f



getting rid of chapters in LaTeX reports

Hi,

I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters. 
That is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the 
article template. Anyone knows how to do that?

Regards,
Samuel
0
sha5251 (8)
12/3/2004 4:27:52 PM
comp.text.tex 39029 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

20 Replies
497 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 56

 samuel <sha@chello.se> writes:
>I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters. 
>That is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the 
>article template. Anyone knows how to do that?

simplest thing would be to make trivial changes to article, rather
than substantial changes to report.

what, from report, do you want that article doesn't give you?
-- 
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
0
rf53 (2582)
12/3/2004 5:07:46 PM
"samuel" <sha@chello.se> wrote in message 
news:bu0sd.2688$3N5.1238@amstwist00...
> Hi,
>
> I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters. That 
> is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the article 
> template. Anyone knows how to do that?
>

    The memoir class lets you output in either book/report form or in 
article form.

Peter W. 


0
12/3/2004 6:09:06 PM
> simplest thing would be to make trivial changes to article, rather
> than substantial changes to report.
> 
> what, from report, do you want that article doesn't give you?

The bibliography, table of content, abstract and, well, pretty much 
everything I can think of should be in the style of a report. The lack 
of chapters is really the only thing I want from the article format.

Regards,
Samuel
0
sha5251 (8)
12/3/2004 8:41:37 PM
Peter Wilson wrote:

> "samuel" <sha@chello.se> wrote in message 
> news:bu0sd.2688$3N5.1238@amstwist00...
> 
>>Hi,
>>
>>I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters. That 
>>is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the article 
>>template. Anyone knows how to do that?
>>
> 
> 
>     The memoir class lets you output in either book/report form or in 
> article form.
> 
> Peter W. 
> 
> 

So, using the memoir class, how do I produce a report sans chapters? 
 From your documentation of the memoir class (a pdf I found on the 
Internet, it might have been updated since): "The main matter is at 
least divided into chapters, unless it is something like a young child's 
book which consists of a single story."

Regards,
Samuel
0
sha5251 (8)
12/3/2004 8:56:56 PM
samuel wrote:
> Peter Wilson wrote:
> 
>> "samuel" <sha@chello.se> wrote in message 
>> news:bu0sd.2688$3N5.1238@amstwist00...
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters. 
>>> That is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the 
>>> article template. Anyone knows how to do that?
>>>
>>
>>
>>     The memoir class lets you output in either book/report form or in 
>> article form.
>>
>> Peter W.
>>
> 
> So, using the memoir class, how do I produce a report sans chapters? 
>  From your documentation of the memoir class (a pdf I found on the 
> Internet, it might have been updated since): "The main matter is at 
> least divided into chapters, unless it is something like a young child's 
> book which consists of a single story."
> 
> Regards,
> Samuel

redesign the section numbering and adjust the spacings in the ToC should 
more or less do it.

By the way, why do yuo only want to use section?

memoir also has an article option making memoir mimic the article class 
with \chapter behaiving like \section


-- 
/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE for email)
0
daleif2 (2648)
12/3/2004 10:49:50 PM
samuel wrote:
>> simplest thing would be to make trivial changes to article, rather
>> than substantial changes to report.
>>
>> what, from report, do you want that article doesn't give you?
> 
> 
> The bibliography, table of content, abstract and, well, pretty much 
> everything I can think of should be in the style of a report. The lack 
> of chapters is really the only thing I want from the article format.

Um, I think just about all of these are available in article as well 
since the toc and bibliography are added manually.  Abstract also 
appears in the base article class.

> 
> Regards,
> Samuel
0
kirk-news (15)
12/4/2004 12:11:32 AM
Kirk Job-Sluder wrote:
> samuel wrote:
> 
>>> simplest thing would be to make trivial changes to article, rather
>>> than substantial changes to report.
>>>
>>> what, from report, do you want that article doesn't give you?
>>
>>
>>
>> The bibliography, table of content, abstract and, well, pretty much 
>> everything I can think of should be in the style of a report. The lack 
>> of chapters is really the only thing I want from the article format.
> 
> 
> Um, I think just about all of these are available in article as well 
> since the toc and bibliography are added manually.  Abstract also 
> appears in the base article class.
> 

Yes, but they're formatted differently, they do not get pages of their 
own, etc. Maybe this is easy to rectify, but I'm not a LaTeX guru. All I 
can see is that using "article" there are a lot of things that don't 
look the way I want them too, and with "report" there's only the problem 
with the chapters.

--Samuel
0
sha5251 (8)
12/4/2004 12:24:04 AM
Lars Madsen wrote:

> samuel wrote:
> 
>> Peter Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> "samuel" <sha@chello.se> wrote in message 
>>> news:bu0sd.2688$3N5.1238@amstwist00...
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having 
>>>> chapters. That is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, 
>>>> as in the article template. Anyone knows how to do that?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>     The memoir class lets you output in either book/report form or in 
>>> article form.
>>>
>>> Peter W.
>>>
>>
>> So, using the memoir class, how do I produce a report sans chapters? 
>>  From your documentation of the memoir class (a pdf I found on the 
>> Internet, it might have been updated since): "The main matter is at 
>> least divided into chapters, unless it is something like a young 
>> child's book which consists of a single story."
>>
>> Regards,
>> Samuel
> 
> 
> redesign the section numbering and adjust the spacings in the ToC should 
> more or less do it.
> 

Sorry, if my not understanding this is due to my incredibly poor latex 
skills. However, I have no idea what you mean. Redesign the section 
numbering and adjust the spacings how? In memoir or article or report or 
what?

 > By the way, why do yuo only want to use section?

I'm writing my BSc thesis, and my advisor does not approve of having 
chapters in it. He also does not approve of the article format. On my 
institution they normally write in MS Word, so he has no template I can 
use either. My thesis is unusually math heavy (for a philosophy paper) 
so for me writing in Word is hardly an option.

 > memoir also has an article option making memoir mimic the article class
 > with \chapter behaiving like \section
 >

But wouldn't that simply be the same thing as using the article class? 
That's precisely what I'm trying to avoid.

--Samuel
0
sha5251 (8)
12/4/2004 12:30:04 AM
samuel wrote:
> Yes, but they're formatted differently, they do not get pages of their 
> own, etc. Maybe this is easy to rectify, but I'm not a LaTeX guru. All I 
> can see is that using "article" there are a lot of things that don't 
> look the way I want them too, and with "report" there's only the problem 
> with the chapters.

One possibility, then, is to use the titlesec package (available from
CTAN) to alter the way that \chapter is formatted.

-- Scott

0
ctt (1173)
12/4/2004 1:04:55 AM
samuel <sha@chello.se> writes:

> Yes, but they're formatted differently, they do not get pages of their own,

The only difference is that they are chapters in report and sections
in article.  But you don't want chapters.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)
12/4/2004 1:39:32 AM
Donald Arseneau wrote:

> samuel <sha@chello.se> writes:
> 
> 
>>Yes, but they're formatted differently, they do not get pages of their own,
> 
> 
> The only difference is that they are chapters in report and sections
> in article.  But you don't want chapters.
> 
> Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca

Except for the fact that what you're saying is untrue, that's great help.

--Samuel
0
sha5251 (8)
12/4/2004 2:00:03 AM
> 
> Sorry, if my not understanding this is due to my incredibly poor latex 
> skills. However, I have no idea what you mean. Redesign the section 
> numbering and adjust the spacings how? In memoir or article or report or 
> what?
> 

see the memoir manual.

redesigning the section number in order to have it go 1, 2, 3... instead 
of <chapternumber>.<sectionnumber>

and since chapter is the highest level in the ToC it might look better 
if one reconfigured it so that sections looked like they were the top level.

>  > By the way, why do yuo only want to use section?
> 
> I'm writing my BSc thesis, and my advisor does not approve of having 
> chapters in it. He also does not approve of the article format. On my 
> institution they normally write in MS Word, so he has no template I can 
> use either. My thesis is unusually math heavy (for a philosophy paper) 
> so for me writing in Word is hardly an option.
> 
>  > memoir also has an article option making memoir mimic the article class
>  > with \chapter behaiving like \section
>  >
> 
> But wouldn't that simply be the same thing as using the article class? 
> That's precisely what I'm trying to avoid.
> 

you could just tell us exactly how you need it to look like and to 
behave, then it would be easy to configure memoir to do so.

have a look at the different chapterstyles in the memoir manual (the 
manual is actually written using those)

-- 
/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE for email)
0
daleif2 (2648)
12/4/2004 9:27:50 AM
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 03:00:03 +0100, samuel <sha@chello.se> wrote:

>> The only difference is that they are chapters in report and sections
>> in article.  But you don't want chapters.
>> 
>> Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
>
>Except for the fact that what you're saying is untrue, that's great help.

?!?


Michele
-- 
{$_=pack'B8'x25,unpack'A8'x32,$a^=sub{pop^pop}->(map substr
(($a||=join'',map--$|x$_,(unpack'w',unpack'u','G^<R<Y]*YB='
..'KYU;*EVH[.FHF2W+#"\Z*5TI/ER<Z`S(G.DZZ9OX0Z')=~/./g)x2,$_,
256),7,249);s/[^\w,]/ /g;$ \=/^J/?$/:"\r";print,redo}#JAPH,
0
bik.mido (626)
12/4/2004 11:59:43 AM
 samuel <sha@chello.se> writes:
>Donald Arseneau wrote:
>> samuel <sha@chello.se> writes:
>> 
>>>Yes, but they're formatted differently, they do not get pages of their own,
>> 
>> The only difference is that they are chapters in report and sections
>> in article.  But you don't want chapters.
>
>Except for the fact that what you're saying is untrue, that's great help.

now you're just being silly.

take it from the experts: you don't want to try rooting out the
chapters from report class -- it's tantamount to writing a new class.
(though i wouldn't be in the market for this job, i would charge
several thousand euros for through-designing a new class.)

what, exactly, is wrong with the combination \clearpage\section in
article class?  until we know the answer to that, there's no way
anyone can help you.
-- 
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
0
rf53 (2582)
12/4/2004 12:12:41 PM
> >> The bibliography, table of content, abstract and, well, pretty much 
> >> everything I can think of should be in the style of a report. The lack 
> >> of chapters is really the only thing I want from the article format.
> > 
> > 
> > Um, I think just about all of these are available in article as well 
> > since the toc and bibliography are added manually.  Abstract also 
> > appears in the base article class.
> > 
> 
> Yes, but they're formatted differently, they do not get pages of their 
> own, etc. Maybe this is easy to rectify, but I'm not a LaTeX guru. All I 
> can see is that using "article" there are a lot of things that don't 
> look the way I want them too, and with "report" there's only the problem 
> with the chapters.
> 

Use article with the titlepage option.
0
ggl1 (82)
12/4/2004 12:51:49 PM
J.S. Milne wrote:
>>>>The bibliography, table of content, abstract and, well, pretty much 
>>>>everything I can think of should be in the style of a report. The lack 
>>>>of chapters is really the only thing I want from the article format.
>>>
>>>
>>>Um, I think just about all of these are available in article as well 
>>>since the toc and bibliography are added manually.  Abstract also 
>>>appears in the base article class.
>>>
>>
>>Yes, but they're formatted differently, they do not get pages of their 
>>own, etc. Maybe this is easy to rectify, but I'm not a LaTeX guru. All I 
>>can see is that using "article" there are a lot of things that don't 
>>look the way I want them too, and with "report" there's only the problem 
>>with the chapters.
>>
> 
> 
> Use article with the titlepage option.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed. Is there a way to get the ToC 
and the bibliography (and perhaps for it to be called "bibliography" 
rather than "references," although that is not stricly necessary) on 
separate pages as well?

Regards,
Samuel
0
sha5251 (8)
12/4/2004 3:47:31 PM
samuel wrote:
> Thank you, that's exactly what I needed. Is there a way to get the ToC 
> and the bibliography (and perhaps for it to be called "bibliography" 
> rather than "references," although that is not stricly necessary) on 
> separate pages as well?

"References" -> "Bibliography": see the FAQ:

     http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fixnam

If you want to start just the ToC and the bibliography on a new page,
put a \clearpage before \tableofcontents and \bibliography.

-- Scott

0
ctt (1173)
12/4/2004 8:09:58 PM
Perfect, thanks!

Scott Pakin wrote:
> samuel wrote:
> 
>> Thank you, that's exactly what I needed. Is there a way to get the ToC 
>> and the bibliography (and perhaps for it to be called "bibliography" 
>> rather than "references," although that is not stricly necessary) on 
>> separate pages as well?
> 
> 
> "References" -> "Bibliography": see the FAQ:
> 
>     http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fixnam
> 
> If you want to start just the ToC and the bibliography on a new page,
> put a \clearpage before \tableofcontents and \bibliography.
> 
> -- Scott
> 
0
sha5251 (8)
12/6/2004 2:03:02 AM
Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>  samuel <sha@chello.se> writes:
>>I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters.
>>That is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the
>>article template. Anyone knows how to do that?
> 
> simplest thing would be to make trivial changes to article, rather
> than substantial changes to report.

Ewww <spit> :-)

Then you have to go and change \maketitle as well as the margins...

///Peter
-- 
"The cat in the box is both a wave and a particle"
      -- Terry Pratchett, introducing quantum physics in _The Authentic Cat_
0
Peter
12/6/2004 10:21:32 PM
samuel wrote:

> I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters.
> That is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the
> article template. Anyone knows how to do that?

I use this exact problem as an example in

   http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/beginlatex/html/chapter9.html#reprog

///Peter
-- 
"The cat in the box is both a wave and a particle"
      -- Terry Pratchett, introducing quantum physics in _The Authentic Cat_
0
Peter
12/6/2004 10:26:23 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)
Is there a way to remove all text from PDF? Will extract images work for you? If so, PDF-Tools by Tracker Software will do it. http://www.docu-track.com/ -- Don Vancouver, USA "MarosV" <maros.vranec@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ebb897e1-c8e3-4b3a-9274-dfd9d2c845c3@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to remove all text from PDF? ...

How can I get Tab space betweem text on MS Excel report using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant?
I am using Excel Easy Text.vi from Report Generation palette (LabVIEW 7.1) to generate Excel report. &nbsp; I&nbsp;created&nbsp;a string (includes text and Tab Constants) and connected it to "text" input of Excel Easy Text.vi. The output on the Excel report is the text and a small&nbsp;square shaped drawing&nbsp;(space) not a tab. I tried \t got same result. &nbsp; How can I get Tab space betweem text on my Excel report sheet using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant? &nbsp; Thanks for your help. &nbsp; LVLV Hello, From what I can tell, you cannot i...

getting rid of text in TextArea
how do you dynamically get rid of text in a TextArea? (no way of doing what in JS you would do like this textArea.value = ""; ??? thank you.. Frances In article <430f6970$0$18645$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, Frances <fdr58@yahoo.com> wrote: > how do you dynamically get rid of text in a TextArea? > > (no way of doing what in JS you would do like this > > textArea.value = ""; ??? > > thank you.. > > Frances RTFM. The AWT TextArea and Swing JTextArea both support a setText() call to do what you want. -- Steve ...

Report: how to get rid of border
I generated a report using report wizard. After that, I added a list box to the detail section of the report. Then I changed the border color of the list box to white (16777215), and the border style to transparent. But when I printed out the report, the square(box) was still there. ( something weird is , if I use printpreview to look at the report, with "fit", the box is not there). Does any one know how to deal with it? Thanks a lot. Mindy Mindy wrote: > I generated a report using report wizard. After that, I added a list > box to the detail section of the report. Then ...

trying to get rid of pink highlighting of text
I generated a Word document by pasting in Greek text from the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae Web site. Word is 2003 version, OS is Win XP. This displays weirdly but I discovered that I could change the font first to Lucida Sans Console and then to Arial Bold which produces a font which is quite readable. There are highlighted phrases in the text colored pink. I tried to un-highlight the phrases but was unable to. I would appreciate any suggestions to get rid of the pink highlighting. Thanks in advance. Michael Eisenstadt On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:21:06 -0600, Michael Eisensta...

Automatic chapter/section numbering for TeX (not LaTeX!)
Hi there!=20 Are there any macros/formats that provide automatic section numbering for T= eX (not LaTeX!)? Or have i to write my own code for that? If i got it right= , eplain does NOT provide for that, right?=20 Please: I am using TeX (ONLY)---so i=92m not interested in help for using L= aTeX stuff ;-)=20 Thanks all! Le 15/04/2013 11:54, a TeXnician a �crit : > Hi there! > > Are there any macros/formats that provide automatic section numbering for TeX (not LaTeX!)? Or have i to write my own code for that? If i got it right, eplain does NOT provide for that, right? > > Please: I am using TeX (ONLY)---so i�m not interested in help for using LaTeX stuff ;-) > > Thanks all! > You're not interested in LaTeX but will most probably have to get LaTeX code in order to get correct page breaks and sections numberings... Am Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:08:46 +0200 schrieb GL: >> Are there any macros/formats that provide automatic section >> numbering for TeX (not LaTeX!)? Or have i to write my own code >> for that? If i got it right, eplain does NOT provide for that, >> right? >> Please: I am using TeX (ONLY)---so i�m not interested in help for >> using LaTeX stuff ;-) > You're not interested in LaTeX but will most probably > have to get LaTeX code in order to get correct page > breaks and sections numberings... Well, the TeXbook has been written in plain -- and it has correc...

Google Maps: Getting rid of text column?
When you go to Google Maps, there's a column of advertisements down the left side of the window, alongside the map, like the Sidebar in a Finder window. Is there a command to turn this column off, or close it, and get just a map filling the entire window? (This column seems to go away eventually in most cases, but I can't figure out whether it just does so randomly, or after a certain number of zooms and pans, or whether I trigger it by doing a search for a new location that has no ads associated with it, or ????) In article <siegman-148F79.08073811062006@news.stanford.ed...

Latex report class: page break after every chapter
When I use the report class, Latex begins every Chapter on a new page. I don't need this because I'm writing a rather small report. Does anyone know how to turn this off? In article <1176657733.470914.54280@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, stefaniefauconnier@gmail.com wrote: > When I use the report class, Latex begins every Chapter on a new page. > I don't need this because I'm writing a rather small report. Does > anyone know how to turn this off? I don't think this is a predefined option of report. Put the following in your preamble: \makeatletter \renewcommand\chapter{\thispagestyle{plain}% \global\@topnum\z@ \@afterindentfalse \secdef\@chapter\@schapter} \makeatother Alan On 15-04-2007 18:55, Alan Munn wrote: >> When I use the report class, Latex begins every Chapter on a new page. >> I don't need this because I'm writing a rather small report. Does >> anyone know how to turn this off? > > I don't think this is a predefined option of report. Put the following > in your preamble: > > \makeatletter > \renewcommand\chapter{\thispagestyle{plain}% > \global\@topnum\z@ > \@afterindentfalse > \secdef\@chapter\@schapter} > \makeatother I suppose that a better choice would be: \makeatletter \renewcommand\chapter{\par\bigskip\global\@topnum\z@ ...

Getting rid of 'escape' backslashes in text
I have a script for sending 'round-robin' emails to choir members appended below. The data (sender, body, subject) is passed from an HTML form using POST. The script works fine except that apostrophes, quotes etc. appear 'escaped' in the text of the email e.g. don\'t Not a deal-breaker but untidy: can I clean this up somehow? <?php $sender = $_POST['sender']; $body = $_POST['body']; $subject = $_POST['subject']; // set mail headers $headers = "From: $sender \r\n" . "X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion() . "\r\n&qu...

Is there a way to get rid of Caption Label added by LaTeX?
I really want to provide caption label by my self as portion of the caption text. For example: \begin{figure}[htbp] \centering \includegraphics{tree.png} \caption{\textbf{Figure IV}: Shown Tree.}\end{figure} Thanks. H Xia <huayang.xia@gmail.com> wrote: > I really want to provide caption label by my self as portion of the > caption text. For example: > > \begin{figure}[htbp] > \centering > > \includegraphics{tree.png} > \caption{\textbf{Figure IV}: Shown Tree.}\end{figure} Have a look at the caption package. Ciao Enrico On Apr 20, 5:07 pm, Enrico Gregorio <grego...@math.unipd.it> wrote: > H Xia <huayang....@gmail.com> wrote: > > I really want to provide caption label by my self as portion of the > > caption text. For example: > > > \begin{figure}[htbp] > > \centering > > > \includegraphics{tree.png} > > \caption{\textbf{Figure IV}: Shown Tree.}\end{figure} > > Have a look at the caption package. > > Ciao > Enrico Thanks. This will do: \usepackage[labelformat=empty, labelsp=none]{caption} ...

How to get rid of the "..." in a text viwer
Hello, I have a HP 50G and don't like the "..." that shows up next to each text file on my SD card when using the Files menu. I have tried to install the SDfiler program from: http://timandkatie.com/calc/SDfiler.zip but can't get it to install properly. I moved the two files (L935 and L936) from my SD card into Port 2 my using the move function on my the calculator. I then pressed my APPS key on the calculator, went to the bottom of the list where I found the program "SDfiler" but when I hit on it I get the following error message on my calc: "EVAL ERROR: Unde...

How to get rid of frames, but keep the text in the same place?
Hi, Problems with a scanned document being created with unwanted/unusable frames... And trying to edit it in Microsoft Word 2000. How do I get rid of frames in a document, but leave the text (and spaces) exactly where they are on the page? If the frames were tables, I could just select the option to convert the table to text. I have never ran into frames like this before - except on .html documents - with this ISN'T. I scanned a document with my HP6100. If I save it as text, it completely looses the formatting, and puts some of the text on non-sequential lines. If I save i...

how can I get colorful text in word generated by Report Generator?
The text in MS-Word generated by Report Generator is black-and-white while the image is colorful,how can I get a colorful text? Thank you! Hi, There is no good way to do it right now, but that will be addressed in future releases. Ma Jun wrote: > > > The text in MS-Word generated by Report Generator is > black-and-white > while the image is colorful,how can I get a colorful text? Thank > you! ...

Getting rid of "the SAS System" output text
The titiel "the SAS System" appears about each one of my output tables. How would I remove that? ...

Get rid of #Error in Access 2007 group footer report
I am creating a report in Access 2007 and I want to do the average, maximum= , and minimum of several lab results. When I enter the following in the con= trol source box, I get an #Error message in the group footer when all recor= ds being subtotaled are null when displaying the report. How can I get rid = of this #Error and have the results return no value at all.=20 =3DCDbl(Avg([Arsenic])) Thus data might look like this in my report Serum _______________________ Arsenic Iron 30 10 30 =20 15 ____________________ Avg 25 10 Max 30 10 Min 15 10 __________________________ Liver __________________________ Arsenic Iron 8 0 =20 2 ____________________ =20 Avg #Error 5 Max #Error 8 Min #Error 0 Many thanks On Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:29:00 AM UTC-4, access...@gmail.com wrote: > I am creating a report in Access 2007 and I want to do the average, maxim= um, and minimum of several lab results. When I enter the following in the c= ontrol source box, I get an #Error message in the group footer when all rec= ords being subtotaled are null when displaying the report. How can I get ri= d of this #Error and have the results return no value at all.=20 >=20 >=20 >=20 > =3DCDbl(Avg([A...

Print selective datasets in report ... how do I get rid of the PopUp Window ?
Hello! I have a ListBox with the name IstCountry were several Countries are in which one can choose (0 to all). And I got a Button with a code behind, as follows... '------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Command57_Click() Dim Element As Variant Dim Bedingung As String Dim Country As Variant 'Ist �berhaupt ein Eintrag markiert? If Me!IstCountry.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub 'Bedingung zusammenstellen For Each Element In Me!IstCountry.ItemsSelected Country = Me!IstCountry.ItemData(Element) Bedingung = Bedingung & "Countr...

Re: Getting rid of "the SAS System" output text
title; --> Removes all previously assigned titles, including the SAS default. On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:49 AM, aj <alan.weiner@wdc.usda.gov> wrote: > The titiel "the SAS System" appears about each one of my output > tables. How would I remove that? > -- AkshayA! ...

Easy Text Report does not print report
I had this problem before when Labview 6.1 was installed on another PC. I could not print a report using the easy text report vi until the NI tech support person had me change a file on the PC. I assume I need to do this on this PC as well. I need a refresher on the file to change or correct to resolve this issue. Do you get any errors when trying to print, or do you get blank pages or pages with error on it? If there is an error in LabVIEW, please tell us in which subVI, or property/invoke node does the error happen. If NIReports.dll didn't register properly on that PC (you were getti...

wrap text around text in latex
You do that by using a minipage environment, right? Gunnar G wrote: > You do that by using a minipage environment, right? I do it with the wrapfig package. Here's an example that I posted here once: \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage{wrapfig} \begin{document} Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. \begin{wrapfigure}{l}{5cm} \textbf{Memory:} Well, my guess is that you already know what memory is. I can't help you, because I forgot all about it. \end{wrapfigure} Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else....

Custom Reports by Form input (user picks report options on Form and gets report showing options picked)
I can't quite grasp the concept of creating custom reports depending upon what options a user picks on a Form. For example, the user clicks on a "Print Reports" button and a Form pops up. On the Form the user can choose to get a report that shows the Box Numbers that are at Warehouse A, Warehouse B or Warehouse C. and then click on the Print Preview button and get a report showing only the Box Numbers in whichever warehouse was selected. My project is 99% done but I just can't get this last report bit. I am using Access 2002 but the database (for some reason) says that it...

Select and get text from Edit text filed
Hi, I need to make a simple text editor in matlab gui. I want is the user to be able to select part of the text he had typed and make the fontweight bold. I don't know how to get the selected text. Can you give me some clues? Thanks. ...

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

mailto: form using GET. Cannot get spaces in text.
I was writing the 7th installment to introducing my children to HTML and came upon something that I am not familiar with, evidently. http://foomanchu.com/standardize7.htm I have two mailto: forms near the bottom of that page. The first, entitled "classic mailto form" just uses POST. All spaces get conveyed just fine. The second, entitled "better classic mailto form" has +s instead of spaces. The only fundamental difference I can see is it uses GET. Now, I have tried &nsbp; and %20 with little luck. It merely posts the %20, and the &nbsp; get co...

Getting kind of abstract text snippets from text nodes
Hi everybody, I am about implementing a little search engine that searches a phrase over xml text nodes. I got that all working fine but what I want as the results is not the complete text of the textnode, I would like to make an abstract like result list (such output that you get with google searches. For eg .... I am the <b>substring</b> from a complete text node ... where "substring" is the search term. The problem is simple (I think): I want to extract all the text parts of the complete text node, where search searchterm is highlighted, surrounded by the text lik...

Web resources about - getting rid of chapters in LaTeX reports - comp.text.tex

Chapter house - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about church architecture. For the Navajo administrative meeting place, see Chapter house (Navajo Nation) . For the Dune novel, ...

Kittens strip club blaze latest chapter in bikie plans to muscle in on lucrative security contracts
Caulfield club destroyed in an arson attack marks another flashpoint in an 18-month war waged by Comanchero bikie gang members on the security ...

Kittens strip club blaze latest chapter in bikie plans to muscle in on lucrative security contracts
[ The Age - Text-only index ] Kittens strip club blaze latest chapter in bikie plans to muscle in on lucrative security contracts Date: February ...

Kittens strip club blaze latest chapter in bikie plans to muscle in on lucrative security contracts
Caulfield club destroyed in an arson attack marks another flashpoint in an 18-month war waged by Comanchero bikie gang members on the security ...

When silence falls: NSW art exhibition exposes hidden violent chapters in Australian, world history
... in Australia, to police brutalities in South Africa, the Art Gallery of NSW's new exhibition When silence falls is exposing dark chapters of ...

Sports Authority files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
Sports Authority is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The hilarious final chapter of Tim Cook’s humiliating blurry Super Bowl photo saga
... blurry Twitter photo has been. But before it slips away into the Internet archives and is forgotten forever, there's one last hilarious chapter ...

Peyton Manning Aims for Happy Ending; Cam Newton Looks to Write First Chapter
Peyton Manning Aims for Happy Ending; Cam Newton Looks to Write First Chapter

Playlist.com files for Chapter 11
Formerly known as Project Playlist, the digital-music service says it will continue to operate and expects to come out of the bankruptcy protection ...

Sports Authority files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, debts exceed $1.1B
CBS Local Sports Authority files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, debts exceed $1.1B The Denver Post Englewood-based Sports Authority early Wednesday ...

Resources last updated: 3/11/2016 4:34:33 PM