LaTeX Font Warning: Size substitutions with differences (Font) up to 4.0pt have occurred (and 1 more)...

Hi Again,

Okay, I've almost cleaned up all warnings, 2 more remain...

The full log can be found here: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/158051/

However, the important bits are as follows...

Problem 1...
Package hyperref Warning: Wrong driver `hdvipson.def';
(hyperref)                pdfTeX is running in PDF mode.
(hyperref)                Forcing driver `hpdftex.def'.

*hyperref using driver hpdftex*
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def)
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsmath.sty
For additional information on amsmath, use the `?' option.

Problem 2...

LaTeX Font Warning: Size substitutions with differences
(Font)              up to 4.0pt have occurred.

 ) </Users/nima/.texlive2009/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/mathabx/
mathx10.7
20pk> </Users/nima/.texlive2009/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/
mathabx/matha8
..600pk> </Users/nima/.texlive2009/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/
mathabx/m...

Any ideas?

Nima

 Achaemenes <nima.talebi@gmail.com> writes:
>Okay, I've almost cleaned up all warnings, 2 more remain...
>
>The full log can be found here: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/158051/
>
>However, the important bits are as follows...
>
>Problem 1...
>Package hyperref Warning: Wrong driver `hdvipson.def';
>(hyperref)                pdfTeX is running in PDF mode.
>(hyperref)                Forcing driver `hpdftex.def'.
>
>*hyperref using driver hpdftex*
>(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def)

it would appear that you have the "dvipsone" option in your call to
hyperref, but aren't using the y&y system.  in most cases, you don't
need a driver option at all (hyperref can make up its own mind); in
this case, hyperref is reporting that your driver option is
inconsistent with using pdflatex.

>Problem 2...
>
>LaTeX Font Warning: Size substitutions with differences
>(Font)              up to 4.0pt have occurred.

for at least one of your fonts, latex believes you only have a fixed
range of sizes available; at some stage, you've asked for a size of
that font that's 4.0pt away from the nearest size available.

there ought to be a warning somewhere in the log saying something like:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/m/n' in size <30> not available
(Font)              size <24.88> substituted on input line 0.

in your case, there will be a useful line number (i got that error by
typing at latex from the console), and the font shape will given you
further details.

i can't actually find any such warning in your posted log, so i'm at
the limit of what i can do to help.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
0

That resolved the wrong-driver issue - I removed the line...

		dvipsone=pdftex,				% or dvips

....all together and let it figure it for itself.

I'll dig around with the other one and see if I can figure out which
font it's referring to.

Thanks again :)

Nima
0