font installation -- only roman font available

I installed an OT font using autoinst, moved all the .fd and .sty
files to the appropriate places, and texhashed (I was guessing about
that last bit, but I read that I was supposed to 'update the database'
and it looked like I was supposed to use texhash).  When I invoke the
font family with \usepackage{}, I get the standard Roman type, but not
italics or small caps.  I haven't tried any other fancy stuff, so I
don't know whether old-style figures or swashes, e.g., are available.
Where should I look for the problem? and what should I try when I find
it?

Thanks in advance --

0
antiquus (47)

On Sep 12, 2:54 am, J Hill <antiq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where should I look for the problem? and what should I try when I find
> it?

You could start by giving more details about what's going wrong.
Please send a mail to autoinst's maintainer (me) containing:
- autoinst's log: autoinst --verbose (..other options and files..)
>autoinst.log 2>&1
- a *minimal* example of a document showing italics and/or small caps
not working.

Marc

Swing Font, it's Java Font? ot native? how install new font?
Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use with window API to draw the font on the screen? if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font? mttc wrote: > Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use > with window API to draw the font on the screen? I think both. Java has it's own fonts, and it will use the native (Windows) ones too. > if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/...

Combining Math Fonts with Text Fonts
Dear all, I have two questions. 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what properties a math font should have if you want tp combine it with a given text font? I am aware of Stephan Hartke's ``A Survey of Free Math Fonts for TeX and LaTeX'' but this ``just'' lists some nice combinations; it doesn't list the guidelines. I'd be much obliged if anybody could provide me with some pointers. 2) I am thinking of buying a font licence for FF Nexus, but I need some advice for a good accompanying math font. Unfortunately, the licence is pretty expensive: it would be a pitty to buy it and then find that there's no nice accompanying math font. One of the main reasons why I'd like to use FF Nexus is because it has a serif, a sans serif, a slab serif, and a typewriter typeface which go very well together. I'm thinking of using the serif for the main text, the sans serif for captions, the slab serif for section titles, and the typewriter for identifiers. (You may find more information about FF Nexus on http://www.martinmajoor.com/4_nexus.html.) Again, I'd be much obliged for suggestions. It would be nice if you could let me know why you think a particular suggestion is nice. Of course, ideally the math font should be free. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Marc van Dongen Le 06/06/2011 06:58, Marc van Dongen a �crit : > Dear all, > > > I have two questions. > > 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what pr...

Problem: Latex cannot find a TTF font installed by the Miktex TTF font installer
Short version: I have the Sabon font as TTF and would like to use it from Miktex. I have tried using various methods, including the Miktex font installer, but failed. I think the Sabon font is installed (the self-test seems to indicate that) but still pdftex complains that the font shape is undefined. How should I proceed, please? Long version: I'll redo all the steps (2006-04-11) and log them here. This is on Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service pack 2. First let's ensure that the system is up to date. I run the Miktex update wizard 2.4.1704. Update from Internet. Sele...

Installed font not showing up in font list
I have a font which, according to FOnt Book, is installed, but isn't showing up on the font list for any applications. I seem to recall that two possible reasons are the font being damaged or incompatible with OS X. Is there any other possibility -- i.e., one that would offer me a way to solve the problem? ...

font editing software for tex fonts?
In my one foray into creating a virtual font, which was a replacement for the math italic font for use with Times Roman, the *really* tedious part was adjusting the font metrics. Are there are wysiwig font editors for tex font metrics? (I've seen VTeX's TFM Editor, but it only works for fonts in VTeX's IF4 format and I don't think it can be used with virtual fonts.) How about the following alternative? Use a PostScript font editor to create a composite type 1 font, adjust the metrics in that font editor, and then use afm2tfm? I see a couple problems with this approach:...

Installation of Impression Publisher Fonts Fail Using the 'Font Install 1.03' Software
After installing Impression Publisher I am unable to install any of the (default) Fonts included with this application. Some Impression Publisher functions refuse to start because the default fonts cannot be found. The fonts on the disc may not be accessed directly ... it appears that the default fonts must be unpacked and installed by the font installation program included with Impression Publisher - Font Install 1.03 When attempting to use Font Install 1.03 the application reports that the system is "Out of Memory" - yet the task manager advises that in excess of 160,000Kbytes ar...

siunitx using wrong font: font shapes not available
This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac which is defined as \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{% \IfNoValueTF{#1} {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}} {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}% } causes these errors: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not available (Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32. Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac ( from xfrac) or siunitx? Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:18 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech: > This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac > which is defined as > > \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{% > \IfNoValueTF{#1} > {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}} > {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}% > } > > causes these errors: > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not available > (Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32. A warning is not an error. That's rather normal substituation message. > Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac ( > from xfrac) or siunitx? \RequirePackage{fix-cm} (at best before \documentclass). -- Ulrike Fischer Am 29.04.2011 17:23, schrieb Ulrike Fischer: > Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:18 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech: > >> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac >> which is defined as >> >> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{% >...

"Font not available" error. How do I get the font??
Hi All, I'm opening some FrameMaker files, and getting error messages that some fonts used are not available in my system, and ofering the alternative to replace the original fonts with some others. However, in the above described situation, how can I get this or that font? Specially when it tells me the "font family so and so" is not available? TIA, jbr On Jun 20, 2006, BigBen wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm opening some FrameMaker files, and getting error messages that > some fonts used are not available in my system, and ofering the > altern...

[fonts] Installing "local" fonts (lm)
Hello, I recently tried to install fonts locally. I've got a local directory (let's say /mydir/latex) which contains a texmf directory. This dir (/mydir/latex) is exported to appear in $TEXINPUTS and i can successfully use packages installed in /mydir/latex/texmf/latex for example. As I was trying to install fonts (lm - latin modern - http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/lm/) I ended up with an issue (cannot use the fonts). Sadly, http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=uselmfonts did not help, or i missed something trivial... Here is how I actually did this : 1/ extract the zip file as advised by the documentation (fonts dir in texmf/fonts, docs in texmf/doc, tex in texmf/latex) 2/ make updmap find the lm.map and use it : updmap --enable Map /mydir/latex/texmf/fonts/map/lm.map 3/ update the list of packages/fonts in texmf : mktexlsr /mydir/latex/texmf) 4/ try to use it in tex files... Here it goes... => kpathsea: Running mktextfm ec-lmss9 mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input ec-lmss9 This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6) kpathsea: Running mktexmf ec-lmss9 ! I can't find file `ec-lmss9'. <*> ...ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input ec-lmss9 (and the same goes for all lm classes :s) So my guess is that kpathsea does not find the directory /mydir/latex (that's why i tried to put the full path to lm.map with updmap), is there an easyway to tell kpathsea to add /mydir/latex ...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings for the characters that appear in those orthographies and not in the various western/Roman alphabets (English, French, etc.). -- AF "Non Sequitur U has a really, really lousy debate team." --artyw raises the bar on rec.sport.baseball Alice Faber wrote: > You've enabled something about Central European input German and Arabic, to be precise. Not exactly Central Europe... > The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings > for the characters that appear in those orthographies I thought with the upcoming of Unicode there's one and only one font for "all" script systems? So what's the deal? I've noticed that the fonts concerned are all of the type ".dfont" and they appear twice only in programs that have a "traditional" font menue. Stefan In article <bp8qd3$6up$1@ne...

Fonts, Titles, SAS/Graph: Demo of available fonts?
Hi All, Does anybody know of any way to sample the fonts available on my machine and generate example outputs of each font programatically? I want to choose a decent font for display of titles on my gplots, but am having a hard time figuring out what fonts are available to me and what they look like. Thanks, Matt matt.pettis@THOMSON.COM wrote: > >Hi All, > >Does anybody know of any way to sample the fonts available on my machine >and >generate example outputs of each font programatically? I want to choose a >decent font for display of titles on my gplots, but am havin...

physical font specified but true type font file not available
Hello I am specifying a physical font (new Font("TimesRoman", ...)), but the physical font file TimesRoman.ttf is not available on my platform (Solaris 8). What font(file) does the Java Runtime select or access? Michael On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:01:17 +0200, Michael Glavitsch <michael.glavitsch@switzerland.org> wrote or quoted : >I am specifying a physical font (new Font("TimesRoman", ...)), but the >physical font >file TimesRoman.ttf is not available on my platform (Solaris 8). What >font(file) does >the Java Runtime select or access? It might be nu...

Re: Fonts, Titles, SAS/Graph: Demo of available fonts? #2
matt.pettis@THOMSON.COM wrote: > >Hi All, > >Does anybody know of any way to sample the fonts available on my machine >and >generate example outputs of each font programatically? I want to choose a >decent font for display of titles on my gplots, but am having a hard time >figuring out what fonts are available to me and what they look like. > >Thanks, >Matt I think a good place to start is with a piece of code written by Richard Devenezia: http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/win/FontList.html This will show you how to query your Win32 system to get the f...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > > > > They are on the Tool Options Palette. This should be the long ribbon Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the new PSP, it's been three long months, but nobody still wants me... I'd forget about trust, place the blame on Z', I think I'll go tie a gold ribbon about the new Adobe :-) Uni ...

Using the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]?
Hello -> All, Is there any way to use the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]? I am writing a chess program that could really make use of the Chess fonts. However, it seems that these fonts can only be added on somewhat superficially, by changing the font of already generated output. I don't see a way for a function to display them directly, without a human being going into the Font menu. Thanks a10^6, Jason Jason Ebaugh, PhD. Personal communications: ebaughjason@gmail.com Business communications: jason.ebaugh@apisscientific.com Disse...

Re: Using the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]?
I don't know which fonts are chess fonts but have you tried just using them? The following works for me Style["This is a test of various fonts 0123456789", FontFamily -> #, 18] & /@ {"American Typewriter", "Arial", "Papyrus", "Playbill", "Webdings", "Zapf Dingbats"} // Column Bob Hanlon ---- Jason Ebaugh <ebaughjason@gmail.com> wrote: ============= Hello -> All, Is there any way to use the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]? I am writ...

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the graphs also be a serif font or should it be sans serif as a contrast? Is there any tutorial how to layout graphics to look great with a LaTeX document)? Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over an included photo? Martin p.s. I've already been surfing and procrastinating a lot reading reviews of different apps (xFig, WinFig, Corel Draw, OmniGraffle, Inkscape, ipe, j***Edit, ...) and I'm not really sure what would be the best tool... p.p.s. WARMreader (http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/WARM/) looks very interesting - might this be the tool of choice to label graphics?... Lvood wrote: > Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over > an included photo? http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/overlay Herbert -- http://PSTricks.tug.org http://www.dante.de/CTAN/info/math/voss/ Lvood: > I'm not sure wha...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation LiberationMono-Bold.ttf LiberationSans-Regular.ttf LiberationMono-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf LiberationMono-Italic.ttf LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationMono-Regular.ttf LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf LiberationSans-Bold.ttf LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf fonts.dir LiberationSans-Italic.ttf fonts.scale But when I try setting GDFONTPATH, it still gets the same error: rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font Rich Cook wrote: > H...

How to display the text in a font not installed in the client machine
I want to design a web page with a rare font that may not be installed in the user's machine. Is there any way I can refer the font file located in the webserver server so that when someone hits my page the font file will be automatically downloaded? It's called an .eot file and you need to use Microsofts weft program to do that. http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/weft3/default.htm Dania "deBangShu" <34534534@abc.net> wrote in message news:OeYpb.25211$7k2.10970@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com... > I want to design a web page with a rare font that m...

MFTI to install Windows font for plain Tex
I used MFTI to install the Windows timen fonts. But pdftex cannot find the fonts. For some reason it is looking for rectimen On Nov 10, 10:25=A0pm, Georges <essej4...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I used MFTI to install the Windows timen fonts. But pdftex cannot find > the fonts. > For some reason it is looking for rectimen Sorry, I omitted some information. Here is the log file. This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a (MiKTeX 2.4) (preloaded format=3Dplain 2007.9.19) 10 NOV 2011 22:48 **\relax *\font\rm=3Dtimen at 12pt ! Font \rm=3Dtimen at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found. <*> \font\rm=3Dtimen at 12pt ? x No pages of output. However, MFTI had used the Windows timen files to create four tex font files, timen, timenbd, timenri, and timenbi and it said it was updating the necessary texmf and localtexmf files Georges <essej45us@yahoo.com> writes: > On Nov 10, 10:25�pm, Georges <essej4...@yahoo.com> wrote: >> I used MFTI to install the Windows timen fonts. But pdftex cannot find >> the fonts. >> For some reason it is looking for rectimen > > Sorry, I omitted some information. Here is the log file. > > This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a (MiKTeX 2.4) (preloaded > format=plain 2007.9.19) 10 NOV 2011 22:48 > **\relax > > *\font\rm=timen at 12pt > ! Font \rm=timen at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found. > <*> \font\rm=timen at 12pt > > ? x > No pages of...

Copy text from PDF, no system font available
Hi, I have a PDF doc which was initially created in QuarkXpress Passport 4.1 (K): LaserWriter 8.8.7 and then was converted to PDF with Acrobat Distiller 5 for Macintosh. I don't have any contact deltails of the original author or the Quark file, just the PDF. I just want to copy certain text from the PDF to Word so that I can add it to a document that I am writing. In Document Properties/Fonts it shows the fonts used in the document and they are all Emdebbed Subset, Type: Type 1 and Encoding Custom. The text I want to copy is written with font MgHelveticaLight-Normal. When I use t...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from one font-encoding to another encoding. The "convert" program (the user-cli-interface of ImageMagick can a lot, but is specialized on grapfical fileformats and can't convert fonts/texts. Is there such a converter program, or an editor that can be used? (There is a Program called JWPce, but it's only running on WinCE). Even a hint to convert one font into another (are there encoding tables?) maybe would help, if it is not toooo much effort to write a converter by myself.... ....but using a ready-to-use solution would be preferred. Any hint is welcome. Many Thanks, Oliver Hi, > What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used > to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an > save them in different font formats, > or a program that can convert from one font-encoding > to another encoding. > Is there such a converter prog...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Web resources about - font installation -- only roman font available - comp.text.tex

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

Shark attack delays shark-proof barrier installation at Middleton Beach, Albany
Workers putting in a shark-proof barrier at a WA beach on Sunday were forced to postpone the installation after a shark attacked a pygmy whale ...

Apple launching new broken iPhone upgrade, screen protector installation programs
... $200 for a 6, and $250 for a 6 Plus. Also involving iPhone displays, Apple Stores will start offering official plastic screen protector installations ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...