fourier.sty installation on MiKTeX

Here are the revised step for installing fourier on MiKTeX:

0. Log on as administrator.
1. Unzip the archive and put everything into its appropriate subdirectory of
C:\localtexmf
2. If it doesn't already exist, create the file
C:\localtexmf\web2c\updmap.cfg and insert the lines

# fourier
Map fourier.map                      #localtexmf\dvips\fourier\fourier.map
Map fourier-utopia-expert.map
#localtexmf\dvips\fourier\fourier-utopia-expert.map

3. Update the fndb.
4. Execute the command 'updmap --mkmaps'

Still can't view dvi files, though. What's the reason?

Any improvements?

Thanks to Mortem Hogholm, http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.miktex/1254

Walter Kehowski

0
wkehowski (127)

walter a kehowski wrote:
> Still can't view dvi files, though. What's the reason?
>
> Any improvements?

Hi,

What says Yap when you try t open a dvi ?? (I've miktex + fourier and i
can see dvi !)

Regards,

--
oups

mail : http://oupsinet.free.fr/mail.html

0
oups
1/8/2004 6:18:34 AM
Le 8/01/04 6:20, dans PM5Lb.18871$7D3.14034@fed1read02, ��walter a
kehowski�� <wkehowski@cox.net> a �crit�:

> Still can't view dvi files, though. What's the reason?

I don't know! One reports to me that on miktex, the updmap way is
convenient, even for Yap configuration, *provided* that the afm files
(utopia and fourier) were installed too in the (local)texmf tree.

Are you sure you have installed the afm files (putr8a.afm, eg) ?

--
Michel Bovani

Here's my error message --

Making PK font:
C:\PROGRA~1\MiKTeX\miktex\bin\makepk.exe --verbose fourier-ml 331 300
1+31/300 deskjet
name: fourier-ml, dpi=331, bdpi=300, mag=1+31/300, mode=deskjet
makemf --verbose fourier-ml
cannot find fourier-ml source file.
ttf2pk -q -n fourier-ml 331
hbf2gf -q -p fourier-ml 331
Creating fourier-ml.pk...
ps2pk -v  -X331  fourier-ml.pfb fourier-ml.pk
makepk: cannot add 'fourier-ml.pk' to the file name database

'cmr10' not loadable either!

and my minimal test file

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{\jobname}
%\makeindex
\begin{document}
\thispagestyle{empty}

Einstein mass-energy formula: $E = m c^2$ or
$$
E = m c^2
$$

\end{document}

I processed my file again and didn't get the above error-message for
fourier-ml but got one for fourier-mcl! Processed my latex file a couple of
times (one more error message) and now I don't get any error messages and
can view through dvi. I have no idea why this sequence of events has taken
place -- it's been awhile since I added any fonts to my distribution. The
line

makepk: cannot add 'fourier-ml.pk' to the file name database

seems important. The upshot is I can now view dvi but don't know if I'll get