Flowing text around text

Hi all,

Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed
piece of text with colored background? Something like:

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text  -----------------------------------------------
text text text text |     Some piece of information goes here       |
[...]

except that I am unable to represent colored background in ASCII. :-)

Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then
use some package such as wrapfig to wrap text around it, but it seems
likely to me that there's a simpler approach.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos
0
jcsantos (1101)

Jos� Carlos Santos <jcsantos@fc.up.pt> writes:

> Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed
> piece of text with colored background? Something like:

Maybe you could create minipage-environment and then put table there.
But you'd better wait what other people say in this thread.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"halpojen hoitojen maailma uljas haluaa taistosi latistaa, mielesi

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=textflow

> Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then
> use some package such as wrapfig to wrap text around it, but it seems
> likely to me that there's a simpler approach.

   You don't need to put the text into a picture-environment to use
wrapfig.

Harry

--
When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut.
0
Harry Schmidt wrote:

>>Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed
>>piece of text with colored background?
>

> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=textflow
>

>>Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then
>>use some package such as wrapfig to wrap text around it, but it seems
>>likely to me that there's a simpler approach.
>

>    You don't need to put the text into a picture-environment to use
> wrapfig.

Thanks a lot. You're right: I was under the impression that wrapfig
and similar packages were meant for pictures (and tables) alone.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos
0
jcsantos (1101)

Web resources about - Flowing text around text - comp.text.tex

Water flowing and sparkling V - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore tillwe's photos on Flickr. tillwe has uploaded 12620 photos to Flickr.

Mitchell Freeway back flowing after rollover caused traffic jam
A vehicle rollover on Erindale Road has brought traffic southbound traffic on the Mitchell Freeway to a standstill.

Gold Is Flowing From The Western World To The East
Gold is moving out of western markets and into eastern markets, a new report from the World Gold Council highlights.

Fees still flowing to CBA from 'Zombie funds'
Financial planners at the scandal-plagued Commonwealth Bank are still raking in lucrative commissions and fees for tipping their clients into ...

Lava flowing from Hawaii volcano
Hot lava flowing from a volcano in Hawaii is moving towards a sparsely populated neighbourhood.

Flowing water on Mars raises prospect of finding life
NASA has compelling evidence of seasonal salty water flows on Mars, an important finding that substantially raises the prospect that life, in ...

Mitchell Freeway back flowing after rollover caused traffic jam
A vehicle rollover on Erindale Road has brought traffic southbound traffic on the Mitchell Freeway to a standstill.

Vote to keep German aid flowing
THE Greek election is a small win, half a cheer, if you like, for democracy, in its ancient homeland.

Mitchell Freeway back flowing after rollover caused traffic jam
A vehicle rollover on Erindale Road has brought traffic southbound traffic on the Mitchell Freeway to a standstill.

Fast-flowing gas curtails black hole growth
Astronomers have discovered a powerful gas stream that limits how big a black hole can grow, preventing it from growing faster than the galaxy ...