framed.sty + chngpage.sty + float.sty

dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages
framed, cngpage, and float.  I would like to have floats that are style
"float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the
marginparwidth.  alas, I can get floats with colored background, or
floats which extend into the marginparwidth, but not both.  this is
easy to show with the latex segment below.  (if there is a more
advanced package out there that has more features than float.sty that
cover this, please let me know and ignore this post.)  any help would
be appreciated.

sincerely,

/ivo welch

\documentclass[12pt]{book}

\setlength{\textwidth}{4in}  % make it more obvious

\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{chngpage}
\usepackage{framed}\definecolor{shadecolor}{gray}{0.75}

\makeatletter

% we need to redefine float@end to extend the table-rules.  thanks to
morten hogholm.
\renewcommand\float@end{\@endfloatbox
  \ifdim\linewidth<\columnwidth
    \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\columnwidth
  \else
    \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\linewidth
  \fi
  \let\@endfloatbox\relax\end@float}

\makeatother

\floatstyle{ruled} \restylefloat{table}

\newif\ifuseshaded \useshadedtrue  % set this to false to show that it
works w/o framed

\begin{document}

\marginpar{\footnotesize this is a marginal note to text.}
some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some
text.

\begin{table}[H]
  \begin{adjustwidth}{}{-\marginparwidth}
\ifuseshaded    \begin{shaded} \fi
    \caption{A Table}
    this is a table that I wish to extend into the margin.  it works
well
    as long as shaded is not set.
\ifuseshaded    \end{shaded} \fi
  \end{adjustwidth}
\end{table}

\marginpar{\footnotesize this is a marginal note to text.}
some more text. some more text. some more text. some more text. some
more
text. some more text.

\end{document}

0
ivowel (414)

ivowel@gmail.com wrote:
> dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages
> framed, cngpage, and float.  I would like to have floats that are style
> "float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the
> marginparwidth.  alas, I can get floats with colored background, or
> floats which extend into the marginparwidth, but not both.  this is
> easy to show with the latex segment below.  (if there is a more
> advanced package out there that has more features than float.sty that
> cover this, please let me know and ignore this post.)  any help would
> be appreciated.
>
> sincerely,
>
> /ivo welch
>

> \documentclass[12pt]{book}
>
> \setlength{\textwidth}{4in}  % make it more obvious
>
> \usepackage{color}
> \usepackage{float}
> \usepackage{chngpage}
> \usepackage{framed}\definecolor{shadecolor}{gray}{0.75}
>
> \makeatletter
>
> % we need to redefine float@end to extend the table-rules.  thanks to
> morten hogholm.
> \renewcommand\float@end{\@endfloatbox
>   \ifdim\linewidth<\columnwidth
>     \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\columnwidth
>   \else
>     \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\linewidth
>   \fi
>   \let\@endfloatbox\relax\end@float}
>
> \makeatother
>
> \floatstyle{ruled} \restylefloat{table}
>

> \newif\ifuseshaded \useshadedtrue  % set this to false to show that it
> works w/o framed
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \marginpar{\footnotesize this is a marginal note to text.}
> some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some
> text.
>
> \begin{table}[H]
>   \begin{adjustwidth}{}{-\marginparwidth}
> \ifuseshaded    \begin{shaded} \fi
>     \caption{A Table}
>     this is a table that I wish to extend into the margin.  it works
> well
>     as long as shaded is not set.
> \ifuseshaded    \end{shaded} \fi
>   \end{adjustwidth}
> \end{table}
>
> \marginpar{\footnotesize this is a marginal note to text.}
> some more text. some more text. some more text. some more text. some
> more
> text. some more text.
>

> \end{document}

no idea what is going on there, but a simple fix could be

\begin{minipage}{\linewidth}
\begin{shaded}
\end{shaded}
\end{minipage}

At least my testing shows that it seems to work.

--

/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address)

LaTeX FAQ:      http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
LaTeX book:     http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/    (in Danish)
Remember to post minimal examples, see URL below
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl
0
daleif2 (2648)
9/22/2006 4:17:59 PM
"ivowel@gmail.com" <ivowel@gmail.com> writes:

> dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages
> framed, cngpage, and float.  I would like to have floats that are style
> "float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the
> marginparwidth.

I think there is a package for such wider floats, without the need
for chngpage.  In a float, there's no reason to use {framed} either
because you don't have page breaks.

I expect chngpage isn't altering \hsize, which seems odd.  But
then {adjustwidth} is just a list environment.

I would have done

\leftline{\colorbox{shade}{\begin{minipage}{\fullwidth}
\end{minipage}}}

using macros from chngpage to select leftline or rightline,
or equivalent \hspace.

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0

regards,

/ivo

\newsavebox{\exhibitcontentbox}

\newenvironment{makeexhibitcontentbox}{
  \begin{lrbox}{\exhibitcontentbox}%argument is the name of the box
    \begin{minipage}{\fullwidth}% was columnwidth
    }%
    %%%%%
    {
    \end{minipage}%
  \end{lrbox}%
  \global\sbox\exhibitcontentbox{\usebox\exhibitcontentbox}
}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\newenvironment{mytable}{
  \begin{table}[htpbH]%
    \begin{makeexhibitcontentbox}%
    }
    {%
    \end{makeexhibitcontentbox}%
    \checkoddpage%
    \ifcpoddpage%
    \else%
    \hspace*{-1in}% <-- too late.  I need to move the whole float left,
not just the box contents.
    \fi%
    \colorbox{shadecolor}{\usebox{\exhibitcontentbox}}%
  \end{table}
}

Donald Arseneau wrote:
> "ivowel@gmail.com" <ivowel@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages
> > framed, cngpage, and float.  I would like to have floats that are style
> > "float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the
> > marginparwidth.
>
> I think there is a package for such wider floats, without the need
> for chngpage.  In a float, there's no reason to use {framed} either
> because you don't have page breaks.
>
> I expect chngpage isn't altering \hsize, which seems odd.  But
> then {adjustwidth} is just a list environment.
>
> I would have done
>
> \leftline{\colorbox{shade}{\begin{minipage}{\fullwidth}
> \end{minipage}}}
>
> using macros from chngpage to select leftline or rightline,
> or equivalent \hspace.
>

> --
> Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca

0
ivowel (414)
9/23/2006 12:21:56 AM
"ivowel@gmail.com" <ivowel@gmail.com> writes:

> further "small" problems (well, one big, one tiny).  I need to figure
> out how to get a ruled float that begins not at the leftmargin, but at
> the leftmargin minus length x.

Do you mean ruled float as in one defined by float.sty and
\restylefloat?

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)
9/23/2006 1:06:34 AM
exactly.

Donald Arseneau wrote:
> "ivowel@gmail.com" <ivowel@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > further "small" problems (well, one big, one tiny).  I need to figure
> > out how to get a ruled float that begins not at the leftmargin, but at
> > the leftmargin minus length x.
>
> Do you mean ruled float as in one defined by float.sty and
> \restylefloat?
>

> --
> Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca

0
ivowel (414)
9/23/2006 1:47:16 PM
hi don:  can I beg you for some help here?

regards,

/iaw

Donald Arseneau wrote:
> "ivowel@gmail.com" <ivowel@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > further "small" problems (well, one big, one tiny).  I need to figure
> > out how to get a ruled float that begins not at the leftmargin, but at
> > the leftmargin minus length x.
>
> Do you mean ruled float as in one defined by float.sty and
> \restylefloat?
>

> --
> Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca

0
ivowel (414)

color.sty, xcolor.sty, pstricks.sty relationship
Here's the situation. A document, run off on a version of LaTeX about five years old, uses color.sty and pstricks.sty. Works fine. Run off on a current version of LaTeX, it also works fine. However, the DVI output is completely different, and when converted to PostScript, the resulting PS file is also completely different. The printed output appears to be the same--but how can I tell for certain? Also, looking at the LaTeX log shows that color.sty is no longer being loaded at all. Has it been subsumed into xcolor.sty? Finally, looking at the PS files, it appears that one promi...

Are framed.sty and changepage.sty compatible? Or is there a work around?
Hi I want to use both framed.sty (to allow page breaks to occur in framed material) and changepage.sty (so I can get marginal material in the correct margin). But they don't seem to be compatible. More exactly, if I use \checkoddpage inside a framed environment I sometime get the wrong answer. It seems that so far as changepage.sty is concerned, the whole of the framed material is either recto or verso (whereas it can be a combination of both). -- Jonathan Am 30.08.2012 17:37, schrieb jfine: > Hi > > I want to use both framed.sty (to allow page breaks to occur in framed material) and changepage.sty (so I can get marginal material in the correct margin). But they don't seem to be compatible. > > More exactly, if I use \checkoddpage inside a framed environment I sometime get the wrong answer. It seems that so far as changepage.sty is concerned, the whole of the framed material is either recto or verso (whereas it can be a combination of both). > Try the package "marginnote" instead of \marginpar. ....Rolf On Friday, August 31, 2012 1:57:53 AM UTC+1, Rolf Niepraschk wrote: > Am 30.08.2012 17:37, schrieb jfine: > > > Hi > > > > > > I want to use both framed.sty (to allow page breaks to occur in > > framed material) and changepage.sty (so I can get marginal material in > > the correct margin). But they don't seem to be compatibl...

fourier.sty and bm.sty
Hi, I just found out that bm.sty doesn't work with fourier.sty. If I call bm before fourier, I ended up with bold italic symbols in CM font. If I call bm after fourier, I ended up with poorman's bold math symbols. However, I'm able to declare a new math fonts \mathbfit, as suggested by the author, by \DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathbfit}{T1}{fut\mathfamilyextension}{bx}{it} and get the real bold italic math symbols in Utopia font, as I want. Did I do anything wrong or fourier and bm are not compatible. Thanks, Xiaotian Xiaotian Sun schrieb: > > If I > call bm after...

incalc.sty, kvsetkeys.sty and packages for use with (e)TeX
Hello Mr Oberdiek, 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd defined after the end of the input. Your packages generally starts with: \TMP@EnsureCode... \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax (or \noexpand\@undefined). 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible to know if a package is loaded by \RequirePackage or via \input or \InputIfFileExits (may be the file stack contain some information) but if you: \input intcalc.sty\relax in a LaTeX document you get either: LaTeX Warning: You have requested package `', but the package provides `intcalc'. Or: ! LaTeX Error: Can be used only in preamble. The fact that each line conciensciously end with % makes me think that that file could be loaded anywhere... But i admit this 2) point is also a question of design. Best regards. GL <gouailles@gmail.com> wrote: > 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd > defined after the end of the input. > > Your packages generally starts with: > \TMP@EnsureCode... > \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } > > May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax > (or \noexpand\@undefined). I have added it (\@undefined) for the packages that define `\...@AtEnd' with a final `\endinput' at least. > 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible > to know if a...

timest.sty + mathpazo.sty
I've read a few posts recently in which knowldegeable contributors recommend not to use times.sty (any more(?)). However only one month ago I have prepared a non-maths document for my girlfriend (about a project for an exposition of dolls, FWIW) which included in the preamble the following packages[1]: \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{textcomp} \usepackage[italian]{babel} \usepackage[italian]{SIunits} \usepackage{times} \usepackage{mathpazo} \usepackage{pifont} \usepackage{wasysym} \usepackage{multicol} mathpazo.sty was there mostly because even if the ...

avm.sty conflicts with arydshln.sty
Hi All, I'm trying to use arydshln.sty and avm.sty together in one document, but it seems the combination is causing a conflict. A minimal example: ========================================================================= \documentclass[11pt]{scrartcl} \usepackage{avm} \usepackage{arydshln} % tables with dashed lines \begin{document} \begin{avm} \[one\\ two\] \end{avm} \bigskip \begin{tabular}{|l:l|l|} \hline one & two & three\\ four & five & six\\ \hline \end{tabular} \end{document} ===========================================...

Using everyshi.sty with multicol.sty
I am finishing up typesetting a book with Latex, and have managed to implement just about all of the recommendations of the copy-editor and designer -- but I couldn't manage to automate one thing. As requested by the press, I am using everyshi.sty in the indexes in order to print a line that says "foo (cont.)" in the first column of every verso page that continues an index heading from the page before. I have added an \EveryShipout hook that checks the page number and the marks set in the .ind files (using extramarks.sty), and prints the necessary "cont." line as first...

Incompatibility of endfloat.sty with tikz.sty
As I think at least the maintainer of endfloat.sty is reading here, I re-post this from the german TeX newsgroup. There seems to be an incompatibility of the tikz und endfloat packages. In this example, endfloat breaks tikz transparency and patterns: \listfiles \documentclass{article} \usepackage{tikz} \usetikzlibrary{patterns} \usepackage{endfloat}% comment out for testing \begin{document} \begin{figure} \begin{tikzpicture} \draw[fill=yellow] (0,0) rectangle (5,3); \draw[fill=red,opacity=0.5] (1,1) rectangle +(1,1); \draw[pattern=crosshatch] (3,1) rectangle +(1...

preview.sty conflicting with amsmath.sty
Hello, I would like to use preview.sty with amsmath.sty. I have the following document: \documentclass{slides} \usepackage[active,tightpage,textmath,displaymath]{preview} \usepackage{amsmath} \begin{document} \large .... and I get the following error when I run LaTeX. Anyone know if this can be fixed somehow... ? $ latex symbols.tex This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009/Debian) entering extended mode (./symbols.tex LaTeX2e <2009/09/24> Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh yphenation, loaded. (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/slides.cls Document Class: slides 1997/08/15 v2.3z Standard LaTeX document class (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/slides.def hacks, slides, picture, mods, output, init) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/ sfonts.def (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/ot1lcmss.fd))) (./ preview.sty) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsmath.sty For additional information on amsmath, use the `?' option. (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amstext.sty (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsgen.sty)) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsbsy.sty) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsopn.sty) ! LaTeX Error: Command \equation* already defined. Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual. See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation. Type H <return> for immediate help. ... l.2665 ...

Problem using pinyin.sty and pifont.sty
Using the hyperref package along with pinyin.sty conflicts. It turns out that hyperref calls pifont.sty which redefines the \ding macro and ends up in the following message: ,---- | *hyperref using default driver hpdftex* | (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def | (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/pifont.sty | | ! LaTeX Error: Command \ding already defined. | Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual. | | See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation. | Type H <return> for immediate help. | ... | | l.55 \newcommand{\ding}{\Pisymbol{pzd}} `---- One can easily get around this problem using \Ding and \DING instead of \ding and \Ding (like what is done for the \long macro). -- jlk ...

conflict between url.sty and html.sty (with pdfetex)?
I've noticed that some documents that compile without problems under the version of LaTeX I've been using don't compile under a newer version. Before I start trying to plow through .sty files, perhaps someone here will recognize this as a familiar problem and suggest a fix or workaround .... Here's a short example of such a document: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{url} \usepackage{html} \urldef{\BaseURL}\url{http://something.edu/} \begin{document} \noindent Here is a formatted URL: \url{http://something.edu/~username}. \end{document} Under the "old" version of LaTeX, this compiles without problems. Under the "new" version, I get the following error message: ! Undefined control sequence. \pdfmark@ ...e \space pdfmark}\else \Hy@colorlink {\@ifundefined {@\pdf@link... l.4 \urldef{\BaseURL}\url{http://something.edu/} If I comment out \usepackage{html.sty}, it again compiles okay under both versions. If I comment out the \urldef line, again no problems. "latex --version" for the "old" version reports TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159 kpathsea version 3.3.1 "latex --version" for the "new" version reports pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4) kpathsea version 3.5.4 I notice that url.sty has changed between versions, and that while html.sty doesn't seem to have done so, hyperref.sty (which is pul...

eqnarray.sty counter bug with amsmath.sty?
dear latex experts---I am not talking eqnarray, but eqnarray.sty (v1.3, dec 1 2010, texlive): I am using it for the nice \yesnumber functionality in another macro, but here is the distilled version. \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage{amsmath} %% if amsmath is included, then the equation counter no longer increments. \usepackage{eqnarray} \begin{document} \begin{equationarray*}{*{50}{c}} \yesnumber x &=& z \end{equationarray*} \begin{equationarray*}{*{50}{c}} \yesnumber x &=& z \end{equationarray*} \end{document} who is in charge of this package, so that I can bring this to the right attention. (I could not find an author in the .sty file.) /iaw On May 19, 7:52=A0pm, iaw4 <ivo...@gmail.com> wrote: > [ eqnarray ] > who is in charge of this package, so that I can bring this to the > right attention. =A0(I could not find an author in the .sty file.) texdoc eqnarray Regards, Marc van Dongen never heard back, so I presume it won't be fixed. just be aware of the interaction bug... On May 19, 2:52=A0pm, iaw4 <ivo...@gmail.com> wrote: > dear latex experts---I am not talking eqnarray, but eqnarray.sty > (v1.3, dec 1 2010, texlive): =A0I am using it for the nice \yesnumber > functionality in another macro, but here is the distilled version. > > \documentclass[12pt]{article} > > \usepackage{amsmath} =A0%% if amsmath is included, then the equation > counter no longer increments. > \use...

LaTeX2RTF vs. jurabib.sty/alphanum.sty
Hi. How can I transform .tex files into .rtf files if I use in LaTeX jurabib.sty and alphanum.sty. The references are wrong. Thanks in advance and kind regards. Friedrich -- Kinderl�rm ist Zukunftsmusik. ...

margin with float.sty? [tex companion]
Dear TeXperts: I just realized that I want to copy one feature of the TeX Companion. I have very large margins in my book, in which I set a variety of entertaining marginpar notes, similar to the LaTeX companion (ed2). Alas, as in the companion, I would like my figures and tables to extend farther out into the margin than ordinary text, because tables and figures don't need marginpar notes. (I also use a \floatstyle{ruled}.) Is there a package that accomplishes this painlessly? regards, /iaw ivowel@gmail.com schrieb: > Dear TeXperts: I just realized that I want to copy one feature of the > TeX Companion. I have very large margins in my book, in which I set a > variety of entertaining marginpar notes, similar to the LaTeX companion > (ed2). Alas, as in the companion, I would like my figures and tables > to extend farther out into the margin than ordinary text, because > tables and figures don't need marginpar notes. (I also use a > \floatstyle{ruled}.) > > Is there a package that accomplishes this painlessly? > Try to use \marginnote instead of \marginpar: ==> ftp://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/marginnote/ ....Rolf ivowel@gmail.com wrote: > as in the companion, I would like my figures and tables > to extend farther out into the margin than ordinary text, because > tables and figures don't need marginpar notes. I don't know of a package, but to perform such things in the past I&...

enumerate.sty (Carlisle) / paralist.sty (Schandl) question
Both David Carlisle's enumerate and Bernd Schandl's paralist packages allow an optional argument to the enumerate environment (and paralist allows one for various other list types) that modifies the formatting of the counter in the item label, e.g., \begin{enumerate}[E-I] will label successive items as E-I, E-II, etc., with the counter printed as \Roman, while \begin{enumerate}[$\Xi_1$] will label successive items as $\Xi_1$, $\Xi_2$, etc, with the counter printed as \arabic. For both packages, a \ref to an item recovers only the value of the counter, printed as \Alph,...,\arabic, as the case may be. Has anyone ever constructed a package (or used the hook in enumerate, or otherwise patched enumerate or paralist) to recover (either by \ref or by a purpose-built new command) the entire typeset label (e.g., E-II or $\Xi_3$, as above)? I can imagine one way to do it for cases of the first type (in which the added matter in the label is all prepended to the counter), but am not sure I am up to implementing even that, nor have I (yet?) imagined any way to do it for the general case (in which the counter is, possibly very deeply, embedded in the added matter): so if there *is* an extant solution, I'd be very grateful to see it here. Lee Rudolph Le 05/04/2013 02:59, Lee Rudolph a �crit : > Both David Carlisle's enumerate and Bernd Schandl's paralist > packages allow an optional argument to the enumerate environment > ...

Re: upload to Cambridge: cite.sty and overcite.sty
Donald Arseneau writes: > I have uploaded new versions of cite.sty and overcite.sty to > ftp.tex.ac.uk. They should replace the ones currently in > macros/latex/contrib/cite. > > overcite.sty is now just a stub, loading cite.sty with the [superscript] > option. > > 4.0: Combine overcite with cite: [superscript] = [super] option. Also add > [nocompress] option and \CiteMoveChars hook; multibib hooks. > 4.01 \bf -> \bfseries i've installed the packages replacing older versions in macros/latex/contrib/cite thanks for the upload. Robin Fairbair...

SIstyle.sty font problem with HA-Prosper.sty
Hi, I'm just testing the new SIstyle package and am having font problems when using it together with HA-Prosper: --8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8--- \listfiles \documentclass[pdf]{prosper} \usepackage[toc,highlight,HA]{HA-prosper} \usepackage{sistyle} % \begin{document} % \begin{slide}{foo} The result is \SI{1}{kg.m/s^2} some more text\ldots\par The result is {\sffamily \SI{1}{kg.m/s^2}} some more text\ldots \end{slide} % \end{document} --8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8--- Is there an easy way to adapt the comman...

url.sty and hyperref.sty: urls unbroken, poke into margin
Dear Folks, Exitedly I installed the latest url.sty, but the problem seems to be with hyperref: when I include hyperref with: \usepackage[pdfpagemode=None,pdfauthor={Nick Urbanik}]{hyperref} all my urls poke way off into the margin. If I comment it out, the URLs are nicely wrapped. So how can I fix this: Do I need to use sed in my makefile to comment out hyperref when I generate pdf with pdflatex? What about when I want to generate pdf from the postscript directly? I would be most grateful for any pointers, since all my workshop notes are a mess with the unreadable URLs Should I show a...

framed + shaded box via framed.sty
framed.sty provides several methods of creating highlighted regions that can break across pages. Specifically, it provides \begin{framed} ... \end{framed} and \begin{shaded} ... \end{shaded} that draw a frame around the region and shade the region, respectively. What I would like to do is be able to do both, namely have a region that is both framed AND shaded. Does anyone have any insight onto how to facilitate this? Thanks in advance. Troy Henderson On May 1, 9:57 am, tlhiv <thend...@gmail.com> wrote: > What I would like to do is be able to do both, namely > have a region that is both framed AND shaded. Just use \fcolorbox as your \FrameCommand. Thanks Donald. Works perfectly. ...

clash between pst-pdf.sty and classicthesis.sty; pplr9o+20 error
Hi, can somebody help me out with this example: ,----[ pd_thesis.tex ] | \listfiles% | \documentclass{scrbook} | \usepackage{pstricks} | \usepackage{pst-pdf} | \usepackage{subfigure} % needed for classicthesis | \usepackage{classicthesis} | \begin{document} | foo | \end{document} `---- TeXing the file works fine (using TeXLive2005). But running ps4pdf results in following lengthy error message: ,---- | Running `ps4pdf' on `/home/patrick/data/uni/thesis/tex-problems/pd_thesis' with ``/usr/local/bin/ps4pdf pd_thesis'' | /usr/local/bin/ps4pdf: running latex pd_thesis | /usr/local/bin/ps4pdf: command latex pd_thesis returned with code 1 | This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5) | %&-line parsing enabled. | entering extended mode | (./pd_thesis.tex | LaTeX2e <2003/12/01> | Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh | yphenation, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak, german, ngerman, d | anish, spanish, catalan, estonian, finnish, french, greek, monogreek, ancientgr | eek, croatian, hungarian, interlingua, ibycus, indonesian, icelandic, italian, | latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk, polish, portuguese, pinyin, romanian, russian, | slovene, uppersorbian, serbian, swedish, turkish, ukenglish, ukrainian, loaded. | | (/usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script/scrbook.cls | Document Class: scrbook 2004/09/16 v2.9t LaTeX2e KOMA document class | (/usr/local/texlive/2005/t...

margins within the framed.sty framed/shaded environments
Hi all, The example below shows that the change-margins-on-the-fly trick from the FAQ interacts funnily with framed.sty. Is there a way around this? Cheers, -- m \documentclass{minimal} \usepackage{lipsum} \usepackage{color} \usepackage{framed} \definecolor{shadecolor}{gray}{0.8} \newenvironment{narrow}{% \begin{list}{}{% \setlength{\topsep}{0pt}% \setlength{\leftmargin}{4em}% \setlength{\rightmargin}{4em}% \setlength{\listparindent}{\parindent}% \setlength{\itemindent}{0pt}% \setlength{\parsep}{\parskip}% } \item[] }{% \end{list} } \begin{document} \begin{shaded} \begin{narrow} \lipsum[1] \end{narrow} \end{shaded} \bigskip \begin{framed} \begin{narrow} \lipsum[1] \end{narrow} \end{framed} \bigskip \begin{narrow} \lipsum[1] \end{narrow} \end{document} On Dec 12, 12:31 pm, "Mariano Su=E1rez-Alvarez" <mariano.suarezalva...@gmail.com> wrote: > The example below shows that the change-margins-on-the-fly trick > from the FAQ interacts funnily with framed.sty. Is there a way around > this? (It would be good to indicate how what it shows is funny. ) There are two issues. First, the hack doesn't really change the margins, it just makes a list. For lists, framed or shaded should respect the true margins; ie, your original real margins, including the list margins as "white" (shaded) space inside. Other framed/shaded environments can be defined that do not enclose the list margins/indents. Second,...

footnotes in framed.sty
Hello. I am using framed.sty enivronment in order to box large part of text, however I see that footnotes are lost in this way: do you know some tricks to avoid it? Since I am editing a Book, a possibility would be that of putting all the footnotes at the end of each Chapter: how can I do that? Thanx Rachari Off the cuff, all I can think off is: try to enclose the framebox in a minipage environment. "Suresh" <Jeyaraman.Suresh@gmail.com> writes: >Off the cuff, all I can think off is: try to enclose the framebox in a >minipage environment. sigh. he said nothing about \framebox -- he's using framed.sty, which allows multipage framing. -- Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge "rachari" <matteo_luca@hotmail.com> writes: >I am using framed.sty enivronment in order to box large part of text, >however I see that footnotes are lost in this way: do you know some >tricks to avoid it? one could set things up so that all footnotes were emitted at the end of the framed environment, but that could mean footnotes arriving several pages later than their mark. creating the footnotes on the fly within the framed environment seems like a difficult problem, to me. (but i've never looked at the insides of framed.sty more than cursorily. perhaps that's a joy i need to indulge, soon.) >Since I am editing a Book, a possibility would be that of putting all >the footnotes at the end of each Chapter: how can I do that? endnotes.sty ...

Bug in framed.sty
I think I have found a bug in framed.sty 0.8a but I am not sure where to send the bug report since Donald Arsenau hasn't written his email address into the style file. The problem is that the boxes are less wide when a thinner environment as quote or quotation the only object inside the environment. I have not found a way to get it right. Here comes an example: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{framed} \usepackage{color} \pagestyle{empty} \def\FrameCommand{\colorbox{red}}% \begin{document} aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa...

gripes about framed.sty
I have been using the framed environment for long quotations. I use the framed environment because I need those quotations to possibly break across pages (they are long quotations)---are there any alternatives better behaved?. I use the quotation environment inside the framed environment: \begin{framed}\begin{quotation} LONG QUOTATION \end{quotation}\end{framed} EXPLANATION I have two gripes with the framed package: 1) The frame extends horizontally all the way to the margins. I need the frame to be more snug (horizontally) to the actual text. Putting the framed environment inside the quotation environment or inside a (properly indented) list, returns an error of "missing item". 2) After the framed environment, a new paragraph is created. I want EXPLANATION to belong to the paragraph which contains the framed quotation, not to a new paragraph. Do you know of any other packages that might work better, given the constraint that they must break across pages? ltcomdata wrote: > I have been using the framed environment for long quotations. I use > the framed environment because I need those quotations to possibly > break across pages (they are long quotations)---are there any > alternatives better behaved?. I use the quotation environment inside > the framed environment: > > \begin{framed}\begin{quotation} > LONG QUOTATION > \end{quotation}\end{framed} > EXPLANATION > > I have two ...

Web resources about - framed.sty + chngpage.sty + float.sty - comp.text.tex

The TeX Catalogue OnLine, Alphabetic Ctan Edition
Search - Home - Alpha - Brief - Topical - Hierarchical TeX Catalogue (Alphabetic Ctan Edition) Graham Williams A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H ...