How to include a latex document in another latex document

I am writing my PhD thesis in latex and I want to include my publications at
the end as an appendix.  My publications are latex documents themselves.
Can somebody tell me how I can include them in my thesis master-document?

Thanks
Allan

0
allanmb1 (44)

 "Allan M. Bruce" <allanmb@TAKEAWAYdsl.pipex.com> writes:
>I am writing my PhD thesis in latex and I want to include my publications at
>the end as an appendix.  My publications are latex documents themselves.
>Can somebody tell me how I can include them in my thesis master-document?

the faq covers this:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=multidoc
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
0

Any documentation for TeX and LaTeX programming ?
Hello Is there any (online?) documentation for /programming/ with TeX and LaTeX ? I know there are a lot of documents about using (La)TeX to create books, but what I need is: - macro definition and expansion rules - variables (or registers or boxes or token definition lists), assignments and expressions (like addition, multiplication) - control statements (if, switch, for, while) - console and file input/ouput and the like, that is I need documentation for TeX as a (general-purpose) programming language, not just a layout engine. I hear TeX programming is terribly cryptic and hard to read, and that I can get the information I want from The TeXbook anyway, but the book is so much oriented on layout and so little on programming that I have to wonder if I can find some other text instead. Of course I do not want to create some large scale GUI application with TeX, but just to write package. Thank you, Timothy Madden On Oct 18, 11:16=A0am, Timothy Madden <terminato...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello > > Is there any (online?) documentation for /programming/ with TeX and LaTeX= ? > > I know there are a lot of documents about using (La)TeX to create books, > but what I need is: > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - macro definition and expansion rules > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - variables (or registers or boxes or token definition li= sts), > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 assignments and expressions (like addition, multiplic= ation) > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - control stateme...

Include a latex file with one style, into another tex file with another style.
List, I need to include a resume (latex) file which I wrote using the resume.sty into another LaTeX file that is in book style. I've never have to include a tex file with different documentclass/style inside another one. Any suggestions ??? Thanks in advance. PG.- On Mar 29, 9:36 pm, pgarra...@gmail.com wrote: > List, > I need to include a resume (latex) file which I wrote using the > resume.sty into another LaTeX file that is in book style. I've never > have to include a tex file with different documentclass/style inside > another one. The best thing to do here would be to make a .pdf or .eps of the r=E9sum=E9 and place it as a graphic. William pgarralda@gmail.com writes: > List, > I need to include a resume (latex) file which I wrote using the > resume.sty into another LaTeX file that is in book style. I've never > have to include a tex file with different documentclass/style inside > another one. > > Any suggestions ??? Insert the output of your resum=E9 into your document with pdfpages. I think that's the easiest way. Or try one of the solutions given in http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=3Dmultidoc . HTH Ulrich ...

Including .fig file in Latex document
Hi everybody, Is there anyway I can include a "file.fig" file, created by xfig into my latex document. I tried this snippet but doesn't seem to work. \begin{figure*}[h] \includegraphics{eg4.fig} <----- \caption{Feature extraction process} \end{figure*} or with \input{eg4} I also include package graphicx. Looking forward very much your advice. Thanks so much for your time. Regards Edward SINGAPORE -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Edward Wijaya <ewijaya@singnet.com.sg> wrote: > Is there anyway I can include...

Includeing pdf document in latex file
Hi, I have a several page document. I have this document in the formats pdf, html and microsoft word. I want to include the document in my latex file. Can someone point me to how to do it. Thank you, Joe Hesse "Joe Hesse" <joe_hesse@actcx.com> wrote in message news:12fe038ct3kav07@corp.supernews.com... > Hi, > I have a several page document. > I have this document in the formats pdf, html and microsoft word. > I want to include the document in my latex file. > Can someone point me to how to do it. This should help: http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=pdfpages --Tim Arnold Tim Arnold wrote: > "Joe Hesse" <joe_hesse@actcx.com> wrote in message > news:12fe038ct3kav07@corp.supernews.com... >> Hi, >> I have a several page document. >> I have this document in the formats pdf, html and microsoft word. >> I want to include the document in my latex file. >> Can someone point me to how to do it. > > This should help: > http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=pdfpages > > --Tim Arnold > > Hi, pdfpages works really good, I used it to get the appendices in a report. This also works to import a custom title page made in gimp or some other graphics application. Simply do something like: \begin{document} \includepdf[pages={1}]{titlepage.pdf} \maketitle \tableofcontents \include{main} \appendix \includepdf[pages={3-5}]{app1.pdf...

Including rendered HTML in a latex document
Hi, When I copy paste text from webpages to Microsoft Word I can include rendered HTML in my document. Is there any way of doing this with LaTex? Thank you. simao.mml@gmail.com writes: > Hi, > > When I copy paste text from webpages to Microsoft Word I can include > rendered HTML in my document. Is there any way of doing this with > LaTex? You could print the webpage (using Firefox or whatever) to a pdf file or eps file, then \includegraphics that into your document. -- % Randy Yates % "Watching all the days go by... %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % Who are you and who am I?" %%% 919-577-9882 % 'Mission (A World Record)', %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % *A New World Record*, ELO http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr ...

Including an histogram epslatex in a latex document
Hi all, I'm trying to put into a latex document an histogram that I have doing in gnuplot, everything seems ok but when I instert the histogram into the document only the text appears and nothing about the graph (the eps part), I think the problem starts since the output of the histograms have colors, but Im not sure so I include the code for the GNUplot graph: ===================================================== unset key set term epslatex set out "loco.eps" set boxwidth 0.9 relative set style data histograms set style fill solid 1.0 border -1 plot 'PIBLATAM.dat' using 2:xticlabels(1) ti col, '' u 3 ti 3, '' u 4 ti 4, '' u 5 ti 5, '' u 6 ti 6 set out set term x11 set nolabel unset title unset xlabel unset ylabel ============================= and I insert the output in this code: \include{graphicx} \include{colors} .... \begin{figure} \begin{center} \scalebox{1.0}{\input{loco.tex}} \caption{Enter caption here} \label{Enter label here} \end{center} \end{figure} if someone wants to try the code I also annex the text for the PIBLATAM.dat file ================================= # PIB DANS LATAM # Pays Argentina Brasil Chile Mexico Moyenne 2005 9.2 2.3 6.3 2.7 5.1 2006 8.6 3.5 5.0 4.5 5.4 2007 5.0 3.5 4.9 3.5 4.2 ==================================== thanks in advance for your help :) David Garcia On Apr 10, 3:53 am, david.garc...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm trying to put into a latex document an ...

joke: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}.
\documentclass{article} \begin{document} \def\else{Ha! Ha!} \end{document} Hello! When running the example above, I get the following message: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. Well. OK. Why is this an error? Regards Ulrich "Ulrich Diez" <ulrich.diez@alumni.uni-tuebingen.de> writes: > \documentclass{article} > \begin{document} > \def\else{Ha! Ha!} > \end{document} > > Hello! > > When running the example above, I get the following message: > > LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? Because you broke LaTeX. Use \newcommand\else{Oops} and find out. Hell, you get bogus "Extra }" errors from fragile commands in moving arguments, without even breaking LaTeX itself. Some other attractive command names are \box, \output, \above, \count, \day, \if, \mark, \number, \over, \read, ... all of which are fundamental TeX commands, used internally. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> writes: > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? > Because you broke LaTeX. OK, I did understand the posting to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (or "cheeky") but I didn't notice the "subject" or realize it was a straight-out joke. Sorry to be a rube. In my defence, I've been typing "less secure" in ernest today. -- Donald Arseneau ...

Can I generate a LATEX -Document- from MATLAB's latex() function?
I'm using the Symbolic Toolbox to generate some rather big expressions (e.g., sets of 25x25 sparse symbolic matrices), but using the latex() function on these expressions seems to yield strings too big for the Matlab LaTex interpreter to handle. Or something. In any case, what I think I'd really like at this point is to generate LaTex -documents- that could just be placed into a source file, and then be made into a DVI file with an absolute minimum of LaTex knowledge on my part. Any hope for this? Matt Feinstein ...

Best way to turn a latex document into a powerpoint like pdf document?
I wonder whether any of you have experience of turning a latex document into a PDF file for presentation (which should contains effects that are common in powerpoint presentations). I recently tried to turn my old presentation based on latex foils package into a PDF file. I did a little bit research on web and found two latex packages that can do the conversion: ppower4 and prosper. However none of them is easy to use, and some work is apparently needed to convert my tex file into PDF file with the fancy effects. I wonder whether you have any suggestions on which one I should use. Or if you k...

Including *.pdf graphic files into a LaTeX document
Hello, I am preparing a presentation with LaTeX, prosper and prosper-HA. I need to - at least would like to -- include an external pdf graphic file as a slide in my presentation, can that be done? If yes how? I am using: latex ---> dvips ---> ps2pdf. Thanks, G�rald G�rald Jean wrote: > Hello, > > I am preparing a presentation with LaTeX, prosper and prosper-HA. I > need to - at least would like to -- include an external pdf graphic > file as a slide in my presentation, can that be done? If yes how? I > am using: latex ---> dvips ---> ps2pdf. > > Thanks, > > G�rald Why don't you just convert your PDF-graphics to an EPS-file? Then you don't have to think of which fileformat it is... Or you can use ONLY PDF-graphics by using pdflatex instead of latex-dvips-pd2pdf. Then pdflatex will produce a PDF-file of your presentation on the fly! You could use this code to handle distinguish between latex and pdflatex in the preamble of your document: \ifx\pdftexversion\undefined \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx} \else \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx} \fi Good luck! Espen Espen Berg wrote: > Why don't you just convert your PDF-graphics to an EPS-file? > Then you don't have to think of which fileformat it is... > > Or you can use ONLY PDF-graphics by using pdflatex instead of > latex-dvips-pd2pdf. Then pdflatex will produce a PDF-file of > your presentation on the fly! > > You could use t...

how to include figures into LaTeX 2.09 documents?
Hi: I am editing a LaTeX 2.09 formated file. I want to add some figures. I cannot use the LaTeX 2e commands like the following \usepackage{graphicx} \begin{figure} % Requires \usepackage{graphicx} \includegraphics[width=5]{test.eps}\\ \caption{aa}\label{fig:test} \end{figure} Could you please tell me how to add figures? Thanks. Gui Xie wrote: > I am editing a LaTeX 2.09 formated file. I want to add some figures. I > cannot use the LaTeX 2e commands like the following > > \usepackage{graphicx} > > \begin{figure} > % Requires \usepackage{graphicx} > \includegraphics[width=5]{test.eps}\\ > \caption{aa}\label{fig:test} > \end{figure} > > Could you please tell me how to add figures? Thanks. Read the FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=impgraph It mentions graphics inclusion packages that work with LaTeX 2.09. Best regards, Jose Carlos Santos ...

Suggestions on how to include a handwritten signiture within LaTeX documents
I realize this is probably too simple a question for this forum, but... I need or at least want to sign a number of my latex documents which I will then email in .dvi or, more likely, .pdf format. I have a scanner and can probably generate a file in pretty much any well known file format that has/is a small "picture" of my signature. My question is what is the best format for the file and the best way to include it within LaTeX' \signature command or generally within a LaTeX document. Thanks, David S. On Oct 7, 12:17 pm, Dave94705 <david.jobman.schwa...@gmail.com> wrote: > I realize this is probably too simple a question for this forum, > but... > > I need or at least want to sign a number of my latex documents which I > will then email in .dvi or, more likely, .pdf format. I have a > scanner and can probably generate a file in pretty much any well known > file format that has/is a small "picture" of my signature. My > question is what is the best format for the file and the best way to > include it within LaTeX' \signature command or generally within a > LaTeX document. > > Thanks, > David S. For pdflatex, you can generate a png file of your scanned signature and then use: \includegraphics[height=0.5cm]{foo.png} where you want the signature. The package textpos allows you to control precise position of objects on the page. You need to use \usepackage{graphicx} in the preamble of you source f...

How to make Microsoft Word to be a text editor of LaTeX document?
Well, Ladies and Gentleman, I guess this question may invade some people. However, i am curious if it is possible to make Microsoft Word to be a text editor for our LaTeX document like WinEdt. Thank for your patience and endurance. Best regards, Eaglen. cnc@ntu.edu.tw (Eaglen) writes: > I guess this question may invade some people. "invade"? Maybe "infuriate"? > However, i am curious if it is possible to make Microsoft Word to be > a text editor for our LaTeX document like WinEdt. Word, as far as I remember, might also be used to edit pure text files. Sin...

Need an introductory powerpoint presentation on LaTeX and a few tex documents...
Dear all, I am a PhD student in economics and I will do a presentation on LaTeX at the PhD Seminar next week. I know how to use LaTeX but I have no proper powerpoint presentation and no document that I could use for the presentation as I so far still write with word or openoffice. I was wondering if one of you would have the kindness to let me know where I can find a presentation or maybe send me one? I am a busy busy PhD student and I truly lack time to prepare one... Could also one of you send me an latex document that has like headers, footers, a bibliography and just the main characteristics of a latex document so I can show it during the presentation? Thank you very much. My kind regards. Beatrice wrote: > Dear all, I am a PhD student in economics and I will do a presentation > on LaTeX at the PhD Seminar next week. I know how to use LaTeX but I > have no proper powerpoint presentation and no document that I could > use for the presentation as I so far still write with word or > openoffice. I was wondering if one of you would have the kindness to > let me know where I can find a presentation or maybe send me one? I am > a busy busy PhD student and I truly lack time to prepare one... Could > also one of you send me an latex document that has like headers, > footers, a bibliography and just the main characteristics of a latex > document so I can show it during the presentation? Thank you very > much. My kind regards. Try the beamer clas...

Help on including one XML document within another XML document using XML Schemas
Hi I would like to specify an XML schema that would allow an XML document to be included within another XML document. The following example schema gives an idea of what we're trying to achieve ServiceResponse.xsd -------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element name="serviceResponse" type="ServiceResponse"/> <xs:complexType name="ServiceResponse&quo...

WANTED: Regular expressions for breaking TeX/LaTeX document into tokens
Hi Does anyone know of a collection of regular expressions that will break a TeX/LaTeX document into tokens? Assume that there is no verbatim or other category code changes. Thanks Jonathan On Feb 24, 5:03=A0am, Jonathan Fine <J.F...@open.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone know of a collection of regular expressions that will break > a TeX/LaTeX document into tokens? =A0Assume that there is no verbatim or > other category code changes. > > Thanks > > Jonathan It is my understanding that TeX/LaTeX is *not* a regular language, and therefore cannot be acc...

including 14 page PS or PDF file (not figure) in Latex document
Hi, I am compiling a thesis and wish to include some old papers in PS and PDF formats in the thesis appendix. The old files were created with different conference and journal classes so I cannot just include their Latex source. I would be grateful for a suggestion on how to do this. I have tried epsffile but it squeezes the document into one page. Would it just be handier to insert say 14 \pagebreaks in my appendix and print the documents separately? It would be nice to have everything in one document, especially for PDFLatex. Regards, Enda Ridge On 28 May 2004 01:27:13 -0700, Enda <e...

looking for latex document .tex, dealing with matrices, tensor notation, computational fluid dynamics etc.
Hi there, I usually do my latex reports/documents by having a template or at least some sort of .tex file to look at. I'm now working with a template I made myself, using memoir: Having done a few reports (about 4-5) in latex, this is the first time I'm going to write a report with more advanced mathematics, integrals, derivates, greek symbols etc (see subj. line). So I would be happy if somebody would be willing to share part of (or complete) their latex documents dealing with these topics, just so that I don't have to "invent" everything from the beginning again. For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to learn http://www.opencfd.co.uk/openfoam/ which is a toolbox for simulating fluid flows (CFD) and I'll soon have to begin writing some theory chapters. I've searched google, but didn't find anything much helpful. I appreciate your links or if you would be so helpful to mail something to me at unoder (at) jay dot net. Any relevant .tex documents would be fine. Thanks in advance. Med venlig hilsen / Best regards Martin J�rgensen -- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Home of Martin J�rgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk Martin J�rgensen wrote: > So I would be happy if somebody would be willing to share part of (or > complete) their latex documents dealing with these topics, just so that I > don't have to "invent" everything from the beginning...

pictures from latex documents
I have a latex file which contain so many figures using picture environment. I need to convert these figures into jpg files. Can you please suggest me ways to do this? I was not able to get latex2html work on windows xp computer. I thought it will create pictures for me. I am not sure whether there is nice zip file that extracts and install latex2html accurately. Thank you for your help in advance. .. Raghu (rgompa@iuk.edu) Raghuramaiah Gompa <rgompa@steel.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote: > I have a latex file which contain so many figures using picture environment. > I need to ...

Importing documents into Latex
I have some experimental results from another software that I would like to include in the Appendices of my Latex doc. The results are in an RTF format, which I can then edit and the put into a pdf format. Is there a way that I can import these documents into my latex document. I would prefer to avoid having to recreate 24 pages of tables. One option I have thought about is converting all the tables into PS format and then including them as graphics, but this still seems labour intensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Dan diaboni@gmail.com wrote: > I have some experimental results from another software that I would > like to include in the Appendices of my Latex doc. The results are in > an RTF format, which I can then edit and the put into a pdf format. Is > there a way that I can import these documents into my latex document. > I would prefer to avoid having to recreate 24 pages of tables. One > option I have thought about is converting all the tables into PS > format and then including them as graphics, but this still seems > labour intensive. What software generated the tables? My inclination for something like this is to export to a comma-delimited text file, which can then be converted with an editor to Latex tables. I too like to export tables with commas, and then use an editor to replace the commas with &'s. However, if you like the pdf route, then you can insert a group of pdf pages using the package "pdfp...

pdf document in latex
I'm trying to get a pdf picture to show up in a latex document. I'm using the command (I'm using the package graphicx): \begin{figure} \centering{ \includegraphics[bb = 0pt 30pt 100pt 590pt]{table.pdf}} \caption{\label{fig:wide} table of values} \end{figure} and for whatever reason it isn't working. Earlier in the document, I have the exact same 4 lines for use with a different picture and bounding box and it is working perfectly. I've tried everything I can think of (redownloading the pdf document, playing around with the bounding box) but nothing has helped. Any i...

diffing LaTeX document
Dear all, I wonder whether someone knows about any LaTeX package capable to diff "nicely" two different versions of the same document maintained by cvs? Sincerely, Patrick <<< On Sep 28, Scott Pakin wrote >>> > Patrick Guio wrote: >> I wonder whether someone knows about any LaTeX package capable to diff >> "nicely" two different versions of the same document maintained by cvs? > > I haven't tried any of these suggestions myself but take a look at > http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=changebars > > -- Scott > Also have a look at the latexdiff script. It works pretty well for text, but sometimes creates problem for display math enviroments. http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/latexdiff/ -- Aditya Mahajan Patrick Guio wrote: > I wonder whether someone knows about any LaTeX package capable to diff > "nicely" two different versions of the same document maintained by cvs? I haven't tried any of these suggestions myself but take a look at http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=changebars -- Scott Aditya Mahajan <adityam@operamail.com> writes: ><<< On Sep 28, Scott Pakin wrote >>> >> I haven't tried any of these suggestions myself but take a look at >> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=changebars > >Also have a look at the latexdiff script. It works pretty well for >text, but somet...

Latex/Doxygen documentation
Anyone use automatically generated Latex style code documentation with Matlab ? Suggestions ? Peter Cotton wrote: > Anyone use automatically generated Latex style code documentation > with Matlab ? > Suggestions ? If you are happy with HTML documentation take a look at m2html available from the central file exchange. In my opinion this is the best documentation tool available for Matlab. -Herbert ...

Shipping LaTeX documents
I want to ship a LaTeX document along with ALL the styles it is using including the onws which have been used indirectly in other packages. Is there anyway of doing this automatically? Mehrdad Ghassempoory wrote: > I want to ship a LaTeX document along with ALL the styles > it is using including the onws which have been used > indirectly in other packages. Is there anyway of doing this > automatically? FAQ. See http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=filesused -- Scott ...

Web resources about - How to include a latex document in another latex document - comp.text.tex

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

Islamic State document leak: Australian computer engineer identified on list of volunteer suicide bombers ...
An Australian would-be suicide bomber is among tens of thousands of Islamic State jihadists whose details have been leaked by a disgruntled former ...

Google commissions award-winning filmmakers to document the private race to the Moon [Video]
If you’ve ever been bored and felt like putting together some kind of tech project, Google suggested one back in 2007 – and there’s still time ...

Discuss the Office documents you share Skype comes to OneDrive
... and now there is another instance of the technology being leveraged. Skype is now being rolled into Office Online so when you share a document ...

Microsoft, Amazon file legal document in support of Apple's FBI fight
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) are among technology industry powerhouses that this week filed a legal document in support ...

Yahoo is ready to talk about a deal and is asking potential buyers to sign confidentiality documents
For months, a few big companies and financial firms have expressed interest in acquiring Yahoo, while the internet company has tried its best ...

3 amendments that resulted in bank rally - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
More than the Budget announcement, it took an action from the central bank to revive the markets. Equity markets ended on a negative note on ...

Documents appear to reveal info on dozens of ISIS recruits
Germans confirm big intel haul, as opposition group publishes 144 apparent ISIS application forms many including from "martyrdom" seekers

ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details
CNN International ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details CNN International Syrian pro-government forces gather ...

Michigan governor releases more Flint emails, documents
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday released another 4,400 pages of his executive office's emails and documents related ...