Forcing text to end of document

Hi all,

I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the
figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document.
Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard,
forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and
table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way
to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally,
at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any
quick help.

Thanks,

Gaurav Pandey
PhD student, University of Minnesota

In article
<b9092af4-8e12-4ce7-9d8f-ba53f7c9b3d5@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
 Gaurav <Pandey.Gaurav@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the
> figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document.
> Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard,
> forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and
> table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way
> to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally,
> at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any
> quick help.

You don't say what you've tried, but the following might get you going:
(the lipsum package isn't necessary, but just produces some text to fill
up the space.)

Alan

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[nofiglist, notablist]{endfloat}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\begin{document}
\section{Main stuff}
\lipsum[1]
\begin{table}
\caption{This is a table}
\begin{tabular}{cc}
A & table
\end{tabular}
\end{table}
\lipsum[2]
\begin{figure}
\rule{3cm}{2in}
\caption{This is a figure}
\end{figure}
\lipsum[3]
\processdelayedfloats
\section{Additional stuff}
\lipsum[4]
\end{document}
0
amunn (406)
10/14/2008 8:51:01 PM
Thanks for your response. I am looking for a more straightforward way
to do this, if possible. Right now, my document layout looks like this
(only the relevant part):

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\section*{Tables}
Latex source for the tables I have (this works fine)
\section*{Figures}
Latex source for the figures I have (this works fine)
\section*{Final text}
Here, I have to place the text that should appear after the tables and
figures. However, simply using this format places this text between
some of the figures.
\end{document}

I need some way of placing the "Final text" section at the end of the
document. Please suggest ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Gaurav

On Oct 14, 3:51 pm, Alan Munn <am...@msu.edu> wrote:
> In article
> <b9092af4-8e12-4ce7-9d8f-ba53f7c9b...@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  Gaurav <Pandey.Gau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the
> > figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document.
> > Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard,
> > forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and
> > table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way
> > to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally,
> > at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any
> > quick help.
>
> You don't say what you've tried, but the following might get you going:
> (the lipsum package isn't necessary, but just produces some text to fill
> up the space.)
>
> Alan
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[nofiglist, notablist]{endfloat}
> \usepackage{lipsum}
> \begin{document}
> \section{Main stuff}
> \lipsum[1]
> \begin{table}
> \caption{This is a table}
> \begin{tabular}{cc}
> A & table
> \end{tabular}
> \end{table}
> \lipsum[2]
> \begin{figure}
> \rule{3cm}{2in}
> \caption{This is a figure}
> \end{figure}
> \lipsum[3]
> \processdelayedfloats
> \section{Additional stuff}
> \lipsum[4]
> \end{document}

In article
<a282301c-ab2c-4abc-aec2-6349a965d79b@c36g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
 Gaurav <Pandey.Gaurav@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 3:51 pm, Alan Munn <am...@msu.edu> wrote:
> > In article
> > <b9092af4-8e12-4ce7-9d8f-ba53f7c9b...@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  Gaurav <Pandey.Gau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> >
> > > I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the
> > > figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document.
> > > Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard,
> > > forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and
> > > table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way
> > > to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally,
> > > at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any
> > > quick help.
> >
> > You don't say what you've tried, but the following might get you going:
> > (the lipsum package isn't necessary, but just produces some text to fill
> > up the space.)
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > \documentclass{article}
> > \usepackage[nofiglist, notablist]{endfloat}
> > \usepackage{lipsum}
> > \begin{document}
> > \section{Main stuff}
> > \lipsum[1]
> > \begin{table}
> > \caption{This is a table}
> > \begin{tabular}{cc}
> > A & table
> > \end{tabular}
> > \end{table}
> > \lipsum[2]
> > \begin{figure}
> > \rule{3cm}{2in}
> > \caption{This is a figure}
> > \end{figure}
> > \lipsum[3]
> > \processdelayedfloats
> > \section{Additional stuff}
> > \lipsum[4]
> > \end{document}

> Thanks for your response. I am looking for a more straightforward way
> to do this, if possible. Right now, my document layout looks like this
> (only the relevant part):
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \begin{document}
> \section*{Tables}
> Latex source for the tables I have (this works fine)
> \section*{Figures}
> Latex source for the figures I have (this works fine)
> \section*{Final text}
> Here, I have to place the text that should appear after the tables and
> figures. However, simply using this format places this text between
> some of the figures.
> \end{document}
>
> I need some way of placing the "Final text" section at the end of the
> document. Please suggest ideas.

I'm not sure what about my solution isn't straightforward.

But maybe you just shouldn't wrap your tables and figures \begin{table}
.... \end{table} or \begin{figure} ... \end{figure} environments.  Then
they won't float at all.

So for each of your tables/figures just remove the wrapping environment.

Alan
0
amunn (406)
10/14/2008 9:51:09 PM
On Oct 14, 5:51=A0pm, Alan Munn <am...@msu.edu> wrote:
> In article
> <a282301c-ab2c-4abc-aec2-6349a965d...@c36g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0Gaurav <Pandey.Gau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Oct 14, 3:51 pm, Alan Munn <am...@msu.edu> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <b9092af4-8e12-4ce7-9d8f-ba53f7c9b...@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,

> > Thanks for your response. I am looking for a more straightforward way
> > to do this, if possible. Right now, my document layout looks like this
> > (only the relevant part):

<snip>

> > \documentclass{article}
> > \begin{document}
> > \section*{Tables}
> > Latex source for the tables I have (this works fine)
> > \section*{Figures}
> > Latex source for the figures I have (this works fine)
> > \section*{Final text}
> > Here, I have to place the text that should appear after the tables and
> > figures. However, simply using this format places this text between
> > some of the figures.
> > \end{document}
>
> > I need some way of placing the "Final text" section at the end of the
> > document. Please suggest ideas.

<snip>

Try just adding a \clearpage command right before the final text
section.  This should tell LaTeX to place all floats before going on
to the next section.  Course this way you may end up with some blank
space after the last figure.

David
0
telletdl99 (17)

text + text

text-text

How do I Copy an error message to a text document, as text?
How do I Copy an error message to a text editor document (BBEdit, to be specific) as just plain text (what I see in the notebook cell)? I think I've now tried every possible Copy and Copy As . . . option in the Mac front end menus for Mathematica 4.2, with the text selected and with the cell bracket selected; and every one of them (fourteen cases in all) gives me a messy version of the error message with a bunch of formatting markup stuff inserted. Frustrating!!! Seigman: Yasvir was correct in copying Input and Output Forms to plaintext. However, that is not the M...

How to select all texts of the document of the format of the selected text?
Hi,i have selected a text of the document with the specified font face, color and size in MS Word 2000. Now , I want to select all the relevant texts from the entire document with the same format(face,color and size) as of the selected text. so Is there any method or shortcut to do this op.? Not really. You have to "walk" the document checking the styles as you go along. And You have to watch out for cases where the style changes in the middle of a word (!) and code accordingly to get the desired results. chetan26nov@gmail.com wrote: > Hi,i have selected a text of the documen...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

text 2 text

Pages

How can you get a form to display text from an external text document?
How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and put it into a label? Also is it possible to change the text in the text document? Thank you. Hi James, You need to read the text file line by line, concatenate the lines together and then assign it to the caption of the label. Check out the Line Input # statement in Help. HTH Martin "James" <jas4@thanet.ac.uk> wrote in message news:1102928059.579651.251840@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and > put it into a label? Also is it possib...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style text the thing does get a double box size but still appears smaller StyleBox[FractionBox[x, y], FontSize -> 18] // DisplayForm shows it larger. there are a few ways you can wrap stylebox around every FractionBox whenever FractionBox is input or whenever it's output. see InputAutoReplacements for one way. Another way is to make FractionBox function yourself (call the orig. one but wrap it). Again there may be a Global Option for BoxData or RowBox I can't find that, using Style Text, chooses a bigger font. HOWEVER. If I change from Text style to Input it is changed: my 1/2 is fully double sized again automatically. ** I'd say pop open the Style Sheet and see where the difference is there ** sorry if that didn't help ...

text widget must follow end of text only if associated scrollbar is at bottom
I've created a text widget using Tcl/Tk 8.3.5 (can't use a different version) with wrapping enabled. The text widget has an associated scrollbar. Text gets continuously appended to the end. I'd like to be able have the text widget keep the last character appended within view as long as the scroll bar is at the bottom. If the scroll bar is not at the bottom (e.g. the bottom of the text is not within view), then the text widget would not change the visible text until the user dragged the scrollbar to the bottom of the text (or the bottom of the text became visible some other way)...

REXML feature request: XPath.match.text & better text documentation

HELP: Need text output for a .tex document
I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I need to get a TEXT equivalent of the output (rather than the normal dvi -> Postscript). It is of type article and doesnt do anything exciting, just uses things like center and the list environment. Im sure that this is possible, its just been SO long since I had to do anything like this. Please, someone, how do I do this. -- Reg.Clemens reg@dwf.com Reg Clemens wrote: > I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I ...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

ZZZZ New text 1/1 New Text Document.txt (0/1) 18
Wooo hoooo!!!!1 why are you testing here!! use another group please. Ed *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Congratulations.....I think? :-) David Hodgkins, MCSD, MCDBA, MCSE JSTAR Software Solutions 4402 Sweet Cherry Ln. Kalamazoo, MI 49004 www.jstarsoftware.com - Home of AutoCompact for Access Databases 269-382-2931 ...

ZZZZ New text 1/1 New Text Document.txt (1/1) 18
begin 644 New Text Document.txt 26EI:6EI:6B!);2!S<&5C:6%L ` end ...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

Text disappearing from text fields...
Hello, I'm currently working with a MySQL backend and is trying to use FileMaker 9's Web Form capabilities as a front end. From FileMaker Pro's interface, I have used the ODBC to connect my FileMaker database to my MySQL tables. The schema and existing data records loads into FileMaker without a problem. However, when I'm trying to insert text (VARCHAR and TEXT) data from FileMaker, it blanks out and ends up only inserting a blank into MySQL. Default values set on the MySQL side only take effect if I left that field blank on FileMaker when I create a new record. Default field...

Text recognition and Text to speech
I'm working on a project for Blind assistance using OCR and TTS . if you can help with the CODES needed for both phases of text recognition and text to speech conversion ...

text field only for text
Hi I would like some help about the following : I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I limit this situation ? So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. TIA Paulo "Paulo Rodrigues" <amigo.alf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:<newscache$kgmtmh$bb1$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt>... > Hi > > I would like some help about the following : > > I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I > limit > this situation ? > > So far, I couldn't...

text file not mac text
please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. I remember 'forked files' but no details...... Is there a II utilty to 'convert' a mac text file to acceptable II ascii text? thanks. cornelio <cornelio@san.rr.com> wrote: > please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII > text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. > I remember 'forked files' but no details...... > > Is there a II utilty to '...

Web resources about - Forcing text to end of document - comp.text.tex

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

Islamic State document leak: Australian computer engineer identified on list of volunteer suicide bombers ...
An Australian would-be suicide bomber is among tens of thousands of Islamic State jihadists whose details have been leaked by a disgruntled former ...

Google commissions award-winning filmmakers to document the private race to the Moon [Video]
If you’ve ever been bored and felt like putting together some kind of tech project, Google suggested one back in 2007 – and there’s still time ...

Discuss the Office documents you share Skype comes to OneDrive
... and now there is another instance of the technology being leveraged. Skype is now being rolled into Office Online so when you share a document ...

Microsoft, Amazon file legal document in support of Apple's FBI fight
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) are among technology industry powerhouses that this week filed a legal document in support ...

Yahoo is ready to talk about a deal and is asking potential buyers to sign confidentiality documents
For months, a few big companies and financial firms have expressed interest in acquiring Yahoo, while the internet company has tried its best ...

3 amendments that resulted in bank rally - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
More than the Budget announcement, it took an action from the central bank to revive the markets. Equity markets ended on a negative note on ...

Documents appear to reveal info on dozens of ISIS recruits
Germans confirm big intel haul, as opposition group publishes 144 apparent ISIS application forms many including from "martyrdom" seekers

ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details
CNN International ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details CNN International Syrian pro-government forces gather ...

Michigan governor releases more Flint emails, documents
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday released another 4,400 pages of his executive office's emails and documents related ...