how to redefine \begin{align*} ... \end{align*} to \begin{eqnarray*} .... \end{eqnarray*}

Hello;

I am not good with Latex syntax. I think I need to use
\renewenvironment, but I am not getting the syntax right.

Scientific word insists in generating displayed math using

  \begin{align*} ... \end{align*}

and htlatex has a bug in that it does not generate bit mapped
images in this case, so that math looks ugly.

The fix that I found after trial and error is to replace the
above with

\begin{eqnarray*} ....  \end{eqnarray*}

So I assume I need to put something in the preamble to
tell it that. (I know how to make sure this is effective
only only htlatex is running and not pdflatex).

So I just need to know what the syntax is supposed to be
(I need to learn Latex programming more).

(ps. I first found this bug in Nov 2009, and to this day, it
is still not fixed, 3 years later.

http://12000.org/my_notes/on_tex4ht_displayed_math/note.htm

thank you,
--Nasser

0
Nasser

FYI;

Please no need to look into this issue. I have
posted this question on another forum and will
follow it up there.

thank you,
--Nasser

On 2/10/2013 8:43 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I am not good with Latex syntax. I think I need to use
> \renewenvironment, but I am not getting the syntax right.
>
> Scientific word insists in generating displayed math using
>
>    \begin{align*} ... \end{align*}
>
> and htlatex has a bug in that it does not generate bit mapped
> images in this case, so that math looks ugly.
>
> The fix that I found after trial and error is to replace the
> above with
>
> \begin{eqnarray*} ....  \end{eqnarray*}
>
> So I assume I need to put something in the preamble to
> tell it that. (I know how to make sure this is effective
> only only htlatex is running and not pdflatex).
>
> So I just need to know what the syntax is supposed to be
> (I need to learn Latex programming more).
>
> (ps. I first found this bug in Nov 2009, and to this day, it
> is still not fixed, 3 years later.
>
> http://12000.org/my_notes/on_tex4ht_displayed_math/note.htm
>
> thank you,
> --Nasser

0
Nasser

The beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning?
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4747497 The beginning of the end, almost certainly. The cases will drag on into 2008 irrespective, but I'd be very surprised if SCO itself doesn't gone into administration during 2007. They must be almost out of cash by now, and all their assets are probably owed to Novell anyway. We should know more about the cash situation in a couple of weeks. On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, jezlinux wrote: > The beginning of the end, almost certainly. The cases will drag on > into 2008 irrespective, but I'd be very surprised if SCO itself doesn't > gone int...

The party begins after partx begins and ends.
True ...

Begin/rescue/end versus do/end
These don't seem orthogonal. It feels like I should be able to do obj.meth do |x| #... rescue SomeException => ex #... end and that either begin should be something like a Kernel method: def begin yield end (although maybe with optional "do"), or blocks could be standalone expressions if not part of a method call (this doesn't _seem_ to cause ambiguity, but someone cleverer could probably find some). So I could do do #... rescue SomeException => ex #... end which behaves just like "begin", and I wouldn't have to use blocks in some places (ite...

The beginning of the end
Lenovo is now [mis]handling the older adapters. Be afraid, very afraid. Scanners on maximum suck. Lenovo has no files or further information. Leave it to the Reds to erase the past. Mortification of the mind! Louis Ohland wrote: > Lenovo is now [mis]handling the older adapters. Be afraid, very afraid. > > Scanners on maximum suck. ...

aligning eqnarray
Hi, Sorry for asking such a simple question to which the solution probably is listed somewhere, but I can't find it... Either I would like: 1) Eqnarray seems to right-justify my equation and I want it centered. or 2) Alternatively I've also tried aligning with $=$ but that will make (pdf)latex put the '=' in the middle of the line, so the rest of the equation is too long. Therefore the '=' should be moved to the left.... Minimal example is ready to copy/paste. It looks stupid with that right-alignment IMHO... Don't know why latex does that using "def...

The beginning of the end
Greetings, Why is Microsoft so hysterical about Linux? http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/11/10/1919237&mode=thread&tid=17&tid=85 "SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 10, 2003 MontaVista Software, Inc., the company powering the embedded revolution today announced that MontaVista� Linux� Professional Edition is the chosen operating system (OS) for Sharp Corporations (TS:6753) HG-01S (also known as Galileo), a home digital information server. The HG-01S is the core product in Sharps vision of a connected ubiquitous home network, and can be connected to devices such as...

align and eqnarray
I tried to use align for the following, as eqnarray is not doing what I want most of the time, but there are times when one has multiline eqns. and doesn't want to align at =. The following comes out as I want, though I don't really know what is going on, which bothers me. \begin{eqnarray*} (\quad|\quad)_{p} \colon \Lambda^{q} \times \Lambda^{p} \to \Lambda^{q-p} \colon (\alpha,\beta) \to (\alpha|\beta)_{p} \equiv \alpha(\beta) \qquad q \ge p,\; \textup{defined by} \\ (\alpha(\beta)|\gamma) = \alpha(\beta,\gamma) \equiv (\alpha|\beta \wedge \gamma) \quad \textup{where} \quad \alpha \...

the beginning of the end?
Hmmm. As a Mac user since 1986 or so, and a guy that loves new stuff, and is one of those early adopters, Lion is the first new OS that I haven't wanted. That bothers me. surely I should be drooling over its new features, and keen to install it on my iMac and MacBook Pro ASAP. But I dont want it - In particular I dont like the idea of not having a 'save as' feature, something I use a lot and need. Sometimes I need to save copies in different formats, to different places on my Macs. And although I use my iPhone and my iPad every day, I dont want to swite on my Macs, and ...

eqnarray and alignment
Here is some tex-file. --- foo.tex : BEGIN --- \documentclass{llncs} \begin{document} \mainmatter \begin{eqnarray} 12; \\ 3456. \end{eqnarray} \end{document} ---- foo.tex : END ---- --- foo.ps : BEGIN --- 12; (1) 3456. (2) ---- foo.ps : END ---- We can see that "12" is aligned to right side according to "3456". I would like "12" to be centered, i.e. ----------------------- 12; (1) 3456. (2) ----------------------- -- Alex Vinokur email: alex DOT vinokur AT gmail DOT com http...

joke: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}.
\documentclass{article} \begin{document} \def\else{Ha! Ha!} \end{document} Hello! When running the example above, I get the following message: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. Well. OK. Why is this an error? Regards Ulrich "Ulrich Diez" <ulrich.diez@alumni.uni-tuebingen.de> writes: > \documentclass{article} > \begin{document} > \def\else{Ha! Ha!} > \end{document} > > Hello! > > When running the example above, I get the following message: > > LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? Because you broke LaTeX. Use \newcommand\else{Oops} and find out. Hell, you get bogus "Extra }" errors from fragile commands in moving arguments, without even breaking LaTeX itself. Some other attractive command names are \box, \output, \above, \count, \day, \if, \mark, \number, \over, \read, ... all of which are fundamental TeX commands, used internally. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> writes: > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? > Because you broke LaTeX. OK, I did understand the posting to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (or "cheeky") but I didn't notice the "subject" or realize it was a straight-out joke. Sorry to be a rube. In my defence, I've been typing "less secure" in ernest today. -- Donald Arseneau ...

align, followed by text and an other align
Hello, I would like to write some formulas in the align environment, then some normal text and then again some formulas in the align environment. Is there a way to do so, so that all the formulas align in the same way? Regards, Passien Passien Begoen schrieb: > I would like to write some formulas in the align environment, then some > normal text and then again some formulas in the align environment. Is > there a way to do so, so that all the formulas align in the same way? Hello, try the \intertext command: \begin{align} A &= B \\ \intertext{text} C &= D \end{ali...

begin declare continue handler for sqlstate '42704' begin /* Ignore */ end@
I have a script that looks like this: I'm not getting the syntax for declaring a continue handler. I have: set path sysibm,sysfun,sysproc,sysibmadm@ begin declare continue handler for sqlstate '42704' begin /* Ignore */ end@ alter table can drop constraint can_fk2@ end Which results in this: begin declare continue handler for sqlstate '42704' begin /* Ignore */ end DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned: SQL0104N An unexpected token "declare" was found following "begin ". Expected tokens may include: "JOIN <joined_table>". SQLSTATE=42601 Thanks. gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a script that looks like this: > > I'm not getting the syntax for declaring a continue handler. > > I have: > > set path sysibm,sysfun,sysproc,sysibmadm@ > > begin declare continue handler for sqlstate '42704' > begin /* Ignore */ end@ > alter table can drop constraint can_fk2@ > end > > > Which results in this: > > begin declare continue handler for sqlstate '42704' begin /* Ignore */ > end > DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was > not a > valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it > returned: > SQL0104N An unex...

Posgres Adding braces at beginning and end of text (html) content
Hi All, I'm fairly new to both tcl and postgres and I'm having this peculiar problem. I'm storing raw html in a text field and I want users who know HTML to update the content in a textarea field. The problem is that postgres is adding braces to the beginning and ending of the content -- On creation and every time I update, using ncgi and tclobdc. ie I input: <h1>Hello World </h1> <p>xyz <p/> .......... into the text area field, save: set page_content [ ncgi::value fieldname] database connect dbh $datasource $dbuser $dbpassword set sql "INS...

Begin..End Sequence
Hello all I have a window with a button-method to save my transaction which in turn calls 2 more methods e.g. Method SaveTrans() Class MyWind ...... Commands to save transaction then SELF:UpdateCustomer() SELF:UpdateAsset() RETURN NIL If any one should fail, I do not want to complete the others so a BEGIN..END SEQUENCE should work. My question is where is the best place to start the SEQUENCE and the best places to put the BREAK statements? Thanks Trevor Hi Trevor BEGIN SEQUENCE SELF:UpdateCustomer() SELF:UpdateAsset() RECOVER (eventu...

The beginning of the end for MS
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. said on Thursday that its quarterly profit and revenue rose thanks to strong sales of personal computers. The Redmond, Washington-based company reported a net profit of $2.69 billion, or 25 cents per share, for its fourth fiscal quarter ended June 30, compared with a profit of $1.48 billion, or 14 cents per share, a year earlier. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5489825/ DFS comments: Earnings are up only 82% from the same quarter a year ago?!?!? Horrible! They're dying for sure. It's only a matter of time. You all saw it coming, years ago. The end is nea...

valarray, why no begin() / end()?
Does any one know why there is no begin() / end() functions for valarray? -- Christopher Diggins http://www.cdiggins.com [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] "christopher diggins" <cdiggins@videotron.ca> writes: | Does any one know why there is no begin() / end() functions for valarray? Because they are thought of as "whole thingy" collections rather than sequences. You might argue that associative containers are not sequences, but the difference here is that, fun...

The Beginning of the End of the Internet?
FCC Policies That Damaged Media Now Threatening Internet REMARKS OF MICHAEL J. COPPS FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSIONER "THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE INTERNET? DISCRIMINATION, CLOSED NETWORKS, AND THE FUTURE OF CYBERSPACE" as presented to NEW AMERICA FOUNDATION WASHINGTON, DC OCTOBER 9, 2003 http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-239800A1.doc Forwarded from the Private Wireless Forum for Mobile Communication Professionals http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrivateWirelessForum ...

HyperThreading begining of the end!
As most people know by now Hyperthreading, has a security flaw found by researchers working with the BSD projects. http://www.daemonology.net/hyperthreading-considered-harmful/ Another good article can be found here: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1815954,00.asp After reading the eweek article, it seems that a few people are miffed at this discovery, one even suggests it might be easier to just take the machine. Another one suggest that it would best be solved in a software update, and for now to just turn off HyperThreading. We know that Intel is moving away from Netb...

latex eqnarray alignment
I have a long list of mathematical equations that I want to align. The alignment I want is given by \begin{array}{lcc} a& = & 1 b& = & 2 .......etc \end{array} However the list of equations is so long that it extends to more than one page and the 'array' environment does seem to wrap over more than one page. I can fix the page breaking problem by using the 'eqnarray*' environment: \begin{eqnrray*} a& = & 1 b& = & 2 .......etc \end{eqnarray*} but now the alignment is effectively {rcl} instead of the {lcc} that I want. Can anyone suggest a...

The beginning of the end for google?
The beginning of the end for google? ------------------------------------ Google has just 'innocently' agreed to skew search results from not showing up popular sites for media content to please Hollywood. This innocent move effectively puts 3rd parties in control of the google search results. The very same thing that killed all other search engines because their politics and revenue streams directly interfered with search results leading to search results that have no connection to end user expectations. If 3rd parties are now in charge of google's search res...

the beginning of the end for SCO
IBM Takes New Tack in SCO Legal Battle Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols Aug 17 2004 IBM is trying to knock out SCO's Linux intellectual property claims with a new tactic. [...] "The focus of IBM's motion is not on the Unix System V code that SCO claims IBM copied. It is instead on source code that IBM claims was developed independently, is not subject to copyright infringement claims, and so (says IBM) can freely be contributed to Linux." IBM does not say, however, that it actually had contributed any code to Linux. [Kelly Talcott - Kirkpatrick & Lockhart] This also means...

Temporaries
Sorry about this, but its driving me up the wall. First some code: typedef unsigned int size_t; struct AddOp { template<class I1, class I2> static inline float call(size_t i, const I1& i1, const I2& i2) { return i1[i] + i2[i]; } }; struct MultOp { template<class I1, class I2> static inline float call(size_t i, const I1& i1, const I2& i2) { return i1[i] * i2[i]; } }; class Expr { float data; public: Expr(float arg_data) : data(arg_data) {} float operator[](size_t i) const {return data;} }; template<class I1, class I2, class Op> class Expr3 { const I1& i1; const I2& i2; public: Expr3(const I1& ai1, const I2& ai2) : i1(ai1), i2(ai2) { } float operator[](size_t i) const { return Op::call(i, i1, i2); } template<class E> Expr3<Expr3, E, AddOp> operator+(const E& e) const { return Expr3<Expr3, E, AddOp>(*this, e); } }; struct Vec4 { Vec4(float all) : x(all), y(all), z(all), w(all) { } Vec4(float ax, float ay, float az, float aw = 1) : x(ax), y(ay), z(az), w(aw) { } float x, y, z, w; float operator[](size_t i) const { switch(i) { case 0: return x; case 1: return y; case 2: return z; case 3: return w; default: return 0xdeadbeef; } // HACKHACKHACK :-) // return (&x)[i] } const Vec4& operator=(float arg) { x = y = z = w = arg; return *this; } Expr3<Vec4, Expr, MultOp> operator*(float e) const { // **** r...

The Beginning of the End for Microsoft
Contrary to what most people believe, the Beginning of the End for Microsoft will NOT start by events unfolding in the United States but in the European Union, the most powerfull economic block in the world. The Beginning will be marked by the day that the European Commission announces that henceforth ALL personal computers sold in the EU must be sold seperately from the operating system. From that day on, Microsoft will lose at least half of all new sales to Linux and support for the Linux operating system by ISV's will increase markedly. Huge competition breaks out between Linux vendors...

beginning and ending of a month
Is there an easy way to determine that a date is withing a particular month of a year? On Jun 7, 9:21 am, william kossack <wskoss...@comcast.net> wrote: > Is there an easy way to determine that a date is withing a particular > month of a year? Welllll the easiest way is a simple if statement with the between dates... (using > < etc..); But it reallys depends on how robust/ automated you want your program to be... Example if you want to flag Oct2007 obs... (if you only want to output then use 'then output;') see below.. Remember you asked for the easiest way! no do...

Web resources about - how to redefine \begin{align*} ... \end{align*} to \begin{eqnarray*} .... \end{eqnarray*} - comp.text.tex

Newest 'google-chrome-devtools' Questions - Stack Overflow

The TeX Catalogue OnLine, Alphabetic Ctan Edition
Search - Home - Alpha - Brief - Topical - Hierarchical TeX Catalogue (Alphabetic Ctan Edition) Graham Williams A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H ...

Fluxions for Fun and Profit: Euler, Trapezoidal, Verlet, or Runge-Kutta?
First of all, just pretend I didn't bring up anything complicated. We're exposed to the effects of differential equations every day, whether ...

Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic
Let us begin by noticing that, in a certain sense, there are two kinds of natural number : composite numbers and prime numbers. Composite numbers ...

A Line Charge: Electrostatic Potential and Field
The potential of a finite line charge is calculated. Approximations are performed and shown to correspond to known results, i.e. the infinite ...

Sharpe Ratio for Algorithmic Trading Performance Measurement
Discusses the Sharpe Ratio is applied to algorithmic trading strategies, as well as its limitations and drawbacks

Order Statistics 10/30
Order Statistics 10/30

What if we got the sign wrong on monetary policy?
I've been following with interest the rumblings of economists playing with an amazing idea what if we have the sign wrong on monetary policy? ...

2.3.2. What is artifact (single-point) calibration?
The operational definition of bias is that it is thedifference between values that would be assigned to an artifact by theclient laboratory and ...

Predictability and correlation
Today another little note that I discovered while teaching. Warning: this will only be of any interest at all to time-series finance academics. ...