LaTeX Beamer

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
the pdf output?

Ulrich
0
Reply ugroh (21) 6/18/2010 11:07:52 AM

See related articles to this posting

Le vendredi 18/06/10 =E0 04h07,
Ulrich <ugroh@mac.com> a =E9crit :

> How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
> the pdf output?

\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}
--=20
Denis

0
Reply Denis 6/18/2010 11:11:52 AM

In article <20100618131152.02218ab9@drums>, dbitouze.no@spam.wanadoo.fr
says...

> Le vendredi 18/06/10 � 04h07,
> Ulrich <ugroh@mac.com> a �crit :
>
> > How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
> > the pdf output?
>
> \setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}

or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty
0
Reply Dr 6/18/2010 12:28:46 PM

Le vendredi 18/06/10 =E0 08h28,
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum <engelbert_buxbaum@hotmail.com> a =E9crit :

> or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty

Where is it documented?
--=20
Denis

0
Reply Denis 6/18/2010 12:33:11 PM

Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze.no@spam.wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Le vendredi 18/06/10 à 08h28,
> Dr Engelbert Buxbaum <engelbert_buxbaum@hotmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty
>
> Where is it documented?

Line 422 of beamerbasecompatibility.sty is:

\def\beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty{\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}}

The file name suggests that this is only included for compatibility
reasons and should not be used.

--
Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail.
0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

a question about latex beamer
I got an error as follows in my tex file of Beamer class. Error: line 0: error in scanning usage of \frame; What does it mean? Can anybody explain. Thanks Please provide an example of the file you are trying to compile, this is nearly impossible to help you only with this error message :) Cheers ! azra. Le 26/10/2012 08:44, avanaji@gmail.com a �crit : > I got an error as follows in my tex file of Beamer class. > > Error: line 0: error in scanning usage of \frame; > > What does it mean? Can anybody explain. Thanks > ...

latex beamer color
Hello! This risks to be a silly question, but … I use latex beamer, CambridgeUS, seagull colortheme. My headline on the front page is --- RED or kinda reddish. But: there is no red in colotheme seagull, nor elsewhere in CambridgeUS theme. Where is this titlepage and headline-color defined????? Thank you so much! Peter Dörner schrieb: > Hello! This risks to be a silly question, but … > > I use latex beamer, CambridgeUS, seagull colortheme. My headline on the > front page is --- RED or kinda reddish. But: there is no red in > colotheme seagull, nor elsewhere ...

preview-latex + beamer +
[xpost+f/up] i'm using xemacs 21.5.29 with auctex 11.86 + preview patches i have two files ,----[ pollo.tex ] \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fontspec} \setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text,Numbers=Lining]{Candara} \usepackage{graphicx} \begin{document} \[\includegraphics{sin}\] tet \[\alpha\sin\sin{n}\] \end{document} %%% Local Variables: %%% mode: latex %%% TeX-master: t %%% TeX-engine: xetex %%% End: `---- ,----[ pullo.tex ] \documentclass{beamer} \usepackage{fontspec} \setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text,Numbers=Lining]{Candara} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepa...

latex-beamer + pstricks???
sorry maybe most people would say that beamer is not supposed to work with pstricks, use pgf! but I am too lazy to learn pgf, and I am afraid pgf is not as powerful as pstricks to implement what I want: I want a equation; \[ A + B=c\] I want to show the equation in 3 steps, A , then draw a arrow from outsize, pointing to A, then same to B, then same to C, problem is, I use \Rnode{A} to remember the position for the pointer, then use \uncover<1-3>{\ncarc{A}{outside_A}} to draw the arrow, it seems that the arrow is always drawn, not in time steps, anyone has a take on this?? thanks a...

LaTeX beamer subtitle.
Dear LaTeX experts, I am using the beamer package for creating slides and want to add more space between the subtitle an the main title on the title page of the presentation. Using \newlines or '\\' or '\vspace{}' didn't help, even when using '\setbeamertemplate{subtitle}'. Does anyone know how to do this? Best regards, Peter. ...

LaTeX-Beamer fonts
Well, I'm trying to determine a good font to use for presentations with Beamer. The problem is that I want my math to look good. Since it seems that Beamer wants to use Sans Serif fonts, it seems that I'm looking for a free Sans Serif font that makes my math look good. It really defeats the purpose of using Sans Serif if it goes back to normal Computer Modern Roman for mathematics. Therefore, the best solution that I've found right now it to just use Computer Modern Roman for the text and Computer Modern (as well) for the math. The Computer Moder Sans Serif doesn't do well...

Latex Beamer Layout Problem
Hi, I am preparing a Beamer slide with two simple equations. I wanna include this in a block as shown below. \begin{block}{Equation} \begin{align*} r &= a + b \\ s &= c + d \end{align*} \end{block} It looks alright, the only problem is that it wastes so much space above and below the equations. I tried vspace{-2cm} but it did not have any effect. Any other idea how I could reduce the empty area above and below the equations. Might it be possible that the block size is fixed and thats the problem why it takes so much space? Many thanks for your help In artic...

Trebuchet font in LaTeX-Beamer
Dear TeX-perts, I'm looking to enrich my slides (made with LaTeX-Beamer under linux tetex) by using some truetype fonts, in particular the Microsoft Trebuchet. I have googled around for a while but I didn't find how to do that. Have you some useful and simple pointers to pass me that explain how to install that font under linux and how to use it with pdflatex? Of course also explanations are welcome. :-) Thank you in advance. Walter --=20 Walter Cazzola, PhD - DICo, University of Milano ICQ UIN: 6663360= 1 email: cazzola (at) disi.unige.it (or remove nospam. from the a...

tip: LaTeX beamer class
I have updated the LaTeX page http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/TeX_and_LaTeX with tricks for the beamer (presentation .pdf) class * page X of Y * environment semiverbatim for program listings * stacking decriptions with the relax command Ron Fehd the pdfLaTeX maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

LyX, Latex-beamer and hyperref
Hello, I just have upgraded some TeX stuff on my Mandriva 2007.1 distro (tetex, lyx and dependencies). All my LyX files of class 'beamer', that used to compile OK before using pdfLaTeX fail to compile. Looking at the LaTeX log file, the first error encountered is upon loading the hyperref package, which in turn call the url.sty file : ..=2E. Package hyperref Info: Bookmarks ON on input line 2458. (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/apacite/url.sty ! Undefined control sequence. l=2E39 \do\{\mathchar"3E }\do \{\mathchar"1B }\do\=EF=BF=BD\mathchar"...

LaTeX: conflict between beamer and memoir?
For a while now I have been writing articles and preparing slides from the same main file, using the technique presented in section 21.2.2 of the Beamer manual, along with the memoir class. I have been recently upgraded from MikTeX 2.6 to 2.8 and now problems arise. Under v2.6, with memoir 2005/09/25 v1.618 and beamerarticle 2007/01/28 rcs-revision 1.6, the following code: \documentclass{memoir} \usepackage[noxcolor]{beamerarticle} \input null compiles without problem (that is, I reach the * prompt). Under 2.8, with memoir 2010/08/22 v3.6f and beamerarticle 2010/05/01 rcs-r...

latex-beamer
Dear Group, I am trying to write the Lie derivative using the latex-beamer. Previously the symbol for the Lie derivative was $\pounds$. This does not work. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much, Daniel In article <1170255591.803058.234180@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, daniel_unb wrote: > I am trying to write the Lie derivative using the latex-beamer. > Previously the symbol for the Lie derivative > was $\pounds$. This does not work. What about \documentclass{minimal} \begin{document} \[ \mathcal{L}_X \] \end{document} I think using \pounds_X is distracting. -- Maarten ...

Greyed out item in LaTeX Beamer
Hi, is there a way to grey out items in a itemize/enumerate list in beamer (e.g. like the items greyed out in the table of contents frame when using \frame{\tableofcontents[current]}) I have an itemized list and managed to highlight certain items using \ {color}<2>[rgb]{1,0,0}) but would like to "grey out" others. How can I do that? Thanks, Barbara On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:02:38 -0700, bplank wrote: > Hi, > > is there a way to grey out items in a itemize/enumerate list in beamer > (e.g. like the items greyed out in the table of contents frame when > using \f...

latex beamer and bibliography numbers
Hi all, does anybody know a way to make beamer show reference numbers in the bibliography instead of icons (or triangles)? References appear in the slides correctly as numbers inside square brackets but in the bibliography I can only have icons and, thus, the reader can't match references with bibliography entries. Thanks alfredo On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 06:50:37 -0700, Alfredo Buttari wrote: > Hi all, > does anybody know a way to make beamer show reference numbers in the > bibliography instead of icons (or triangles)? References appear in the > slides correctly as numbers inside...

LaTeX example enviroment in beamer possible?
Hoi, I'm trying to create an example environment for a presentation using 'beamer'. What I would like to see is the LaTeX-generated output say on the left in a beamer example-box and on the right the verbatim rendered input. However, using verbatim within beamer-example boxes doesn't work and my tinkering with fancyvrb was so far not successful. Any ideas / examples how to do the job? TIA Christian Christian Meesters schrieb: > Hoi, > > I'm trying to create an example environment for a presentation using > 'beamer'. What I would like to see is ...

[Latex-Beamer] Centering the title page
Hi together, when I use a theme like Warzaw the title page: \frame[plain]{ \titlepage } is perfectly in the centre. But when I use a them like Palo alto, it is to far on the right hand side because there is this navigation column on the left side. I did not find out how to set the margins to "0" on a \frame[plain] page or to use another theme on this title page. Thanks for any hints for exact centering of the title page, Bernd -- BM Computer-Services, Bergmannstr. 66, 10961 Berlin Webdesign, Internet, Layout und Grafik Tel.: 030/20649400, mobil 0175/7419517, Fax: 030/2064940...

Animating plots for a beamer+latex presentation
Hello, I analyze my data using matlab. This generates multiple plots per figure. For a presentation, I wish to use overlays with beamer to uncover each of the plots one by one, possibly using a keypress (don't trust timings). Is it possible ? If so, how ? I have a hunch that I might need something like pstricks (or pdftricks which I have read about but have no experience using). I do not wish to use powerpoint or impress because I want the sharp clean looks, fonts and colours for the presentation. Thanks. On Sep 6, 7:44=A0pm, Geico Caveman <spammers-go-h...@spam.invalid> wrote: &...

Beamer and LaTeX -- wrong-sized slides
Hi, I am trying to put together a presentation using Beamer. I need to include plenty of pstricks graphics, so I am going the latex->dvips->ps2pdf route. Problem is, whenever I try to compile a file in this manner the result is a tiny slide sitting in the corner of the page (upper left corner in the .dvi, lower left corner in the .ps file). It looks something like this: ------------------------------ | | | | | | | | | PAGE | | ...

LaTeX Beamer Source Code Placement Question
I have created a simple LaTeX Beamer slide to display some source code via the listings package. However, the slide currently has the displayed source code aligned vertically left (even with the \begin{center} ... \end{center} directives applied). How would I get the source code example to vertically align more towards the center of the slide/frame? Thanks in advance. Shown below is the example LaTeX I have created so far. Sincerely, Indraniel Das ================== \documentclass{beamer} \usepackage{graphicx} % for adding pictures \usepackage{listings} % for display...

LaTeX and Friends: now also including beamer
Dear all, This is to inform you that a've added a chapter about creating presentations with beamer to "LaTeX and Friends". You may find the document at http://csweb.ucc.ie/~donge/LaTeX-and-Friends.pdf. Regards, Marc van Dongen Hi, * Marc van Dongen <dongen@cs.ucc.ie> in comp.text.tex: > This is to inform you that a've added a chapter about creating > presentations with beamer to "LaTeX and Friends". You may find the > document at http://csweb.ucc.ie/~donge/LaTeX-and-Friends.pdf. Small typo ; the correct URL is: http://csweb.uc...

bad interaction: beamer, amsmath, preview-latex
_[xposted, followup set to gnu.emacs.help]_ i have two files, one (yb.tex) that uses the beamer class and another (nb.tex) that uses the article class when i use preview-latex to generate inline pictures of my equation, in the first case it does not work, while in the second case it works as usual environment: auctex and preview versions are "11.86", XEmacs 21.5 (beta29) "garbanzo" 39d74978fd32 [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule) thank you in advance for your help, gb ,----[ yb.tex ] | \documentcl...

make cited reference in the footline in LaTeX Beamer
When making a slide, how can I put the the bibliography appears on the footline ? I tried Jurabib and footbib, the former one is not working with Beamer, the later one has no effect at all. May ...

LATEX Beamer -> how to set sectction and subsection fonts
Question: I am using the latex beamer class for my lectures slides - does anybody know how to set the font size for section or subsection in toc -> \setbeamerfont{section font}{size=\large} for example does not change the appearance in the toc on slide border! THANKS ERICH ...

[xcolor=pst,dvips]{beamer} causes latex errors
I am trying to use pstricks in Beamer. The documentation says to pass the options [xcolor=pst,dvips]{beamer}. If I do this I get latex errors relating to the xcolor package. If I only use [dvips]{beamer} I get solid black bars instead of the attractive beamer color highlighting. If I leave both options out I can latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf the document and my pstricks stuff appears but it appears in the top left corner of a portrait page i.e. it prints at slide size, one slide per A4 page. I have included pdfpagemode=FullScreen in the hyperrefsetup string. I have updated my pstricks and ...