font editing software for tex fonts?

In my one foray into creating a virtual font, which was a replacement
for the math italic font for use with Times Roman, the *really* tedious
part was adjusting the font metrics. Are there are wysiwig font editors
for tex font metrics?

(I've seen VTeX's TFM Editor, but it only works for fonts in VTeX's IF4
format and I don't think it can be used with virtual fonts.)

How about the following alternative? Use a PostScript font editor to
create a composite type 1 font, adjust the metrics in that font editor,
and then use afm2tfm?

I see a couple problems with this approach: (a) can't distribute the
font if it is derived from propietary fonts (whereas a vf can be
distributed and then used by anyone who has the fonts that it draws
from); (b) won't work for the italic correction metric that is used to
place subscripts in the math italic font.

thanks.

tim van zandt
0
tvz (5)

Timothy Van Zandt schrieb:
> In my one foray into creating a virtual font, which was a
> replacement for the math italic font for use with Times
> Roman, the *really* tedious part was adjusting the font
> metrics. Are there are wysiwig font editors for tex font
> metrics?

You can import and export tfm files in FontForge (formerly
known as PfaEdit), however AFAIK you cannot create virtual
fonts with it. I wonder how difficult it would be to add
this functionality, given that most of the GUI stuff is
already there. After all a virtual font is just a normal
font metric file where the glyphs are wired to physical fonts...

0
mrosena (445)
5/12/2004 2:54:10 PM
In article <c7tdte$13f8$1@gwdu112.gwdg.de>,
Malte Rosenau  <mrosena@gwdg.de> wrote:

% already there. After all a virtual font is just a normal
% font metric file where the glyphs are wired to physical fonts...

This isn't quite what a virtual font is. A virtual font is a font
where the characters are described in terms of dvi commands. They're
commonly used to rearrange character encodings and make composites
of other fonts, but anything that can be done in a dvi page can be
done in a character of a virtual font.
--

Patrick TJ McPhee
East York  Canada

TEX font <=====> PS font???
hi guys, I have a question about font in metapost I want to choose a special font in my .mp file, so I do default_font:="Times-Roman" ..... I also tried this on many exotic fonts I found on my system by "locate *.pfb" and then extract the names of these pfb's and put the "/name (file path) " pair into Fontmap.cmr in ghostscript sysdir and doing other necessary tasks. now, with a a.mp file with such line in it: default_file := "CMTCSC10"; when I run mpost a.mp mpost says it can't find the tfm file for CMTCSC10, which is understandable, because that font probably only has .pfb on my system, and more importantly, mpost/TEX needs a "transformation" to recognize longer names like "Times-Roman". this seems to be done in /usr/share/texmf/fontnames/*.map, but what is the format of these .map files??? thanks lilostitch <lilostitch@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to choose a special font in my .mp file, >so I do >default_font:="Times-Roman" >.... >now, with a a.mp file with such line in it: >default_file := "CMTCSC10"; here a working example: defaultfont := "cmtcsc10"; beginfig(1) label("Hello", origin); endfig; end Regards, Hartmut -- H. Henkel, Oftersheim On 29 Jan 2005 13:54:33 -0800, "lilostitch" <lilostitch@gmail.com> wrote: >hi guys, I have a question about font in metapost > >I want to choose a special font in ...

libertine-legacy (Linux Libertine fonts for (La)TeX and pdf(La)TeX users)
A bug in the libertine-legacy package has been reported at http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/64795/ In fact, the ligatures in fxlbi.pfb are not bold. If the line \printText{fxl}{b}{it} is added to libertinetext*.tex, the issue is apparent; presumably the original developer forgot to test that combination. Although I'm the maintainer of this package, I am not the original developer and I'm unable to correct this problem; volunteers will be welcomed. There are three possible workarounds for users who encounter this issue. + avoid the ligatures by using, for example, f{}i instead of fi + change the default bold italic font to semi-bold italic which has semi-bold ligatures + change from bold italic to bold oblique which has bold ligatures Bob T. Am Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:05:10 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Bob Tennent: > A bug in the libertine-legacy package has been reported at > > http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/64795/ > > In fact, the ligatures in fxlbi.pfb are not bold. If the > line > > \printText{fxl}{b}{it} > > is added to libertinetext*.tex, the issue is apparent; presumably the > original developer forgot to test that combination. > > Although I'm the maintainer of this package, I am not the original > developer and I'm unable to correct this problem; volunteers will be > welcomed. As far as I could through some short test the font its...

TIPA Fonts for TeX
I have been told that the open-source TIPA fonts are available in Type 1 format which can be installed on Windows and then used in any application. I downloaded them from http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/tipa/ (You have to use the tipa.zip file at the top of the page.) I unzipped the file and found the Type 1 fonts. But I can't install them. I use ATM Deluxe 4.1 on Windows 2000, and it doesn't even see the fonts in the folder -- I am assuming this is because it reads inside the font and it doesn't find something it needs in order to install it. Note that there are only PFB ...

TrueType fonts in TeX
This sounds like a FAQ, but I couldn't find it in the TeX/LaTeX FAQs. I've got a bunch of TrueType font files *.ttf that I would like to make use of under TeX. How do I go about to doing that? I have seen one or two discussions on the issue in the net but, quite frankly, I found them either rather opaque (going on about a number of font-related issues that escape my understanding) or non-functional (the approaches proposed just don't work.) I wonder if anybody in this group could provide pointers to a recipe that explains how to do what I am asking for. I am not a typesetting- or font-buff - I just want (need) to be able to use those TrueType fonts under TeX in my Linux box with a minimum of hassle. Any pointers will be much appreciated. On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:08:02 GMT, SKH wrote: > I wonder if anybody in this group could provide pointers to a recipe > that explains how to do what I am asking for. I've successfully used the following approach on several ttf fonts: first, convert them to Postscript (type 1) fonts using, for example, ttf2pt1: fonts/utilities/ttf2pt1 and then follow the instructions in the manual for fontinst (just the Introduction should suffice): fonts/utilities/fontinst Bob T. On 2003-10-07, 16:08 GMT, SKH wrote: > I wonder if anybody in this group could provide pointers to > a recipe that explains how to do what I am asking for. I am not > a typesetting- or font-buff - I just want (need) to be able to &g...

edit text font
I have a strange problem. All of a sudden, when I edit any text in the mtext edit dialog, the font changes to Tahoma. If I edit non-mtext all is fine. Where do I change the font mtext edit uses? Thnaks. Pat Callaghan ...

2010-03-03 QuarkXPress v8.1 Portable, 2,300 fonts Adobe Font Folio 11, 3,900 fonts Linotype Gold Edition 1.7.1, 584 fonts Big Pack Arabian, other, added
2010-03-03 QuarkXPress v8.1 Portable, 2,300 fonts Adobe Font Folio 11, 3,900 fonts Linotype Gold Edition 1.7.1, 584 fonts Big Pack Arabian, other, added please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, http://sites.google.com/site/telvvcd/loadsofgreatsoftware =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D QuarkXPress v8.1 Portable. 167 Mb QuarkXPress ("Quark") is a computer application for creating and editing complex page layouts in a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) environment. It runs on Mac OS X and Windows. The most recent version is QuarkXPress 8 and it allows publishing in English ("International and U.S.") and 36 other languages, including Arabic, Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Spanish. QuarkXPress is used by individual designers and large publishing houses, primarily to produce any kind of layout, from flyers to complex page layouts required by magazines, newspapers, catalogs, and similar printed materials. Along with Adobe InDesign, it dominates that market space. Linotype Gold Edition 1.7.1 Fonts Over 3,900 fonts from Linotype (Adobe, AGFA Monotype, ITC and others) unlocked for Windows. More than 1,900 fonts with an integrated Euro symbol. Worth USD $7,199.00. Adobe...

Alternate/Swash Fonts in TeX, how?
Does any of you cracks has experience in how to use the AGaramondAlternate Font in ConTeXt/LaTeX? I have no problems with the other Expert fonts but this one stays empty. As I am starting with a Mac font I am not sure which encoding to choose for generating the pfb file. Someone already did this journey? Steffen ...

Using Type1 Fonts in TeX
Hi, I have several Type 1 fonts from the Adobe Font Folio. How can I use them in TeX, if they are not included in existing TeX packages? Is there a step-by-step "how to" explaining how to proceed? I couldn't find a detailed answer in the UK TeX FAQ. Thanks in advance. Raphael * Raphael Goubet (2003-11-17) writes: > I have several Type 1 fonts from the Adobe Font Folio. How can I use > them in TeX, if they are not included in existing TeX packages? Is > there a step-by-step "how to" explaining how to proceed? I couldn't > find a detailed answer in the UK TeX FAQ. fontinstallationguide.pdf (on CTAN) Cheers, Ralf Raphael Goubet wrote: > Hi, > > I have several Type 1 fonts from the Adobe Font Folio. How can I use > them in TeX, if they are not included in existing TeX packages? Is > there a step-by-step "how to" explaining how to proceed? I couldn't > find a detailed answer in the UK TeX FAQ. > Maybe you can find something at this location ==> http://home.vr-web.de/was/fonts.html ....Rolf -- || Rolf Niepraschk c/o Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt || || Abbestr. 2-12; D-10587 Berlin, Germany || || Tel/Fax: ++49-30-3481-316/490, email: Rolf.Niepraschk@ptb.de || On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:20:30 +0100, Ralf Angeli <dev.null@iwi.uni-sb.de> wrote: >fontinstallationguide.pdf (on CTAN) You're right, thanks. It's still quite technical, but then again the process is itself co...

font families in plain tex
Hello, I've been reading about font families, and I'd like to implement font families handling within my documents. I've modified plain tex's font families definitions, so I can use this like \bf like this instead \bf{something}, etc, but I don't think this is going to be ok, though. As one can see in the texbook, tex understands by font family a set of textfont, scriptfont, and scriptscriptfont, which are three parameters. Instead to override any of that, I'd like to develop from scratch a font family handling macro, so maths will still be usable as they come. I might need a font family to have defined let's say roman, medium, italic, slant, bold and black, and to be able to nest those styles as needed, independently of the active font family, I'm using 4 at the moment. For example: % let's say we start with the default font family, berkely book in my case some text \bf{some more \sl{a bit more}} So "some more" would be berkeley bold, and "a bit more", would be berkeley slanted bold, as one can obtain in latex more or less. I've been doing some tests, and I can know which font is active when I get into \bf or other definition, so I can more or less handle the situation "the high level way". In the other hand, looking at plain.tex it defines \newfam, and others, and I'm asking myself if any experienced programmer could advise me on how to do this the "right way"? Should I have to d...

Good black fonts for TeX
Do you know good free (in the sense of freedom) black (not blackletter or blackboard) fonts for TeX? Examples of black fonts include Impact, Helvetica Black and Kabel Black. I have found only this from CTAN, so far: URW Grotesk Bold. It is under GNU GPL. -- Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv "Kun katsoo suuren tyhjyyden ilkkuvaan ilvehahmoon, ponnistaa tahtonsa ja repii viimein rei�n varjoihin: H�m�rill� teill� tytt�, t�htisilm�, kultakutri, taivaallisen puhemiehen tarjoama mielitietty!" CMX Juhapekka Tolvanen <SNAFU.juhtolv@iki.fi.FUBAR.invalid> writes: > Do you know good free (in the sense of freedom) black (not blackletter > or blackboard) fonts for TeX? Do you know any good free black fonts? Making the TeX suport files isn't that difficult. See CTAN:/info/TrueType/ for an easy to follow guide which shows you the basics. If you have Type1 fonts, you can skip the ttf to Type1 transformation. cheerio ralf Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes: > Juhapekka Tolvanen <SNAFU.juhtolv@iki.fi.FUBAR.invalid> writes: >> Do you know good free (in the sense of freedom) black (not blackletter >> or blackboard) fonts for TeX? > Do you know any good free black fonts? Not really. -- Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv "Kun katsoo suuren tyhjyyden ilkkuvaan ilvehahmoon, ponn...

Current State of TeX fonts
Hello, I've been curious about designing type faces for use with TeX for a while, and I've attempted to do research on the topic, but it appears that a lot of the information I have found on this topic is outdated. Can anyone point out a good, recent source of information on the topic? Thanks! 'cid 'ooh poopdeville@gmail.com wrote: > I've been curious about designing type faces for use with TeX for a > while, and I've attempted to do research on the topic, but it appears > that a lot of the information I have found on this topic is outdated. > Can anyone point out a good, recent source of information on the topic? Not much has changed over time. Assuming you plan to use Metafont (which produces fonts directly usable by TeX), Knuth's The Metafontbook is the most complete source of information. See also the UK TeX FAQ's comments on learning Metafont: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=mfptutorials You can produce PostScript Type 1 fonts from arbitrary Metafont using any of the utilities described in the following FAQ answer: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=textrace Alternatively, because you're designing a typeface from scratch, you might want to take a look at the mf2pt1 package on CTAN. mf2pt1 imposes some stylistic restrictions but has the advantage of producing much cleaner Type 1 fonts because it doesn't have to "guess" what curves were used. If you'd rather ...

Another TeX font problem :-(
This is TeXLive, but the problem appears universal. Is there ANY way of using a private font library? Preferably not even demanding that the user install it in his TeX environment? There is no obvious reason that they should want to do that, and many possible ones why it is a bad idea. I am trying to write a free-standing application, that RELIES on LaTeX, but otherwise neither relies on nor changes anything outside itself. And is is ESSENTIAL that this can be done without system privilege, as I need to use systems where I don't have it (don't ask) and want to ship to people who may not have it. Yes, I know that I can build my own copy of TeX (and could even fix that misdesign at the same time), but distributing such a thing is well along the road to madness! A Web search indicates that I am not the first person to hit this, and the answer to an extended dialogue between one and the system developers was "You're out of luck". Regards, Nick Maclaren. nmm1@cam.ac.uk wrote: > This is TeXLive, but the problem appears universal. > > Is there ANY way of using a private font library? Preferably not even > demanding that the user install it in his TeX environment? There is > no obvious reason that they should want to do that, and many possible > ones why it is a bad idea. I am trying to write a free-standing > application, that RELIES on LaTeX, but otherwise neither relies on nor > changes anything outside itself. > >...

How to use TrueType fonts with TeX
I've been asked to use some TrueType fonts with TeX. Ability to do math typesetting with these fonts might or might not be an issue. I did a search for 'TrueType' in the FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?keyword=TrueType Nothing there helped me with this problem. A google search for TrueType and TeX: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=TrueType+TeX revealed Damir Rkityansky's page: http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm which is very helpful. I also found Harald Harders article: http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/info/TrueType/ I did a google search in comp.text.tex for TrueType (sorted by date): http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=TrueType+group:comp.text.tex&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.text.tex&scoring=d This brought up an interesting post from Randy Yates: http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=isfuiahs.fsf%40ieee.org In response to this Philipp Lehman gave a list of some helpful links. http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=c6471d%24i1i%2401%241%40news.t-online.com Philipp also wrote of the use of TrueType problem: > This has exercised a lot of minds over the past couple of years. It seems that my mind will also be exercised by this problem. Does anyone have some words of advice, or links to resources, in addition to those mentioned above. -- Jonathan Fine The Open University, Milton Keynes, England On Thu...

TeX font BPAZDL +CMMI10 ???
An acquaintance who uses Textures on a Mac (I think under OS X -- apparently Textures is back to life?) has sent me a technical document in TeX-generated PDF. When I open it on my MacBook using Acrobat (not Reader) under OS 10.4.11, I get the warning message Cannot extract the embedded font 'BPAZDL +CMMI10'. Some characters may not display or print correctly. and indeed some of the math characters in the equations in the document are obviously missing. I have the TeXLive/TeXShop distribution from TUG installed and working on my machine, with all the CM fonts inst...

local TeX tree with fonts
Hi, I am working on a faculty computer, so I do not have root access. However, I would like to install my own fonts for LaTeX. For this I found out how to use the TEXINPUTS variable. I made a folder ~/texmf and added this to my TEXINPUTS variable. I then installed the mathdesign font package. When I compile my document, LaTeX seems to find the mathdesign.sty file but it cannot find the corresponding fonts. Is there some extra configuration variable I should change to get it working? thanks a lot "y-man" <ygrange@gmail.com> writes: > I am working on a faculty computer, so I do not have root access. > However, I would like to install my own fonts for LaTeX. For this I > found out how to use the TEXINPUTS variable. I made a folder ~/texmf > and added this to my TEXINPUTS variable. I then installed the > mathdesign font package. > > When I compile my document, LaTeX seems to find the mathdesign.sty file > but it cannot find the corresponding fonts. > > Is there some extra configuration variable I should change to get it > working? There are quite a few variables that could be set in the environment, but it is easier to use an additional TEXMF tree. Is TEXMFHOME defined on your system? Try kpsewhich --var-value=TEXMFHOME (For me this is actually $HOME/texmf.) On older systems, it might also be called HOMETEXMF. If it is defined, then all you have to do is put the files into the correct subdirectories of TEXMFHOME, ie, late...

TeX font sampler (draft)
I have completely redone the old font sampler that I embedded in the LaTeX brochure. The new one is a standalone PDF, in A3 and Ledger sizes. The selection of typefaces is just that: a selection (so if I've left out your favourite, let me know :-) http://latex.silmaril.ie/sampler/fontsampler-a3.pdf http://latex.silmaril.ie/sampler/fontsampler-ledger.pdf That directory also contains fontsampler.{tex|aux|log|dvi} and the image file series8a.{png|eps} This is a draft: comments, bugs, corrections, and suggestions to me please (remove the obfuscation in my posting address). (Especially if anyone knows how to stop it producing an extra page in the A3 version which just contains a footnoterule!) ///Peter ...

stix fonts license and TeX
There has been a massive font project (stixfonts.org) underway for years to produce a new comprehensive font set for mathematics. Unfortunately their draft license (http://stixfonts.org/user_license.html) is definitely not free. It forbids modification of the characters as designed, and places restrictions on what can be sold. So, ironically enough, this project to "serve the scientific and engineering community" (among others) will not be able to be included in the free TeX distributions, such as teTeX, MiKTeX, and TeX Live, or the free operating system distributions, such as GNU/Linux -- all in widespread use among the scientific community. It may not be too late to affect the outcome. If you are concerned by this and moved to do so, please let them know. There is a form to submit comments at http://www.aip.org/stixfonts/contact.jsp?eid=lic (there is no direct email address to send to, unfortunately). If you are a working scientist or mathematician who would be affected by this, that would be especially useful to mention. Thanks, Karl As background, here is their self-described "mission" from their web site: The mission of the Scientific and Technical Information Exchange (STIX) font creation project is the preparation of a comprehensive set of fonts that serve the scientific and engineering community in the process from manuscript creation through final publication, both in electronic and print formats. Toward this purpose,...

From Unicode TTF to TeX fonts
Okay, the cooking recipt I am following tells me to do the folling for using TrueType font with (La)TeX: Convert the TrueType font into PS Type 1, frex: > ttf2pt1 -l adobestd tahoma.ttf jthr8a for each font of the family. Then, run fontinst: > tex fontinst.sty * \latinfamily{jth}{} \bye Now I have the original .ttf file, the Adobe font metrics .afm and Type1 .t1a files generated by ttf2pt1. the .vpl, .mtx, .pl and .vpl files generated by fontsinst, as well as the .fd files. Then I run pltotf on each .pl file and vptovf on each .vpl file. And finally I place the .tfm, .vf and .fd files in their respective subdirectories. Supposedly TeX will now work fine with my fonts, but there is a further step in getting my dvi previewer or PDF viewer to show the correct font. I am using TeXLive at home (I don't remember the previewer), and MikTeX at work (with YAP). I have already reconstructed the directory trees in TeXLive, but I can't get a .dvi or .pdf showing the required fonts. Additionally, fontinst complains that Gamma, Delta, Theta, Lambda, Xi, Pi, Sigma, Upsilon, Phi, Psi, Omega, dotlessj and lslashslash glyphs are missing, as well as the ligatures for ffi, ffl, fi, ff and fl. The font's I am trying to convert are Unicode fonts, (particullary Herman Miller's Thryomanes, which is a free light roman font) so Greek glyphs should not be missing. I guess this has to do with the 8bit encoding (adobestd, as I am using it). So, is there a way (an encond...

can't edit pdflatex docs in acro7 with text edit tool- no system font
Hi, This is an Acrobat 7.0/pdflatex issue. I'm having trouble using the text edit tool in Acrobat on documents created with pdflatex using MikTeX and WinEdt on my XP system. The error message says that there is no available system font. I tried adding the TeX font folder to Distiller but that didn't help, because the documents are not actually created with Distiller. Is there a way to add LaTeX fonts to my system font folder so that Acrobat will recognize them? Is there anything I can do on the pdflatex end? BTW, I also had this problem when I had LaTeX typeset the document in Times (with \usepackage{times}) so it's not just an issue with the LaTeX computer modern fonts. Any advice? I would really like to be able to use the touch-up tool in Acrobat 7.0 on my pdfs created with pdflatex. "greigite" <lectrix3@yahoo.com> schrieb: > Hi, > This is an Acrobat 7.0/pdflatex issue. I'm having trouble using the > text edit tool in Acrobat on documents created with pdflatex using > MikTeX and WinEdt on my XP system. The error message says that there is > no available system font. I tried adding the TeX font folder to > Distiller but that didn't help, because the documents are not actually > created with Distiller. Is there a way to add LaTeX fonts to my system > font folder so that Acrobat will recognize them? Is there anything I > can do on the pdflatex end? BTW, I also had this problem when I had > LaTeX typeset the ...

Font handling in TeX vs Scribus
Scribus is a relatively new DTP program which lacks many of the features of TeX. In fact it uses TeX for formulas. But one area where it clearly excels is in font access. The user has a choice of all the fonts, Type 1, TTF and OTF that are available in / usr/share/fonts or its Windows equivalents. By contrast, the TeX instructions for using a fairly common TTF font like Georgia approach the theater of the absurd. TeX and only TeX has to have its own font library. Luatex works for some but not for others. I ask for a fresh start. Each well-known OS has a library system for handling fonts. TEX needs a font handling system that will go to this font library and use the fonts, either by file name or common name. There should be no exclusions. Plain Tex can access type I fonts if the fonts are in the TeX libraries and the tfm file is in place and there is map file available. But just determining which fonts fit this pattern is a bit of an art form. Via Luatex It can access some OTF fonts but by my tests not all. There are fonts listed in the map files that do not necessarily exist on the system. Each format of TeX has its own mechanisms and terminology. There are piecemeal solutions built on modifications of the mechanisms of the past. I say scrap the whole thing and start over. If the font is in the /usr/share/fonts libraries or their equivalents on Windows and OS X it should be readily available to the author of a document, as it is in Scribus, Open Of...

TeX font with creative commons logos?
Hello, I am looking for a TeX font that contains the logos used by the creative commons license, cf., eg., http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/ I'd much prefer to use a dedicated font than to build TeX-macros that put circles (of equal size?) around "cc", "BY:" and "="... -- Juergen -- Juergen Koslowski If I don't see you no more on this world ITI, TU Braunschweig I'll meet you on the next one koslowj@iti.cs.tu-bs.de and don't be late! http://www.iti.cs.tu-bs.de/~koslowj Jimi Hendrix (Voodoo Child, SR) Greetings. In article <d5na6e$t01$1@rzcomm2.rz.tu-bs.de>, J�rgen Koslowski wrote: > Hello, > > I am looking for a TeX font that contains the logos used by the creative > commons license, cf., eg., > > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/ > > I'd much prefer to use a dedicated font than to build TeX-macros that > put circles (of equal size?) around "cc", "BY:" and "="... There's yet another approach you might consider: insert the logos as graphics using the graphicx package. If the bitmap graphics available on the CC website aren't of sufficient resolution, you could use a tracer program to create vectorized EPS versions. Incidentally, if you do find such a font or create your own macros, please post the solution here. Regards, Tristan -- _ _V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,...

Modifying TeX Font Metrics under LPPL
Hi, as fas as I understand the LPPL, if I modify a font metric file like i.e. ptmr9e.vf, I am alowed to distribute this modified file under the same name, if I clearly describe the changes, provide unmodified copy of the original, and the file identify itself as changed (how should a .vf identify itself?). Is that correct? Besides, there is for me a hypothetical problem: if an author puts a notice for the font metric files, that they cannot be modified and distributed, practically that font name is taken over. best regards On 25 ao=FBt, 09:25, Plamen Tanovski <p...@arcor.de> wrote: > Hi, > > as fas as I understand the LPPL, if I modify a font metric file like i.e. > ptmr9e.vf, I am alowed to distribute this modified file under the same na= me, > if I clearly describe the changes, provide unmodified copy of the origina= l, > and the file identify itself as changed (how should a .vf identify itself= ?). > Is that correct? > > Besides, there is for me a hypothetical problem: if an author puts a noti= ce > for the font metric files, that they cannot be modified and distributed, > practically that font name is taken over. > > best regards - ptmr9e.vf is not a metric file, but a virtual font file, - even if you can, I don't know if it is, it's a very bad idea to alter a file and distribute it under the *same* name, in any case Christophe c.caignaert@free.fr writes: >> as fas as I understand the LPPL, if I modify a f...

Globally changing TeX math font?
Hi - I'm forwarding this question for a professor at our site. Thanks. - Mark Question: Is there a simple way, like a command, that converts all math-mode characters into another font, like Ariel? I know how to change a font in each math mode expression, but it will be a really long process, like typing in $$\hbox{\sst V}=\hbox{\sst RI}$$ (V=RI), where \sst for me stands for Ariel font 10. ...

TeX Gyre Pagella font question
Hi, Is there a good way of setting all numbers to old style numbers for this font, rather than using \textoneoldstyle, etc. all the time. Also, using \oldstylenums{} everywhere is cumbersome. I have been searching for an option like osf which the mathpazo package has but with no luck so far. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. hozi hozi <huzefa.khalil@gmail.com> writes: >Is there a good way of setting all numbers to old style numbers for >this font, rather than using \textoneoldstyle, etc. all the time. >Also, using \oldstylenums{} everywhere is cumbersome. I have been >searching for an option like osf which the mathpazo package has but >with no luck so far. i've long had an idea at the back of my mind, of writing a general- purpose oldstyle-numbers vf generator. (there are some such sets for cm and ec fonts, on ctan, but nothing one can just run and get what you need for the font you want.) however, nowadays, as we move towards opentype fonts, it seems silly to go to the trouble of doing it with traditional tex, with its archaic limitations on what fonts may look like. i would therefore recommend switching to xetex and using the opentype version of pagella and selecting oldstyle numbers using the fontspec package. (note: i've never done this -- someone may explain that pagella's opentype doesn't have the proper parameters, or something.) -- Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge On 2008-10-12 21:24:27 +1030, rf10@cl.cam.ac.uk (Ro...

Web resources about - font editing software for tex fonts? - comp.text.tex

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...