LaTeX font warning

Could someone please advise on how to fix this type of compilation font
warning:

|| LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmtt/m/n' undefined
|| LaTeX Font Warning: Some font shapes were not available, defaults
substituted.

Here is a log entry that pertains to this:

LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OMS+cmtt on input
line 24.

LaTeX Font Info:    No file OMScmtt.fd. on input line 24.

Line 24 happens to be a \maketitle call, and the title, besides having
regular characters, has curly braces that are escaped like \{ and \}.  I
am also using the llncs document class.

Thanks,
Jeff

Forgot to include this log entry, found right after the other one:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmtt/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `OMS/cmsy/m/n' instead
(Font)              for symbol `textbraceleft' on input line 24.

So it seems to be related to the left curly brace \{

-Jeff

 Jeff Puchalski <jpuchalski@mitre.org> writes:
>Forgot to include this log entry, found right after the other one:
>
>LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmtt/m/n' undefined
>(Font)              using `OMS/cmsy/m/n' instead
>(Font)              for symbol `textbraceleft' on input line 24.
>
>So it seems to be related to the left curly brace \{

i was reading this afternoon a quote from me, about using things like
\texttt{`\{} for that situation.  someone else pointed out that in t1
encoding, the whole things ok anyway because \{ in text mode does what
you want without switching to the maths encoding.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
0

LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have searched and searched but can't find the solution to this problem. I keep getting a variety of warnings along the lines of: LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/it undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/bx/n defined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OMS/Helvetica/m/n undefined .... Does anyone know how to correct this? Thank you in advance for your help, Dan On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:27:31 -0700 (PDT), Dan wrote: > Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have searched and > searched but can't find the solution to this problem. > > I keep getting a variety of warnings along the lines of: > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/it undefined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/bx/n defined > LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OMS/Helvetica/m/n undefined > ... > > Does anyone know how to correct this? \usepackage{helvet} ....\textsf{This is Helvetica.}... For a scaling option to helvet, look for psnfss2e.pdf either on your system or at CTAN. If you really intend to use Helvetica as your default font family, add \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{phv} Bob T. ...

LaTeX Font Warning: Size substitutions with differences (Font) up to 4.0pt have occurred (and 1 more)...
Hi Again, Okay, I've almost cleaned up all warnings, 2 more remain... The full log can be found here: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/158051/ However, the important bits are as follows... Problem 1... ..... Package hyperref Warning: Wrong driver `hdvipson.def'; (hyperref) pdfTeX is running in PDF mode. (hyperref) Forcing driver `hpdftex.def'. *hyperref using driver hpdftex* (/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def) (/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsmath.sty For additional information on...

LaTeX fonts for long texts
Hi all, For typesetting long texts in LaTeX, and I want a nice, comfortable font family for that. I am not too satisfied with the standard fonts bundled with LaTeX. Times and Helvetica are too cliche, Charter is too playful, Palatino is too spacey for me to really like it, and Computer Modern is both cliche and ugly. Utopia still comes closest to what I want, put it lacks some personality. I like the Bera package, containing the Bitstream Vera font families. The sans and monotype are absolutelty gorgeous, but for long texts I prefer a variable width serif. For some reason I find the serif ve...

Fonts (math+text) vs LaTex
Dear group I would like to use a number of Gnuplots in a LaTex document. Many of the plots contain math fonts in axis labels and so on. The standard latex document font is Times while the Gnuplot fonts should all be Helvetica. I have tried to simply use the postscript-eps terminal with large enough fonts and scale the plot to a suitable size for the document. This comes close to the desired result except that on pages with several graphs this can look a bit odd because all the plotting areas are of slightly different dimensions depending on axis labels. Other than that I have tried to use the epslatex terminal since the fonts are all being replaced to match the document fonts. However, here I get a Times font in the plots as well. Have not managed to get rid of these, particularly the math fonts give me a headache. I have 2 questions: 1. Has some got a better idea than what I have tried? 2. When I convert the eps files to pdf by epstopdf, the gridlines and several other line sizes are altered. The entire graph looks crappy. The same happens if converted using Acrobat Writer. Any clues? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Ingo On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 03:55:36 -0700, Ingo wrote: > Dear group > > I would like to use a number of Gnuplots in a LaTex document. Many of > the plots contain math fonts in axis labels and so on. The standard > latex document font is Times while the Gnuplot fonts should all be > Helvetica. ...

TeX, LaTeX support for STIX, Esstix fonts?
Apparently the STIX font project (www.stixfonts.org), a group effort by, among others, the AMS and Elsevier, to create a free and comprehensive set of fonts for maths and science, is getting close to completion. In fact, Elsevier made available a limited version of the fonts in 2003. The font files (AFM and PFB's) are available for download at ftp://ftp.elsevier.nl/pub/styles/esstix/ The problem is that there are no `obvious' TeX/LaTeX support files available yet (something has been cobbled together for one of the fonts (#14, I think)). The long term plan for STIX includes extensive ...

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
OK, I posted earlier about uninstalling the NWN2 beta patch because of game/system weirdness. This morning I started my machine and was greeted by a McAfee Personal Firewall tray error message of some kind, and had no internet access. After checking another machine on my network and determining my service wasn't down I decided the simplest thing to do was exercise XP's Restore Point capability. Since Wednesday I'd not only installed the NWN2 beta patch, but also the latest ATI Catalyst Suite and some sort of Java Runtime update I'd been bothered about, so my system ch...

Original Plain TeX Fonts using LaTeX's \DeclareFixedFont Command
Hi, I'd like to use the computer modern, bold-extended, slanted 10-point font (cmbxsl10) in a style file. I'd like to use \DeclareFixedFont to do it since I want to ensure that the font family, shape, etc., doesn't change with the enclosing environment, but when I attempt, e.g., \DeclareFixedFont{\myfont}{TS1}{cmbxsl10}{m}{n}{10pt} I get the message LaTeX Font Warning: Some font shapes were not available, defaults substituted. and the desired font is not selected. However, if I use the plain TeX command \font\myfont=cmbxsl10 then I get the proper font (in a LaTeX docu...

Combining Math Fonts with Text Fonts
Dear all, I have two questions. 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what properties a math font should have if you want tp combine it with a given text font? I am aware of Stephan Hartke's ``A Survey of Free Math Fonts for TeX and LaTeX'' but this ``just'' lists some nice combinations; it doesn't list the guidelines. I'd be much obliged if anybody could provide me with some pointers. 2) I am thinking of buying a font licence for FF Nexus, but I need some advice for a good accompanying math font. Unfortunately, the licence is pretty expensive: it would be a pitty to buy it and then find that there's no nice accompanying math font. One of the main reasons why I'd like to use FF Nexus is because it has a serif, a sans serif, a slab serif, and a typewriter typeface which go very well together. I'm thinking of using the serif for the main text, the sans serif for captions, the slab serif for section titles, and the typewriter for identifiers. (You may find more information about FF Nexus on http://www.martinmajoor.com/4_nexus.html.) Again, I'd be much obliged for suggestions. It would be nice if you could let me know why you think a particular suggestion is nice. Of course, ideally the math font should be free. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Marc van Dongen Le 06/06/2011 06:58, Marc van Dongen a �crit : > Dear all, > > > I have two questions. > > 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what pr...

font editing software for tex fonts?
In my one foray into creating a virtual font, which was a replacement for the math italic font for use with Times Roman, the *really* tedious part was adjusting the font metrics. Are there are wysiwig font editors for tex font metrics? (I've seen VTeX's TFM Editor, but it only works for fonts in VTeX's IF4 format and I don't think it can be used with virtual fonts.) How about the following alternative? Use a PostScript font editor to create a composite type 1 font, adjust the metrics in that font editor, and then use afm2tfm? I see a couple problems with this approach:...

Urgent problem with font sizes in latex: signature page fonts, chapter page chapter name font
Hi there, I am a newbie using Latex for writing my thesis. I have no clue how to change the .sty or .cls files as I am using others templates, (.sty files) directly on Winedt and editing them with my text. I use a document class: report.The chapter font size in the beginning page of each chapter has a large font size. Is there a way I can reduce this font size to12? Also in the table of contents page the dots dont extend to the page numbers for the chapters and main headings. Only subsections etc., have dots extending to page numbers. Any help on this? The Signature page shows up font sizes less than 10. Graduate school demands font sizes between 10 and 12 consistently. I will greatly appreciate any of your help with this as early as possible. Regards Krishna My main file:%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \documentclass[11pt]{report} \usepackage{amssymb,latexsym,amsmath} \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx} \usepackage{pst-node} \usepackage{thesis} \usepackage{lscape} \usepackage{supertabular} \graphicspath{{Figures-TestPage/}} % Sets the path of the graphics figures \begin{document} \thesistitle{DIAGNOSTICS OFIMAGE SATELLITE} \thesisauthor{Radha Krishna Proddaturi} \thesisdate{August 2007} \degrees{B.Tech.} \committeelines{\signline{} \vspace{0.2cm} \signline{} \vspace{0.2cm} \signline{Advisory Committee Chair} \vspace{0.2cm} \signline{Chair, Department of Electrical Engineering}} \deanlines{\signline{Dean, College of Engineering and Mines} \signline{Dean of the Graduate S...

trouble with font-lock-*, font=latex-* faces (no colors...)
xpost to xemacs-beta mailing list and comp.emacs.xemacs when i edit latex sources, i'd like to have the running text in a proportional font and everything else (macros, math, comments) in the default, monospaced font first i tried (defun my-tex-font () (interactive) (set-specifier (face-font (get-face 'default)) "Calibri-16" (current-buffer))) but executing my-tex-font in a latex buffer caused ALL faces to get a proportional font being smart, i told me: "all those faces can be forced to inherit from a common ancestor face, that i can force to have a...

Latex Font
I am trying to make presentations using prosper. While I am confiling a tex file, I got the following error message. How can I fix this problem? Style Option: `semhelv' for the `seminar' doc style 1.0 (2e) <94/09/11> (tvz) ! Font OT1/helvetica/m/n/10=phvr7t at 8.20007pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found. Thanks! Schoi schrieb: > How can I fix this problem? Get yourself a complete LaTeX system. > ! Font OT1/helvetica/m/n/10=phvr7t at 8.20007pt not loadable: Metric > (TFM) file not found. This file (phvr7t.tfm) is a required component of every LaTeX sy...

on tex and latex
Hi there. I have a question more strictly about latex, but the only group I found on my news server is alt.sex.fetish.latex. I've been reading the TeXbook, and I now I've been wondering why we have a latex executable in the distribution of latex. My distribution is pdfetex which seems to replace tex entirely. Reading the TeXbook, it seems that TeX, as designed in the book, seems powerful enough to allow abstractions written in pure TeX code. Apparently, there's something called e-TeX which pdfetex is a derivative, so I suppose there are extensions on the capabilities of Knuth's TeX. What are they? "Daniel C. Bastos" <dbast0s@yahoo.com.br> writes: > Hi there. I have a question more strictly about latex, but the only > group I found on my news server is alt.sex.fetish.latex. > > I've been reading the TeXbook, and I now I've been wondering why we have > a latex executable in the distribution of latex. My distribution is > pdfetex which seems to replace tex entirely. Reading the TeXbook, it > seems that TeX, as designed in the book, seems powerful enough to allow > abstractions written in pure TeX code. > > Apparently, there's something called e-TeX which pdfetex is a > derivative, so I suppose there are extensions on the capabilities of > Knuth's TeX. What are they? texdoc etex texdoc pdftex-a -- David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bi...

Latex font
hello, i was wondering if i could download the Latex font (the GNU parser), without having to use the Latex program. i just want a truetype (or other) equivalent font that looks exactly the same a the font used by LaTex, and which i can put in my win2000/fonts folder. thanks If you mean Computer Modern (non-math) try http://www.truetex.com and look for the um-fonts. In article <tv91b.627$9a2.31509@news20.bellglobal.com>, Willy.Radisson@frock.com says... > hello, > > i was wondering if i could download the Latex font (the GNU parser), > without having to use the...

Fonts in LaTeX
Gentlepeople, One of the places in which LaTeX (and TeX) falls short, in my opinion, is in the variety of fonts that are available. This is the one place in which the other typesetting tools of the world surpass LaTeX in that I am often left lusting after the fonts used, wishing I could use them in LaTeX. Now I know that there have been some attempts over the years to convert fonts to TFMs (or whatever else is required - I'm not a TeX font expert), but they seemed to be unwieldy and incomplete. For example, math mode seems to suffer (don't ask me for an example of this - it just se...

font with latex
I am trying to change the type of font in my document. Since there, nothing amazing... I tried some fonts like bodoni or grotesq, just to see how they look like, and had an error with Yap : mbdr8r not loadable (see FILE > Document Properties... ). It seems that makepk could not process the file mbdr8r.tfm and make mbdr8r.pk. The same happens with the grotesq, pandora, janson and so many other fonts. The only one that seems to work is palatino. I process my minimal document with Miktex 2.4 rev 2.4.1545 \documentclass[a4paper]{minimal} \usepackage{bodoni} \begin{document} bla bla bla bla \e...

Latex and font
Hi people, why i am unable to change the font of Latex in legend? The default font of Latex is hard to read, but even if i try to alter the font, it has no effect. Here is my codes. c= strcat ( '$$\dot{\epsilon}=$$', mat2str(0.36), '$\frac{\%}{\min}$'); i = legend(ih([2,3]), {c, c}, 4); set(i, 'Interpreter', 'Latex', 'FontSize', 14,'FontName', 'Arial'); I tried to use Tex, but it can't interpret those strings. Please tell me a solution. Thank you guys so much. On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:11:56 -0500, Richeng wrote: > Hi people, &g...

latex and fonts
hi all: i need to label a certain plot with the greek letter \mu. i have tried it like this xlabel('horizontal [\mum]', 'interpreter', 'Tex', 'FontName', 'Arial') when i export this fig with exportfig toolbox or with file>saveas matlab inserts a space betweem [ and the mu... i also tried like this xlabel('horizontal [$\mu$m]', 'interpreter', 'LaTex', 'FontName', 'Arial') this way there is no space between [ and the mu but i can't put it in arial font.... anyone can help me with this???? i am almost quitting and opening it in a photoshop and making the proper corrections.... thx in advance mut In article <ef43d10.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, "mut ante" <mutante51@gmail.com> wrote: > hi all: > > i need to label a certain plot with the greek letter \mu. i have > tried it like this > > xlabel('horizontal [\mum]', 'interpreter', 'Tex', 'FontName', > 'Arial') > > when i export this fig with exportfig toolbox or with file>saveas > matlab inserts a space betweem [ and the mu... > > i also tried like this > > xlabel('horizontal [$\mu$m]', 'interpreter', 'LaTex', 'FontName', > 'Arial') > > this way there is no space between [ and the mu but i can't put it in > arial font.... In neither case is the mu character produced ...

tex or latex?
I wish to learn tex. Can someone advise which is easier to learn and which is better - tex or latex? And where can I find a beginner's tutorial on any of these? Secondly, there are lots to tex and latex packages available. Which one do I need to install to use tex or latex? Regards, mowgli On May 20, 8:31 pm, mowgli <knowledgel...@gmail.com> wrote: > I wish to learn tex. Can someone advise which is easier to learn and > which is better - tex or latex? And where can I find a beginner's > tutorial on any of these? The "not so short guide to Latex" is a good place to start. www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf > > Secondly, there are lots to tex and latex packages available. Which > one do I need to install to use tex or latex? If you are using Windows, you can download and install MiKTeX, for example. www.miktex.org mowgli wrote: > I wish to learn tex. Can someone advise which is easier to learn and > which is better - tex or latex? The UK TeX FAQ offers the following (brief) bits of advice: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=LaTeXandPlain http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=plainvltx Personally, I'd recommend learning LaTeX over Plain TeX. More people use it (as far as I can tell) so you're more likely to get answers to your questions and it provides more prebuilt commands. If you're a programmer, think "LaTeX is to C as Plain TeX is to assembly la...

From LaTeX to TeX
Greetings! As I get more confident with LaTeX and strive to do more and more complex things (which I know are possible, after seeing), I seem to come across a lot of TeX commands. Is this supposed to happen? Shouldn't LaTeX wrap all of TeX's functionality? And if not, what's the proper way to include these commands? Since more people must have come across this stage, could someone point me to useful resources on LaTeX - TeX integration? Yours faithfully, Renato Serodio no_spam_rdrs@gmx.de, In a message on 19 Jan 2004 16:11:40 GMT, wrote : n> Greetings! n> n&...

TEXT FONTS
.. text fonts : http://su365.su/text-fonts/2965 ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ...

TeX/LaTeX Survey & a LaTeX/PDF Presentation Demo
I still have an ongoing TeX/LaTeX survey at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dp=ADstory/eqExam/tex_survey.pdf If you are at all interested in sharing your TeX profile, please fill out the survey. See http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2005-2/story-survey/ for a summary of results to date. There is a restriction of two submittals per platform, in an attempt to avoid abuse of the suvey. Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher is required on Windows is required, and Reader 7.0 or higher for Mac and Linux is needed. -------------- I have also made available a demo file, in case you missed it, illustrating a new co...

Fonts in LaTeX
Is this the proper group in which to ask about Mac-specific usage with LaTeX features that one once knew about on another system? Hearing no denials yet, I proceed: How would I get a good Garamond family installed in my TeX setup? It's gwtex, based, it says, on texlive. I really don't need to get an Adobe font and adapt it from scratch at a low level; just to use something already made, that works. Like what I have had available for the last dozen years elsewhere, which would be Adobe Garamond using whatzisname's implementation with the "pad" names. But...

Font for $\text{...}$
What font is used for \text{} regions within math mode? (I'm using amsmath, if that matters?) If, as I assume, it is the default text font, how can I change it to something else? —Joel Salomon On Sep 23, 5:36=A0pm, "Joel C. Salomon" <joelcsalo...@gmail.com> wrote: > What font is used for \text{} regions within math mode? =A0(I'm using > amsmath, if that matters?) > > If, as I assume, it is the default text font, how can I change it to > something else? > > =97Joel Salomon It uses the current text font. What effect do you want to achieve? You can use standard font-change commands inside \text. -- Joseph Wright Joseph Wright wrote: > On Sep 23, 5:36 pm, "Joel C. Salomon" <joelcsalo...@gmail.com> wrote: >> What font is used for \text{} regions within math mode? (I'm using >> amsmath, if that matters?) >> >> If, as I assume, it is the default text font, how can I change it to >> something else? > > It uses the current text font. What effect do you want to achieve? You > can use standard font-change commands inside \text. I confused \text with \mathrm; sorry for the noise. —Joel Salomon ...

Web resources about - LaTeX font warning - comp.text.tex

Storm Warning (2007 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rob and Pia, a couple who are out for a day of sailing become lost in a heavy storm and end up on a desolate island. They come across a barn ...

WARNING: Malware Targets Brazil’s Facebook Users
Microsoft discovered malware aimed at obtaining Facebook users’ login information and taking over their accounts, and the new malware strain, ...

Coal marketing should come with a health warning
A new marketing campaign ignores the realities of the price of coal.

Essendon's gentle warning to Kevin Sheedy about anti-WADA comments
Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell says he spoke to Kevin Sheedy following the four-time premiership coach's controversial comments earlier ...

'You deserve to get flashed': Motorists flashed despite high-vis warning
A Perth roadside activist says he can't believe drivers would blatantly ignore a highly visible warning about a nearby multanova and get nabbed ...

Diluted bleach mixture touted as 'miracle cure' despite Health Canada warnings, the fifth estate finds ...
... church as a miracle cure for everything from cancer to HIV/AIDS and autism — is being promoted and sold in Canada, despite Health Canada warnings ...

Broadcast of Amber Alert warning interrupts television, startles viewers
An Amber Alert warning issued by the Ontario Provincial Police Sunday evening prompted the first broadcast of the new national public alert system ...

Banks Place Canadian Oil Companies On Watch List, In Early Warning Sign Of Trouble 18
CIBC, RBC, Scotia each added nine oil firms to their watch lists. The companies' names are secret. CALGARY — They are the early warning signs ...

Falling Earnings, Recession Warning
There's a link, but it isn't a sure thing.

Morning Rounds: Ovarian cancer, warning signs for cardiac arrest - Videos - CBS News
... die. Also, each year there are over 350,000 out-of-hospital cases of sudden cardiac arrest, but recent research suggests there may be warning ...