KOMA scrlttr2 signataure customization

Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2. What I've done has been
to use a graphic signature in lieu of actually signing letters (at my
age, my signatures are ugly). I've been successful, but need a minor
adjustment that I can't figure out from the manual.

At present I have in my .lco file:

  \@setplength{sigbeforevskip}{-0.5cm}

and in my .tex file:

  \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
    \makebox[3in][l]{
    \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
  }}%

Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
left margin.

A second question is how to move this signiture information over into
the .lco file. Ideal would be the "\closing{Sincerely yours," here in
the .tex file, but the rest in the .lco file. I suspect this is
impossible.

Haines Brown

0
haines1 (63)

Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:55:36 -0500 schrieb Haines Brown:

> Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2.

You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?

>   \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
>     \makebox[3in][l]{
>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>   }}%
>
> Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
> instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
> left margin.

I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/
Ulrike Fischer <news3@nililand.de> writes:

> You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
> from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
> remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?

My apologies. Didn't realize that my question required building a test
document. I stand corrected.

> I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

That worked very nicely, thanks.

Haines Brown
0
haines1 (63)
12/30/2012 5:29:25 PM
Le 30/12/2012 18:09, Ulrike Fischer a �crit :
> Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:55:36 -0500 schrieb Haines Brown:
>
>> Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2.
>
> You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
> from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
> remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?
>
>>    \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
>>      \makebox[3in][l]{
>>      \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>>    }}%
>>
>> Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
>> instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
>> left margin.
>>

> I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

The OP wants to move the box to the left ?

Or simply TeX: \moveleft.5cm\\hbox{\includegraphics...}

0
gouailles (1755)
12/30/2012 5:35:27 PM
Haines Brown wrote:
>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}

Why don't you use the \signature macro, provided by scrlttr2?
0
Axel.Berger (160)
12/30/2012 11:14:25 PM
Axel Berger <Axel.Berger@Gmx.De> writes:

> Haines Brown wrote:
>>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>
> Why don't you use the \signature macro, provided by scrlttr2?

Very simply, I was unaware of it.  In the guide to KOMA-Script (2012),
there was no return for a search of "\signature". The manual
"KOMA-Script bundle (2003) has that command, but off hand I could not
find a discussion of its options. I'll have to explore the latter manual
further, for until now I've only used the former. The Anleitung, Das
KOMA - Script-Paket (2004) off hand looks like the latter.

Haines
0
haines1 (63)
12/31/2012 3:30:40 AM
Haines Brown (Montag, 31. Dezember 2012 04:30):

> Very simply, I was unaware of it

There's no \signature macro at scrlttr2, but a signature variable (see
scrguien.pdf, release from 2012-07-22, section 4.20, page 183f.

Markus Kohm
--
KOMA-Script, a versatile bundle of classes and packages for LaTeX2e
Current: KOMA-Script 3.11b (see <http://www.komascript.de/release> in

0
komascript (34)

KOMA scrlttr2 date customization
I have a KOMA-Script template for personal letters set up, but would like to customize the letter date (\usepackage{scrdate} is in the .lco file). I have no problem with this customization: \setkomavar{date}{\todaysname, \ISOToday} but instead of \ISOToday, I want something like the \dategerman format so that the date appears like this: Sunday, 2012.12.30 The \dategerman requires some kind of language specification, but the KOMA-Script manual looses me. At present I have only: \setmainlanguage{english} In (Xe)LaTeX I do something like it with this: \usepackag...

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

text-text

Adding custom list and text boxes to the custom tool bar from Excel C API
Hi All, I am developing an addin excel using Excel C API. I want to know is there any way to add custom list and text boxes to the custom tool bar from Excel C API? If yes how can we do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mousam Dubey ...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly i...

Custom Text Control
Hi! I want to create a control for my chat window lock like iMessage of Mac Like this one https://public.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2p45KydGxcNDJ0Hi4MLRizfjbmxYgnSg5pPmYP2XJeAHu0AQGJAnhoK-G3a_DV8-3GmSLHg_JMhU_gfsWaKcFlslajgetEd2PrEHuyOeanO4k/ichat.png?psid=1 What is the way to create a control like that ? Nhat Dung a �crit : > Hi! > I want to create a control for my chat window lock like iMessage of Mac > Like this one > https://public.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2p45KydGxcNDJ0Hi4MLRizfjbmxYgnSg5pPmYP2XJeAHu0AQGJAnhoK-G3a_DV8-3GmSLHg_JMhU_gfsWaKcFlslajgetEd2PrEHuyOeanO4k/ichat.png...

koma scrlttr2 and date
I'm definetely moving towards the koma-script bundle owing to its European-like style and superb flexibility. Now I'm trying to tailor my own letter-style using scrlttr2.cls and its many options. I'm using the a4 paper and SN layout (address on the right side). What I need (and am unable to get) is: 1) to move the date of the letter above the address, in the top right margin, according to the Italian style. 2) to modify the addrvhead, etc. I don't know how to modify the length of this parameter. Ciao Vittorio Vittorio <victor@nospam.invalid> writes: > 1) t...

Koma-script scrlttr2 nexthead
Hello, I have tried googling an answer for this question, but unfortantely most of the relavent information is in german, and my german is like my dutch, non-existant. I have been trying to set up a letter template that includes our logo on every page, and I have been trying to use the nexthead command, but to no avail. The firsthead/foot works fine, but when I try the nexthead, no headers/footers are rendered on subsequent pages. Here is some relevant information: \documentclass[fromlogo,fromalign=center]{scrlttr2} \usepackage{graphicx} \voffset=-5mm \makeatletter \usepackage[british]{ba...

koma-script scrlttr2 question
I'm trying to create a scrlttr2 lco file with a custom letter layout. After the header, I'd like the date, the recipient's address, and the rest of the letter to appear. I can get this more or less working, but I can't get them to be all *exactly* left aligned. I don't want to hardcode some numbers. There must be a right way to this. Mark.Moll@gmail.com schrieb: > I'm trying to create a scrlttr2 lco file with a custom letter layout. Cool! Is this a personal style or does it implement some institutional requirements? That is, could it be of interest to others as ...

Re: custom text validator
Thanks for the tip but I couldn't find it there or anywhere in the site. Could you please provide an URL? Thank you, Cristina. ------------------------------------------------------- Connex scaneaza automat toate mesajele impotriva virusilor folosind RAV AntiVirus. Connex automatically scans all messages for viruses using RAV AntiVirus. Nota: RAV AntiVirus poate sa nu detecteze toti virusii noi sau toate variantele lor. Pentru a inlatura efectele nedorite si din dorinta de a va oferi in permanenta servicii de cea mai buna calitate mesajele detectate ca fiind infectate...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

text 2 text
I'm rather new to ustation and am having trouble finding replacements for all of my Acad lisp routines. One that I'd like to find changes a selected text string to read like the second selected text string. I realize this can all be done in the text editor but it's not all that quick. Does anyone know of a macro or mdl which can handle this task? Thanks in advance.---Calvin I don't know of any application that will do what you describe, but have you looked at Edit > Find/Replace text? You may also find Bentley's discussion groups of assistance. Over th...

Include page with custom text
Hi, I would like to know how to include a single page separator with text that I specify. My idea is to breakup the output into distinct sections, e.g., pages 1-5 would display my raw data page 2 would just have the text "The Following Pages Report Correlations" page 3-10, output correlation analysis page 11, would just have the text "The Following Pages Report T-tests" pages 12-20, output t-test statistics. I'm not sure how to do this. Thanks for your help! On Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:09:59 AM UTC-7, matthe...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I would lik...

center custom boolean text
Hey everybody, just a quick cosmetic question.&nbsp; I have a customized OK button that has two lines of text when false, and only one line of text when true.&nbsp; I'd like to center the one line of text vertically on the button, but it seems like it has to stay on the same text lineup as the false case.&nbsp; Is there a quick way to do this?&nbsp; If I have to get into custom picture controls and stuff, I can ignore the problem.&nbsp; It's purely cosmetic preference. The only way I know is with indicators and visibility properties. You might be able to use an ev...

Web resources about - KOMA scrlttr2 signataure customization - comp.text.tex

Mass customization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mass customization , in marketing , manufacturing , call centres and management , is the use of flexible computer-aided manufacturing systems ...

Mass Customization & Open Innovation News
Notes and ideas on mass customization, personalization, customer co-creation, and open innovation strategies of value co-creation between suppliers ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Desktop Customization: Utilities: Icons
Aha-Soft - Developer of tools to edit, extract, collect, convert, and manage icon libraries. Free icon libraries.

New Facebook Desktop Pages Layout Also Offers Page Admins More Customization
Along with the redesign of pages for desktop Facebook is currently in the process of rolling out, the social network introduced some new customization ...

Facebook enables mobile app installs direct from News Feed, offers developers more customization and ...
Facebook today announced changes to its mobile app install ad unit , including a way for iOS 6 users to download apps without leaving the social ...

Screen Skins - Endless Theme Customizations for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Screen Skins - Endless Theme Customizations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

ssLauncher for Android - Total Icon Customization! - YouTube
Feel free to follow me on Twitter HERE :D https://twitter.com/#!/Grewell22 Check out and download this app: https://market.android.com/detai ...

Real Racing 3 iOS app updated w/ Ferraris, HUD customization, new tracks & challenges
... —– Visit 9to5Mac to find more special coverage of Apps . What do you think? Discuss "Real Racing 3 iOS app updated w/ Ferraris, HUD customization, ...

Why Small Players Are Beating Packaged Goods Titans In Customization Game
Big players took a big interest in mass customization shortly after the web emerged, particularly Procter & Gamble Co. with its 1999 launch of ...

Facebook Testing ‘See First’ News Feed Customization Feature
Facebook continues to experiment with ways to let users customize their News Feeds , and See First, which appears to be an expansion of a test ...