\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tarassmetapost}
%\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
etex;

input Macros-nk ;

u := 1cm ;

beginfig(1)
z0=(0,0); z1=(2u,7u); z2=1/2[z0,z1];z3=(7u,7u);z4=(5u,0); z5=1/2[z3,z4];
draw
(0,0)--(5u,0)--(7u,2u)--(7u,7u)--(5u,5u)--(5u,0)--(0,0)--(0,5u)--(2u,7u)--(7u,7u)--(5u,5u)--(0,5u);
draw (0,0)--(2u,2u)--(2u,7u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
draw (7u,2u)--(2u,2u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (3.5u,u)--(7u,7u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (2u,2u)--(5u,0) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (5u,0)--(7u,7u);

label.bot(btex A etex, (0,0));
label.bot(btex B etex, (5u,0));
label.rt(btex C etex, (7u,2u));
label.lft(btex D etex, (2u,2u));
label.lft(btex E etex, (0,5u));
label.top(btex H etex, (2u,7u));
label.top(btex G etex, (7u,7u));
label.rt(btex F etex, (5u,5u));
label.lft(btex $O_1$ etex, z2 );
label(btex $\times$ etex, z2);
label.rt(btex $O_2$ etex, z5 );
label(btex $\times$ etex, z5);

endfig;
end

give me .log :

This is MetaPost, version 1.211 (MiKTeX 2.9) (MiKTeX 2.9) (mem=mpost
2010.11.04)  8 NOV 2010 21:49
**cubeaixmarseille90.mp
(D:/maths/sujetsbacs/fichiermetapost/1990/cubeaixmarseille90.mp
(C:/localtexmf/metapost/base/Macros-nk.mp)
 >> cubeaixmarseille90.mp
 >> cubeaixmarseille90.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file.
l.27 label.bot(btex
                     A etex, (0,0));
The two files given above are one of your source files
and an auxiliary file I need to read to find out what your
btex..etex blocks mean. If you don't know why I had trouble,
try running it manually through MPtoTeX, TeX, and DVItoMP

The command line est mpost -tex=latex. What must i do ?

Thanks, Jean-�ric.
0
Reply ISO 11/8/2010 8:55:45 PM

See related articles to this posting

On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-=E9ric <jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello, I've updated miktex 2.8 to 2.9.
>
> This file :
>
> %prologues :=3D 3 ;
>
> verbatimtex
> %&latex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{tarassmetapost}
> %\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \begin{document}
> etex;

[snip]

> give me .log :

> ! Unable to make mpx file.
> l.27 label.bot(btex
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0A etex, (0,0));

Changing

verbatimtex
%&latex

verbatimtex%&latex

should solve the problem. As far as I remember, this is a
=93feature=94 (or a =93bug=94, depending how you see it) introduced with mp=
ost
1.210, by which *anything* after verbatimtex and up to etex, including
any whitespace and newlines, are left intact. This causes some
trouble, because %&latex ends up in the second line of the generated
file (given that the newline after verbatimtex is not stripped out)
and the tex processor does not parse it. So, that directive ends up
being ignored.

You may take a look at the release notes for mpost >1.210 to check
whether such behaviour has been corrected (I do not remember now).

Nicola

0
Reply nicola 11/9/2010 4:08:09 PM

On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-=E9ric <jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> The command line est mpost -tex=3Dlatex. What must i do ?

Sorry, I have read your post too quickly. Actually, I am able to
compile your code if I comment the \usepackage{tarassmetapost} line (I
do not have that package). Are you sure that package is found? A look
into mpxerr.log should tell you what is wrong.

Nicola
0
Reply nicola 11/9/2010 4:17:11 PM

Le 09/11/2010 17:17, nicola a �crit :
> On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-�ric<jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr>  wrote:
>
>> The command line est mpost -tex=latex. What must i do ?
>
> Sorry, I have read your post too quickly. Actually, I am able to
> compile your code if I comment the \usepackage{tarassmetapost} line (I
> do not have that package). Are you sure that package is found? A look
> into mpxerr.log should tell you what is wrong.
>
> Nicola

Thanks Nicola, the package tarassmetapost was not found, i try with

\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,times,mathrsfs}

\newcommand{\Calig}[1]{\ensuremath{\mathscr{#1}}}
\newcommand{\C}{\Calig{C}}

but i've got the same matter.
I'll see later the problem, ans try to solve it.

Jean-�ric.
0
Reply ISO 11/9/2010 5:01:35 PM
comp.text.tex 36671 articles. 70 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

MetaPost problems
Hi I'm working on some graphs in meta post using graph.mp but this morning when I tried to compile the source I get this error: ! Arithmetic overflow. Gwithpc_->withpen .penpart(EXPR0)withcolor(redpart(EXPR0),greenpart(EXPR0),bl... Gpconv_->...IX2)doublepath(TEXT5)Gwithpc_((EXPR3)) dashed.dashpart(EXPR3);els... <for(picture)> ...d.s.transformed.S.transformed.T) ; ENDFOR setcoords->....transformed.S.transformed.T);endfor ...

Problem with Metapost
I am a MikteX user in Windows and use the WYSIWYM editor Texniccenter. I seem to have problems with Metapost. I have seen that the required file (mp.exe and mpost.exe ) are in the correct folder . However, despite installing even all the extra packages, I keep getting this message when I run Metapost---- [code]The Procedure entry point ?SplitPath@MikTeX@YG_NPBDPADI1I1I1I@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library MikeTeX-core-2.dll[/code] Please help!! What should I do? Also, how do you add .mf files into Latex using Texniccenter in Windows. Incidentally, "METAFONT" runs pe...

METApost and PDFLatex Problem
Can anyone help with this problem getting started with Metapost and pdflatex? I can produce a diagram with Metapost and then convert it to pdf using ps2pdf. I can then incorporate the diagram into a Latex document using \includegraphics . The problem is that the diagram is A4 size, even if it is a small diagram, so I get a lot of empty space in my final document. I can reduce the size of the diagram by saying (for example) \includegraphics [height=60mm]{diagram.pdf} However, the shape of the space used is still 'A4 shape' (eg I can't have a square), and to avoid having empty...

Problem with MetaPost in TexLive
Hi, I'm trying to make illustration with MetaPost. But the greek symbols are missed in the eps file. And ";" symbol appears instead of "," symbol. I am using TexLive. However, MetaPost from the MikTex translates the same file to eps correctly. For example, this is my MetaPost file: verbatimtex \documentclass{minimal} \begin{document} etex; prologues:=1; beginfig(1); draw (0,0)--(140mm,100mm); label(btex \(H_{\phi_{m,n}}\) etex, (50mm,30mm)); endfig; end. I'm using mpost like this: $mpost -tex=latex test.mp Can you help me, pleas. What is wrong? Thanks. On...

Problem with datafile in metapost
I have a problem. I try to put metapost figures in LaTeX documents. I made a 'data.d' with data, let's say: ---data.d--- 00 4011000 01 3969000 02 3806000 03 3718000 04 3717000 05 3702000 ----------- Then a made a metapost file 'testfig.mp' ---testfig.mp--- input graph beginfig(0); draw begingraph(3in,2in); gdraw "hefboom.d"; endgraph; endfig; end ---------------- With CMD I write 'mpost testfig' Still no problems. Then I made a LaTeX document 'testfig.tex': ---testfig.tex--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphics} \begin{doc...

Metapost problem #2
I try to use metapost for graphics. i just want to draw a single graph with gdata. i made my data.d file with some values. i've copied the code of example 287 of the page : http://www.math.jussieu.fr/~zoonek/LaTeX/Metapost/metapost.html i run : mpost myfile.mp and get a graph without border or scale what is the pb ? thanks, julien ...

Problems with metapost in texlive 2009
I had a working installation of texlive 2007 on my opensuse 11.0 machine. I had metapost working nicely converting my *.mp files into *.pdf files. Yesterday, I upgraded to texlive 2009 that is available at http://software.opensuse.org/search/download?base=openSUSE%3A11.0&file=Publishing%2FopenSUSE_11.0%2Fnoarch%2Ftexlive-2009-42.2.noarch.rpm&query=texlive I installed all the upgrades of the following packages: texlive texlive-bin-tools texlive-bin-metapost texlive-bin-latex texlive-bin texlive-tools texlive-metapost texlive-latex texlive-context texlive-latex-doc ...

Metapost : problem with xpart and paths.
Hi, I have a problem when creating paths which involve pairs created from xparts (or yparts) of other pairs in Metapost. Here is a minimal code causing the error to come. Remember that "x0" is the equivalent for "xpart z0". You can replace it and you'll get the same error. The strange thing is that you can print the pair p, but you cannot make paths with. The result of the compilation with mpost follows the code. Any jedis or padawans out there? Thanks for your help!!! pair p; z0 = (3,5); p = (x0,0); show z0; show p; beginfig(1); draw z0--p; endfig; end; For this c...

metapost + dvi viewer problem
Could somebody explain why I cannot open dvi files containing metapost figures with dvi viwer (Yap)? BTW, is metapost the best non-wyswyg tool for latex figures? Does it exist something better? Thanks in advance. Gelo Ilzi wrote: > Could somebody explain why I cannot open dvi files containing > metapost figures with dvi viewer (Yap)? The kind of question I like to see -- pithy. Although I commend your terseness, the answer is somewhat longer. If you go to http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html and type in the keyword "mptut", you should find a link to a tutorial ...

Wierd metapost inclusion problem
I made a simple drawing t.mp: beginfig(1); draw fullcircle scaled 3cm; endfig; end; and then do this and compiles in pdflatex: \documentclass[a4paper]{memoir} \usepackage{graphicx} \ifpdf \DeclareGraphicsRule{*}{mps}{*}{} \fi \newsavebox\dlf \savebox\dlf{\includegraphics[width=1.5cm]{t.1}} \begin{document} \usebox\dlf \end{document} then pdflatex failes with the error ! Undefined control sequence. <argument> ...lx bp\relax \fi \fi \convertMPtoPDF {\Gin@base \Gin@ext }{1}{1... l.7 ...box\dlf{\includegraphics[width=1.5cm]{t.1}} la...

MikTeX, Metapost, epstopdf font problems....
I recently started learning to use Metapost to produce graphics. It works well, except I'm getting stuck trying to convert the graphics to PDF format so that I can use them in documents that I process with pdflatex. The process that I've been attempting is to take the "figure.1" (for example) document that mpost (from MikTeX 2.3) produces, and run it through epstopdf (also from MikTeX 2.3), and view the resulting "figure.pdf" file in Acrobat. Now, the "figure.1" is fairly easily readable, being Postscript; it includes the callouts for "cmr10" ...

[MetaPost] Problem labeling the y axes of an graph
Hi all, i'm using graph.mp to plot some data. The y range of this data is about [-42000:-34000]. By default the labels at the y tics are typeset using the A*10^B notation which i don't want here. So i changed the labels according to the documentation on page 10: for u=auto.y: itick.lft(format("%g", u Sdiv "1e3"), u); show u; endfor autogrid(itick.bot,); That's working fine besides the fact that it gives fives labels from -42 to -34 and i would prefer labels from -43 to -33. I used the setrange command to extend the axis but this left the tics unchanged. ...

Problem about inputing two lines of words in Metapost
Hi, When using \label(btex hello world etex, z0) in metapost, how can I make it in two lines like hello world instead of in one line as hello world Regard, Joe Hello, "Joe.ntang@gmail.com" <Joe.ntang@gmail.com> writes: > When using \label(btex hello world etex, z0) in metapost, how can I > make it in two lines like I guess you mean label instead of \label... Inside the TeX-Code, TeX is in horizontal mode. Maybe the following helps. verbatimtex %&latex \documentclass{article} \begin{document} etex beginfig(0) z0 = origin; label(btex \begin{minipage}{5cm...

Metapost terminal color, filling and paging problems
Hi, I am trying to port my gnuplot script from postscript terminal to metapost terminal (I am using "gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0"). I have several problems with this. 1. My terminal command is: set terminal mp color latex mag 0.7 solid Nevertheless the output is entirely black-and-white. The same output in postscript is cheerfully colorful (with postscript options). 2. My style is set style fill solid border 0 which to my best knowledge should result with colored bars in boxes plot. I get empty boxes. With postscript output the boxes are ni...

Problem: Metapost + graph.mp + big/small numbers
Hi! I have been using Metapost with the graph package for a while, mostly with good results. However, I have some problems generating graphs based on data with big and/or small numbers, even though the package should support this. For instance, input graph; beginfig(1); draw begingraph(6cm,3cm); gdraw "sample.d"; endgraph; endfig; end; with data file sample.d: 1.8e+11 8.5e-7 2.7e+11 8.3e-7 3.6e+11 8.7e-7 4.5e+11 7.6e-7 5.4e+11 7.1e-7 6.3e+11 7.7e-7 6.5e+11 6.1e-7 will generate a plot with a corrupt y-scale, but the x-scale ok....

[Rookie question] Problem with lualatex, luamplib and Metapost code
Hello, I'm trying lualatex for the first time and I try to use the luamplib package to insert metapost pictures. I have problems with etex (...) btex when I want to introduce labels. Could someone tell me what how to do to have luatex typeset my labels correctly without errors. Thank you Jazz On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:00:16 +0200, Jazz <jazz@invalid.invalid> wrote: >Hello, > >I'm trying lualatex for the first time and I try to use the luamplib >package to insert metapost pictures. I have problems with etex (...) >btex when I want to introduce labels. > ...

Problem with mp terminal (exceed metapost memory limit)
Hi, I have the following gnuplot code at the bottom. The data file "five_jog_sparse100.dat" has many point in the x y z format. x1, y1, z1 x2, y2, z2 .... The metapost is incapable to process the generated mp file. This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.4.5) (five_jog_sparse100.mp ! MetaPost capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=1500001]. fill->addto.currentpicture.contour(EXPR0) _op_ <to be read again> withcolor l.103106 ....7b)--(315.6a,241.7b)--cycle withcolor ...

[Metapost] Problems changing fonts using graph.mp|format.mp
Hi all, i'm using the graph.mp package to plot some data. Now i want to change the font of the numbers at the ticks from CMR10 to say Helvetica but it is not working right now. I read the documentation carefully and found that the format.mp package is doing the typesetting job. If i use 'defaultfont := "phvr8r";' i get additional text in Helvetica but the numbers are still in CMR10. I think i don't understand how the init_numbers command is working. Are the numbers typeset in mathmode? I tried LaTeX to do the typesetting instead of TeX and changed the mathfonts to ...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo #2
On 8/17/05, Mark Berryman <mark@theberrymans.com> wrote: > Steven M. Schweda wrote: > > First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time > > to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) >=20 > Elsewhere. Info-VAX does not rewrite the subject. >=20 > Mark Berryman > Info-VAX admin >=20 I thought it was reacting to poster sanity bugchecks. : ^ ) WWWebb --=20 NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related correspondence. All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for services pursuant to the t...

Is this a BIOS problem, a kernel problem or a user problem :-)
Hi all, I have a Dual Core P4, which dmesg reports as (CPU0 and) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 5 CPU 2.66GHz stepping 07 Unfortunately, it is also reporting CPU: Hyper-Threading is disabled I went through the BIOS (AMI dated 2005) and saw no option to enable HT. uname -a reports Linux hwa3 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux so clearly the BIOS and the kernel see the processor as dual core. Is there a utility to do this (enable hyperthreading)? Am I going to have to recompile the kernel? Is there a set of Intel dual core CPU's which does not have H...