KOMA scrlttr2 signataure customization

Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2. What I've done has been
to use a graphic signature in lieu of actually signing letters (at my
age, my signatures are ugly). I've been successful, but need a minor
adjustment that I can't figure out from the manual.

At present I have in my .lco file:

  \@setplength{sigbeforevskip}{-0.5cm}

and in my .tex file:

  \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
    \makebox[3in][l]{
    \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
  }}%

Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
left margin.

A second question is how to move this signiture information over into
the .lco file. Ideal would be the "\closing{Sincerely yours," here in
the .tex file, but the rest in the .lco file. I suspect this is
impossible.

Haines Brown

0
haines1 (63)

Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:55:36 -0500 schrieb Haines Brown:

> Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2.

You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?

>   \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
>     \makebox[3in][l]{
>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>   }}%
>
> Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
> instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
> left margin.

I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/
Ulrike Fischer <news3@nililand.de> writes:

> You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
> from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
> remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?

My apologies. Didn't realize that my question required building a test
document. I stand corrected.

> I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

That worked very nicely, thanks.

Haines Brown
0
haines1 (63)
12/30/2012 5:29:25 PM
Le 30/12/2012 18:09, Ulrike Fischer a �crit :
> Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:55:36 -0500 schrieb Haines Brown:
>
>> Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2.
>
> You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
> from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
> remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?
>
>>    \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
>>      \makebox[3in][l]{
>>      \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>>    }}%
>>
>> Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
>> instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
>> left margin.
>>

> I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

The OP wants to move the box to the left ?

Or simply TeX: \moveleft.5cm\\hbox{\includegraphics...}

0
gouailles (1755)
12/30/2012 5:35:27 PM
Haines Brown wrote:
>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}

Why don't you use the \signature macro, provided by scrlttr2?
0
Axel.Berger (160)
12/30/2012 11:14:25 PM
Axel Berger <Axel.Berger@Gmx.De> writes:

> Haines Brown wrote:
>>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>
> Why don't you use the \signature macro, provided by scrlttr2?

Very simply, I was unaware of it.  In the guide to KOMA-Script (2012),
there was no return for a search of "\signature". The manual
"KOMA-Script bundle (2003) has that command, but off hand I could not
find a discussion of its options. I'll have to explore the latter manual
further, for until now I've only used the former. The Anleitung, Das
KOMA - Script-Paket (2004) off hand looks like the latter.

Haines
0
haines1 (63)
12/31/2012 3:30:40 AM
Haines Brown (Montag, 31. Dezember 2012 04:30):

> Very simply, I was unaware of it

There's no \signature macro at scrlttr2, but a signature variable (see
scrguien.pdf, release from 2012-07-22, section 4.20, page 183f.

Markus Kohm
--
KOMA-Script, a versatile bundle of classes and packages for LaTeX2e
Current: KOMA-Script 3.11b (see <http://www.komascript.de/release> in

0
komascript (34)

creating custom options for custom widgets?
Hi all. I'm creating a new widget class using Tkinter (class inherited form Tkinter.Frame). This class creates a bunch of other widgets inside it that can be "gridded" either horizontally or vertically. I would like to provide the user of the class an option to change this layout on the fly, using something like "widget[ 'layout' ] = 'vertical'". Does anyone have experience with that? I'm afraid i just down know how to proceed or where to look for an example. thx for any help. alex. ...

Extending RDoc with custom sections?
Hello peeps! I'm in the process of converting Apple's Cocoa reference docs to RubyCocoa style RDoc source/comments. This is working out rather well :) The only problem I have run into is that I need extra sections like the constants one, but for Notifications and possibly others too. Are there people with experience in this area or know of a project that extends RDoc in such a way?? Or any help in this direction? Cheers, Eloy Eloy Duran wrote: > Hello peeps! > > I'm in the process of converting Apple's Cocoa reference docs to > RubyCocoa style RDoc source/com...

Need help with custom control. Is this possible?
Okay, here is my problem. I have a picture of a human being (just outlined trace), that breaks the body into parts. (ie left arm, right arm, left lower back, right lower back). I need for each part to be a bolean control if that makes sense? I am trying to replicate a survey that was written for us in visual basic that we dont have the source for, and author is no where to be found.&nbsp;Any ideas? &nbsp; I agree with Lynn that this can be done with a <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/tagging/view_tag?tag.text=Picture&amp;tag.message_scope=all" target="_blank"...

Custom control testing?
anybody know testing tool to test application that have custom controls? it is win application. QTP doesnot recognize it. Thanks Without a documentation of those custom controls it maybe tough. But you can experiment using winspector and SendMessage function. If you have some programming skills, especially perl, you can have a look here http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/ch02s04.html --Piotr ankit napisał(a): > anybody know testing tool to test application that have custom > controls? > it is win application. > QTP doesnot recognize it. > Thanks > ...

Verizon, at&t agree to stop 'cramming' on customers' bills [telecom]
MSNBC reported: "Verizon and AT&T have agreed to stop "cramming" consumers' telephone bills with unauthorized third-party charges, Sen. Jay Rockefeller announced Wednesday. The move comes after a Senate investigation revealed last year that consumers were hit with $10 billion in fraudulent charges due to the practice over the past five years. . . . Cramming has vexed consumers and generated mountains of complaints since 1995, when land line providers began making it easy for third- party firms to sell add-on services like voice mail through local phone bills.&qu...

Customized Splash (startup) Screens for Maya
You can customize Splash Screen for Maya with a bmp file of your own selection or one of your own creations... ( only win 32 tested ) 1. Find [Maya Path]..bin\MayaRes.dll file and backup it as a copy. 2. Find Exescope on net (older version not 650 if possible). 2. Make sure Maya is NOT RUNNING. 3. DoubleClick on the "eXeScope.exe" -Select File->Open to: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya8.5\bin\MayaRes.dll -In the left pane of the popup window: click the "+" sign to open "Resource" click the "+" sign to open "Bitmap" ...

Getting Custom Attribute Value from Table Row
I can't seem to get the value associated with an attribute I created on a table row called "BackColor". I can get the length without issue, but whenever I try the value I get nothing. Thanks in advance, Sean <-- Begin Script --> var lastColorUsed; function fnChangeBackColor(row, highlight) { if (highlight) { lastColorUsed = row.style.backgroundColor; row.style.backgroundColor = '#dcdfff'; } else { alert(row.BackColor.length); //this returns the value '7' row.style.backgroundColor = row.BackColor.value; } } <-- End Script --> <-- Begi...

Memoir or KOMA?
Hello my heroes, I've heard nothing but praising words about these to class(es|packages), so considering to look at them too. Only: which of the two? Are there any reasons to prefer one above another? My mother tongue is dutch, but I make documents in german too, and would want to try russian in the future. Also english is likely to become a necessity in the future. German and dutch seem to speak in favor of the KOMA-bundle, as it is designed for/by german-speakers, but I'd just want to hear some encouraging words, before I plunge myself in the circa 2*200 pages of docu. Comments...

Rexx Customers Migrating to Linux
If any of you are considering or have customers currently considering a migration from OS/2, Windows, VM or MVS to Linux who also use Rexx as a programming language, please contact W. David Ashley, IBM Linux Technology Center, dashley@us.ibm.com. I am trying to determine the number of potential customers for a project dealing with Rexx on Linux. Thanks, W. David Ashley IBM Linux Technology Center dashley@us.ibm.com ...

Custom Data Markers
I would like to use a small jpeg file as the data markers. Does anyone know a way to do this? I saw a user created function, however, I wanted to know if there was any built-in option. Thanks, Aaron ...

reportlab and custom fonts
Hi, I'm trying to get reportlab working together with the Tahoma font (by Microsoft ;) So far it's up and running (converted the ttf with ttf2pt1), but the Euro sign (which is in position 0x80 in the WinAnsiEncoding) fails to show up in the final PDF. I investigated a bit and saw that in the afm (and pfb) the code point 128 is called "uni20AC". That's okay in principle, since that Unicode character is the Euro sign, but it seems that reportlab likes the character to be named "Euro". Okay, renamed it in both files, still no luck. Has anyone experience with th...

Custom keyboard shortcuts
Dec21,2008,6:00PM<Dzs_sch@googlegroups.com> ...

EU Customs for a vintage comodore
before i get a $15 commodore vic from US, i was wondering how customs in EU considers the value of such a computer from outside the EU for customs charging. is it at the ebay price? the recommended retail price of 1980s, based on the size ? is the item an electronics good? a toy? any experiences woudl be greatly welcome. thanks Komrad In article <1121777655.122138.16970@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "komodore comrade" <komodorecomrade@yahoo.com> writes: |> before i get a $15 commodore vic from US, i was wondering how customs |> in EU considers the value of ...

Re: Help With Custom Menu on HP48
Thanks for the help, worked like a charm! :-) Veli-Pekka Nousiainen wrote: > "Steve" <-@-.com> wrote in message news:g_u9b.324$s74.213@pd7tw1no... > >>Is there anyway to add a direct link to libraries through the custom menu? > > This is so that I don't have to press numerous keys to access a program > stored in library. > Yes > First open up a list { } > Go to the library menu of your choise and > for those commands that you want in a custom menu > press each menu key in turn (NXT goes to NeXT page) > Then press ENTER to put the li...

koma-script question
My entire MikTex distribution got updated from the scratch (thanks to my now dead computer). Now I'm having this strange warning message which I believe belongs to the koma-script package. I know this has been discussed on the web and there's pleny of references. My problem is that I dont speak German and with the current pace of going through this, it's gonna be a major pain. Can anyone help me with this? (I saw Ulrike Fischer commenting on this too in http://www.ureader.de/msg/136219118.aspx). Basically I have a warning: Class scrreprt Warning: \float@addtolists detected...

custom types in process sensitivity list
Hi all, I've just started playing around with VHDL and I'm having trouble solving a particular problem. I have two FSMs. FSM A is clocked at a slow speed and FSM B is clocked at a fast speed. I would like FSM B to cycle through all its states each time FSM A changes state. The states for each FSM is declared as a type. Is there a standard solution to this kind of problem? One solution that I have been trying to implement involves having a third process that sets a signal when FSM A changes state and clears the signal when FSM B changes state. That signal would be used for telling F...

koma scrlttr2 and date
I'm definetely moving towards the koma-script bundle owing to its European-like style and superb flexibility. Now I'm trying to tailor my own letter-style using scrlttr2.cls and its many options. I'm using the a4 paper and SN layout (address on the right side). What I need (and am unable to get) is: 1) to move the date of the letter above the address, in the top right margin, according to the Italian style. 2) to modify the addrvhead, etc. I don't know how to modify the length of this parameter. Ciao Vittorio Vittorio <victor@nospam.invalid> writes: > 1) t...

Create custom filter...
I know Eudora has built-in filtering. But what I want to do is send an incoming email to a temp folder on my C: drive in text format if the subject line contains a word like "free". Does anyone know how to do that? ...

OS9.2
Hello, Where do I find the pictures/icons that are allocated to the Multiple Users accounts? Can't find'em anywhere either in the Systems or in the Preferences folders... Can I add my own? If so, in what format? Thanks, Paul Weber Switzerland in article 3ea03dbe.0406270346.619768f2@posting.google.com, Paul C. Weber at paul@jjm.ch wrote on 6/27/04 7:46 AM: > Hello, > > Where do I find the pictures/icons that are allocated to the Multiple > Users accounts? > Can't find'em anywhere either in the Systems or in the Preferences > folders....

koma-script
Hi all, In the last 2 years I have been writing my PhD thesis using Koma- Script: \LoadClass[11pt,a4paper,DIV15,BCOR20mm, 0headlines,titlepage,twoside,openright]{scrreprt} Unfortunately, last month (while doing the last revisions to the document) I had a problem in my laptop hard disk and had to reinstall all the software (a new version of koma-script was installed). The new version of koma-script is not being able to activate the "twoside" option. Furthermore, all previous formats of the document are now changed (formats of the figures captions, headers and rulers, ..=2E.) Can ...

\ref and \label in custom env.
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:40:54 +0100, Lars Madsen wrote: > See any standard LaTeX intro > > \newenvironment{myenv}[numargs][default value for #1]{ > pre-code}{\post-code} > > the arguments only apply to the pre-code part Thanks for the answer. For the other hand, I tried your suggestion of changing \addtocounter for \refstepcounter and I have output text as: "1 1 2. Teorema: bla...." instead of "2. Teorema: bla..." What's happens? Can you see it?. My header is: "%LLIBRERIES I ETC. \usepackage[catalan]{babel} \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc...

Custom Popupmenu
Hallo! In my GUI I�m using a popupmenu to allow user to choose a type which he wants to assign a region of an image. the selected region is shown in the image using the coordinates obtained by roipoly(). different labeled regions have different colors. I would like to display the representing color together with the label in the popupmenu. like having a small rectangular before the label text. Can this be done? Thanks! Felix. ...

customized menu
Hello! Can I use more than 3 options for a single label from a customized menu, in the hp 50G? Example: =AB { { "LABEL" { =AB 1 =BB @ [LABEL] =AB 2 =BB @ [<-] [LABEL] =AB 3 =BB @ [->] [LABEL] =AB 4 =BB @ ??????? } } } TMENU =BB Thanks. no ------------------------------------------------ "Valfisio" <valfizio@gmail.com> kirjoitti viestiss�:61b2421e-5834-4399-b09a-3c7fa9ba5290@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... Hello! Can I use more than 3 options for a single label from a customized menu, in the hp 50G...

customization of ntheorem
Hi all, I'm reading through the help file of the ntheorem package but cannot see how I can change: Theorem 1 (Einstein Theorem) blablabla to Theorem 1 --- Einstein Theorem blablabla (I want to remove the brackets). Also, I can see that the pdf help file of the package on CTAN http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/ntheorem/ntheorem.pdf (from 2005) is not the latest on: http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~may/Ntheorem/ntheorem.pdf (from 2009) Thanks for hints, Hi, > I'm reading through the help file of the ntheorem package but...

Custom Wall Murals
Design your custom wall murals, printed wall murals, window shade, roller shade, dimensional lettering, or floor decal directly on our site. SignGrafx has been a leader in the custom window shades, printed roller shades, dimensional lettering, and for decal industry for over a decade. For more please visit: http://www.signgrafx.com/products/custom-wall-murals.html ...