\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tarassmetapost}
%\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
etex;

input Macros-nk ;

u := 1cm ;

beginfig(1)
z0=(0,0); z1=(2u,7u); z2=1/2[z0,z1];z3=(7u,7u);z4=(5u,0); z5=1/2[z3,z4];
draw
(0,0)--(5u,0)--(7u,2u)--(7u,7u)--(5u,5u)--(5u,0)--(0,0)--(0,5u)--(2u,7u)--(7u,7u)--(5u,5u)--(0,5u);
draw (0,0)--(2u,2u)--(2u,7u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
draw (7u,2u)--(2u,2u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (3.5u,u)--(7u,7u) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (2u,2u)--(5u,0) withpen pencircle dashed evenly;
%draw (5u,0)--(7u,7u);

label.bot(btex A etex, (0,0));
label.bot(btex B etex, (5u,0));
label.rt(btex C etex, (7u,2u));
label.lft(btex D etex, (2u,2u));
label.lft(btex E etex, (0,5u));
label.top(btex H etex, (2u,7u));
label.top(btex G etex, (7u,7u));
label.rt(btex F etex, (5u,5u));
label.lft(btex $O_1$ etex, z2 );
label(btex $\times$ etex, z2);
label.rt(btex $O_2$ etex, z5 );
label(btex $\times$ etex, z5);

endfig;
end

give me .log :

This is MetaPost, version 1.211 (MiKTeX 2.9) (MiKTeX 2.9) (mem=mpost
2010.11.04)  8 NOV 2010 21:49
**cubeaixmarseille90.mp
(D:/maths/sujetsbacs/fichiermetapost/1990/cubeaixmarseille90.mp
(C:/localtexmf/metapost/base/Macros-nk.mp)
 >> cubeaixmarseille90.mp
 >> cubeaixmarseille90.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file.
l.27 label.bot(btex
                     A etex, (0,0));
The two files given above are one of your source files
and an auxiliary file I need to read to find out what your
btex..etex blocks mean. If you don't know why I had trouble,
try running it manually through MPtoTeX, TeX, and DVItoMP

The command line est mpost -tex=latex. What must i do ?

Thanks, Jean-�ric.
0
ISO

On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-=E9ric <jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello, I've updated miktex 2.8 to 2.9.
>
> This file :
>
> %prologues :=3D 3 ;
>
> verbatimtex
> %&latex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{tarassmetapost}
> %\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \begin{document}
> etex;

[snip]

> give me .log :

> ! Unable to make mpx file.
> l.27 label.bot(btex
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0A etex, (0,0));

Changing

verbatimtex
%&latex

verbatimtex%&latex

should solve the problem. As far as I remember, this is a
=93feature=94 (or a =93bug=94, depending how you see it) introduced with mp=
ost
1.210, by which *anything* after verbatimtex and up to etex, including
any whitespace and newlines, are left intact. This causes some
trouble, because %&latex ends up in the second line of the generated
file (given that the newline after verbatimtex is not stripped out)
and the tex processor does not parse it. So, that directive ends up
being ignored.

You may take a look at the release notes for mpost >1.210 to check
whether such behaviour has been corrected (I do not remember now).

Nicola

0
nicola
11/9/2010 4:08:09 PM
On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-=E9ric <jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> The command line est mpost -tex=3Dlatex. What must i do ?

Sorry, I have read your post too quickly. Actually, I am able to
compile your code if I comment the \usepackage{tarassmetapost} line (I
do not have that package). Are you sure that package is found? A look
into mpxerr.log should tell you what is wrong.

Nicola
0
nicola
11/9/2010 4:17:11 PM
Le 09/11/2010 17:17, nicola a �crit :
> On 8 Nov, 21:55, jean-�ric<jeaneric.rich...@wanadoo.fr>  wrote:
>
>> The command line est mpost -tex=latex. What must i do ?
>
> Sorry, I have read your post too quickly. Actually, I am able to
> compile your code if I comment the \usepackage{tarassmetapost} line (I
> do not have that package). Are you sure that package is found? A look
> into mpxerr.log should tell you what is wrong.
>
> Nicola

Thanks Nicola, the package tarassmetapost was not found, i try with

\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,times,mathrsfs}

\newcommand{\Calig}[1]{\ensuremath{\mathscr{#1}}}
\newcommand{\C}{\Calig{C}}

but i've got the same matter.
I'll see later the problem, ans try to solve it.

Jean-�ric.
0
ISO

Pascal Open/Write to file Question/Problem
Using Pascal, can anyone give me directions on how to open a flat MPEiX file and write records to it and then close it? Any help/directions would be much appreciated. BTW -- needs to be done in a Pascal subroutine that retrieves j/s data with "AIFJSGET". Many records can be retrieved and I do not want to setup my Cobol mainline with OCCURS 'n' times where 'n' could = 1000, 2000 etc etc. TIA, Brian Donaldson. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

problem in minimization of a matrix
\[Sigma]M[\[Rho]_, \[Phi]_] := ArrayFlatten[ Cosh[2 \[Rho]]/ 2 ({{1 + Tanh[2 \[Rho]] Cos[\[Phi]], -Tanh [ 2 \[Rho]] Sin[\[Phi]] }, {-Tanh [2 \[Rho]] Sin[\[Phi]], 1 - Tanh[2 \[Rho]] Cos[\[Phi]]}})] NMinimize[{\[Sigma]M[\[Rho], \[Phi]], \[Rho] >= 0, 0 <= \[Phi] <= 2 \[Pi]}, {\[Rho], \[Phi]}] \[Tau][\[Alpha]_, \[Beta]_, \[Omega]0_, \[Lambda]_, t_, r_, \[Rho]_, \[Phi]_] := Det[At[\[Alpha], \[Beta], \[Omega]0, \[Lambda], t, r] - Ct[\[Alpha], \[Beta], \[Omega]0, \[Lambda], t, r] Inverse[(At[\[Alpha], \[Beta], \[Omega]0, \[Lamb...

simple dup2 problem
hi i'm a begginer and recently i'm reading APUE in excercise of chap3 i got a question you can find this problem (it's 3.4 :) ) dup2(fd, 0); dup2(fd, 1); dup2(fd, 2); if(fd>2) close(fd); and my question is what is purpose of if statement ? i think that this is no use for example (1) if fd is 1 all the ptr of file descriptor in process table point the same file table(in this case it's tty that was pointed by 1) and fd would not closed (2) if fd is 3 and it points some opened file all the thing is same with (1) except the pointed file table by 0, 1, 2 is the file ta...

domain abuse: spam problem
Hi! I hold two domain names at a German service provider (Strato). This service provider provides several e-mail accounts with my domain names. If a mail is being sent to a unknown e-mail address, e.g. some.unknown.person@my-domain.de, it will be put to my main mail account for this domain. I have realized that someone abuses my domain names for sending spam: He/she auto-generates user names and adds "@my-domain.de". Not every mail reaches its destination, some user are not known. What happens now is that I get more than 100 return messages every day (amount increasing) from vario...

Hp G85 color printing problem #3
I hope someone can help. My friend has an HP Office Jet G85 installed on HP Pavilion 540N with Win XP. Recently it has stopped printing color on pages from Internet Explorer, will print everything in black and white. The G85 will print in color from non-internet applications and from the copier functions. Does anyone have an idea what causes this and/or how to fix it? Thanks ...

J2ME HTTP Post Method Problem
Hello, I built a midlet that sends an information by POST method in HTTP connection. in the emulators (such as Nokia 6270,6230, 6230i..) I See the "post data" in the diagnostic, but the data doesn't arrive to the server. I tried several servers and they didn't work. I tried to run the SDK's on different computers and it was the same. If I run my midlet on my Cellphone (6230) everything works fine. Example for the post data: action=Login&Username=tony&password=1234 is a known problem? Any suggestions on how to solve it ? Here is additional information: My J2ME C...

sendmail problem
i forgot totally the sendmail confifuration. i have new and clean freebsd 5.3 system on the server, and i need email system there. i did: # cd /etc/mail # make # make install and i instaleld qpopper from ports qpopper is working coz if am sending email from root it comes to account... but the system does not accept any email from outside - it's probably simple thing, but please help he how to allow world emails to come to my freebsd sendmail system regards, tomash ...

Problem unauthorize deleting of primary key in SQL
Hej There. We have a big problem. We have now for 4th years had a SQL Server without problems. But sutnely some of the primary keys are deleted. The subdata to the primary keys are not deleted. This is a big problem because This is a billing system. Recently there was over 300 primay keys deleted. Good that we have backup but still... NOOOT good Can anyone help me to solve this problem!!! PLEASE Best regards Danni <dev@euro-consult.dk> wrote in message news:d3706e7e.0407120430.13e66f6f@posting.google.com... > Hej There. > > We have a big problem. We have now for 4th years...

Strange NFS Problem
Hi all! Today I found a strange behaviour in our NAS environment. NAS Server is a Dell PowerVault 705N and exports one share to Windows and Solaris. Now the problem: On windows in a directory /foo/bar I can see about 161 files - but under Solaris 8 there are only 53 files visible. But I can access them if I know their names - they are just invisible against ls, cp and so on. All rights are set to 775 on the entire tree and user and group ids are also correct. At this point I thought that maybe the PowerVault uses ACLs to hide some files to the Solaris world, but... ... if I use a D...

Problem using/installing numarray
I'm trying to use the 'numarray' package (v1.1.1) under Python 2.4 running under CygWin. I initially downloaded the Windows executable version of the numarray package, and installed it under C:\program files\python\lib\site-packages. That works with the Windows version of Python, but not the CygWin version, where it fails with the msg: ImportError: No module named _conv The file _conf.pyd exists, but my guess is that the .pyd suffix is not recognized under the CygWin version of Python. (But that doesn't make sense...) So I decided to download the .tgv version of the numa...

problems with patch
I created a cube with patches following the method,which is provided in the MATLAB documentation.The problem is,when I position a light source,I can't always get the right shading cube,which is very improtant for me. I have tried to change the properties of this patch object, like backfacelighting,edgecolor ,facecolor,etc..However,the problem remains. I thought it might because of the vertex normal, but can't find any help from the help menu of MATLAB. Is it because this method is kind of different? Does anybody give me some more sugguestion? Or anything else I should think of? Tha...

makedepf90 problem
Hello all, I am using makedepf90 to generate the dependency file for a Makefile. It always worked without problems, until I encountered a strange problem. The majority of the depend-file was in order. It looked like normal.o: normal.f90 normal2.o normal3.o... but one file had the following: strange.o strange.f90.o : strange.f90 .... and normal.o: normal.f90 ... strange.f90.o .... Does anyone know why these ".f90.o" files are named in my depend-file. My code compiles after correcting this depend-file. Thanks in advance, Joost Aan de Brugh On 2010-09-22 11...

ie select problem
Hi, I am a java newbie and and am wondering why this function that works in Firefox by showing & hiding select lists, does not work in ie. Here is my code, anysuggestions would be greatly appreciated. function showRegion(state) { statereg=state+'region'; //element1.style.display = 'none'; blankregion = document.getElementById('blankregion'); blankregion.style.display = 'none'; var elementArray=new Array(); var regionArray=new Array("ACTregion","NSWregion","NTregion","QLDregion",&qu...

Problem removing isolated points. #2
Hi everybody, I have a transparent gif and I'm trying to remove some isolated white pixels. I have tried to follow the advice in: http://gimps.de/en/tutorials/gimp/picture-photo-image/pixel-noise/index.htm about using despeckle but I didn't succeed in removing the noise. Maybe is a problem because of the use of a transparent background? Please, let me know about any suggestion. Thanks in advance, S. ...

courier-imap problem
Hi Guys I have a problem logging into my pop3 server. I did use popa3d which worked excellent, but i want to use the Maildir format and also some of the other features of courier-imap like mysql lookups etc. So i installed courier-imap from the ports with mysql support. I am using freebsd 4.9. I am using postfix, so when i installed courier-imap i changed main.cf to use the MailDir/ format, when i send an email to myself via the mail command the Maildir directory is created so i assume postfix is working ok anyway now when try to log in and get my email it fails everytime rejec...

A problem taking images with a PCI 1409
Hello all, I've a CCD camera throug I try to acquire images by a PCI 1409 card. Im configuring the device throug MAX and seens to work fine, but when I'm using the snap block or minor level I cant see anything, the image turn black. I've search in other forums and I've found that the moving the range it can be fixed, but even changing this, the image does not change just take a solid gray escale color. I taked some screen prints. If someone can give a hand with this, I'll really appreciate it.Many thank,Andr�s Felipe G�mez max1.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170...

Metapost questions
As I understand Metapost clipart should be compatible with .DVI, .PS and .PDF outputs from (La)TeX. Does this mean that if I create a clip art in Metapost, I might use it in (La)TeX for any kind of output? Is there a tutorial on how to make graphics in Metapost and how to use them in (La)TeX? Are there tools for converting Corel .CDR, Autocad .DXF, MS Windows ..WMF, etc. into Metapost? Or am I completely lost on what Metapost is? -- Carlos Th chlewey@my-deja.com (Carlos Th) wrote in message news:<d6c3959.0311050555.6cef7818@posting.google.com>... I'm not sure I understood your...

MS Access sum problem in query
I have 2 queries, for the sake of this post I will refer to them as query1 and query2. Basically query1 returns a number of results from tables which are grouped and then query2 queries query1 and is expected to sum the number of hours. query1 returns the following rows: PersonID StartDate EndDate Hours =========================================== 801 07/09/06 11/12/06 420 801 05/09/06 11/12/06 429 801 13/12/06 04/04/07 651 query2 comprises of the following query: SELECT [query1].[Perso...

I have a PROBLEM
When I run my simulation: I get this error message: theer might be a singularity in the solution. Try reducing the step size or tightening the error tolerance. or another error message: solver step size is becoming less than specified minimum step size is there any trick to do to solve this? Use some other solver like ode23tb if ur time is much more. Use some other solver like ode23tb if ur time is much more. ...

File ownership "memory" problem
Hello On one of my Debian Sarge machines, the .ICEauthority file for a particular user has a "memory" problem as far as ownership goes. When I set up this machine a few months ago, logged in as root, I su'ed to that user and ran a few kde programs (which presumably created this .ICEauthority file with root ownership). Now, every few days (and this is erratic - it can be every 2 logins or it can be every 10 logins), when I login as that user, I get a fatal error complaining that that user does not have write permissions to .ICEauthority. I then have to get back to kdm, switch ...

problem with grep
>From a set of files of extension c ,i need to find a pattern string and the output must also contain the filename of the file tht contains the match. i did $ cat `find . -name '*.c'`|grep -H mystring but its giving the location as standard input. I need the name of the C file. jeniffer wrote: > >From a set of files of extension c ,i need to find a pattern string and > the output must also contain the filename of the file tht contains the > match. > i did > $ cat `find . -name '*.c'`|grep -H mystring > but its giving the location as standard input. &g...

Problem in fetching blob or clob data with python and cx_oracle
It seems that when I attempt to download blob or clob data using fetchmany,= it can not keep track of the LOB variable in subsequent fetch. The problem= is over if I fetch one row at a time but it is not optimal. Can anyone giv= e me an idea how to efficiently fetch columns with clob or blob data from o= racle DB using python. Thank you, Anjan ...

Problem deleting files locked by another user
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CC13DE.6AFBDC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have a lot of files that need to be deleted, but when trying to = delete them we get the following message: %DELETE-W-FILNOTDEL, error deleting = SYS$SYSDEVICE:[DSMMGR.HL7_ORDERS.ARCHIVE]20110331234852_12899_1134999076_= 1.ARC;1-RMS-E-FLK, file currently locked by another user I have try set file/unlock but it doesn't seem to unlock them. I suspect = that there is an old process hanging around th...

video poker problem
Hi I`m new here as well as new to VB, I have VB6. I have been learning for the last month from books and tutorials and feel I`m doing quite well but I`m stuck on my second project, a video draw poker simulation, all is fine except working out some of the winning hands, I am quite weak at maths and I`m sure there is a sleek solution rather than hundreds of if..thens, which i could do but it does not seem right, I have success in working out royal flush and normal flush because they are all 5 cards so are easy to check for but things like a straight flush are very complicated (to me anyway). I...

Solaris and HP enviroment
Hello I have the following question: We have UNIX machines that run HP-UNIX 11.00 and Solaris 9 connected in the same network. The server is HP machine where the home directories are physically located. Of course I would like to have the same home directories, same user names and corresponding IDs on the Solaris machine so the home directory is mounted there. The problem is that it seems the password files and user group files are a bit different and if they are distributed from HP to Solaris the users cannot log on Solaris machine. This is the first problem. However if I manually change t...