dvips: Couldn't find header file graphs/graphs.header

Hi,

I've used graphs.sty (by Frank Drewes) to include a few graphs in my
paper and (almost) all went well for plain LaTeX. However, now I'd like
to convert my dvi into a ps and I get the error message:
> ' TeX output 2007.12.20:0016' -> |lpr
> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header

There is a configuration file named graphs_config.tex in which it says:
> % The \special macro below must contain the path under which the file
> % graphs.header can be found in you local installation. Please modify it
> % accordingly.
>
> \special{header=graphs.header}

graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
Now I've moved it from
/usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
/usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/
but to no avail. I tried setting the full path in graphs_config.tex like
this:
> \special{header=/usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/graphs.header}
which didn't help. I've tried moving the header file into
> /usr/share/texmf/dvips/graphs/
and hoped dvips would have /usr/share/texmf/dvips/ in some variable
telling it where to look for headers. Alas, nothing worked.

Anyone know where to put ps headers and/or how to make their location
known to dvips?

Cheers,
Johannes

Software:
I'm using tetex from the Gentoo package app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r6.

Am Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:36:24 +0100 schrieb Tatome:

>> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header

> graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
> Now I've moved it from
> /usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
> /usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/

At my opinion this path should be fine. Did you update the filename
database? Where are other header files (they often have the
extension .pro)?

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
> graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
> Now I've moved it from
> /usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
> /usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/
I left it there; I suppose that's where it belongs. Then I did
cd /usr/share/texmf-site && ls -ls -LAR ./ >ls-R
and that solved the problem. Duh. Simple if you know it.
Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> At my opinion this path should be fine. Did you update the filename
> database?
That was the problem: I didn't :-)
Thanks, Ulrike.

Cheers,
Johannes

You Can FIND any thing u want
Hi This website can help you to find any links you want: http://www.lxlinks.cjb.net Enjoy ...

To find maximum value in a random curve
I have a random curve which is defined by a set of points (we dont know the equation of the curve). How can i find the maximum, minimum, & inflexion points on this curve. The curve can also be a closed curve. In article <flmusf$dcu$1@fred.mathworks.com>, rakesh sepuri <rakeshsepuri.nospam@mathworks.com> wrote: >I have a random curve which is defined by a set of points >(we dont know the equation of the curve). >How can i find the maximum, minimum, & inflexion points on >this curve. The data points that you do have: are they assumed to be accurate (to within fl...

how to save the data of a JTable to a html file?
how to save the data of a JTable to a html file? now, I am doing a Java Applet program, and I need to save the content of a JTable to html formatted file. if you hava some useful suggestions or you know some third-party components, please tell me! thanks a lot! ant wrote: > how to save the data of a JTable to a html file? > now, I am doing a Java Applet program, and I need to save the content > of a JTable to html formatted file. 1) An applet will need to be 'trusted' before it can do any such thing. 2) To be trusted, it will need to be signed and accepted as trusted by the...

Finding parent-child relationship within ID variable
Hi, I have a SAS data set A with 2 fields. Both are ID fields and all the digits in the ID are "numbers" and stored in $16 format. The data set A was originally created by using a join of a data set B with itself (B*B) and only those records which met certain conditions where only retained in the output. The original data set B had 80 million obs and right now the final output data set A has close to 90 Million observations. By doing the join operation Im trying to see as to which ID's are related to each other. (basically, the data B is customer level data which was house-hol...

Raw file Reader
Hello, I am having problem with cr2 raw Files from Canon. I would like to import the raw files directly into matlab without converting them to tif. I tried the "Raw camera file reader" but it crashes with cr2 files. As I know is the Raw camera file reader based upon the dcraw.exe program (from Dave Coffin)? With the original dcraw.exe program I am able to read and convert the cr2 files. Anybody having the same problem or a suggestion? Thanks in advance, Thomas ...

Find records by???
I have a database with records and within this I have a field based on the date the record was created. How can I perform a find to automatically shows records created within the range of date 1 and date 2 Ernie Use the find criteria for the date field in this format: date1...date2 That is how you specify a range of criteria. Matt ------- On 7/15/03 7:28 AM, in article VaUQa.10746$mS2.3279@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk, "Falcon" <a2egf@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a database with records and within this I have a field based on the > date the record was created...

Pointers in mex files (mxCalloc)
Hi all! I have tried to speed up my Matlab code (parfor was not enough to do that..) and now decided to try with mex-file. Turned out to be a bit challenging.. The code below gives 12 error messages, all "type error: pointer expected". But I feel like I have a pointer to all of my variables. So, is there something wrong with the way I'm using the mxCalloc-function, have I understood it completely wrong? Also in m-files I could use a statement such as: a=A(1:3), do I really need to use for loops in here (loops ii and jj in my code)? In my code, cop is a column vector, M is ...

convenient way to read text file multiple times without reopening it
Hi,I suppose that a convenient way to read text file is through FileReader.But FileReader does not support the reset().So, as a temporal remedy, I am opening the file twice:Reader fr = new FileReader("filename");......fr.close();......fr = new FileReader("filename");......Of course this is not a clean way. At least, the file could possibly beremoved or renamed by another program between the two calls to "newFileReader()". So I want to open the file once and then read it(sequentially) twice.I suppose Java provides a convenient way for doing it, but I'm unable t...

using proc export but skipping the header row
Hi All I am looking for a code snippet that can export a sas dataset using proc export but I wish to skip the header row (which contains all variable names). Can anyone help me out here ? Thanks in advance ! Vishal Jain ...

Where do I find Xlib.h in freebsd??
I have been trying to compile a program that uses Xlib.h. One of the source files has #include <X11/Xlib.h> I searched the system and found xlib.h is in /usr/local/include/X11. Despite this, the compiler says xlib.h no such file or directory. I tried changing the #include to the full path name - but it just leads to errors further down the line. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Why does the compiler not see xlib.h?? How can I fix this? neil <invalid@invalid.net> writes: > I have been trying to compile a program that uses Xlib.h. > > One of the source files ha...

Finding textual information about a device and device driver
How does one go about to find out what a particular device and/or device driver is meant to be doing ? For instance, I take a random device on my system SMA0. It is SYS$SMDRIVER.EXE Looking at the contents of the executable there isn't any description/hint of what it does. Would I have to buy the sources just to find this out ? Or is there some file I can search on the system disk that contains a brief description of each driver that is loaded ? Some drivers are obvious. But others are not. In article <45a4f213$0$28590$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamno...

dvips log?
I get the following message from dvips: kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+30/600 --dpi 630 pbbrc8r mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for pbbrc8r. kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log. dvips: Font pbbrc8r not found, using cmr10 instead. Is there any way I can find out _where_ in the document this is happening, for all I see is Bembo (pbb)? -- Patrik Nyman patrik dot nyman at orient dot su dot se Patrik Nyman schrieb: > > I get the following message from dvips: > > kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mf...

Folder shown as File open
Hello All, I have been having that "File is already open" problem. So far, I have always used Justin Fletcher's !Close program with success. In this case the problem is an empty folder, that I am trying to delete, !Voyager.Apps.Mail.!PostyUser.Mailboxes.Standard.Old !Close doesn't seem to be able to deal with it, for "Old" is not listed, since is is not a file. But it still triggers the "File is already open" problem when I try to delete it. Has anyone an idea how I can solve this problem ? I created the folder, in the first place, as temporary...

Tuning PPD file
Hi. I am trying to tune a PPD file used by an old app with a new printer. Everything is fine except that colors are not correct: with *DefaultColorSpace: RGB, I almost get the colors right, but no black is printed; with *DefaultColorSpace: CMYK, black is printed, but red, green and blue are too dark. What can I insert in my POD file to get the colors right? Thanks. Yves Yves-Alain.Nicollet@bull.net wrote: >Hi. >I am trying to tune a PPD file used by an old app with a new printer. >Everything is fine except that colors are not correct: >with *DefaultColorSpace: RGB, I almost get ...

Tool to find unused functions/classes
Hi! I have got a rather large project recently and found several functions that are never called. Now I would be interested in having a list of all classes/functions that are never invoked (I really dont care about reflections, I only use them with one class). Is there a tool, that can give me such information? thx, Christoph Hello, > I have got a rather large project recently and found several > functions that are never called. > > Now I would be interested in having a list of all > classes/functions that are never invoked (I really dont care > about reflections, ...

Using an outbox, inbox, or nickname file from an old set of Eudorra files
Using an outbox, inbox, or nickname file from an old set of Eudorra files. OR, copying an outbox from another copy of Eudora to my main Eudora. As I wrote elsewhere, I'm going back to a place I visisted 3 years ago, and I want to get a copy of my outbox from my laptop backup, now that the laptop harddrive has failed, and in order to read it, I thought about just clicking on out.mbx while my real Eudora was running. I figured I would close the current outbox, but I just wasn't sure what would happen, if maybe the old one would overpower the current one and do terrible thin...

writing sequences to a file
Hello, Suppose that in your work, you are working with sequences of s-dimensional points. The sequences have N such points. Both s and N can become very large (say about up to 1000 or 10000 for s, and up to 10 million for N). All numbers are real values between 0 and 1. I want to write these points to a file using as much precision as possible. The parameters s and N are only known at run-time, so most of the time you work with allocatable arrays for which the size depends on s and N. What would be the best format to write such a N x s sequence to a file so you can easily compare it with...

FILE statement
Hi, I use FILE statement in two macros to write a file REPORT. I want to have data appended, not refresh the REPORT file everytime calling any macro. The following program can only write the last observation. Here are my macros. filename logic "c:\logic.txt"; %macro if_and(seq1=, seq2=, resp1=, resp2=, _from=, _to=&_from, _value=, in_not=); %if &in_not=cant %then %let in_not=in; %else %let in_not=%str(not in); %do i=&_from %to &_to; data if_and; set final; if e&seq1 in (&resp1) and e&seq2 in (&resp2) and e&i ...

Finding a niche for Tcl
For years, there has been the debate concerning marketing of Tcl, Tcl's "dying" reputation, etc. It may be too late, but I was just reading an article about the One Laptop Per Child project, and was wondering whether anyone here had considered contacting the project and pointing out how well Tcl might fit into that domain. They are building extremely low cost hardware, a hardened Linux OS, and building software that can be used for education. It seems to me that having a really decent, multilingual dynamic language would be a really useful thing. On 16 Oct 2006 06:21:19 -0700...

nsf file security issue, file open accessible
Hello there, pls help, while my security team scan my lotus-domino server, they found : [HTTP/8080/TCP] Document /qstart.nsf/?Open accessible., i am very newbie to notes, could pls help this. thanks & regards, John On 2 Jun 2004 00:52:48 -0700, hojzheng@yahoo.com (John Ho) wrote: >Hello there, > >pls help, >while my security team scan my lotus-domino server, they found : >[HTTP/8080/TCP] Document /qstart.nsf/?Open accessible., >i am very newbie to notes, could pls help this. > >thanks & regards, >John If this is a problem (does htt...

how can i transfer files from my mac to my pc laptop?
I am using a pc laptop but do not have internet at home but i do have nics on both my pc laptop and my mac i also have usb and firewire on both i want to transfer work i made on my mac (i have the new os) to my laptop (windows 2000). please help -Duvalin@cox.net In article <18397710.0409260311.5fad399d@posting.google.com>, duvalin@cox.net (Duval) wrote: > I am using a pc laptop > but do not have internet at home > but i do have nics on both my pc laptop and my mac i also have usb and > firewire > on both > i want to transfer work i made on my mac (i...

Finding dependencies in stored procedures
Hi All DB2 8.1.3, Windows Is there any method to find the routines dependant on any particular routine. Say, I have a stored procedure PROC1 which calls 2 stored procedures and is called by 3 stored procedures. Is there any method to find the names or atleast packages of these stored procedures which are called by PROC1 and are calling PROC1? Is something there in SYSCAT.ROUTINEDEP or SYSCAT.PACKAGEDEP which can be manipulated for this? Regards Praveen Praveen_db2 wrote: > Hi All > DB2 8.1.3, Windows > > Is there any method to find the routines dependant ...

Multiple files with same filename on FAT
Hi, I'm planning to put the hard disk of my PVR (a Video DVD recorder with hard-disk) on an external tray to ease video file moving to my PC. Ideally, I would launch a small program to display the HD contents, select the sequences I'm interested, and it would then copy them to my PC's hard drive for advanced editing and burning. Then I would put the drive back into the PVR. For testing, I took the drive out, cloned it, and I'm currently analyzing its contents. It really looks promising : The drive is FAT based (Ghost said FAT 16, XP says FAT 32), video files are standard MPG...

problem with dvips #2
Hello, I use dvips to convert my dvi files to ps ones. As I use also dvitopdf, I have some macros that put some \specials{pdf:...} for dvitopdf. Unfortunately, dvips try to interpret every \special, even if they begin with "pdf:", and hence bugs when reading the pdf specials. Also, dvips seems to have no enter-string like \special{dvips:...} that helps others converters to differentiate dvips specials from other ones. Is there a mean to solve these problems? Michael. chedva.aleph@gmail.com writes: >I use dvips to convert my dvi files to ps ones. As I use also dvitopdf, >I ...

.sit and .zip files mangled over Internet
I am hoping some fellow shareware author can help me out. I need to upload a .sit or .zip archive of my application distribution disk image to my web site. Unfortunately when downloaded the archive in either format is mangled. (When I move it across my LAN, everything is fine, it's just uploading to the Internet, then downloading, that causes problems.) A .hqx version works fine, but I need the other version for one particular shareware site that for some reason won't accept .hqx. I am creating the archives with DropStuff 9.0.1 and expanding with the same version of S...