header on first page of article

Hi, all,

Can a header be placed on the first page of a LaTeX article?  Here's
the beginning of my LaTeX document:

\documentclass[letterpaper,10pt]{article}

\frenchspacing

\usepackage{graphicx}

\title{\Large \bf Report}

\author{Thomas Glahn}

\date{April 10, 2005}

\linespread{1}

\oddsidemargin=0.5in

\textwidth=5.5in

\usepackage{fancyhdr}

\pagestyle{fancy}

\lhead{\includegraphics[width=1in]{figures/logo2.png}}
\rhead{\sc Project Report, April 10, 2005}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.1pt}

\parindent=0.25in

\begin{document}

\titlepage

\maketitle

The header comes out nice, but it doesn't appear on the first page.  Is
there a way to put the header on the first page?  Thanks,

0
tglahn17 (11)

tglahn17@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Can a header be placed on the first page of a LaTeX article?  Here's
> the beginning of my LaTeX document:
>
> \documentclass[letterpaper,10pt]{article}
>
> \frenchspacing
>
> \usepackage{graphicx}
>
> \title{\Large \bf Report}
>
> \author{Thomas Glahn}
>
> \date{April 10, 2005}
>
> \linespread{1}
>
> \oddsidemargin=0.5in
>
> \textwidth=5.5in
>
> \usepackage{fancyhdr}
>
> \pagestyle{fancy}
>
> \lhead{\includegraphics[width=1in]{figures/logo2.png}}
> \rhead{\sc Project Report, April 10, 2005}
> \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.1pt}
>
> \parindent=0.25in
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \titlepage
>
> \maketitle
>

> The header comes out nice, but it doesn't appear on the first page.  Is
> there a way to put the header on the first page?  Thanks,

\thispagestyle{fancy} _after_ \maketitle (which containes a
\thispagestyle{plain))

--
/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE for email)
0

Thanks for the reply.  I still can't get a header on the first page.
Here's the beginning of my LaTeX code:

\documentclass[letterpaper,10pt]{article}

\frenchspacing

\usepackage{graphicx}

\title{\Large \bf Report}

\author{Thomas Glahn}

\date{April 10, 2005}

\linespread{1}

\oddsidemargin=0.5in

\textwidth=5.5in

\usepackage{fancyhdr}

\pagestyle{fancy}

\lhead{\includegraphics[width=1in]{figures/logo2.png}}
\rhead{\sc Project, April 10, 2005}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.1pt}

\parindent=0.25in

\begin{document}

\titlepage

\maketitle

\pagestyle{fancy}

\lhead{\includegraphics[width=1in]{figures/logo2.png}}
\rhead{\sc Project, April 10, 2005}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.1pt}

I have the \pagestyle{fancy} and the specifications for the header
before and after the \maketitle command.  Previously, I had it only
before \maketitle.  Can you see what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks,

0
tglahn17 (11)
4/11/2005 10:52:52 PM
tglahn17@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi, Lars,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I still can't get a header on the first page.
> Here's the beginning of my LaTeX code:
>
> \documentclass[letterpaper,10pt]{article}
>
> \frenchspacing
>
> \usepackage{graphicx}
>
> \title{\Large \bf Report}
>
> \author{Thomas Glahn}
>
> \date{April 10, 2005}
>
> \linespread{1}
>
> \oddsidemargin=0.5in
>
> \textwidth=5.5in
>
> \usepackage{fancyhdr}
>
> \pagestyle{fancy}
>
> \lhead{\includegraphics[width=1in]{figures/logo2.png}}
> \rhead{\sc Project, April 10, 2005}
> \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.1pt}
>
> \parindent=0.25in
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \titlepage
>
> \maketitle
>
> \pagestyle{fancy}
>
> \lhead{\includegraphics[width=1in]{figures/logo2.png}}
> \rhead{\sc Project, April 10, 2005}
> \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.1pt}
>

> I have the \pagestyle{fancy} and the specifications for the header
> before and after the \maketitle command.  Previously, I had it only
> before \maketitle.  Can you see what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks,

please read my reply again. I said \thispagestyle not \pagestyle

\pagestyle is activated from the next page and on, whereas
\thispagestyle changes the pagesyle on the current page only.

--
/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE for email)
0
daleif2 (2648)
4/12/2005 7:02:45 AM
You're the tops, buddy!

When I read your first reply, I thought "thispagestyle" meant "whatever
pagestyle I wanted to use".  I didn't realize that \thispagestyle was
an actual LaTeX command.  I got it working now.  Thanks,

0
tglahn17 (11)

different fancy header on first page from other pages
Hello, Is there an easy way to get a fancy header (fancyhdr) on the first page which is different from the one on the remaining pages? I'm looking for something automatic, like the switches for two-sided documents in the fancyhdr commands. Thanks! J. Le 19/12/2010 17:52, Joris a �crit : > Hello, > > Is there an easy way to get a fancy header (fancyhdr) on the first > page which is different from the one on the remaining pages? I'm > looking for something automatic, like the switches for two-sided > documents in the fancyhdr commands. > > Thanks! > > J. \thispagestyle{empty} or {plain} ??? On Dec 19, 12:09=A0pm, GL <gouail...@gmail.com> wrote: > Le 19/12/2010 17:52, Joris a crit :> Hello, > > > Is there an easy way to get a fancy header (fancyhdr) on the first > > page which is different from the one on the remaining pages? =A0I'm > > looking for something automatic, like the switches for two-sided > > documents in the fancyhdr commands. > > > Thanks! > > > J. > > \thispagestyle{empty} or {plain} ??? On Dec 19, 12:09=A0pm, GL <gouail...@gmail.com> wrote: > Le 19/12/2010 17:52, Joris a crit :> Hello, > > > Is there an easy way to get a fancy header (fancyhdr) on the first > > page which is different from the one on the remaining pages? =A0I'm > > looking for something automatic, like the s...

How to write header in title page/first page
hi I am writing an article (my document begin with \documentclass{article}) in latex and want to include a header only on the first page/title page. how do i do it? also, the header includes a jpg file. how could I insert it in the header? many many thanks for help sWongks.cQucy@gmail.com wrote: > hi > I am writing an article (my document begin with > \documentclass{article}) in latex and want to include a header only on > the first page/title page. > how do i do it? > also, the header includes a jpg file. how could I insert it in the > header? > many many thanks for help If it's not a recurring header (for which the fancyhdr package would be appropriate) just use the titlepage environment to design your own title page. ///Peter ...

Pages

Output header on first page
Hi, I have a single page LaTeX document where I would like to put the current date right-justified in the header. The command \today gives the current date but the rest I don't know how to achieve. Any ideas? Regards, August August Karlstrom wrote: If you use fancyhdr package, it will allow you to define header and footers. Alternatively you may use the memoir document class which has header and footer definition commands as builtin macros. > Hi, > > I have a single page LaTeX document where I would like to put the > current date right-justified in the header. The command \today gives the > current date but the rest I don't know how to achieve. Any ideas? > > > Regards, > > August mehrdad ghassempoory wrote: > If you use fancyhdr package, it will allow you to define > header and footers. Alternatively you may use the memoir > document class which has header and footer definition commands as > builtin macros. OK, thanks. With the code below I got exactly what I wanted. \usepackage{fancyhdr} \pagestyle{fancy} \lhead{} \chead{} \rhead{\today} \cfoot{} \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt} August ...

Skipping header on first page.
I'm trying to do dumping of ascii files into enscript (or a2ps)... Is there a way to get enscript (or a2ps) to skip the header on the first page (only)? Thanks-- Thorne wrote: > I'm trying to do dumping of ascii files into enscript (or a2ps)... > > Is there a way to get enscript (or a2ps) to skip the header on the > first page (only)? > > Thanks-- > In PostScript, you can redefine showpage any way you like. This is the usual key to page selective content or watermarks. -- Many thanks, Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Syne...

Custom text in header/footer of a page?
How do I put text in the header and/or footer of a page? "Angel Tsankov" <BigMan@abv.bg> writes: >How do I put text in the header and/or footer of a page? fancyhdr package. which is quite probably recommended in http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/lshort/bulgarian/lshort-bg.pdf -- Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge ...

header based on text (parse page for tag)
I am trying to generate one of two headers to appear on each page of my thesis depending on whether or not a tag appears on that particular page. Does anyone know how to make a tag and then have LaTex parse it and determine which header to display based on whether or not a tag exists on that page? Thanks, Alex ...

SUGI Paper question
People, SUGI papers are to have the header on the first page only. Yes ? How does one get the header on the first page but no on those after the first page? Thanks Dave Dave Fickbohm Use Technology to the Fullest 1250 45th st suite 200 Emeryville, CA, 94608 510 594 4151 voice Assuming MS-WORD... 1. File--> Page Setup 2. Layout (tab) 3. Headers and Footers (check "Different First Page") ...

Surpress headers/footers on first page with LaTeX2e?
Hi I'm using fancyhdr with LaTeX2e (and the standard article class) to define my own headers, but can't see how to suppress (or supply different) headers on the first page of the document. Due to the way I'm autogenerating the LaTeX from HTML, I don't have any place in the LaTeX source which I can guarantee is on the second page - if I did, I'd just redefine the headers there. thanks in advance donald Donald Gordon wrote: > Hi > > I'm using fancyhdr with LaTeX2e (and the standard article class) to define > my own headers, but can't see how to suppress (or supply different) > headers on the first page of the document. Back in 1997 there was a message by Piet van Oostrum himself (!) who syggested this method to alter the headers/footers in the first page. I think you can adapt the code to your needs: \pagestyle{fancy} \fancyhf{} % clear all fields \cfoot{\thepage} \rfoot{more words here} \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt} \fanypagestyle{fancyfirst}{\rhead{some words here}} \thispagestyle{fancyfirst} HTH, gm -- Guido Milanese Vocal Ensemble Ars Antiqua - Genoa, Italy http://www.arsantiqua.org ***GAUDETE IN DOMINO SEMPER*** On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:12:05 +0100, Guido Milanese wrote: > Back in 1997 there was a message by Piet van Oostrum himself (!) who > syggested this method to alter the headers/footers in the first page. I > think you can adapt the code to your needs: My searches missed the original post you me...

Display a page other than the first page
Hi, Whenever a document is opened, the first page is displayed by default. But, Is it possible to open the document such that it displays the page numbered 5 by default instead of the first page ? Also, Whenever the document is opened Is it possible to display the page that was being viewed while closing the document earlier ? Any ideas ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:02:39 -0800, karthikbalaguru wrote: > Hi, > Whenever a document is opened, > the first page is displayed by default. But, Is it possible to open the > document such...

Home page are not showing up on first result in Google search but contcact us page show first
Hi, friends Please help me I am confused, if I do search in Google my company's brand name home page are not showing up on first result but contact us page show first....why such? ...

fancyheaders: Different Headers for First Pages of Chapters
I'm using a slightly modified Koma-Script book class (scrbook.cls) and fancyheaders for my headers. My problem is: Is there a way to display another (fancy-)header on the first page of a chapter (except the standard types like "empty", "plain", "headings", ...)? What can I do? Thanks in Advance. Christian Christian Redeker wrote: > I'm using a slightly modified Koma-Script book class (scrbook.cls) and > fancyheaders for my headers. > > My problem is: > > Is there a way to display another (fancy-)header on the first page of a > chapter (except the standard types like "empty", "plain", "headings", > ...)? Read the english or german KOMA-Script manual. You will find \chapterpagestyle there and an example to redefine it. And if you'd use scrpage2 instead of fancyheaders (which is obsolete and should be replaced by fancyhdr) you may define your own pagestyles, which may be used like the standard page styles. See the KOMA-Script manual, scrguien (English) or scrguide (German) for more information about \chapterpagestyle and defining page styles using scrpage2. -- Markus ...

How to insert text on the first line of each page in a file?
Hello Everyone, Here is what I want to do & maybe someone can help me: I have a report file (text) which I would like to modify (would like to add text on the first line of each page) on the fly & then pass the modified file to a different command or script. The command would look something like: mod_file.sh < rep_filename | nextproc.sh The pages in the report file are seperated by ^L. Each page has the page number printed on the top right corner as: "Page: 1"; "Page: 2", and so on (so, I guess "Page:" is the keyword). The Page number appears on...

can set wxNoteBook page header text font ?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7158D.0A4717E6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, =20 How can wxNoteBook page header text font be set or changed ? =20 Thanks =20 ming ------_=_NextPart_001_01C7158D.0A4717E6 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" = xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" = xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"> ...

set text box value in page header via vb
Hi: I'm using the following Visual Basic code to open a report and set the value of an unbound text box in its page header. It works... but only on pages other than the first one. DoCmd.OpenReport strReportName, acViewPreview, , strWhere Reports(strReportName)("SearchCriteriaBox").Value = strWhere How can I get it to work on the first page too, please? There are other, regular text boxes in the page header that contain regular Control Sources in them, like =Now(), that are working fine. The report's Page Header setting is "All Pages," as it should b...

header and footer on title page using article style in latex
I am using latex and the ReVTeX4 style, which is basically an article style. I need to put headers and footers in my document, on all pages. So Iam using the package "fancyhdr" and I put the following commands in the PREAMBLE: pagestyle{fancy} \chead{TOP} \lhead{} \rhead{\thepage} \cfoot{BOTTOM} \lfoot{} \rfoot{} \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt} \renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0pt} The above commands give me the headers and footers I need, on all pages except on the title page. How do I put the same header and footer on the title page? Thanks, Tom Bahder ...

Fancyhdr
Hi all, I am trying to make the first page of the table of contents (and also list of figures and tables) look the same as those of the different chapters of the thesis, regarding the headers and footers. I am using fancyhdr-package like this: \pagestyle{fancy} \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.5pt} \renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0.5pt} \lhead[Title of the thesis]{} \rhead[]{Title of the thesis} Unfortunately, the ruler of the header/footer does not apperar on the first page of the table of contents and the page number appears in the bottom left (and not centered like the other pages). Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks. On Jul 1, 7:51 am, Joao Correia <joaoramoacorr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make the first page of the table of contents (and also > list of figures and tables) look the same as those of the different > chapters of the thesis, regarding the headers and footers. > > I am using fancyhdr-package like this: > > \pagestyle{fancy} > \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.5pt} > \renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0.5pt} > \lhead[Title of the thesis]{} > \rhead[]{Title of the thesis} > > Unfortunately, the ruler of the header/footer does not apperar on the > first page of the table of contents and the page number appears in the > bottom left (and not centered like the other pages). > > Can someone help me with this problem? > > Thanks. Have you tried: \tableofcontents \thi...

Getting Header & Footers on first page of documentclass{letter} docs
I am using MiKTeX and have tried playing with \def\ps@myheadings and \@oddfoot and they work great for pages after the first one. They work for the first one in {article} mode. I have also tried the package fancyhdr which doesn't seem to work on page 1 either. Any suggestions? "David94705" <dpra@yahoo.com> schrieb: > I am using MiKTeX and have tried playing with \def\ps@myheadings and > \@oddfoot and they work great for pages after the first one. They work > for the first one in {article} mode. I have also tried the package > fancyhdr which doesn't seem to work on page 1 either. > > Any suggestions? Your first page uses probably an own page style (with a \thispagestyle{XXX}-command.) Read the chapter about redefining plain style in the documentation of fancyhdr. You should also read the faq http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=askquestion http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=ps@empty -- Ulrike Fischer e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen. e-mail: add my first name between the news and the @. >>>>> "David94705" <dpra@yahoo.com> (D) wrote: >D> I am using MiKTeX and have tried playing with \def\ps@myheadings and >D> \@oddfoot and they work great for pages after the first one. They work >D> for the first one in {article} mode. I have also tried the package >D> fancyhdr...

Report: Text box won't print or repeat in page header.
Hello all, I have a text box in the page header of my Access report that takes a dynamic string value from a named text box on an open form as its control source, written as follows: =Forms!frmExtractResInfo!txtSelectionCriteria Two problems/situations occur: 1) It previews OK, but it isn't present when printing to hardcopy or a ..pdf file. 2) The text box is in the "page header" portion of the report, yet only shows up on the first page. Everything else in this portion of the report displays/prints to each page just fine. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out...

Do Page Header
My boss wants the font on reports to be user selectable on a Configuration screen. I open the Font Dialog and one is selected. When the report opens, I call a funtion that changes the font of all Text Boxes and Labels. I need to go through the collection of each section of the report: Report Header, Report Footer, Page Header, et cetera. I use this code: ' ******************************************************************************* ' Set the Report Font based on the passed information 04/23/06 Public Sub SetReportFont(Calling As Report, PassedFontName As String) On Error G...

Page Break and Extra Page Headers
I've added a pagebreak to a group header and I get 3 extra sheets containing only the page header along with the 3 properly format sheets. How can I eliminated pages 1,3,5 containing only the haeder. Thanks for any HELP, Rick ...

sub report's "report header" on show on first page
I couldn't find anything at http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/index.html I have a report with static (name, address, etc) in its report header and a subreport in the report's detail section the subreport has column headings in both its report and page headers (until I figure out which is best) when I print the report, the subreport headings show on the first page, but if the contents of the subreport extends to a second page, the subreport headings don't show I'm not using group headers in either report so 'repeatSection' doesn't apply what is required to prin...

Setting page header to context at top of page?
I'm revising the post-viva final version of my PhD thesis, using pdflatex on Mac OS X (in TeXShop), currently with a highly customised version of the report class and fancyhdr package among many others. I'd like to have my page headers contain the information I describe below. Page header should describe the current context (chapter, section or subsection number and title, whichever is currently most specific) as it is at the /top/ of the page. More specifically: - if a new chapter, section or subsection starts the page: this page should show the new header detail - if a new section or subsection occurs part way down the page: this page should show the /previous/ header detail the /next/ page should show the new header detail - if two or more sections or subsections occur part way down the page: this page should show the previous header detail the next page should show the header detail of the /last/ item I can't seem to do this with Latex - it doesn't seem possible to detect if a (sub)section is occurring at the top of the page or not. Is there a solution, or perhaps there is something stylistically wrong with what I am attempting to do? I've been experimenting with variations on the below, which unfortunately gives a header describing the context at the /bottom/ of the page. :( \documentclass[11pt,a4paper,fleqn]{report} \usepackage{fancyhdr} \fancypagestyle{plain}{% \fancyhf{} \fancyhead[R]{\slshape \leftmark} } \pagestyle{p...

100 empty pages with page number and headers only
Hi, I like to print empty A4 100 pages notebook with page numbers and headers only. How I can "write it" in LaTeX, please? Thank you, Jiri <"plavcik@gmail.com"> wrote: > Hi, > > I like to print empty A4 100 pages notebook with page numbers and > headers only. How I can "write it" in LaTeX, please? \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage[<setup>]{geometry} \usepackage{fancyhdr} <fancyhdr commands> \pagestyle{fancy} \begin{document} \loop\ifnum\value{page}<101 % page starts from 1 \null\newpage\repeat \end{document} Change <setup> and <fancyhdr commands> to suit your notebook style. Ciao Enrico ...

Web resources about - header on first page of article - comp.text.tex

Category talk:FL-Class Ohio townships task force articles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This category is within the scope of WikiProject United States , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of topics relating to the United ...

Battle For Mobile Web Ramps Up as WordPress Creates Plugin to Automate Facebook Instant Articles
WordPress parent Automattic has built a plugin for Facebook Instant Articles that will soon allow everyone in its user base to easily post content ...

Facebook Introduces WordPress Plugin for Instant Articles
... on electronic publishing with the reach of a blog platform giant? Facebook announced in February that its robust, interactive Instant Articles ...

Matt Damon Articles
News, Photos and Information about Matt Damon

New WordPress plugin lets anyone create Facebook Instant Articles
... has been the global roll out of Reactions . But bubbling away in the background over recent weeks have been changes to the Instant Article program. ...

Malik Jackson Articles, Photos, and Videos - Chicago Tribune
News, Photos and Information about Malik Jackson

Marketing Over Coffee: Facebook Instant Articles and AMP Tips
In this week’s Marketing Over Coffee video special, check out our suggested tips for Facebook Instant Articles, AMP tips, and much more, including ...

Articles archive from March 7, 2016
Daily Herald is suburban Chicago's largest daily newspaper. Daily Herald provides a local perspective with local content such as the northwest ...

Donald Trump Articles, Photos, and Videos - Daily Press
News, Photos and Information about Donald Trump

Wordpress blogs will soon support Facebook's Instant Articles
If you turn to Facebook for your daily news update, you may have come across Instant Articles. A small number of publishers are able to serve ...