How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?

Hi,

I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with
"standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical
drawings, schemes and diagrams.
(My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some
technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and
many many graphs...
I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with
Windows XP.)

I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how
to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the
document...
Should the text in the graphs also be a serif font or should it be
sans serif as a contrast?

Is there any tutorial how to layout graphics to look great with a
LaTeX document)?
Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over
an included photo?

Martin

p.s. I've already been surfing and procrastinating a lot reading
reviews of different apps (xFig, WinFig, Corel Draw, OmniGraffle,
Inkscape, ipe, j***Edit, ...) and I'm not really sure what would be
the best tool...

p.p.s. WARMreader (http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/WARM/) looks very
interesting - might this be the tool of choice to label graphics?...

0
elwood151 (37)

Lvood wrote:

> Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over
> an included photo?

http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/overlay

Herbert

--
http://PSTricks.tug.org
http://www.dante.de/CTAN/info/math/voss/

> I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how
> to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the
> document...

Use the same font size (around 11pt) in the drawings as in the document.
Draw the figures in the sizes they are meant to have in the final document,
and never ever use scaling when including them. Don't even consider it!

> Should the text in the graphs also be a serif font or should it be
> sans serif as a contrast?

My advice: It should be a sans serif font. More specifically, it should be
the same sans serif font as you have used for headings.

You might want to add
\usepackage[scaled]{helvet}
to use the Helvetica font in headings, which should at least be available in
all drawing programs, and is typically used by default by many graphing
programs.

> p.s. I've already been surfing and procrastinating a lot reading
> reviews of different apps (xFig, WinFig, Corel Draw, OmniGraffle,
> Inkscape, ipe, j***Edit, ...) and I'm not really sure what would be
> the best tool...

Inkscape is great for freehand drawing. R is great for graphs of functions.

But do also check out the excellent Tikz and pgf
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pgf/doc/generic/pgf/version-for-pdftex/en/pgfmanual.pdf
which enables you to 'draw' directly in your document, and works great with
pdflatex. And if you use scaling here, you only scale the coordinate
system, so there is no distortion. Here are some example drawings, with
source code: http://www.fauskes.net/pgftikzexamples/all/

For graphs of the type displayed at http://www.graphviz.org/Gallery.php
use Graphviz with the dot2tex package http://www.fauskes.net/code/dot2tex/
(which again uses Tikz and pgf).

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
Lvood schrieb:
> Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over
> an included photo?

Look at the LaTeX package "overpic". Why do you want a impractical GUI?

....Rolf
Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
 > [...]
 > But do also check out the excellent Tikz and pgf

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pgf/doc/generic/pgf/version-for-pdftex/en/pgfmanual.pdf
 > which enables you to 'draw' directly in your document, and works
great with
 > pdflatex. And if you use scaling here, you only scale the coordinate
 > system, so there is no distortion. Here are some example drawings, with
 > source code: http://www.fauskes.net/pgftikzexamples/all/

There's a very nice chapter in pgfmanual.pdf, called "Guidelines
on Grapahics", about good and bad style for figures.

-- David
0
williams1 (514)
8/31/2007 11:30:34 AM
On 31 Aug., 11:06, Herbert Voss <herber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Lvoodwrote:
> > Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over
> > an included photo?
>
> http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/overlay
>
> Herbert
>
> --http://PSTricks.tug.orghttp://www.dante.de/CTAN/info/math/voss/

Thanks, Herbert!
I'll just have to find out how to use PSTricks with pdfLaTeX.

Martin

0
elwood151 (37)
9/4/2007 8:13:47 AM
On 31 Aug., 12:09, Karl Ove Hufthammer <Karl.Huftham...@math.uib.no>
wrote:
> Lvood:
>
> > I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how
> > to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the
> > document...
>
> Use the same font size (around 11pt) in the drawings as in the document.
> Draw the figures in the sizes they are meant to have in the final document,
> and never ever use scaling when including them. Don't even consider it!
>
> > Should the text in the graphs also be a serif font or should it be
> > sans serif as a contrast?
>
> My advice: It should be a sans serif font. More specifically, it should be
> the same sans serif font as you have used for headings.
>
> You might want to add
> \usepackage[scaled]{helvet}
> to use the Helvetica font in headings, which should at least be available in
> all drawing programs, and is typically used by default by many graphing
> programs.
>
> > p.s. I've already been surfing and procrastinating a lot reading
> > reviews of different apps (xFig, WinFig, Corel Draw, OmniGraffle,
> > Inkscape, ipe, j***Edit, ...) and I'm not really sure what would be
> > the best tool...
>
> Inkscape is great for freehand drawing. R is great for graphs of functions.
>
> But do also check out the excellent Tikz and pgfhttp://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pgf/doc/generic/pgf/version-...
> which enables you to 'draw' directly in your document, and works great with
> pdflatex. And if you use scaling here, you only scale the coordinate
> system, so there is no distortion. Here are some example drawings, with
> source code:http://www.fauskes.net/pgftikzexamples/all/
>
> For graphs of the type displayed athttp://www.graphviz.org/Gallery.php
> use Graphviz with the dot2tex packagehttp://www.fauskes.net/code/dot2tex/
> (which again uses Tikz and pgf).
>
> --
> Karl Ove Hufthammer

Hi Karl Ove,

thanks for your comprehensive reply!

You're right, Inkscape is great for freehand drawing. However, I'm not
sure if it already suited for technical drawings (section with
hatching, ...).

TikZ and pdf look great, however, there is no GUI and even if the
examples in the manual look absolutely great, I'm not sure if this is
the right tool for me. :-(

I tried out ipe and jPicEdt (which both look great!), but in ipe I'm
not able to import a pdf or eps file (I just get an error message) and
jPicEdt does not seem to have functions to crop or intersect
objects...

So, up to now I did not find a (for me) satisfying solution. :-(
Seems that I'll have to try with Inkscape .. but I would appreciate a
way to insert LaTeX labels directly in the drawing editor (as jPicEdt
or ipe could do...)

:-(

Martin

0
elwood151 (37)
9/4/2007 8:21:10 AM
On 31 Aug., 13:30, "David N. Williams" <willi...@umich.edu> wrote:
> Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
>
>  > [...]
>  > But do also check out the excellent Tikz and pgf
>  >http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pgf/doc/generic/pgf/version-...
>  > which enables you to 'draw' directly in your document, and works
> great with
>  > pdflatex. And if you use scaling here, you only scale the coordinate
>  > system, so there is no distortion. Here are some example drawings, with
>  > source code:http://www.fauskes.net/pgftikzexamples/all/
>
> There's a very nice chapter in pgfmanual.pdf, called "Guidelines
> on Grapahics", about good and bad style for figures.

Yes, that's a really interesting read!
Thank you, David!

Martin

0
elwood151 (37)
9/4/2007 8:21:45 AM
On 31 Aug., 12:14, Rolf Niepraschk <Rolf.Niepras...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Lvood schrieb:
>
> > Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over
> > an included photo?
>
> Look at the LaTeX package "overpic". Why do you want a impractical GUI?
>
> ...Rolf

Thank you, Rolf, for pointing out the overpic package.

Well, I would prefer the "impractical" GUI because it is easier (in my
opinion) to position text in a way that it looks good.
Fiddling around with coordinates is (sometimes) more difficult than
just drag and drop...

Anyway, I'll surely give it a try.

Martin

0
elwood151 (37)
9/4/2007 8:25:23 AM
Lvood wrote:
> On 31 Aug., 11:06, Herbert Voss <herber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Lvoodwrote:
>>> Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over
>>> an included photo?
>> http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/overlay
>>
>> Herbert
>>
>> --http://PSTricks.tug.orghttp://www.dante.de/CTAN/info/math/voss/
>
> Thanks, Herbert!
> I'll just have to find out how to use PSTricks with pdfLaTeX.

http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=pdf/pdfoutput

Herbert

--
http://PSTricks.tug.org
http://www.dante.de/CTAN/info/math/voss/
0
herbert49 (260)
9/4/2007 9:07:23 AM
People forgot to mention the psfrag package...

Lvood wrote:
> I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how
> to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the
> document...

hi!

i can't help you with the first part. however, once you found a software
that can produce your drawings, it is easy to make the text in them look
nice with your document (meaning same font, use all tricks of latex).

it is described (for linux, i guess you should be able to make it run
under OSX) at http://www.thamnos.de/sites/latex/index.html#mozTocId91899 .

good luck,
sebastian.

Minimum font size in styled text
Eudora 4.3. I have a nice sharp monitor, set to 1200x1600 resolution. When receiving messages with styled text, often the font size is "tiny" (I expect that it would be OK if I used a lower resolution, but I'd rather not do that). Is there a Eudora setting that forces a minimum size without otherwise altering the font? I went through the list from TidBITS, but nothing looked applicable. thanks, Isaac Isaac Wingfield <isw@witzend.com> wrote: > Is there a Eudora setting that forces a minimum size without otherwise > altering the font? I went throu...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > > > > They are on the Tool Options Palette. This should be the long ribbon Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the new PSP, it's been three long months, but nobody still wants me... I'd forget about trust, place the blame on Z', I think I'll go tie a gold ribbon about the new Adobe :-) Uni ...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style text the thing does get a double box size but still appears smaller StyleBox[FractionBox[x, y], FontSize -> 18] // DisplayForm shows it larger. there are a few ways you can wrap stylebox around every FractionBox whenever FractionBox is input or whenever it's output. see InputAutoReplacements for one way. Another way is to make FractionBox function yourself (call the orig. one but wrap it). Again there may be a Global Option for BoxData or RowBox I can't find that, using Style Text, chooses a bigger font. HOWEVER. If I change from Text style to Input it is changed: my 1/2 is fully double sized again automatically. ** I'd say pop open the Style Sheet and see where the difference is there ** sorry if that didn't help ...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

Adjusting font-size for system font-size
In Windows XP, there's an accessability wizard that allows the user to change the font size for readability. There's probably something similar in other operating systems. I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet. I don't know how to approach this, though, and I'm sure it involves more than CSS. Is it possible to detect this setting? Ian -- http://www.bookstacks.org/ On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote: >I think it would be a nice th...

wxHTML font size: How to make small fonts
Hi all, If I use <FONT SIZE=-2> with wxHtmlWindow, I get smaller fonts than default ones. Fonts are still too large. How can I make then even smaller? Rgds, Mikko --Boundary-02=_eqYeAgvseF6AOep Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Mikko wrote: > If I use <FONT SIZE=3D-2> with wxHtmlWindow, I get smaller fonts than > default ones. Fonts are still too large. How can I make then even > smaller? wxHtmlWindow::SetFonts(). VS =2D-=20 PGP key: 0x465264C9,...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

Font, size and colors of text...
I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? Tks Steph --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 29/09/2003 Hello, On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:09:02 +0200, Stephane Collas wrote: > I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? unfortunately, such a question cannot be answered. Sorry, Stepan Kasal In article <blog21$la4$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr>, Stephane Collas <stephane.collas@wanadoo.fr> wrote: % I am won...

Font and size in controls and text
Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in my other system applications? Apologies for all of the school boy style questions this afternoon, thanks for your help! Graeme In article <BE4E381B.2160%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>, Graeme Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I > should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in > my other syste...

size font on a text box
How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) Something like this... Use the textbox's Exit event. Private Sub txtBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If Len(Me!txtBox) > 25 Then Me!txtBox.FontSize = 12 Else Me!txtBox.FontSize = 10 ' your default here End If End Sub "Themis Parintas ste kardias" <steka2@otenet.gr> wrote in message news:cilpru$k2v$1@usenet.otenet.gr... > How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of > character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) > > ...

Changing font size of text
Hi, I'm working with a rather large Simulink model and most of the blocks are put into subsystems. For a good overview I use masks to give each subsystem a name (I prefer this over the name under the block). If I use "fit the system to view" the text on the blocks becomes very small. Is there a way to change the font size of text with the drawing commands? ...

Huge font size for text
I have an issue with printing notebooks; the input cells print in a small font and the text cells in a huge font. There is much less difference between sizes in the on-screen view. I am using the default style and have set all options to their defaults (at least, I believe so). I'm preparing a notebook for a job application that is important to me and I want to print my output properly. Any suggestions as to what has happened (if anything) and how to fix it? thanks for any help, Matthew. ...

Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document
Hi, I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it is possible - ???) how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size "footnotesize" Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, \floatingfigure \includegraphics \epsfig \minipage the web was searched and some books consulted with out success Best Regards On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:30:49 +0100, Lathe_Biosas <lathe_biosas@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it > is possible - ???) > how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on > the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. > > While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size > "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size > "footnotesize" > > Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, > \floatingfigure > \includegraphics > \epsfig > \minipage > > the web was searched and some books consulted with out success I think you will find the caption package a great relief then. Be sure to grab the latest version from CTAN, see <http://www.ctan.org/info?id=caption>. -- Morten Perfe...

Tk::Pod::Text font sizes
Hi, I figured I'd document my project in POD, and let the users view it via Tk::Pod::Text. It seems to work, but I've got complaints that the font for the normal text is too small, and I think I agree with that assessment. Looking at Text.pm, it looks like a couple calls to the zoom_in method might do the trick, but they don't seem to work properly, at least in my test code. Zoom out goes out so far that nothing is legible, zoom in doesn't seem to do much, and zoom_normal doesn't seem to do anything, even after major zoom-outs. Any clues as to get control...

how to force a font size on a paragraph of text?
Dear all, I am using the "algorithm2e" environment to write my algorithm. It is quite nice looking. However I try to make the font of my algorihtm text one point smaller than normal text. I write the following: {\small \restylealgo{algoruled} \begin{algorithm} ... blah blah blah ... \caption{... ...} \end{algorithm}} It seems the "\small" command does not reduce the size and has no effect at all. I guess the algorithm environment fixed its size... can anybody help me? Thanks, -Jeonyim ...

Font Size on Generic Text Only Driver
A generic text only printer is connected to an EPSON TM-U230 Receipt printer. The default font size is too small for cooks that have a bad eye sight. Is there a way to increase the font size either in the font selection panel or sending some kind of escape command in the printer commands panel? The application does not use the EPSON printer driver and we would rather have the generic device driver set the default font size. Your help would be appreciated in this matter. Andre ...

Font size of text when printing images
Hello i have the problem that when printing images from 2 different series out of one study to a paperprinter, the demographic datas do not have the same size for the images of the different studies. Question: Where in the dicomheader are these values to find (size and fonts of the demograhhics). Any other ideas of that behavior Thanks in advance for your help Martin Hi Moser, How did you print the demographic details? Where did you say that you want demographic details printed? moser martin wrote: > Hello > i have the problem that when printing images from 2 different series out of > one study to a paperprinter, the demographic datas do not have the same size > for the images of the different studies. > > Question: > Where in the dicomheader are these values to find (size and fonts of the > demograhhics). > > Any other ideas of that behavior > > Thanks in advance for your help > > Martin Hi Ramesh i did send the studies from a pacs displaystation to a printserver (hipax) where a paperprinter is connected to. There is no option to enable/disable demographic layouts for printing, it is just a dicom-print from a pacs displaystation. ramesh.s.raghavan@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi Moser, > > How did you print the demographic details? Where did you say that you > want demographic details printed? > > moser martin wrote: > > Hello > > i hav...

Setting font size of text box in VBA
I want to be able to set the font size and font type for text in a text box on a report using VBA. I wan't to be able to control it from a setting in a table. The problem is that I don't know the syntax for setting either font type or font size for a text box on a report. Does anyone know? Help. Please! dixie ctlTextBox.Height = 1440 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch ctlTextBox.Width = 2880 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch 'so you can see the area covered by the textbox ctlTextBox.BackColor = RGB(255, 255, 0) ctlTextBox.FontSize = 20 ctlTextBox.FontName = "Comic San...

how to set font size text within figure?
Dear Sirs, I had this peace of tex code in my text. My tex text as a whole has 10pt size. However, I would like to set just this piece below as 9pt font size. I already tried in vain \begin{small}, but it did not make any effect. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance! Regards, Leo \begin{figure}[htb] \[ \begin{array}{llll} \multicolumn{4}{l} ${\mbox{Level-$(h)$ }} \\[2mm] & & A_{h} \rightarrow B_{h-1}: & \{\mbox{\textsf{mngt}} \mid n_A \mid m\} \\ & & \ldots \\ & & A_{h} \rightarrow D_{h-1}: & \{\mbox{\textsf{mngt}} \mid n_A \mid m\} \en...

print text file with font size 8
What is the best way to print a text file to a particular printer a. with font size 8. b. with font size 8 and add line numbers, file name and date to the output. c. with font size 8 and a diff of its previous version side by side. Thanks. In article <451a2a55.0307281154.134fd42f@posting.google.com>, ma7777772@hotmail.com (TingChong) writes: > What is the best way to print a text file to a particular printer > a. > with font size 8. If it's a PostScript printer, and the text is just ASCII (no UTF-8), then /usr/lib/lp/postscript/postprint -l 0 -s 8 <file | lp -d...

how to set the font size for the message text in the tk_messageBox
Hi, I would to know if it is a way to do this? -- Vaclav Snajdr Hi Vaclav, sorry to say, but there is no way to change the font size of the message part of tk_messageBox. The message dialog that popup, when using tk_messageBox, is a native dialog. On MS Windows this means, that a native WIN32 function is used to create this message dialog. And this WIN32 function does not allow to change the font style or size, but only the alignment! But the change of the alignment is not available in the Tk command tk_messageBox! Best regards, Martin Lemburg UGS - a Siemens Company - Transforming the...

How to set text/font size only for a specific button
I want a toolbar with some 25x25 buttons, the buttons only have numbers as text: "1x", "2x", "3x"...But a button of 25x25 with the font set on the dialogbox resource(FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg", 0, 0, 0x0) will make the text practically disappear(I can see only the top of the numbers at the very bottom of the button). I managed to recreate the font, but its weird, when I set width and height for smaller values, the font position relative to the button keeps getting lower and lower, I have found the size I want, but the text is displayed centralized ...

How to change the font size of colorbar tick text?
I use command 'colorbar' to add a colorbar that can label the amplitude in my figure, but the default font size is too small. After double click on tick of colorbar, I can't find any font icon. Could anyone tell me what I can do to change tick text size of colorbar ? Dear Hsubon. Please consult following example. A=imread('graphic.bmp'); imagesc(A); set(0,'defaultAxesFontSize',20) colorbar; Hsubon wrote: > > > I use command 'colorbar' to add a colorbar that can label the > amplitude in > my figure, but the default font size is too small....

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. ...

Web resources about - How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size? - comp.text.tex

Wikipedia:Graphic Lab/Photography workshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the requests page for the photography workshop. Anyone can make a request for a photograph to be improved for a Wikipedia article. The standard ...

Quirky comic book style resume goes viral as graphic designer goes hunting for a big break
A CRAFTY job hunter has put together the ultimate resume to help her stand out from the pack.

ASUS Unveils 75W GeForce GTX 950 Graphics Card; Powered Entirely By PCIe Slot
... to build their systems. As a consequence, it gets impossible to add a new hard drive to such computers, or install a higher-performance graphics ...

Updated: Mentor Graphics Halted; Q4 Beats; Q1 Guidance Light, But Full-Year View Upbeat
Mentor Graphics ( MENT ) was halted just after the close Thursday before it reported better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings and mixed guidance. ...

A graphic depiction of the problem John Kasich has right now.
I'm watching the Sunday morning shows, and I thought John Kasich gave a great interview on "State of the Union with Jake Tapper." I jumped out ...

Woman shares graphic images to spread skin cancer warning
Woman shares graphic images to spread skin cancer warning

Chicago ABC Station Apologizes For Using McDonald's Restaurant Graphic In Story On Laquan McDonald
Chicago ABC station WLS issued an on-air apology last night after using a McDonald’s restaurant over-the-shoulder graphic to illustrate a story ...

Graphics card market in decline; falls below 30 million units in 2015
Worldwide graphics card shipments dropped around 20% on year to less than 30 million units in 2015. Declines for AMD-based graphics cards were ...

Cheap smartphones will soon get much better graphics
The company that created the iPhone's graphics chip wants to bring its pixel-crunching expertise to dirt-cheap smartphones. Imagination Technologies ...

Ignore the Dhoni-Taskin morphed graphic: Violent imagery has been part of cricket for a long time
Violent imagery isn't new in sport, stop running around like headless chickens over it