Less verbose latex output?

When I look at the latex command-line output, I sometimes overlook errors or
warnings due to the lots of messages latex displays. It it possible to tell
latex to report errors and warnings only?

Boris Hollas
0
No.hollas (8)

Boris_Hollas, nel messaggio  <c60n6s$5t8$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>,
scriveva:

>When I look at the latex command-line output, I sometimes overlook errors or
>warnings due to the lots of messages latex displays. It it possible to tell
>latex to report errors and warnings only?

A LaTeX aware editor can parse the output for you, so maybe you don't need
to worry too much about latex verbosity; it's very likely though that your
latex recognize a -quiet switch. Try "latex --help" for further
information.

Ciao.
0
zezzagio (53)
4/19/2004 3:32:09 PM
Boris_Hollas <No.hollas@informatik.uni-ulm.de.Spam> wrote in message news:<c60n6s$5t8$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>...
> When I look at the latex command-line output, I sometimes overlook errors or
> warnings due to the lots of messages latex displays. It it possible to tell
> latex to report errors and warnings only?
>
> Boris Hollas

the following is an extract from the miktex (latex on Windows) manual:

The command-line switch -quiet suppresses all diagnostic messages. No
screen output is produced, unless there are errors. The -quiet
command-line switch implies -c-style-errors and
-interaction=batchmode, i.e. errors are shown in a "C style form" and
do not stop the compilation process.

For example, the input file foo.tex

Example 5.1. foo.tex

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
What's \This?
\end{documnt}

would cause TeX to print one error message, as in

C:\> latex -quiet foo.tex
foo.tex:3: Undefined control sequence
C:\>

i'm not sure if it'll work on a *nix type system...but hey...you didnt
specify your O.S....

all the best
Mike
0
dinekes (14)
4/19/2004 10:40:40 PM
Hello Joe,

my latex doesn't recognize -quiet. I use the latex from the
tetex-installation for Unix.

Boris
0
No.hollas (8)

What is the output of the following code?
Can somebody explain the output? #include <stdio.h> #define f(a,b) a##b #define g(a) #a #define h(a) g(a) int main() { printf("%s\n",h(f(1,2))); printf("%s\n",g(f(1,2))); return 0; } On 08/20/10 03:34 PM, asdfghjk wrote: > #include<stdio.h> > #define f(a,b) a##b > #define g(a) #a > #define h(a) g(a) > > int main() > { > printf("%s\n",h(f(1,2))); > printf("%s\n",g(f(1,2))); > return 0; > ...

Can Latex tell me which pages my chapter 1 resides on?
Comp.text.tex Ok, lets make this short. All I want to know is how do I figure out what page numbers start and end a chapter in a multi-chapter document after I latex the entire document? (Please don't tell me to look at the doc in a ps/pdf viewer to figure out the page numbers, I want to know these at latex run time) Thanks Alvin Alvin Das wrote: > Comp.text.tex > > Ok, lets make this short. All I want to know is how do I figure out what > page numbers start and end a chapter in a multi-chapter document after I > latex the entire document? If you want to refer to som...

PDFWriter
I'm sending an existing visual basic generated report to Adobe PDFWriter for saving as a PDF document. It works nicely except for one major issue. Much of the text in the resulting PDF document appears as control characters or ascii. Some text does appear correct though. Images and general appearance of the output are correct. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? If so, can you recommend a solution or where to start looking for the problem? I figure it's either in my code that sets the text fonts or formatting. Or it's with the PDFWriter driver settings. There are many set...

Re: SAS Basic Things (Fullscreen and Output Pagedefinition) #2
> From: toby989 [mailto:toby989@HOTPOP.COM] > Thanks a lot Ronald. you're welcome; I'm just one of your assets here on SAS-L. > > RTFM on Display Manager commands > > I think the command would be: > > dm output 'page off' ; > > which would go in your autoexec > > I am so unexperienced that I even do not know the probably > most basic appreviations. Whats RTFM? <sigh> sometimes I forget -The- most important quote in my .sig see also the Jargon Dictionary http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/r.html#RTFM Ron Fehd the macro maven ...

Ball-less commercials
While on the subject of dorky iDevice commercials from Apple. Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jlK5pSfAFEc it seems that you could somehow not look particularly dorky while not being a completely badass eurostyle sexsale (IO wonder where that idea originated) commercials I somhow suspect that the budget for that was significantly lower that what apple paid for their 100% cheese advertising (I really want to puke when I see their borderline corny stuff). On 2014-04-28 07:09:30 +0000, I hate front wheel drive, most torque must go to the rear said: ...

OS-less first executable how ?
Hi (not really todo with verilog. but someone here must know.) Someone must know how to do this. Please please help. I'm testing a new cpu. The CPU fetches PC from 0x00000000 and SP from 0x00000004 upon reset. How to I link a small crt0.s and any ELF a.out to test the cpu? (It's a simple program only testing IO.) void test_fun(int* x) { int i;for (i=0;i<0x100000;i++) x[i]=i; } void main(){ int* x=0x100000; while (1) test_fun(x); } I only have vauge idea that the crt0.s should look like this: (I could be wrong.) ..section .text ..long _main ..long ...

Newbie Question on LaTeX 3 Programming
Hello, I am learning the new LaTeX3 Programming System and try to rewrite some LaTeX2 packages using the new syntax. I would like to know how to create commands with command name being compounded and/or processed by some another LaTeX-command at definition-time. example: (LaTeX2e) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= --- \documentclass{article} %%% Transforming command: %% Transforms absolute path '/Path/=85/Path/Class' to string 'Path@=85 @Path@Class' % -- \TransformAbsolutePathToString{Path} \newcommand{\TransformAbsolutePathToStrin...

LaTeX, is this possible?
Hi, I've tried the following two things, but both do'nt work: \section{\textsc{test}}: small caps does not work... \paragraph{$z=0$}: z=0 does not appear in boldface (also \mathbf doesn't work)... Is there a way to make this work? Thanks. Stefan I use: Win98 MikTex 2.2 WinEdt 5.3 On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:49:35 +0200 "Stefan" <S.C.L.vandeVenNO@SPAMstudent.tudelft.nl> wrote: > \section{\textsc{test}}: small caps does not work... Look at TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=secthead Guldo I'm not sure if I got your point, but the fo...

Jeff Relf
I was bored. So I figure I'd replicate his code with something readable in as few lines of code as possible. zeke-l>jrtest "123" Converting '123' to binary. 00110001 00110010 00110011 zeke-l>jrtest "Hello world" Converting 'Hello world' to binary. 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100 using namespace std; int main(int argc, char** argv){ if(argc != 2){ cout << "Usage error: " << argv[0] << " <text to convert>\n"; ...

breaking lines in "ylabel" for latex
hey I am having trouble breaking the ylabel into two lines. The gnuplot command I used was set ylabel "name\\ ($unit$)" But it always shows, in the latex file, like this name (unit) and the (unit) part overlaps with the graph. Anybody knows how to make the latex line breaker "\\" work? Thanks, Yulin Yulin Chang <ychang@artsci.wustl.edu> wrote: > hey I am having trouble breaking the ylabel into two lines. The gnuplot > command I used was > set ylabel "name\\ ($unit$)" > But it always shows, in the latex fil...

more of less or less of more?
I am lead dba for a project to implement 10G RAC at our company. We currently have several small applications running on independant Oracle databases and are looking to consolidatethose to a single RAC deployment. I am having an ongoing argument with my boss regarding the architecture of said RAC. My understanding is that Oracle recommends more, smaller, boxes (2 CPU with 8 GB RAM) as opposed to fewer larger boxes (4 CPU and up). His argument is that 2 - 4 CPU boxes will give you better performance than 4 - 2 CPU boxes. I know that I have seen white papers that discuss this very point an...

Stopped (tty output)
Hello, I'm having this problem; my TclTk does not exit cleanly when I run it in background. I obtain this message: [4] + Stopped (tty output) Client.tcl Although, I don't understand why it does this, my exit button has this command: button .map.info.exit -text "EXIT" -command {puts "OK"; flush stdout ; destroy .; exit} \ -font medfont -fg red -bg bisque -relief raised\ -activebackground green The "OK" does come out followed by the Stopped tty message. So I wonder what is exactly the "tty" is choking on. The client is standal...

Refurbished Canon Digital Camera: Quality Cameras For Less Money
When you venture out to buy a Canon digital camera, youre looking for the quality that Canon delivers. However, todays digital cameras are very expensive, especially the models that come with all the bells and whistles. Instead of buying a brand new model, however, why not try a refurbished Canon digital camera? A refurbished Canon digital camera is a camera that was once used but has been refurbished to be like new. The best part is that you arent paying full retail price for it. So, you get the quality youre looking for without spending loads of money. <a href=http://www.smartnfun.biz>...

required :Latex output
Hi all, I want my output of regression analysis in Latex output format. Do you know how to change from the normal output to Latex format in SPSS? Thanks. "susana" <srijanasapkota@gmail.com> writes: > I want my output of regression analysis in Latex output format. Do you > know how to change from the normal output to Latex format in SPSS? I'd like that too, but I hold out no hope. SPSS and LaTeX are, to put it mildly, on different planets. People who choose LaTeX are likely to choose R or Stata over SPSS. Correspondingly, the bulk of people using SPS...

Using Latex to create dynamic PDF
Hi all, I wish to create a dynamic PDF to use as a report. This report will, at the top level, have a list of companies. The user will click a company name and this will drill down to reveal a summary the transactions that company has done. Clicking on a type of transaction will reveal each individual transaction per user. Is this possible with Latex/PDF? Cheers Tim Prince Al wrote: > I wish to create a dynamic PDF to use as a report. This report will, > at the top level, have a list of companies. The user will click a > company name and this will drill down to reveal a summary ...

More Efficiency,More Benefit,Less Risk,Less Work!
TOP & BEST quality of products, high reputation, excellent services and professionalism are those that we used compete with others. We sincerely wish to cooperate with you and to make mutual benefit! We will be your first choice of suppliers for TOP quality products! please kindly visite our website: http://www.cnnshoe.com msn: cnnshoe2008@hotmail.com email: cnnshoe@gmail.com ...

Output To ASCII
This should be simple. In fact I feel bad having to ask. What is the most practical way to export one simple column to a external basic ASCII file? I have a third party's software that generates a report to an Excel file. I open an Excel file to process this data. I suck in the new data, rearrange to order of the fields and add leading/lagging zeros as needed. This is all compiled into one column on another sheet. Simple so far. Now to create a macro or whatever to export this as an ASCII file things get a little clumsy Any suggestions? Thanks in...

Comprehensive study Linux vs. Windows. Windows is faster and uses less memory.
Key quotes: o Transactions Per Minute were roughly equivalent for 2 - 150 user sessions. o Transactions Per Minute were up to 16% higher for MS Windows for 150 - 250 users. o At 250 users, Linux performed over 30% of sorts on disk instead of sorts in memory. (swapping) For all of these tests, Linux used 17% - 40% more memory than MS Windows Server. o At 3500 users, the Transactions Per Minute for MS Windows were 18% higher than the Linux Transactions Per Minute. o At 4000 users, MS Windows Server TPM continued to increase while the Linux test failed to complete. (linux fell over and di...

Having problems using BCP for CSV output
I have been using SQL Server 2005 for a total of 2 days and am trying to transfer table data from one server to another. For whatever reason the original operator only gave us the DB in a BAK file. The new server for security purpose won't accept that for a restore unless it was made on their server. I installed 2005 express and was able to restore on my computer. I was then able to brute force recover the table 'structure' on the new server. Now I need to recover the data however I need to do this with either a brute force SQL insert or import a CSV. So maybe if someone ...

Turn $6 Into 15,000.oo In 30 Days Or Less Using Paypal 100% Legal!!! "Noreply"
It Will Work� If you do as I have done! Just Do It! follow the 4 steps� $6.00 to $15,000.00 in 30 days! Steps: Follow the Logic, Just Do it and It will work� $$$ in 4 easy steps� 1. Set Up a Free Paypal Account. 2. Send $1.00 to six Email Accounts from your Paypal Account 3. Delete email address #1 and add your email address as #6. Move all others #2-#6 up one number 4. Copy and Post this entire Letter to Newsgroups, Messages Boards etc� Copy this exactly for you guidance to completing steps 1-4. You are in Business for yourself and you are Creating an E-mail List Company TURN $6 INTO $15,000 ...

redirecting output of process to a file using subprocess.Popen()
I am trying to redirect stderr of a process to a temporary file and then read back the contents of the file, all in the same python script. As a simple exercise, I launched /bin/ls but this doesn't work: #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess as proc import tempfile name = tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile(mode='w+b') print 'name is '+ name.name cmd = [] cmd.append('/bin/ls') cmd.append('-l') cmd.append('/tmp') p = proc.Popen(cmd, stdout=name, stderr=proc.STDOUT, close_fds=True) while True: ret = p.poll() if (ret is not None): output = name.read...

UPS With Hotswap Batteries 2200W or Less
We use the APC Symmetra UPS in our server room and lab, and I like it a lot. It has hotswap battery modules that you can just plug and play. You don't disconnect wires and you don't issue any commands to put the system in some special mode. The system autodetects both removal and insertion. Does anyone make a similar UPS on a much smaller scale, for use in individual user's rooms? I need hotswap batteries that have no wires to detach and could be changed out by a monkey. I don't want batteries that require all kinds of interactions with a console or flipping...

More Efficiency,More Benefit,Less Risk,Less Work!
More Efficiency,More Benefit,Less Risk,Less Work! TOP & BEST quality of products, high reputation, excellent services and professionalism are those that we used compete with others. We sincerely wish to cooperate with you and to make mutual benefit! We will be your first choice of suppliers for TOP quality products! please kindly visite our website: http://www.nikestore88.com msn: nikestore2008@hotmail.com email: nikestore2008@gmail.com ...

Re: Can you format PROC MEANS output?
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:42:39 -0500, Jack Clark <JClark@CHPDM.UMBC.EDU> wrote: >Hello, > > > >I was wondering if it is possible to format the SUM output of PROC MEANS, >specifically when you have multiple fields in the VAR statement and you want >different formats for each one? For this sort of customization PROC TABULATE is much better. Try something like proc tabulate data=test; class mco; var days cost; table mco * (days*f=comma14. cost*f=dollar12.), sum; run; > > > >The test data below represents an example of a report that is being &...

How to reference LaTeX itself?
Hi All: Just a quick question regarding how to reference LaTeX itself. What is the "accepted" way to include a reference to LaTeX in a document. For example, let's say I prepare a document using LaTeX and at the end I make a note: This document was prepared using the \LaTeX\ document preparation system (cite, year). I know standard references exist for programs like GMT and the statisitical software package "R", but am not sure what to use for LaTeX. See the one for "R" for what I mean: http://www.r-project.org/index.html Then go to: FAQs > Basics ...