font problem with times package

It's me again...

As suggested in a previous mail on small pdf files, I do not load
anymore the fonts in the pdf file:

William F. Adams wrote:

> Make a .pdf which uses the core 13 fonts (Times, Helvetica, Courier,
> Symbol) and set pdftex so that they're not embedded and you'll get as
> small as pdftex can manage.
with:
ps2pdf14 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -dEmbedAllFonts=false

The pdf file is very small but nor acrobat reader nor xpdf can render it.

So I follow the advices about using times font with:
\usepackage{times}

but now it's dvips wich fails:
dvips: Font ptmr7t not found, characters will be left blank

I've found a lot of threads about this problem (since early in the
morning :-( ) asking to modify various tetex config files but none of
them allows me to solve the problem. Some solutions were also difficult
to understand with my knowledge of tetex but I try to follow strictly
each answer provided.
These fonts seems to be available but a "texhash" command do not change
anithing...
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/adobe/times/ptmr7t.tfm
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/vf/adobe/times/ptmr7t.vf

I have the latest tetex version available for fedora Core 4...
tetex-dvips-3.0-10.FC4
tetex-fonts-3.0-10.FC4
tetex-afm-3.0-10.FC4
tetex-latex-3.0-10.FC4
tetex-3.0-10.FC4
tetex-xdvi-3.0-10.FC4

Patrick

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:26:21 +0100, Patrick Begou wrote:

 > So I follow the advices about using times font with:
 > \usepackage{times}

Bad advice.  Use

\usepackage{mathptmx}

See psnfss2e.pdf for package options.

Bob T.
0
BobT (1484)
11/15/2006 5:09:05 PM
Bob Tennent wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:26:21 +0100, Patrick Begou wrote:
>
>  > So I follow the advices about using times font with:
>  > \usepackage{times}
>
> Bad advice.  Use
>
> \usepackage{mathptmx}

Unfortunatly, it do not solve my problem! I'm obviously doing something
wrong but i'm unable to see what/where:

tex code (following your advice and psnfss2e.pdf document):
\documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{mathptmx}

\end{document}

And dvips message, slightly different:
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+5824/8000
--dpi 13824 ptmr8t
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ptmr8t.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
dvips: Font ptmr8t not found, characters will be left blank.
.... etc.

Patrick (a little bit lost in LaTeX postcript fonts...)
Patrick Begou <Patrick.Begou@hmg.inpg.fr>  schrieb:

> Bob Tennent wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:26:21 +0100, Patrick Begou wrote:
>>
>>  > So I follow the advices about using times font with:
>>  > \usepackage{times}
>>
>> Bad advice.  Use
>>
>> \usepackage{mathptmx}
>>

> Unfortunatly, it do not solve my problem! I'm obviously doing something
> wrong but i'm unable to see what/where:
>
> tex code (following your advice and psnfss2e.pdf document):
> \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> \usepackage{mathptmx}

> \end{document}
>
> And dvips message, slightly different:
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+5824/8000
> --dpi 13824 ptmr8t
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ptmr8t.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
> dvips: Font ptmr8t not found, characters will be left blank.
> ... etc.
>
> Patrick (a little bit lost in LaTeX postcript fonts...)

I think there is something wrong with you search pathes. It looks as if
dvips doesn't find ptmr7t.vf. Does your system find other files in
/usr/share/texmf/...?

--
Ulrike Fischer
e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen.
Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> I think there is something wrong with you search pathes. It looks as if
> dvips doesn't find ptmr7t.vf. Does your system find other files in
> /usr/share/texmf/...?

I can found:
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/adobe/times/ptmr7t.tfm
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/vf/adobe/times/ptmr7t.vf

but "ptmr7t" do not occur in any *.map file. Can this be the problem ?

dvips: Font ptmr7t not found, characters will be left blank.

Patrick (still lost in LaTeX postcript fonts...)
Patrick Begou <Patrick.Begou@hmg.inpg.fr> writes:

> I can found:
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/adobe/times/ptmr7t.tfm
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/vf/adobe/times/ptmr7t.vf
>
> but "ptmr7t" do not occur in any *.map file. Can this be the problem ?
>
> dvips: Font ptmr7t not found, characters will be left blank.

First some background:

(La)TeX uses the TFM file only and records it into the DVI file. dvips
then reads "ptmr7t" and wants some font for this. This might be a
metafont font, an entry in the map file, or (as in your case) a virtual
font. This virtual font would then lead to other fonts. In your case it
would lead to "ptmr8r", which should be mentioned in the map file. You
can look into virtual fonts with vftovp.

In your case, dvips does not find the virtual font, though. What is the
output of

kpsewhich ptmr7t.vf

and

kpsewhich --progname=dvips ptmr7t.vf

?

cheerio
ralf
0
ralf.stubner (882)
11/16/2006 3:19:15 PM
Following all your advices I found 2 important things!

-first, I've not installed tetex-doc. This is why I was not
understanding many advices. "Latex Companion" from G. M and S. and
"LaTeX user's guide" from L. Lamport books were not enought to
understand these. I run a diff between a tar.gz package and my installed
package and found all this doc!

-second I found, with reading part of these documents, an old .dvipsrc
file in my home (near ten years old and related to an HP-UX server
runing LaTeX :-o). It was containing some invalid path to the ps fonts!

Now all seems to work but....

pslatex myfile.tex
dvips -Ppdf -G0 myfile.dvi    => ps is OK
ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 myfile.ps  =>pdf is small enought (<30Kb)

But:
ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 myfile.ps
put accents on french caracter after the character: � is e' in the pdf
file! Something is still wrong with fonts!

I'm sorry but the document is.... in french!

Patrick Begou <Patrick.Begou@hmg.inpg.fr> writes:

> But:
> ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 myfile.ps
> put accents on french caracter after the character: � is e' in the pdf
> file! Something is still wrong with fonts!
>
> I'm sorry but the document is.... in french!

I would suggest adding

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

to the preamble. In principle ps2pdf should produce a correct PDF file
without this, too. However, using T1 fontencoding will also enable
hyphenation of words with accented characters, which is a good thing.

cheerio
ralf
0
ralf.stubner (882)
11/16/2006 5:52:53 PM
Ralf Stubner wrote:
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

Thanks! it works fine and pdf final file is 28Kb instead of a little bit
more than 60Kb previously!

Thanks also to all other people providing many helpfull advices.

Patrick

My problem of MinionPro text blended with Eulervm package for math fonts
Hi, I installed adobe MinionPro fonts followed the instructions of minionpro bundles,the simple test shows the result is OK, the codes are as follows: \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage[mathlf]{MinionPro} \begin{document} Begin with adode MinionPro, text figures 123345 and 9876,and ligas fififi,fiflflfl.\\ then maths : \[ \phi(x)=\int_{0}^{\infty}e^{-x^2/2}\,dx \] and \[ \sum_{i=1}^n f_i(x) \] \end{document} when I loaded the eulervm package after the MinionPro,however the integral and sum symbol s were changed to eulervm character "R"and "P"! anyone experenced this odd issue? or anything I losted? and the solution? thanks! P.S.My system:win2kpro+miktex2.4 full+winedt5.4, and the related packages were all updated to the latest versions. jintau@gmail.com schrieb: > when I loaded the eulervm package after the MinionPro,however the > integral and sum symbol s were changed to eulervm character "R"and "P"! > anyone experenced this odd issue? or anything I losted? and the > solution? Grab the CVS version of MinionPro.dtx from http://developer.berlios.de/projects/minionpro/, and issue \usepackage[onlytext]{MinionPro} See also http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/MinionPro.pdf. Michael thank your reply,Mike, now everything is OK! and I think the updates should be transfered to CTAN :) best regards, J.T thank your reply,Mike, now everything is OK! and I think the updates should be transfered to CTAN :) best regards, J.T ...

Font problem in assignment package
G'day everyone, I'm using the assignment package from CTAN and have hit a problem trying to use small caps. With the following code: \documentclass[a4paper, 12pt]{assignment} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{graphicx} \coursetitle{} \courselabel{} \exercisesheet{\textsc{Assignment}}{} \student{}\semester{Semester 1, 2006} \date{\today} \begin{document} \textsc{This is a test of small caps in my assignment} \end{document} I get the following font warnings: This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.5 Beta 8) (preloaded format=pdflatex 2006.6.7) 7 JUN 2006 22:39entering extended mode .... LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/it' in size <12> not available(Font) Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/sl' tried instead on input line 18. LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined(Font) using `OT1/cmr/bx/n' instead on input line 18. I've checked using a more 'standard' class, and it works (I've checked the .fd file, and it's there). Refreshing the format files and stuff didn't help either (am using MikTeX 2.5, Beta 8). Although I could workaround it by just not using this class, it would make my life easier if I did. Any advice/suggestions/modifications I may need to make would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if I haven't given enough information, Regards, Dimitri Ulyinov --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made ...

Font problems extracting Text
Hi, I am extracting the text from PDF files using iether GEMINI or Scansoft PDF converter. Most of the text (99%) is usually fine, but I always run into the same problem: - The text is from scientific papers. Therefore, it is very common to find symbols like less or equal than, porcentage, plus and minus, degree, etc. Many times this symbols show OK on screen in the extracted file (a DOC or RTF file), but when I change the font in the extracted text to a standard font in Windows (Times New Roman) or ANY other font, the symbol do not show up like it originally was. I only see a square (the t...

Another TeX font problem :-(
This is TeXLive, but the problem appears universal. Is there ANY way of using a private font library? Preferably not even demanding that the user install it in his TeX environment? There is no obvious reason that they should want to do that, and many possible ones why it is a bad idea. I am trying to write a free-standing application, that RELIES on LaTeX, but otherwise neither relies on nor changes anything outside itself. And is is ESSENTIAL that this can be done without system privilege, as I need to use systems where I don't have it (don't ask) and want to ship to people who may not have it. Yes, I know that I can build my own copy of TeX (and could even fix that misdesign at the same time), but distributing such a thing is well along the road to madness! A Web search indicates that I am not the first person to hit this, and the answer to an extended dialogue between one and the system developers was "You're out of luck". Regards, Nick Maclaren. nmm1@cam.ac.uk wrote: > This is TeXLive, but the problem appears universal. > > Is there ANY way of using a private font library? Preferably not even > demanding that the user install it in his TeX environment? There is > no obvious reason that they should want to do that, and many possible > ones why it is a bad idea. I am trying to write a free-standing > application, that RELIES on LaTeX, but otherwise neither relies on nor > changes anything outside itself. > >...

problem with TeX Gyre Schola font
Hi, the following file that uses TeX Gyre Schola as text font cannot be compiled with pdfLaTeX (with MiKTeX on Windows XP): \listfiles \documentclass{article} \usepackage{tgschola} \begin{document} text \end{document} > This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.5) > entering extended mode > (chapter2.tex > LaTeX2e <2005/12/01> > Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation, ge > rman, ngerman, french, loaded. > (D:\texmf\tex\latex\base\article.cls > Document Class: article 2005/09/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class > (D:\texmf\tex\latex\base\size10.clo)) (D:\texmf\tex\latex\tex-gyre\tgschola.sty > ) (chapter2.aux) (D:\texmf\tex\latex\tex-gyre\ot1qcs.fd) [1{psfonts.map}] > (chapter2.aux) > > *File List* > article.cls 2005/09/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class > size10.clo 2005/09/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX file (size option) > tgschola.sty 2006/11/01 v1.0 TeX Gyre Schola as default roman family > ot1qcs.fd 2006/11/01 v1.0 font definition file for OT1/qcs > *********** > > )Trying to make PK font rm-qcsr at 600 DPI... > Running makemf... > makemf: The rm-qcsr source file could not be found. > Running ttf2pk... > makepk: PK font rm-qcsr could not be created. > > Warning: (file rm-qcsr): Font rm-qcsr at 600 not found > Output written on chapter2.pdf (1 page, 960 bytes). > Transcript written on chapter2.log. ...

LISTINGS package: problem with the font size
I am using the LISTINGS package which works very good, but i stumbled with a problem. Below it is the settings i use in the preamble of my document: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \lstset{ breaklines=true, language=Java, columns=flexible, %%%%%%%%% font style %%%%%%% basicstyle=\ttfamily, keywordstyle=\ttfamily, commentstyle=\ttfamily, stringstyle=\ttfamily, identifierstyle=\ttfamily, %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% showstringspaces=false, abovecaptionskip=-2ex, belowcaptionskip=-1.5ex, belowskip=0ex, tabsize=4 } %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% The problem st...

Times fonts problem in texlive 2008
If Times fonts are being use (\usepackage{times}), the dvips in texlive 2008 will report these problems: This is dvips(k) 5.97 Copyright 2008 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com) ' TeX output 2009.02.27:0912' -> font-test.ps kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+437/600 --dpi 1037 ptmr8r mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ptmr8r. dvips: Font ptmr8r not found, using cmr10 instead. </usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cm/dpi600/cmr10.pk> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+120/600 --dpi 720 ptmr8r mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ptmr8r. dvips: Font ptmr8r not found, using cmr10 instead. .... By the way, I tested it with a very simple file: > \documentclass[a4paper]{article} > \usepackage{times} > > \title{Font Test} > \author{Me} > \begin{document} > \maketitle > > \section{Testing} > \begin{itemize} > \item This is a test. > \end{itemize} > > \end{document} Anyone know what the problem is? TIA John Smith wrote: > If Times fonts are being use (\usepackage{times}), the dvips in texlive > 2008 will report these problems: > > This is dvips(k) 5.97 Copyright 2008 Radical Eye Software > (www.radicaleye.com) > ' TeX output 2009.02.27:0912' -> font-test.ps > > kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+437/600 > --dpi 1037 ptmr8r >...

Problems with ntp (time package at tcllib)
Hi all. I've tried to run time commands, but I couldn't fetch the time from he internet. See: % package require time 1.1 % set link [time::gettime ntp.usp.br] ::time::2 % puts [time::unixtime $link] couldn't open socket: connection timed out I've tried with more than one server, but the error message is the same. There is a delay (two or three minutes) after [set link [time::gettime ntp.usp.br]]. I'm using tcllib from ActiveTcl 8.5a3. Any idea? Is there another way to get time from the internet? Thank you very much. Bye! Silas Justiniano wrote: (tmp) 159 % package r...

Real Time Text Updating problem
I have a KeyPressFcn for a text edit box that updates text in another area of the gui. The problem I am having is that if the text in the edit box is highlighted and erased or text is typed in the middle of what is already typed then the function concatenates the text onto the end. Is there a way to tell if the text in the edit box is highlighted at the time of a new keypress. That way I could tell my function to start the string over. I am using a function that has the same functionallity as the code from this post. http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-2KHBV9/ ...

Font/text blurry---display problem?
This is a new HP nx6110 laptop that arrived yesterday. It is a Celeron 1.4GHz, 256MB, and the video card shares up to 128MB system memory. The LCD is 15" with a maxium resolution of 1024x768. I found something is probably wrong with the display. The font (text) is blurry. To be specific, here is an example. The capital English letter 'I' is composed of a single column of pixels on a LCD monitor. However, on this monitor, there are another column of pixels with light blue or grey color right next to the 'I', literally making the 'I' a shadowed letter, which is very...

problem specifying text width with geometry package

font problem with import text wizard in ACC97
Greetings When I use the import text wizard with a fixed width text file, I add a break at the correct column but it doesn't line up with the text. It seems that the display is shown in a non-proportional font. When I look at the text file in notepad it's all nicely lined up but in the wizard it's all over the place. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using Access 97 and Windows 98. Also found the same thing with XP (I have a dual boot) Thanks ,-._|\ David Aylott (Author of Access Version Checking utility) / Oz \ Email: http://www.aylott.com.au/feedback.htm \_,...

Problems with Date conversion from text format into date/time...
Problem! I have a series of CSV files that I am bringing in to Access, contained within each of them are 6 date fields, however, they are not being recognized as dates�this is a big problem! the date looks like this: 20050816 23:59:59.000 I wrote a query to split up the numbers and then bring them back together in the right order: L1: Left([DATA_START_DATE],4) M1: (Mid([DATA_START_DATE],5,2)) M1b: (Mid([DATA_START_DATE],7,2)) NEW_DATA_START_DATE: ([M1b] & "/" & [M1] & "/" & [L1]) DATA_START_DATE _2: IIf([NEW_DATA_START_DATE]="//","",...

Weird spacing problem with Biolinum font and expex package
Hi all, I'm experiencing a weird spacing problem using the expex package (for linguistic examples) that only occurs when using fontspec to load the Linux Biolinum font as default font. A minimal working example is attached below. Expex is used to set linguistic examples, which are kinda like lists but different. Crucial here is the fact that normally, there is some whitespace above and below the example. Expex has two dimensions to control the amount of space, aboveexskip and belowexskip. For some reason, this spacing disappears when Linux Biolinum O is used as the main font set with fontspec (and compiled with XeLaTeX, obviously). If the main font is changed to (say) Linux Libertine O, the spacing is correct. What's weird is that if I select Linux Libertine O as the main font and then use \sffamily to switch to sans serif, spacing is also correct. What's also weird is that if I add a \bigskip after the closing \xe, the vertical space added looks more like its equal to two \bigskips; that is, it looks like in that case the spacing after the example is added correctly. Adding \bigskip after "Line before." in the MWE doesn't have the same effect, though. Furthermore, the problem seems to be related to the fontspec package, because if I use \usepackage{libertine} \renewcommand*{\familydefault}{\sfdefault} instead of fontspec, even with XeLaTeX, everything is fine. I emailed the maintainer of expex, but he canno...

Fonts problem when exporting text with "Gemini export"
Maybe someone knows a solution. I regularly extract text from PDF files using the commercial tool ""Gemini export"". This works in general very well. From time to time I get something like " ___ --- _ �". This occurs I assume when the fonts are not on my PC or when the file has been generated on another system (MAC or Unix). There is no problem to view or print the PDF file though. Does anyone know a workaround? Thanks massion@gmx.de (FMAS) wrote: >I regularly extract text from PDF using the commercial tool ""Gemini export"". > >...

listings-package
Hello! According to the documentation of the listings-package 1.4, you can escape to LaTeX within comments via the texcl-key. The example below, where the escapebegin-key is used for changing the font-shape, shows that this seems to be possible only for comments which do _not_ span several lines. Is this a bug or is this a feature? Actually I wanted to get the comment-delimiters written in a different font than the comment-text - like in the single-line- comments. If I got it right, this means splitting "commentstyle(s)" into "commentdelimiterstyle(s)" and "commenttextstyle(s)" which seems not to be easy (as I did not succeed yet). Any ideas? Ulrich \documentclass{article} \usepackage{listings} \begin{filecontents*}{mylisting.txt} A/ A single comment-line. texcl-key seems to apply. B/ A comment spanning multiple comment-lines. The comment-delimiters are not nestable. texcl-key seems not to apply. /B C/ A comment spanning multiple comment-lines. C/ The comment-delimiters are nestable. C/ texcl-kex seems not to apply. /C /C /C D/ A comment spanning one line. texcl-key seems to apply. D/ Not a comment spanning one line. \end{filecontents*} \begin{document} text\xleaders\hbox{ text}\hfill\null \lstinputlisting[% language={[iso]C++}, basicstyle=\ttfamily, morecomment={[l]{A/}}, morecomment={[s]{B/}{/B}}, morecomment={[n]{C/}{/C}}, morecomment={[f][commentstyle][3]{D/}}, commentstyle=\rmfamily\itshape, texcl=t...

package/method to calculate largest font for one line of text?
Hi, I was thinking about designing name tags with XeLaTeX and was wondering if there is a way to calculate the maximum font size that could be used to fit on one line for a given font. For example, if there was the name "John Smith" this could use larger fonts before a new line would be needed, but the name Anne Xylophonomatica would have a smaller maximum font size to fit on one line of a name tag. Thanks for your thoughts/ideas! On 25/08/11 21:56, radiodurans wrote: > Hi, I was thinking about designing name tags with XeLaTeX and was > wondering if there is a way to calculate the maximum font size that > could be used to fit on one line for a given font. For example, if > there was the name "John Smith" this could use larger fonts before a > new line would be needed, but the name Anne Xylophonomatica would > have a smaller maximum font size to fit on one line of a name tag. > Thanks for your thoughts/ideas! Having tried this once, I would advise against it for two reasons: a. it creates an appearance of unevenness and makes it look as if everyone has a random font size; b. there is a risk that the font size will be interpreted as some kind of rank or precedence; ///Peter ...

Problem with evaluating percent overshoot, settling time, peak time, and rise time
Hello, I'm stuck on a problem that I'm trying to figure out. First I'm given the transfer function, G(s)= b / s^2 + as + b The problem breaks down into three parts: Part A. I have to evaluate percent overshoot, settling time, peak time, and rise time for the following values: a=4, b=25. Plot the poles also. Part B. Calculate the values of a and b so that the imaginary part of the poles reamins the same, but the real part is increased 2 times over that of Part A, and repeat Part A. Part C. Calculate the values of a and b so that the imaginary part of the poles remains the same...

Strange problem with "math time pro" fonts by PCTEX
I own a regular licence for math time pro2 fonts for TeX/Latex by PCTEX (mtpro2, in short). I have always been able to use them with my MikTeX 2.7 installation. Now I have the following problem. Let's call this file mymasterfile.tex: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \documentclass{report} \includeonly{% File_one,% } \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{textcomp} \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm} \usepackage[scaled=0.92]{helvet} \usepackage[mtpcal,mtpfrak,mtpbb,subscriptcorrection]{mtpro2} \begin{document} Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text \chapter{Part zero} Text \chapter{Part zero bis} Text \include{File_one} \end{document} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% The content of File_one is just: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \chapter{File one} First file. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Now, if I omit the 5 lines: \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{textcomp} \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm} \usepackage[scaled=0.92]{helvet} \usepackage[mtpcal,mtpfrak,mtpbb,subscriptcorrection]{mtpro2} I get what I want (with cmr default fonts, of course), and File_one gets included in my output. However, if I use the five above lines (which are described in the mtpro2 manual) in order to have my output with Math Time fonts I get the first pages as I expected, with th...

Your Participation (20 min. of Your Time) in a Development of Mac Fonts Package is Needed
##### DESCRIPTION OF THE PRELIMINARY CHARACTERISTIC OF SOFTWARE BUILDING MATERIAL "Paleofonts Mac 1.0 Beta" is a compilation of 279 freeware fonts representing ancient scripts by various authours, intended for a freeware redistribution as an integral collection by Vasil Gligorov to users of Mac Os based platforms The font files are of "DFont" file type and they have been insofar NOT tested on a Mac Os platform. ##### HOW CAN YOU HELP? If you are interested to help the development of the "Paleofonts Mac 1.0 Beta" into a regular version, you are kindly invited to take participation (which, if you express a will, will be acknowledged by inclusion of your name in a manner that exclude you of any legal problem whatsoever) in the testing of these fonts on your Macintosh system. As a first step you are encouraged to download the several archived fonts from following sites, which contain a download link.Please choose the kind of archive file for which you have a suitable archive handling utility.The download shouldn't take more than one minute: http://www.uploading.com/?get=OSU4JFZI (tar.gz) http://www.uploading.com/?get=TGAS334B (rar) http://www.uploading.com/?get=YUZO7WZZ (zip) Unpack the files, and if your archiver prompts you, designate a folder for extraction. When the extraction is over, you will have a dozen of *Dfont files (and no other kind of file) in a separate folder Please test at least few of these font files with ...

Text Export Problem Run-Time Error '13'
I have an application that will export two files to fixed width text to combine as a single text file. The first export will be a query containing header information for the file, the second query will be a table containing transactions. I have a routine that uses a command button to set up the export and a module that takes care of the merge. I've scraped this together using posts on this group The command button portion works but I get a Run-Time Error '13': Type mismatch when it gets to the module at this line .. Set rstOutputData = DB.OpenRecordset(strQuery, dbOpenDynaset) ...

LVN_INSERTITEM problem
Hello I have written a COM control which sends out a notification to user on an LVN_INSERTITEM message. However, I now realise that on receiving this windows message it is too early to find out what text has been added to eg a item or subitem. This causes me a problem. Is there another notification I can wait for - possibly later - which when I recieve it will allow me to get the text entered into a row? Angus Comber ac@NOSPAMiteloffice.com Try LVM_SETITEMTEXT. Angus Comber wrote: > Hello > > I have written a COM control which sends out a notific...

A problem concerning pdfLaTeX, caption package, supp-mis.tex, and MiKTeX
After updating to the most recent MiKTeX version (as of 2005/04/18), pdfLaTeX no longer works smoothly with my old TeX files . Here is the error message: %---------------------- Begin of error message e:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-mis.tex:193: No room for a new \dimen This error message was generated by an \errmessage command, so I can't give any explicit help. Pretend that you're Hercule Poirot: Examine all clues, and deduce the truth by order and method. \onerealpoint=\dimen234 \emptytoks=\toks26 \nextbox=\box65 e:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-mis.tex:197: No room for a new \dimen (...

Tex -> PS->PDF: Problem with getting all fonts embedded
Hi, I have tried several ways to get the pdf file I generate from my latex source to have all the fonts embedded in it. For example, I did: 1. dvips -Ppdf .... 2. Using convert feature of ghostview (with embed fonts set to true, embedded subset percentage set to 100% and the pdf setting to /prepress) However, the pdf file I generate still has the following font properties, which shows that they are not embedded. Times-Bold Type: Type 1 Encoding: Custom Actual font: TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT Actual Font Type: TrueType How do I avoid this problem? Thanks, Neelesh. On 30 Jul 2004 23:07:28 -0...

Web resources about - font problem with times package - comp.text.tex

Peak problems
Rob Haugh, Operations Manager, Able Liquid Waste in Clyde, is finding the peak traffic difficult for business.

Wanneroo council calls on WA environment minister over 3500 problem kangaroos
The Wanneroo council wants the WA environment minister to step in over a Yanchep country club apparently driving more than 3500 kangaroos from ...

IRS shuts down identity security tool for taxpayers due to security problems
The Internal Revenue Service has temporarily suspended use of its Identity Protection PIN tool "as part of its ongoing security review," according ...

GM recalls Colorado, Canyon, and Malibu for airbag problem
Filed under: Recalls , Chevrolet , GM , GMC , Safety , Sedan , Truck GM is recalling the 2016 Chevy Colorado, Malibu, and GMC Canyon for the ...

One simple solution to dozens of problems you might be having with your iPhone
Not every iPhone update is a winner. Sometimes apps don't work correctly, the battery life takes or a whole host of other issues might arise. ...

Samsung Pay posts net loss in first year, but that's not necessarily a problem
The BI Intelligence Content Marketing Team covers news and research we think you would find valuable. This topic was originally sent to subscribers ...

Renewables Could Hold The Key To China’s Water Problems
... improved plant cooling technologies for existing power plants, could go a [&hellip Renewables Could Hold The Key To China’s Water Problems ...

Can cousin of marijuana plant ease NFL's concussion problem?
Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon calls himself "old school," including his use of marijuana both during and after his career.

How to use Apple Diagnostics to identify Mac hardware problems
... pretty reliable, but when they do go wrong the Apple Diagnostics tool should help you figure out if you have a software or a hardware problem, ...