free TeX-aware text editor for Windows

Syn

http://syn.sourceforge.net/

Hadn't seen this noted here previously and it's not listed at
http://home.nexgo.de/itsfd/texwin.htm (just sent them a note on that). Doesn't
support handwriting recognition on my pen slate (still using WinTeXShell for
that), but otherwise very serviceable.

William

--
William Adams
http://members.aol.com/willadams

0
willadams (1425)

willadams@aol.com (William F. Adams) wrote in message news:<20040214144824.18962.00002250@mb-m28.aol.com>...
> Syn
>
> http://syn.sourceforge.net/
>
> Hadn't seen this noted here previously and it's not listed at
> http://home.nexgo.de/itsfd/texwin.htm (just sent them a note on that). Doesn't
> support handwriting recognition on my pen slate (still using WinTeXShell for
> that), but otherwise very serviceable.
>
> William

I am finding TeXnicCenter very serviceable for Latex.

http://www.toolscenter.org/products/texniccenter/

It supports project management and scans your MikTex installation for
Yap, GV, pdftricks etc. It compiles pdfs created with pstricks very
elegantly.

Laurie
0
docsavage1 (41)

text + text

text-text

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

standalone operation of ISE text editor or MTI text editor
I can not find a way to lauch the ISE text editor or MTI HDL editor in the standalone mode. Does anyone how to do it. I want to view the .v and .vhd file using syntax highlight, but not necessary want to launch the Project Navigator or MTI simulator everytime I double click on one of .v/.vhd file. Thanks Charles ...

Farsi text in drawing and text editor
Does anybody know how we can display Farsi text in a drawing object and in an edit box? Thanx. I think the correct question would be: "Does anybody know how we can display Persian text in a drawing object and in an edit box? " You wouldn't ask: "Does anybody know how we can display Espanyola text in a drawing object and in an edit box? " or "Does anybody know how we can display Deutsche text in a drawing object and in an edit box? " or "Does anybody know how we can display Yupik text in a drawing object and in an edit ...

Farsi text in drawing and text editor #3
Does anybody know how we can display Farsi text in a drawing object and in an edit box? Thanx. "ron" <rboer@ortec.nl> wrote in message news:1116947174.104736.98350@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Ortec in Gouda? I've been turned down for a job there once. > Does anybody know how we can display Farsi text in a drawing object > and in an edit box? What exactly do you mean by "drawing object"? Text on a TCanvas? In a standard TEdit, you'd have to convince Windows that you have the right codepage active. I wouldn't know which cod...

A text version of Grab for window capture of text?
I have found Apple's Grab to be very useful to capture screens of pictures and symbolic text to insert in other applications. For example, mathematical symbols such as integral signs, strange characters, diagrams, and the like can then be used in PowerPoint presentations without formatting concerns. I have run across some applications that I am almost certain use text format to display textual data on a screen. These applications do not have the ability to save or export the data to a readable file. EyeTV is one of these applications. It presents a list of television chann...

Farsi text in drawing and text editor #2
Does anybody know how we can display Farsi text in a drawing object and in an edit box? Thanx. ...

VIM on Windows versus "native" Window's text editors
I recently had to edit an 80MB text file (actually an AutoCAD DXF file where many lines are only a few characters long). Every one of the native Windows text editors I tried either choked on loading the file or turned into molasses, i.e. several seconds between pressing a cursor key and the cursor actually moving. On the other hand, the Windows version of VIM 6.4 loaded the file in just a couple of seconds, had instant editing response, and then save it in just a couple of seconds. My (tongue-in-cheek) question: does Window's automatically make editor programmers stupid? Al G...

How to search list of particular text values into free text
Hi All, Please if anyone has idea about how to search particular list of text values from one small table to free text variable in large dataset and when finds the value, update the large dataset. I have small lookup table (around 120 records) for example: Category Types; Type_1 Mangos, Type_1 Pineapples, Type_2 Onions, Type_2 Tomatoes, … Type_n typeN. Now I need to search each particular text values (variable-Types) from the above small table into my large dataset which has free text variable called “Order_details”. For example: Order_details: The last order was for the Mangos on Nov 11...

Pages

Type-written text to TeX?
Slightly OT, but I have several hundred pages of typewritten material already scanned in. (I just have a PDF file with one image per page.) There is a small amount of maths in it, but not much. Can anyone advise me of a good OCR program to use? I'd prefer a Linux program, but am not religious. I tried gocr, which was useless, and am presently trying clara, which looks as though it might work, although it seems to require several degrees in Computer Science to understand and use. Also, is there a program to abstract the images from the PDF file? I've written a little Java program to do this, but would prefer to use a kosher application. -- Timothy Murphy e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366 s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland Timothy Murphy wrote: > Slightly OT, but I have several hundred pages of typewritten material > already scanned in. (I just have a PDF file with one image per page.) > There is a small amount of maths in it, but not much. > > Can anyone advise me of a good OCR program to use? > I'd prefer a Linux program, but am not religious. > > I tried gocr, which was useless, > and am presently trying clara, which looks as though it might work, > although it seems to require several degrees in Computer Science > to understand and use. I have once (April 2001) reviewed several OCR solutions for UNIX, see http://tinyurl.com/54xdu ...

preferred windows text editor?
Right now I'm using Notepad++. What are other people using? trevis On May 9, 1:06 pm, "T. Crane" <tcr...@REMOVETHISuiuc.edu> wrote: > Right now I'm using Notepad++. What are other people using? > > trevis For Python, I still prefer IDLE or PythonWin. For other things like cmd, ini, and other text files, I use either Notepad++ or UltraEdit. Mike I'm using Vim (http://www.vim.org/). -JB -----Original Message----- From: python-list-bounces+james.b.looney=lmco.com@python.org [mailto:python-list-bounces+james.b.looney=lmco.com@python.org] On Behalf ...

Converting pain text to TeX
Hi, I am trying to convert a plain text file to TeX format. For this I wrote a awk script to convert double quotes to the correct type in TeX, as in #!/usr/bin/awk -f # DQ2TQ : Converts double qoutes in plaint text file to TeX format # USAGE # dq2tq filename > newfilename BEGIN { count = 0 } /"/ { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {if (count % 2 == 0) {sub(/"/,"``",$i);count++} else {sub(/"/,"''",$i);count++}} } { print } However this does not seem to work right. Given the following input : " " " " &...

Q: Adjusting the attributes of the text in Free Text Tool
The text I write with the Free Text Tool is coming out a faded red, almost pinkish. Using the properties I have tried to change this but I am discovering that I can only adjust the font type, size and alignment. Adjusting the opacity under the general preferences won't help either. What else I can do to change this? Thanks, Deguza ...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

Windows 7 style Text Fields backgound text
Hi is there a way to get a background text in entry fields (text presenters) in the entry area itself - that disappears when you start typing - i.e. Windows 7 style. (Is there any special name / buzzword for that feature ?) Regards Sanjay Sanjay, >is there a way to get a background text in entry fields (text >presenters) in the entry area itself - that disappears when you start >typing - i.e. Windows 7 style. If you don't mind the test being selected then this should work. Select all the following and evaluate in a workspace... sh := Shell show. sh v...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Need help converting unix text to windows text
I have been working on this for weeks. Whatever my FTP client does to translate the unix text file with each line ending in a LF character back into a LF CR I need some code in Perl to this. The task is, save data from an html form into a flatfile database. I have a Linux server. The program I have allows the user to search for a text file (unix text) and download the file through their browser. It has to convert the little LF's to CRLF. I have tried using some people's suggestion on how to do this. But it doesn't work yet. Right now it serves up the file because I have ever...

OT: Text editor for Windows
Hi. I'm looking for a text editor for Windows that can show the current line/column number of the cursor. Neither Notepad nor Wordpad do that, and the command prompt's edit program is too slow for big files (the files I'm opening are at least several megabytes long). At the moment I'm using MS Word to open the ASCII files and multiply the number of pages by 77 lines to get the number of lines in the ASCII file...very inconvenient. I like the "Kate" editor in Linux. Anything similar for Windows? Thanks. Random Programmer wrote: > .... > I like the "Kat...

text 2 text

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

How to create some text widgets like text editor in VC++?
If create text editor use notebook widget, each text in the pages of the notebook can not be resized, and there is only one text visual each time. Now I want to create text editor like VC++' text, texts can be resized, and they can be dragged at will, and one or more can be visual. Could you tell me how can I do that? Thanks! "sunnyboyGuo@gmail.com" wrote: > > If create text editor use notebook widget, each text in the pages of > the notebook can not be resized, and there is only one text visual each > time. Now I want to create text editor like VC++' text, te...

Web resources about - free TeX-aware text editor for Windows - comp.text.tex