LaTeX Beamer

How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
the pdf output?

Ulrich
0
ugroh (21)

Le vendredi 18/06/10 =E0 04h07,
Ulrich <ugroh@mac.com> a =E9crit :

> How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
> the pdf output?

\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}
--=20
Denis

0
Denis
6/18/2010 11:11:52 AM
In article <20100618131152.02218ab9@drums>, dbitouze.no@spam.wanadoo.fr
says...

> Le vendredi 18/06/10 � 04h07,
> Ulrich <ugroh@mac.com> a �crit :
>
> > How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
> > the pdf output?
>
> \setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}

or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty
0
Dr
6/18/2010 12:28:46 PM
Le vendredi 18/06/10 =E0 08h28,
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum <engelbert_buxbaum@hotmail.com> a =E9crit :

> or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty

Where is it documented?
--=20
Denis

0
Denis
6/18/2010 12:33:11 PM
Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze.no@spam.wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Le vendredi 18/06/10 à 08h28,
> Dr Engelbert Buxbaum <engelbert_buxbaum@hotmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty
>
> Where is it documented?

Line 422 of beamerbasecompatibility.sty is:

\def\beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty{\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}}

The file name suggests that this is only included for compatibility
reasons and should not be used.

--
Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail.
0

tamil latex
Bonjour, Is there a way to typeset tamil words, using LaTeX, in a text. I tried sinhala package but it seems that this package is incomplete: when you read the manual it seems that putting the command "#TAMIL" will switch the indica preprocessor to Tamil language but I can only get errors messages while latex-compiling the result.... Thank you -- Fran�ois Patte Universit� Paris 5 - Paris ...

LaTeX calendar package, yearly and monthly
I'm trying to construct a calendar with a complete year on one page, followed by each month on its own page ... and it mostly works. The problem is the headers. \documentclass{article} \usepackage[english]{babel} %\usepackage{calendar} \usepackage{yearly} \usepackage{monthly} %\usepackage{yearly} \begin{document} \begin{yearly}{}{} 2000 Jan 01 \end{yearly} \clearpage \begin{yearly}{ title={TITLE Y}, labels={WE,TH,FR,SA,SU,MO,TU}, firstday=3, }{} 2000 Jan 01 \end{yearly} \clearpage \begin{monthly}{}{} 2000 Jan 01 \end{monthly} \clearpage \begin{monthly}{ title={TITLE M}, labels={WE,...

Bookplate in LaTeX?
Does anyone have a nice LaTeX bookplate (ex-libris) they can pass on? (I didn't find any in the online TeX catalogue.) -- Timothy Murphy e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366 s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland Timothy Murphy wrote: > Does anyone have a nice LaTeX bookplate (ex-libris) > they can pass on? > (I didn't find any in the online TeX catalogue.) I did a row of book spines in LaTeX for amusement while I was ill some time last year, so I have added an _ex libris_ :-) http://latex.silmaril.ie/bookplate...

Filled boxes and latex
Hi! I want to create a bar chart with filled boxes and include this in my latex-file (because of using same fonts and formula-styles all over my Master's Thesis). With 'set terminal x11' everything works fine, but with 'set terminal latex' there are only boxes with different frames created. Also I tried different fill-styles, but none worked. I'm looking for a way to fill my boxes with section-linigs or with shades of grey. Can you give me any hints, how I could solve my problem? (I'm using gnuplot 4.0, patchlevel 0) Regards, Rainer Rainer Wunde...

|*** TRANSPARENT LATEX ***|
.. click here to enter::: >>> http://su365.su/transparent-latex/100 <<< ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` transparent latex ` ` ` ...

Beamer, \framesubtitle
Hi, probably is this feature request ... I like to have on each part of frame with allowed breaks common title in different subtitles on each part of frame. something like this: \begin{frame}[allowframebreaks] \frametitle{frame title} \framesubtitle{first subtitle} .... \framebreak \framesubtitle{second subtitle} .... \end{frame} How to achieve this? Beamer put last framesubtitle on each part of frame. Any suggestion is very welcome! regards, Zarko I faced the same issue, a workaround: \begin{frame}[fragile] \frametitle{Implementation I} \framesubtitle{...

CV in LaTeX
Hi! Sorry if this is a FAQ (if it is, could you please point me to where it is?). I need to make my CV in LaTeX. So far, I have only found ugly templates on the net. The result I currently have is http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0326858/CV_en_10-03-05.pdf I would like something more fancy with colors, frames (eg. having a coloured bar in the background of each title - and not just behind the words of the title but on the whole line) etc. What would you recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Deimos. On 2005-05-25, Deimos wrote: > Hi! > > > Sorry if this is a F...

Problem in placing figures/tables in STUB column (latex 2e)
How to place the floats in stub column layout in Latex 2e. i.e. Figures and tables. Is there any style available for placing the figures or tables in stub column layout. Or is there any macro available in Latex stub column styles. Please suggest me as soon as possible. Thanks.. Raju ...

Strange problem making EPS swatch from LaTeX file
Howdy all! I have long been using a little shell script (uusing gwTeX, now TeXLive 2007 from TUG's MacTeX distro, now on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2) to produce EPS for use as labels in graphics to be included in LaTeX docs. The shell script loads packages, sets up the environment and the fonts used, imports the tiny little .tex file, then runs LaTeX and dvips. The setup part of the shell (/bin/sh) script includes: cat > $TEXTMP.tex << 'EOF' \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage{lucidbry} \usepackage{amsbsy} \usepackage{marvosym} \thispagestyle{empty} \begin{docum...

Invoking latex several times in one Makefile
Hello everybody out there using LaTeX, Is it possible to invoke latex several times within the same Makefile? I'm trying to build a document using LaTeX and the following makefile: default: mydoc.dvi mydoc.bbl mydoc.dvi: mydoc.tex latex mydoc.tex mydoc.bbl: mydoc.aux bibtex mydoc.aux If i run make, the two files mydoc.dvi and mydoc.bbl are created as one expects. However, in order to include the bibliography in the mydoc.dvi file, I have to run "latex mydoc.tex" again from the command-line and even one more time to include the bibliography in the table of contents. What do I...

Hot! Sale 100% Naturel Latex Standard Pillow,Massager Pillow,Latex Baby Pillow,Latex Car Pillow, Latex Ergonomic Pillow,Latex Cushion,Latex Mattresses
100% Naturel Latex Standard Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Massager Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Latex Baby Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Latex Car Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/, Latex Ergonomic Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Latex Cushion http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Latex Mattresses http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/ ...

Start beamer file in Full Screen automatically
Since hyperref clashes with beamer how can i start my pdf file directly in Full Screen Mode, wihtout having to press Ctrl-L ??? Cheers, Henrik On 19-01-2005 11:22, Henrik Andersson wrote: > Since hyperref clashes with beamer how can i start my pdf file directly > in Full Screen Mode, wihtout having to press Ctrl-L ??? Add \pdfcatalog{/PageMode/FullScreen} to the preamble of your document. Best regards, Jose Carlos Santos Henrik Andersson wrote: > Since hyperref clashes with beamer how can i start my pdf file > directly in Full Screen Mode, wihtout having to press Ctrl-L...

LaTeX
Hello. I wish to include my .sci files automaticaly into my LyX/LaTeX document. Does anyone know how can I do this and get some formating of the code, like at least put it into a \verbatim environment? Alright, I wrote a quick and dirty perl program that turns your scilab code into a highlighted alltt-environment. There are some bugs left, like it seems to be some extra space at some places, why, I don't know. disp(2); sin(2)*cos(44); is transformed into disp(2); sin(2)* cos(44); Not perfect, but sufficient for the moment. http://w1.463.comhem.se/~u46307480/Scila...

Wait for the new LaTeX Companion or buy the new "A guide to LaTeX" now?
I have been using LaTeX for about two years; I feel quite at ease with it now, but I would like to learn some advanced topics, so I want to buy a good book. The new edition of "A Guide to LATEX", by Helmut Kopka and Patrick W. Daly came out in December 2003. 624 pages, amazon.co.uk sells it for � 26.59. The new edition of the LaTeX Companion ( http://www.awprofessional.com/isapi/product_id~{B92DA302-1CC3-4981-8346- 5044D07FA5D9}/catalog/product.asp ) is due to be released by the end of April and will be about twice as big: 1152 pages. Do you think it's worth waiting til...

Hyphen a long url with (pdf)LaTeX automatically when compilling the tex source file.
Hi all, Consider the following scenario: 1- I've a very long url: http://very/long/url/here/ 2- This url may be appear several times in different context of my documentation. 3- I want (pdf)LaTeX automatically determine the hyphenation points according to the context of this url. Is it possible to achieve this aim? Thanks in advance. Regards, -- ..: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :. On 2009-03-03 13:13:24 +1030, Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> said: > 1- I've a very long url: url.sty Will On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:14:36 +1030, Will ...

understanding latex.ltx
Hello group, Is there some sort of docs for the latex base, in order to understand the constructions in latex.ltx and the like? Reason is that browsing through I just stumbled across the lines \newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa \newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa \newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa \newdimen\@gtempa and I really can't see why this would make any sense... Ciao, H. -- Hendrik Maryns Fichtenweg 19 Zi. 9 D-72076 T�bingen Deutschland/Duitsland +491753353494 (Deutschland) +...

cyrillic with emacs and latex
Hello everybody! I am a user of Sun Solaris computers. Usually I write my papers in latex with emacs. I want to use latex for writing cyrillic text and want to have russian letters in emacs. As many people have said to me, I use cyrillic language environment, which is under the Mule menu, and cyrillic input method, again under Mule menu. In this way I get dvi file with cyrillic text, but I get two problems. First in emacs there are rectangles instead of cyrillic letters. Second when I close emacs, and open it again nothing seems to work. Can anybody help me with the problem? Farhad "F...

Economics Graphs in LaTeX
Hi, can anybody point me to an example .tex file where I can see how nicely one can produce the different graphs for economics theory, like for example production and utility functions, production possibility frontiers, etc.? Thanks a million, Bob "Bob" <frotty22@yahoo.com> writes: > can anybody point me to an example .tex file where I can see how nicely > one can produce the different graphs for economics theory, like for > example production and utility functions, production possibility > frontiers, etc.? This is a rather general question form my point of ...

TeX, LaTeX support for STIX, Esstix fonts?
Apparently the STIX font project (www.stixfonts.org), a group effort by, among others, the AMS and Elsevier, to create a free and comprehensive set of fonts for maths and science, is getting close to completion. In fact, Elsevier made available a limited version of the fonts in 2003. The font files (AFM and PFB's) are available for download at ftp://ftp.elsevier.nl/pub/styles/esstix/ The problem is that there are no `obvious' TeX/LaTeX support files available yet (something has been cobbled together for one of the fonts (#14, I think)). The long term plan for STIX includes extensive ...

LaTeX resouce list
as I advertised in my regional papers last fall: This paper was typeset in \LaTeX. For further information about using \LaTeX to write your SUG paper, consult the SAS-L archives: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=sas-l Search for : The subject is or contains: LaTeX The author's address : RJF2 Since : 01 June 2003 or more accurately: Since : 13 Jan 2004 Comprehensive TeX Archive http://www.ctan.org TeX Users Group (TUG) http://www.tug.org/ TeX Live, TUG's distribution of TeX. http://www.tug.org/texlive/ > From: ...

\marginpar in latex
Hello, My problem is: how the command "\marginpar" works in latex (the general principle, not the technical details). I have looked in the latex source file and I have spent hours to try to understand the trick, but I it was over my head. I am bulding my own format and all the solutions I have found to put right marginal notes are imperfect: if the line containing the right marginal note contains a \vbox of depth greater than the \baseline, then my right marginal note appear below the current line, what latex know how to avoid. Please, is there anyone who is able to explain me what...

LaTeX Magic(extending LaTeX)
Matlab allows one to interface quite easy by passing matlab commands to it's engine. http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f29148.html How difficult is it to setup LaTeX to use this? Does one create an interface(dll/exe) that latex can use which simply passes the appropriate parsed text to the dll and somehow inserts the returned data back into the document. Hence if I wanted to call matlab from latex I just need a bridge with some way to format the output for display? latex->matlab->data->formatter->LaTeX or is it much m...

Problem submitting a bug to latex-bugs@latex.org
I've been trying to submit a bug report (on a small documentation typo) to the LaTeX Project's bug database, following the directions given here: http://www.latex-project.org/bugs.html However, every time I send in my report, I get a reply back stating: "Sorry, but to prevent SPAM, the latex-bugs email processor will accept only messages produced with the help of latexbug.tex. Please resend your problem report with the contents of latexbug.msg as the body of your message." I am, in fact, sending the contents of latexbug.msg -- as created by running "latex latex...

Advanced typography in LaTeX
Hi, I'm looking for a way of using LaTeX for fun, producing nice geometry-driven documents... without succeeding. :( What I need is to create user defined ``graphical'' boxes and place them where I want, specifying width, color, fonts, etc. I searched for a document but I didn't find anything. Anyone can help me? -- Sensei <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it> <icq:241572242> But still I fear, and still I dare not Laugh at the mad man (The Prophet's song) Sensei wrote: > Hi, > > I'm looking for a way of using LaTeX for fun, producing nice > geo...

Charts in LaTeX?
Can anyone recommend an interactive tool for creating charts (specifically line charts) and exporting them in a format that LaTeX understands. Angel Tsankov schrieb: > Can anyone recommend an interactive tool for creating charts > (specifically line charts) and exporting them in a format that LaTeX > understands. > Gnuplot? Uwe Well, it is command-line driven and not very interactive :( In fact, what I would like is to enter the data the chart should contain, e.g. average temperatures per month. Then I expect the program to plot the chart, e.g. some lines that show how aver...