Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined

I need/want *bold smallcaps* for chapter titles in my thesis, so I do

     \Large\bfseries\scshape{Chapter Title}

but I get this:

 > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined
 > (Font)              using `OT1/cmr/bx/n' instead on input line 1.

There is a package 'bold-extra' that is a work-around, but I am not
happy with it because:
a. it is a work-around,
b. it gives rough chainsaw-like edges to the letters,
c. it makes the letters slightly bolder than they should be.

Any better solutions than 'bold-extra' for my problem?

Regards,
George

0
george5130 (47)

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:03:06 -0700, George Varsamopoulos
<george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:

> I need/want *bold smallcaps* for chapter titles in my thesis, so I do
>
>      \Large\bfseries\scshape{Chapter Title}
>
> but I get this:
>
>  > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined
>  > (Font)              using `OT1/cmr/bx/n' instead on input line 1.
>
> There is a package 'bold-extra' that is a work-around, but I am not
> happy with it because:
> a. it is a work-around,
> b. it gives rough chainsaw-like edges to the letters,
> c. it makes the letters slightly bolder than they should be.
>
> Any better solutions than 'bold-extra' for my problem?

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc} will provide you with bold small caps in
(European) Computer Modern.
--
Morten H�gholm
I haven't got a smelly address.
Morten H�gholm wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:03:06 -0700, George Varsamopoulos
> <george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I need/want *bold smallcaps* for chapter titles in my thesis, so I do
>>
>>      \Large\bfseries\scshape{Chapter Title}
>>
>> but I get this:
>>
>>  > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined
>>  > (Font)              using `OT1/cmr/bx/n' instead on input line 1.
>>
>> There is a package 'bold-extra' that is a work-around, but I am not
>> happy with it because:
>> a. it is a work-around,
>> b. it gives rough chainsaw-like edges to the letters,
>> c. it makes the letters slightly bolder than they should be.
>>
>> Any better solutions than 'bold-extra' for my problem?
>

> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} will provide you with bold small caps in
> (European) Computer Modern.

And for (USA) Computer Modern?
(the suggested action messed up with character and line spacing)

0
george5130 (47)
8/29/2004 10:27:20 AM
George Varsamopoulos <george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:

> And for (USA) Computer Modern?
> (the suggested action messed up with character and line spacing)

Really ? I didn't know there were such problems with ec...
I personaly use lmodern but it doesn't have bold small caps.
However, cm-super does, I think.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

LaTeX command:
\allcaps{WhaT evEr I wrIte Here is all-cAps}

output:
WHAT EVER I WRITE HERE IS ALL-CAPS

Regards,
George

0
george5130 (47)
8/29/2004 12:05:48 PM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 05:05:48 -0700, George Varsamopoulos
<george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:

> (Until I find a satisfying solution to smallcaps)
> Is there a package/command that offers an all-caps (not small-caps)
> functionality? Something like this:
>
> LaTeX command:
> \allcaps{WhaT evEr I wrIte Here is all-cAps}

\MakeUppercase{fRom the LateX cORe}
--
Morten H�gholm
I haven't got a smelly address.
UK-TUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
0
moho01ab5415 (737)
8/29/2004 12:39:46 PM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:38:59 +0200, Julien Salort <lists@juliensalort.org>
wrote:

> George Varsamopoulos <george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:
>
>> And for (USA) Computer Modern?
>> (the suggested action messed up with character and line spacing)

line spacing?

> Really ? I didn't know there were such problems with ec...
> I personaly use lmodern but it doesn't have bold small caps.

bold small caps are a rare sight actually.

> However, cm-super does, I think.

Yes (because it's the ec fonts).

If one wants to stick to OT1 encoding in the normal text (even though it's
not recommended) a possible solution could be to switch to the T1 encoding
for just the bold small caps:

\documentclass{article}
\makeatletter
%% from fix-cm.sty
%% Read the documentation to see why...
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{cmr}{bx}{sc}{
         <-6>    ecxc0500
         <6-7>   ecxc0600
         <7-8>   ecxc0700
         <8-9>   ecxc0800
         <9-10>  ecxc0900
         <10-12> ecxc1000
         <12->   ecxc1200
       }{}
\DeclareRobustCommand\bfsc{%
   \not@math@alphabet\bfsc\relax
   \fontencoding{T1}\fontshape\scdefault
   \fontseries\bfdefault\selectfont
}
\DeclareTextFontCommand\textbfsc{%
   \fontencoding{T1}\bfseries\scshape
}
\makeatother
\begin{document}
{\bfseries\scshape \ae sthetically?}% doesn't work.

\textbfsc{\ae sthetically?}

{\bfsc \ae sthetically?}
\end{document}
--
Morten H�gholm
I haven't got a smelly address.
UK-TUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
0
moho01ab5415 (737)
8/29/2004 12:57:05 PM
Morten H�gholm wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:38:59 +0200, Julien Salort
> <lists@juliensalort.org>  wrote:
>
>> George Varsamopoulos <george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> And for (USA) Computer Modern?
>>> (the suggested action messed up with character and line spacing)
>

> line spacing?

Yes, after i inserted the \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} line,
all of the output became slightly bolder and it looked
as if it were double-spaced.

0
george5130 (47)
8/29/2004 2:13:51 PM
Morten H�gholm wrote:
> If one wants to stick to OT1 encoding in the normal text (even though
> it's  not recommended) a possible solution could be to switch to the T1
> encoding  for just the bold small caps:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \makeatletter
> %% from fix-cm.sty
> %% Read the documentation to see why...
> \DeclareFontShape{T1}{cmr}{bx}{sc}{
>         <-6>    ecxc0500
>         <6-7>   ecxc0600
>         <7-8>   ecxc0700
>         <8-9>   ecxc0800
>         <9-10>  ecxc0900
>         <10-12> ecxc1000
>         <12->   ecxc1200
>       }{}
> \DeclareRobustCommand\bfsc{%
>   \not@math@alphabet\bfsc\relax
>   \fontencoding{T1}\fontshape\scdefault
>   \fontseries\bfdefault\selectfont
> }
> \DeclareTextFontCommand\textbfsc{%
>   \fontencoding{T1}\bfseries\scshape
> }

It produced bold small caps without inserting new problems
in the output. However, when I zoom into the DVI or PS file,
the bold small caps produced have rough edges, unlike the
rest of the output.

0
george5130 (47)
8/29/2004 2:45:46 PM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 07:45:46 -0700, George Varsamopoulos
<george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:

> It produced bold small caps without inserting new problems
> in the output. However, when I zoom into the DVI or PS file,
> the bold small caps produced have rough edges, unlike the
> rest of the output.

See <http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=type1T1> and some of
the related topics. Unfortunately (due to the massive size) the cm-super
font set is the only solution for that right now.
--
Morten H�gholm
I haven't got a smelly address.
UK-TUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
0
moho01ab5415 (737)
8/29/2004 3:07:33 PM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 07:13:51 -0700, George Varsamopoulos
<george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:

> Yes, after i inserted the \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} line,
> all of the output became slightly bolder and it looked
> as if it were double-spaced.

I'm somewhat curious ;-) I've never heard of that before (the line
spacing). Can you produce a minimal example showing your problem?
Something like this (which doesn't show a problem on my computer - running
a brand spanking new distro):

\documentclass{article}
\newcommand*\LoremIpsum{%
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Pellentesque
hendrerit rutrum elit. Fusce neque. Aenean augue. In hac habitasse
platea dictumst. Vestibulum mollis metus vel tortor. Praesent
facilisis. Nunc lacinia laoreet mauris. Aenean ipsum eros, pharetra
sollicitudin, volutpat fringilla, posuere vehicula, felis. Nulla
interdum. Donec velit orci, posuere et, congue id, scelerisque et,
velit. Vivamus turpis.

Vestibulum lorem. Nunc sed magna. Vivamus vestibulum, lacus scelerisque
vulputate semper, purus mi sollicitudin dolor, et gravida justo orci
sed neque. Suspendisse augue. In sit amet tellus sed nulla commodo
faucibus. Curabitur facilisis sem quis dolor. Donec enim. Donec
vulputate, odio et accumsan congue, sapien turpis porta odio, sit amet
pharetra quam lorem a urna. Fusce urna. Aliquam placerat dui luctus
justo suscipit placerat. Mauris eleifend lectus sed nibh. Proin id
justo a nisl consequat mattis. Curabitur diam nibh, tempus non, gravida
malesuada, pulvinar et, leo. Cras quis dui ac eros semper varius.}

\usepackage[T1,OT1]{fontenc}

\begin{document}
%% This is OT1
\LoremIpsum

\fontencoding{T1}\selectfont
%% This is T1
\LoremIpsum
\end{document}

--
Morten H�gholm
I haven't got a smelly address.
UK-TUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
0
moho01ab5415 (737)
8/29/2004 3:11:57 PM
Morten H�gholm wrote:

> I'm somewhat curious ;-) I've never heard of that before (the line
> spacing). Can you produce a minimal example showing your problem?
> Something like this (which doesn't show a problem on my computer -
> running  a brand spanking new distro):

I tried to email you the results, but your email address seems to
be out of order.

George

0
george5130 (47)
8/30/2004 4:11:42 AM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:11:42 -0700, George Varsamopoulos
<george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:

> Morten H�gholm wrote:
>>  I'm somewhat curious ;-) I've never heard of that before (the line
>> spacing). Can you produce a minimal example showing your problem?
>> Something like this (which doesn't show a problem on my computer -
>> running  a brand spanking new distro):
>>

> I tried to email you the results, but your email address seems to
> be out of order.

Just remove the "smelly" part of it.
--
Morten H�gholm
I haven't got a smelly address.
UK-TUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
0
moho01ab5415 (737)
8/30/2004 7:09:48 AM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:11:42 -0700, George Varsamopoulos
<george@turing.eas.asu.edu> wrote:

> Morten H�gholm wrote:
>>  I'm somewhat curious ;-) I've never heard of that before (the line
>> spacing). Can you produce a minimal example showing your problem?
>> Something like this (which doesn't show a problem on my computer -
>> running  a brand spanking new distro):

Okay, now that I've looked at the files I see what you mean. What you
observe as different line spacing is an optical effect caused by the EC
fonts being bitmap on your installation. When viewed in Ghostview it is
quite noticeable. On my computer the EC fonts exist as type 1 and I see no
difference in line spacing.
--
Morten H�gholm
I haven't got a smelly address.
UK-TUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
0
moho01ab5415 (737)
8/30/2004 8:53:42 AM
?Morten H�gholm wrote:

> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} will provide you with bold small caps in
> (European) Computer Modern.

I can't verify that statement.

With

\documentclass[twoside,dvipdfm]{scrbook}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

in the preamble I get normal bold characters (and a warning) for the
following:

\section{The \textsc{Henri-Michaelis-Menten} (HMM) equation}

Bold-extra does not help, either :-(
The last really annoying issue in my book project, in fact.
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:10:16 +0200, Dr Engelbert Buxbaum wrote:
> ?Morten H�gholm wrote:
>

>> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} will provide you with bold small caps in
>> (European) Computer Modern.
>
> I can't verify that statement.
>
> With
>
> \documentclass[twoside,dvipdfm]{scrbook}
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>
> in the preamble I get normal bold characters (and a warning) for the
> following:
>
> \section{The \textsc{Henri-Michaelis-Menten} (HMM) equation}

You are using KOMA-Script. It uses a sans-serif font in the titles which
does not have a small caps shape at all. When trying to use it in normal
weight, you get a serif small caps font (see t1cmss.fd:

\DeclareFontShape{T1}{cmss}{m}{sc}%
       {<->sub*cmr/m/sc}{}

For the bold shapes, no replacement is defined. You may add it by:

\DeclareFontShape{T1}{cmss}{bx}{sc}%
       {<->sub*cmr/bx/sc}{}

But this is not good typography (also the first replacement not).

You may either use serif fonts in the titles by using

\setkomafont{sectioning}{\normalfont\normalcolor\bfseries}
resp.
\setkomafont{sectioning}{\normalfont\normalcolor\bfseries\mathversion{bold}}

or avoid to use small caps at all in titles.

Yours
Harald

--
Harald Harders                           Langer Kamp 8
Technische Universit�t Braunschweig      D-38106 Braunschweig

LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have searched and searched but can't find the solution to this problem. I keep getting a variety of warnings along the lines of: LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/it undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/bx/n defined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OMS/Helvetica/m/n undefined .... Does anyone know how to correct this? Thank you in advance for your help, Dan On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:27:31 -0700 (PDT), Dan wrote: > Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have searched and > searched but can't find the solution to this problem. > > I keep getting a variety of warnings along the lines of: > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/it undefined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/bx/n defined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OMS/Helvetica/m/n undefined > ... > > Does anyone know how to correct this? \usepackage{helvet} ....\textsf{This is Helvetica.}... For a scaling option to helvet, look for psnfss2e.pdf either on your system or at CTAN. If you really intend to use Helvetica as your default font family, add \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{phv} Bob T. ...

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmss/m/n' undefined
It looks like this was discussed a bit on this group, but I didn't see a specific solution. Here's what was attempted, and what failed. \renewcommand{\familydefault}{\sfdefault} Then within the document, \textit{\textbf{whatever text}} This generated these errors: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/it' in size <12> not available (Font) Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/sl' tried instead on input line 8. LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/bx/it' undefined (Font) using `OT1/cmss/bx/n' instead on input line 8. Is there a way to get bold, italic serif, or a workaround for the same? Thanks! "jfgodfrey" <john@jlgodfrey.myrf.net> schrieb: > It looks like this was discussed a bit on this group, but I didn't see > a specific solution. > > Here's what was attempted, and what failed. > \renewcommand{\familydefault}{\sfdefault} > > Then within the document, > > > \textit{\textbf{whatever text}} > > This generated these errors: > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/it' in size <12> not > available > (Font) Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/sl' tried instead on input > line 8. > > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/bx/it' undefined > (Font) using `OT1/cmss/bx/n' instead on input line 8. > > Is there a way to get bold, italic serif, or a workaround for the same? Yo...

Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined
Hi, I want to make some slides according to http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/texslides/ and get the messages LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/trebucit/m/n' undefined my truetype fonts are in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype I have updated /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map What else do I have to do? Any help greatly appreciated Dieter PS: While updating I get the message texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/ls-R lacks magic string. Skipping... What does this mean? -- Dieter Kraft Munich University of Applied Sciences Department of Mechanical Engineering dieter.kraft@hm.edu www.lrz-muenchen.de/~dkraft Am Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:07:05 +0200 schrieb Dieter Kraft: > Hi, > > I want to make some slides > according to > http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/texslides/ The webpage is quite old: 29 May 2003. Perhaps you should consider to use e.g. beamer. > and get the messages > > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/trebucit/m/n' undefined > > my truetype fonts are in > /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm > /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm > /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype > > I have updated > /usr/loc...

Controlling the text in plot 'xyz' title 'text'

problems with ttf in Latex...Font shape `T1/tnr10/m/n' undefined
Hello, After following the procedure from "http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm", I am still having a problem with the ttf conversion in pdflatex. I keep getting the following warning: ...." (C:\texmf\tex\latex\base\t1enc.def File: t1enc.def 2004/02/22 v1.99f Standard LaTeX file LaTeX Font Info: Redeclaring font encoding T1 on input line 43. )) (C:\localtexmf\tex\latex\winfonts\bookmanold.sty Package: bookmanold ) (Bookman test_2.aux) LaTeX Font Info: Checking defaults for OML/cmm/m/it on input .... LaTeX Font Info: ... okay on input line 9. LaTeX Font Info: Try loading font information for T1+tnr10 on input line 9. LaTeX Font Info: No file T1tnr10.fd. on input line 9. LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/tnr10/m/n' undefined (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 9." That defaults the text back to the CMR. I am trying to use a sty package (called bookmanold in this case). The following is the code for the sty: "\ProvidesPackage{bookmanold} \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{tnr} \endinput" and the t1tnr.fd has the following code: "\ProvidesFile{t1tnr.fd}[description] \DeclareFontFamily{T1}{tnr}{} \DeclareFontShape{T1}{tnr}{b}{n}{<-> ecBOOKOS}{} \DeclareFontShape{T1}{tnr}{m}{n}{<-> ecBOOKOS}{} \DeclareFontShape{T1}{tnr}{bx}{n}{<->ssub * tnr/b/n}{} \endinput". This is my actual latex code: "\documentclass{article} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{bookmanold} ...

undocumented (?) text() option 'sc'
Hi, When you create a text object, specifying a position like text(x,y,'string1') the text object will move -- possibly move out-of-view -- if XLim or YLim are changed. Some people work around this by creating another transparent axis on top of the original axis, and creating their text objects there. That way, if the original axis used for data is rescaled, the text doesn't move. I just noticed in some very old code an argument to text() which appears to make the text object immune to rescaling. It works in MATLAB 5, maybe still works in 7 (?). text(x,y,'string2&#...

Font sizes in 'rich text' control
I have run into a problem with the new rich text control in Access 2007. It seems that you can only choose from 6 preset font sizes when entering or editing text. The sizes are 8,10,12,14,18,24,36, which as I understand it, corresponds to Font Size=1 through Font Size = 6 in HTML. Is there any way around this. I have a need to display the data at 46pt, and also to make fine discriminations in font size depending on the data displayed. Is there some other way to tell HTML to display a font size? Is there some way to overcome these limits in Access 2007? Thanks in advance for your h...

how to insert 'artificial' text with font-lock
What I want to accomplish is that font-lock, besides putting a face on certain part of the buffer, also inserts text just for display, i.e. text which is not part of the underlying file. E.g. I want that every occurrence of the literal string "(C)" is displayed with the face adoc-replacement, followed by an inserted copy right sign "\u00A9". This is the font lock keyword I tried, but it doesn't work. It applies the face, but doesn't insert the text. (list "\\((C)\\)" '(1 '(face adoc-replacement after-string "\u00A9"))) The next quest...

laying out text into an 'L' shaped space.
Is there any way using HTML 4.01 of wrapping text and other inline elements into an 'L' or 'C' shaped space in a table - i.e. telling the browser that a series of table cells which don't form a square, line, or rectangle should all be considered as part of the same inline block? What i want it for is I'm using a two column table to display a series of images with text, and I want the images opposite the centre of each text section, with the text sections overlapping each other side to side when they're taller than the image, so that there isn't too mu...

How to get rid of 'Font shape in size not available ...'?
Hi all! We have a custom document class that always generates some font size warnings: + LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `U/msa/m/n' in size <40> not available + (Font) size <24.88> substituted on input line 41. As far as I understand I can safely ignore these warning, but how to get rid of them? I have tried with \RequirePackage{fix-cm} but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The document class snippet looks like this: [...] \begin{minipage}[b]{\textwidth} \ \vfill \begin{longtable}[b]{ll} \hspace{0.35\textwidth}\ &\vspace{1cm}\ \\ &\fontfamily{ptm}\fontseries{bx}\fontsize{40pt}{50pt}\selectfont\begin{minipage}{0.5\textwidth}\begin{flushleft}\@title\end{flushleft}\end{minipage}\\ &\vspace{2cm}\ \\ &\fontseries{b}\fontsize{24.88pt}{35pt}\selectfont\begin{minipage}{0.5\textwidth}\begin{flushleft}\type \\ \subsystem \end{flushleft}\end{minipage}\\ &\vspace{1cm}\ \\ &\large Revision \myrevision, \lastchangedmonth \ \lastchangedyear\\ \end{longtable} \end{minipage} \newpage [...] -> This includes the title page for the document with \title in 40pt and \type and \subsystem variables in 24.88pt. (The generated sizes appear to be correct) and the document I use looks like this: \documentclass[ngerman]{mydoku} \InitClass \usepackage{textcomp} [...] \Title{Ein Titel} \Type{Dokumentationstyp} \Subsystem{Das Subsystem} [...] \begin{document} [...] \end{document} cheer...

Font installation problems "Font shape undefined"
I'm trying to install Adobe Sabon and Adobe Trade Gothic on a Linux system running e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1 I have Trade Gothic installed properly, but when I try to use Sabon in my document, LaTeX says: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/psbx/m/n' undefined (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 96. I have all fd files installed under /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/adobe/sabon and the other files under /usr/share/texmf/fonts/*/adobe/sabon. I have run texhash after putting the files there. The files for Trade Gothic are installed in a similar way. What else could be wrong? Martin Magnusson <martin@xx-blecket-xx.org> writes: >I'm trying to install Adobe Sabon and Adobe Trade Gothic on a Linux >system running e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1 > >I have Trade Gothic installed properly, but when I try to use Sabon in >my document, LaTeX says: > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/psbx/m/n' undefined > (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 96. > >I have all fd files installed under >/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/adobe/sabon and the other files under >/usr/share/texmf/fonts/*/adobe/sabon. this isn't good policy: the texmf-local tree is for additions like this. >I have run texhash after putting >the files there. The files for Trade Gothic are installed in a similar >way. What else could be wrong? last i looked, there wasn't an adobe...

latex '\.' tex '_'
Dear all, I have a statement de_rm, d means derivate, rm is a subscript. I have the folowing problem, when I use: legend('e_rm','Interpreter','tex') is good for subscript, legend('\.e','Interpreter','latex') is good for derivate. But how can use this two things together? Gergo Nyiro wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a statement de_rm, d means derivate, rm is a subscript. I > have the folowing problem, when I use: > legend('e_rm','Interpreter','tex') is good for subscript, > legend('\.e','Interp...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

Change the text of a 'Static Text'
Hello, I work now at a GUI in matlab. And I have the following code (function) for a Button Callback: function Button_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) set(handles.Status,'String','Busy!'); .... %.. some code that requires several seconds .... set(handles.Status,'String','Idle'); handles.Status is the handle for a StaticText control. What I want to do is to change the Text(Label) for the static text at the beginning (in "BUSY") and when everything is done to change it to "IDLE". My problem is that the Label/Text is changed only at t...

'Fixed' versus 'FixedWidth' font
I'm working on MATLAB GUI for use on Mac and Windows, and have noticed some strange font behavior. To maintain a consistent layout between platforms, I formatted all uicontrols in character units with the following results. 1. On OS X, formatting a 'FixedWidth' text object holds the appropriate number of characters. For example, if I want to display the word 'close' in a text box, sizing the object to five horizontal characters fits tightly around the string. Windows, however, makes the text much wider than the uicontrol, giving a cropped result. 2. If the font...

mex and GSL under windowsXP " .obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_matrix_alloc' "
Dear Matlab users, I am trying to compile my mex functions using GSL library on winXP 32bit. Under linux there is no problem, however, trying to compile my code under winXP following posts appear: >> mex -LC:\GnuWin32\lib -IC:\GnuWin32\include cDICbicubic.c Writing library for cDICbicubic.mexw32 c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_matrix_alloc' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_vector_alloc' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_permutation_alloc' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_matrix_set' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_vector_set' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_linalg_LU_decomp' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_linalg_LU_solve' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_vector_get' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_matrix_free' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_vector_free' c:\docume~1\petr\locals~1\temp\cdicbicubic.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_permutation_free' C:\PROGRAM F...

ClearType: Does Java AWT use its own font or use the OS's font in displaying text field?
Hi folks, I need to display some ClearType text in a static text field of a GUI window using Java AWT. I heard that Java 2D itself currently does not support ClearType sub-pixel technology. I am wondering if AWT can render font using OS's global font setting, for instance, on Windows XP, the ClearType font can be enabled globally, on Linux, it also has sub-pixel rendering technology can can be enabled OS wide. I am wondering if the Java AWT uses OS's font by default? Furthermore, what shall I do if I want to capture the RGB pixel values of the displayed text and save to harddisk? Th...

/usr/lib64/crt1.o(.text+0x21): In function `_start' undefined reference to `main'
When using mpif90 to compile f90 program: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [hmli@node44 issem]$ mpif90 x.f90 /usr/lib64/crt1.o(.text+0x21): In function `_start': : undefined reference to `main [hmli@node44 issem]$ uname -a Linux node44 2.6.9-67.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 7 13:56:44 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux [hmli@node44 issem]$ mpif90 -V mpif90 for 1.2.7 (release) of : 2005/06/22 16:33:49 pgf90 7.1-1 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp gh-64 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...

typeof x == 'undefined' or x == undefined?
You can test for an undefined value in two ways: function blah(x) { if (x == undefined) { x = 'default value'; } } That could also have been written: function blah(x) { if (typeof x == 'undefined') { x = 'default value'; } } Is either one of these more "correct" than the other? Is there an instance where one might fail over the other? -Lost -Lost said the following on 1/28/2007 3:59 PM: > You can test for an undefined value in two ways: > > function blah(x) > { > if (x == undefined) { x = 'default value'; } > } > > ...

Font known by 'gs' but not by 'ps2pdf', etc
Hi, I use Ubuntu 8.04. I added some line at the end of the Fontmap.GS for adding a PFB font. When I now type 'gs test.ps', I have some X window opening with exactly the right font. BUT all other tools fail to find the font: either ps2pdf, or gv, or evince, etc. Maybe I forgot to change something else? Regards, K. K. wrote: > Hi, I use Ubuntu 8.04. > I added some line at the end of the Fontmap.GS for adding a PFB font. > When I now type 'gs test.ps', I have some X window opening with exactly > the right font. BUT all other tools fail to find the font: either ps2...

Swapping '<' and '>' when text is not HTML

'dataread' and 'textscan' Large Text Files
Hi folks, I have a working Simulink model in SimEvents which reads data from a text file. Each row includes entitiy attributes which I assign to an entity generated by an Entity Generator block. The porblem I'm experiencing now is the long time it takes to finish reading/extracting all of the rows each clock time. You see, when I did my coding at the beginning, I was working on small files, say 150-ish rows each. Now, I'm dealing with > 40k rows. Here is a brief on my coding/functions I've implemented: First, I have an Entity Generator. The number of entites leaving the block is labelled 'd'. I'm using 'd' as an input to an Embedded Matlab Function that reads the number of rows of the text file. Basically, the 'd' works as the index in reading the "current" row. The reason for this function is it computes the 'inter-generation time' for the Entity Generator. It might sound a bit weired, but basically the 'intergeneration time' of entities are computed via an Embedded Matlab Function, and it uses the 'd' as the index. Now, in the Embedded Matlab Function, I have the following code: ______________________________________________ function intergen_time = fcn(d) eml.extrinsic('dataread') rows = 0; rows = length(dataread('file', 'MyTextFile.txt', '%s', 'delimiter', '\n')); if d <= rows intergen_time = d * 1e-10; else intergen_time...

Difference between font packages 'charter' and 'mathdesign'
Hello I've been using Bitstream Charter font family a lot for readability on-screen, always by using 'charter' package: \usepackage{charter} Recently I read in http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/ that Charter BT should be used by calling 'mathdesign' package with 'charter' option: \usepackage[bitstream-charter]{mathdesign} I tried this, and there is a significant difference indeed: the second way of calling the font gives less pages, letters are visibly smaller and also \baselineskip seems to be reduced in size. My questions: Why do they differ? Do they call different font? Or only some options are different, but font is same? Is any of the two ways to call 'Charter' better? For example, known for better spacing or having more glyphs? I couldn't find much to answer this questions in the web. Thanks for any information. -- aos On Feb 7, 4:49=A0pm, Andrzej Or=B3owski-Skoczyk <a...@mimuw.dump.edu.pl> wrote: > Hello > > I've been using Bitstream Charter font family a lot for readability on-sc= reen, always by using 'charter' package: > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 \usepackage{charter} > Recently I read inhttp://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/that Charter BT should = be used by calling 'mathdesign' package with 'charter' option: > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 \usepackage[bitstream-charter]{mathdesign} > I tried this, and there is a significant difference indeed: the second wa= y of calling the font gives less page...

error fopen('text.txt','w')
i am a beginner in Matlab guys, so i can't figure out what's wrong with my code. i need to open a text file and write data to it, but i got an error. here my simple code (sorry, my English is bad) >> pwd ans = C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a >> fid=fopen('text.txt','w') fid = -1 The text.txt doesn't exist. On 11/1/2015 11:48 PM, Tunggul Sagala wrote: > i am a beginner in Matlab guys, so i can't figure out what's wrong with my code. >i need to open a text file and write data to it, but i got an error. here my si...

Web resources about - Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined - comp.text.tex

Undefined - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mike Duffy trial: Senate's ex-law clerk says senator residence rules undefined
A former Senate law clerk testifying at the Mike Duffy trial in Ottawa admitted that the rules governing a senator's residency do not include ...

Washington's Olympic bid moves forward with extent of Maryland role undefined
... offered his preliminary backTing, but the extent of Maryland's role &#8211; and potential financial commitment &#8211; remained largely undefined. ...

Undefined discussion subject.
Undefined discussion subject. Read the full story here

undefined - Daily News & Analysis
Toggle navigation analysis DNA Edit Blogs Standpoint news India World Mumbai Delhi Bangalore Pune Ahmedabad sport money sci/tech dna pix entertainment ...

Undefined Behavior Versus Teaching
It is important to avoid undefined behavior wherever possible when teaching beginners.

Mexico's Energy Battlegrounds Come Into Focus, But Rules Of Engagement Remain Undefined
By Dwight Dyer International investors have been abuzz about the prospect of reforms to Mexico’s energy industry ever since that country’s Congress ...

FOSS Patents: undefined
Florian Mueller is an award-winning intellectual property activist-turned-analyst with 25 years of software industry expertise spanning across ...

DIFFERENCES UNDEFINED? Clinton, Sanders unite in police criticism, campaign rules amid testy debate
DIFFERENCES UNDEFINED? Clinton, Sanders unite in police criticism, campaign rules amid testy debate

Microsoft’s Xbox guru Don Mattrick leaves for key, but undefined role at Zynga
With the Xbox One coming to stores sometime this holiday season, it looks like Microsoft will have to find a new leader to oversee the launch. ...