Latex: \rput* not rotating tex

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I'm placing a graph onto a page and want to label the vertical axes with
text running along the axes, i.e vertical

I understood \rput*[]{90}(x,y){some text} would do this.

Unfortunately it doesn't and I can work out what the problem is.
Assistance sought.

TIA

Currently is print  'xtension, e mm.' but horizontally

Latex excerp is below

\psset{xunit=10mm, yunit=5mm}
\begin{pspicture}(2,10)(14,35)
\scalebox{1 1}{
	\psaxes*[Ox=9,Oy=15,Dx=1,Dy=1](9,15)(15,15)(9,33)
	\psdots(10.0,16)(10.5,18)(11.0,22)(11.5,25)(12.0,26)(12.5,30)
	\rput[c](11.5,12.5){mass, M grams}
	\rput*[l]{L}(7.0,20){Extension, e mm.}
}
\end{pspicture}

0
Reply newsthreespam-spam (3) 5/4/2006 11:55:37 AM

See related articles to this posting

bear wrote:
> I'm placing a graph onto a page and want to label the vertical axes with
> text running along the axes, i.e vertical
>
> I understood \rput*[]{90}(x,y){some text} would do this.
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't and I can work out what the problem is.
> Assistance sought.

do not view the dvi output -> PSTricks ist PostScript

Herbert

--
http://PSTricks.de/
http://TeXnik.de/

0
Reply Herbert.Voss1 (714) 5/4/2006 12:00:56 PM
comp.text.tex 36162 articles. 68 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

From LaTeX to TeX
Greetings! As I get more confident with LaTeX and strive to do more and more complex things (which I know are possible, after seeing), I seem to come across a lot of TeX commands. Is this supposed to happen? Shouldn't LaTeX wrap all of TeX's functionality? And if not, what's the proper way to include these commands? Since more people must have come across this stage, could someone point me to useful resources on LaTeX - TeX integration? Yours faithfully, Renato Serodio no_spam_rdrs@gmx.de, In a message on 19 Jan 2004 16:11:40 GMT, wrote : n> Greetings! n> n&...

TeX/LaTeX Survey & a LaTeX/PDF Presentation Demo
I still have an ongoing TeX/LaTeX survey at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dp=ADstory/eqExam/tex_survey.pdf If you are at all interested in sharing your TeX profile, please fill out the survey. See http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2005-2/story-survey/ for a summary of results to date. There is a restriction of two submittals per platform, in an attempt to avoid abuse of the suvey. Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher is required on Windows is required, and Reader 7.0 or higher for Mac and Linux is needed. -------------- I have also made available a demo file, in case you missed it, illustrating a new co...

tex or latex?
I wish to learn tex. Can someone advise which is easier to learn and which is better - tex or latex? And where can I find a beginner's tutorial on any of these? Secondly, there are lots to tex and latex packages available. Which one do I need to install to use tex or latex? Regards, mowgli On May 20, 8:31 pm, mowgli <knowledgel...@gmail.com> wrote: > I wish to learn tex. Can someone advise which is easier to learn and > which is better - tex or latex? And where can I find a beginner's > tutorial on any of these? The "not so short guide to Latex" is a good ...

on tex and latex
Hi there. I have a question more strictly about latex, but the only group I found on my news server is alt.sex.fetish.latex. I've been reading the TeXbook, and I now I've been wondering why we have a latex executable in the distribution of latex. My distribution is pdfetex which seems to replace tex entirely. Reading the TeXbook, it seems that TeX, as designed in the book, seems powerful enough to allow abstractions written in pure TeX code. Apparently, there's something called e-TeX which pdfetex is a derivative, so I suppose there are extensions on the capabilities of Knuth...

Tex and LaTex
I am looking for BSD compatible versions of Tex/LaTex and the usual supporting programs/macros that support the typsetting languages. Knuth's homepage led me to CTAN and TUG, but the TexLive distribution seems to be for Linux. Is there a FreeBSD compatible version, and if so, where can I find it? Thanks -- Mark Perreault In article <bk8vqo$okt$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, Two Ravens wrote: > Mark Perreault wrote: >> I am looking for BSD compatible versions of Tex/LaTex and the usual >> supporting programs/macros that support the typsetting languag...

cygwin latex problem: latex.exe points to pdfetex.exe and not to tex.exe , why?
hi; I think my PC is possessed with some spirit that is playing tricks on me. 2 days ago I made complete new fresh installation of cygwin 1.5.18 (latest) which includes complete tex installation. I always select to install everything. now, when I run the command latex, it invokes pdfetex instead: ----------------------- $ which latex /usr/bin/latex $ ls -l /usr/bin/latex lrwxrwxrwx 1 win Users 11 Jul 11 23:33 /usr/bin/latex -> pdfetex.exe --------------------------- when I go to the earlier cygwin installation (I copied that to the side before), I see it was pointing to tex.exe i...

LaTeX SUGpaper.tex
%% This is file SUGpaper.tex \documentclass[10pt]{article} \usepackage{sugconf}%SUGconf.sty \setboolean{PageNumbers}{true}\pagestyle{plain} %\setboolean{PageNumbers}{false}\pagestyle{empty} \papernumber{Paper 999-29}%SUGI 2004 must have \usepackage{sugconf} %\papernumber{CC015}%NESUG 2003must have \usepackage{sugconf} \title{%use double backslash for newline: line1\\line2 A Modest Proposal: \\ Using \LaTeX2e to write your SAS User Group paper }%title closure \author{%use double backslash for newline: line1\\line2 Ronald Fehd\\The Company, MyCity, State, Province,...

TeX/LaTeX Survey
Several years ago, I posted a TeX/LaTeX survey, It was down for a couple of years for various reasons not under my control. Now, it is up again. Therefore I solite your opinions on TeX/LaTeX. Some of the questions may be out of date. I hope to get many more responses, and to publish the results. The survey is at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/eqexam.html about half-way down the page. On 2010-01-18, dpstory@uakron.edu <dpstory@uakron.edu> wrote: > Several years ago, I posted a TeX/LaTeX survey, It was down for a > couple of years for various reasons not ...

iPad and TeX/LaTeX
Hello all, After today's unveiling of the iPad, I was wondering if it will be possible in the future to have a full fledge TeX implementation for iPhone OS to run on iPad. For those who use Pages or similar products, there will be available tools to compose documents. For those of us who use TeX/LaTeX and will own an iPad, a complete TeX implementation can prove very helpful. From what I read, the CPU power should be more than enough. What are your thoughts on this subject? Has anyone tried to make TeX Live run on iPhone OS? Best, Hooman Javidnia On Jan 27, 8:50=A0pm, Hooman <hooman...

A successor to TeX/Latex?
Hi all, I shall speak the heresy unto ye. I find TeX code (the programming part) almost unreadable, in part because I did not RTFM, but I never did because as useful as TeX/Latex are, I believe there is something inherently problematic in the design of TeX. But I must ask, has anyone here ever thought that same, that perhaps TeX is not well designed and perhaps there is need for developing an alternative to TeX wherein the programming part is more easy to digest? For instance, one could take a hint from PHP, which has textual sections and code sections completely separated rather than inte...

convert tex to latex
i have an old tex file i want to convert to latex. How to do that ? In article <1154029737.183542.45610@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, mintoo wrote: > i have an old tex file i want to convert to latex. How to do that ? Why would you want to do that? Running your old tex file through tex should just work. -- Maarten Bergvelt Because i want to modify it add some more intermediate equations to it Maarten Bergvelt wrote: > In article <1154029737.183542.45610@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, mintoo wrote: > > i have an old tex file i want to convert to latex. How ...

TeX (or LaTeX) under Linux
Hello. I would first like to thank you for reading my post. ---------------Hisory of the Question (FYI: not important to the quiestion)----------------- I have alwayse admired Linux (and UNIX) from afar, promising myself someday to have the time to learn it. I rescently got a job as a research assistant, where one of my primary duties was to get a grossly large software construct to run on a brand new fresh cluster (running linux of course), and also to program a large software package that would work with the output from this large construct. In doing so, I fell in love with linux, and now ...

Plain TeX in LaTeX
I was recently told by someone fairly knowledgeable about TeX and LaTeX that, in LateX, one can turn off LaTeX and get it to behave just like Plain TeX. If this is true, how is it done? This is my last posting from the email address below because the machine on which my account resides is being decommissioned. It may be some time before I post to USENET newsgroups again, but I will still be able to read replies via dejanews in the meantime. -- Ignorantly, Allan Adler <ara@zurich.csail.mit.edu> * Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT CSAIL. My actions and * comments do ...

Where is LaTeX/TeX headed?
With this little ranting about LaTeX & Co, I would just like to spark the discussion as to where Latex & Co should go. I have long hesitated whether or not I should release these ramblings into the public, because I didn't want to tread on anybody's toes, or frustrate anybody (or get flamed ;-) ). I have been using LaTeX for about 20 years, and I produced many papers and 2 books with it. All of them were in the area of computer science. I am still fairly happy with LaTeX. However, from my experience, there are a few major issues. Please don't get me wrong when reading t...

Difference between TeX and LaTeX
What is the difference between TeX and LaTeX? -- Alex Vinokur http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn "Alex Vinokur" <alexvn@big-foot.com> writes: > What is the difference between TeX and LaTeX? You may want to read the FAQ sections "What is TeX" (http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=whatTeX) and "What is LaTeX" (http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=latex) of the FAQ list --- and, I presume, a lot of other sections. -- Maurizio Loreti http://www.pd.i...

Limitations of LaTeX/TeX
Speaking as a long time LaTeX user, these, in my opinion are the three most serious drawbacks: 1. Fonts. Adding new fonts is **such** a pain. If you open a standard word processing software, there are several fonts to choose from. But in LaTeX, even switching to times requires some work (especially if there are equations). One gets really tired of CM fonts after sometime . . . 2. Supported graphics formats. Normally you can only use .ps and .eps files. These are vector graphics formats and are unsuited for bitmapped images (photographs). Also, many applications produce bad .eps files that ha...

Books on Tex, Latex
Contact me if interested in acquiring the following books in a bundle: The Latex Graphics Companion Illustrating documents with Tex and Postscript Michel Goossens, Sebastian Rahtz & Frank Mittelbach Addison-Wesley, 1997. The Latex Web Companion Integrating Tex, HTML and XML Michel Goossens & Sebastian Rahtz Addison-Wesley, 1999. Latex User's Guide and Reference Manual (2nd edition) Leslie Lamport Addison-Wesley, 1994. The Latex Companion Michel Goossens, Frank Mittelbach & Alexander Samarin Addison-Wesley, 1994. The Latex Companion (2nd edition) Michel Goossens, Frank Mitt...

TeX and LaTeX history
Hello, I'm just curious... When were TeX and LaTeX first released? I don't want to know the exact day-month-year, the year alone will suffice. I read the TeX Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeX) but it is not very clear... TeX? 1977? 1978? LaTeX? 1983? 1984? 1985? My only certainties are: TeX 1.0 : 1983 TeX 3.0 : 1990 (taken from ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/systems/knuth/errata/errorlog.tex) Thanks. fctk wrote: > Hello, > > I'm just curious... When were TeX and LaTeX first released? I don't want > to know the exact day-month-year...

rotation of labels with LaTeX
Hello, I want to use labels using LaTeX format, as for example: ylabel('$\displaystyle\frac{c^G_{\phi\phi}}{\Sigma x_i^2 k^s_{zz}}$','interpreter','latex') but then I find that a can not rotate it to 90�. Is there any solution to this? Thanks > I want to use labels using LaTeX format, as for example: > > ylabel('$\displaystyle\frac{c^G_{\phi\phi}}{\Sigma x_i^2 > k^s_{zz}}$','interpreter','latex') > > but then I find that a can not rotate it to 90=BA. Is there > any solution to this? Hi! Are you sure that you did the ...

No TeX/LaTeX switches?
Am I right in thinking that there used to be a way of defining a macro on the tex or latex command line, with something like tex -dfoo=bar test ? Timothy Murphy <gayleard@eircom.net> writes: > Am I right in thinking that there used to be a way > of defining a macro on the tex or latex command line, > with something like > > tex -dfoo=bar test No. You can, however, place arbitrary TeX code on the command line. -- David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html> David Kastrup wrote: >...

TeX vs LaTeX?
What are major differences between the two? Can one mix TeX and LaTeX code in same file? How to compile this? Zach Zach schrieb: > What are major differences between the two? http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=whatTeX http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=latex http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=latex2e http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=plainvltx http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=LaTeXandPlain Probabely some other Topics in the FAQ are also of interest. Harry -- Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farthe...

TeX and LaTeX for auction
I have listed the following TeX and LaTex books for auction on eBay: LaTeX by Leslie Lamport <a href = "http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3586298593">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3586298593</a> The Latex Companion by Frank Mittelbach and Michel Goossens <a href = "http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3586298967" >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3586298967</a> Joy of TeX by Michael Spivak <a href ="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&...

TeX/LaTeX and Windows
I want to learn how to write my mathematical papers in LaTeX (and TeX?). I am using Windows. What sofrware do I need to get and where? A good tutorial/primer would be nice too. Thanks! /David > I want to learn how to write my mathematical papers in LaTeX (and TeX?). > I am using Windows. What sofrware do I need to get and where? Miktex is the best Latex distro for Windows >A good > tutorial/primer would be nice too. gogle: not so short introduction to latex > Thanks! > > /David > David Rasmussen wrote: > I want to learn how to write my mathematical paper...

GViM/ViM and TeX/LaTeX
Has any one tried to integrate GViM/ViM with TeX/LaTeX in order to facilitate the development process? I'm not particularly fond of using Emacs and I am currently figuring out a way to tie the combination together. However, if someone has already done this then information concerning this would be of great help. Thanks. >>>>> "Daniw" == Daniw de Leon <news@daniw.com> writes: Daniw> Has any one tried to integrate GViM/ViM with TeX/LaTeX in order to Daniw> facilitate the development process? [...] http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/ I like i...