-width characters: > > http://wiki.auf-trag.de/textmath.html > > Is there a prog...

upright \pi matching Times (TeX Gyre Termes)
Dear TeXperts, following the recommendations of the IUPAP, I would like to typeset the symbol for the \pi constant in an upright shape. This is straightforward with mathdesign: \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage[utopia]{mathdesign} \usepackage[OMLmathbf,sfdefault=cmbr]{isomath} \begin{document} The area of a circle is $ A=\mathrm{\pi}r^2$. \[ f(x) = \mathrm{e}^{\frac{\mathrm{\pi}}{2}x} \] Styling pi: $\pi, \mathrm{\pi}, \mathsans{\pi}$ and $\mathbold{\pi}, \mathbf{\pi}, \mathboldsans{\pi}$ \end{document} However, I need to set the document in Times. ...

Table.TeX in Plain TeX
Dear all Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX". Can any one supply this or give any ideas of where it can be found. Thanks and Regards Saravanan,M. India Saravanan_Typesetter@yahoo.co.in (Saravanan,M.) writes: >Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in >Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX". i suspect you may be thinking of tables.tex (plural tables). that is available on ctan, together with some documenta...

TeX programming for XML TeX
Dear TeX programmers, Kindly guide me how to develop the XML TeX work flow. Regards, Ganesh On 04/07/11 06:20, Ganesh Loganathan wrote: > Dear TeX programmers, > > Kindly guide me how to develop the XML TeX work flow. You have asked this several times. Have you done any work on finding out what to do? Do you mean XMLTeX (the program) or "XML and TeX" as a generic platform? Transforming XML to LaTeX requires learning a transformation scripting language such as XSLT. This should be your first task. The workflow looks something like this: 1. Author's text (usually...

program to display text files with imbedded TeX Math expressions.
I am reading a mailing list. Some of the messages contain embedded TeX math expressions (escaped with $). The messages themselves are not valid TeX or LaTeX; they do not have the proper headers. Are there programs to properly display these math expressions? -- Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096 pelliott@io.com PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J http://www.io.com/~pelliott/pme/ Austin TX 78758-3117 Under Plain TeX you dont need any headers. Just an ending \bye. On NeXTstep you could use TeXview.app's TeX eq -> eps Service to convert them inlin...

How to access cyrillic letters in the TeX Gyre fonts (e.g. pagella)?
Hi, I'm trying to typeset a LaTeX document that contains some cyrillic characters. I use the TeX Gyre Pagella font, which includes glyphs for cyrillic. I did not find any documentation how to make cyrillic work with pagella. My document contains \usepackage{tgpagella} When it also contains \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} I get Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:=D1 not set up for use with LaTeX. as soon as I reach the first cyrillic character. When I change the line to \usepackage[T1,T2C]{fontenc} Cyrillic letters work fine, but the font of the document is in Computer Moder...

TeX-gyre and xpdf
When installing the newly released TeX-gyre fonts, I've found something curious. When opening with xpdf (linux) the "q??-test.pdf" files in the documentation, I see nothing. With Adobe Reader I see them well. After installing the fonts, if I compile the sources with pdflatex I can see the files fine with xpdf, but if I do it with latex +dvips+ps2pdf (as the distributed docs) I have the same problem as before. Does anybody else have the same problem? Thanks, Gual > After installing the fonts, if I compile the sources with > pdflatex I can see the files fine with xpdf, but ...

mathtools underbrace won't jive with TeX Gyre Pagella
Dear all: \documentclass{minimal} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{unicode-math} \setmathfont[Extension=.otf]{texgyrepagella-math} \usepackage{mathtools} \begin{document} \(\underbrace{x\ldots x}_{i\ \text{times}}\) \end{document} produces garbage instead of braces. Any way out (except using LaTeXunderbrace)? Thanks in advance, Frank Frank Feuerstern je 16.1.2016 ob 15:23 napisal: > Dear all: > > \documentclass{minimal} > \usepackage{amsmath} > \usepackage{unicode-math} > \setmathfont[Extension=.otf]{texgyrepagella-math} > \usepackage{mathtool...

TeX
Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com ...

TeX
Hi, I am attempting to get emTeX running. Does anyone have recent experience with this software? In particular, will installation of the emx dll included with the package conflict with more recent emx releases? Also, is support for recent printers available anywhere? TIA RWM On 2004-06-16, Robert Murr <rwmurr@pcmagic.net> wrote: > I am attempting to get emTeX running. If you don't have a special reason to install emTeX I would start with VTex. There is a OS/2-Version that's free for personal use. Works very well. http://www.micropress-inc.com ...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

Docx to TeX and TeX to Doc conversion
Dear TeX Experts, Really I proud of all the Experts. Kindly suggest me in Mik TeX itself any options to convert TeX to Doc conversion with high quality of equations also. I expecting the positive answers from the Great Team. Thanks and Regards, Ganesh Ganesh Loganathan wrote: > Dear TeX Experts, > > Really I proud of all the Experts. > > Kindly suggest me in Mik TeX itself any options to convert TeX to Doc > conversion with high quality of equations also. > > I expecting the positive answers from the Great Team. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fmtco...

TeX / e-TeX disc groups ???
Hello, I found in eTeX manual that there exists disc groups (type number 10). I really don't see what they are... ;-( Any help ? On 10/21/2010 03:02 AM, GL wrote: > Hello, > > I found in eTeX manual that there exists disc groups (type number 10). These are active for a very short time while scanning the arguments of \discretionary. Best wishes, Taco ...

CTAN Update: lisp-on-tex
HAKUTA Shizuya submitted an update to the lisp-on-tex package. Version number: 1.2 License type: other-free Summary description: The package provides a LISP interpreter written using TeX macros; it is provided as a LaTeX package. The interpreter static scoping, dynamic typing, and eager evaluation. Announcement text: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- * Added TUG2013's examples. * Improved the performance. * The evaluation speed is twice as fast as the previous version. * Ad...

?How do 4ers handle Math.tex?
Anton Ertl's old text was exposing the abuse of capturing-the-market when the browser-wars peaked some years ago. Since forthers don't just take the short-term view of follow-the-herd: how do they manage to read <math.tex> which is eg, embedded in text which they eg. fetch via a <text.html-fetcher> instead of being married to the latest browser/monster ? It's worse than the tower of Babel!! On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 6:10:58 PM UTC-8, Unknown wrote: > [...] > Since forthers don't just take the short-term view of follow-the-herd: > how d...

CTAN update: TeX-GPC
This package has been updated at tug.ctan.org Thanks again, Jim Hefferon Saint Michael's College .......................................................................... The following information was provided by our fellow contributor: Name of contribution: TeX-GPC Author's name: Wolfgang Helbig Location on CTAN: /systems/unix/tex-gpc Summary description: TeX-GPC, second edition License type: bsd Announcement text: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- This edition of TeX-GPC includes MetaPost, dvips, xdvi, polytonic greek fonts, and improved f...

CTAN update: UK TeX FAQ
i have just installed a new version of the uk tex faq. this version is not a "finished product" (a bug was discovered in the html files that tex distributions use, so *something* had to be done in short order -- so i have released a development snapshot). i believe that it's self consistent, however. Users may view the package's catalogue entry at http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/uk-tex-faq.html or browse the package's directory at http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/uk-tex-faq/ or, of course, they can browse the Web version at http://www.tex.ac....

Using border.tex on an existing tex document
Hi I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around = a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border = appears but all of my content disappears. Without \borderson the page conte= nt renders as expected (though of course, no border!). I've tried fiddling = with the page dimensions etc but I'm not entirely convinced thats whats cau= sing it. The border.tex macro looks like it should do exactly what I want, = apart from the missing content ;( The original tex content...

Web resources about - CTAN update: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math - comp.text.tex