Latex: \rput* not rotating tex

I'm placing a graph onto a page and want to label the vertical axes with
text running along the axes, i.e vertical

I understood \rput*[]{90}(x,y){some text} would do this.

Unfortunately it doesn't and I can work out what the problem is.
Assistance sought.

TIA

Currently is print  'xtension, e mm.' but horizontally

Latex excerp is below

\psset{xunit=10mm, yunit=5mm}
\begin{pspicture}(2,10)(14,35)
\scalebox{1 1}{
	\psaxes*[Ox=9,Oy=15,Dx=1,Dy=1](9,15)(15,15)(9,33)
	\psdots(10.0,16)(10.5,18)(11.0,22)(11.5,25)(12.0,26)(12.5,30)
	\rput[c](11.5,12.5){mass, M grams}
	\rput*[l]{L}(7.0,20){Extension, e mm.}
}
\end{pspicture}

bear wrote:
> I'm placing a graph onto a page and want to label the vertical axes with
> text running along the axes, i.e vertical
>
> I understood \rput*[]{90}(x,y){some text} would do this.
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't and I can work out what the problem is.
> Assistance sought.

do not view the dvi output -> PSTricks ist PostScript

Herbert

--
http://PSTricks.de/
http://TeXnik.de/

tamil latex
Bonjour, Is there a way to typeset tamil words, using LaTeX, in a text. I tried sinhala package but it seems that this package is incomplete: when you read the manual it seems that putting the command "#TAMIL" will switch the indica preprocessor to Tamil language but I can only get errors messages while latex-compiling the result.... Thank you -- Fran�ois Patte Universit� Paris 5 - Paris ...

Rotate around non-origin pivot point?
I use the following method to rotate a point around the origin. public void rotate(float a) { a = (float)Math.toRadians((double)a); float xtemp; xtemp = (x * (float)Math.cos(a)) - (y * (float)Math.sin(a)); y = (x * (float)Math.sin(a)) + (y * (float)Math.cos(a)); x = xtemp; } However I want to rotate the point around a given pivot point e.g. 200,200. I can't work out how to modify the above code so I can take in two x and y co-ords to define the pivot point. Any ideas? Si wrote: > I use the following method to rotate a point around the origin. > > pu...

Register one image with another that has been both translated and rotated
Hello, I am having some difficulties with image registration, and was hoping to get some help. My application involves a camera that takes images every so often, the objects within them move uniformly (you can think of this as the camera is moving over stationary objects). The difference between the images will be BOTH a translation and rotation of the entire image, with potentially large portions of one image being outside that of the other (a significant overlap, but still should be plenty to properly register the images). I need a method that can extract the translation (in pixels) and rot...

Re: rotating column headings in proc report
The following SUGI paper presents methods for using this in the style(header)= statement. http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi28/012-28.pdf Sincerely yours, Mark J. Lamias -----Original Message----- From: William Kossack [mailto:kossackw@NJC.ORG] Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 4:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: rotating column headings in proc report Is it possible to rotate the column labels in proc report? ...

LaTeX calendar package, yearly and monthly
I'm trying to construct a calendar with a complete year on one page, followed by each month on its own page ... and it mostly works. The problem is the headers. \documentclass{article} \usepackage[english]{babel} %\usepackage{calendar} \usepackage{yearly} \usepackage{monthly} %\usepackage{yearly} \begin{document} \begin{yearly}{}{} 2000 Jan 01 \end{yearly} \clearpage \begin{yearly}{ title={TITLE Y}, labels={WE,TH,FR,SA,SU,MO,TU}, firstday=3, }{} 2000 Jan 01 \end{yearly} \clearpage \begin{monthly}{}{} 2000 Jan 01 \end{monthly} \clearpage \begin{monthly}{ title={TITLE M}, labels={WE,...

Filled boxes and latex
Hi! I want to create a bar chart with filled boxes and include this in my latex-file (because of using same fonts and formula-styles all over my Master's Thesis). With 'set terminal x11' everything works fine, but with 'set terminal latex' there are only boxes with different frames created. Also I tried different fill-styles, but none worked. I'm looking for a way to fill my boxes with section-linigs or with shades of grey. Can you give me any hints, how I could solve my problem? (I'm using gnuplot 4.0, patchlevel 0) Regards, Rainer Rainer Wunde...

Bookplate in LaTeX?
Does anyone have a nice LaTeX bookplate (ex-libris) they can pass on? (I didn't find any in the online TeX catalogue.) -- Timothy Murphy e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366 s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland Timothy Murphy wrote: > Does anyone have a nice LaTeX bookplate (ex-libris) > they can pass on? > (I didn't find any in the online TeX catalogue.) I did a row of book spines in LaTeX for amusement while I was ill some time last year, so I have added an _ex libris_ :-) http://latex.silmaril.ie/bookplate...

|*** TRANSPARENT LATEX ***|
.. click here to enter::: >>> http://su365.su/transparent-latex/100 <<< ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` transparent latex ` ` ` ...

CV in LaTeX
Hi! Sorry if this is a FAQ (if it is, could you please point me to where it is?). I need to make my CV in LaTeX. So far, I have only found ugly templates on the net. The result I currently have is http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0326858/CV_en_10-03-05.pdf I would like something more fancy with colors, frames (eg. having a coloured bar in the background of each title - and not just behind the words of the title but on the whole line) etc. What would you recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Deimos. On 2005-05-25, Deimos wrote: > Hi! > > > Sorry if this is a F...

Hot! Sale 100% Naturel Latex Standard Pillow,Massager Pillow,Latex Baby Pillow,Latex Car Pillow, Latex Ergonomic Pillow,Latex Cushion,Latex Mattresses
100% Naturel Latex Standard Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Massager Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Latex Baby Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Latex Car Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/, Latex Ergonomic Pillow http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Latex Cushion http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/,Latex Mattresses http://aoatrade.en.china.cn/ ...

Invoking latex several times in one Makefile
Hello everybody out there using LaTeX, Is it possible to invoke latex several times within the same Makefile? I'm trying to build a document using LaTeX and the following makefile: default: mydoc.dvi mydoc.bbl mydoc.dvi: mydoc.tex latex mydoc.tex mydoc.bbl: mydoc.aux bibtex mydoc.aux If i run make, the two files mydoc.dvi and mydoc.bbl are created as one expects. However, in order to include the bibliography in the mydoc.dvi file, I have to run "latex mydoc.tex" again from the command-line and even one more time to include the bibliography in the table of contents. What do I...

Problem in placing figures/tables in STUB column (latex 2e)
How to place the floats in stub column layout in Latex 2e. i.e. Figures and tables. Is there any style available for placing the figures or tables in stub column layout. Or is there any macro available in Latex stub column styles. Please suggest me as soon as possible. Thanks.. Raju ...

Strange problem making EPS swatch from LaTeX file
Howdy all! I have long been using a little shell script (uusing gwTeX, now TeXLive 2007 from TUG's MacTeX distro, now on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2) to produce EPS for use as labels in graphics to be included in LaTeX docs. The shell script loads packages, sets up the environment and the fonts used, imports the tiny little .tex file, then runs LaTeX and dvips. The setup part of the shell (/bin/sh) script includes: cat > $TEXTMP.tex << 'EOF' \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage{lucidbry} \usepackage{amsbsy} \usepackage{marvosym} \thispagestyle{empty} \begin{docum...

Image Orientation/Rotation Direction (NM)
Dear all, maybe someone can clarify this: as far as I understand it, DICOM uses a right-handed coordinate system as defined in image orientation etc. The definition of Rotation Direction in the NM TOMO module doesn't seem to fit into that, because it's stated in 0054,0200: "Viewing from the patient's feet, angle increases in a counterclockwise direction". Shouldn't that be "clockwise"? Thanks, Max ...

rotate + crop result
Hi, When I use the "clip result" option of the rotate tool, the regions outside the original image frame are clipped correctly, but there are still some transparent regions that I don't want inside the frame. Sometime I can just clone some part of the image into those regions but most of the time I have to crop the image to remove them. This crop operation could be done automatically, is there an option somewhere to do that? Cropping by hand isn't very easy if you don't want to loose to many pixels... and I'm a bit lazy :) thanks, Hi, On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:58:...

LaTeX
Hello. I wish to include my .sci files automaticaly into my LyX/LaTeX document. Does anyone know how can I do this and get some formating of the code, like at least put it into a \verbatim environment? Alright, I wrote a quick and dirty perl program that turns your scilab code into a highlighted alltt-environment. There are some bugs left, like it seems to be some extra space at some places, why, I don't know. disp(2); sin(2)*cos(44); is transformed into disp(2); sin(2)* cos(44); Not perfect, but sufficient for the moment. http://w1.463.comhem.se/~u46307480/Scila...

Converting Degree based data set to Rotation set
Okay I have a large ammount of data capture which gives rotation as x y z in degrees (ie -4.48 - 67.77 2.41) does anyone have a uitlity that can convert en masse to x y z a (ie - 0.8806 -0.0158 0.4735 0.0888) for use in vrml automaticaly? as the data set is 19 * 1349 rotations it will take me for ever to do it manualy though one of the calculors Regs D -- =================================================== "the soul never thinks without an image" Aristotle, De Anima, 431a16 ----------------------------...

Wait for the new LaTeX Companion or buy the new "A guide to LaTeX" now?
I have been using LaTeX for about two years; I feel quite at ease with it now, but I would like to learn some advanced topics, so I want to buy a good book. The new edition of "A Guide to LATEX", by Helmut Kopka and Patrick W. Daly came out in December 2003. 624 pages, amazon.co.uk sells it for � 26.59. The new edition of the LaTeX Companion ( http://www.awprofessional.com/isapi/product_id~{B92DA302-1CC3-4981-8346- 5044D07FA5D9}/catalog/product.asp ) is due to be released by the end of April and will be about twice as big: 1152 pages. Do you think it's worth waiting til...

Help rotating shapes and heiarchies
I'm having some trouble with heiarchies. I have to program a robot made of cubes and rectangles. Below I have code that rotates the robot's upper arm around the shoulder axis, and rotates the robot's lower arm around the elbow axis. Since the lower arm is attached to the upper, the lower arm must also rotate around the shoulder axis. I could program this manually, easily enough. After a rotation of the lower arm around the elbow axis, I move it back to the z-axis, rotate it rightShoulerAngle, then move it back where it should be. I think there must be a better way by just reorderi...

understanding latex.ltx
Hello group, Is there some sort of docs for the latex base, in order to understand the constructions in latex.ltx and the like? Reason is that browsing through I just stumbled across the lines \newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa \newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa \newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa\newdimen\@gtempa \newdimen\@gtempa and I really can't see why this would make any sense... Ciao, H. -- Hendrik Maryns Fichtenweg 19 Zi. 9 D-72076 T�bingen Deutschland/Duitsland +491753353494 (Deutschland) +...

Hyphen a long url with (pdf)LaTeX automatically when compilling the tex source file.
Hi all, Consider the following scenario: 1- I've a very long url: http://very/long/url/here/ 2- This url may be appear several times in different context of my documentation. 3- I want (pdf)LaTeX automatically determine the hyphenation points according to the context of this url. Is it possible to achieve this aim? Thanks in advance. Regards, -- ..: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :. On 2009-03-03 13:13:24 +1030, Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> said: > 1- I've a very long url: url.sty Will On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:14:36 +1030, Will ...

cyrillic with emacs and latex
Hello everybody! I am a user of Sun Solaris computers. Usually I write my papers in latex with emacs. I want to use latex for writing cyrillic text and want to have russian letters in emacs. As many people have said to me, I use cyrillic language environment, which is under the Mule menu, and cyrillic input method, again under Mule menu. In this way I get dvi file with cyrillic text, but I get two problems. First in emacs there are rectangles instead of cyrillic letters. Second when I close emacs, and open it again nothing seems to work. Can anybody help me with the problem? Farhad "F...

Economics Graphs in LaTeX
Hi, can anybody point me to an example .tex file where I can see how nicely one can produce the different graphs for economics theory, like for example production and utility functions, production possibility frontiers, etc.? Thanks a million, Bob "Bob" <frotty22@yahoo.com> writes: > can anybody point me to an example .tex file where I can see how nicely > one can produce the different graphs for economics theory, like for > example production and utility functions, production possibility > frontiers, etc.? This is a rather general question form my point of ...

\marginpar in latex
Hello, My problem is: how the command "\marginpar" works in latex (the general principle, not the technical details). I have looked in the latex source file and I have spent hours to try to understand the trick, but I it was over my head. I am bulding my own format and all the solutions I have found to put right marginal notes are imperfect: if the line containing the right marginal note contains a \vbox of depth greater than the \baseline, then my right marginal note appear below the current line, what latex know how to avoid. Please, is there anyone who is able to explain me what...

LaTeX resouce list
as I advertised in my regional papers last fall: This paper was typeset in \LaTeX. For further information about using \LaTeX to write your SUG paper, consult the SAS-L archives: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=sas-l Search for : The subject is or contains: LaTeX The author's address : RJF2 Since : 01 June 2003 or more accurately: Since : 13 Jan 2004 Comprehensive TeX Archive http://www.ctan.org TeX Users Group (TUG) http://www.tug.org/ TeX Live, TUG's distribution of TeX. http://www.tug.org/texlive/ > From: ...