LaTeX Beamer

How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
the pdf output?

Ulrich
0
ugroh (21)

Le vendredi 18/06/10 =E0 04h07,
Ulrich <ugroh@mac.com> a =E9crit :

> How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
> the pdf output?

\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}
--=20
Denis

0
Denis
6/18/2010 11:11:52 AM
In article <20100618131152.02218ab9@drums>, dbitouze.no@spam.wanadoo.fr
says...

> Le vendredi 18/06/10 � 04h07,
> Ulrich <ugroh@mac.com> a �crit :
>
> > How can I avoid the navigation symbols at the right lower corner in
> > the pdf output?
>
> \setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}

or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty
0
Dr
6/18/2010 12:28:46 PM
Le vendredi 18/06/10 =E0 08h28,
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum <engelbert_buxbaum@hotmail.com> a =E9crit :

> or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty

Where is it documented?
--=20
Denis

0
Denis
6/18/2010 12:33:11 PM
Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze.no@spam.wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Le vendredi 18/06/10 à 08h28,
> Dr Engelbert Buxbaum <engelbert_buxbaum@hotmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> or with \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty
>
> Where is it documented?

Line 422 of beamerbasecompatibility.sty is:

\def\beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty{\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}}

The file name suggests that this is only included for compatibility
reasons and should not be used.

--
Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail.
0

wrap text around text in latex
You do that by using a minipage environment, right? Gunnar G wrote: > You do that by using a minipage environment, right? I do it with the wrapfig package. Here's an example that I posted here once: \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage{wrapfig} \begin{document} Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. \begin{wrapfigure}{l}{5cm} \textbf{Memory:} Well, my guess is that you already know what memory is. I can't help you, because I forgot all about it. \end{wrapfigure} Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else....

on tex and latex
Hi there. I have a question more strictly about latex, but the only group I found on my news server is alt.sex.fetish.latex. I've been reading the TeXbook, and I now I've been wondering why we have a latex executable in the distribution of latex. My distribution is pdfetex which seems to replace tex entirely. Reading the TeXbook, it seems that TeX, as designed in the book, seems powerful enough to allow abstractions written in pure TeX code. Apparently, there's something called e-TeX which pdfetex is a derivative, so I suppose there are extensions on the capabilities of Knuth's TeX. What are they? "Daniel C. Bastos" <dbast0s@yahoo.com.br> writes: > Hi there. I have a question more strictly about latex, but the only > group I found on my news server is alt.sex.fetish.latex. > > I've been reading the TeXbook, and I now I've been wondering why we have > a latex executable in the distribution of latex. My distribution is > pdfetex which seems to replace tex entirely. Reading the TeXbook, it > seems that TeX, as designed in the book, seems powerful enough to allow > abstractions written in pure TeX code. > > Apparently, there's something called e-TeX which pdfetex is a > derivative, so I suppose there are extensions on the capabilities of > Knuth's TeX. What are they? texdoc etex texdoc pdftex-a -- David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bi...

Tex and LaTex
I am looking for BSD compatible versions of Tex/LaTex and the usual supporting programs/macros that support the typsetting languages. Knuth's homepage led me to CTAN and TUG, but the TexLive distribution seems to be for Linux. Is there a FreeBSD compatible version, and if so, where can I find it? Thanks -- Mark Perreault In article <bk8vqo$okt$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, Two Ravens wrote: > Mark Perreault wrote: >> I am looking for BSD compatible versions of Tex/LaTex and the usual >> supporting programs/macros that support the typsetting languages. >> Knuth's homepage led me to CTAN and TUG, but the TexLive distribution >> seems to be for Linux. Is there a FreeBSD compatible version, and if >> so, where can I find it? >> > Try having at look at GROFF, here: > http://www.gnu.org/software/groff/groff.html That is quite a different typesetting system. I'd think the OP wants take a look at /usr/ports/print: it includes TeTeX, LaTeX, TeX, whatnot. -- j p d (at) d s b (dot) t u d e l f t (dot) n l . Mark Perreault wrote: > > I am looking for BSD compatible versions of Tex/LaTex and the usual > supporting programs/macros that support the typsetting languages. > Knuth's homepage led me to CTAN and TUG, but the TexLive distribution > seems to be for Linux. Is there a FreeBSD compatible version, and if > so, where can I find it? > > Tha...

TeX/LaTeX Survey & a LaTeX/PDF Presentation Demo
I still have an ongoing TeX/LaTeX survey at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dp=ADstory/eqExam/tex_survey.pdf If you are at all interested in sharing your TeX profile, please fill out the survey. See http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2005-2/story-survey/ for a summary of results to date. There is a restriction of two submittals per platform, in an attempt to avoid abuse of the suvey. Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher is required on Windows is required, and Reader 7.0 or higher for Mac and Linux is needed. -------------- I have also made available a demo file, in case you missed it, illustrating a new concept in a LaTeX/PDF Presentation. The filne name is ocg_tst.pdf and is on my AcroTeX web site http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dp=ADstory/webeq.html look for link near the top of the page. Adobe Reader 7.0 (or, of course Acrobat 7.0) is required to see the effects of this file. Now I simply must get back to work. dps ...

text-text

tex or latex?
I wish to learn tex. Can someone advise which is easier to learn and which is better - tex or latex? And where can I find a beginner's tutorial on any of these? Secondly, there are lots to tex and latex packages available. Which one do I need to install to use tex or latex? Regards, mowgli On May 20, 8:31 pm, mowgli <knowledgel...@gmail.com> wrote: > I wish to learn tex. Can someone advise which is easier to learn and > which is better - tex or latex? And where can I find a beginner's > tutorial on any of these? The "not so short guide to Latex" is a good place to start. www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf > > Secondly, there are lots to tex and latex packages available. Which > one do I need to install to use tex or latex? If you are using Windows, you can download and install MiKTeX, for example. www.miktex.org mowgli wrote: > I wish to learn tex. Can someone advise which is easier to learn and > which is better - tex or latex? The UK TeX FAQ offers the following (brief) bits of advice: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=LaTeXandPlain http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=plainvltx Personally, I'd recommend learning LaTeX over Plain TeX. More people use it (as far as I can tell) so you're more likely to get answers to your questions and it provides more prebuilt commands. If you're a programmer, think "LaTeX is to C as Plain TeX is to assembly la...

text + text

Convert LaTeX or LaTeX output to MS Word without preserving text
A conference requires that I submit both a Word document and a PDF file in the same typographic format. I can easily convert to a messy Word document, so I tried that, but they want it to be formatted exactly like the PDF. How can I convert a LaTeX file, PDF, DVI, &c. to a vector image with no text and then assemble them in a Microsoft Word document? This is probably not what you want, but just in case... screen capture each pdf page to a jpeg, and insert each jpeg into a separate page in the word document. Thomas Levine <thomas.levine@gmail.com> writes: > A conference requires that I submit both a Word document and a PDF > file in the same typographic format. I can easily convert to a messy > Word document, so I tried that, but they want it to be formatted > exactly like the PDF. > > How can I convert a LaTeX file, PDF, DVI, &c. to a vector image with > no text and then assemble them in a Microsoft Word document? Are you sure that's going to satisfy the conference organizers? If they require a doc file, presumably they need to be able to cut & paste the text, which they will not be able to do if you have already converted the text to an image. Have you tried tex4ht? It produces nice .odt files, which can then be converted in OpenOffice into doc files, preserving most formatting. If you really want to make image files, you could probably get ImageMajick or Gimp to convert your pdfs into something that could then be imported int...

cygwin latex problem: latex.exe points to pdfetex.exe and not to tex.exe , why?
hi; I think my PC is possessed with some spirit that is playing tricks on me. 2 days ago I made complete new fresh installation of cygwin 1.5.18 (latest) which includes complete tex installation. I always select to install everything. now, when I run the command latex, it invokes pdfetex instead: ----------------------- $ which latex /usr/bin/latex $ ls -l /usr/bin/latex lrwxrwxrwx 1 win Users 11 Jul 11 23:33 /usr/bin/latex -> pdfetex.exe --------------------------- when I go to the earlier cygwin installation (I copied that to the side before), I see it was pointing to tex.exe instead: ----------------------- $ cd /cygdrive/c/cygwin.BAD/bin $ ls -l latex lrwxrwxrwx 1 win Users 7 Aug 6 2004 latex -> tex.exe ------------------------- The only problem I see now is that when build the .ps document, the fonts look really bad. (and it takes much longer to convert .tex to ..dvi) However, when I convert the .ps file to pdf using ps2pdf, the fonts in the pdf document looks good. This is how I currently build things $ cat build.sh latex mim latex mim dvips mim -o mim.ps ps2pdf mim.ps mim.pdf The file mim.ps contain bad looking fonts now (thet are not as sharp as before). My question is: why did latex installation decide to point latex command to pdfetex.exe when before it was pointing to tex.exe? I could actually forget about building the .PS file anyway, it is so much larger than the PDF file, and Iam not sure .PS is needed anyway since a .pdf file...

how to show Latex text string on "static text" field in GUI?
hi folks, how to show Latex text such as "\sigma" symbol on the "static text" field in my GUI? thanks a lot, -Gino gino wrote: <Summary: He wants to display a sigma character in a static text box> I'm not sure you can, at least in R13. (R14 might be different.) Uicontrols such as static text boxes don't seem to support the Interpreter command to allow you specify whether whether characters are interpreted as Tex instructions or literally. In R13, uicontrols seem to interpret all characters literally. Bob Pownall gino wrote on 22 Jul 2004 03:15:06 MET: > how to show Latex text such as "\sigma" symbol on the "static > text" field in my GUI? If your text is static you could convert LaTeX output to an image (GIF or PNG) and include that instead of your text: <URL:http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/textogif/textogif.html> HTH Patrick -- MATLAB support: http://www.mathworks.com/support/ MATLAB file exchange: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange MATLAB FAQ: http://www.mit.edu/~pwb/cssm/ gino wrote: > > > hi folks, > > how to show Latex text such as "\sigma" symbol on the "static text" > field in > my GUI? > > thanks a lot, > > -Gino > > Well, you could also cheat. Don't use a static text field, but directly the 'text' command... you just have to determine the (x, y) position of the text. Since 'text' pla...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

TeX vs LaTeX?
What are major differences between the two? Can one mix TeX and LaTeX code in same file? How to compile this? Zach Zach schrieb: > What are major differences between the two? http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=whatTeX http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=latex http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=latex2e http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=plainvltx http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=LaTeXandPlain Probabely some other Topics in the FAQ are also of interest. Harry -- Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away. "Zach" <netrek@gmail.com> writes: >What are major differences between the two? >Can one mix TeX and LaTeX code in same file? >How to compile this? sigh. you could read the faq before asking a long list of faqs. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=LaTeXandPlain+plninltx (at least) -- Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge ...

iPad and TeX/LaTeX
Hello all, After today's unveiling of the iPad, I was wondering if it will be possible in the future to have a full fledge TeX implementation for iPhone OS to run on iPad. For those who use Pages or similar products, there will be available tools to compose documents. For those of us who use TeX/LaTeX and will own an iPad, a complete TeX implementation can prove very helpful. From what I read, the CPU power should be more than enough. What are your thoughts on this subject? Has anyone tried to make TeX Live run on iPhone OS? Best, Hooman Javidnia On Jan 27, 8:50=A0pm, Hooman <hooman.javid...@gmail.com> wrote: > What are your thoughts on this subject? Has anyone tried to make TeX > Live run on iPhone OS? $ du -csh /usr/local/texlive/2008 1.9G /usr/local/texlive/2008 1.9G total I can't imagine wanting to burn 2GB of a maximum of 64 GB on TeX. Presumably, one wouldn't need all of TeX Live, but I suspect it would still be pretty large with a reasonable subset of TeX Live. -- Steve Checkoway On 2010-01-28 06:39:41 +0100, Steve Checkoway said: > On Jan 27, 8:50�pm, Hooman <hooman.javid...@gmail.com> wrote: >> What are your thoughts on this subject? Has anyone tried to make TeX >> Live run on iPhone OS? > > $ du -csh /usr/local/texlive/2008 > 1.9G /usr/local/texlive/2008 > 1.9G total > > I can't imagine wanting to burn 2GB of a maximum of 64 GB on TeX. > Presumably, one wouldn't need a...

latex beamer color
Hello! This risks to be a silly question, but … I use latex beamer, CambridgeUS, seagull colortheme. My headline on the front page is --- RED or kinda reddish. But: there is no red in colotheme seagull, nor elsewhere in CambridgeUS theme. Where is this titlepage and headline-color defined????? Thank you so much! Peter Dörner schrieb: > Hello! This risks to be a silly question, but … > > I use latex beamer, CambridgeUS, seagull colortheme. My headline on the > front page is --- RED or kinda reddish. But: there is no red in > colotheme seagull, nor elsewhere ...

Beamer: hyphenate text
Is there a way to get the beamer package to hyphenate text, in paticular in a block? Dieter Kilsch ...

convert tex to latex
i have an old tex file i want to convert to latex. How to do that ? In article <1154029737.183542.45610@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, mintoo wrote: > i have an old tex file i want to convert to latex. How to do that ? Why would you want to do that? Running your old tex file through tex should just work. -- Maarten Bergvelt Because i want to modify it add some more intermediate equations to it Maarten Bergvelt wrote: > In article <1154029737.183542.45610@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, mintoo wrote: > > i have an old tex file i want to convert to latex. How to do that ? > > Why would you want to do that? Running your old tex file through tex > should just work. > > -- > Maarten Bergvelt "mintoo" <varun.tangri@gmail.com> writes: >i have an old tex file i want to convert to latex. How to do that ? the problem is, that there are no fixed conventions for document structure in plain tex, so the question is impossible to answer without further information. for a document of mine, i would expect to do the whole job in a single editor run ... if i had ever used significant plain tex markup, i imagine a few search-replace operations would help. -- Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge In article <1154043675.918294.281230@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, mintoo wrote: > Because i want to modify it add some more intermediate equations to it Well, that would still work in TeX. But if you insist on LaTeX, you...

Extracting text from Latex
Hi, Does anybody knows if there exist any tool/code (Perl code,etc) that allows us to extract the text content from Latex document? Regards Edward Wijaya SINGAPORE -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Edward Wijaya wrote: > > Hi, > > Does anybody knows if there exist any tool/code (Perl code,etc) > that allows us to extract the text content from Latex document? > > Regards > Edward Wijaya > SINGAPORE > > -- > Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ If you have access to a Unix or Linux system, try typing in `man detex' -- Julian V. Noble Professor Emeritus of Physics jvn@lessspamformother.virginia.edu ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ http://galileo.phys.virginia.edu/~jvn/ "God is not willing to do everything and thereby take away our free will and that share of glory that rightfully belongs to us." -- N. Machiavelli, "The Prince". On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:31:08 -0000, Edward Wijaya wrote: > Does anybody knows if there exist any tool/code (Perl code,etc) > that allows us to extract the text content from Latex document? Process the document using LaTeX and then convert the output to text using dvi2tty, pstotext or ps2ascii (after dvips), or pdftotext (after pdflatex or dvipdfm). Bob T. On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:31:08 +0000, Edward Wijaya wrote: > Hi, > > Does anybody knows if there exist any tool/code (Per...

beamer and disappearing text
Hello. I have been scratching my head for many hours now over this one. This issue is actually causing me all kinds of problems, but I can shrink it down to a three-frame example... Basically, in this example, I set frames #1 and #3 to be exactly the same. BUT, frame #1 displays perfectly while frame #3 blanks out the text "In your practice, are computers or other forms of IT used for..." . The only frame between them is one that also works perfectly---3 uses of the definition environment. What is frame #2 doing to screw up frame #3? I include some code below which parallels what I explained above. Thank you. adam __ %FRAME #1 \begin{frame} \frametitle{Data} \framesubtitle{Variable Construction} \vspace{-20pt} \begin{description} \item[constructing the \alert{dependent} variable---\textbf{HIT adoption}] In your practice, are computers or other forms of IT used for... \begin{itemize} \item ...communicating with patients? \item ...researching treatment options? \item ...checking the contents of the formulary? \item ...issuing reminders? \item ...taking notes on patients? \item ...issuing prescriptions? \item ...sharing clinical information? \end{itemize} \end{description} \end{frame} %FRAME #2 \begin{frame} \frametitle{Hypotheses} %\framesubtitle{Hypotheses} \vspace{-20pt} \begin{definition} some text. \end{definitio...

Bold latex text?
I am trying to make a label bold, but it does not work if I use underscore: set label "P_{11}" at 1,1,1+y_offset font "Helvetica Bold" If I instead omit the undersocre (subscript) it works fine: set label "P11" at 1,1,1+y_offset font "Helvetica Bold" Is it not possible to make text with latex subscripts bold? On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:34:25 +0100, mlt wrote: > I am trying to make a label bold, but it does not work if I use > underscore: > > set label "P_{11}" at 1,1,1+y_offset font "Helvetica Bold" > > If I instead omit the undersocre (subscript) it works fine: > > set label "P11" at 1,1,1+y_offset font "Helvetica Bold" > > Is it not possible to make text with latex subscripts bold? What do you mean by "latex subscripts"? What terminal type are you using? Could you post a minimal gnuplot script that demonstrates your problem? -- Lionel B ...

Latex to plain text
Hello! Is there a way to input a .tex-file an produce a plain text file containing sections, lists(enumerate) etc? Regards, Ronny Mandal On 28 Nov 2006 05:11:30 -0800, RonnyM wrote: > Is there a way to input a .tex-file an produce a plain text file > containing sections, lists(enumerate) etc? http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=toascii It should be added that conversion from Postscript to text or PDF to text are also possibilities, depending on what you have available. The bottom line is that only TeX (or formats built on TeX) can successfully parse arbitrary tex input, so you might as well let TeX do it and then convert the output. Bob T. Bob Tennent wrote: > On 28 Nov 2006 05:11:30 -0800, RonnyM wrote: > > > Is there a way to input a .tex-file an produce a plain text file > > containing sections, lists(enumerate) etc? > > http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=toascii Thanks. RM ...

latex-beamer + pstricks???
sorry maybe most people would say that beamer is not supposed to work with pstricks, use pgf! but I am too lazy to learn pgf, and I am afraid pgf is not as powerful as pstricks to implement what I want: I want a equation; \[ A + B=c\] I want to show the equation in 3 steps, A , then draw a arrow from outsize, pointing to A, then same to B, then same to C, problem is, I use \Rnode{A} to remember the position for the pointer, then use \uncover<1-3>{\ncarc{A}{outside_A}} to draw the arrow, it seems that the arrow is always drawn, not in time steps, anyone has a take on this?? thanks a lot! lilostitch wrote: > sorry maybe most people would say that beamer is not supposed to work > with pstricks, use pgf! here you find a guide that tells you how to make pstricks work with latex-beamer http://www.geocities.com/kijoo2000/beamer.html I found it quite useful! hope it helps Lorenzo -- +-----------------------------------------------------+ | Lorenzo Bettini ICQ# lbetto, 16080134 | | PhD in Computer Science | | Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze | | Florence - Italy (GNU/Linux User # 158233) | | Home Page : http://www.lorenzobettini.it | | http://music.dsi.unifi.it XKlaim language | | http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple Cover Band | | http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite | | http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt | | http://www.lorenzobet...

Limitations of LaTeX/TeX
Speaking as a long time LaTeX user, these, in my opinion are the three most serious drawbacks: 1. Fonts. Adding new fonts is **such** a pain. If you open a standard word processing software, there are several fonts to choose from. But in LaTeX, even switching to times requires some work (especially if there are equations). One gets really tired of CM fonts after sometime . . . 2. Supported graphics formats. Normally you can only use .ps and .eps files. These are vector graphics formats and are unsuited for bitmapped images (photographs). Also, many applications produce bad .eps files that have sometimes cause problems in the final output. Including support for TIFF and JPG in regular LaTeX would be really helpful. pdflatex allows you to use jpgs, but it does not support .ps and .eps files - you need the perl program epstopdf to convert all the .eps files to ..pdf files. 3. Tables: LaTeX is fun only as long as you do not have to do complicated tables. If you want to merge rows, columns and shade tables, then you have to use several packages like colortbl, multirow etc. In many word processing programs, this is a simple thing to do. I understand that typesetting is very different from word processing. Each method has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I do feel however that these issues should be viewed as bugs that need to be fixed rather than as features of a system. Having said all these, I still would not use any other software to produce my documents. LaTeX i...

No TeX/LaTeX switches?
Am I right in thinking that there used to be a way of defining a macro on the tex or latex command line, with something like tex -dfoo=bar test ? Timothy Murphy <gayleard@eircom.net> writes: > Am I right in thinking that there used to be a way > of defining a macro on the tex or latex command line, > with something like > > tex -dfoo=bar test No. You can, however, place arbitrary TeX code on the command line. -- David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html> David Kastrup wrote: > Timothy Murphy <gayleard@eircom.net> writes: > >> Am I right in thinking that there used to be a way >> of defining a macro on the tex or latex command line, >> with something like >> >> tex -dfoo=bar test > > No. You can, however, place arbitrary TeX code on the command line. OK, thanks. Could you give an example, please? Timothy Murphy wrote: > David Kastrup wrote: > >> Timothy Murphy <gayleard@eircom.net> writes: >> >>> Am I right in thinking that there used to be a way >>> of defining a macro on the tex or latex command line, >>> with something like >>> >>> tex -dfoo=bar test >> No. You can, however, place arbitrary TeX code on the command line. > > OK, thanks. > Could you give an example, please? > > > Here is a doc...

a question about latex beamer
I got an error as follows in my tex file of Beamer class. Error: line 0: error in scanning usage of \frame; What does it mean? Can anybody explain. Thanks Please provide an example of the file you are trying to compile, this is nearly impossible to help you only with this error message :) Cheers ! azra. Le 26/10/2012 08:44, avanaji@gmail.com a �crit : > I got an error as follows in my tex file of Beamer class. > > Error: line 0: error in scanning usage of \frame; > > What does it mean? Can anybody explain. Thanks > ...

Web resources about - LaTeX Beamer - comp.text.tex

Winona Beamer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Winona Kapuailohiamanonokalani Desha Beamer (August 15, 1923 – April 10, 2008) was a champion of authentic and ancient Hawaiian culture, publishing ...

♫ Mr. Sun Cho Lee ♪ (with lyrics) ♫ Keola & Kapono Beamer - YouTube
Hawaii is such a wonderful place to live with all the different races, their foods and cultures. Of course, each race has stereotypes and although, ...

Brett Lee beamer breaks Shane Warne's hand
Shane Warne suffered a broken hand after being struck by an unintentional beamer from former Australia team mate Brett Lee in the MCC's seven-wicket ...

Brett Lee beamer breaks Shane Warne's hand
Shane Warne suffered a broken hand after being struck by an unintentional beamer from former Australia team mate Brett Lee in the MCC's seven-wicket ...

Callously Mowing Down Ducks With Your Beamer Is Probably Not A Crime
Five little ducks went out one day... and they died.

Winona Beamer dies at 84 on Maui
Honolulu, HI News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in Honolulu, Hawaii. Winona Beamer, the gentle yet determined matriarch ...

CHART: Frank Beamer has been a rare force of stability in the volatile world of college football - Business ...
Frank Beamer has been a rare force of stability in the volatile world of college football.

VIDEOS: Frank Beamer, other FBS coaches take 'Ice Bucket Challenge'
Frank Beamer and several other FBS coaches have taken part in the viral 'ice bucket challenge' to help raise ALS awareness.

Bowl game roundup: Indiana falls to Duke in OT; Frank Beamer wins final game
Duke survived a wild finish at Yankee Stadium for its first bowl victory in 54 years.