help with LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.

Dear all,

I have the following message when I try to typeset a document in
Pctex.

! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.

I think this might be a package for fonts. Could anyone tell me how to
get it and install it.

Thank you very much.

Tony

Tony wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have the following message when I try to typeset a document in
> Pctex.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.
>
> I think this might be a package for fonts.

   No, it's a package for SWP. Your file was typed under SWP I suppose.

> Could anyone tell me how to
> get it and install it.

   google ?

   Jean-C\^ome Charpentier

I did use both Pctex and SWP to write the article, but neither of them
could properly typeset it. Actually I copy some code for math formula
from another artcile which is not my own. I think I miss some package
from the original author. Could you tell me how to find it and
properly install it?

Thank you very much
Jean-Come Charpentier <Jean-Come.Charpentier@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:<413081B2.7060806@wanadoo.fr>...
> Tony wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have the following message when I try to typeset a document in
> > Pctex.
> >
> > ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.
> >
> > I think this might be a package for fonts.
>
>    No, it's a package for SWP. Your file was typed under SWP I suppose.
>
> > Could anyone tell me how to
> > get it and install it.
>
>    google ?
>
>    Jean-C\^ome Charpentier
Tony,
    We're sending you the file tcilatex.tex directly. In Scientific
WorkPlace, it goes in \swp50\TCITeX\TeX\LaTeX\SWmacros. We like to help...
Cheers,

Christopher
--
Christopher Mabb, Scientific Word Ltd., UK
Tel: (0845) 766 0340; Intl: +44 (1875) 616516; Fax: (01875) 613513

Tony wrote:
> I did use both Pctex and SWP to write the article, but neither of them
> could properly typeset it. Actually I copy some code for math formula
> from another artcile which is not my own. I think I miss some package
> from the original author. Could you tell me how to find it and
> properly install it?

  If you use SWP, you must have a file tcilatex.sty somewhere in you
hard disk. The simplest way is to copy it in a texmf tree (local tree
will be better) and to refresh the base (I believe that it's with
mktexlsr under windows but I'm not sure).
   Other packages will manage in the same way (copy in texmf tree and
refresh).
   Don't forget that if you SWP tex file calls graphics, you may have
some problems (SWP manages graphics with its owner way).

   Hope that helps.

   Jean-C�me Charpentier

tony_wu_2003@yahoo.com (Tony) wrote in message news:<be19d71c.0408281013.31828733@posting.google.com>...
> I did use both Pctex and SWP to write the article, but neither of them
> could properly typeset it. Actually I copy some code for math formula
> from another artcile which is not my own. I think I miss some package
> from the original author. Could you tell me how to find it and
> properly install it?

You'll find tcilatex.tex in a subdirectory of the directory in which
you installed SWP, something like ...\TCITEX\TeX\LaTeX\tci.  Just put
it where PCTeX can find it, e.g., in the same place as your tex file.

Alternatively, save your TeX file as Portable LaTeX file, and then it
won't need tcilatex.tex.

Jim
0
ggl1 (82)
8/29/2004 1:14:35 AM
Jean-Come Charpentier <Jean-Come.Charpentier@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:<4131009D.5000906@wanadoo.fr>...
> Tony wrote:
> > I did use both Pctex and SWP to write the article, but neither of them
> > could properly typeset it. Actually I copy some code for math formula
> > from another artcile which is not my own. I think I miss some package
> > from the original author. Could you tell me how to find it and
> > properly install it?
> >

>   If you use SWP, you must have a file tcilatex.sty somewhere in you
> hard disk. The simplest way is to copy it in a texmf tree (local tree
> will be better) and to refresh the base (I believe that it's with
> mktexlsr under windows but I'm not sure).
>    Other packages will manage in the same way (copy in texmf tree and
> refresh).
>    Don't forget that if you SWP tex file calls graphics, you may have
> some problems (SWP manages graphics with its owner way).
>
>    Hope that helps.
>
>    Jean-C�me Charpentier

I check my hard drive, it does not have the tcilatex.sty file. and I
do not have a directory of \texmf in \swp30 or \pctex32. Exactly how
do I make this thing work. If I use a later version of swp, say,
version 4 or 5, could my problem be solved?

If SWP manages graphics with its owner way, how do I properly include
a graph in main text.

Thanks,
Tony
HI everybody.
I Have tehe same message from miktek 2.9 when I run the file written win sc=
ientifi WorkPlace 5.5.
So i just try the following and it works!
I copy the file tcilatex.tex from the direction C:\swp55\TCITeX\TeX\LaTeX\S=
Wmacros(or you just look for it with the finder)to the directory with your =
file and run it.
I apologize for my english it=B4s not so good i=B4m afraid.
0
rlara (1)