KOMA scrlttr2 signataure customization

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2. What I've done has been
to use a graphic signature in lieu of actually signing letters (at my
age, my signatures are ugly). I've been successful, but need a minor
adjustment that I can't figure out from the manual.

At present I have in my .lco file:

  \@setplength{sigbeforevskip}{-0.5cm}

and in my .tex file:

  \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
    \makebox[3in][l]{
    \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
  }}%

Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
left margin.

A second question is how to move this signiture information over into
the .lco file. Ideal would be the "\closing{Sincerely yours," here in
the .tex file, but the rest in the .lco file. I suspect this is
impossible.

Haines Brown

0
Reply haines1 (63) 12/30/2012 3:55:36 PM

See related articles to this posting

Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:55:36 -0500 schrieb Haines Brown:

> Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2.

You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?

>   \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
>     \makebox[3in][l]{
>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>   }}%
>
> Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
> instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
> left margin.

I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

Ulrike Fischer <news3@nililand.de> writes:

> You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
> from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
> remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?

My apologies. Didn't realize that my question required building a test
document. I stand corrected.

> I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

That worked very nicely, thanks.

Haines Brown
0
Reply haines1 (63) 12/30/2012 5:29:25 PM

Le 30/12/2012 18:09, Ulrike Fischer a �crit :
> Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:55:36 -0500 schrieb Haines Brown:
>
>> Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2.
>
> You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
> from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
> remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?
>
>>    \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
>>      \makebox[3in][l]{
>>      \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>>    }}%
>>
>> Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
>> instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
>> left margin.
>>

> I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

The OP wants to move the box to the left ?

Or simply TeX: \moveleft.5cm\\hbox{\includegraphics...}

0
Reply gouailles (1755) 12/30/2012 5:35:27 PM

Haines Brown wrote:
>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}

Why don't you use the \signature macro, provided by scrlttr2?
0
Reply Axel.Berger (160) 12/30/2012 11:14:25 PM

Axel Berger <Axel.Berger@Gmx.De> writes:

> Haines Brown wrote:
>>     \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
>
> Why don't you use the \signature macro, provided by scrlttr2?

Very simply, I was unaware of it.  In the guide to KOMA-Script (2012),
there was no return for a search of "\signature". The manual
"KOMA-Script bundle (2003) has that command, but off hand I could not
find a discussion of its options. I'll have to explore the latter manual
further, for until now I've only used the former. The Anleitung, Das
KOMA - Script-Paket (2004) off hand looks like the latter.

Haines
0
Reply haines1 (63) 12/31/2012 3:30:40 AM

Haines Brown (Montag, 31. Dezember 2012 04:30):

> Very simply, I was unaware of it

There's no \signature macro at scrlttr2, but a signature variable (see
scrguien.pdf, release from 2012-07-22, section 4.20, page 183f.

Markus Kohm
--
KOMA-Script, a versatile bundle of classes and packages for LaTeX2e
Current: KOMA-Script 3.11b (see <http://www.komascript.de/release> in

0
Reply komascript (34) 12/31/2012 5:12:25 PM
comp.text.tex 36185 articles. 68 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

KOMA scrlttr2 date customization
I have a KOMA-Script template for personal letters set up, but would like to customize the letter date (\usepackage{scrdate} is in the .lco file). I have no problem with this customization: \setkomavar{date}{\todaysname, \ISOToday} but instead of \ISOToday, I want something like the \dategerman format so that the date appears like this: Sunday, 2012.12.30 The \dategerman requires some kind of language specification, but the KOMA-Script manual looses me. At present I have only: \setmainlanguage{english} In (Xe)LaTeX I do something like it with this: \usepackag...

koma scrlttr2 and date
I'm definetely moving towards the koma-script bundle owing to its European-like style and superb flexibility. Now I'm trying to tailor my own letter-style using scrlttr2.cls and its many options. I'm using the a4 paper and SN layout (address on the right side). What I need (and am unable to get) is: 1) to move the date of the letter above the address, in the top right margin, according to the Italian style. 2) to modify the addrvhead, etc. I don't know how to modify the length of this parameter. Ciao Vittorio Vittorio <victor@nospam.invalid> writes: > 1) t...

koma-script scrlttr2 question
I'm trying to create a scrlttr2 lco file with a custom letter layout. After the header, I'd like the date, the recipient's address, and the rest of the letter to appear. I can get this more or less working, but I can't get them to be all *exactly* left aligned. I don't want to hardcode some numbers. There must be a right way to this. Mark.Moll@gmail.com schrieb: > I'm trying to create a scrlttr2 lco file with a custom letter layout. Cool! Is this a personal style or does it implement some institutional requirements? That is, could it be of interest to others as ...

Koma-script scrlttr2 nexthead
Hello, I have tried googling an answer for this question, but unfortantely most of the relavent information is in german, and my german is like my dutch, non-existant. I have been trying to set up a letter template that includes our logo on every page, and I have been trying to use the nexthead command, but to no avail. The firsthead/foot works fine, but when I try the nexthead, no headers/footers are rendered on subsequent pages. Here is some relevant information: \documentclass[fromlogo,fromalign=center]{scrlttr2} \usepackage{graphicx} \voffset=-5mm \makeatletter \usepackage[british]{ba...

footnote size in koma scrlttr2 class
How can I set the footnote text size in a Koma scrlttr2 document? Because letters don't typically have footnotes, the following doesn't work in this class as it does in others: \addtokomafont{pagefoot}{\small} Chris Lott <chris@chrislott.org> writes: > How can I set the footnote text size in a Koma scrlttr2 document? > Because letters don't typically have footnotes, the following doesn't > work in this class as it does in others: > \addtokomafont{pagefoot}{\small} "pagefoot" is not for footnotes, use "footnote" instead: \documentclass[a...

silly scrlttr2 class (koma) formatting question
By default when I specify "from" information in scrlttr2 class (from Koma package) it gets printed to the letter in two places: from name other info from name, address ------------------ recipient name other info I would like to get rid of the from address at the top and just keep the second one that is printed horizontally with a rule. I've looked through the docs but I can't see where I can turn the first completely off! c Chris Lott schrieb: > I would like to get rid of the from address at the top and just keep the > second one that is printed horizontal...

custom-custom properties list
In installing 2007, I first used the copy settings wizard, and backed up my templates/sheet formats. I removed 2006 including the registry references, then installed 2007. I used the wizard to restore my settings. All settings seem to be as they were, except my custom properties list. I had to manually re-enter the 10 or so custom properties that we've accumulated. As the list of non-standard custom properties seems to grow with time, I'd like to know, for future upgrading, where that data was stored in the first place, so that I can simply copy it over. Its not part ...

customizing LOOP for a custom class
I generally find the LOOP constructs more readable than various DO constructs or MAP-this-and-that with LAMBDA. However, sometimes i need to iterate in some way over a custom object. Python has the ability to define what the FOR loop does with an instance of a custom class. This does not seem soooo difficult to implement in CL. I'd try to do it myself, but i'd perfer to use a standard mechanism if there is one. Here is an example. ;; here i define what it means to iterate over a MOSAIC (defmethod map-mosaic (fun (mosaic mosaic)) (loop for row from 1 to (rows mosaic) do...

Custom icons on my custom toolbar?
I have searched Google but can not find any recent posts on this subject... RE: Access 2000, 2002, 2003 Is there any way to add new icons to my custom toolbar, or am I stuck with the twee ones that Access provides? Paul "Paul H" <google@comcraft.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:aeaf096f-677e-4708-ad71-2d94d12d6e06@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have searched Google but can not find any recent posts on this > subject... > > RE: Access 2000, 2002, 2003 > > Is there any way to add new icons to my custom toolbar, or am I stuck > with the twee one...

Custom iterator or custom predicate?
Is there a stylistically preferred way to apply an algorithm to a vector of vectors? For example, suppose I have: typedef vector< vector<int> > Array2D; Array2D array2D; I want to find the top-level element who's 2nd element is the maximum (think searching on column 2). The obvious algorithm is max_element, but do I use a custom iterator or a custom predicate? Should I define a predicate like LessThan2ndElement<T> or an interator adaptor that converts Array2D::iterator to an interator that, when dereferenced, returns the 2nd element of the vector<int> it po...

custom allocation and custom type
Hi all, I am trying to create a custom tuple type. I want it to live in a custom memory region, which will be a memory-mapped file. Its contents cannot be PyObject*. They have to be offsets into mapped memory. GetItem( i ) would return: (PyObject *)( t->ob_item[ i ]+ mmap_base_addr ); In the constructor, each item x would be stored as: BYTE* x_offset= x- mmap_base_addr; t->ob_item[ 0 ]= x_offset; For starters, only ints, strings, and other tuples will be members. I'll work out the list type and user-defined classes at a later time. Each will be required to be alr...

Get custom scale as a custom property
Hi, Is there a way to get a view's scale as a custom property? I know you can get the sheet scale but my view's scales are set as different custom scales. My sheet scale is always 1:1. Is it a good way to work? What I understand of the scaling system is that the sheet format environment is always 1:1. When you set the scale as custom scale, the scale is apply in reference to the sheet format. When you scale with "sheet scale", you make the sheet bigger/smaller over the model (part, asembly) wich stays 1:1. Is it right?... but anyway I want the custom property of a view set to...

creating custom options for custom widgets?
Hi all. I'm creating a new widget class using Tkinter (class inherited form Tkinter.Frame). This class creates a bunch of other widgets inside it that can be "gridded" either horizontally or vertically. I would like to provide the user of the class an option to change this layout on the fly, using something like "widget[ 'layout' ] = 'vertical'". Does anyone have experience with that? I'm afraid i just down know how to proceed or where to look for an example. thx for any help. alex. ...

Custom Listeners, yes, but why custom Events?
In many examples I find around the net of people defining their own custom events for Java objects, you find the combination of a custom FooEvent class together with a custom FooListener interface that has a fooFired(FooEvent evt) method. I often find it much clearer to bypass the FooEvent altogether and just have the interface with a more specifically named method that passes the desired event data directly (e.g. FooListener.fooCreated(Foo foo), FooListener.fooBarred(Foo foo, Bar bar), etc.. Am I missing some very obvious advantage to the FooEvent approach? I mean, I can recognize that it i...

Custom for loop / custom matlab syntax?
I'm wondering if it's possible to define custom iterators in matlab -- specifically, if it's possible to override for-loop syntax. My goal is to create a new for-loop like function which does a little bit of bookkeeping each time an iteration starts and stops. I think that something like this must be possible, since there is (I think) an existence proof: Accelereyes Jacket software somehow creates a "gfor" loop construct that does something similar. Using Jacket, you can write the following in Matlab: gfor i=1:10 A(:,:,i) = B(:,:,i)' gend Unfortunat...

customizing custom bibtex (numbering style)
Hello, I've generated custom bibtex with merlin/custbib and it works. But I still have one problem though. It gives the numbering this way: Bibliography [1] Author, year, ... [2] Author, year, ... [3] Author, year, ... Due to (stupid) regulation, I need to achieve: 1. Author, year, ... 2. Author, year, ... 3. Author, year, ... ? I've tried to look at my.bst but it gives me headache :( cheers, yoppy In article <1115442456.309155.123290@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "biophilia@gmail.com" <biophilia@gmail.com> writes: >Hello, > >I've generat...

customizing cbprice for pricing a custom model
I am a newbie MATLAB user running MATLAB Release 14 Service Pack 3 on Windows. My goal is to build a two factor recombining trinomial tree to price an embedded double barrier swaption and its potential payoffs. I am trying to price a custom structure model for a 4-year term Synthetic Convertible Note Embedded with Double Knock-in Barrier Swaption Bermudan Style using cbprice of Fixed-Income Toolbox. The Note-holder gets 16.9% every half year (semiannually) as long as they hold the SC Note. If the underlying stock should appreciate by 482.31% to 1252.75%, the note-holder has the right to co...

Custom Tags within Custom Tags.
I have a custom tag that spits out struts-html tags. The problem is that the struts tags are not being interpreted. I think that the interpretation is only happening once, how do I get JSP to interpret both my custom tag and the struts tags contained in my custom tag. Thanks in advance "Ranganath" <stranganath@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:50878eb2.0310161539.6fbb8305@posting.google.com... > I have a custom tag that spits out struts-html tags. The problem is > that the struts tags are not being interpreted. > I think that the interpretation is only happening once,...

Removing Customize Dropdown on a Custom Toolbar
I have an Access 2003 front-end database with custom toolbars. The toolbars work fine. One annoying feature is that at the far right edge of each custom toolbar there a small dropdown arrow. When you hover over it with the mouse, a ControlTip Text of "Toolbar Options" is displayed. If you then click on the dropdrown arrow, it displays a popup menu of "Add or Remove Buttons", with a fly-out menu with the toolbar name at the top and "Customize..." at the bottom. Normally you can use this to customize your menus and toolbars. In my case, I disable the custom...

Weird custom properties in my custom sheet format
I have my company's title block & sheet set up as a custom sheet format, which I insert via "Add Sheet." The title block contains text which is linked to custom properties. All work perfectly except for two: Project and Engineer. Those two seem to be set up exactly as all others are, but when I insert my custom sheet, instead of getting the value of those fields (example 1234A and John Doe) I get the custom property name in quotes ("Project" and "Engineer"). Also, those two are black, where the rest of the text is blue. I can fix this by editing the s...

can you set focus to a custom custom element?
hi, I can use the following code to set focus to standard html elements but if I try to do the same for a custom element, it seems to complain that it does not support a focus method. Does anyone know what is the problem, if there is a work around? thank you <SCRIPT language='javascript'> document.getElementById('" + ctrl.ID + "').focus() </SCRIPT> killkennyhouse@hotmail.com (Phl) wrote: >I can use the following code to set focus to standard html elements >but if I try to do the same for a custom element, it seems to complain What is 'it&...

Customization of evaluation for a specific custom type of object
I want to implement a kind of reference system like this: Suppose that I have: (defclass reference () ((host) (port) (file))) and also I have: (defun fetch-remote-value (reference) ...) which fetches and deserializes a= lisp object. How could I intervene in the evaluation process so as whenever a reference = object is being evaluated, the remote value gets fetched and re-evaluated a= gain to produce the final result? A more elaborate description of what I want to accomplish: Using cl-store I serialize lisp objects and send them to a remote file(or d= b or anything) to be saved. Upon suc...

Customize
I'm revising a package (the Rmail spam filter) that has some variables that are changeable through the "customize" system, as well as through some commands in the package. However, I'm having some trouble making sure that changed values of these variables are being marked correctly. As far as I can tell, "customize" is driven by several properties that customizable variables have (standard-value, saved-value, and others). But I can find no documentation on what the values of these properties are exactly, and how they interact with the several stages of customizat...

Re: Removing Customize Dropdown on a Custom Toolbar
"Sky" <sky @ stanley associates . com> wrote in message news:... > > One annoying feature is that at the far right edge of each custom toolbar > there is a small dropdown arrow. When you hover over it with the mouse, a > ControlTip Text of "Toolbar Options" is displayed. If you then click on > the dropdrown arrow, it displays a popup menu of "Add or Remove Buttons", > with a fly-out menu with the toolbar name at the top and "Customize..." at > the bottom. Hm, no response so far. Does everyone deliver their Access 2003 ap...