Making a cmyk PDF

If I use xcolor and \definecolor exclusively to create CMYK colours,
how do I tell pdflatex to create a PDF that identifies itself as using
only the CMYK colorspace?

///Peter

On Feb 3, 7:28=A0am, Peter <anglebrac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I use xcolor and \definecolor exclusively to create CMYK colours,
> how do I tell pdflatex to create a PDF that identifies itself as using
> only the CMYK colorspace?

You'd need a chunk of code like to:

\immediate\pdfobj stream attr{/N 4}  file{sRGBIEC1966-2.1.icm}
\pdfcatalog{%
  /OutputIntents [ <<
  /Type /OutputIntent
  /S/GTS_PDFA1
  /DestOutputProfile \the\pdflastobj\space 0 R
  /OutputConditionIdentifier (sRGB IEC61966-2.1)
  /Info(sRGB IEC61966-2.1)
 >> ]
}

but you'd need to feed it a CMYK profile, and would have to ensure
that every element going in was defined as CMYK. More information
here:

http://support.river-valley.com/wiki/index.php?title=3DGenerating_PDF/A_com=
pliant_PDFs_from_pdftex

William
0
William
2/3/2011 1:41:35 PM
Am 03.02.2011 13:28, schrieb Peter:
> If I use xcolor and \definecolor exclusively to create CMYK colours,
> how do I tell pdflatex to create a PDF that identifies itself as using
> only the CMYK colorspace?

did you also \usepackage[cmyk]{xcolor} ?

Herbert
0
Herbert

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

plain TeX to make pdf form
Using plain Tex, I would like to make a pdf form (the kind that can be filled-in while viewing the form on Acrobat Reader). I saw some discussion of using hyperref but I am not sure how to do that with plain TeX. Thank you for any suggestions you may have. Georges ...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

How to make text copiable from pdf generated by ghostscript?
If you try to copy text from the following pdf (in Acrobat ctrl+C), you will see the copied text are not correct. I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this pdf file so that the text can be copied correctly. http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/raw-attachment/ticket/620/loader2000Fast.pdf On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:15:01 -0700 (PDT), Peng Yu wrote: > If you try to copy text from the following pdf (in Acrobat ctrl+C), > you will see the copied text are not correct. I'm wondering if there > is a way to fix this pdf file so that the text can be copied > correctly. > > ht...

How to make a text searcheable pdf from latex/dvi/ps
Hi, I am a newbie. There are three cases depending on whether I have latex source, dvi or just postscript. I have observed that when pdf is made from the postscript, it is not searcheable. This must be a systematic phenomena and not an accident of nature. Please explain what to do about it. Vasantha vasan999@hotmail.com wrote: > There are three cases depending on whether I have latex source, dvi or > just postscript. > > I have observed that when pdf is made from the postscript, it is not > searcheable. This must be a systematic phenomena and not an accident > of natur...

Q: Latex special to make pdf text unextractable
Can somebody advise on how to block text extraction from pdf's generated through latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf (a \special probably)? VK Among other things, VK@club.org saw fit to write: > Can somebody advise on how to block text extraction from pdf's generated > through latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf (a \special probably)? I don't know, but you could try using an external app *after* generating the pdf, something like pdftk: http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/ -- Ignacio __ Fern�ndez Galv�n / /\ Linux user / / \ #289967 / / /\ \ PGP Pub Key /...

Obfuscating PDFs typeset with TeX, or modifying the underlying text in a PDF
I'd like to create PDFs using (La)TeX which are readable by humans but cannot be read by naive automated techniques. For example, it should not be possible to copy plain text out of the document. One easy way to do this, I realize, would be typesetting the document normally then taking a screenshot of each page and creating a new document containing only images. Unfortunately, should the (human) reader want to zoom in, he would find that the resolution is limited and everything would become blocky. A while back I did a Google search to determine how to obfuscate PDFs in this way. I found ...

How to make ASCII text of scanned PDF image files searchable by Google
I am a professional writer, and have a number of published booklets, brochures, etc. scanned into Adobe Acrobat PDF format as images, including all of the original printed artwork. They are linked to from the resume and portfolio page of my business website at: http://www.joelrennie.com/resume.html The problem is that while Goolge and other search engines now index the contents of PDF files for web searches, these pages and their text are not searchable. Is there an easy way I can make the text of these files searchable? I could easy re-scan each of the documents with my OCR software to g...

How do I make the text bigger using "ODS PDF" in this case?
Below is a simplification of what I am trying to achieve. I want to route standard ascii output to an ODS PDF destination. Below works perfectly except that the text in the PDF output is too small. What is the simplest way to make it bigger without affecting the ascii style of output? filename ascii temp; proc printto print=ascii; run; proc print data=sashelp.class; run; proc printto print=print; run; ods pdf; data _null_; file print; infile ascii; input; put @1 _infile_ $char120.; run; ods pdf close; ...

Re: How do I make the text bigger using "ODS PDF" in this case?
You need use proc template to create your style with bigger font: filename ascii temp; proc printto print=ascii; run; options ls=70; proc print data=sashelp.class; run; proc printto print=print; run; proc template; edit styles.default as ymini; style fonts / 'BatchFixedFont' ="Courier",16pt); end; run; option orientation=landscape; ods pdf file="c:\temp\junk.pdf" style=ymini; data _null_; file print; infile ascii; input; put @1 _infile_ $char70.; run; ods pdf close; On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 02:40:34 -0700, RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: &g...

PDF image of text to readable text ?
Seems there are web based tools and software. My son needs text to have it read for him. He has a PC. Found PDF reader $50 , http://thurly.net/11ia and http://thurly.net/11i4 the last being google. Wondering what you folks found useful or use ? Thanks! -- Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden http://uppitywis.org/ live WI ...

Making 2 lines of text in text()
Hi, I would like to add some text in a plot using text(). I am wondering what symbol should I add in the text so that it shows 2 lines of text in the textbox? Thanks, Alan Use the "\newline" tag for TeX/LaTeX t = text(1,1,'my\newlinetext'); Jeremy "Alan" <twaleung@engmail.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message news:ef4f1d3.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > I would like to add some text in a plot using text(). I am wondering > what symbol should I add in the text so that it shows 2 lines of text > in the textbox? > > Thanks, > >...

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...