dvips: Couldn't find header file graphs/graphs.header

Hi,

I've used graphs.sty (by Frank Drewes) to include a few graphs in my
paper and (almost) all went well for plain LaTeX. However, now I'd like
to convert my dvi into a ps and I get the error message:
> ' TeX output 2007.12.20:0016' -> |lpr
> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header

There is a configuration file named graphs_config.tex in which it says:
> % The \special macro below must contain the path under which the file
> % graphs.header can be found in you local installation. Please modify it
> % accordingly.
>
> \special{header=graphs.header}

graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
Now I've moved it from
/usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
/usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/
but to no avail. I tried setting the full path in graphs_config.tex like
this:
> \special{header=/usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/graphs.header}
which didn't help. I've tried moving the header file into
> /usr/share/texmf/dvips/graphs/
and hoped dvips would have /usr/share/texmf/dvips/ in some variable
telling it where to look for headers. Alas, nothing worked.

Anyone know where to put ps headers and/or how to make their location
known to dvips?

Cheers,
Johannes

Software:
I'm using tetex from the Gentoo package app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r6.

Am Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:36:24 +0100 schrieb Tatome:

>> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header

> graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
> Now I've moved it from
> /usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
> /usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/

At my opinion this path should be fine. Did you update the filename
database? Where are other header files (they often have the
extension .pro)?

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
> graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
> Now I've moved it from
> /usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
> /usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/
I left it there; I suppose that's where it belongs. Then I did
cd /usr/share/texmf-site && ls -ls -LAR ./ >ls-R
and that solved the problem. Duh. Simple if you know it.
Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> At my opinion this path should be fine. Did you update the filename
> database?
That was the problem: I didn't :-)
Thanks, Ulrike.

Cheers,
Johannes

Problem with dvips "couldn't find header file 8r.enc" when using times or txfonts
I recently updated my MikTex installation using the tool they provide, and I believe that as a result something in dvips has broken. Up until this point, I have been using txfonts without difficulty. The stage to dvi still works, but when I attempt to use dvips I get the message couldn't find header file 8r.enc and dvips produces no output. This only happens when I use \usepackage{times} or \usepackage{txfonts}. Omitting these (i.e. using the default Compute Modern) results in perfectly successful PS output. I have looked and see that I have the files 8r.enc in \texmf\fonts\enc\dvip...

"Couldn't find header file arial.ttf", how to solve this problem?
I am writing my thesis with Latex. The files compile smoothly in the step latex thesis however, in the following step dvipdf thesis It does not work and reports an error as follows: "Couldn't find header file arial.ttf" How to solve this problem? Thanks a lot! I guess this is because that arial.ttf has not been installed in my system. Then I searched synaptic and found this package: "Installer for Microsoft TrueType core fonts" I installed and now I have an arial.ttf in computer, located in: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/arial.ttf But I don't know how to add this path to the searching path of dvipdf. Still, dvipdf cannot find this file and report the same error. Am Wed, 28 May 2008 07:47:23 -0700 (PDT) schrieb xz: > I am writing my thesis with Latex. > > The files compile smoothly in the step > > latex thesis > > however, in the following step > > dvipdf thesis > > It does not work and reports an error as follows: > > "Couldn't find header file arial.ttf" > > How to solve this problem? Last time I have seen such a message a map entry meant for pdftex only had crept in the map files for dvips. Search the psfonts.map of dvips, remove all lines with arial.ttf and try if the error disappear. If yes you should find the entries in the updmap.cfg which are reponsible and remove them. -- Ulrike Fischer On May 28, 9:57=A0am, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.d...

simple question (couldn't find in FAQ couldn't find with google search)
hey, this is a simple question which I was surprised that I couldn't find after reading the mutt manual and a google search... how exactly do you get a split screen, so that the top shows the message you are on, and the bottom gives you a preview? I would think the obvious choice for a config option would be set split_screen=<size> or somesuch, but apparently not. Could someone post the correct usage for the sake of me and other googling people to come? thanks, jon On 29 Dec 2003 21:27:19 -0800, jonathan wrote: > how exactly do you get a split screen, so ...

Couldn't find file 'System.mdw'
On one of my users desktops I have setup multiple icons to open Access applications (Access 2k). In the target line I have specified the path to msaccess.exe, the path of the system.mdw and the path to the ..mdb. The icons do not always work. Occasionally he will get the error message "Couldn't find file 'System.mdw'. This file is required for startup." If he opens any Access application by opening Access first and browsing to the .mdb it opens and then the icon works after that. It is not just one icon, this problem happens with multiple icons and the problem has s...

can't find files in pg_clog and invalid page headers
I am running postgres 7.4Beta1 and have found a problem, I'm not sure if its a bug or something I did wrong. I ran ANALYZE on a large table while the database was receiving data, after running it on just my large table I decided to run it on my entire database. When I issued the database wide analyze I got an error: data=# analyze; ERROR: could not access status of transaction 739760128 DETAIL: open of file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/02C1" failed: No such file or directory There is only one file in pg_clog its called 0000. I ran it again and got: dat...

gcc can't find 2 particular header files in source directory
gcc can't see 2 particular header files in the source directory. One of the files it can't find is an #include file in the other file it can't find. Other header files in source directory it does find. What can I do ??? In article <mh1apn$ip3$1@dont-email.me>, bilsch <king621@comcast.net> wrote: >gcc can't see 2 particular header files in the source directory. One of >the files it can't find is an #include file in the other file it can't >find. Other header files in source directory it does find. What can I >do ??? Show code....

Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'Chapters/chap1.aux'
Hi there, On a LaTeX document that is split into many files, if only part of the files are enabled through the use of \includeonly, the following errors are produced: -------------------------------- Latexmk: Log file says output to 'ykk.pdf' Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'FrontBackmatter/titlepage.aux' Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'FrontBackmatter/declaration.aux' Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'FrontBackmatter/acknowledge.aux' Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'FrontBackmatter/publications.aux' Latexmk: Couldn't fi...

require "mkmf" ---> can't find header files for ruby?
I am reposting my request, in case it was not seen, buried in another post: the first line of extconf.rb is require "mkmf", which is also the first line in programming ruby, ed 2 page 277. If I just run that line, I get the same error message, ruby require "mkmf" can't find header files for ruby. I am using the ruby that comes with Tiger. I did not find a ruby.h file, only an OSX-ruby.h which came in the rubycocoa installation. ...

Couldn't find X11 header/libs error from xscreensaver
I apologize for the lack of knowledge on my part and lack of importance of loading screensavers but I thought this would be fairly easy and a learning experience so if you have a minute help me make it that. I run the configure program I get the error and have tried putting in a number of places that it looks like X11 lives with no luck. Can anyone spot this one easily? Thank You Jim * wrote in comp.os.linux.misc: > I apologize for the lack of knowledge on my part and lack of importance > of loading screensavers but I thought this would be fairly easy and a > learning experience ...

extracting a 'smaller' graph from 'big' graph
hi, i am working on a routing module of a navigation system on pocket pc.I found Dijkstra algorithm the best for calculating the shortest path between two nodes (start and end points).Since pocket pc has a limited memory space and graph size may go to n size depending upon the geographical boundary i am considering.So i need to restrict the data section from the start to the end point so that graph size would become smaller and can be accomodated in the available memory .In a way i need to extract a smaller graph logically from a bigger graph based upon start and end points so that the scope of the computation is limited. I need to know to what extent this can happen and what methodologies i can opt while segmenting the graph and also need to know if there is any specific term for "graph segmentation". would be keenly waiting for your guidance. Thanks Yogi ...

extracting a 'smaller' graph from 'big' graph
hi, i am working on a routing module of a navigation system on pocket pc.I found Dijkstra algorithm the best for calculating the shortest path between two nodes (start and end points).Since pocket pc has a limited memory space and graph size may go to n size depending upon the geographical boundary i am considering.So i need to restrict the data section from the start to the end point so that graph size would become smaller and can be accomodated in the available memory .In a way i need to extract a smaller graph logically from a bigger graph based upon start and end points so that...

GD::Graph: "mixed" graph doesn't recognize "area" graph type
Hi, I'm using the GD::Graph module to create some graphs (great module, BTW!). Everything works fine. But in a "mixed" graph, "area" graphs are not recognized. I get this error message: [snip] unknown type area, assuming lines at [snip] I am trying to create a chart with two lines and three area graphs. The lines work fine. Area graphs work fine when used by themselves (not in a mixed graph); I wrote a small program to test this. I am using ActiveState Perl 5.6.1 on Win2000; GD 1.27, GD::Graph 1.31. I've read in the documentation that support for "mixed"...

Header files included in header files
Hi all What does the group think of the practise of including one header file from inside another? I have some legacy code where this has been done, and it creates a dependency on a module (collection of files) which are not required, except for one header file's contents. I'd say 'No, header files should be included in the C source, not in another header', but I've always come across strong arguments for the latter. What do you think, and what is accepted practise? Thanks JS In article <cdl6fm$lmj$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se>, "John Smith" <...

can't get the $_GET['id'] after the header is sent but page doesn't redirect
In the first if, the page is displayed without any company cars selected. If there is a company selected, then the id value is posted and captured by the redirect (1st elseif). Then one of two things can happen. The final else the selected company/id cars get displayed in the browser, or in the case of a post to a form for excel, the a header gets sent to the to the current_sightingsXL.php page. The current_sightingsXL.php and current_sightings.php pages test out. The second elseif works with one minor problem. I have to type in the url with the id to get it to download to excel. i...

UNIX header files to Windows header files
Hi, I need to port some C code from UNIX SGI to Windows (MS VC++ compiler). The following header files arent available in windows: #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/socketvar.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <netdb.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get windows versions of these? Thanks! anand.ba@gmail.com wrote: > > I need to port some C code from UNIX SGI to Windows (MS VC++ compiler). &g...

Re: find a character in a header, store that header's address
On Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:23:48 AM UTC-5, Colin MacIntyre wrote: > Hi, I am customizing the kernel of a programming language > (similar to Forth), bootstrapped in NASM. I am a beginning > programmer, so forgive me if I say anything too obvious. :) Unless you have some specific reasons to do this in assembly, I'd recommend doing it in C or C++ and linking to your assembly source code, and simply executing: call my_c_or_cpp_function It would greatly simplify everything you're trying to do, and the compiler will surely be "adequate enough" at optimization to suit...

ListPointPlot3D[] couldn't rotate the graph
Mathematica v7.0.0 ListPointPlot3D[{{20.517`, 9.017`, 1425}, {20.981`, 9.017`, 1440}, {20.88`, 9.017`, 1445}, {20.535`, 9.232`, 1360}, {20.705`, 9.232`, 1385}, {20.828`, 9.232`, 1400}, {20.057`, 9.25`, 1365}, {20.779`, 9.25`, 1410}, {20.706`, 9.25`, 1405}}] It first gives a good 3D plot. But thing goes bad when I try to rotate the graph. I can't see the graph anymore. Any insight? Thanks Lawrence Teo wrote: > Mathematica v7.0.0 > > ListPointPlot3D[{{20.517`, 9.017`, 1425}, {20.981`, 9.017`, > 1440}, {20.88`, 9.017`, 1445}, {20.535`...

Can't Find Headers on OSX
I'm still on 10.4 and I'm trying to build pyOpenSSL, but I'm failing with Python.h trying to include and failing to find any of the shared libraries. I can't figure this one out because i just don't compile anything non trivial often. ironfroggy:~/Desktop/pyOpenSSL-0.6 ironfroggy$ python setup.py build running build running build_py running build_ext building 'OpenSSL.crypto' extension gcc -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -I/sw/in...

Xcode can't find a header
I'm trying to use AppleHelp.h in a Cocoa project. I have added Carbon.framework to the project. When I say #import <Carbon/AppleHelp.h> or #import <Help/AppleHelp.h>, I get a "no such file" error. What am I missing? ...

can't see header file
I'm trying to compile using VisualStudio.NET. I have a project to which I've tried to add a class. I've added the class through the wizard (even though I wrote the code myself, the old-fashioned way :). I added the file to the project. The file uses another class already in the project, accessed supposedly through this other class's header file. I do this in exactly the same manner as yet another class, in yet another file does it, a file that *does* compile. It can't see the included class header. Even if I copy this compiling file and change the name of this copy fil...

Re: find a character in a header, store that header's address #2
My reason for wanting to do it in assembly is to avoid using C. :) Heh you missed an vital step between "used as a last resort" and "being a purist": the guy who wants to learn by seeing it put to practical use! ...

Re: find a character in a header, store that header's address #3
On Friday, April 1, 2011 12:52:52 AM UTC-5, Colin MacIntyre wrote: > My reason for wanting to do it in assembly is to avoid using C. :) Heh > you missed an vital step between "used as a last resort" and "being > a purist": the guy who wants to learn by seeing it put to practical > use! Well, I surely believe in that. Knowledge is important, provided it's used properly. With my 24+ years of assembly programming experience, I would still recommend doing something like this with C. :-) In fact, do it in C, and then have your C compiler generate assembly sou...

Using Bulk Insert to move an ASCII Comma Seperated File (first line has headers) into a blank FoxPro DBF (has matching column titles as the CSV file)
I'm trying to use ADO to move an ASCII CSV file into a DBF. Using Visual Basic 6.0 I use the following connection string: oCon.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" C:\MyDBFDirectory";" & _ "Extended Properties=""text;HDR=NO;FMT=Delimited""" This opens up fine - and I can SELECT using explicit field references from the CSV - However, I only wish to open the CSV and push it to a DBF that has matching headers - Now, I am starting with Jet.OLEDB and embedding th...

Couldn't find 'rspec' generator
Hello, I want to add RSpec as a rails plugin to a new rails project. I am using Windows Vista. I did: ruby script/plugin install git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec.git ruby script/plugin install git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails.git when I do 'ruby script/generate rspec' I get 'Couldn't find 'rspec' generator'. Please help. I am using ruby version 1.8.6 and rails version 2.3.4 thanks, Prasanna -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. ...

Web resources about - dvips: Couldn't find header file graphs/graphs.header - comp.text.tex