LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}.

Newbie question here. I've written a report and when I compile it I get
LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}.
Nevertheless, the output seems to be okay. Am I making a mistake here?

Thanks!

"Steven Endres" <stevenendres@comcast.net> writes:

> Newbie question here. I've written a report and when I compile it I get
> LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}.
> Nevertheless, the output seems to be okay. Am I making a mistake here?

Odd... I never knew about any "section" environment.
What's this?
You do not want to start a section (chapter, section, subsection, ...)
this way, do you?
Where have you leanrt about this "\begin{section}" from?
Would you send out an example of your latex document?

*Guldo*
0
guldoKORE (6)
12/8/2003 12:29:46 AM
I found the problem. I was using
\begin{chapter}{Chapter_name}   and
\begin{section}(Section_name}

instead of
\chapter{Chapter_name}   and
\section{Section_name}

But surprisingly everything worked-table of contents, etc. was all fine
except for the error message.

Thanks!
"Steven Endres" <stevenendres@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Newbie question here. I've written a report and when I compile it I get
> LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}.
> Nevertheless, the output seems to be okay. Am I making a mistake here?
>
> Thanks!

Steven Endres <stevenendres@comcast.net> wrote:

> I found the problem. I was using
> \begin{chapter}{Chapter_name}   and
> \begin{section}(Section_name}
>
> instead of
> \chapter{Chapter_name}   and
> \section{Section_name}
>
> But surprisingly everything worked-table of contents, etc. was all fine
> except for the error message.

Whenever you give a command \begin{environment}, LaTeX executes a command
\environment, and remembers the current environment. Similarly,
\end{environment} causes \endenvironment to be executed. You did not face
any problem with the ToC, because \begin{section} called \section. But
LaTeX remembered that you were in section environment, but cried foul when
it saw \end{document}.

Manoj.

--
Manoj Kummini
Graduate Student, Dept. of Mathematics, The Univ. of Kansas,
"Steven Endres" <stevenendres@comcast.net> writes:

> I found the problem. I was using
> \begin{chapter}{Chapter_name}   and
> \begin{section}(Section_name}
>
> instead of
> \chapter{Chapter_name}   and
> \section{Section_name}
>
> But surprisingly everything worked-table of contents, etc. was all fine
> except for the error message.

Actually, \begin{chapter} etc is fine, since any command can be used
as the name of an environment (\begin{small} for \small etc.) though
it is more useful for some commands than others.

> > LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}.

You must have had more \begin{...} than matching \end{...}.  In
the case of the \section command used as an environment, the
\end{section} doesn't do anything important: it only ends the
local scope of the environment, and makes a check of nesting.
It seems you had the nesting wrong, but there would be no other
ill effects.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)
12/8/2003 3:56:20 AM
Donald Arseneau wrote:

> Actually, \begin{chapter} etc is fine, since any command can be used
> as the name of an environment (\begin{small} for \small etc.) though
> it is more useful for some commands than others.

IMO only declarative commands should be used as an environment. \chapter
does some things global (e.g. increasing chapter counter) and others local.
Commands like that shouldn't be used as an environment because the scope of
some parts of the begin of the environment ends at the end of the
environment others doesn't.

\documentclass{book}

\begin{document}
\chapter{First Chapter}\label{first}

Funny things may happen.
\clearpage

One more page.

\begin{chapter}{Second Chapter}\label{second}
If you are using environments.

\clearpage

One more page.

\end{chapter}

\label{here}%
Hello this is chapter \thechapter. Or is it \ref{here}?

\clearpage

One more page.

\clearpage

Oh, see at the headline, which chapter \ref{here} is.
\end{document}

Equal problems using \begin{appendix}...\end{appendix} instead of \appendix.
Together with \include this produce funny results.

Another problem:

\documentclass{book}
\begin{document}
\begin{chapter}{See indent}\end{chapter}%
Oh, what happend!
\end{document}

Markus
--
For informations about KOMA-Script (scrbook, scrreprt, scrartcl, scrlttr2,
scrpage2 ...) see the KOMA-Script manual, scrguien (English) or scrguide
"Steven Endres" <stevenendres@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Newbie question here. I've written a report and when I compile it I get
> LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}.
> Nevertheless, the output seems to be okay. Am I making a mistake here?

    Yes.

    The command is \section{Title}, not \begin{section}. I must try your
\begin{section} at some time to see just what it produces. It does surprise
me that you find the output acceptable.

Peter W.
--
The English FAQ is at: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
Examples of all symbols:

"Steven Endres" <stevenendres@comcast.net> writes:

> I found the problem. I was using
> \begin{chapter}{Chapter_name}   and
> \begin{section}(Section_name}
>
> instead of
> \chapter{Chapter_name}   and
> \section{Section_name}
>
> But surprisingly everything worked-table of contents, etc. was all fine
> except for the error message.

With TeX engines without ample memory size, you could have exceeded
TeX's capacities at one point of time.

UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
0
dak (3569)

joke: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}.
\documentclass{article} \begin{document} \def\else{Ha! Ha!} \end{document} Hello! When running the example above, I get the following message: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. Well. OK. Why is this an error? Regards Ulrich "Ulrich Diez" <ulrich.diez@alumni.uni-tuebingen.de> writes: > \documentclass{article} > \begin{document} > \def\else{Ha! Ha!} > \end{document} > > Hello! > > When running the example above, I get the following message: > > LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? Because you broke LaTeX. Use \newcommand\else{Oops} and find out. Hell, you get bogus "Extra }" errors from fragile commands in moving arguments, without even breaking LaTeX itself. Some other attractive command names are \box, \output, \above, \count, \day, \if, \mark, \number, \over, \read, ... all of which are fundamental TeX commands, used internally. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> writes: > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? > Because you broke LaTeX. OK, I did understand the posting to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (or "cheeky") but I didn't notice the "subject" or realize it was a straight-out joke. Sorry to be a rube. In my defence, I've been typing "less secure" in ernest today. -- Donald Arseneau ...

LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}.
Dear all, I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? Best Regards, Zulfikar Dharmawan "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharmawan@gmail.com> writes: >I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: > LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. > >The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? there's an isolated \end{indented} in your document (one not matched by \begin{indented}, that is). text after the \end{indented} will have been lost, which seems to contradict your "output ok" assertion... not knowing what editor you use in development, it's hard to suggest techniques; something as simple as searching for "{indented}" might be good enough. backward search from the line number given in the error message would be a start. -- Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharmawan@gmail.com> wrote: > I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: > LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. > > The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? The hint is the error message text. Your environments are not nested properly. (\begin{indented} is missing.) Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> On Mar 26, 2:58 am, "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharma...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear a...

The beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning?
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4747497 The beginning of the end, almost certainly. The cases will drag on into 2008 irrespective, but I'd be very surprised if SCO itself doesn't gone into administration during 2007. They must be almost out of cash by now, and all their assets are probably owed to Novell anyway. We should know more about the cash situation in a couple of weeks. On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, jezlinux wrote: > The beginning of the end, almost certainly. The cases will drag on > into 2008 irrespective, but I'd be very surprised if SCO itself doesn't > gone int...

\begin{section} \end{section}
This might be a silly question, but I was wondering when LaTeX was originally written, why the sectioning commands are not defined as usual environments. Thinking in the line of XHTML, it would have been easier to parse LaTeX markup to other markup languages, had it been written in a more consistent way. Is there a technical reason on doing this, or it was just saving on the amount of typing one has to do. Even ConTeXt, which seems to be more consistent in defining the environments, avoids defining a \startchapter \stopchapter. Best, Hooman Hooman schrieb: > This might be a silly question, but I was wondering when LaTeX was > originally written, why the sectioning commands are not defined as > usual environments. Thinking in the line of XHTML, it would have been > easier to parse LaTeX markup to other markup languages, had it been > written in a more consistent way. Is there a technical reason on doing > this, or it was just saving on the amount of typing one has to do. LaTeX doesn't really distinguish between commands and environments, so the code in the subject is in fact valid LaTeX: \documentclass{article} \begin{document} \begin{section}{section heading} contents of the section \end{section} \end{document} The main difference between this and the "usual" way is that environments form groups, so assignments would be restored at the end of the environment. Thus the global values have to be placed on the save stack, which tak...

xmlrpc error faultCode 105 faultString XML error: Invalid document end at line 1, column 1
Hi, I am trying to use xmlrpc to set up a client/server connection. I used PHP5 in Apache2, with xmlrpc.inc downloaded from http://phpxmlrpc.sourceforge.net/, which is created by Edd Dumbill. Client side is: <?php require_once('xmlrpc.inc'); $c = new xmlrpc_client("http://localhost:84/server.php"); $c->setDebug(1); $m = new xmlrpcmsg('fns_test', array(new xmlrpcval(20, "int"))); $r = $c->send($m); echo $r->serialize(); ?> Server side is: <?php include("xmlrpc.inc"); include("xmlrpcs.inc"); $...

\verb ended by end of line.
Bonjour, J'aimerais d=E9finir une nouvelle commande prenant en param=E8tre un argument qui sera une fois affich=E9 sans interpr=E9tation de latex (en verbatim) et une nouvelle foit affich=E9 normalement (c'est =E0 dire interpr=E9t=E9 normalement par latex). J'ai donc d=E9finit cette nouvelle commande de cette mani=E8re: \documentclass{article} \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} % codage des caract=E8res et coupures cyrilliques \usepackage{verbatim} \usepackage{listings} \usepackage{alltt} \newcommand\nomDeMaCommande[1]{\verb|#1| #1} \begin{document} \nomDeMaCommande{\emph{toto} titi @ ` $x^2_c\sum$} \end{document} Le probl=E8me c'est que latex semble avoir du mal avec cette commande et me renvoie le message: \verb ended by end of line. J'ai donc essay=E9 de cette mani=E8re \newcommand\nomDeMaCommande[1]{\begin{verbatim}#1\end{verbatim} #1} Le probl=E8me c'est que latex semble avoir du mal aussi avec cette commande et me renvoie le message: Runaway argument? ! Paragraph ended before \next was complete. Pouvez-vous me dire pourquoi cela ne marche pas ? et comment solutionner mon probl=E8me (sachant que je souhaiterais ne pas g=E9n=E9rer de fichier temporaire du style \immediate\openout\exemple\jobname.ex \immediate\write\exemple \immediate\closeout\exemple) ? Cordialement, JP PS: Alors que si je voudrais d=E9finir une nouvelle commande prenant en param=E8tre un argument qui sera une fois affich=E9 en gras (\textbf) et une nouvelle foit affic...

Line-ends in Meta{font/post) error help text.
Metafont wizards: I have written some Metapost/font macros that include errhelp strings. Unfortunately, when these are displayed on screen (after a user types "h" in response to an error message), the lines often break in the middle of a word. I would therefore like to include EOL's in these strings. Neither char(13) nor char(10) work here (fptex) by default, they just appear as "^^M" and "^^J" on screen. I was wondering if there is a method like \newlinechar in TeX. I would rather not fill lines with spaces. (Regular messages are no problem: I can just use message() on each line separately.) Dan -- Dan Luecking Department of Mathematical Sciences University of Arkansas Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701 To reply by email, change Look-In-Sig to luecking Dan Luecking <Look-In-Sig@uark.edu> wrote: > >I have written some Metapost/font macros that include >errhelp strings. Unfortunately, when these are displayed on screen >(after a user types "h" in response to an error message), >the lines often break in the middle of a word. I would therefore like >to include EOL's in these strings. Neither char(13) nor char(10) work >here (fptex) by default, they just appear as "^^M" and "^^J" on screen. > >I was wondering if there is a method like \newlinechar in TeX. >I would rather not fill lines with spaces. No clue, but here this code string...

how to redefine \begin{align*} ... \end{align*} to \begin{eqnarray*} .... \end{eqnarray*}
Hello; I am not good with Latex syntax. I think I need to use \renewenvironment, but I am not getting the syntax right. Scientific word insists in generating displayed math using \begin{align*} ... \end{align*} and htlatex has a bug in that it does not generate bit mapped images in this case, so that math looks ugly. The fix that I found after trial and error is to replace the above with \begin{eqnarray*} .... \end{eqnarray*} So I assume I need to put something in the preamble to tell it that. (I know how to make sure this is effective only only htlatex is running and not pdflatex). So I just need to know what the syntax is supposed to be (I need to learn Latex programming more). (ps. I first found this bug in Nov 2009, and to this day, it is still not fixed, 3 years later. http://12000.org/my_notes/on_tex4ht_displayed_math/note.htm thank you, --Nasser FYI; Please no need to look into this issue. I have posted this question on another forum and will follow it up there. thank you, --Nasser On 2/10/2013 8:43 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote: > Hello; > > I am not good with Latex syntax. I think I need to use > \renewenvironment, but I am not getting the syntax right. > > Scientific word insists in generating displayed math using > > \begin{align*} ... \end{align*} > > and htlatex has a bug in that it does not generate bit mapped > images in this case, so that math looks ugly. &...

Begin/rescue/end versus do/end
These don't seem orthogonal. It feels like I should be able to do obj.meth do |x| #... rescue SomeException => ex #... end and that either begin should be something like a Kernel method: def begin yield end (although maybe with optional "do"), or blocks could be standalone expressions if not part of a method call (this doesn't _seem_ to cause ambiguity, but someone cleverer could probably find some). So I could do do #... rescue SomeException => ex #... end which behaves just like "begin", and I wouldn't have to use blocks in some places (ite...

no starredversion of \begin{section}{minimal example} \end{section}?
\documentclass{article} \begin{document} \tableofcontents \section{No-closing section} In nova fert animus \begin{section} [environment-style section for the toc] {environment-style section} \begin{par} test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test \end{par} \begin{par} test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test \end{par} \end{section} % \begin{section*} % {starred environment-style section} % Too bad this doesn't work\textellipsis % \end{section*} \end{document} \endinput Is it correct that there is no starred version of environment-form of chapters/sections/...? (They are handy in a code-folding context.) Is it possible/easy to define them? (...In a portable way, so that packages messing with sectioning and headings don't get confused.) Erik Erik Quaeghebeur schrieb: .... > > Is it correct that there is no starred version of environment-form of > chapters/sections/...? (They are handy in a code-folding context.) Why do you think it exists any environment-form? Your speculation is wrong. ....Rolf Erik Quaeghebeur wrote: > Is it correct that there is no starred version of environment-form of > chapters/sections/...? (They are handy in a code-folding context.) > > Is it possible/easy to define them? (...In a portable way, so that > packages messing with sectioning and headings don't get confused.) R...

Text after \end{document}
Greetings. I have noticed that the implementation of LaTeX I use seems to ignore text after \end{document}. Is this behaviour standard? That is, can I count on it to be present in all conforming implementations of LaTeX? Am I free to use the part of the file after \end{document} for annotations, PGP signatures, and whatnot? Regards, Tristan -- _ _V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] >< Space is limited / |`-' -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= <> In a haiku, so it's hard (7_\\ http://www.nothingisreal.com/ >< To finish what you Tristan Miller <psychonaut@nothingisreal.com> writes: > Greetings. > > I have noticed that the implementation of LaTeX I use seems to ignore text > after \end{document}. Is this behaviour standard? That is, can I count > on it to be present in all conforming implementations of LaTeX? Am I free > to use the part of the file after \end{document} for annotations, PGP > signatures, and whatnot? Yes. In fact, the LaTeX kernel itself uses that to store information on how to typeset itself. HTH Ulrich --=20 =E2=88=80x=E2=88=88=E2=84=95 or \forall x\in \mathbb{N}? http://talcum.sarovar.org/ (Current release: 0.5.0 20050306) Tristan Miller wrote: > Greetings. > > I have noticed that the implementation of LaTeX I use seems to ignore text > after \end{document}. Is this behaviour standard? That is, can I count > on it to be present in all conforming implementatio...

Sources not ending with a end-of-line character sequence
The standard says (5.1.1.2) 1. Physical source file multibyte characters are mapped, in an implementation-defined manner, to the source character set (introducing new-line characters for end-of-line indicators) if necessary. [...] 2. [...] A source file that is not empty shall end in a new-line character, which shall not be immediately preceded by a backslash character before any such splicing takes place. Does the "new-line" in 2. refer to the character sequence, as produced by the translation ph...

I will like to know how to add a word to the beginning of a line and the end of this same line.
Hi, I will like to know how to add a word to the beginning of a line and the end of this same line. I have a file comprising a list of name of 200 tables ORACLE. table_1 table_2 table_3 table_4 table_200 I will like automatically to insert into the beginning of each line the word " drop ". I want to also insert at the end of each line a point comma (;). drop table_1; drop table_2; drop table_3; drop table_4; drop..........; drop table_200; Thank you by advance to help me to solve my problem. I have machines SUN and HP GUYTOU Guytou wrote: > Hi, &...

Xilinx ISE synthesis error (error:3524 Unexpected end of line.)
Hello, when trying to synthesize a VHDL file (part of a design) that has already been compiled and simulated by Modelsim, ISE gives the following error: " ERROR:HDLParsers:3524 - "G:/des1/chsam_struct.vhd" Line 132. Unexpected end of line. " It refers to the last line of the following code, any idea what this is..? It is a rather simple code I can't understand what is the problem : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LIBRARY ieee; USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all; USE ieee.std_logic_arith.all; ENTITY DgChSamplRep...

Not to end the first line of a para, and not to begin last line of a para in a page
I wish to automate the following: 1) The first line of a paragraph should not end in a page. 2) The last line of a paragraph should not begin in a page. Much appreciated for any suggestion. Thanks. -arasu On 2003-09-20, 23:51 GMT, arasu wrote: > 1) The first line of a paragraph should not end in a page. > > 2) The last line of a paragraph should not begin in a page. > > Much appreciated for any suggestion. Thanks. Edit the text. That's the best suggestion. Matej -- Matej Cepl, GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB 25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC 138 Highland Ave. #10, Somerville, Ma 02143, (617) 623-1488 On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:51:43 +1000, arasu <arasuk@yahoo.com> wrote: > I wish to automate the following: > > 1) The first line of a paragraph should not end in a page. > > 2) The last line of a paragraph should not begin in a page. > > Much appreciated for any suggestion. Thanks. > Most likely TeX is already trying to avoid those in your documents. Look up \clubpenalty and \widowpenalty in _TeX for the Impatient_ available at your favorite CTAN mirror. (e.g., http://www.ctan.org/tex- archive/info/impatient/) -- Morten H�gholm I haven't got a smelly address. arasu schrieb: > I wish to automate the following: > > 1) The first line of a paragraph should not end in a page. > > 2) The last line of a paragraph should not begin in a page. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=widows Herber...

Adding to the beginning and the ending of a line
I want to do something very simple. For each line of the input file, I wish to output a string, the line and another string. My code looks like this: awk "BEGIN {a=\"write('\"; b=\"')\"}; {print a, $1, b}" other.icn The system is returning the following error: awk: BEGIN {a="write('"; b="')"}; {print a, , b} awk: ^ syntax error Now the funny thing is that it almost works with this code: awk "BEGIN {a=\"write('\"; b=\"')\"}; {print a, $0, b}" othe...

SIP and end-to-end
Common wisdom says that for a SIP-based telephony session the media stream is directly end to end. However, for both FWD and sipgate.de I figured that the media stream goes via the respective provider. I would assume the sip proxy to manipulate the Invite messages accordingly. Is this being done to better cope with NAT devices and firewalls? -- Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/ georg.schwarz@freenet.de +49 178 8545053 Hello, > Common wisdom says that for a SIP-based telephony session the media > stream is directly end to end. > However, for both FWD and sipgate.de I figured that the media stream > goes via the respective provider. I would assume the sip proxy to > manipulate the Invite messages accordingly. > Is this being done to better cope with NAT devices and firewalls? Exactly. For instance see PortaSIP User Guide, "NAT traversal" chapter for more details. http://www.portaone.com/resources/docs/PortaSIP/m-r-11/PortaSIP_User_Guide_MR11.pdf With best regards, Andriy Zhylenko -- Andrew Zhilenko Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying, so my address should be andrew (at) ti dot cz ...

end to end security
hi what exactly does end to end security mean?? is SSL considered as an end to end security product? Besides using SSL in web servers/browsers, in what other ways can we make use of SSL? can it be used in file transfers and how to do it?? thanks mike wrote: > > hi > what exactly does end to end security mean?? is SSL considered as an > end to end security product? End-to-end means that the communicating parties en/decrypt themselves. No party along the path is able to decrypt the messages. In this sense SSL is end-to-end. > Besides using SSL in web servers/browsers, in what other ways can we > make use of SSL? can it be used in file transfers and how to do it?? In theory any protocol that runs over sockets can also run over secure sockets. (Unless IPv4 addresses are embedded in the messages, and a NAT box along the path f***s things up.) -- Lassi I've heard of SSL protecting email but have never actually seen it in action. For something like that you would probably be better off using S/MIME or PGP encryption. SSL can also be used to secure VPN's, plus I'm sure there are a variety of other things that the protocol can be used for. As far as file transfer I guess it would depend how you are going about transferring the files... Might want to check out SSH though. As for the end-to-end question, yes- SSL would be considered end-to-end but that often only means client to webserver. You should think of any backend apps or databases that ...

end-of-line hyphenation in LaTeX
OK, I'm gambling that there's a decent generic answer to this question - I'm typesetting some dialog that includes a lot of verbal interruption, which is represented by an em-dash '---'. It seems that (sometimes) when the em-dash comes at the end of a line, LaTeX will add an extra end-of-line or character-return, such that: 'text text text--- more text more text' will be typeset as: 'text text text--- more text more text' Is there a solution to this other than adding a manual line-break '\\' before each terminal 'text---'? If this would be clearer with a minimal example, I will cook one. Thanks much! In article <pan.2006.12.22.04.31.49.495753@hotmail.com>, OP wrote: > OK, I'm gambling that there's a decent generic answer to this question - > I'm typesetting some dialog that includes a lot of verbal interruption, > which is represented by an em-dash '---'. It seems that (sometimes) when > the em-dash comes at the end of a line, LaTeX will add an extra > end-of-line or character-return, such that: > > 'text text text--- > more text more text' > > will be typeset as: > > 'text text text--- > > more text more text' > > Is there a solution to this other than adding a manual line-break > '\\' before each terminal 'text---'? If this would be clearer with a > minimal example, I will cook one. minimal example...

Forcing text to end of document
Hi all, I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document. Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard, forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally, at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any quick help. Thanks, Gaurav Pandey PhD student, University of Minnesota In article <b9092af4-8e12-4ce7-9d8f-ba53f7c9b3d5@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, Gaurav <Pandey.Gaurav@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the > figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document. > Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard, > forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and > table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way > to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally, > at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any > quick help. You don't say what you've tried, but the following might get you going: (the lipsum package isn't necessary, but just produces some text to fill up the space.) Alan \documentclass{article} \usepackage[nofiglist, notablist]{en...

Removing text from end of line

end to end testing
when doing end to end testing wheather we stop the testing and contact some other testing? anand4180 wrote: > when doing end to end testing wheather we stop the testing and > contact some other testing? You never stop testing. You "analyze" (meaning "guess") how much of each kind to do, and then you release whenever the program passes all tests and has new features. And most of your tests should be automated. Again, you "analyze" to discover how many. -- Phlip http://www.greencheese.us/ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!! On Mar 17, 6:13 am, "anand4180" <anand...@gmail.com> wrote: > when doing end to end testing wheather we stop the testing and > contact some other testing? I hope I understood your question correctly and you are asking about when one end-to-end test ends and another begins. This is not a trivial question. I prefer to look at the end-to-end testing as the modeling of real user behavior. In order to build an effective end-to- end test one needs to look at the system functions in a whole. For example, if you are testing a text editor try the following sequences for end-to-end testing: 1. Create new file -> Write text -> Change some text -> Save -> Change some text -> Print -> Close the file -> Verify changes. 2. Open existing file -> change some text -> save changes -> open another existing file -> find and replace -> print -> save -> close. Usua...

make: Fatal error in reader: .make.stake, line 1233: unexpected end of line seen
Hi When trying to compile a set of files the following error is displayed : make: Fatal error in reader: .make.stake, line 1233: unexpected end of line seen How do i resolve this Thanks CT make: Fatal error in reader: .make.stake, line 1233: unexpected end of line seen In article <d8jujf$fq5$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com>, "Tej" <tejesh.chintamani@in.bosch.com> writes: > Hi > When trying to compile a set of files the following error is displayed : > > make: Fatal error in reader: .make.stake, line 1233: unexpected end of line > seen > > How do...

align two texts vertically, line/section-by-line/section
I frequently find myself comparing logfiles of connected systems. While I can use FileMerge (opendiff) to compare the files, what I am missing is a feature that allows me to display the files side-by-side, and then judiciously insert lines into either file to align related lines (so that whitespace appears in one file where unrelates/missing lines are in the other), and then to save the resulting as one aligned textfile with output similar to sdiff or so.. Win Merge does this nicely. I found some tools that partly do what I want: - Meld (seems to hang most of the time, could not...

Web resources about - LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}. - comp.text.tex

United States Interests Section in Havana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Interests Section of the Embassy of Switzerland in Havana, Cuba or USINT Havana (the State Department telegraphic address) ...

3-alarm fire burns through apartment building in Unionport section of the Bronx
A third alarm fire is burning through an apartment building in the Unionport section of the Bronx.

Facebook Adding Sports Section to Flagship App’s Menu?
... that surfaced late last year to its flagship application ’s menu bar. Some iOS users (including this writer) are seeing a new sports section ...

The Google Store now has a dedicated VR section
... adoption of virtual reality for a few years now, so it's no surprise to see the company has finally created a dedicated virtual reality section ...

Opera 35 improves download manager, adds new customisation section
... first, a button for muting audio on specific tabs, followed by a refreshed downloads interface. There’s also the addition of a Basic section ...

Obama Targets Drug Costs in Health Section of Final Budget
President Barack Obama proposed $375 billion in spending cuts to U.S. health programs in his fiscal 2017 budget, including deep reductions to ...

The "In Praise of Alexander Hamilton" Section from Our "Concrete Economics". In Fortune Online
"The lesson is that ideologies—no matter what they are—are bad masters. Hamilton’s genius was in focusing on not what was decreed according to ...

section of Sedgewick Ave in the South Bronx to be co-named Hip Hop Boulevard
To honor DJ Kool Herc and the Bronx's contributions to hip hop in general, a section of Sedgewick Avenue in the South Bronx will be co-named ...

​Flying while fat? Airlines may soon have a new section
Heavier passengers may end up seated on a bench to fit their girth, but pricing is unclear

Chicago Symphony Orchestra Names Matous & Simon Michal to 2nd Violin Section
... stopped him from announcing that Czech brothers, Matous and Simon Michal, have been named as the newest members of the second violin section. ...