Is there a way to get rid of Caption Label added by LaTeX?

I really want to provide caption label by my self as portion of the
caption text. For example:

\begin{figure}[htbp]
\centering

\includegraphics{tree.png}
\caption{\textbf{Figure IV}:  Shown Tree.}\end{figure}

Thanks.

H Xia <huayang.xia@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really want to provide caption label by my self as portion of the
> caption text. For example:
>
> \begin{figure}[htbp]
> \centering
>
> \includegraphics{tree.png}
> \caption{\textbf{Figure IV}:  Shown Tree.}\end{figure}

Have a look at the caption package.

Ciao
Enrico
0
gregorio (1367)
4/20/2007 9:07:36 PM
On Apr 20, 5:07 pm, Enrico Gregorio <grego...@math.unipd.it> wrote:
> H Xia <huayang....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I really want to provide caption label by my self as portion of the
> > caption text. For example:
>
> > \begin{figure}[htbp]
> > \centering
>
> > \includegraphics{tree.png}
> > \caption{\textbf{Figure IV}:  Shown Tree.}\end{figure}
>
> Have a look at the caption package.
>
> Ciao
> Enrico

Thanks. This will do:

\usepackage[labelformat=empty, labelsp=none]{caption}

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Change caption label text with caption package
Hi, I couldnt make out how to modify the label caption text while using the caption (caption2) package. At the moment, my captionsetup looks like this: \DeclareCaptionLabelSeparator{period-newline}{\newline} \captionsetup{singlelinecheck=true, width=0.9\textwidth, justification=raggedright, labelfont={bf,small}, labelsep=endash, textfont={small}, format=hang} I would be thankful for any help. regards, matthias ...

Placing text in PICT, problem getting text all the way to the bottom
49G+ I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am doing it placing labels on the drawing. I use a short line of code below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing: { # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is two pixels up from the bottom. Any advice to get it all the way down to the bottom or this not possible on the 49G+. >I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am &g...

Is there a way to get rid of...
These ads. How do we make them go away? Is this possible? jules Gilbert wrote: > These ads. > How do we make them go away? Is this possible? yes, but you will have to not check or post on this group. yg -- http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org jG> These ads. You mean spam? jG> How do we make them go away? Is this possible? Yup. You should use a real usenet server, not groups.google.com. E.g. you can get news.sunsite.dk account here:http://dotsrc.org/usenet/ There's almost no spam there. On Jul 22, 3:01=A0pm, "Captain Obvious" <udode...@users.sourcefo...

getting rid of text in TextArea
how do you dynamically get rid of text in a TextArea? (no way of doing what in JS you would do like this textArea.value = ""; ??? thank you.. Frances In article <430f6970$0$18645$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, Frances <fdr58@yahoo.com> wrote: > how do you dynamically get rid of text in a TextArea? > > (no way of doing what in JS you would do like this > > textArea.value = ""; ??? > > thank you.. > > Frances RTFM. The AWT TextArea and Swing JTextArea both support a setText() call to do what you want. -- Steve ...

How to get rid of TDBImage label
Hi, I added a TDBImage VCL on my form, linked it to a TAdsTable. I don't open the table right away. When the form shows, a (DBImage1) label always show on this control. Is there a way to hide (or delete) this label? (I don't want my users to see it, but don't want them to open the table until it is necessary). Thanks for any suggestion. Chris Leong "Chris" <christopher.leong@verizon.net> a �crit dans le message de news: BAvXa.8519$W%3.6514@nwrdny01.gnilink.net... > Hi, > > I added a TDBImage VCL on my form, linked it to a TAdsTable. I don't open > the table right away. When the form shows, a (DBImage1) label always show on > this control. Is there a way to hide (or delete) this label? (I don't want > my users to see it, but don't want them to open the table until it is > necessary). I think you mean the caption. just erase it in the Object Inspector. How can I find the Caption property in the object inspector? Chris "John of Aix" <j.murphyNOSPAM@libertysurf.fr> wrote in message news:bgmgeq$p1qqq$23@ID-157326.news.uni-berlin.de... > > "Chris" <christopher.leong@verizon.net> a �crit dans le message de > news: BAvXa.8519$W%3.6514@nwrdny01.gnilink.net... > > Hi, > > > > I added a TDBImage VCL on my form, linked it to a TAdsTable. I don't > open > > the table right away. When the form shows, a ...

Latex-style label text
In a label, can I use a LaTeX maths mode text like $x_i$? I have the gnuplot manual, and from somewhere I have a couple of sheets called "Syntax for postscript enhanced option". I feel lucky that I have this (but it says nothing about LaTeX mode), but could that kind of information not be included in the manual? Maybe it is, I suppose, in a version newer than mine, which is from August 2007... -- Dieter Britz (dieterhansbritz<at>gmail.com) Am 27.10.2010 10:17, schrieb Dieter Britz: > In a label, can I use a LaTeX maths mode text like $x_i$? Yes, but only with terminals that do LaTeX postprocessing (epslatex, pstricks, tikz etc). > I have the gnuplot manual, and from somewhere I have a couple of sheets > called "Syntax for postscript enhanced option". I feel lucky that I have > this (but it says nothing about LaTeX mode), but could that kind of > information not be included in the manual? Maybe you should take a look at the manual ;-) This is described in section "Enhanced text mode". Christoph Christoph Bersch wrote: > Am 27.10.2010 10:17, schrieb Dieter Britz: >> In a label, can I use a LaTeX maths mode text like $x_i$? > > Yes, but only with terminals that do LaTeX postprocessing (epslatex, > pstricks, tikz etc). > >> I have the gnuplot manual, and from somewhere I have a couple of sheets >> called "Syntax for postscript enhanced option&qu...

a new way to get rid of telemarketers
A lady that answers the phones for one of my business lines tells me this is one way she gets rid of telemarketers: TM: This is ___, can I speak with ____? Lady: Well if you can, I'd like to as well. TM: Isn't ___ your husband? Lady: Yes. TM: Is he available? Lady: I don't know, let me go check his urn. Usually at this point the TM hangs up. Another way I started using a couple of weeks ago is to ask the TM if they have the password. Of course there is no password but they don't know that, and we get some pretty good laughs at their response or attemp...

Eleganz way to get rid of \n
Hello, I'm quite often using this construct: for l in open("file", "r"): do something here, l contains the \n or \r\n on windows at the end. I get rid of it this way: for l in open("file", "r"): while l[-1] in "\r\n": l = l[:-1] I find this a little bit clumsy, but it works fine. Has someone a better solution ? Thanks Hans On Sep 1, 9:25=A0am, Hans M=FCller <HeinT...@web.de> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm quite often using this construct: > > for l in open("file", "r"): > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A...

Get rid of axis tick labels
Hi there, Can anybody tell me how I can get rid of axis tick labels (i.e. the numbers referring to an axis)? I can change thickness, spacing,...but for one axis they should not appear at all... Thanks a lot for any suggestions, Marco Hi Marco, try this: x=0:.1:2; plot(x) set(gca,'xtick',[]) Regards, Stefan Stefan wrote: > > > Hi Marco, > > try this: > > x=0:.1:2; > plot(x) > set(gca,'xtick',[]) > > Regards, > Stefan Thanks a lot, this works! ...

Trouble adding LaTex text to a plot
Hello, I am having trouble adding LaTex text to a plot. Specifically, I would like to add the LaTex code $\frac{1}{1+k'}G(-W+k+\bar{W})$ to label a line in a plot. Matlab R2011a seems to have trouble with the bar over the W, the fraction, and the fact that there is a prime on the k: x = (0:.01:10)'; y = x; MyPlot=plot(x,y); %text(4.25,7.25,'G(-W+k+\bar{W})') %text(4.25,7.25,'G(-W+k+\overline{W})') text(4.25,8.25,'\frac{1}{1+k}G(-W+k+\bar{W})') I also tried adding 'Interpreter,'LaTex' to the plot, but that didn't help: text(4.25,...

How to position CAPTION text in @... get listbox ...
How does one control the position of the text for the CAPTION in a @... GET ... LISTBOX command? Thanks, Ted "Ted" <ted.kobayashi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189708588.978499.87430@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > How does one control the position of the text for the CAPTION in a > @... GET ... LISTBOX command? > > Thanks, > > Ted > Hi Ted, You only need to send the CapRow and CapCol where you want the caption to be located. However, there appears to be an error in xHarbour. Try the following program and you will see that it has some strange b...

Getting caption/text from foreign application
Hi, I searched this and some other forums but still have an open issue: How can I get the text or caption of a foreign application's message/dialog/form etc? I would like to have the following functionality: 1. I run the vb code. 2. Click on an object. 3. Its caption/text is copied to the clipboard (so I can paste in in other place, e.g. text editor), or thrown into a textbox. The object I click on can be one of the following (all in the foriegn app that was written with Visual C++): 1. A messagebox. 2. A caption of a button. 3. A text of an item of a list/combo. 4. Other captions/texts ...

getting rid of chapters in LaTeX reports
Hi, I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters. That is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the article template. Anyone knows how to do that? Regards, Samuel samuel <sha@chello.se> writes: >I want to use the LaTeX report template, but without having chapters. >That is, I want the top level numbering be for sections, as in the >article template. Anyone knows how to do that? simplest thing would be to make trivial changes to article, rather than substantial changes to report. what, from report, do you want that article doesn&...

LaTeX interpreter for axis label text
I am unhappy with the appearance of my axis label when I use the LaTeX interpreter in Matlab. ylabel('$\frac{F}{F_{min}}$','Interpreter','LaTex','FontSize',20) The fraction symbol is not evenly positioned between F and F_min. It appears directly underneath the F, making it look quite horrid. The interpreter also decides to position the F_max too close to y-axis numbers, distorting the alignment of 'ax' in F_max. Am I invoking the interpreter incorrectly somehow?? The same syntax in TeXWorks achieves exactly what I want.... Hi Matthias, Just wondering if you had any look with this? I have the same problem, especially with axis lables. What you are doing looks correct to me... Regards, Dom. "Matthias " <matthew.goddard@bcf.uni-freiburg.de> wrote in message <ik5sai$63u$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am unhappy with the appearance of my axis label when I use the LaTeX interpreter in Matlab. > > ylabel('$\frac{F}{F_{min}}$','Interpreter','LaTex','FontSize',20) > > The fraction symbol is not evenly positioned between F and F_min. It appears directly underneath the F, making it look quite horrid. The interpreter also decides to position the F_max too close to y-axis numbers, distorting the alignment of 'ax' in F_max. > > Am I invoking the interpreter incorrectly somehow?? The same syntax in TeXWorks achieves exactly what I want.... ...

Adding text labels and such to 3D plots?
If I'm reading The Mathematica Book correctly, one adds Text and similar added graphic stuff to 3D graphics by positioning this added stuff at 3D or "vector" points in 3D space. But what if I'd just like to add text labels or other stuff at (scaled?) 2D points in the 2D frame within which the 3D graphic is drawn, entirely independent of the 3D graphic and its coordinate system? Any simple way to do this? (Would my favorite graphics command, DisplayTogether[ ], allow overlaying or superposing a 2D graphic on a 3D graphic? I can try this for myself, and wi...

Get Rid of Duplicate Impoint Labels
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to delete duplicate Impoint labels. I am using a PoisitonCallback that looks like this for all of my impoints... Defined as: h.addNewPositionCallback(@(pos) update_coords(h,pos(1),pos(2))); function update_coords(h,x1,y1) global coords points ctrl; for i=1:size(points,2) coords(i,:) = getPosition(points(i)); end set(ctrl, 'XData', coords(:,1), 'YData', coords(:,2)); setString(h,['(',num2str(x1),',',num2str(y1),')']); end This is on an axis in a GUI. The problem here is that when the impoint ...

axes labels in latex getting cut off
I'm having trouble with my axes labels when formatting them in latex. Sometimes, particularly when I use log log or semi log plots, they get cut off the figure, even before I try to export them to some sort of image. Is there a way to fix this? ...

Is there a way to know if some text was added to clipboard?
A user of mine asked me an automatic paste feature in my application. That is, each time the user selects some text in any desktop window and copy it on clipboard, my application should get it -- leaving it inside the clipboard -- and do its job ;-) Is that possible in a portable way? TIA DdJ ...

Any way to get rid of the cast when calling get_value()?
Hello, I have a std::vector storing pointers to an abstract base class OptionBase. OptionBase is not templated but I am deriving a template class called Option from OptionBase. The class Option has a public member function called get_value() that is not present in the class OptionBase. My problem is that when calling get_value() I have to cast to Option<some_type>* and I was wondering if I can somehow remove the cast so I dont have to remember exatly what type Option is instantiated with. Some code to clarify: typedef Option<string> StringOption; typedef Option<long> ...

Bets way to get crisper small text.
Hi, I have Corel 10 and PS7 and am doing some artwork done for a CD cover. I have been told that they need the text converted to curves to get a crisper 7pt text. Corel 10 wont convert paragraph text to curves so I need to retype it all anyway. Would it be better to retype in PS7 or in Corel in Artistic text? I was going to do the art in PS then going to the CD template in Corel then as CDR and PDFs for the printer. Thanks Rock "Rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message news:44da659c$0$22360$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I have Corel 10 and PS7 ...

Re: a new way to get rid of telemarketers
Sometimes they just don't get it... http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/06/15/newspaper-industry-problems-2/ Chris Pirillo, of the "tech-TV" show "call for help" [and a few others I'm sure] received a call from someone trying to sell him a newspaper. He kept the poor lady on the phone for a good 10 minutes or so, and since this was "live", you'll want to watch this full-screen as viewers of his program were IM'ing him about the call in progress... [note: the above link is actually to his blog; there is an embedded video about half way down that i...

Best way to get quoted text in mysql?
It took me a lot of trial and error to get text from an HTML form into MySQL to account for quotation marks being entered. I came up with the following. It works fine but I was wondering if this is the best way. Here are the relevant snippets: 1) User enters data via post.html: <form method="POST" action="post_confirm.php" name="form"> <textarea NAME="comments" ROWS=4 COLS=60 onkeyup="textLimit(comments, 800);"></TEXTAREA> <input type="submit" name="Submit2" value="Submit" onClick=&q...

Is there a way to get text into a web page programmatically
I need to type something into a text box on a web page. Can I do this from within access? On 15 Jul 2003 14:07:47 -0700 in comp.databases.ms-access, eg252@aol.com (eg252) wrote: >I need to type something into a text box on a web page. Can I do this >from within access? You might try AppActivate & SendKeys but I warn you now that's not guaranteed as Sendkeys might send to the wrong Window. You might have better luck seeing what this web form does and what it posts and just shell out to it with a query string, e.g. strSearch = "Microsoft" Shell "http://www.goo...

Web resources about - Is there a way to get rid of Caption Label added by LaTeX? - comp.text.tex

Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Captions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... conventions (capitalization) . For the style guideline on capitalization generally, see Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Capital letters . A caption ...

Captions Now Included with Instagram Photos That Are Embedded on the Web
Instagram continues to refine its embedded photos on the Web , as Mashable reported that captions will now be included. (more…) New Career ...

BBC World News - Captions Welcome: Obama meets the Pope - Facebook
Pope Francis (R) and US President Barack Obama shake hands after exchanging gifts during a private audience on March 27, 2014 at the Vatican. ...

Pocket Labeler - Photo Captions & Wallpapers for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store ...
Get Pocket Labeler - Photo Captions & Wallpapers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Caption Contest Finalists: Is This How Some People Get To Law School?
Hop aboard the TTT Shuttle it runs on broken dreams!

Riffsy’s keyboard app now lets you add captions to GIFs
... still isnt enough for you, then you can now go ahead and add a few more words to your GIF with the newly updated GIF Keyboard by Riffsy . Caption ...

Caption This: Hillary Clinton And Chris Christie Prepare To Hug
I’d like to see these two square off in November, if only so that America has to decide between “The Fat One” and “The Fatter One.

Republican debate caption contest time!
Ever wonder what these guys are talking about when the microphones are dead during commercial breaks at the debates? Does this picture make you ...

These Hilarious Captions Lampooning Ludicrous Tech Company Decor Are Simply Perfect
Seriously, what other industry makes its most important decisions while sitting on fake hay bales at Pac-Man tables in pirate-ship themed treehouses? ...

Facebook Releases New Video Ad Features, Including Automated Captions
Plus more research and tips on making the most of video campaigns on Facebook where most visitors are on watching on smartphones. Please visit ...