Customizing Beamer

I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.

How do I get the three-tiered toc lines in the header while keeping
them solid and not "fuzzy?"

I'm defining my own footer like this:

\setbeamertemplate{footline}{%
\begin{beamercolorbox}{footlinecolor}%
\insertshortdate\hfill \insertinstitute \hfill \insertframenumber/\inserttotalframenumber
\end{beamercolorbox}}

but the text extends all the way to the left and right ends of the page. What
variable can I reference to use the same left and right margins in the footer
as there are in the header?
--
Randy Yates                      % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
Digital Signal Labs              %  the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"

On 10 d=E9c, 17:57, Randy Yates <ya...@ieee.org> wrote:
> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.

what about  \useoutertheme{tree}

0
pluton
12/10/2010 11:24:16 PM
On 12/10/2010 06:24 PM, pluton wrote:
> On 10 d�c, 17:57, Randy Yates<ya...@ieee.org>  wrote:
>> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
>> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
>> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.
>
> what about  \useoutertheme{tree}

Yeah, I tried that, but it inserts these |- graphics objects, which
I don't want either. I just want the text, properly indented.
--
Randy Yates                      % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
Digital Signal Labs              %  the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"
mailto://yates@ieee.org          %
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com % 'Shangri-La', *A New World Record*, ELO
0
Randy
12/10/2010 11:30:21 PM
> Yeah, I tried that, but it inserts these |- graphics objects, which
> I don't want either. I just want the text, properly indented.

ok

for the second question, I would play with the \hspace command:
I do not know where the headers margins are stored (could not find in
the user guide) but you can control visually orfind the exact header
margins somewhere.

\setbeamertemplate{footline}{%
\hspace*{10pt}\insertshortdate\hfill \insertinstitute \hfill
\insertframenumber/\inserttotalframenumber\hspace*{10pt}}

0
pluton
12/10/2010 11:36:36 PM
On 10 d=E9c, 17:57, Randy Yates <ya...@ieee.org> wrote:
> I'm using the Copenhagen theme along with \useroutertheme{smoothtree}
> since I like the three-tiered toc lines in the header. However,
> smoothtree also makes these lines "fuzzy," which I don't like.
>
> How do I get the three-tiered toc lines in the header while keeping
> them solid and not "fuzzy?"

What I'd do (probably not the best solution) is:

1 - locate beamerouterthemetree.sty in your computer
2 - copy/paste it in your working directory
3 - rename it as beamerouterthememytree.sty
4 - open it and comment the following lines:
%\beamer@tree@showhookstrue
%\DeclareOptionBeamer{hooks}{\csname
beamer@tree@showhooks#1\endcsname}
%\ProcessOptionsBeamer
5 - in your main document, use: \useoutertheme{mytree}

this will use the tree outer theme without the |- thing

0
pluton
12/11/2010 12:00:21 AM
sorry, discard my previous message (with the crazy method) and use
instead : \useoutertheme[hooks=false]{tree}
0
pluton
12/11/2010 12:03:26 AM
On 12/10/2010 07:03 PM, pluton wrote:
> sorry, discard my previous message (with the crazy method) and use
> instead : \useoutertheme[hooks=false]{tree}

Perfect - thanks!
--
Randy Yates                      % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
Digital Signal Labs              %  the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"
mailto://yates@ieee.org          %
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com % 'Shangri-La', *A New World Record*, ELO
0
Randy

Need help to custom the rand function ,
Hi guys, I was wondering how could i get a random number exemple between 1 and 100 but with n% of getting some value over a number x. Thanks a lot in advance. Fred Fred wrote: > Hi guys, > > I was wondering how could i get a random number exemple between 1 and > 100 but with n% of getting some value over a number x. > > Thanks a lot in advance. > > Fred > If you want n% chance of getting a value over x, then it isn't a random number. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstuckle...

custom format attributes?
I want to extract the DEFAULT length for a set of custom formats. Is there a more elegant solution than PROC FORMAT CNTLOUT=... LIBRARY=... for accessing this information in Base SAS? I have been looking for a system function call accessable through %sysexec or a SASHELP view. Thanks, Dwight Eggers dwight.e.eggers@aexp.com On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:20:05 -0500, Dwight Eggers <dwight.e.eggers@AEXP.COM> wrote: >I want to extract the DEFAULT length for a set of custom formats. Is >there a more elegant solution than > PROC FORMAT CNTLOUT=... LIBRARY=... >for accessing this ...

[News] How Microsoft Continues to Ruin OLPC and Abuse <strike>Poor Children</strike> Customers

Beamer Bullet
I want to insert the ball bullet used in {itemize} with the Warsaw theme into a non list environment. How can I do this? Thanks ...

Custom Software Development
iTechArt Group - Custom Software Development and Offshore outsourcing Company http://www.itechart.com/ Offshore custom software development company iTechArt - Web site and Content Management Solutions development, CMS consulting: Ektron, Drupal and DotNetNuke iTechArt Group provides high quality custom software development services and offshore software development. On December 2006, iTechArt Group became an authorized Microsoft Certified Partner. This means that our company has been recognized by Microsoft for our vast expertise and authorized to custom software development; provide IT ser...

Finder NSBrowser custom class
Ok probability the Finder column list is not a real NSBrowser... a strange sublclass? uhm :-/ Is there around an example of custom NSBrowser with special NSCell? I have searched a lot but nothing... only a "stupid" example ad ADC. In article <1h0rwus.h8rs8bm93cn4N%malcom.mac@g-mail-.com>, malcom.mac@g-mail-.com (malcom) wrote: > Ok probability the Finder column list is not a real NSBrowser... a > strange sublclass? uhm :-/ > Is there around an example of custom NSBrowser with special NSCell? I > have searched a lot but nothing... only a "stupid&quo...

Transparent custom folders icons
I haven't got my system update yet, because it's too darn big to download over a dialup modem with a slow rural connection, so I'm still running 10.2.3 I want transparent folder icons. I downloaded two utilities that were supposed to be able to do it, and they didn't work. I can make the icons easily enough using the dev tools included with the system, but then I don't know how to attach them to my folders. In article <1g9gdvx.u2nuhkunk2hhN%mbottorff@mac.com>, Michelle Bottorff <mbottorff@mac.com> wrote: > I haven't got my system update yet, beca...

NVHOST Website Design & Custom Programming Supports Cancer Charities
NVHOST.com wants to make the world a better place! We will donate 10% of revenues for any new website design, search engine optimization, or custom programming project, $999 or higher, to cancer charities. Just include CANCER in your Customer Support communication or mention it if you call. How can NVHOST.com help grow your business and help charity at the same time? Please visit us at www.nvhost.com or call us at 866-469-4678 today. ...

How to make this custom textarea?
Hello all, I'm trying to make the step 2 of import process of Ms Excel in Javascript. Take a look at what I'm trying to do here: http://tiger.towson.edu/~knoagb1/screencap.jpg Now, this is what I have got: http://tiger.towson.edu/~knoagb1/javascript/textslicer.html The idea is to get the positions of created guidelines in an array; a server side script would use this array to split the file and then import into excel. But I have many troubles. First of all, my ruler should move as the scrollbar scrolls right. And I should be able to add guideline beyond the size of the textarea, ie i...

custom allocation and custom type
Hi all, I am trying to create a custom tuple type. I want it to live in a custom memory region, which will be a memory-mapped file. Its contents cannot be PyObject*. They have to be offsets into mapped memory. GetItem( i ) would return: (PyObject *)( t->ob_item[ i ]+ mmap_base_addr ); In the constructor, each item x would be stored as: BYTE* x_offset= x- mmap_base_addr; t->ob_item[ 0 ]= x_offset; For starters, only ints, strings, and other tuples will be members. I'll work out the list type and user-defined classes at a later time. Each will be required to be alr...

to customize my Frame
Hi, I am trying to make a E-device look JFrame, I've considered to override few ComponentUI method, like try to create new border with my left, bottom,right,top image... doesn't succeed much V.V . Anyone guru can shed some light here... Cheers kev ...

Removing Customize Dropdown on a Custom Toolbar
I have an Access 2003 front-end database with custom toolbars. The toolbars work fine. One annoying feature is that at the far right edge of each custom toolbar there a small dropdown arrow. When you hover over it with the mouse, a ControlTip Text of "Toolbar Options" is displayed. If you then click on the dropdrown arrow, it displays a popup menu of "Add or Remove Buttons", with a fly-out menu with the toolbar name at the top and "Customize..." at the bottom. Normally you can use this to customize your menus and toolbars. In my case, I disable the custom...

Custom Scanf Routine
I have tried to write my custom scanf function on the lines of minprintf provided in K&R2.In the function myscanf() i access memory directly using the address passed to the function .Can it be dangerous ? I am getting the correct output though.Any help is appreciated. /*Include Files*/ /*Assisting Functions*/ int flushln(FILE *f){ /*Code*/} char *input(char *message){/*Code*/} static int getInt(void){/*Code*/} /*My Custom Scanf Routine*/ int myscanf(const char* format,...) { va_list ap; const char *p; int count = 0; int temp; va_start(ap,format); for( p = format ; *p ;p++) { if(...

Re: All customers PAY YOU IN CASH !!!
DO NOT DELETE, PRINT IT, READ IT AND MAKE SOME BIG BUCKS. IT HAS WORKED SO WELL, THIS IS MY THIRD TIME AROUND. I QUIT MY BORING JOB AND WORK AT THIS ABOUT ONE TO TWO HOURS A DAY PROCESSING ORDERS, INCLUDING MY DRIVE TO THE BANK! SO GO FOR IT, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID! EARN $100,000 PER YEAR SENDING E-MAIL OR PLACING FREE CLASSIFIED ADS!!! Dear Friend, You can earn $50,000 or more in the next 90 days sending e-mail. Seem Impossible? Read on for details; is there a catch; NO, there is no catch, just send your emails and be on your way to financial freedom. "AS SEEN ON NATIONAL ...

Feather plots customization not working
Hi all, According to the feather function help file, one can change the display of a feather graph using LineSpec. "feather(...,LineSpec) draws a feather plot using the line type, marker symbol, and color specified by LineSpec. " According to LineSpec, to make a line bolder, we use 'LineWidth'. Here is the code from the help file to graph a feather plot: theta = (-90:10:90)*pi/180; r = 2*ones(size(theta)); [u,v] = pol2cart(theta,r); feather(u,v); This works. Now, if you code: theta = (-90:10:90)*pi/180; r = 2*ones(size(theta)); [u,v] = pol2cart(theta,r); feather(u,...

custom attributes and param out of range curve
my question is this, since the custom attributes appear in the curve editor, can i expect them to behave as a normal channel would? So far my experience is that this not the case. if you apply any of the looping "param out of range" curves to the an animated custom attribute channel, the result is wrong. any suggestions as to how to work around this? ...

Custom properties
I'm using the Preferences class and have some objects to represent with Strings for storage.I have for example a rectangle class that may have a string representation "0,0,50,100".Now saving a property is not a problem I just have a CustomProperty interface and call toPropertyString().But loading a property is a case of documenting that CustomProperty classes must provide a no arg public contstructor, and then I can call CustomProperty.fromPropertyString(myPropStr) to populate the object.Now I'd really like to have immutable properties, and I realise I can have a toImmutableI...

Can't Customize Sounds
When I change settings in the sound customizations page some of the newly changed settings are ignored. The default sounds are working but any changes I make to the settings are ignored. I can't stand the default sounds and really want to change them. The changed settings that are ignored are: - Bell Volume - Default Alist (Name,Sound,Volume) - Load List The changed settings that aren't ignored are: - Visible Bell - Bell Inhibit Time All the changes are being saved in my .xemacs/custom.el file. Please help! ...

Custom iterator or custom predicate?
Is there a stylistically preferred way to apply an algorithm to a vector of vectors? For example, suppose I have: typedef vector< vector<int> > Array2D; Array2D array2D; I want to find the top-level element who's 2nd element is the maximum (think searching on column 2). The obvious algorithm is max_element, but do I use a custom iterator or a custom predicate? Should I define a predicate like LessThan2ndElement<T> or an interator adaptor that converts Array2D::iterator to an interator that, when dereferenced, returns the 2nd element of the vector<int> it po...

Compaq/HP Customer Service Experience
Had a problem with my Presario 2195 last Sat. Sent an e-mail at about 6am est. describing my problem. Within an hour I had a response and instructions about sending my unit in for Warranty repair. Tues. @ 3pm Fed-Ex picked up my laptop in NC, delivered it to Compaq/HP Wed. mornin in CA, and by Friday at 10:30am I had it back and fixed. Not bad support for them I guess. I'm happy! RED in NC ...

Expected behavior of tools using Customizers
Hello. I have a question about Customizers. The specification says: "Normally each Customizer will be run in a separate AWT dialog window. The customizer has complete discretion how it chooses to represent itself, and may redraw its appearance as the user navigates/moves through different stages of customization." Does this mean that it is implied that a Customizer will be placed by conformant tools into a new, say, JDialog with no further decoration? Or will a conformant tool always augment the Customizer-displaying "dialog window" to contain widgets for applying and/o...

Help installing a custom look and feel
Hi, As part of a current Uni assignment I am required to write a customised Look and Feel(LAF) and implement it in a java app. So far I have taken an existing LAF and *cough* modified it by renaming all the class instances and package paths to a package I have created for it. The idea was to first get this working effectively (i.e. to be applied to the app GUI) so I could begin to truly modify it and make my own LAF. I currently have a combobox which is populated (manually at the moment from a Vector) with the available system LAFs. On the mouseClicked event of a JButton the LAF is changed u...

Customizing toolbar
I couldn't remember how to customize my toolbar, so I googled and found a list of codes at http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~jaabogae/han/p300_idmcodes.html which referred me to resource\bpanel.txt under my Pegasus program directory. Han's code numbers are very different from those in bpanel.txt. Is this a version thing, or is there something I don't understand? (*) (*) Standard joke: "Don't be modest, Stan. There are many_ things you don't understand." -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA ...

How would you rate your dentist's responsiveness?..., the dental office's customer service?... or your dental clinic's responsiveness?..., your dental clinic's customer service?...
Depending on where you get dental healthcare, how would you rate your dentist's responsiveness?..., the dental office's customer service?... or your dental clinic's responsiveness?..., your dental clinic's customer service?... depending on where you get dental healthcare. meant for sci.med.dentistry ! ...

debugging DTS custom task written in C#.NET
Hi, I have a custom DTS task as a DLL written using .NET platform. I was able to debug a standard custom task writen in natively in C++ and COM, but somehow I got errors when dragging such task in DTS Designer. Now I have another one rewritten in .NET which works nicely, but I cannot debug it in any way I know. I set the MMC with DTS Designer as a calling application, but when creating a new task in package no breakpoint can be reached. Anyone knows how to debug it ? Regards, Severian ...