Customizing Beamer

I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.

How do I get the three-tiered toc lines in the header while keeping
them solid and not "fuzzy?"

I'm defining my own footer like this:

\setbeamertemplate{footline}{%
\begin{beamercolorbox}{footlinecolor}%
\insertshortdate\hfill \insertinstitute \hfill \insertframenumber/\inserttotalframenumber
\end{beamercolorbox}}

but the text extends all the way to the left and right ends of the page. What
variable can I reference to use the same left and right margins in the footer
as there are in the header?
--
Randy Yates                      % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
Digital Signal Labs              %  the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"

On 10 d=E9c, 17:57, Randy Yates <ya...@ieee.org> wrote:
> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.

what about  \useoutertheme{tree}

0
pluton
12/10/2010 11:24:16 PM
On 12/10/2010 06:24 PM, pluton wrote:
> On 10 d�c, 17:57, Randy Yates<ya...@ieee.org>  wrote:
>> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
>> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
>> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.
>
> what about  \useoutertheme{tree}

Yeah, I tried that, but it inserts these |- graphics objects, which
I don't want either. I just want the text, properly indented.
--
Randy Yates                      % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
Digital Signal Labs              %  the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"
mailto://yates@ieee.org          %
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com % 'Shangri-La', *A New World Record*, ELO
0
Randy
12/10/2010 11:30:21 PM
> Yeah, I tried that, but it inserts these |- graphics objects, which
> I don't want either. I just want the text, properly indented.

ok

for the second question, I would play with the \hspace command:
I do not know where the headers margins are stored (could not find in
the user guide) but you can control visually orfind the exact header
margins somewhere.

\setbeamertemplate{footline}{%
\hspace*{10pt}\insertshortdate\hfill \insertinstitute \hfill
\insertframenumber/\inserttotalframenumber\hspace*{10pt}}

0
pluton
12/10/2010 11:36:36 PM
On 10 d=E9c, 17:57, Randy Yates <ya...@ieee.org> wrote:
> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.
>
> How do I get the three-tiered toc lines in the header while keeping
> them solid and not "fuzzy?"

What I'd do (probably not the best solution) is:

1 - locate beamerouterthemetree.sty in your computer
2 - copy/paste it in your working directory
3 - rename it as beamerouterthememytree.sty
4 - open it and comment the following lines:
%\beamer@tree@showhookstrue
%\DeclareOptionBeamer{hooks}{\csname
beamer@tree@showhooks#1\endcsname}
%\ProcessOptionsBeamer
5 - in your main document, use: \useoutertheme{mytree}

this will use the tree outer theme without the |- thing

0
pluton
12/11/2010 12:00:21 AM
sorry, discard my previous message (with the crazy method) and use
instead : \useoutertheme[hooks=false]{tree}
0
pluton
12/11/2010 12:03:26 AM
On 12/10/2010 07:03 PM, pluton wrote:
> sorry, discard my previous message (with the crazy method) and use
> instead : \useoutertheme[hooks=false]{tree}

Perfect - thanks!