Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document

Hi,

I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it
is possible - ???)
how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on
the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize.

While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size
"normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size
"footnotesize"

Many work arounds were tried with the following commands,
\floatingfigure
\includegraphics
\epsfig
\minipage

the web was searched and some books consulted with out success

Best Regards

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:30:49 +0100, Lathe_Biosas
<lathe_biosas@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it
> is possible - ???)
> how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on
> the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize.
>
> While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size
> "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size
> "footnotesize"
>
> Many work arounds were tried with the following commands,
> \floatingfigure
> \includegraphics
> \epsfig
> \minipage
>
> the web was searched and some books consulted with out success

I think you will find the caption package a great relief then. Be sure to
grab the latest version from CTAN, see
<http://www.ctan.org/info?id=caption>.
--
Morten
Perfect! Thank you very much

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Adjusting font-size for system font-size
In Windows XP, there's an accessability wizard that allows the user to change the font size for readability. There's probably something similar in other operating systems. I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet. I don't know how to approach this, though, and I'm sure it involves more than CSS. Is it possible to detect this setting? Ian -- http://www.bookstacks.org/ On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote: >I think it would be a nice th...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

font size relative to "top level" font size

how to set font size text within figure?
Dear Sirs, I had this peace of tex code in my text. My tex text as a whole has 10pt size. However, I would like to set just this piece below as 9pt font size. I already tried in vain \begin{small}, but it did not make any effect. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance! Regards, Leo \begin{figure}[htb] \[ \begin{array}{llll} \multicolumn{4}{l} ${\mbox{Level-$(h)$ }} \\[2mm] & & A_{h} \rightarrow B_{h-1}: & \{\mbox{\textsf{mngt}} \mid n_A \mid m\} \\ & & \ldots \\ & & A_{h} \rightarrow D_{h-1}: & \{\mbox{\textsf{mngt}} \mid n_A \mid m\} \en...

How do I change the font size in a caption for many Figures?
Hello, I am trying to change the font size in a caption for a large number of Figures. Is there a way I can set the default font size for all the Figures in my document? gnperdue@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, I am trying to change the font size in a caption for a large > number of Figures. Is there a way I can set the default font size for > all the Figures in my document? Sure - use the caption package. For example, try \usepackage[margin=20pt,font=small,labelfont=bf]{caption} Makes the font smaller, makes the caption number/label bold, and moves the margins in at each end (which ...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. ...

Font and font size on iPad
Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with different fonts and generally larger? On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the iPad and iPhone can not find it. Thanks anyway DrZap -- #4. La vita e' una tempesta, ma prenderla nel culo e' un lampo. (Beppe Gril= lo) http://www.drzap.it & http://www.facebook.com/people/Franco-DrZap/100002204= 128949 Oltre 75.200 battute e barzellette Dr Zap (e-mail : v. sul sito) --- Questa e-mail =C3=A8 stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast anti= virus. http:/...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

Font size and plot size.
Using version 7.1, I have a plot that I make and it looks fine. I put a title on the plot it looks fine. The boss wants the font of the title and x and y labels bigger, so I set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize',24); set(0,'DefaultAxisFontSize',24); as the first 2 lines of my m file. Now the plot looks like hell because the title is clipped. Why isn't matlab 'smart enough' to figure out that it needs to make the plot smaller? What do I need to do to not have the title clipped? (new boss and/or smaller font size are not viable options :-) Bruce -- +-------------...

Matlab-graph text font size and enlarging window size automatically
Hi, I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y and title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that makes sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? i.e if num isnt integer num = 1 end Thanks in advance Dan Hi, in edit, file object properties you can change the size and the font of every label and title. For the other question, I don't know John Daniel Jones wrote: > > > Hi, > > I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y > and > title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the > window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or > reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? > > Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that > makes > sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? > > i.e > > if num isnt integer > num = 1 > end > > Thanks in advance > > Dan Thanks John, That works for the current figure but I want the same font size to be used everytime the script file produces the plots. When a new figure is created the font sizes etc all change back. Any ideas? Cheers Dan John wrote: > > > Hi, > > in edit, file object properties you can change the s...

font-size starting size
Hello, I just joined this group and saw the discussion "What do you think of resizing 1em to 10px?" I am somewhat confused by what y'all think should be used as a reference size. I was surprised that someone actually suggested ems as a reference. Ems are relative to a selected point size, the width in points of a capital M. If no point size is given, what size does an em become? The browser obviously must decide. Also setting the body text to 62.5% is, well, stupid. % of what? I should *assume* 16 pixels? Bad thinking. And not my experience with browsers. ...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Font size in text Field and text Area
I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? Mark On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:42:15 GMT, "Mark and Ingrid Nugent" <nugget@in.com.au> wrote or quoted : >I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and >text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html You can setFont individually, or change the LAF. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://m...

Font size in figure
Hi all, I am plotting data on a figure and want the font size of the x_label and y_label small. How to change it from MATLAB codes? Thanks A.E lover wrote: > > > Hi all, > > I am plotting data on a figure and want the font size of the > x_label and y_label small. How to change it from MATLAB codes? xlabel('My label', FontSize,12); % same for ylabel Yair Altman ...

Font size in caption
Dear Group, How to change the size of the font in the caption so that the automatically inserted "Figure n" also changes size? \tiny for instance will not work as it will only affect the text of the caption itself, not its "Figure" label. Cheers, F. F.P. Laussy wrote: > Dear Group, > > How to change the size of the font in the caption so that the > automatically inserted "Figure n" also changes size? \tiny for instance > will not work as it will only affect the text of the caption itself, not > its "Figure" label. If you are usin...

Text font size
Hi all, I've got a piece of code that I would like to be able to run on both Windows and Linux (FC2). It basically all seems compatible, except for some major differences in font sizes. Initially I wrote the code in Windows with R13 and got it all looking good. Now I'm trying to run it in R14 on Linux, but the font sizes are all wrong. Here's a snippet of the code; figure('Position',[50 50 300 150]); axis([0 250 0 100]); set(gca,'Position',[0 0 1 1]); text(0,50,'Test','FontSize',60); On Windows, the text almost filled the figure window. On L...

Fonts Available and Font Sizes In Wine
I have found the part of the config file for selecting the fonts and specifying the font size. I don't like the default font (very hard for me to read) and would like to change it. But I don't know what else is available and how to specify it in the config file. Any suggestions or pointers? Also, the size is on the small side. I have changed the resolution statement in the config file to 130 but it does not seem to make any difference. Again any suggestions or pointers? Thank you. treetoptoo wrote: > I have found the part of the config file for selecting the font...

Change font and font size in .vimrc ?
Hi all, How to change font and font size in .vimrc ? Thanks! Davy In article <1155195867.503512.252150@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>, "Davy" <zhushenli@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > How to change font and font size in .vimrc ? > > Thanks! > Davy :help guifont :set guifont=* :set guifont=a\ font\ name\ 14 Bob Harris ...

How to display a font name and font sizes
Hi folks, I'd like to print name font (and any sizes) in colophon. We've tried for instance \the\font and \the\familydefault and \f@family and many others but its output is weird number (ie "Arial(0)", SIL(0)". Here is our example: \documentclass[showtrims,a4paper,13pt]{memoir} \usepackage[brazilian]{babel} \usepackage{microtype} % XeLaTeX \usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode} \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text} \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Arial} \setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text]{Charis SIL} \setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Charis SIL} \begin{document} \the\font \familydefault \makeatletter \f@encoding \f@family \f@series \f@shape \f@size \f@baselineskip \makeatother \end{document} Thanks for any help, Jorge Sallum Am Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:34:30 -0700 (PDT) schrieb jorge sallum: > Hi folks, > > I'd like to print name font (and any sizes) in colophon. We've tried > for instance \the\font and \the\familydefault and \f@family and many > others but its output is weird number (ie "Arial(0)", SIL(0)". Here is > our example: You can get the primitive name with \fontname. But I don't think that the short names (Charis SIL) are stored somewhere \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fontspec} \setmainfont{Arial} \setsansfont{Charis SIL} \begin{document} \fontname\font \sffamily \fontname\font \end{document} -- Ulrike Fischer jorge sallum <jorge@hedra.com.br> ...

longtable: size of font for caption and location of caption problem
Q1. I have a huge (very long and wide) table and would like to use \emph{scriptsize font} for all entries in the table but for all captions (I mean for the``first'' top caption above the firsthead and for the top captions above the ``next'' heads) \emph{normalsize font}. The result of the following ---- {\scriptsize \begin{longtable}{|p{7ex} |l |l |l |l |l |l |l |} \caption{\normalsize Minimum cost dynamic generalized arc parameters: part II.}\\ \hline .... \hline \endfirsthead \caption{\normalsize Minimum cost dynamic generalized arc parameters: part II. (continued) } \...

Urgent problem with font sizes in latex: signature page fonts, chapter page chapter name font
Hi there, I am a newbie using Latex for writing my thesis. I have no clue how to change the .sty or .cls files as I am using others templates, (.sty files) directly on Winedt and editing them with my text. I use a document class: report.The chapter font size in the beginning page of each chapter has a large font size. Is there a way I can reduce this font size to12? Also in the table of contents page the dots dont extend to the page numbers for the chapters and main headings. Only subsections etc., have dots extending to page numbers. Any help on this? The Signature page shows up font sizes...

Using different font types in the figure caption and table caption
I want to set different font types for the figure caption and table caption respectively. I use the following command to set font type for the figure caption: \renewcommand{\captionfont}{\small\itshape} But when I use this command, the table caption font and figure caption font are changed at the same time. How to set different font types for the figure caption and table caption respectively? Thanks a lot!! <henryjoye@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to set different font types for the figure caption and table > caption respectively. I use the following command to set font typ...

Web resources about - Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document - comp.text.tex

Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Captions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... conventions (capitalization) . For the style guideline on capitalization generally, see Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Capital letters . A caption ...

Instagram Adds People Tab to Explore Menu, Allows Users to Edit Captions
Instagram released two new features for its iOS and Android applications: Users can now edit their captions , and a people tab was added to the ...

BBC World News - Captions Welcome: Obama meets the Pope - Facebook
Pope Francis (R) and US President Barack Obama shake hands after exchanging gifts during a private audience on March 27, 2014 at the Vatican. ...

InstaPhotoFX - Photo Effects & Picture Caption for Instagram on the App Store on iTunes
Get InstaPhotoFX - Photo Effects & Picture Caption for Instagram on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Caption Contest Finalists: The Force Is Strong With This SCOTUS Justice
Ruth Vader Ginsburg finds your lack of contraceptive coverage for women disturbing.

Riffsy’s keyboard app now lets you add captions to GIFs
... still isnt enough for you, then you can now go ahead and add a few more words to your GIF with the newly updated GIF Keyboard by Riffsy . Caption ...

Caption This: Demi Lovato And Hillary Clinton
Whoa. I never noticed the resemblance before. But I’ll bet Bill did!

RI police take heat for mugshot caption 'Stupid is as stupid does'
RI police take heat for mugshot caption 'Stupid is as stupid does'

Facebook Releases New Video Ad Features, Including Automated Captions
Plus more research and tips on making the most of video campaigns on Facebook where most visitors are on watching on smartphones. Please visit ...

OTB Caption Contest Winners
The Pressing The Flesh Edition OTB Caption Contest TM is now over. (AP Photo/Steven Senne) ✰ THE WINNERS ✰ First: Franklin – Dammit, why isn’t ...