Customizing Beamer

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.

How do I get the three-tiered toc lines in the header while keeping
them solid and not "fuzzy?"

I'm defining my own footer like this:

\setbeamertemplate{footline}{%
\begin{beamercolorbox}{footlinecolor}%
\insertshortdate\hfill \insertinstitute \hfill \insertframenumber/\inserttotalframenumber
\end{beamercolorbox}}

but the text extends all the way to the left and right ends of the page. What
variable can I reference to use the same left and right margins in the footer
as there are in the header?
--
Randy Yates                      % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
Digital Signal Labs              %  the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"

See related articles to this posting

On 10 d=E9c, 17:57, Randy Yates <ya...@ieee.org> wrote:
> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.

what about  \useoutertheme{tree}

0
Reply pluton 12/10/2010 11:24:16 PM

On 12/10/2010 06:24 PM, pluton wrote:
> On 10 d�c, 17:57, Randy Yates<ya...@ieee.org>  wrote:
>> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
>> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
>> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.
>
> what about  \useoutertheme{tree}

Yeah, I tried that, but it inserts these |- graphics objects, which
I don't want either. I just want the text, properly indented.
--
Randy Yates                      % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
Digital Signal Labs              %  the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"
mailto://yates@ieee.org          %
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com % 'Shangri-La', *A New World Record*, ELO
0
Reply Randy 12/10/2010 11:30:21 PM

> Yeah, I tried that, but it inserts these |- graphics objects, which
> I don't want either. I just want the text, properly indented.

ok

for the second question, I would play with the \hspace command:
I do not know where the headers margins are stored (could not find in
the user guide) but you can control visually orfind the exact header
margins somewhere.

\setbeamertemplate{footline}{%
\hspace*{10pt}\insertshortdate\hfill \insertinstitute \hfill
\insertframenumber/\inserttotalframenumber\hspace*{10pt}}

0
Reply pluton 12/10/2010 11:36:36 PM

On 10 d=E9c, 17:57, Randy Yates <ya...@ieee.org> wrote:
> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.
>
> How do I get the three-tiered toc lines in the header while keeping
> them solid and not "fuzzy?"

What I'd do (probably not the best solution) is:

1 - locate beamerouterthemetree.sty in your computer
2 - copy/paste it in your working directory
3 - rename it as beamerouterthememytree.sty
4 - open it and comment the following lines:
%\beamer@tree@showhookstrue
%\DeclareOptionBeamer{hooks}{\csname
beamer@tree@showhooks#1\endcsname}
%\ProcessOptionsBeamer
5 - in your main document, use: \useoutertheme{mytree}

this will use the tree outer theme without the |- thing

0
Reply pluton 12/11/2010 12:00:21 AM

sorry, discard my previous message (with the crazy method) and use
instead : \useoutertheme[hooks=false]{tree}
0
Reply pluton 12/11/2010 12:03:26 AM

On 12/10/2010 07:03 PM, pluton wrote:
> sorry, discard my previous message (with the crazy method) and use
> instead : \useoutertheme[hooks=false]{tree}

Perfect - thanks!
--
Randy Yates                      % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
Digital Signal Labs              %  the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"
mailto://yates@ieee.org          %
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com % 'Shangri-La', *A New World Record*, ELO
0
Reply Randy 12/11/2010 12:14:34 AM
comp.text.tex 36555 articles. 70 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Customizing navigation in Beamer
Howdy, I'm using Beamer to create a presentation, and I'm currently using the Darmstadt theme. I'm quite happy with this layout with one exception. For each section there is a set of circles indicating the subsection and progression through each subsection. If I only have a few slides this looks fine. However I'm pushing 90 slides and I'll probably top off at over 150, so this line of circles is getting crowded and going off the page. So here is my question can I either eliminate this line of little circles or have it only display the progression through the curr...

customize titlepage in beamer
I have created a beamer presentation; but facing one problem. I want to create titlepage that will contain a "collaborator" field in titlepage beside the default title,author, institution and date. how this can be possible? ...

customizing titlepage in beamer class
Dear all, do you know if/how it is possible to add an additional line to the titlepage in a beamer presentation? Up to now I have \title{} \author{} \institute{} \date{} but I would like to add a line at the bottom of the page with something like "Research funded by ...". Thank you for suggestions! BR pkg pkg skrev: > Dear all, > > do you know if/how it is possible to add an additional line to the > titlepage in a beamer presentation? Up to now I have > \title{} > \author{} > \institute{} > \date{} > but I would like to add a line at the bottom of the ...

Beamer: customizing block envrionment
Hi All, I am using beamer 3.06, and would like to know if there's a way to customize the background color (and the bullet color of itemized environments) for block environments? I have only managed to get blue and green blocks (the latter via an "exampleblock"). Would it be possible, say, to get a red block? If it matters, I am using the inner color theme "rose" and inner theme "rounded". Many thanks! Regards, - Sam > Would it be possible, say, to get a red block? Well I think it doesn't fix all your problems...but you can create a red blo...

example of adding custom logo to beamer
Hi group, I noticed a few questions here and on the beamer mailing list on how to add a logo to beamer. Here is my solution for one particular beamer style. I have this in a .sty file which is then included using the \usepackage{} command %% package for a plain presentation. The look includes two header %% lines that contain the title, the current section and the CIM logo. %% Declare the look of the presentation. It is based on these beamer %% files, but modified slightly below to include the CIM logo \usetheme{JuanLesPins} \useoutertheme{smoothtree} \usecolortheme{seahorse} %% 3/1...

How to customize font size in Beamer theorem environment?
Hi all, I am using Beamer(Madrid theme). Can anybody suggest me how can I adjust font size in theorem environment? Sometime I want font size in theorem environment a little bit bigger than font size outside theorem environment. Thank you in advance. Chat ...

beamer customization: ball color and title page layout
I'm using beamer with the Copenhagen theme for slides and Malmoe for handouts. Two questions regarding customization: (1) I'm using the ball template for itemize items, but would like to be able to change the color for level 2 items. %%% Customizations \setbeamertemplate{items}[ball] % remove navigation symbols \setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{} %% No footline on title slide \defbeamertemplate{footline}{title slide}{% \relax } In Seminar, I would just use something like \renewcommand{\labelitemii}{\blue{\rule{1ex}{1ex}}} to set item label symbols. How can I change the ball...

custom-custom properties list
In installing 2007, I first used the copy settings wizard, and backed up my templates/sheet formats. I removed 2006 including the registry references, then installed 2007. I used the wizard to restore my settings. All settings seem to be as they were, except my custom properties list. I had to manually re-enter the 10 or so custom properties that we've accumulated. As the list of non-standard custom properties seems to grow with time, I'd like to know, for future upgrading, where that data was stored in the first place, so that I can simply copy it over. Its not part ...

customizing LOOP for a custom class
I generally find the LOOP constructs more readable than various DO constructs or MAP-this-and-that with LAMBDA. However, sometimes i need to iterate in some way over a custom object. Python has the ability to define what the FOR loop does with an instance of a custom class. This does not seem soooo difficult to implement in CL. I'd try to do it myself, but i'd perfer to use a standard mechanism if there is one. Here is an example. ;; here i define what it means to iterate over a MOSAIC (defmethod map-mosaic (fun (mosaic mosaic)) (loop for row from 1 to (rows mosaic) do...

Custom icons on my custom toolbar?
I have searched Google but can not find any recent posts on this subject... RE: Access 2000, 2002, 2003 Is there any way to add new icons to my custom toolbar, or am I stuck with the twee ones that Access provides? Paul "Paul H" <google@comcraft.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:aeaf096f-677e-4708-ad71-2d94d12d6e06@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have searched Google but can not find any recent posts on this > subject... > > RE: Access 2000, 2002, 2003 > > Is there any way to add new icons to my custom toolbar, or am I stuck > with the twee one...

Beamer: progressbar Beamer theme
Hi, preparing presentation with Beamer I also experimenting with progressbar = theme (http://www.cert.fr/dcsd/THESES/sbouveret/francais/LaTeX.html),=20 but it doesn't work. Error message is: =2E................................................................. You are using the progressbar beamer theme (Sylvain B.) Version: 0.32. Jun. 2007. =2E................................................................. (pgfgen.nav) ! Package PGF Math Error: Unknown operator `m' or `mm'. See the PGF Math package documentation for explanation. Type H <return> for immediate help. .....

Custom iterator or custom predicate?
Is there a stylistically preferred way to apply an algorithm to a vector of vectors? For example, suppose I have: typedef vector< vector<int> > Array2D; Array2D array2D; I want to find the top-level element who's 2nd element is the maximum (think searching on column 2). The obvious algorithm is max_element, but do I use a custom iterator or a custom predicate? Should I define a predicate like LessThan2ndElement<T> or an interator adaptor that converts Array2D::iterator to an interator that, when dereferenced, returns the 2nd element of the vector<int> it po...

custom allocation and custom type
Hi all, I am trying to create a custom tuple type. I want it to live in a custom memory region, which will be a memory-mapped file. Its contents cannot be PyObject*. They have to be offsets into mapped memory. GetItem( i ) would return: (PyObject *)( t->ob_item[ i ]+ mmap_base_addr ); In the constructor, each item x would be stored as: BYTE* x_offset= x- mmap_base_addr; t->ob_item[ 0 ]= x_offset; For starters, only ints, strings, and other tuples will be members. I'll work out the list type and user-defined classes at a later time. Each will be required to be alr...

Beamer
I have just started to use the beamer class for creating slides. This class is absolutely brilliant. It's both easier to use �nd more powerful than anything else I have ever seen. Easier than powerpoint, better-looking than seminar, more powerful than prosper! An incredible piece of software! Many congratulations to its creators! Joris ...

Beamer
Hoi Tjeerd, Had je toevallig al geinformeerd of ze in de zaal van het trouwfeest van Arno en Marieke een beamer hebben? Groeten, Erik ps. Was wel gezellig he, dat vrijgezellenfeest! Moeten we vaker doen! Wanneer gaan jullie trouwen? ;-) We kunnen natuurlijk voor Tim zo'n feest organiseren! Voor Leo kan dat (helaas? nee, niet echt) niet meer... denk ik... Ik weet nog niet wat zijn afspraakje heeft opgeleverd. Foutje? "Erik Maas" <erik@maas-rijt.demon.nl> schreef in bericht news:4121273C.4060701@maas-rijt.demon.nl... > Hoi Tjeerd, > > Had ...

Get custom scale as a custom property
Hi, Is there a way to get a view's scale as a custom property? I know you can get the sheet scale but my view's scales are set as different custom scales. My sheet scale is always 1:1. Is it a good way to work? What I understand of the scaling system is that the sheet format environment is always 1:1. When you set the scale as custom scale, the scale is apply in reference to the sheet format. When you scale with "sheet scale", you make the sheet bigger/smaller over the model (part, asembly) wich stays 1:1. Is it right?... but anyway I want the custom property of a view set to...

creating custom options for custom widgets?
Hi all. I'm creating a new widget class using Tkinter (class inherited form Tkinter.Frame). This class creates a bunch of other widgets inside it that can be "gridded" either horizontally or vertically. I would like to provide the user of the class an option to change this layout on the fly, using something like "widget[ 'layout' ] = 'vertical'". Does anyone have experience with that? I'm afraid i just down know how to proceed or where to look for an example. thx for any help. alex. ...

Custom Listeners, yes, but why custom Events?
In many examples I find around the net of people defining their own custom events for Java objects, you find the combination of a custom FooEvent class together with a custom FooListener interface that has a fooFired(FooEvent evt) method. I often find it much clearer to bypass the FooEvent altogether and just have the interface with a more specifically named method that passes the desired event data directly (e.g. FooListener.fooCreated(Foo foo), FooListener.fooBarred(Foo foo, Bar bar), etc.. Am I missing some very obvious advantage to the FooEvent approach? I mean, I can recognize that it i...

Custom for loop / custom matlab syntax?
I'm wondering if it's possible to define custom iterators in matlab -- specifically, if it's possible to override for-loop syntax. My goal is to create a new for-loop like function which does a little bit of bookkeeping each time an iteration starts and stops. I think that something like this must be possible, since there is (I think) an existence proof: Accelereyes Jacket software somehow creates a "gfor" loop construct that does something similar. Using Jacket, you can write the following in Matlab: gfor i=1:10 A(:,:,i) = B(:,:,i)' gend Unfortunat...

customizing custom bibtex (numbering style)
Hello, I've generated custom bibtex with merlin/custbib and it works. But I still have one problem though. It gives the numbering this way: Bibliography [1] Author, year, ... [2] Author, year, ... [3] Author, year, ... Due to (stupid) regulation, I need to achieve: 1. Author, year, ... 2. Author, year, ... 3. Author, year, ... ? I've tried to look at my.bst but it gives me headache :( cheers, yoppy In article <1115442456.309155.123290@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "biophilia@gmail.com" <biophilia@gmail.com> writes: >Hello, > >I've generat...

customizing cbprice for pricing a custom model
I am a newbie MATLAB user running MATLAB Release 14 Service Pack 3 on Windows. My goal is to build a two factor recombining trinomial tree to price an embedded double barrier swaption and its potential payoffs. I am trying to price a custom structure model for a 4-year term Synthetic Convertible Note Embedded with Double Knock-in Barrier Swaption Bermudan Style using cbprice of Fixed-Income Toolbox. The Note-holder gets 16.9% every half year (semiannually) as long as they hold the SC Note. If the underlying stock should appreciate by 482.31% to 1252.75%, the note-holder has the right to co...

Custom Tags within Custom Tags.
I have a custom tag that spits out struts-html tags. The problem is that the struts tags are not being interpreted. I think that the interpretation is only happening once, how do I get JSP to interpret both my custom tag and the struts tags contained in my custom tag. Thanks in advance "Ranganath" <stranganath@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:50878eb2.0310161539.6fbb8305@posting.google.com... > I have a custom tag that spits out struts-html tags. The problem is > that the struts tags are not being interpreted. > I think that the interpretation is only happening once,...

Removing Customize Dropdown on a Custom Toolbar
I have an Access 2003 front-end database with custom toolbars. The toolbars work fine. One annoying feature is that at the far right edge of each custom toolbar there a small dropdown arrow. When you hover over it with the mouse, a ControlTip Text of "Toolbar Options" is displayed. If you then click on the dropdrown arrow, it displays a popup menu of "Add or Remove Buttons", with a fly-out menu with the toolbar name at the top and "Customize..." at the bottom. Normally you can use this to customize your menus and toolbars. In my case, I disable the custom...

can you set focus to a custom custom element?
hi, I can use the following code to set focus to standard html elements but if I try to do the same for a custom element, it seems to complain that it does not support a focus method. Does anyone know what is the problem, if there is a work around? thank you <SCRIPT language='javascript'> document.getElementById('" + ctrl.ID + "').focus() </SCRIPT> killkennyhouse@hotmail.com (Phl) wrote: >I can use the following code to set focus to standard html elements >but if I try to do the same for a custom element, it seems to complain What is 'it&...