\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tarassmetapost}
%\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
etex;

input Macros-nk ;

u := 1cm ;

beginfig(1)
z0=(0,0); z1=(2u,7u); z2=1/2[z0,z1];z3=(7u,7u);z4=(5u,0); z5=1/2[z3,z4];
draw
(0,0)--(5u,0)--(7u,2u)--(7u,7u)--(5u,5u)--(5u,0)--(0,0)--(0,5u)--(2u,7u)--(7u,7u)--(5u,5u)--(0,5u);
draw (0,0)--(2u,2u)--(2u,7u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
draw (7u,2u)--(2u,2u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (3.5u,u)--(7u,7u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (2u,2u)--(5u,0) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (5u,0)--(7u,7u);

label.bot(btex A etex, (0,0));
label.bot(btex B etex, (5u,0));
label.rt(btex C etex, (7u,2u));
label.lft(btex D etex, (2u,2u));
label.lft(btex E etex, (0,5u));
label.top(btex H etex, (2u,7u));
label.top(btex G etex, (7u,7u));
label.rt(btex F etex, (5u,5u));
label.lft(btex $O_1$ etex, z2 );
label(btex $\times$ etex, z2);
label.rt(btex $O_2$ etex, z5 );
label(btex $\times$ etex, z5);

endfig;
end

give me .log :

This is MetaPost, version 1.211 (MiKTeX 2.9) (MiKTeX 2.9) (mem=mpost
2010.11.04)  8 NOV 2010 21:49
**cubeaixmarseille90.mp
(D:/maths/sujetsbacs/fichiermetapost/1990/cubeaixmarseille90.mp
(C:/localtexmf/metapost/base/Macros-nk.mp)
 >> cubeaixmarseille90.mp
 >> cubeaixmarseille90.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file.
l.27 label.bot(btex
                     A etex, (0,0));
The two files given above are one of your source files
and an auxiliary file I need to read to find out what your
btex..etex blocks mean. If you don't know why I had trouble,
try running it manually through MPtoTeX, TeX, and DVItoMP

The command line est mpost -tex=latex. What must i do ?

Thanks, Jean-�ric.
0
ISO

On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-=E9ric <jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello, I've updated miktex 2.8 to 2.9.
>
> This file :
>
> %prologues :=3D 3 ;
>
> verbatimtex
> %&latex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{tarassmetapost}
> %\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \begin{document}
> etex;

[snip]

> give me .log :

> ! Unable to make mpx file.
> l.27 label.bot(btex
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0A etex, (0,0));

Changing

verbatimtex
%&latex

verbatimtex%&latex

should solve the problem. As far as I remember, this is a
=93feature=94 (or a =93bug=94, depending how you see it) introduced with mp=
ost
1.210, by which *anything* after verbatimtex and up to etex, including
any whitespace and newlines, are left intact. This causes some
trouble, because %&latex ends up in the second line of the generated
file (given that the newline after verbatimtex is not stripped out)
and the tex processor does not parse it. So, that directive ends up
being ignored.

You may take a look at the release notes for mpost >1.210 to check
whether such behaviour has been corrected (I do not remember now).

Nicola

0
nicola
11/9/2010 4:08:09 PM
On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-=E9ric <jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> The command line est mpost -tex=3Dlatex. What must i do ?

Sorry, I have read your post too quickly. Actually, I am able to
compile your code if I comment the \usepackage{tarassmetapost} line (I
do not have that package). Are you sure that package is found? A look
into mpxerr.log should tell you what is wrong.

Nicola
0
nicola
11/9/2010 4:17:11 PM
Le 09/11/2010 17:17, nicola a �crit :
> On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-�ric<jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr>  wrote:
>
>> The command line est mpost -tex=latex. What must i do ?
>
> Sorry, I have read your post too quickly. Actually, I am able to
> compile your code if I comment the \usepackage{tarassmetapost} line (I
> do not have that package). Are you sure that package is found? A look
> into mpxerr.log should tell you what is wrong.
>
> Nicola

Thanks Nicola, the package tarassmetapost was not found, i try with

\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,times,mathrsfs}

\newcommand{\Calig}[1]{\ensuremath{\mathscr{#1}}}
\newcommand{\C}{\Calig{C}}

but i've got the same matter.
I'll see later the problem, ans try to solve it.

Jean-�ric.
0
ISO

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

problem with importing text with number and text
i am trying to import a csv file (~49000 rows x 52 cols) with numbers text and characters in it and not getting through. xlsread works fine with all my data except the first column of data which is a time stamp. it converts the time stamps into a constant value through the entire column. To add to the problem, when opened as a text file, every row of the file starts with a comma. I got very close with textscan/textread with all the data coming in but all the rows are transposed into one column one above the other ( imagine 49000 rows 52 cells long transposed one above the other in one column c...

Problem importing PDF image (problem with the text)
I want to make some changes to a map. It's available as a PDF with graphics and text. As a PDF I can zoom to any level and the text looks great. When I import the PDF into GIMP, the text is horrible. All diagonals and curves in the letters are jagged. This happens regardless of whether I tell GIMP to anitalias text. I can see the anti-aliasing of the graphics lines, but not of the text. My system is: Win2K Gimp 2.4.2 GhostScript 8.54 I've learned to import PDFs at high resolution to retain accuracy when enlarging them, so I've tried up to 500 when import...

Text Encoding Problems
I am using the code 'convertEncoding(field1.text,encodings.SystemDefault)' to ensure that if a user enters special characters (eg bullet points and so on) into a field, they are saved correctly. However, although this code solves that problem, Japanese characters are still returned as '?'. Is there an easy way of check if Japanese characters are used in the field, and saving these correctly? Thanks Graeme In article <BE8191AC.206EA%blocksoft@dsl.pipex.com>, BlockSoft <blocksoft@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > I am using the code 'convertEncoding(fi...

Problem with text
Hello, I have a problem using text: >> t=text(i1, i2, i3, '.'); ??? Error using ==> text Invalid parameter/value pair arguments. >> fprintf(1,'%i %i %i\n', i1,i2,i3); 116 67 56 >> t=text(116, 67, 56, '.'); >> whos i1 Name Size Bytes Class i1 1x1 1 uint8 array Grand total is 1 element using 1 bytes What could be the problem? Bye - Robert Robert W. Kuhn schrieb: > Hello, > > I have a problem using text: > > >>>t=text(i1, i2, i3, '.'); > &g...

Text Problem
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem pulling the specific text that I want from an XML file. When we receive this file from it's source several of the fields have asterisks at the beginning. For what we need to do with the text we need the asterisks gone. For example, a name field might have "*Smith". What I need to produce in my text file is "Smith" I was hoping to do all the processing on my file with XSLT. Does XSLT have a function in which I can inspect text and manipulate it? If so what is it and where can I find more information on it. Thank you all for your help. rosemm wrote: > I was hoping to do all the processing on my file with XSLT. Does XSLT > have a function in which I can inspect text and manipulate it? If so > what is it and where can I find more information on it. XSLT 1.0 uses XPath 1.0 functions as documented here: <http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#section-String-Functions> so starts-with and substring-after will probably solve what you are looking for. -- Martin Honnen http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Tempore 17:20:37, die Thursday 13 January 2005 AD, hinc in foro {comp.text.xml} scripsit rosemm <rose.m@ghc.org>: > When we receive this file from it's source several of the fields have > asterisks at the beginning. For what we need to do with the text we > need the asterisks gone. For example, a name field might have "*Smith". > What I need to produce in my text file is &qu...

The Problems of TeX
TeX, and its derivatives such as LaTeX, receives a lot praise and is widely used. However, i think there is one aspect of TeX that is a damaging flaw, and this criticism is little known. I feel this problem should have wider awareness. The following essay, is edited version of my email messages, on the harm of TeX. (HTML version is available at: http://xahlee.org/cmaci/notation/TeX_pestilence.html ) ------------------------------------- Problems of TeX TeX is detrimental because it harbors ignorance of the structural content embodied in most math notations in most fields. What TeX does is...

Text Problem
Hi Everyone, I'm having some problems inputing text in Lightwave 8.3. I'm using a True Type font called "Chubb." All I'm writting is the word "CyaticStudios." When I get to the second "i" I get an error message. "Unable to regenerate contour. This may be caused by highly non-planar polygons, or by ambiguous overlap between polygon edges and the cutting tool. Triple non-planar polygons or add a small offset to data and try again." I looked in the manual, and it suggested going into the "General Options" and changing the Cu...

Text problem.
After formatting I've reinstalled psp. If I click on the text tool then on the image I want to add text to nothing happens. No pop up box at all. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Chris. Chris wrote: > After formatting I've reinstalled psp. If I click on the text > tool then on the image I want to add text to nothing happens. No > pop up box at all. Any suggestions appreciated. Is that the only tool that fails to work, Chris? If so, thinking about what it needs that other tools do not need leads to fonts. Do other apps that use Windows fonts (like Word or WordPad) work ...

encoding problem with BeautifulSoup
Hi, I am having some encoding problems when I first parse stuff from a non-english website using BeautifulSoup and then write the results to a txt file. I have the text both as a normal (text) and as a unicode string (utext): print repr(text) 'Branie zak\xc2\xb3adnik\xc3\xb3w' print repr(utext) u'Branie zak\xb3adnik\xf3w' print text or print utext (fileSoup.prettify() also shows 'wrong' symbols): Branie zak=B3adnik=F3w Now I am trying to save this to a file but I never get the encoding right. Here is what I tried (+ lot's of different things with encode, decode...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Text problem.
After formatting I've reinstalled psp. If I click on the text tool then on the image I want to add text to nothing happens. No pop up box at all. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Chris. Chris wrote: > After formatting I've reinstalled psp. If I click on the text > tool then on the image I want to add text to nothing happens. No > pop up box at all. Any suggestions appreciated. Is that the only tool that fails to work, Chris? If so, thinking about what it needs that other tools do not need leads to fonts. Do other apps that use Windows fonts (like Word or WordPad) work ...

Problems with text
I was using following code to build text display lists and then show them, it was working all fine until I made some changes in how I made my display lists of other objects and the text stopped showing. I haven't changed the code for text at all. What could be the problem. Please help me. void CManifoldViewerView::BuildFont() { // Windows Font ID HFONT font; // Used For Good House Keeping HFONT oldfont; CPaintDC hDC(this); wglMakeCurrent(hDC, hRC); // Storage For 96 Characters fontBaseDLNo = glGenLists(96); font = CreateFont( -18, // Height Of Font 0, // Wid...

Problem with Text
I have created a text string as "vector" Then another text string, again vector. I now wish to use the move tool to move the 2nd text string, but the first text string moves with it. What am I doing wrong. Hope some one can help TIA tibs@tibia.com wrote in news:togh525mufugrfcunjju38gh7uun2emqjk@ 4ax.com: > I have created a text string as "vector" > Then another text string, again vector. > I now wish to use the move tool to move the 2nd text string, but the > first text string moves with it. > What am I doing wrong. > Hope some one can help > TIA &g...

Text Problem
Running AutoCad 2002, and one day for no reason when I plot out large bold text, it comes out as just an outline of the letters, instead of being solid. Any ideas? Thanks sbass94501@aol.com (Steve) wrote in message news:<ef7a5dba.0405040535.3f3911d3@posting.google.com>... > Running AutoCad 2002, and one day for no reason when I plot out large > bold text, it comes out as just an outline of the letters, instead of > being solid. > Any ideas? > Thanks set your "textfill" to "1" ...

::text problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_037C_01C3B37F.0E8A0290 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi , I am running postgres 7.3.4 on Linux 7.2. I wanna print 'Not Supplied' if '= c1' column of datatype - 'timestamp' is null. For that I am using case stat= ement SELECT=20 CASE WHEN c1 IS NULL THEN 'Record_Not_Found'ELSE c1 END as approval_date FROM t1; ERROR: Bad timestamp external representation 'Record_Not_Found'=20 SELECT=20 ...

MetaPost problems
Hi I'm working on some graphs in meta post using graph.mp but this morning when I tried to compile the source I get this error: ! Arithmetic overflow. Gwithpc_->withpen .penpart(EXPR0)withcolor(redpart(EXPR0),greenpart(EXPR0),bl... Gpconv_->...IX2)doublepath(TEXT5)Gwithpc_((EXPR3)) dashed.dashpart(EXPR3);els... <for(picture)> ...d.s.transformed.S.transformed.T) ; ENDFOR setcoords->....transformed.S.transformed.T);endfor ...

Problem with Metapost
I am a MikteX user in Windows and use the WYSIWYM editor Texniccenter. I seem to have problems with Metapost. I have seen that the required file (mp.exe and mpost.exe ) are in the correct folder . However, despite installing even all the extra packages, I keep getting this message when I run Metapost---- [code]The Procedure entry point ?SplitPath@MikTeX@YG_NPBDPADI1I1I1I@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library MikeTeX-core-2.dll[/code] Please help!! What should I do? Also, how do you add .mf files into Latex using Texniccenter in Windows. Incidentally, "METAFONT" runs pe...

Problem with Text
I have created a text string as "vector" Then another text string, again vector. I now wish to use the move tool to move the 2nd text string, but the first text string moves with it. What am I doing wrong. Hope some one can help TIA tibs@tibia.com wrote in news:togh525mufugrfcunjju38gh7uun2emqjk@ 4ax.com: > I have created a text string as "vector" > Then another text string, again vector. > I now wish to use the move tool to move the 2nd text string, but the > first text string moves with it. > What am I doing wrong. > Hope some one can help > TIA &g...

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

Placing text in PICT, problem getting text all the way to the bottom
49G+ I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am doing it placing labels on the drawing. I use a short line of code below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing: { # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is two pixels up from the bottom. Any advice to get it all the way down to the bottom or this not possible on the 49G+. >I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am &g...

text-text

Problem with text()
Hi, I've been fighting with this for ~2 hours and I don't know where to bang my= head against. I have a complicated object and I start apologizing for posting such compli= cated lines, but I see no other way and don't want to leave out anything. S= o I have the following lines using the text() function and setting the posi= tion with the self.position property. I print out the self.position value b= efore and then the position parameter of the text object after: print, 'pos before =3D '+string(self.position, format=3D'("(",f0.2,",",f0.2= ...

Web resources about - metapost problem - comp.text.tex

Oliver Friedmann (@oliverfriedmann) on Twitter

File:BernoullisLawDerivationDiagram.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

The TeX Catalogue OnLine, Entry for gpdata, Ctan Edition
routine of the MetaPost graph package, so that it can parse and ignore comment lines in data files starting with a ‘#’ sign, similar to the conventions ...

Metapost: Easy ROT 13 Access
Some of you have noticed that I've been using ROT13 for triggery stuff in the comments so that no one has to get bowled over with something super-sad ...

Black Hat USA 2008 : Briefings Schedule
The Black Hat Briefings are a series of highly technical information security conferences that bring together thought leaders from all facets ...

No Rock And Roll Fun
TRULY, IT WAS THE PEELENIUM: There was a stock gag in 60s and 70s TV shows where a woman, usually, and elderly, always, would do something odd; ...

TeX Live 2012 released
The TeX Live 2012 distribution includes all the ingredients of the latest TeX version. ISO images for all supported operating systems are now ...

Articles
In celebration of the publication of fascicles 0-4 of Volume 4 of The Art of Computer Programming , we present this interview with Donald Knuth ...

Literate Programming
Learn about literate programming using the CWEB tool for software development. Download a free CWEB distribution for Microsoft Windows