how to let the text align to the left and right

well, I am writing my Acknowledgements for my thesis work, and at
last, I will write the date and my name, like (let xxx represents the
text)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Frankfurt, May 02                                          Bill Gates

the "Frankfurt, May 02 should be at the very left side", and "Bill
Gates" should be at the very right side, how?

Am 2 May 2007 02:12:28 -0700 schrieb hallohallo2002@hotmail.com:

> well, I am writing my Acknowledgements for my thesis work, and at
> last, I will write the date and my name, like (let xxx represents the
> text)
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> Frankfurt, May 02                                          Bill Gates
>
> the "Frankfurt, May 02 should be at the very left side", and "Bill
> Gates" should be at the very right side, how?

\noindent Frankfurt \hfill Bill

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
hallohallo2002@hotmail.com writes:
> Frankfurt, May 02                                          Bill Gates
>
> the "Frankfurt, May 02 should be at the very left side", and "Bill
> Gates" should be at the very right side, how?

\hfill:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
Frankfurt, May 02\hfill Bill Gates
\end{document}

HTH

Patrick
patrick6547 (101)
5/2/2007 9:17:37 AM
Danke, Zusammen.

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

textarea: get text left and right from selected text
Hello everybody, I am looking for a method to get the text on the left and the right side if a user selects some text in a textarea. Regards Mario *** mariomueller escribi�/wrote (23 Aug 2006 12:31:43 -0700): > I am looking for a method to get the text on the left and the right > side if a user selects some text in a textarea. This article may help: http://www.quirksmode.org/js/selected.html -- -+ http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain ++ Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://bits.demogracia.com +- Mi web de humor con rayos UVA: http://www.demogracia.com -- Hi ...

How to have left and right aligned text on same line?

JRadioButtonMenuItem text too far left + menu item text alignment
Hello all! In my JRadioButtonMenuItem's I set icons. When displayed in a menu along with other JMenuItems or JMenus it's only the JRadioButtonMenuItems TEXT that is displayed a few pixels (4?) to the left. Like this, the alignment in the menu gets screwed and looks really shabby. 1. I tried to fix it by subclassing JRadioButtonMenuItem and overriding paintComponent. Inside I called g.translate(4, 0) to translate 4 pixels right, however the whole painting is shifted right. What do I have to do to only display the text a little to the right? 2. I managed alignment of menu items by set...

text + text

text-text

aligning text and image-text
I use a program to make Email addresses harder for spammers to harvest. It converts them to slightly blurred images using http://mindprod.com/products1.html#MASKER When I embed them in text, I have figured out how to get them to align naturally with the surrounding text, but the browser inserts extra inter-line spacing above the line containing the image. You can see the effect at http://mindprod.com/book/books.html at the bottom of the page where it says: "Please email your feedback for publication, letters to the editor, errors, omissions, typos, formatting errors, ambig...

Newbie query: aligning text elements left and right?
I want to create a single line (header or paragraph) with some short text stuff A aligned flush left, some add'l short text stuff B aligned flush right on the same line. I can do this with Table -- but is this considered bad practice? If so, what's a better way? (Just with tags at the minute -- I'll get to CSS eventually.) Thanks. "AES/newspost" <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote in message news:siegman-41E42A.10253522072004@news.stanford.edu... > I want to create a single line (header or paragraph) with some short > text stuff A aligned flush...

Left and right align text in 1 horizontal nav bar

Text and Image inside table <td> Alight Text Left and Image right in same cell ??
Is that possible? How? <td > <asp:Label ID="StartDateLabel" runat="server" Text="Start Date:"> <asp:imagebutton ID="Imagebutton1" width=18 Height=18 CommandName=SetDate imageUrl="../cal.jpg" runat=server /> </asp:Label> </td> <td > On 2006-10-24, Jason <jason@cyberpine.com> wrote: > Is that possible? How? Set text-align: left on the cell as usual (it's likely to be the default), and make the image float: right. To work around a Firefox float bug, better to put the image befor...

Vertical Align text in text uicontrol
All, How can I vertically align (vertically center) text in a text uicontrol? hEditXmin=uicontrol(... 'Style','Edit',... 'Parent',hPanelWindow,... 'Units','Pixels',... 'Position',[70,400,50,20],... 'String','Xmin') In article <ef5398e.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, David Arnold <dwarnold45@suddenlink.net> wrote: >How can I vertically align (vertically center) text in a text >uicontrol? >hEditXmin=uicontrol(... > 'Style','Edit',... > 'Parent',hPanelWind...

aligning text with space-normalized text
I have a string with a bunch of whitespace in it, and a series of chunks of that string whose indices I need to find. However, the chunks have been whitespace-normalized, so that multiple spaces and newlines have been converted to single spaces as if by ' '.join(chunk.split()). Some example data to clarify my problem: py> text = """\ .... aaa bb ccc .... dd eee. fff gggg .... hh i. .... jjj kk. .... """ py> chunks = ['aaa bb', 'ccc dd eee.', 'fff gggg hh i.', 'jjj', 'kk.'] Note that the origin...

text align right
Hello I've got an issue creating a web page. I've have two pictures sitting where I want them (one left and one right) and I have a heading over the left one but cannot get text to move over the right one. Actually I did get it to go over the right one in one scenario but I had to put a line return in so that the right picture sat down lower than the left. I realize everything is done with styles nowadays but I just need (if possible) a simple html way to do this. Really appreciate all info. --------------code below-------------- <center><b><font size="4&qu...

Right-to-left text
I come back to right-to-left text such as Arabic and Hebrew. (Previous thread was "non-Latin-1 in iCab 3".) My test page http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/right-to-left.html lists all HTML and CSS constructs for bidirectional text. It uses only ASCII digits! You do not need to know Arabic or Hebrew; you don't even need fonts with Arabic or Hebrew letters. If your browser passes this test, it is likely to display Arabic and Hebrew pages correctly. ...

text 2 text

text-align: right in Firefox

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

wxListCtrl -- right aligned text
Hi! Is there any way to right align text in wxListCtrl's cells (report view)? By default it is left aligned... but I wish I had it right aligned in some columns. I haven't found the answer neither in manual nor in groups.google.com. Please help. Best regards, voice ...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

input text right to left
Hi, I am new to java. Am creating a math page for teachers. I have math problems where the input needs to be right to left (e.g. adding two several digit numbers in a column). Is there an easy way to specify that the text insertion point needs to move from right to left instead on the standard left to right? I tried the direction property, but that doesn't seem to work. kd ROBT NISHIDA <kddran.6.26.83@verizon.net> wrote: > I am new to java. Am creating a math page for teachers. I have math > problems where the input needs to be right to left (e.g. adding two several > digit numbers in a column). Is there an easy way to specify that the text > insertion point needs to move from right to left instead on the standard > left to right? I tried the direction property, but that doesn't seem to > work. What kind of "math page" do you mean? HTML as part of a web application? Part of an applet? Please specify, as the answer depends on this. The possibilities I can think of are: - Part of an HTML page: Look at the HTML specification, or one of the dozens reference manuals on HTML. - Part of a Swing interface (either an application or an applet): Have a look at the Java API for ypou input elements. Especially alignment. -- Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/ Software Developer for contact information, see website PGP Key fingerprint: 91F3 6C72 F465 5E98 C246 61...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

alignment of text in a form to the right
Hi is there a possibility to align text to the right in a form? in post: <news:bvlab0$3m7$02$1@news.t-online.com> "Wilhelm Kutting" <wkutting@arcor.de> said: > Hi is there a possibility to align text to the right in a form? form{text-align:right;} but i suspect you mean something like an input element input{text-align:right;} -- brucie - i usenet nude brucie <shit@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote: > but i suspect you mean something like an input element > > input{text-align:right;} Well, text-align does not apply to input ...

uitable: align text to right
The number of the line is attached to data, I would like to align text on the right in the uitable. Thank you. "ventus85 " <ventus85@katamail.com> wrote in message <gn3buh$dd9$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > The number of the line is attached to data, > I would like to align text on the right in the uitable. > > Thank you. based on this previous post it doesn't appear to be possible to right align text in the table: http://www.mathworks.ch/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/169421 "Dave Brackett" <davebrackett@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn3h5a$7cl$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "ventus85 " <ventus85@katamail.com> wrote in message <gn3buh$dd9$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > The number of the line is attached to data, > > I would like to align text on the right in the uitable. > > > > Thank you. > > > based on this previous post it doesn't appear to be possible to right align text in the table: http://www.mathworks.ch/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/169421 it can be done if you set a new TableCellRenderer, as explained here: http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=560517&tstart=88 renderer = javax.swing.table.DefaultTableCellRenderer; renderer.setHorizontalAlignment(javax.swing.SwingConstants.RIGHT); jtable.getColumnModel.getColumn(1).setCellRenderer(renderer); unfortunately, this works only if you use a standard JTable or Matlab'...

Web resources about - how to let the text align to the left and right - comp.text.tex

Align Me on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Align Me. Download Align Me and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, ...

Fresh byte: planets align for data storage to change
It is a toss-up who has more fun: the dudes who get to name the planets or the ones who dream up labels for ultra-mega data quantities.

Dogs align with magnetic fields while pooping, study says
Dogs can typically smell and hear far better than their human companions. Now it appears they can sense Earth's magnetic field too, say a team ...

Align Technology
Your guide to the best in tech.

Kurt Tippett and Lance Franklin align for Sydney Swans for Hawthorn clash at MCG
Sydney will field its all-star forward line against Hawthorn after welcoming back Kurt Tippett for Saturday night's clash at the MCG.

Dan Tehan’s call to bomb Syria does not align with a coherent strategy in the Middle East
&nbsp; &nbsp;The federal Parliament's intelligence and security committee chairman, Dan Tehan, has called on the Australian government to begin ...

No small task for Shorten to re-align the Pendulum
IF Bill Shorten wants to have a pleasant Christmas break with his family he would do well to avoid reading the latest Mackerras electoral Pendulum. ...

Budget 2014: Planets must align for Tony Abbott to reconcile tale of two deficits
The budget leaves the PM grappling with two deficits, one financial, one of trust, writes Chris Uhlmann.

China flat panel display makers align against global rivals
China flat panel display makers align against global rivals

Free Rides: Booze Brands Align With Transportation Apps
Drink one too many Christmas ales? Planning to tip a few back at a Super Bowl party? Plenty of alcohol brands are offering to help pay for your ...