Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined

Hi,

I want to make some slides
according to
http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/texslides/
and get the messages

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined
LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/trebucit/m/n' undefined

my truetype fonts are in
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype

I have updated
/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map

What else do I have to do?

Any help greatly appreciated

Dieter

PS: While updating I get the message
texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/ls-R lacks magic string.
Skipping...

What does this mean?

--
Dieter Kraft
Munich University of Applied Sciences

Am Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:07:05 +0200 schrieb Dieter Kraft:

> Hi,
>
> I want to make some slides
> according to
> http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/texslides/

The webpage is quite old: 29 May 2003. Perhaps you should consider to
use e.g. beamer.

> and get the messages
>

> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined
> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/trebucit/m/n' undefined
>
> my truetype fonts are in
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype
>
> I have updated
> /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
>
> What else do I have to do?

Where are the .fd-files? How are they called? What's they content? Did
you update the filename database?

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:07:05 +0200 schrieb Dieter Kraft:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to make some slides
>> according to
>> http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/texslides/
>
> The webpage is quite old: 29 May 2003. Perhaps you should consider to
> use e.g. beamer.

perhaps later, but now I want to solve this problem to get some
experience managing fonts

>> and get the messages
>>

>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined
>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/trebucit/m/n' undefined
>>
>> my truetype fonts are in
>> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm
>> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm
>> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype

I only have .afm, .tfm, and .ttf files
what are .fd files good for and how do I generate them

>> I have updated
>> /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
>>
>> What else do I have to do?
>
> Where are the .fd-files? How are they called? What's they content? Did
> you update the filename database?

How is the filename database updated?

Thanks

--
Dieter Kraft
Munich University of Applied Sciences
Department of Mechanical Engineering
dieter.kraft@hm.edu
www.lrz-muenchen.de/~dkraft
0
kraft (6)
4/12/2008 6:09:04 PM
Am Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:09:04 +0200 schrieb Dieter Kraft:

>>> I want to make some slides
>>> according to
>>> http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/texslides/
>>
>> The webpage is quite old: 29 May 2003. Perhaps you should consider to
>> use e.g. beamer.
>
> perhaps later, but now I want to solve this problem to get some
> experience managing fonts
>

>>> and get the messages
>>>

>>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined
>>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/trebucit/m/n' undefined
>>>
>>> my truetype fonts are in
>>> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm
>>> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm
>>> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype
>
> I only have .afm, .tfm, and .ttf files
> what are .fd files good for and how do I generate them

The webpage has a link to a script which also generates fd-files. But I
didn't check if does everything correctly.

http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm also contains some tipps how to
install truetypes, but there are also a bit out of date.

You can also convert the truetype to type1 with ttf2pt1 and then use
fontinst. The fontinstallationguide will tell you how to do it.

> How is the filename database updated?

texhash.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
Ulrike Fischer wrote:

>>> The webpage is quite old: 29 May 2003. Perhaps you should consider to
>>> use e.g. beamer.
>> perhaps later, but now I want to solve this problem to get some
>> experience managing fonts

>> I only have .afm, .tfm, and .ttf files
>> what are .fd files good for and how do I generate them
>
> The webpage has a link to a script which also generates fd-files. But I
> didn't check if does everything correctly.
>
> http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm also contains some tipps how to
> install truetypes, but there are also a bit out of date.
>
> You can also convert the truetype to type1 with ttf2pt1 and then use
> fontinst. The fontinstallationguide will tell you how to do it.
>

>> How is the filename database updated?
>
> texhash.

dkraft@dk/home/dkraft> sudo texhash
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-config/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/ls-R...
texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/ls-R lacks magic string.
Skipping...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/ls-R...
texhash: Done.
dkraft@dk/home/dkraft>

texhash skips .../texmf-local, where all my generated files reside
what is a magic string and how can I associate it with .../texmf-local

Thanks for your patience

--
Dieter Kraft
Munich University of Applied Sciences
Department of Mechanical Engineering
dieter.kraft@hm.edu
www.lrz-muenchen.de/~dkraft
0
kraft (6)
4/12/2008 6:31:25 PM
On Apr 12, 5:07 am, Dieter Kraft <kr...@fhm.edu> wrote:

> PS: While updating I get the message
> texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/ls-R lacks magic string.
> Skipping...
>
> What does this mean?

I've seen this message from the texlive distribution. There was a bug
having to do with the programs texhash and mktexlsr. See
   http://www.tug.org/texlive/bugs.html

Explanation of the message: texhash would write a "magic string" to
the
first line of the filename databases ls-R, it was an old version and
wrote a
different string than the new version. The program mktexlsr was the
newer
version and required a different string. They are supposed to be the
same
program. Some other programs call one, some call the other and a
mismatch occurs.

I am not sure what the recommended solution is. I obtained an newer
copy
of each from the TeXLive project, which I located enventually after
some
googling. It might be enough to just copy mktexlsr to texhash, delete
the
ls-R files, and regenerate them.

Caveat: save copies of all changed/deleted files (the texhash
executable
and each ls-R).

Dan
0
luecking (1319)

LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have searched and searched but can't find the solution to this problem. I keep getting a variety of warnings along the lines of: LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/it undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/bx/n defined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OMS/Helvetica/m/n undefined .... Does anyone know how to correct this? Thank you in advance for your help, Dan On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:27:31 -0700 (PDT), Dan wrote: > Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have searched and > searched but can't find the solution to this problem. > > I keep getting a variety of warnings along the lines of: > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/it undefined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/bx/n defined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OMS/Helvetica/m/n undefined > ... > > Does anyone know how to correct this? \usepackage{helvet} ....\textsf{This is Helvetica.}... For a scaling option to helvet, look for psnfss2e.pdf either on your system or at CTAN. If you really intend to use Helvetica as your default font family, add \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{phv} Bob T. ...

Couldn't use centaur T1 font provided w/ miktex (I'm exhausted after hours on this)
Hello everybody, Since yesterday I'm trying to use different fonts in my latex documents and, although some works, the majority of them are causing the following error when viewed by Yap: Making PK font: C:\texmf\miktex\bin\makepk.exe --verbose purr8r 657 600 magstep(0.5) ljfour Trying to make PK font "purr8r" (at 657 DPI)... "makemf" --verbose "purr8r" "ttf2pk" -q -t "purr8r" makepk: "purr8r.pk" could not be created. Loading 'cmr10' instead. I have a complete installation of MikTex up to date (installed t...

could not deduce template argument for 'double [m][n]' from 'double [2][3]'
Why does the code below not compile? VC 2010 says error C2784: 'void f(double [m][n])' : could not deduce template argument for 'double [m][n]' from 'double [2][3]' GCC 4.5.3 says error: no matching function for call to `f(double [2][3])' Explicitely saying f<2,3>(a) works in both cases. Helmut =========== #include <iostream> template<int m, int n> void f(double a[m][n]) { std::cout << "m=" << m << " n=" << n << std::endl; }; int main() { double a[2][3]; f(a); return 0; } -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] Helmut Zeisel wrote: > Why does the code below not compile? > > VC 2010 says > > error C2784: 'void f(double [m][n])' : could not deduce template > argument for 'double [m][n]' from 'double [2][3]' > > GCC 4.5.3 says > > error: no matching function for call to `f(double [2][3])' > > Explicitely saying f<2,3>(a) works in both cases. > > > Helmut > > =========== > > #include <iostream> > > template<int m, int n> void f(double a[m][n]) You are trying to pass an array by value, that's not possible, the [m] decays to a simple pointer and m can't be deduced. Notice th...

how to solve the Undefined function or method 'robot.m' for input arguments of type 'double'.
I am Mechanical engineering student. I had problem my final year project. I need help from Matlab users..my question is.. how to solve Undefined function or method 'robot.m' for input arguments of type 'double'?? what is type 'double' in the simulation diagnostics?? please help me..tq. "Mohd Firdaus " <mfirdausrahim86@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hl0qpi$b29$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am Mechanical engineering student. I had problem my final year project. I need help from Matlab users..my question is.. how to solve Undefined function or method...

{ n | !(n e f'(n) } = { n | !(n e g'(n) } SAME MISSING SUBSETS!!
> > There is no "correct" or "incorrect" in this. There are axioms, > > definitions and some inference rules and stuff like that. With that we > > set up a game called "set theory" and we play. Within these set of > > rules, axioms and etc. we've defined something called "cardinality of > > sets" and we've made some very nice and interesting theorems, proofs > > and more stuff. Don't want to play? Fair enough, go play something > > else. > > Want to play? Abide by the rules and don' try to d...

Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined
I need/want *bold smallcaps* for chapter titles in my thesis, so I do \Large\bfseries\scshape{Chapter Title} but I get this: > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined > (Font) using `OT1/cmr/bx/n' instead on input line 1. There is a package 'bold-extra' that is a work-around, but I am not happy with it because: a. it is a work-around, b. it gives rough chainsaw-like edges to the letters, c. it makes the letters slightly bolder than they should be. Any better solutions than 'bold-extra' for my problem? Regards, George O...

'reload M' doesn't update 'from M inport *'
I develop in an IDLE window. Module M says 'from service import *'. Next I correct a mistake in function 'service.f'. Now 'service.f' works fine. I do 'reload (service); reload (M)'. The function 'M.f' still misbehaves. 'print inspect.getsource (service.f)' and 'print inspect.getsource (M.f)' shows the same corrected code. 'print service.f' and 'print M.f' show different ids. So I do 'del M; reload (M)'. Nothing changes. I delete M again and run gc.collect () to really clean house. I relo...

Hello I'm a Mac, hello I'm Windows and I'm laid off
http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/crgva/2009/crgva090125.gif -- If we wish to reduce our ignorance, there are people we will indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or less by definition, *promote* ignorance. Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008 "Terry Porter" <linux-2@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:HfednU32t_OVbB3UnZ2dnUVZ_hWWnZ2d@netspace.net.au... > > http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/crgva/2009/crgva090125.gif > Does that make you happy somehow? amicus_curious wrote: > > "Terry Porter" <linux-...

Controlling the text in plot 'xyz' title 'text'

I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until
I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! I'll keep pestering until I'm given a proper answer!!!!!! On Nov 1, 1:17 pm, fl...@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.mod...

I'm trying for the fourth and in the subject I'm openly saying that I haven't got the message yet as I'm writing this
A new mug, with white fresh A700 with writing on it with some light grey letters - Love the twenny!!! --+-- narayan --+-- ...

What's this Font
Hello ... please, i'm desperate ... does anyone know what font is it ? http://www.sunsetcafe.biz/font.jpg it's not Humanist ... Futura .... etc.etc. they look SIMILAR ... but none of them is IDENTICAL to that one. I need the precise name and font-family :-( Thank you so much !!!!!!! Ste p.s are all these words written with the same font ? maybe a bit stretched here and there ? or they used different fonts ? Hello: I think it's Humanst521 bold (perhaps narrow or condensed, o just with less kerning) whith some vertical stretch. Roc "Stefano" <stefano_nori@...

??? Undefined function or variable 'N'.
Hello all, I keep getting "??? Undefined function or variable 'N'." when I try to use any optimization technique for following function. I guess there is something wrong with my function declaration. Any help is highly appreciated. function [fx]=myfun(D,N,d) fx = (10^4) * (N+2) * D * d^2 ; d = 0.001:0.1:2.00 N = 2.000:1:15.000 D = 0.025:0.1:1.500 "Reza Gh" <reza-ghaf@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message <flim0h$om0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello all, > I keep getting "??? Undefined function or variable 'N'." > when I...

Why 'a plurality of N' must be used for 'N' in patent claims
Hi, Why 'a plurality of N' or 'the plurality of N' must be used fo 'N' in patent claims? What is the difference between them? I found all patents I have checked if a number N (>0, or >1) is used, 'a plurality of N' or 'the plurality of N' must be used. I checked with English disctionanry and still don't get any clue. Thank you. Weng wtxwtx@gmail.com writes: > Why 'a plurality of N' or 'the plurality of N' must be used fo 'N' in > patent claims? Because patents are written to be legal documents, not engineer...

M'I`5'Persecutio n ' B ernard Lev in expr esses h is vie ws
The article of which part is reproduced below. was penned by Bernard Levin for the Features section of the Times on 21 September 1991. To my. mind, it described the situation at the time and in particular a. recent meeting with a friend, during. which I for the first time admitted to someone other than my GP that I had. been subjected to a conspiracy of harassment over the previous. year and a half. >There is a madman running loose. about London, called David Campbell; I have >no reason to. believe that he is violent, but he should certainly be >approached with caution. You may know...

how to insert 'artificial' text with font-lock
What I want to accomplish is that font-lock, besides putting a face on certain part of the buffer, also inserts text just for display, i.e. text which is not part of the underlying file. E.g. I want that every occurrence of the literal string "(C)" is displayed with the face adoc-replacement, followed by an inserted copy right sign "\u00A9". This is the font lock keyword I tried, but it doesn't work. It applies the face, but doesn't insert the text. (list "\\((C)\\)" '(1 '(face adoc-replacement after-string "\u00A9"))) The next quest...

Font sizes in 'rich text' control
I have run into a problem with the new rich text control in Access 2007. It seems that you can only choose from 6 preset font sizes when entering or editing text. The sizes are 8,10,12,14,18,24,36, which as I understand it, corresponds to Font Size=1 through Font Size = 6 in HTML. Is there any way around this. I have a need to display the data at 46pt, and also to make fine discriminations in font size depending on the data displayed. Is there some other way to tell HTML to display a font size? Is there some way to overcome these limits in Access 2007? Thanks in advance for your h...

laying out text into an 'L' shaped space.
Is there any way using HTML 4.01 of wrapping text and other inline elements into an 'L' or 'C' shaped space in a table - i.e. telling the browser that a series of table cells which don't form a square, line, or rectangle should all be considered as part of the same inline block? What i want it for is I'm using a two column table to display a series of images with text, and I want the images opposite the centre of each text section, with the text sections overlapping each other side to side when they're taller than the image, so that there isn't too mu...

Notation: R(a,k) denotes the rising factorial a(a+1)...(a+k-1 ...the certificate being 2 2 2 (5 m - 12 m p - 2 m + 8 p + 3 n m - n
Notation: R(a,k) denotes the rising factorial a(a+1)...(a+k-1 ...the certificate being 2 2 2 (5 m - 12 m p - 2 m + 8 p + 3 n m - n - 4 n p + 1 + 4 p) n -------------------------------------------------------------, QED . ... Musatov ...

how to make a^m*a^n a^(m+n)?
what type m,n should be? ths. In article <ceda2b68-5804-4b62-a584-229521edc0df@w1g2000prk.googlegroups.com>, Robin <cnliym@gmail.com> wrote: > what type m,n should be? > ths. if x:=a^m*a^n, then simplify(x,algebraic) is a^(m+n) . But notice: a=-1, m=n=1/3, then a^m*a^n is not equal to a^(m+n) using Maple's choice of branches. -- G. A. Edgar http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/ G. A. Edgar skrev: > In article > <ceda2b68-5804-4b62-a584-229521edc0df@w1g2000prk.googlegroups.com>, > Robin <cnliym@gmail...

Why I'm here, why I'm leaving
I'm here because one of the best ways to learn new things is to friendly argue with people that think differently. I like exchanging ideas with people that propose new things, even "noisy" things. I have been frequently stimulated precisely by some unortodox ideas, coming from people that think things that my mind would not spontaneously think. Friendly disagreement is enjoyable and intellectually stimulating, and often leads both arguers to an understanding of the subject that no one had before. It is an opportunity of growth, for both arguers and most readers. Friendly disagre...

Why I'm in the situation that I'm in...
....even my relatives are talking to me in code and have betrayed me. The reason. As you see, someone else can come in, using my name, and post = similarly insulting stuff to what I've said. The reason why *I* am the one= who has been tortured, abused, stalked, attemptedly-discredited, isolated,= and cut off from law enforcement personnel is: > there are companies that stole from me > they want to keep what they stole without paying for it > these companies have the corrupt Republican party in their pocket > the Republican party is doing their bidding and ...

Help, I don't know how to do that:" Write a program using 'for' loops for high order matrices (n*m) in matlab
Help, I don't know how to do that:" Write a program using 'for' loops to determine multiplication, addition and subtraction of high order matrices (n*m) in MATLAB Hemkesh wrote: > Help, I don't know how to do that:" Write a program using 'for' loops > to determine multiplication, addition and subtraction of high order > matrices (n*m) in MATLAB You don't know how to post in the right group either. BugBear Hemkesh wrote: > Help, I don't know how to do that:" Write a program using 'for' loops > to determine multiplicat...

what does the call symput do below, specifically the argument 'var'||left(n) and 'typ'||left(n)
data _null_; set est end=eof; what does the call symput do below, specifically the argument 'var'|| left(n) and 'typ'||left(n)? if _name_ ne ' ' then do; n+1; call symput('var'||left(n),_name_); call symput('typ'||left(n),_type_); end; if eof then call symput('n',n); run; On Mar 16, 3:50=A0pm, barry.brian.barr...@gmail.com wrote: > =A0data _null_; > > =A0 set est end=3Deof; > > what does the call symput do below, specifically the argument 'var'|| > left...

Web resources about - Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined - comp.text.tex