LaTeX Error: ... Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual

I've lost about 75 minutes because of a poor error message.
(Of course, that's my opinion of the message.)

Here's what happened.

I'm dealing with some legacy style files.
Containing duplicate definitions.

So I'm trying to remove errors.

Here's an example:
==
*\def\wibble{} % buried in a legacy style file

*\newenvironment{wibble}{}{} % in my style file

! LaTeX Error: Command \wibble already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.
==

Here's the fix:
==
*\def\wibble{} % buried in a legacy style file

*\let\wibble\undefined % added to my style file

*\newenvironment{wibble}{}{} % in my style file
==

This works fine, some of the time.  But then I had:
==
*\not@telling@you@whats@buried@here

*\let\wibble\undefined % in my style file

*\newenvironment{wibble}{}{} % this used to work

! LaTeX Error: Command \wibble already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

==

I get the error as if the \let was not there.

So what's going on?  It took me 75 minutes to find out.

You can find out in 10 seconds.  Scroll down to see.

But please spend a minute figuring out what might be wrong.
Recall, the message is:
==
! LaTeX Error: Command \wibble already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.
==

\def\endwibble{}

BWT, I've been caught by this error message before:
*\let\wibble\relax

*\newenvironment{wibble}{}{}

* % no error, no warning, nothing.  It's fine.

See:
<http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.text.tex/msg/53723234b56bfda3?hl=en>

--
Jonathan

0
J.Fine (440)

"Jonathan Fine" <J.Fine@open.ac.uk>  schrieb:

> I've lost about 75 minutes because of a poor error message.
> (Of course, that's my opinion of the message.)

[snip]

> This works fine, some of the time.  But then I had:
> ==
> *\not@telling@you@whats@buried@here
>
> *\let\wibble\undefined % in my style file
>
> *\newenvironment{wibble}{}{} % this used to work
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Command \wibble already defined.
>                Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.
>
> ==
>
> I get the error as if the \let was not there.
>
> So what's going on?  It took me 75 minutes to find out.
>
> You can find out in 10 seconds.  Scroll down to see.

Where is the problem? The error message has an "or". So if it isn't the
first (\wibble already defined) it is the second: You shouldn't define
commands starting with \end (see the manual p. 192). If you are
bypassing LaTeX by using \def, you should know what you are doing and
not wonder, when errors arised a bit later than when using
\newcommand\end....

--
Ulrike Fischer
e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen.
Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> "Jonathan Fine" <J.Fine@open.ac.uk>  schrieb:
>

>>I've lost about 75 minutes because of a poor error message.
>>(Of course, that's my opinion of the message.)
>>

> [snip]
>

>>This works fine, some of the time.  But then I had:
>>==
>>*\not@telling@you@whats@buried@here
>>
>>*\let\wibble\undefined % in my style file
>>
>>*\newenvironment{wibble}{}{} % this used to work
>>
>>! LaTeX Error: Command \wibble already defined.
>>               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.
>>
>>==
>>
>>I get the error as if the \let was not there.
>>
>>So what's going on?  It took me 75 minutes to find out.
>>
>>You can find out in 10 seconds.  Scroll down to see.
>

> Where is the problem? The error message has an "or". So if it isn't the
> first (\wibble already defined) it is the second:

This is assuming what you wish to conclude.
Namely that the error message is sound.

There are two possible types of error:
a)  some command is already defined
b)  an illegal name has been passed as a parameter

The error is of type (A).  But with the wrong name.

> You shouldn't define
> commands starting with \end (see the manual p. 192). If you are
> bypassing LaTeX by using \def, you should know what you are doing and
> not wonder, when errors arised a bit later than when using
> \newcommand\end....

I'm going to ignore this, and see if we can't improve the situation.

(However, please recall that I am dealing with legacy macro code.
Which I did not write.)

Let's make a list of error conditions and matching error messages.

I won't cover \newcommand, just \newenvironment.

Each example starts from scratch.

\def\wibble{} \newenvironment{wibble}{}{}
! Command \wibble already defined

\newenvironment{endwibble}{}{}
! Environment name 'endwibble' illegal - starts with 'end'

\def\endwibble{} \newenvironment{wibble}{}{}
! Command \endwibble already defined

There we are.  This is, I hope you agree, better.

--
Jonathan

0
jfine (686)
5/6/2005 5:48:35 PM
Jonathan Fine wrote:

<snip>

> Let's make a list of error conditions and matching error messages.
>
> I won't cover \newcommand, just \newenvironment.
>
> Each example starts from scratch.
>
> \def\wibble{} \newenvironment{wibble}{}{}
> ! Command \wibble already defined
>
> \newenvironment{endwibble}{}{}
> ! Environment name 'endwibble' illegal - starts with 'end'
>
> \def\endwibble{} \newenvironment{wibble}{}{}
> ! Command \endwibble already defined
>

> There we are.  This is, I hope you agree, better.

Here's the relevant part of
==
\tracingall
\def\endwibble{}
\newenvironment{wibble}{}{}
==

==
\@newenv #1#2#3#4->\@ifundefined {#1}{\expandafter \let \csname
#1\expandafter
\endcsname \csname end#1\endcsname }\relax \expandafter \new@command
\csname #1
\endcsname #2{#3}\l@ngrel@x \expandafter \def \csname end#1\endcsname {#4}
#1<-wibble
#2<-[0]
#3<-
#4<-
==

I'll explain what happens, quietly replacing
   \csname wibble\endcsname
by
   \wibble
and the same for \endwibble.

And I'll ignore the \relax side-effect of \csname.

1.  Is \wibble defined?  No.
2.  Make an assignment
     \let\wibble\endwibble
3.  \new@command\wibble ( ... }
4.  \l@ngrel@x (which has been \let equal to \long)
5.  \def\endwibble{ ... }

It should now be clear that step 3 is giving the error.
But only because of step 2.

And that step 5 will never give the error.

I don't see why the \l@ngrel@x?
Perhaps I'll look at the source.

I suggest that the following would be an improved algorithm.

1.  Is \wibble defined?  No.
2.  \new@command\wibble{ ... }
3.  \new@command\endwibble{ ... }

This algorithm would give an improved error message.
More along the lines of the above.

Problem solved (in my opinion).

--
Jonathan

0
jfine (686)
5/6/2005 6:14:06 PM
Jonathan Fine <jfine@pytex.org> wrote:

> I'm going to ignore this, and see if we can't improve the situation.

> Let's make a list of error conditions and matching error messages.
>
> I won't cover \newcommand, just \newenvironment.
>
> Each example starts from scratch.
>
> \def\wibble{} \newenvironment{wibble}{}{}
> ! Command \wibble already defined
>
> \newenvironment{endwibble}{}{}
> ! Environment name 'endwibble' illegal - starts with 'end'
>
> \def\endwibble{} \newenvironment{wibble}{}{}
> ! Command \endwibble already defined
>

> There we are.  This is, I hope you agree, better.

Quite incomplete.

My try for a better behaviour of LaTeX:

%%% cut %%% test.tex %%% cut %%%
\NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}
\makeatletter
\long\def\@ifdefinable #1#2{%
  \edef\reserved@a{\expandafter\@gobble\string #1}%
  \@ifundefined\reserved@a{%
    \edef\reserved@b{\expandafter\@carcube \reserved@a xxx\@nil}%
    \ifx \reserved@b\@qend \@notdefinable@end
    \else
      \ifx \reserved@a\@qrelax \@notdefinable@relax
      \else
        #2%
      \fi
    \fi
  }{%
    \edef\reserved@b{\expandafter\@carcube \reserved@a xxx\@nil}%
    \ifx\reserved@b\@qend
      \@notdefinable@end
    \else
      \@notdefinable
    \fi
  }%
}
\def\@notdefinable@relax{%
  \@latex@error{%
    You must not define command \@backslashchar relax %
    or environment 'relax'%
  }\@eha
}
\def\@notdefinable@end{%
  \@latex@error{%
    Illegal command \@backslashchar\reserved@a\space or environment %
      '\reserved@a'.\MessageBreak
    The name must not start with 'end', %
    see p.192 of the manual%
  }\@eha
}
\def\@notdefinable{%
  \@latex@error{%
    Command \@backslashchar\reserved@a\space or environment %
      '\reserved@a' already defined%
  }\@eha
}

% Tests

% shorter error messages in the .log file
\errorcontextlines=-1
\def\@eha{ }%
\nonstopmode
\def\status#1#2{%
  \typeout{%
    \string\endwibble: \ifcase #2 un\fi defined%
  }%
  \typeout{}%
  \def\setup{%
    \ifcase #1 \let\wibble\@undefined \or \let\wibble\@empty\fi
    \ifcase #2 \let\endwibble\@undefined \or \let\endwibble\@empty\fi
  }%
  \setup
}
\def\deftest#1{%
  \setup
  \typeout{%
    *** Define: #1%
  }%
}

\status00

\deftest{command \string\relax}
\newcommand{\relax}{}

\deftest{environment 'relax'}
\newenvironment{relax}{}{}

\deftest{command \string\endwibble}
\newcommand{\endwibble}{}

\deftest{environment 'endwibble'}
\newenvironment{endwibble}{}{}

\status10

\deftest{command \string\wibble}
\newcommand{\wibble}{}

\deftest{environment 'wibble'}
\newenvironment{wibble}{}{}

\deftest{command \string\endwibble}
\newcommand{\endwibble}{}

\deftest{environment 'endwibble'}
\newenvironment{endwibble}{}

\status11

\deftest{command \string\wibble}
\newcommand{\wibble}{}

\deftest{environment 'wibble'}
\newenvironment{wibble}{}{}

\deftest{command \string\endwibble}
\newcommand{\endwibble}{}

\deftest{environment 'endwibble'}
\newenvironment{endwibble}{}

\status01

\deftest{command \string\wibble}
\newcommand{\wibble}{}
\typeout{--> no error (!?)}
\typeout{}

\deftest{environment 'wibble'}
\newenvironment{wibble}{}{}

\deftest{command \string\endwibble}
\newcommand{\endwibble}{}

\deftest{environment 'endwibble'}
\newenvironment{endwibble}{}

\@@end
%%% cut %%% test.tex %%% cut %%%

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de>
0
oberdiek (2375)

Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.
Hello, When I run this file: -------------- test.tex -------------------------------- \documentclass[a4paper,twocolumn,10pt,american]{article} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[american,german]{babel} \iflanguage{german}{ \newcommand{\quotes}{\dq} }{} \iflanguage{american}{ \newcommand{\quotes}{"} }{} \begin{document} \normalfont \quotes{}Text.\quotes{} \end{document} -------------- test.tex -------------------------------- I get this error: ---------------- output ------------------------------- .... ! LaTeX Error: Command \quotes already defined. Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual. See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation. Type H <return> for immediate help. ... l.11 }{} ? (./test.aux) [1] (./test.aux) ) Output written on test.dvi (1 page, 236 bytes). Transcript written on test.log. ---------------- output ------------------------------- The log says: Package babel Info: Making " an active character on input line 102. So I tried to use \" instead of " but to no avail. Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it? I just want \quotes to expand to the standard double quotes. And in which manual is p.192? Thanks! Aaron Digulla wrote: > Hello, > > When I run this file: > [snip] no problems here, when compiling your example Though those are the wrong quotes you use, I would recommend that I have a look at the csquote package which can handle language specific q...

LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}.
Dear all, I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? Best Regards, Zulfikar Dharmawan "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharmawan@gmail.com> writes: >I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: > LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. > >The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? there's an isolated \end{indented} in your document (one not matched by \begin{indented}, that is). text after the \end{indented} will have been lost, which seems to contradict your "output ok" assertion... not knowing what editor you use in development, it's hard to suggest techniques; something as simple as searching for "{indented}" might be good enough. backward search from the line number given in the error message would be a start. -- Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharmawan@gmail.com> wrote: > I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: > LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. > > The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? The hint is the error message text. Your environments are not nested properly. (\begin{indented} is missing.) Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> On Mar 26, 2:58 am, "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharma...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear a...

joke: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}.
\documentclass{article} \begin{document} \def\else{Ha! Ha!} \end{document} Hello! When running the example above, I get the following message: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. Well. OK. Why is this an error? Regards Ulrich "Ulrich Diez" <ulrich.diez@alumni.uni-tuebingen.de> writes: > \documentclass{article} > \begin{document} > \def\else{Ha! Ha!} > \end{document} > > Hello! > > When running the example above, I get the following message: > > LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? Because you broke LaTeX. Use \newcommand\else{Oops} and find out. Hell, you get bogus "Extra }" errors from fragile commands in moving arguments, without even breaking LaTeX itself. Some other attractive command names are \box, \output, \above, \count, \day, \if, \mark, \number, \over, \read, ... all of which are fundamental TeX commands, used internally. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> writes: > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? > Because you broke LaTeX. OK, I did understand the posting to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (or "cheeky") but I didn't notice the "subject" or realize it was a straight-out joke. Sorry to be a rube. In my defence, I've been typing "less secure" in ernest today. -- Donald Arseneau ...

Name of text effect where text cut out and we see various images underneath?
I've been seeing this technique over in the sci-fi ng a bit lately and I really like it. In both cases, each letter had a different background from the other letters, and the entire piece of text had different pictures from the background. I remember, too, seeing an effect where it looked like the text was a well, meaning, that it was cut out and the picture behind was buried well beneath the ground-line. Is that clear or clear as mud?! Was hoping to do both things. Cut out the interior of each letter and fill with a different picture and to also apply depth to the cutout. TIA! :oD ...

Name of text effect where text cut out and we see various images underneath?
I've been seeing this technique over in the sci-fi ng a bit lately and I really like it. In both cases, each letter had a different background from the other letters, and the entire piece of text had different pictures from the background. I remember, too, seeing an effect where it looked like the text was a well, meaning, that it was cut out and the picture behind was buried well beneath the ground-line. Is that clear or clear as mud?! Was hoping to do both things. Cut out the interior of each letter and fill with a different picture and to also apply depth to the cutout. TIA! :oD ...

LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}.
Newbie question here. I've written a report and when I compile it I get LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}. Nevertheless, the output seems to be okay. Am I making a mistake here? Thanks! "Steven Endres" <stevenendres@comcast.net> writes: > Newbie question here. I've written a report and when I compile it I get > LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}. > Nevertheless, the output seems to be okay. Am I making a mistake here? Odd... I never knew about any "section" environment. What's this? You do not want to start a section (chapter, section, subsection, ...) this way, do you? Where have you leanrt about this "\begin{section}" from? Would you send out an example of your latex document? *Guldo* I found the problem. I was using \begin{chapter}{Chapter_name} and \begin{section}(Section_name} instead of \chapter{Chapter_name} and \section{Section_name} But surprisingly everything worked-table of contents, etc. was all fine except for the error message. Thanks! "Steven Endres" <stevenendres@comcast.net> wrote in message news:prPAb.53024$_M.251787@attbi_s54... > Newbie question here. I've written a report and when I compile it I get > LaTeX Error: \begin{section} on input line 377 ended by \end{document}. > Nevertheless, the output seems to be okay. Am I making a mistake here? > > Thanks! > > Steven End...

Errors i am seeing in my named log file
Hi All, I seem to be running named correctly as a primary on my home network. This is done via a Redhat 7.2 machine. Couple of questions though. If i do a nslookup of an IP from an internal machine , lets say through dos, the first attempt always times out & then the second or third will resolve correctly. Is this normal? Also i am seeing a few of these in my log file. The second is my actual router so i dont know why this is being denied... security: info: client 192.88.193.144#1279: query 'eziekiel.com/IN' denied security: error: client 192.168.0.1#1030: update 'eziekiel.com/IN' denied What would this machine be trying to do. Is it trying to use my DNS server to do resolving for it ??. I am just not sure. Here is a part copy of my named.conf file. If there is any improvements you can see that i can add/remove , please pass it on to me... acl internal { 192.168.0.0; }; acl easydns.com { 205.210.42.0/24; 216.220.40.240/28; 64.39.29.212/32; 212.100.224.80/32; 209.61.155.107/32; 64.39.29.216/32; }; options { directory "/var/named"; recursion yes; // the default allow-query { 127.0.0.1; 192.168.0.2; 192.168.0.5; internal; easydns.com; }; allow-transfer { 192.168.0.1; 192.168.0.5; ...

Manuals, Manuals, Manuals
Hello everyone! Remeber Printed Documentation? I happen to have a collection of AP Reference Manuals, The old grey 3 ring manuals, a complete set of R91 manuals, various red accessory tools manuals, and other odd bits of documentation. There used to be someone building a 'historical overview' of Pick, or so I thought. Does that still exist, and would he/they want some of this stuff. Otherwise, I could put it all on eBay, or offer it for sale here if anyone is interested. Thanks, Greg Amov gregamov@earthlink.net or gma@gregamov.com ...

What to do when you see error DES0333N with DB2 Text Extender
Just wanted to post this solution because I could not find it anywhere on Google Groups. This solution applies to Windows only. Here's the scenario - you have done the following: - installed DB2 Text Extender - created the instance (txicrt) - started the TE server (txstart) - started the TE client (db2tx) - connected to your database and enabled it for TE Now you are trying to enable text columns for the DB2 Text Extender, and you are getting the error message: DES0333N The DB2 Text Extender client cannot currently establish a session with the requested server. If this...

Is there a name for this type of Combination of Networks? (see text)
NOTE: A picture would be worth, literally, a 1000 words in this case. VERBAL DESCRIPTION: Input set consists of 4 different types of data and is partitioned appropriately. This partition is maintained in the 1st layer of Hidden nodes (Layer 2). The 2nd layer Hidden nodes combine the 4 types. A single Output (linear activation) is specified. NOTATIONAL DESCRIPTION: ( n, A > m , B ) where n and m are layer numbers and A and B are sets of nodes and ( ) denotes complete weight connection, ...

Error: Illegal use of keyword "End"
In the mat file, I have something like a=15; b=3;d=2; For i=1:1:20 For j=1:1:15 if (condition) do something end end %----- end When I run the code, it says "Illegal use of the Keyword "end", referring to the 2nd end keyword in the code. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Alan "alan" <alan_dinnoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ef4f696.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > In the mat file, I have something like > > a=15; b=3;d=2; > > For i=1:1:20 > For j=1:1:15 > > if (condition) > ...

Floating illegal operand error when reach end of for loop
Hey all, I'm applying the function mkstrend (see: http://objectmix.com/idl-pvwave/336583-code-kendall-trend-test.html) within a double for loop (for row, for column). All is fine until I reach the end of the loop. After the last row and column is processed, I get a "Floating illegal operand" error and my program crashes. The same thing happens if I change the number of rows and columns I'm looping through. Why is this happening and how do I fix? Thanks! On Mar 8, 7:56=A0pm, Snow53 <jennifer_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hey all, > > I'm applying the func...

Error in .tex file makes latex loop forever
The following short document \documentclass[10pt]{article} \usepackage{amsmath} \begin{document} \[ \array{chars\\0-15:&\Diamond&\Heart} \] \end{document} causes latex to emit the error ! Use of \@array doesn't match its definition. If you reply "q" then it says OK, entering \batchmode and then runs forever. Without \usepackage{amsmath} it emits the same error but quickly runs to completion after you reply "q". Now, the \array{...} construction is obviously a latex error, and I don't really care about the .dvi output produced. But the "runs forever" part is a real problem. How can I get latex to not get hung up like this regardless of silly document errors? Thanks, -- John Forkosh ( mailto: j@f.com where j=john and f=forkosh ) John Forkosh wrote: > The following short document > \documentclass[10pt]{article} > \usepackage{amsmath} > \begin{document} > \[ \array{chars\\0-15:&\Diamond&\Heart} \] > \end{document} > causes latex to emit the error > ! Use of \@array doesn't match its definition. > If you reply "q" then it says > OK, entering \batchmode > and then runs forever. Without \usepackage{amsmath} > it emits the same error but quickly runs to completion > after you reply "q". > > Now, the \array{...} construction is obviously a latex error, > and I don't really care about the .dvi output produced. &g...

Line-ends in Meta{font/post) error help text.
Metafont wizards: I have written some Metapost/font macros that include errhelp strings. Unfortunately, when these are displayed on screen (after a user types "h" in response to an error message), the lines often break in the middle of a word. I would therefore like to include EOL's in these strings. Neither char(13) nor char(10) work here (fptex) by default, they just appear as "^^M" and "^^J" on screen. I was wondering if there is a method like \newlinechar in TeX. I would rather not fill lines with spaces. (Regular messages are no problem: I can just use message() on each line separately.) Dan -- Dan Luecking Department of Mathematical Sciences University of Arkansas Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701 To reply by email, change Look-In-Sig to luecking Dan Luecking <Look-In-Sig@uark.edu> wrote: > >I have written some Metapost/font macros that include >errhelp strings. Unfortunately, when these are displayed on screen >(after a user types "h" in response to an error message), >the lines often break in the middle of a word. I would therefore like >to include EOL's in these strings. Neither char(13) nor char(10) work >here (fptex) by default, they just appear as "^^M" and "^^J" on screen. > >I was wondering if there is a method like \newlinechar in TeX. >I would rather not fill lines with spaces. No clue, but here this code string...

NAME! and NAME@ versus !NAME and @NAME
Leo Brodie's Forth style guide says: save value of (to stack) @name restore value of !name store into name! fetch from name@ I don't understand when it's appropriate to use @name or !name, and when to use name@ or name!. My research so far: The Standard use the latter a lot: C!, 2! R@, F!, DEFER@, etc. But the former seems to be rare. I found !CSP and !BITS in some traditional Forths. Machine Forth use A!/A@ to access the contents of the A register, and !A/@A to access memory. Any ...

help with LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.
Dear all, I have the following message when I try to typeset a document in Pctex. ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found. I think this might be a package for fonts. Could anyone tell me how to get it and install it. Thank you very much. Tony Tony wrote: > Dear all, > > I have the following message when I try to typeset a document in > Pctex. > > ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found. > > I think this might be a package for fonts. No, it's a package for SWP. Your file was typed under SWP I suppose. > Could anyone tell me how to > get it and install it. google ? Jean-C\^ome Charpentier I did use both Pctex and SWP to write the article, but neither of them could properly typeset it. Actually I copy some code for math formula from another artcile which is not my own. I think I miss some package from the original author. Could you tell me how to find it and properly install it? Thank you very much Jean-Come Charpentier <Jean-Come.Charpentier@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:<413081B2.7060806@wanadoo.fr>... > Tony wrote: > > Dear all, > > > > I have the following message when I try to typeset a document in > > Pctex. > > > > ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found. > > > > I think this might be a package for fonts. > > No, it's a package for SWP. Your file was typed under SWP I suppose. > > > Could anyon...

[News] Secret/Illegal Deals with Microsoft See Their End in NZ, Switzerland?

duplicate column name 'id' error ... cant see it!
hey guys... maybe someone can gimme a hand with this... http://mysql.pastebin.com/gs8BFw3t ... ams_transaction_group table is throwing a duplicate column name 'id' error... , i have no idea why... thanks in advance On 2010-04-21 06:38, Slavka wrote: > hey guys... maybe someone can gimme a hand with this... > http://mysql.pastebin.com/gs8BFw3t ... ams_transaction_group table is > throwing a duplicate column name 'id' error... , i have no idea why... > thanks in advance Not sure whether that is the problem, but I can't see any reason to include a col...

=P\?! A Must See Funland =P\?!
This site has tons of games for fun! Visit the arcade room for excitement at http://www.gabbyinc.net ! Also has plenty of free games to enjoy! So pass it on... ]TreN ...

wrap text around text in latex
You do that by using a minipage environment, right? Gunnar G wrote: > You do that by using a minipage environment, right? I do it with the wrapfig package. Here's an example that I posted here once: \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage{wrapfig} \begin{document} Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. \begin{wrapfigure}{l}{5cm} \textbf{Memory:} Well, my guess is that you already know what memory is. I can't help you, because I forgot all about it. \end{wrapfigure} Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else. Some text about something else....

TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file
Hello Guys, =20 I'm trying to below turbo image debug error but I couldn't get any clue. Could you please help me out? =20 TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file - DBGET, mode=3D4 on xxxx = (dataset) of YYYY(database name) =20 =20 Through ADAGER, we examined all paths for the dataset. It didn't report any errors. =20 Please help. =20 =20 Thank you, Kishan. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * This is not a matter of trying to read through a path. A Mode 4 DBGET reads the record number given to the record when it was stored with a DBPUT. It is not dependent on what path(s) the record might be in. I would suggest you put a display statement immediately before the Mode 4 DBGET to display the argument you are using as record number that it is trying to do the DBGET on. When it gets that error, it means it is not in the dataset. Check where you are getting the number being used for the argument. Edwin Clements --- On Sat, 9/19/09, Pannem, Jai Kishan K <JaiKishan.Pannem@HONEYWELL.COM> wrote: > From: Pannem, Jai Kishan K <JaiKishan.Pannem@HONEYWELL.COM> > Subject: [HP3000-L] TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file - DBGET, mode=4 on xxxx (dataset) of YYYY(database name) > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Date: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 8:50 AM >...

TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file
Hello Guys, I'm trying to below turbo image debug error but I couldn't get any clue. Could you please help me out? TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file - DBGET, mode=3D4 on xxxx (dataset= ) of=20 YYYY(database name) Through ADAGER, we examined all paths for the dataset. It didn't report a= ny=20 errors. Please help. Thank you, Kishan. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * This error is usually a programming logic error, and reading by record number ca...

"latex file.tex" fails (WinXP) with "NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction"
Hi there, Suddenly, when I run a simple "latex file.tex" command in my WinXP machine, I get a little window that says "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem" "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction". I know Microsoft has a test of sorts to check whether the problem is with Windows or with the other application, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;220155 My machine 'passes' this test. I know this question (or a similar one appeared in this group in the recent past, see http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/7216595e5b9b3ef8/c49da910a52091b1?lnk=st&q=miktex+ntvdm+cpu+has+encountered&rnum=1&hl=en#c49da910a52091b1 I was wondering if any of you has had the same problem, and if anybody found a solution to it yet, as I can't seem to do any latex'ing in this machine at the moment! Thanks a lot in advance. Matias FIXED! - Well, I haven't found the real cause of the problem, but Walter (see the previous thread linked above) suggested that cygwin could be part of it. Indeed, renaming my c:\cygwin directory to c:\bak-cygwin solved it. I'm guessing that removing it from the PATH environment variable would have had the same effect... Sill puzzled, but able to work now. Matias "Matias" <msalibian@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:1140143607.778079.202400@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > FIXED! - Well, I haven't found the real cause of the...

Re: TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:38:54 -0500, Michael <michael@J3KSOLUTIONS.COM> wr= ote: >BTW: Does anyone know of a more up-to-date Image manual, maybe one that >shows all the new features of DBGET? > I'm not sure about any new features of DBGET, but the last edition of tha= t manual that I'm=20 aware of was the seventh. My copy shows a publication date of March 2000.= * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Web resources about - LaTeX Error: ... Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual - comp.text.tex

Illegal drug trade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The illegal drug trade is a global black market , dedicated to cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and sale of drugs, which are subject ...

Why Demanding Facebook Passwords From Employers, Applicants Is Now Illegal In New Jersey
... to the list of states where employers demanding passwords to Facebook and other online services from employees or applicants is now illegal, ...

Will Hill - 3 Detained Illegals - Facebook
3 detained this evening, 2 OTM (Other Than Mexican) 1 Honduran, 1 Guatemalan, 1 Mexican. 2 males 1 female. Approx 11 illegals were attempting ...

Guest Post: In 2013, Many Businesses Are Still Running Illegal Contests on Facebook
This is a guest post by IronMonk cofounder Amine Rahal. It still amazes me today that so many businesses are — unknowingly? — running illegal ...

Illegal Curve Hockey (@IllegalCurve) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Illegal Curve Hockey @ IllegalCurve ...

Traffic: Illegal Road Racing - Street Speed Car Racer with Need for Rivals - Real & Endless Race Game ...
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Traffic: Illegal Road Racing - Street Speed Car Racer with Need ...

illegal downloads: Why we will never win the war on piracy
THE trailer for season six of Game of Thrones was just released and online pirates have already marked the release date firmly on their calendars. ...

Selling e-cigarettes remains illegal after appeal dismissed at Perth's Supreme Court
It is still illegal to sell e-cigarettes in Western Australia after a conviction in a landmark case on the matter was upheld in WA's Supreme ...

Larwyn's Linx: Rubio Voted To EXPEDITE Legalizing Illegal Aliens In 1999
... us tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation Rubio Voted To EXPEDITE Legalizing Illegal ...