dvips: Couldn't find header file graphs/graphs.header

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I've used graphs.sty (by Frank Drewes) to include a few graphs in my
paper and (almost) all went well for plain LaTeX. However, now I'd like
to convert my dvi into a ps and I get the error message:
> ' TeX output 2007.12.20:0016' -> |lpr
> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header

There is a configuration file named graphs_config.tex in which it says:
> % The \special macro below must contain the path under which the file
> % graphs.header can be found in you local installation. Please modify it
> % accordingly.
>
> \special{header=graphs.header}

graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
Now I've moved it from
/usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
/usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/
but to no avail. I tried setting the full path in graphs_config.tex like
this:
> \special{header=/usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/graphs.header}
which didn't help. I've tried moving the header file into
> /usr/share/texmf/dvips/graphs/
and hoped dvips would have /usr/share/texmf/dvips/ in some variable
telling it where to look for headers. Alas, nothing worked.

Anyone know where to put ps headers and/or how to make their location
known to dvips?

Cheers,
Johannes

Software:
I'm using tetex from the Gentoo package app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r6.
0
Reply newsgroup1958 (12) 12/19/2007 11:36:24 PM

See related articles to this posting

Am Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:36:24 +0100 schrieb Tatome:

>> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header

> graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
> Now I've moved it from
> /usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
> /usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/

At my opinion this path should be fine. Did you update the filename
database? Where are other header files (they often have the
extension .pro)?

--
Ulrike Fischer
0

Solved it:
> graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
> Now I've moved it from
> /usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
> /usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/
I left it there; I suppose that's where it belongs. Then I did
cd /usr/share/texmf-site && ls -ls -LAR ./ >ls-R
and that solved the problem. Duh. Simple if you know it.
0
Reply newsgroup1958 (12) 12/20/2007 8:43:23 AM

Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> At my opinion this path should be fine. Did you update the filename
> database?
That was the problem: I didn't :-)
Thanks, Ulrike.

Cheers,
Johannes
0
Reply newsgroup1958 (12) 12/20/2007 5:20:23 PM
comp.text.tex 36798 articles. 71 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

dvips: Couldn't find header file graphs/graphs.header
Hi, I've used graphs.sty (by Frank Drewes) to include a few graphs in my paper and (almost) all went well for plain LaTeX. However, now I'd like to convert my dvi into a ps and I get the error message: > ' TeX output 2007.12.20:0016' -> |lpr > dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header There is a configuration file named graphs_config.tex in which it says: > % The \special macro below must contain the path under which the file > % graphs.header can be found in you local installation. Please modify it > % accordingly. > > \special{header=graph...

Header files included in header files
Hi all What does the group think of the practise of including one header file from inside another? I have some legacy code where this has been done, and it creates a dependency on a module (collection of files) which are not required, except for one header file's contents. I'd say 'No, header files should be included in the C source, not in another header', but I've always come across strong arguments for the latter. What do you think, and what is accepted practise? Thanks JS In article <cdl6fm$lmj$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se>, "John Smith" <...

Graph insert
Hello, I know how to make multiple plots in a figure, using subplot, but i do not know how to make graph inserts. This would something like a small plot in a bigger plot. Does anyone have any idea about how to do this ? Thanks ! On 3 Lis, 11:25, arnaud <arnolegen...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I know how to make multiple plots in a figure, using subplot, but i do > not know how to make graph inserts. > This would something like a small plot in a bigger plot. > > Does anyone have any idea about how to do this ? > > Thanks ! Wouldn'...

UNIX header files to Windows header files
Hi, I need to port some C code from UNIX SGI to Windows (MS VC++ compiler). The following header files arent available in windows: #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/socketvar.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <netdb.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get windows versions of these? Thanks! anand.ba@gmail.com wrote: > > I need to port some C code from UNIX SGI to Windows (MS VC++ compiler). &g...

What is better /standard for creating files. a cpp file with header or cpp and seperate file for header
Hello, after class, I checked the website and found that most class members had put the header inside of the cpp file. I usually create a seperate file for each. Which is better?? and if you put them in one file, the #endif goes at the end of the header part right?? Thanks for any responses. never mind, i just read a real good explanation of this in the c++ programming language. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:24:36 GMT, DrUg13 <livefast@dieyoung.com> wrote: >Hello, after class, I checked the website and found that most class >members had put the header inside of the cpp file. I...

Header files with "header.h" or <header.h> ??
I have a header only library containing various .h files. One of the header files, all.h, includes all the other header files. When I include all.h I therefore get all the other header files. all.h looks like this: #include <header1.h> #include <header2.h> #include <header3.h> #include <header4.h> When I include the all.h in my application: #include "all.h" I get an error that header1.h cannot be found. But if I change all.h to: #include "header1.h" #include "header2.h" #include "header3.h" #include "header4.h" ...

how to avoid using another header file inside a header file?
I have a library function like GetOptions( ..., struct net_arch_t netArch, ....) and put the declaration into a regular header file like getopt.h. But this function declaration also needs the declaration of struct net_arch_t which is located in another header file, e.g., nn.h. I saw somewhere that it should be avoided to include another header file inside one header file. So I am trying to use some other methods. One option is for each source file that needs the GetOption function, include both the getopt.h and nn.h and place nn.h ahead of the getopt.h. But isn't it awkard? Is there any b...

GRAPH Theory: finding arcs in a graph
I have to find all possible arcs in a graph. (An arc is the longest path consisting of edges whose vertices do not share more than two edges. i.e., it may be considered as a branch) Is there an algorithm/code for doing it. If there is any algorithm out there, I would appreciate if anyone could tell me its name. I have searched through web, but they have all sorts of algorithms except this one. Any precise keywords would also be helpful. Thanks Kay Please keep your messages regarding one post in a single thread: A desparate student, "GRAPH, finding ARCS" #, 19 May 2004 1:41 pm <...

Finding and Graphing Second Max on Graph
Hello all, I am a new MATLAB user and doing a FFT and Power Spectrum Analysis on some data. I know how to find and graph the maximum point, but cannot figure out how to do the same for the 2nd. Here is the code I am using in terms of (f,Py) index=find(Py==max(Py)); PrimaryPeriodStr=num2str(f(index)); plot(f(index),Py(index),'r.','MarkerSize',25); text(f(index)+.01,Py(index),['Period = ',PrimaryPeriodStr]); and also [Pymx,loc] = max(Py) fmx = f(loc) How do I go about plotting the 2nd maximum on the same graph? and find the x and y values as well? Thanks...

Where can I find FWHM in Header file of Image file?
Hi Guys: I am trying to find the FWHM values in the Header file of MASTER image. I clicked Edit ENVI Header and after selecting the desired image clicked O.K. In Edit Attributes I selected FWHM. After selecting the first band, I receive 0.000 values. Where can I find FWHM values to enter manually or import it as an ASCII file. Best Regards, Arshad If you open the calibration header file (has a *.ph extension) in a text editor like Word Pad, you'll see several columns of data for each band. One of them is FHWM. On Nov 28, 3:18 pm, Marsh...@gmu.edu wrote: > Hi Guys: > > I am...

dvips and header files
I have a two-page document which includes postscript graphics. I am successfully able to produce the graphics on all pages. There are some items which I want placed differently in the graphics depending upon whether they are on even or odd pages (on the right side on the right- side page, on the left side on the left-side page). I define their position inside the postscript document with a variable "/moo". Thus I should be able to define the value of "/moo" by using a header file like this: \special{header={Weeks/moo.ps} pre={/moo 443 def } I would expect that I could put...

cannot find header-files
I am working here on Solaris and i have ruby-installation. One installation is local, self-compiled and with that version everything is working fine. I also have a system-installation and with that ruby-version i cannot find header files. For example installing the gem sqlite3-ruby [code]gem install sqlite3-ruby -- --with-sqlite3-include=/home/xyz/[/code] (sqlite3.h is in home folder) and thats working. Same command with the system ruby, i get that it cannot find the sqlite3.h error. According to the admin, the dev-files for ruby are installed (maybe wrong?). thanks skully...

Problem with dvips "couldn't find header file 8r.enc" when using times or txfonts
I recently updated my MikTex installation using the tool they provide, and I believe that as a result something in dvips has broken. Up until this point, I have been using txfonts without difficulty. The stage to dvi still works, but when I attempt to use dvips I get the message couldn't find header file 8r.enc and dvips produces no output. This only happens when I use \usepackage{times} or \usepackage{txfonts}. Omitting these (i.e. using the default Compute Modern) results in perfectly successful PS output. I have looked and see that I have the files 8r.enc in \texmf\fonts\enc\dvip...

wxMac: file open menu goes under app name menu header rather than under file menu header
------_=_NextPart_001_01C765AE.A73E8D85 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, =20 After I separated wxApp derived object codes into a separate .cpp file from wxFrame object's coding .cpp file, menu item "Open\tAlt-O" moves from under Menu header "File" to under the app name menu header, but other menu items like "Close \tAlt-C" are not moved. =20 How can I avoid the menu item "Open\tAlt-O" to be moved ? =20 (Before and after the separation of wxApp deriv...

GRAPH Theory: finding arcs in a graph #2
I have to find all possible arcs in a graph. (An arc is the longest path consisting of edges whose vertices do not share more than two edges. i.e., it may be considered as a branch) Is there an algorithm/code for doing it. If there is any algorithm out there, I would appreciate if anyone could tell me its name. I have searched through web, but they have all sorts of algorithms except this one. Any precise keywords would also be helpful. Thanks Kay I think an algorithm based on depth first search may solve your problem. Start from a vertex with three neighbors and traverse all vertices unt...

Copy of Header.vim (and other Header vim files)
Fellow Vimmers, I would appreciate if someone would email me a copy of Header.vim from zellner (his website is down). * Smooth Criminal <UIC_Stud@yahoo.com>: > I would appreciate if someone would email me a copy > of Header.vim from zellner (his website is down). so - have you though about sending Johannes an email about it? and while you are at it you could probably ask him for a copy of Header.vim, too?! Johannes at zellner dot org Sven ...

Auto-generating C header file from C++ header?
I am having to provide a C interface to (quite a few) C++ classes. Is there a way that I can automate this process? example : class X { public: X(); void f(); }; will produce this C header : // C interface #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif // Type-safe, opaque pointer. typedef struct C_X_* X_Handle; X_Handle CreateX(); void DestroyX(X_Handle x); void X_f(X_Handle x); #ifdef __cplusplus } #endif I can then (manually) implement this: // C++ implementation X_Handle CreateX() { return reinterpret_cast<X_Handle>(new X); } void DestroyX(X_Handle x) {...

How do you find the header file you need?
I tried building libpcap and tcpdump from my Red Hat 7 RPMs. The tcpdump make couldn't find ioccom.h and sockio.h. When a header file is missing, how do you find it? Thanks. j_r_holder@yahoo.com (Jim Holder) writes: > I tried building libpcap and tcpdump from my Red Hat 7 RPMs. The > tcpdump make couldn't find ioccom.h and sockio.h. > > When a header file is missing, how do you find it? Your question is outside the domain of comp.lang.c, which discusses only the standard C programming language, including the standard C library. This is a remarkably narrow topic com...

HTTP headers and header()
Hello, I run a website which allows users to create profiles for themselves, i.e. example.com/user. Recently I've had a request for custom domains, i.e. where vanity.user.com would take a browser to example.com/user. Using my own domain, I changed vanity.user.com so it resolves to the IP address of my webserver. Since I run apache, I created a RewriteRule so if the HOST header matched vanity.user.com it would redirect permanently to example.com/user. Upon redirection however, the location bar in my browser updates to example.com/user. Does anyone know if there is a way to: 1. ...

combining graphs from GD::Graph in one image file
Does anybody know how I can get more than one graph on a single image file generated by the GD:Graph module? I need to generate a lot of histograms which cannot be combined into a single chart but all of these charts should be combined into one big image file (doesn't need to be pretty). I need to make a lot of these so combining the images by hand would not be ideal - is there a way to do this in GD:Graph? Thanks a lot! tospo schreef: > Does anybody know how I can get more than one graph on a single image > file generated by the GD:Graph module? Is that a real question? I don&...

plotting to graphs on the same graph
dB = 20*log10(Y); *****plot(range, 20*log10(Y))***** [maxY,maxIndex] = max(Y); legend(['Max occurs at ' num2str(range(maxIndex))]) xlabel('range'); ylabel('dB') span = 1000; window = ones(1,span)/span; smooth = convn(dB, window); legend('Data','Smoothed Data'); *****plot(range, smooth)***** HI - Can someone please tell me how i can plot plot(range, 20*log10(Y)) and smooth = convn(dB, window); on the same graph. i have tried *****plot(range, smooth)***** but it dont work. n e ideas please. Thanks. On Jul 27, 10:11=A0am, vishan <vishan....

object files, header files, source files?
I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is linking?, why does a source file need an object file? etc. I have looked in The C programming Language, The C++ Programming Language, Accelerated C++, GNU make etc but they don't describe these basic subject. Any literature that covers these subjects? saneman wrote: > I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is > an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is > linking?, why does a s...

find a character in a header, store that header's address
Hi, I am customizing the kernel of a programming language (similar to Forth= ), bootstrapped in NASM. I am a beginning programmer, so forgive me if I sa= y anything too obvious. :) In this language, as definitions (subroutines) are defined, they are placed= in a dictionary, implemented as a LIFO linked list called 'last'. Now what= I would like to do is implement local definitions, such that every definit= ion prefixed with a backtick `has its header removed from the dictionary af= ter compilation in order to 'hide' from future use. First, it defines some macros to save a l...

How to find file size from pe32 header
This may not be the right forum (pls. point me if not) Is it possible to find the size of a pe32 file just from the header information? This question is pertinent when the file is not on the disk but rather embedded in a network flow, and I want to know where it begins and where it ends. Thanks. "be.geek" <spamtrap@crayne.org> wrote: > This may not be the right forum (pls. point me if not) > > Is it possible to find the size of a pe32 file just from the header > information? > > This question is pertinent when the file is not on the disk but rather > ...

finding a header file tiffio.h
i am find ah header file named tiffio.h.kindly if some one can guide from where i can download it. thanks! ...