LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}.

Dear all,

I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex:
 LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}.

The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint?

Best Regards,

Zulfikar Dharmawan

 "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharmawan@gmail.com> writes:
>I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex:
> LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}.
>
>The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint?

there's an isolated \end{indented} in your document (one not matched
by \begin{indented}, that is).  text after the \end{indented} will
have been lost, which seems to contradict your "output ok" assertion...

not knowing what editor you use in development, it's hard to suggest
techniques; something as simple as searching for "{indented}" might be
good enough.  backward search from the line number given in the error
message would be a start.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
0
"Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharmawan@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex:
>  LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}.
>
> The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint?

The hint is the error message text.
Your environments are not nested properly.
(\begin{indented} is missing.)

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de>
0
oberdiek (2376)
3/26/2007 10:51:05 AM
On Mar 26, 2:58 am, "Zulfikar Dharmawan"
<zulfikar.dharma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex:
>  LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}.
>
> The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint?

The bezos bundle includes a tool for checking unbalanced environments.
You may try that to see if you can find what went wrong...

http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/bezos.html

Good luck,

Luis.

0
jlrn77 (482)

joke: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}.
\documentclass{article} \begin{document} \def\else{Ha! Ha!} \end{document} Hello! When running the example above, I get the following message: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. Well. OK. Why is this an error? Regards Ulrich "Ulrich Diez" <ulrich.diez@alumni.uni-tuebingen.de> writes: > \documentclass{article} > \begin{document} > \def\else{Ha! Ha!} > \end{document} > > Hello! > > When running the example above, I get the following message: > > LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? Because you broke LaTeX. Use \newcommand\else{Oops} and find out. Hell, you get bogus "Extra }" errors from fragile commands in moving arguments, without even breaking LaTeX itself. Some other attractive command names are \box, \output, \above, \count, \day, \if, \mark, \number, \over, \read, ... all of which are fundamental TeX commands, used internally. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> writes: > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? > Because you broke LaTeX. OK, I did understand the posting to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (or "cheeky") but I didn't notice the "subject" or realize it was a straight-out joke. Sorry to be a rube. In my defence, I've been typing "less secure" in ernest today. -- Donald Arseneau ...

The beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning?
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4747497 The beginning of the end, almost certainly. The cases will drag on into 2008 irrespective, but I'd be very surprised if SCO itself doesn't gone into administration during 2007. They must be almost out of cash by now, and all their assets are probably owed to Novell anyway. We should know more about the cash situation in a couple of weeks. On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, jezlinux wrote: > The beginning of the end, almost certainly. The cases will drag on > into 2008 irrespective, but I'd be very surprised if SCO itself doesn't > gone int...

how to redefine \begin{align*} ... \end{align*} to \begin{eqnarray*} .... \end{eqnarray*}
Hello; I am not good with Latex syntax. I think I need to use \renewenvironment, but I am not getting the syntax right. Scientific word insists in generating displayed math using \begin{align*} ... \end{align*} and htlatex has a bug in that it does not generate bit mapped images in this case, so that math looks ugly. The fix that I found after trial and error is to replace the above with \begin{eqnarray*} .... \end{eqnarray*} So I assume I need to put something in the preamble to tell it that. (I know how to make sure this is effective only only htlatex is running and not pdflatex). So I just need to know what the syntax is supposed to be (I need to learn Latex programming more). (ps. I first found this bug in Nov 2009, and to this day, it is still not fixed, 3 years later. http://12000.org/my_notes/on_tex4ht_displayed_math/note.htm thank you, --Nasser FYI; Please no need to look into this issue. I have posted this question on another forum and will follow it up there. thank you, --Nasser On 2/10/2013 8:43 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote: > Hello; > > I am not good with Latex syntax. I think I need to use > \renewenvironment, but I am not getting the syntax right. > > Scientific word insists in generating displayed math using > > \begin{align*} ... \end{align*} > > and htlatex has a bug in that it does not generate bit mapped > images in this case, so that math looks ugly. &...

Begin/rescue/end versus do/end
These don't seem orthogonal. It feels like I should be able to do obj.meth do |x| #... rescue SomeException => ex #... end and that either begin should be something like a Kernel method: def begin yield end (although maybe with optional "do"), or blocks could be standalone expressions if not part of a method call (this doesn't _seem_ to cause ambiguity, but someone cleverer could probably find some). So I could do do #... rescue SomeException => ex #... end which behaves just like "begin", and I wouldn't have to use blocks in some places (ite...

end to end security
hi what exactly does end to end security mean?? is SSL considered as an end to end security product? Besides using SSL in web servers/browsers, in what other ways can we make use of SSL? can it be used in file transfers and how to do it?? thanks mike wrote: > > hi > what exactly does end to end security mean?? is SSL considered as an > end to end security product? End-to-end means that the communicating parties en/decrypt themselves. No party along the path is able to decrypt the messages. In this sense SSL is end-to-end. > Besides using SSL in web servers/browsers, in what other ways can we > make use of SSL? can it be used in file transfers and how to do it?? In theory any protocol that runs over sockets can also run over secure sockets. (Unless IPv4 addresses are embedded in the messages, and a NAT box along the path f***s things up.) -- Lassi I've heard of SSL protecting email but have never actually seen it in action. For something like that you would probably be better off using S/MIME or PGP encryption. SSL can also be used to secure VPN's, plus I'm sure there are a variety of other things that the protocol can be used for. As far as file transfer I guess it would depend how you are going about transferring the files... Might want to check out SSH though. As for the end-to-end question, yes- SSL would be considered end-to-end but that often only means client to webserver. You should think of any backend apps or databases that ...

end to end testing
when doing end to end testing wheather we stop the testing and contact some other testing? anand4180 wrote: > when doing end to end testing wheather we stop the testing and > contact some other testing? You never stop testing. You "analyze" (meaning "guess") how much of each kind to do, and then you release whenever the program passes all tests and has new features. And most of your tests should be automated. Again, you "analyze" to discover how many. -- Phlip http://www.greencheese.us/ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!! On Mar 17, 6:13 am, "anand4180" <anand...@gmail.com> wrote: > when doing end to end testing wheather we stop the testing and > contact some other testing? I hope I understood your question correctly and you are asking about when one end-to-end test ends and another begins. This is not a trivial question. I prefer to look at the end-to-end testing as the modeling of real user behavior. In order to build an effective end-to- end test one needs to look at the system functions in a whole. For example, if you are testing a text editor try the following sequences for end-to-end testing: 1. Create new file -> Write text -> Change some text -> Save -> Change some text -> Print -> Close the file -> Verify changes. 2. Open existing file -> change some text -> save changes -> open another existing file -> find and replace -> print -> save -> close. Usua...

Forcing text to end of document
Hi all, I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document. Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard, forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally, at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any quick help. Thanks, Gaurav Pandey PhD student, University of Minnesota In article <b9092af4-8e12-4ce7-9d8f-ba53f7c9b3d5@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, Gaurav <Pandey.Gaurav@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the > figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document. > Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard, > forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and > table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way > to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally, > at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any > quick help. You don't say what you've tried, but the following might get you going: (the lipsum package isn't necessary, but just produces some text to fill up the space.) Alan \documentclass{article} \usepackage[nofiglist, notablist]{en...

SIP and end-to-end
Common wisdom says that for a SIP-based telephony session the media stream is directly end to end. However, for both FWD and sipgate.de I figured that the media stream goes via the respective provider. I would assume the sip proxy to manipulate the Invite messages accordingly. Is this being done to better cope with NAT devices and firewalls? -- Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/ georg.schwarz@freenet.de +49 178 8545053 Hello, > Common wisdom says that for a SIP-based telephony session the media > stream is directly end to end. > However, for both FWD and sipgate.de I figured that the media stream > goes via the respective provider. I would assume the sip proxy to > manipulate the Invite messages accordingly. > Is this being done to better cope with NAT devices and firewalls? Exactly. For instance see PortaSIP User Guide, "NAT traversal" chapter for more details. http://www.portaone.com/resources/docs/PortaSIP/m-r-11/PortaSIP_User_Guide_MR11.pdf With best regards, Andriy Zhylenko -- Andrew Zhilenko Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying, so my address should be andrew (at) ti dot cz ...

xmlrpc error faultCode 105 faultString XML error: Invalid document end at line 1, column 1
Hi, I am trying to use xmlrpc to set up a client/server connection. I used PHP5 in Apache2, with xmlrpc.inc downloaded from http://phpxmlrpc.sourceforge.net/, which is created by Edd Dumbill. Client side is: <?php require_once('xmlrpc.inc'); $c = new xmlrpc_client("http://localhost:84/server.php"); $c->setDebug(1); $m = new xmlrpcmsg('fns_test', array(new xmlrpcval(20, "int"))); $r = $c->send($m); echo $r->serialize(); ?> Server side is: <?php include("xmlrpc.inc"); include("xmlrpcs.inc"); $...

Begin... END; gives odd error:
Ok, Ive researched this for what seems like forever, but I still get the same error. I first tried it without the Begin and End, and I got Oracle Error 00911 (as expected). Everywhere I looked said to add Begin before it, and End; after it, yet I get that error. Please help! Here is the command, and error text, I know the query does not entirely make sense, but it is generated that way for a reason: BEGIN ALTER TABLE "SYSTEM"."OpenBOXTest" DROP PRIMARY KEY; ALTER TABLE "OpenBOXTest" DROP COLUMN "ObxTestCol2" ; ALTER TABLE "OpenBOXTest" AD...

mathlink error handling inside :Begin:
Hi, I have a small question about the mathlink-workings (I have gone through the documentation but can't seem to find an answer). I have an external mathlink/c++ program with the following signature: :Begin: :Function: readexr :Pattern: ReadEXR[ s_String ] :Arguments: { AbsoluteFileName[s] } :ArgumentTypes: { String } :ReturnType: Manual :End: :Evaluate: ReadEXR::usage = "ReadEXR[fn] reads an OpenEXR file and return its rgba channels." I thought I was clever when I used AbsoluteFileName, but I can't seem to detect any file-not-exist err...

LaTeX accepts \begin{equation}a \\ b \end{equation}
Hello Thinking about the mathematics I was writing (but not the LaTeX) I wrote: === \begin{equation} x\circ x = y\\ y \circ y = y \end{equation} === This is bad or wrong markup, but LaTeX did not complain. Such features make LaTeX harder to learn (and use). -- Jonathan Jonathan Fine wrote: > Hello > > Thinking about the mathematics I was writing (but not the LaTeX) I wrote: > === > \begin{equation} > x\circ x = y\\ > y \circ y = y > \end{equation} > === > > This is bad or wrong markup, but LaTeX did not complain. Such features > make LaTeX harder to learn (and use). I've since found that === \begin{equation} a\\b \begin{split} \end{split} \end{equation} === is accepted, but that === \begin{equation} \begin{split} \end{split} a\\b \end{equation} === raises a ! You can't use `\eqno' in math mode. -- Jonathan ...

Re: mathlink error handling inside :Begin:
Hi, bad idea. If you are interested, you could follow the way how Mathematica registers an external MathLink function by looking inside your .cpp File which was created from your .tm file. There, your pattern and your arguments are used in the _definepattern function which makes nothing more than calling the Kernel function "DefineExternal". You can examine this function to see how Mathematica registers and calls your MathLink function. But why don't you make it easy for yourself and just wrap your ML- func? Make a small Mathematica-Module which 1. Check...

what is the meaning of "end" when using num2str(y1(end)
i have a few functions and i would like to display error as y1-y2 on the graph....it only works when i type num2str(y1(end)-y2(end)) ..but doesnt work when i type num2str(y1-y2).It says matrix dimensions dont agree. So what is this "end" mean? can i make it work without using "end"? "whatever name" <changed_now@hotmail.com> wrote in message <fes4ca$68m$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i have a few functions and i would like to display error as > y1-y2 on the graph....it only works when i type > num2str(y1(end)-y2(end)) ..but doesnt work when i typ...

Measure End to End Performance
Hallo, does anybody know a testing tool which you can measure and breakdown the latency into server and network componets. I found a white paper, who describes how you can measure this things. I also found a tool from Vitalsign called Net.Medic. But this doesn't have a export interface which I want to use to make a nice diagramm. This tool only have a GUI Interface. Anybody also want to measure this stuff? It should be only a Client installation to measure this data. I would be great if somebody could help me. Best regards Stefan Gabel. Stefan Gabel wrote: > Hallo, > > does anybody know a testing tool which you can measure and breakdown > the latency into server and network componets. I found a white paper, > who describes how you can measure this things. I also found a tool > from Vitalsign called Net.Medic. But this doesn't have a export > interface which I want to use to make a nice diagramm. This tool only > have a GUI Interface. > > Anybody also want to measure this stuff? It should be only a Client > installation to measure this data. > > I would be great if somebody could help me. > > Best regards > > > Stefan Gabel. Hello Stefan, maybe you can take a look at ARM (Application Response Measurement). It is a standard defined by the OpenGroup (http://www.opengroup.org/tech/management/arm/). Our implementation is fully ARM 4.0 compliant and we support also export filters using command line too...

The beginning of the end
Greetings, Why is Microsoft so hysterical about Linux? http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/11/10/1919237&mode=thread&tid=17&tid=85 "SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 10, 2003 MontaVista Software, Inc., the company powering the embedded revolution today announced that MontaVista� Linux� Professional Edition is the chosen operating system (OS) for Sharp Corporations (TS:6753) HG-01S (also known as Galileo), a home digital information server. The HG-01S is the core product in Sharps vision of a connected ubiquitous home network, and can be connected to devices such as...

end to end and regression testing.
What is the difference between end to end and regression testing ? Can we call regression testing as a part of end to end testing ? Let me put my question with an example: We have a release planned with 3 new features. 1st feature is implemented and we have tested it, by the time or some time later we finish testing feature 1, we get feature 2 for testing. We test feature 2 along with regression on feature one. Again, by the time or some time later we finish testing feature 2, we get feature 3 for testing. We test feature 3 along with regression on feature 1 and 2. Once the third feature is tested along with feature 1and 2, we do end to end testing to test the whole application. What do we check in end to end testing : -- Test to pass or (as we have already tested all the features for the test to fail condition). --Test to pass and Test to fail both ? Thanks, Roark. On Mar 28, 12:31 pm, "Roark" <suha...@gmail.com> wrote: > What is the difference between end to end and regression testing ? > Can we call regression testing as a part of end to end testing ? > Let me put my question with an example: > > We have a release planned with 3 new features. > 1st feature is implemented and we have tested it, by the time or some > time later we finish testing feature 1, we get feature 2 for testing. > We test feature 2 along with regression on feature one. > Again, by the time or some time later we finish testing feature 2, we > get featu...

Line-ends in Meta{font/post) error help text.
Metafont wizards: I have written some Metapost/font macros that include errhelp strings. Unfortunately, when these are displayed on screen (after a user types "h" in response to an error message), the lines often break in the middle of a word. I would therefore like to include EOL's in these strings. Neither char(13) nor char(10) work here (fptex) by default, they just appear as "^^M" and "^^J" on screen. I was wondering if there is a method like \newlinechar in TeX. I would rather not fill lines with spaces. (Regular messages are no problem: I can jus...

The party begins after partx begins and ends.
True ...

The beginning of the end
Lenovo is now [mis]handling the older adapters. Be afraid, very afraid. Scanners on maximum suck. Lenovo has no files or further information. Leave it to the Reds to erase the past. Mortification of the mind! Louis Ohland wrote: > Lenovo is now [mis]handling the older adapters. Be afraid, very afraid. > > Scanners on maximum suck. ...

Back -end Front-end
I just read these terms a few posts ago and have come across them in a database I inherited recently. Could someone please explain what this/these mean(s)? Brian Keanie wrote: > I just read these terms a few posts ago and have come across them in a > database I inherited recently. Could someone please explain what > this/these mean(s)? In the context of an Access app the front end is the application file that contains forms, reports, queries, code. The back end contains the data. In some cases the back end is another Access/Jet file and in others it is a server database like ...

Aesthetics of while ... do ... end versus while ...: ... end

pasting files end to end
I've got a series of data files organized in a directory structure by month and day, like this: may06/1, may06/2 ... june06/1, june06/2 ... oct06/16, oct06/17 Each file consists of anywhere from 500 to 5,000 records. Each record is 87 fields long. Fields may contain an arbitrary length of text, but the vast majority are either empty or consists of short strings, like name, address, email, phone, etc. Individual records can be as long as 5,000 characters. (These are registration records, kept as CSV files, but we are getting overwhelmed.) I need to stick all the files together end to end ...

Measure delay end-to-end
How can I measure the delay end-to-end over a WAN link? Thanks to all! Dave A quick and dirty way is to use ping. There are also some free tools out there to collect data for a period of time and give you an average delay. ...

Web resources about - LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. - comp.text.tex

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

Islamic State document leak: Australian computer engineer identified on list of volunteer suicide bombers ...
An Australian would-be suicide bomber is among tens of thousands of Islamic State jihadists whose details have been leaked by a disgruntled former ...

Google commissions award-winning filmmakers to document the private race to the Moon [Video]
If you’ve ever been bored and felt like putting together some kind of tech project, Google suggested one back in 2007 – and there’s still time ...

Discuss the Office documents you share Skype comes to OneDrive
... and now there is another instance of the technology being leveraged. Skype is now being rolled into Office Online so when you share a document ...

Microsoft, Amazon file legal document in support of Apple's FBI fight
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) are among technology industry powerhouses that this week filed a legal document in support ...

Yahoo is ready to talk about a deal and is asking potential buyers to sign confidentiality documents
For months, a few big companies and financial firms have expressed interest in acquiring Yahoo, while the internet company has tried its best ...

3 amendments that resulted in bank rally - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
More than the Budget announcement, it took an action from the central bank to revive the markets. Equity markets ended on a negative note on ...

Documents appear to reveal info on dozens of ISIS recruits
Germans confirm big intel haul, as opposition group publishes 144 apparent ISIS application forms many including from "martyrdom" seekers

ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details
CNN International ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details CNN International Syrian pro-government forces gather ...

Michigan governor releases more Flint emails, documents
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday released another 4,400 pages of his executive office's emails and documents related ...