incalc.sty, kvsetkeys.sty and packages for use with (e)TeX

Hello Mr Oberdiek,

1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd
defined after the end of the input.

Your packages generally starts with:
\TMP@EnsureCode...
\edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput }

May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax
(or \noexpand\@undefined).

2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible
to know if a package is loaded by \RequirePackage
or via \input or \InputIfFileExits (may be the
file stack contain some information) but if you:

\input intcalc.sty\relax

in a LaTeX document you get either:

LaTeX Warning: You have requested package `',
                but the package provides `intcalc'.

Or:

! LaTeX Error: Can be used only in preamble.

The fact that each line conciensciously end with %
makes me think that that file could be loaded anywhere...
But i admit this 2) point is also a question of design.

Best regards.
0
gouailles (1755)

I have added it (\@undefined) for the packages that define
`\...@AtEnd' with a final `\endinput' at least.

> 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible
> to know if a package is loaded by \RequirePackage
> or via \input or \InputIfFileExits (may be the
> file stack contain some information) but if you:
>
> \input intcalc.sty\relax

LaTeX performs additional work in \usepackage/\RequirePackage.

> in a LaTeX document you get either:
>
> LaTeX Warning: You have requested package `',
>                 but the package provides `intcalc'.

The requested package is not set by \input.

> Or:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Can be used only in preamble.

Many commands are restricted to the preamble in LaTeX. An example is
the loading of packages.

> The fact that each line conciensciously end with %

Not each line.

> makes me think that that file could be loaded anywhere...

It is just a measure to prevent unwanted spaces.
(An alternative would be using `\endlinechar=-1 '.

> But i admit this 2) point is also a question of design.

And the support for arbitrary package loading would arise lots of
other design questions:
* local/global scope,
* options,
* ...
And since nobody (except you of course :-)) would know or even expect
this "feature", there is no point in implementing it except wasting
time.

--
Heiko Oberdiek
Le 24/11/2012 08:50, Heiko Oberdiek a �crit :
> GL <gouailles@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have added it (\@undefined) for the packages that define
> `\...@AtEnd' with a final `\endinput' at least.

Well. You told me you had a script to prepare the .dtx so
i thought you wouldn't mind of the "request".

> And the support for arbitrary package loading would arise lots of
> other design questions:
> * local/global scope,
> * options,
> * ...
> And since nobody (except you of course :-)) would know or even expect
> this "feature", there is no point in implementing it except wasting
> time.

I don't expect it ! Departing from the LaTeX rules for package loading
may be seen as a faulty feature.

Thanks. Have a nice day.
0
gouailles (1755)

etex.sty : Why e-TeX ?
Well... the matter sounds somewhat like a provocation. But for such a "package" that extends the plain TeX kernel, I'd expected one could load it without LaTeX. Am I missing something on CTAN ? FC PS: For the CTAN team at: http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/etex-pkg.html there is the sentence: "The etoolbox and etextools packages provide macros that make more sophisticated use of e-TeX�s facilities." As the author of etextools, I can say that this package is rather experimental or for educational purpose, and to be honest not ...

Using everyshi.sty with multicol.sty
I am finishing up typesetting a book with Latex, and have managed to implement just about all of the recommendations of the copy-editor and designer -- but I couldn't manage to automate one thing. As requested by the press, I am using everyshi.sty in the indexes in order to print a line that says "foo (cont.)" in the first column of every verso page that continues an index heading from the page before. I have added an \EveryShipout hook that checks the page number and the marks set in the .ind files (using extramarks.sty), and prints the necessary "cont." line as first...

TeX / e-TeX disc groups ???
Hello, I found in eTeX manual that there exists disc groups (type number 10). I really don't see what they are... ;-( Any help ? On 10/21/2010 03:02 AM, GL wrote: > Hello, > > I found in eTeX manual that there exists disc groups (type number 10). These are active for a very short time while scanning the arguments of \discretionary. Best wishes, Taco ...

framed.sty + chngpage.sty + float.sty
dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages framed, cngpage, and float. I would like to have floats that are style "float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the marginparwidth. alas, I can get floats with colored background, or floats which extend into the marginparwidth, but not both. this is easy to show with the latex segment below. (if there is a more advanced package out there that has more features than float.sty that cover this, please let me know and ignore this post.) any help would be appreciated. sincerely, /ivo welch ...

Problem using pinyin.sty and pifont.sty
Using the hyperref package along with pinyin.sty conflicts. It turns out that hyperref calls pifont.sty which redefines the \ding macro and ends up in the following message: ,---- | *hyperref using default driver hpdftex* | (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def | (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/pifont.sty | | ! LaTeX Error: Command \ding already defined. | Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual. | | See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation. | Type H <return> for immediate help. | ... | | l.55 \newcommand{\ding}{\Pisymbol{pzd}} `-...

Using border.tex on an existing tex document
Hi I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around = a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border = appears but all of my content disappears. Without \borderson the page conte= nt renders as expected (though of course, no border!). I've tried fiddling = with the page dimensions etc but I'm not entirely convinced thats whats cau= sing it. The border.tex macro looks like it should do exactly what I want, = apart from the missing content ;( The original tex content...

color.sty, xcolor.sty, pstricks.sty relationship
Here's the situation. A document, run off on a version of LaTeX about five years old, uses color.sty and pstricks.sty. Works fine. Run off on a current version of LaTeX, it also works fine. However, the DVI output is completely different, and when converted to PostScript, the resulting PS file is also completely different. The printed output appears to be the same--but how can I tell for certain? Also, looking at the LaTeX log shows that color.sty is no longer being loaded at all. Has it been subsumed into xcolor.sty? Finally, looking at the PS files, it appears that one promi...

a good TeX parser for use by software that needs to read TeX?
Does anyone know of a good TeX parser for use by software that needs to read TeX? In particular, has anyone used the perl Text::TeX parser, http://search.cpan.org/~ilyaz/etext.1.6.3/eText/utils/Text/TeX.pm ? I have a 1500-page set of latex documents that I want to be able to generate html versions of, and the latex->html converters I've been able to find don't seem flexible enough, so I'm planning to write my own code in perl. Having a good parser already written for me would be a big help. However, my initial attempts to use Text::Tex have left me in some doubt as to whether ...

placing a .sty file into TeX path
I tried to install the envlab package, and its readme suggested that its .sty and .cfg files should be moved into the LaTeX search path. I guessed that this meant (under Linux, debian, sarge) creating a /opt/share/texmf/envlab directory and copying the .sty file into it, and also copying the .cfg file into /etc/texmf/latex/ directory. Nevertheless, when I try to compile a tex file that uses the package, I get the error, file envlab.sty not found. Where did I go wrong? -- Haines Brown, KB1GRM Haines Brown wrote: > I tried to install the envlab package, and its ...

margin with float.sty? [tex companion]
Dear TeXperts: I just realized that I want to copy one feature of the TeX Companion. I have very large margins in my book, in which I set a variety of entertaining marginpar notes, similar to the LaTeX companion (ed2). Alas, as in the companion, I would like my figures and tables to extend farther out into the margin than ordinary text, because tables and figures don't need marginpar notes. (I also use a \floatstyle{ruled}.) Is there a package that accomplishes this painlessly? regards, /iaw ivowel@gmail.com schrieb: > Dear TeXperts: I just realized that I want to copy one f...

[9fans] KerTeX: e-TeX, CWEB and packaging!
Hello, A supplementary note for Plan9 users before reproducing the announce. I was testing the new version on Plan9 when the infamous "Disk full" error occured [my plan9 installation is still the initial one...]. So I have tested the compilation. The installation should go without problem, but there is a new thing that I have not tested: the new! packaging system. More pr=E9cisely, to install LaTeX for example there is a "pkg_latex.sh" scripts that handles everything. The problem is not here, but in the "system dependent" part of pkglib.sh, indeed the http/ftp...

using TeX characters in a GUI text box
I am trying to use a TeX character such as the Greek letter mu in a GUI textbox, but I cannot get this to work. If I try to set the 'string' property for the GUI object using '\mu' this just displays '\mu'. Is there a way I can use the 'text' command as you would for a figure to put Greek letters into GUI objects? "Sean Larkin" <slarkin71278@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message <gk37he$t7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is there a way I can put Greek letters into GUI objects? I don't know for sure, but you might be able to do this using ...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

CTAN upload notification: ltabptch.sty, ltabtest.tex
----- Forwarded message from Uwe L�ck ----- Name of contribution: ltabptch.sty, ltabtest.tex Name and email: Uwe L�ck Suggested location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/ltabptch/ Summary description: [update:] diagnosis motivating longtable patches improved; +demonstrating .tex License type: LaTeX Project Announcement text: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Recall: According to tool...

e-TeX version of \setlength etc./ `calc` package
The 'calc' package allows for infix notation expression for \setlength, \ad= dtolength, \setcounter and \addtocounter. With e-TeX this can also be achieved with \dimexpr and \numexpr (except for= the \widthof{...} etc. macros). I wonder why there is no package like `eca= lc` which redefines the above macros to use the e-TeX primitives. These cou= ld be defined rather easily as: \def\setlength#1#2{#1=3D\dimexpr#2\relax} \def\addtolength#1#2{\advance#1 \dimexpr#2\relax} \def\setcounter{\@ifundefined {c@#1}{\@nocounterr {#1}}{\global \csname c@#= 1\endcsname\numexpr#2\relax} \def\addtoc...

TOC breaking by using hyperref.sty package loaded
Dear All, In my document, I need to use hyperref.sty, as all the cross references sho= uld be link. Everything, working fine except the "Contents" page. In conten= ts page, all headings are not breaking, all those was exceed the page width= .. I am using MikTeX version 2.9, and dvips for ps creation and Acrobat Dist= iller used for ps2pdf creation.=20 Note that this was possible by using PDFLaTeX, but I need PS file too. Kind= ly help me in this regard. Thnx, MadYuv Am Sat, 6 Jul 2013 01:12:32 -0700 (PDT) schrieb saravanan.murugaiah@gmail.com: > In my document, I need to use hyperref.sty, as all the cross > references should be link. Everything, working fine except the > "Contents" page. In contents page, all headings are not breaking, > all those was exceed the page width. I am using MikTeX version > 2.9, and dvips for ps creation and Acrobat Distiller used for > ps2pdf creation. See section "7 Limitations Wrapped/broken link support" in the readme.pdf of hyperref. -- Ulrike Fischer http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/ Ulrike Fischer <news3@nililand.de> writes: > Am Sat, 6 Jul 2013 01:12:32 -0700 (PDT) schrieb > saravanan.murugaiah@gmail.com: > >> In my document, I need to use hyperref.sty, as all the cross >> references should be link. Everything, working fine except the >> "Contents" page. In contents page, all headings are not brea...

timest.sty + mathpazo.sty
I've read a few posts recently in which knowldegeable contributors recommend not to use times.sty (any more(?)). However only one month ago I have prepared a non-maths document for my girlfriend (about a project for an exposition of dolls, FWIW) which included in the preamble the following packages[1]: \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{textcomp} \usepackage[italian]{babel} \usepackage[italian]{SIunits} \usepackage{times} \usepackage{mathpazo} \usepackage{pifont} \usepackage{wasysym} \usepackage{multicol} mathpazo.sty was there mostly because even if the ...

fourier.sty and bm.sty
Hi, I just found out that bm.sty doesn't work with fourier.sty. If I call bm before fourier, I ended up with bold italic symbols in CM font. If I call bm after fourier, I ended up with poorman's bold math symbols. However, I'm able to declare a new math fonts \mathbfit, as suggested by the author, by \DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathbfit}{T1}{fut\mathfamilyextension}{bx}{it} and get the real bold italic math symbols in Utopia font, as I want. Did I do anything wrong or fourier and bm are not compatible. Thanks, Xiaotian Xiaotian Sun schrieb: > > If I > call bm after...

Table.TeX in Plain TeX
Dear all Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX". Can any one supply this or give any ideas of where it can be found. Thanks and Regards Saravanan,M. India Saravanan_Typesetter@yahoo.co.in (Saravanan,M.) writes: >Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in >Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX". i suspect you may be thinking of tables.tex (plural tables). that is available on ctan, together with some documenta...

TeX programming for XML TeX
Dear TeX programmers, Kindly guide me how to develop the XML TeX work flow. Regards, Ganesh On 04/07/11 06:20, Ganesh Loganathan wrote: > Dear TeX programmers, > > Kindly guide me how to develop the XML TeX work flow. You have asked this several times. Have you done any work on finding out what to do? Do you mean XMLTeX (the program) or "XML and TeX" as a generic platform? Transforming XML to LaTeX requires learning a transformation scripting language such as XSLT. This should be your first task. The workflow looks something like this: 1. Author's text (usually...

Lucida fonts via lucimatx.sty in Y&Y TeX
Has anybody succeeded in getting the new distribution of Lucida fonts to work in LaTeX in Y&Y TeX using the lucimatx package? If so, how? -- Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H) University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) 710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801 Amherst, MA 01003-9305 ...

TeX
Hi, I am attempting to get emTeX running. Does anyone have recent experience with this software? In particular, will installation of the emx dll included with the package conflict with more recent emx releases? Also, is support for recent printers available anywhere? TIA RWM On 2004-06-16, Robert Murr <rwmurr@pcmagic.net> wrote: > I am attempting to get emTeX running. If you don't have a special reason to install emTeX I would start with VTex. There is a OS/2-Version that's free for personal use. Works very well. http://www.micropress-inc.com > Does anyone have recent experience with this software? > > In particular, will installation of the emx dll included with the > package conflict with more recent emx releases? Allways make shure that you use _only_ the latest emx-runtime (0.9d) > Also, is support for recent printers available anywhere? For recent printers you might use ghostcript via 'uniprint' Franz Franz Bakan wrote: >On 2004-06-16, Robert Murr <rwmurr@pcmagic.net> wrote: > > > >>I am attempting to get emTeX running. >> >> > >If you don't have a special reason to install emTeX >I would start with VTex. There is a OS/2-Version >that's free for personal use. Works very well. > >http://www.micropress-inc.com > > > >>Does anyone have recent experience with this software? >&g...

TeX
Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com ...

Installing Package algorithmicx sty package problem
Hi, I have installed a package algorithmicx in my /usr/local/share/texmf directory. And this is the only contents I have. texmf/doc/latex/algorithmicx/algorithmicx.pd texmf/doc/latex/algorithmicx/algorithmicx.tex texmf/tex/latex/algorithmicx/algc.sty texmf/tex/latex/algorithmicx/algorithm.sty texmf/tex/latex/algorithmicx/algorithmicx.sty texmf/tex/latex/algorithmicx/algpascal.sty texmf/tex/latex/algorithmicx/algpseudocode.sty texmf/tpm/package/algorithmicx.tpm I have also made some adjustment in my texmf.cnf file. However when I run "latex algorithmicx.tex" it gi...

Web resources about - incalc.sty, kvsetkeys.sty and packages for use with (e)TeX - comp.text.tex