dvips: Couldn't find header file graphs/graphs.header

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I've used graphs.sty (by Frank Drewes) to include a few graphs in my
paper and (almost) all went well for plain LaTeX. However, now I'd like
to convert my dvi into a ps and I get the error message:
> ' TeX output 2007.12.20:0016' -> |lpr
> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header

There is a configuration file named graphs_config.tex in which it says:
> % The \special macro below must contain the path under which the file
> % graphs.header can be found in you local installation. Please modify it
> % accordingly.
>
> \special{header=graphs.header}

graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
Now I've moved it from
/usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
/usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/
but to no avail. I tried setting the full path in graphs_config.tex like
this:
> \special{header=/usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/graphs.header}
which didn't help. I've tried moving the header file into
> /usr/share/texmf/dvips/graphs/
and hoped dvips would have /usr/share/texmf/dvips/ in some variable
telling it where to look for headers. Alas, nothing worked.

Anyone know where to put ps headers and/or how to make their location
known to dvips?

Cheers,
Johannes

Software:
I'm using tetex from the Gentoo package app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r6.
0
Reply newsgroup1958 (12) 12/19/2007 11:36:24 PM

See related articles to this posting

Am Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:36:24 +0100 schrieb Tatome:

>> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header

> graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
> Now I've moved it from
> /usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
> /usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/

At my opinion this path should be fine. Did you update the filename
database? Where are other header files (they often have the
extension .pro)?

--
Ulrike Fischer
0

Solved it:
> graphs.header originally was in the same directory as the config file.
> Now I've moved it from
> /usr/share/texmf-site/tex/latex/graphs/
> /usr/share/texmf-site/dvips/graphs/
I left it there; I suppose that's where it belongs. Then I did
cd /usr/share/texmf-site && ls -ls -LAR ./ >ls-R
and that solved the problem. Duh. Simple if you know it.
0
Reply newsgroup1958 (12) 12/20/2007 8:43:23 AM

Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> At my opinion this path should be fine. Did you update the filename
> database?
That was the problem: I didn't :-)
Thanks, Ulrike.

Cheers,
Johannes
0
Reply newsgroup1958 (12) 12/20/2007 5:20:23 PM
comp.text.tex 36436 articles. 68 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

dvips: Couldn't find header file graphs/graphs.header
Hi, I've used graphs.sty (by Frank Drewes) to include a few graphs in my paper and (almost) all went well for plain LaTeX. However, now I'd like to convert my dvi into a ps and I get the error message: > ' TeX output 2007.12.20:0016' -> |lpr > dvips: ! Couldn't find header file graphs.header There is a configuration file named graphs_config.tex in which it says: > % The \special macro below must contain the path under which the file > % graphs.header can be found in you local installation. Please modify it > % accordingly. > > \special{header=graph...

Problem with dvips "couldn't find header file 8r.enc" when using times or txfonts
I recently updated my MikTex installation using the tool they provide, and I believe that as a result something in dvips has broken. Up until this point, I have been using txfonts without difficulty. The stage to dvi still works, but when I attempt to use dvips I get the message couldn't find header file 8r.enc and dvips produces no output. This only happens when I use \usepackage{times} or \usepackage{txfonts}. Omitting these (i.e. using the default Compute Modern) results in perfectly successful PS output. I have looked and see that I have the files 8r.enc in \texmf\fonts\enc\dvip...

Where can I find FWHM in Header file of Image file?
Hi Guys: I am trying to find the FWHM values in the Header file of MASTER image. I clicked Edit ENVI Header and after selecting the desired image clicked O.K. In Edit Attributes I selected FWHM. After selecting the first band, I receive 0.000 values. Where can I find FWHM values to enter manually or import it as an ASCII file. Best Regards, Arshad If you open the calibration header file (has a *.ph extension) in a text editor like Word Pad, you'll see several columns of data for each band. One of them is FHWM. On Nov 28, 3:18 pm, Marsh...@gmu.edu wrote: > Hi Guys: > > I am...

dvips and header files
I have a two-page document which includes postscript graphics. I am successfully able to produce the graphics on all pages. There are some items which I want placed differently in the graphics depending upon whether they are on even or odd pages (on the right side on the right- side page, on the left side on the left-side page). I define their position inside the postscript document with a variable "/moo". Thus I should be able to define the value of "/moo" by using a header file like this: \special{header={Weeks/moo.ps} pre={/moo 443 def } I would expect that I could put...

cannot find header-files
I am working here on Solaris and i have ruby-installation. One installation is local, self-compiled and with that version everything is working fine. I also have a system-installation and with that ruby-version i cannot find header files. For example installing the gem sqlite3-ruby [code]gem install sqlite3-ruby -- --with-sqlite3-include=/home/xyz/[/code] (sqlite3.h is in home folder) and thats working. Same command with the system ruby, i get that it cannot find the sqlite3.h error. According to the admin, the dev-files for ruby are installed (maybe wrong?). thanks skully...

How do you find the header file you need?
I tried building libpcap and tcpdump from my Red Hat 7 RPMs. The tcpdump make couldn't find ioccom.h and sockio.h. When a header file is missing, how do you find it? Thanks. j_r_holder@yahoo.com (Jim Holder) writes: > I tried building libpcap and tcpdump from my Red Hat 7 RPMs. The > tcpdump make couldn't find ioccom.h and sockio.h. > > When a header file is missing, how do you find it? Your question is outside the domain of comp.lang.c, which discusses only the standard C programming language, including the standard C library. This is a remarkably narrow topic com...

How to find file size from pe32 header
This may not be the right forum (pls. point me if not) Is it possible to find the size of a pe32 file just from the header information? This question is pertinent when the file is not on the disk but rather embedded in a network flow, and I want to know where it begins and where it ends. Thanks. "be.geek" <spamtrap@crayne.org> wrote: > This may not be the right forum (pls. point me if not) > > Is it possible to find the size of a pe32 file just from the header > information? > > This question is pertinent when the file is not on the disk but rather > ...

finding a header file tiffio.h
i am find ah header file named tiffio.h.kindly if some one can guide from where i can download it. thanks! ...

where can i find header files for fc3?
i used the redhat tool to update FC3 to the latest kernel which broke my cisco vpn client. i need to recompile it and cant find the kernel header RPM for 2.6.10-1.766 apt-get and synaptic are completely broken too. yum is still working but whenever i try to install any apt components, im told newer versions are already installed. am i best off just completely removing all apt rpms and reinstalling? Rob wrote: > i used the redhat tool to update FC3 to the latest kernel which broke > my > cisco vpn client. i need to recompile it and cant find the > kernel hea...

How to find the X Window header files?
How to get compiler step using Gnu C compiler to find the X Window header files? I am trying to compile some older Unix code that uses X Windows (X11R6). I installed the X11 files using the optional install on my system CD for Mac OS X 10.4 (Mac Book Pro). The compile/link is done using a make file and the Gnu C compiler in a Terminal. But including X Windows headers doesn't work. First they're not in the usual Unix place (/usr/X11R6/), but in the Developer folder under the root directory. If I use that pathname, I still can't load other X Windows headers that a...

cannot find matlab.hpp header file
hello this is nischal reddy. i'm converting the matlab code to vc++. for this purpose i need matlab.hpp header file to include in vc++. so from where can i get matlab.hpp header file. i have been trying for 1 week onwards. plz kindly help me in this regard. thanks in advance ...

cant find header file ruby.h
hi I am trying to install passenger gem. But it is throwing the error.the error is attached in screen shot. I am using rails 2.3.10 ruby 1.8.7 enterprise edition plz gimme solution for this... Its very urgent for me.. Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6007/rubyerror1.JPG -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 8:31 AM, pradeep koppaka <bulls66@gmail.com> wrote: > hi I am trying to install passenger gem. But it is throwing the > error.the error is attached in screen shot. > I am using > rails 2.3.10 > ruby 1.8.7 enterprise edi...

Mex File: Can not find some C header.
Hi, I am trying to compile some mex file written in C. But, it can not find some header in C. >> mex mex_tsnnls.c mex_tsnnls.c mex_tsnnls.c(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'config.h': No such file or directory C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2009A\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Compile of 'mex_tsnnls.c' failed. When I searcher, that file is located at C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2009a\sys\perl\win32\lib\CORE I did add this to matlab search path, but still the same error. "Dushyant Kumar" <duk@med.cornell.edu> wrote in message <idbbo0$q...

Find and replace text in header of binary file
I have been trying to find a way to locate specific sections in the header of a file which contains multi-frame medical image data but is wrapped in an XML header and replace this with some different XML. MY problem is that when I run the example below it just chugs away for ever and nothing happens. I chose to use the common dialog to allow the doctor to select the files easily to convert. If the problem is with the size of the file and the content after the XML header, maybe there is a way to limit the search to just the header. I'm not an expert in VB6 - I mostly work with Flash but ...

how to find ruby header file without platform dependency.
Hello everyone. Now I am wondering to have a way to find a location of the ruby header = file in various platforms whenever I try to configure to compile my = sources. in case of python, it provide the 'python-config' executable file to = find a location of python.h. how about ruby? Is there any possible way to get a location(path) of it. thanks for all.= On Thursday 12 November 2009, Jun Young Kim wrote: > |Hello everyone. > | > |Now I am wondering to have a way to find a location of the ruby header > | file in various platforms whenever I try to configure to compil...

Can't find header files for Ruby
Hi, I am trying to install the libneural library onto my Linux desktop (Mandrake 9.1). I get the error "can't find header files for ruby" [ot@localhost ruby-libneural]$ ruby install.rb config install.rb: entering config phase... ---> lib <--- lib ---> ext ---> ext/LibNeural /usr/bin/ruby /home/ot/ruby-libneural/ext/LibNeural/extconf.rb can't find header files for ruby. config failed 'system /usr/bin/ruby /home/ot/ruby-libneural/ext/LibNeural/extconf.rb ' failed try 'ruby install.rb --help' for usage My env looks like this: LC_PAPER=en_AU LESSKE...

can't find files in pg_clog and invalid page headers
I am running postgres 7.4Beta1 and have found a problem, I'm not sure if its a bug or something I did wrong. I ran ANALYZE on a large table while the database was receiving data, after running it on just my large table I decided to run it on my entire database. When I issued the database wide analyze I got an error: data=# analyze; ERROR: could not access status of transaction 739760128 DETAIL: open of file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/02C1" failed: No such file or directory There is only one file in pg_clog its called 0000. I ran it again and got: dat...

how can I find the exact header file including a struct variable? eg. DIR?
hi all, I'm wondering how to locate the C header file where defines some struct variable,macro and function. In the MSDN, we can easily solve it by using INDEX search; but how we can do it in the Linux environment? I had tried man [1-8]DIR; but I found no result:) thanks in advance! hankssong wrote: > hi all, I'm wondering how to locate the C header file where > defines some struct variable,macro and function. > In the MSDN, we can easily solve it by using INDEX search; > but how we can do it in the Linux environment? > I had tried man [1-8]DIR; but I found no result:)...

"Couldn't find header file arial.ttf", how to solve this problem?
I am writing my thesis with Latex. The files compile smoothly in the step latex thesis however, in the following step dvipdf thesis It does not work and reports an error as follows: "Couldn't find header file arial.ttf" How to solve this problem? Thanks a lot! I guess this is because that arial.ttf has not been installed in my system. Then I searched synaptic and found this package: "Installer for Microsoft TrueType core fonts" I installed and now I have an arial.ttf in computer, located in: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/arial.ttf But I don't ...

require "mkmf" ---> can't find header files for ruby?
I am reposting my request, in case it was not seen, buried in another post: the first line of extconf.rb is require "mkmf", which is also the first line in programming ruby, ed 2 page 277. If I just run that line, I get the same error message, ruby require "mkmf" can't find header files for ruby. I am using the ruby that comes with Tiger. I did not find a ruby.h file, only an OSX-ruby.h which came in the rubycocoa installation. ...

Header files included in header files
Hi all What does the group think of the practise of including one header file from inside another? I have some legacy code where this has been done, and it creates a dependency on a module (collection of files) which are not required, except for one header file's contents. I'd say 'No, header files should be included in the C source, not in another header', but I've always come across strong arguments for the latter. What do you think, and what is accepted practise? Thanks JS In article <cdl6fm$lmj$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se>, "John Smith" <...

UNIX header files to Windows header files
Hi, I need to port some C code from UNIX SGI to Windows (MS VC++ compiler). The following header files arent available in windows: #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/socketvar.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <netdb.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get windows versions of these? Thanks! anand.ba@gmail.com wrote: > > I need to port some C code from UNIX SGI to Windows (MS VC++ compiler). &g...

What is better /standard for creating files. a cpp file with header or cpp and seperate file for header
Hello, after class, I checked the website and found that most class members had put the header inside of the cpp file. I usually create a seperate file for each. Which is better?? and if you put them in one file, the #endif goes at the end of the header part right?? Thanks for any responses. never mind, i just read a real good explanation of this in the c++ programming language. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:24:36 GMT, DrUg13 <livefast@dieyoung.com> wrote: >Hello, after class, I checked the website and found that most class >members had put the header inside of the cpp file. I...

Header files with "header.h" or <header.h> ??
I have a header only library containing various .h files. One of the header files, all.h, includes all the other header files. When I include all.h I therefore get all the other header files. all.h looks like this: #include <header1.h> #include <header2.h> #include <header3.h> #include <header4.h> When I include the all.h in my application: #include "all.h" I get an error that header1.h cannot be found. But if I change all.h to: #include "header1.h" #include "header2.h" #include "header3.h" #include "header4.h" ...

how to avoid using another header file inside a header file?
I have a library function like GetOptions( ..., struct net_arch_t netArch, ....) and put the declaration into a regular header file like getopt.h. But this function declaration also needs the declaration of struct net_arch_t which is located in another header file, e.g., nn.h. I saw somewhere that it should be avoided to include another header file inside one header file. So I am trying to use some other methods. One option is for each source file that needs the GetOption function, include both the getopt.h and nn.h and place nn.h ahead of the getopt.h. But isn't it awkard? Is there any b...