File `beamer.cls' not found.

Hi, everyone!

Well, I am really new in the Latex World, but have already used the
Beamer class without problems. However, since I decided to use TeX
Live I have had problems! I cannot use Beamer anymore, because the
following error message shows up:

! LaTeX Error: File `beamer.cls' not found.

Please, what can I do to solve this problem? I use Windows XP. Thank
you very much.

On 01-03-2010 21:08, Felipe Abr�o wrote:

> Well, I am really new in the Latex World, but have already used the
> Beamer class without problems. However, since I decided to use TeX
> Live I have had problems! I cannot use Beamer anymore, because the
> following error message shows up:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `beamer.cls' not found.
>
> Please, what can I do to solve this problem? I use Windows XP. Thank
> you very much.

Well, it seems that when you installed TeX Live you did not install the
Beamer package. So, all you have to do is to install it. If you don't
know or are unable to do that, then ask for help at the TeX Live
mailing list:

http://www.tug.org/texlive/lists.html

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos
0
ISO
3/2/2010 9:51:32 AM
On Tuesday, March 2, 2010 2:08:13 AM UTC+5, Felipe Abr=E3o wrote:
> Hi, everyone!
>=20
> Well, I am really new in the Latex World, but have already used the
> Beamer class without problems. However, since I decided to use TeX
> Live I have had problems! I cannot use Beamer anymore, because the
> following error message shows up:
>=20
> ! LaTeX Error: File `beamer.cls' not found.
>=20
> Please, what can I do to solve this problem? I use Windows XP. Thank
> you very much.

0
muhammadtayyab78
12/11/2013 6:44:47 PM
muhammadtayyab78@gmail.com writes:

> On Tuesday, March 2, 2010 2:08:13 AM UTC+5, Felipe Abr�o wrote:
>
>> Well, I am really new in the Latex World, but have already used the
>> Beamer class without problems. However, since I decided to use TeX
>> Live I have had problems! I cannot use Beamer anymore, because the
>> following error message shows up:
>>
>> ! LaTeX Error: File `beamer.cls' not found.
>>
>> Please, what can I do to solve this problem? I use Windows XP. Thank
>> you very much.

tex live installer asks what you want, in the first place.  i have
plenty of disc space, so i always say "everything".

without knowing what options you asked for when you installed tex live,
my best guess is that you asked for an option (or options) that
doesn't (don't) include beamer.

beamer is in collection
  latexrecommended

that seems to be a top-level option; so ask for it when installing.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
0

'dataread' and 'textscan' Large Text Files
Hi folks, I have a working Simulink model in SimEvents which reads data from a text file. Each row includes entitiy attributes which I assign to an entity generated by an Entity Generator block. The porblem I'm experiencing now is the long time it takes to finish reading/extracting all of the rows each clock time. You see, when I did my coding at the beginning, I was working on small files, say 150-ish rows each. Now, I'm dealing with > 40k rows. Here is a brief on my coding/functions I've implemented: First, I have an Entity Generator. The number of entites leaving the b...

q on 'record', 'field' separators in text files
What characters if any are typically used to delimit 'fields' and 'records' in a text file? I'm working on a rewrite of an app that stores some data in text files and uses '|' and "\n" as 'field' and 'record' separators, respectively. I want to replace these and have been thinking of using "\e" and "\0", respectively, to allow data in a field to use the current two separators. Would it be ill-advised in particular to use \0? (The app currently runs on *nix, in case this is important.) thanks spark On Sat, 6 D...

No. of 'a' in a text file
/* I wrote the following program to calculate no. of 'a' in the file c:/1.txt but it fails to give appropriate result. What is wrong with it? */ #include"stdio.h" int main(void) { FILE *f; char ch; long int a=0; f=fopen("c:/1.txt","r"); while(ch=getc(f)!=EOF) { switch(ch) { case 'a': a++;break; } } printf("No. of 'a' = %d\n",a); fclose(f); return 0; } ume$h said: > /* I wrote the following program to calculate no. of 'a' in the file > c:/1.txt but it fails to give appropriate result. What is wrong with >...

'cat file' but only if 'file' exist
I'm trying to run 'cat *.x' only if *.x files exist. What is the cleanest way of doing this? I'm doing it by shopt -s nullglob for i in *.x; do cat $i; done but this is aweful typing. -- William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry@yahoo.ca> No, I will not fix your computer! I'll reformat your harddisk, though. On 2004-06-09, William Park wrote: > I'm trying to run 'cat *.x' only if *.x files exist. What is the > cleanest way of doing this? I'm doing it by > shopt -s nullglob > for i in *.x; do cat $i; done ...

How to extract words containing 'ab' & 'cd' in a text file?
Can anyone do it? ARMY1987- what say? On May 30, 10:00 am, Umesh <fraternitydispo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone do it? ARMY1987- what say? Please do not post homework. Show the code. thanks >>>>> "U" == Umesh <fraternitydisposal@gmail.com> writes: U> Can anyone do it? ARMY1987- what say? If you have to ask, it's obvious that not anyone can do it, but as I can do it, I know someone can. Perhaps you should attempt it and see what you come up with. Charlton -- Charlton Wilbur cwilbur@chromatico.net "Umesh" <frate...

Write to text file. Append to existing file. Create file if file doesn't exist.
Hi folks, &nbsp; up to LabVIEW 7 there was a wonderful "Write to Text&nbsp;File" vi which allowed the option "Append to File". Now, in LabVIEW 8, this old vi is not longer supported anymore. Instead, I am suggested to use a new "Write to Text File" vi. This vi does not offer the option "Append to File" anymore. Rather it is proposed in the online help that one should use the "Set File Position" in order to append text to the file. This much less straightforward than the old solution. Furthermore, I miss an option which would create the ...

Does 'Read Lines' option for 'Read from Text File' function work on PDA?
Hello, &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In a LabVIEW application, i have used 'Read from Text File' function (with the 'Read Lines' option checked) to read data from a file. This worked fine on desktop. But on PDA,&nbsp;this did not work - It looks like 'Read Lines' option is not effective on PDA. When I changed the input to 'Read from Text File' function to read 'n' number of characters &amp; unchecked the 'Read Lines' option,&nbsp;the file reading is&nbsp;done ok. But my requirement is that i want to read a line at a ti...

! LaTeX Error: File `dissertation.cls' not found.
Hi, I compile a main.tex. I get the error message "! LaTeX Error: File `dissertation.cls' not found." I am sure that the dissertation.cls file locates at the same folder. main.tex locates. But I don't know why it tells "File `dissertation.cls' not found". On Apr 23, 6:08 am, Googler <abc9...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I compile a main.tex. I get the error message "! LaTeX Error: File > `dissertation.cls' not found." > I am sure that the dissertation.cls file locates at the same folder. > main.tex locates. But I don't know ...

fprintf['text' vector 'text' vector]???
Hello, Could someone tell me how I can print this using fprintf, I probably missed an insturction somewhere: DE = [ 0.5000 0.7000 0.9000; 2.0000 3.0000 4.0000 ]; > CHECK) With A = 0.5 0.7 0.9 and B 2 3 4 using fprintf in one line. Right now this is what I do: fid = fopen ('test.txt', 'w'); fprintf(fid,'DE = [ ') fprintf(fid,'%6.4f',A) fprintf(fid,'; ') fprintf(fid,'%6.4f',B) fprintf(fid,' ]; > CHECK)') fclose(fid); Seems kind of exaggerated. I was hoping to end up with something like: fid = fopen (...

Content-Disposition - Trying to open a pdf file from a servlet
Hi, I am developing an application using WSAD. I have to open a pdf file from a servlet. My code goes this way: public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException { response.setContentType("application/pdf"); response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" +"example.pdf" +"\""); try { /*PrintWriter out = response.getWriter(); out.println("Welcome to Acrobat Reader"); out.flush(); out.close();*/ ...

help with LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.
Dear all, I have the following message when I try to typeset a document in Pctex. ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found. I think this might be a package for fonts. Could anyone tell me how to get it and install it. Thank you very much. Tony Tony wrote: > Dear all, > > I have the following message when I try to typeset a document in > Pctex. > > ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found. > > I think this might be a package for fonts. No, it's a package for SWP. Your file was typed under SWP I suppose. > Could anyone tell me how to &...

Simple way to loop a directory's files and put the file's text into string variable
Can someone please give me some code sample on how to do this in VB? So far I tried two methods and I've read of a third one that uses "DIR" but I don't know how to write the "DIR" method. I need to know which code would loop through the files fastest? Or they are all the same? I have SQL files that I want to read one by one and using SQL DMO execute them. Here's one sample I have for looping files... Dim sSQL As String Dim iFile As Integer FileListBoxTest.Path = "C:\Temp" FileListBoxTest.Pattern = "*aa.sql" For i = 0 To FileListBoxTest...

File 'colour' not found
Not sure what I've done but somehow I've managed to get an error message box saying: "File - 'colour' not found." This message came about after I was trying to change the back drop on my RiscPc to use a jpeg rather than the standard textures but didn't like the results so jpegs tried switching back to one of the standard textures and the above message comes up. Re-booting doesn't get rid of it and neither does completely turning the machine off. For info I'm on a RiscPC running RO4 (non select version) On a possibly unrelated note: I've somehow go...

File 'dict' not found
Hi All Me again, sorry. Still trying to get various things running properly on the new Windows desktop with VRPC-SA. The latest thing is trying to get !Dict to work. It works fine on the laptop with VRPC-SE, and I've transferred the application, !UnixHome from Resources, and the Dict dierctory in Choices. If I try to run !Dict, it dies, saying "File 'dict' not found" and then "Handle is either illegal or has been closed at line 0". Any ideas what I might have done wrong, please? All the best, Paul Paul Beverley (Archive Publications), Advanced Member Sf...

Web resources about - File `beamer.cls' not found. - comp.text.tex