MikTeX 2.9 install/uninstall problems

Hello all,

I upgraded from Miktex 2.7 to 2.9 yesterday on my Vista system [I'm an
experienced LaTeX user currently working in industry. Needed to write
a technical paper and went back to LaTeX] and it's been a nightmare.
Your help is much appreciated.

Here's a chronicle of my issues:

1. After installing, I tried compiling a simple document [my own]. It
said something about not finding hyperref. So I tried updating MikTeX
using the update manager, it didn't work. When I ask it to install the
missing package  via package manager, [which I'd set to install
missing packages on the fly], it gave an error like this:

"Windows API error 5: Access is denied."

Did a reboot but no luck in making it go away. A Google search showed
nothing directly relevant but some reports that Adobe is an issue so
uninstalled that [I had Adobe Reader X]. Still no luck.

2. I then thought it was an installation problem and tried to
uninstall and now it gives me the following error:

"The operation could not be completed for the following reason:
The IniTeXMF executable could not be found"

3. I then made sure my anti-virus system {Norton} was not blocking and
and that was fine. Tried a recompile of the basic tex file and here's
the message in TeXworks:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (MiKTeX 2.9)
miktex-pdftex.exe: The memory dump file could not be found.
miktex-pdftex.exe: Data: pdflatex.fmt

4. Tried to run update/package manager again and the former says "no
new updates" while the latter hangs ["Not responding" message].

From what I can tell, the installation is broken but I don't know how
to uninstall or fix it. Please help!!!
0
Atul

On 27 Mar, 09:51, Atul <atu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I upgraded from Miktex 2.7 to 2.9 yesterday on my Vista system [I'm an
> experienced LaTeX user currently working in industry. Needed to write
> a technical paper and went back to LaTeX] and it's been a nightmare.
> Your help is much appreciated.
>
> Here's a chronicle of my issues:
>
> 1. After installing, I tried compiling a simple document [my own]. It
> said something about not finding hyperref. So I tried updating MikTeX
> using the update manager, it didn't work. When I ask it to install the
> missing package =A0via package manager, [which I'd set to install
> missing packages on the fly], it gave an error like this:
>
> "Windows API error 5: Access is denied."
>
> Did a reboot but no luck in making it go away. A Google search showed
> nothing directly relevant but some reports that Adobe is an issue so
> uninstalled that [I had Adobe Reader X]. Still no luck.
>
> 2. I then thought it was an installation problem and tried to
> uninstall and now it gives me the following error:
>
> "The operation could not be completed for the following reason:
> The IniTeXMF executable could not be found"
>
> 3. I then made sure my anti-virus system {Norton} was not blocking and
> and that was fine. Tried a recompile of the basic tex file and here's
> the message in TeXworks:

------
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (MiKTeX 2.9)
> miktex-pdftex.exe: The memory dump file could not be found.
> miktex-pdftex.exe: Data: pdflatex.fmt
------

> 4. Tried to run update/package manager again and the former says "no
> new updates" while the latter hangs ["Not responding" message].
>
> From what I can tell, the installation is broken but I don't know how
> to uninstall or fix it. Please help!!!

Delete all traces of Miktex. Run the installation process once more as
a administrator, and doing a full install and only for "This user".
Install to a separate directory, not "Program Files". Always run the
update manager as administrator, and be sure that you have closed
every Miktex-programs when you update. I  have had the same error
twice, because Miktex try to update a file I am using (texworks, Yap,
a documentation fiel, etc.)
0
rsh
3/27/2011 8:05:19 AM
Am Sun, 27 Mar 2011 01:05:19 -0700 (PDT) schrieb rsh:

> Delete all traces of Miktex. Run the installation process once more as
> a administrator, and doing a full install and only for "This user".
> Install to a separate directory, not "Program Files". Always run the
> update manager as administrator,

There is absolutly no need to install as administrator or with admin
rights.

If you want a single user installation (which is in general a good
idea as it make managing miktex easier) do it in the user account
with the rights of this user in a folder where the user has writing
rights.

It only asks for trouble to give the user rights during installation
that he will not have later when running the application.

> and be sure that you have closed every Miktex-programs when you update.

That's in general a good idea.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
On Mar 27, 4:05=A0am, rsh <sveinung.heg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 Mar, 09:51, Atul <atu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
>
> > I upgraded from Miktex 2.7 to 2.9 yesterday on my Vista system [I'm an
> > experienced LaTeX user currently working in industry. Needed to write
> > a technical paper and went back to LaTeX] and it's been a nightmare.
> > Your help is much appreciated.
>
> > Here's a chronicle of my issues:
>
> > 1. After installing, I tried compiling a simple document [my own]. It
> > said something about not finding hyperref. So I tried updating MikTeX
> > using the update manager, it didn't work. When I ask it to install the
> > missing package =A0via package manager, [which I'd set to install
> > missing packages on the fly], it gave an error like this:
>
> > "Windows API error 5: Access is denied."
>
> > Did a reboot but no luck in making it go away. A Google search showed
> > nothing directly relevant but some reports that Adobe is an issue so
> > uninstalled that [I had Adobe Reader X]. Still no luck.
>
> > 2. I then thought it was an installation problem and tried to
> > uninstall and now it gives me the following error:
>
> > "The operation could not be completed for the following reason:
> > The IniTeXMF executable could not be found"
>
> > 3. I then made sure my anti-virus system {Norton} was not blocking and
> > and that was fine. Tried a recompile of the basic tex file and here's
> > the message in TeXworks:
>
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
--------
> > This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (MiKTeX 2.9)
> > miktex-pdftex.exe: The memory dump file could not be found.
> > miktex-pdftex.exe: Data: pdflatex.fmt
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
--------

> > 4. Tried to run update/package manager again and the former says "no
> > new updates" while the latter hangs ["Not responding" message].
>
> > From what I can tell, the installation is broken but I don't know how
> > to uninstall or fix it. Please help!!!
>
> Delete all traces of Miktex. Run the installation process once more as
> a administrator, and doing a full install and only for "This user".
> Install to a separate directory, not "Program Files". Always run the
> update manager as administrator, and be sure that you have closed
> every Miktex-programs when you update. I =A0have had the same error
> twice, because Miktex try to update a file I am using (texworks, Yap,
> a documentation fiel, etc.)

Thanks for the responses. I had installed as a user with admin rights
and for that user only.

Is it ok to delete the Miktex folder in C:\Program Files [and the the
sub-folders, etc.] directly? I know uninstall is the best and as that
isn't working, this is probably the only option. However, will this
break the registry or something similar? Do let me know.

Thanks,
Atul
0
Atul
3/27/2011 8:51:30 AM
On 27 Mar, 10:35, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Sun, 27 Mar 2011 01:05:19 -0700 (PDT) schrieb rsh:
>
> > Delete all traces of Miktex. Run the installation process once more as
> > a administrator, and doing a full install and only for "This user".
> > Install to a separate directory, not "Program Files". Always run the
> > update manager as administrator,
>
> There is absolutly no need to install as administrator or with admin
> rights.
>
> If you want a single user installation (which is in general a good
> idea as it make managing miktex easier) do it in the user account
> with the rights of this user in a folder where the user has writing
> rights.
>
> It only asks for trouble to give the user rights during installation
> that he will not have later when running the application.
>
> > and be sure that you have closed every Miktex-programs when you update.
>
> That's in general a good idea.
>
> --
> Ulrike Fischer

Running update as administrator was the only solution to upgrade
miktex-vc100-bin on my system. I don=92t know why. My user account has
administrator rights, but the UAC is enable (and I am not allowed to
disable it). Maybe this combination makes some dirty tricks. I use
Win7 Pro. I read some place that many problems was solved if you run
the programs once with administrator rights. It very easy for me,
because I just right click on the program and choose "Run as
Administrator".

As far as I remember, "Access denied C:", was the error message when a
file in use could not been updated (texworks and yap) and when vc-100
bin could not been updated.

I have installed miktex in a separate directory structure (c:\ep
\miktex) and just renamed "miktex" to "miktex.old" and reinstalled
Miktex under "c:\ep\miktex". When everything works, I just delete
"miktex.old"

It has worked the last four re-installations. May be not correct, but
it works. And I am so fed up with Windowz$ bugs, that if it works, it
doesn=92t matter if it is correct or not.
0
rsh
3/27/2011 2:05:27 PM
On 27 Mar, 10:51, Atul <atu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 4:05=A0am, rsh <sveinung.heg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 27 Mar, 09:51, Atul <atu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hello all,
>
> > > I upgraded from Miktex 2.7 to 2.9 yesterday on my Vista system [I'm a=
> > > experienced LaTeX user currently working in industry. Needed to write
> > > a technical paper and went back to LaTeX] and it's been a nightmare.
> > > Your help is much appreciated.
>
> > > Here's a chronicle of my issues:
>
> > > 1. After installing, I tried compiling a simple document [my own]. It
> > > said something about not finding hyperref. So I tried updating MikTeX
> > > using the update manager, it didn't work. When I ask it to install th=
> > > missing package =A0via package manager, [which I'd set to install
> > > missing packages on the fly], it gave an error like this:
>
> > > "Windows API error 5: Access is denied."
>
> > > Did a reboot but no luck in making it go away. A Google search showed
> > > nothing directly relevant but some reports that Adobe is an issue so
> > > uninstalled that [I had Adobe Reader X]. Still no luck.
>
> > > 2. I then thought it was an installation problem and tried to
> > > uninstall and now it gives me the following error:
>
> > > "The operation could not be completed for the following reason:
> > > The IniTeXMF executable could not be found"
>
> > > 3. I then made sure my anti-virus system {Norton} was not blocking an=
> > > and that was fine. Tried a recompile of the basic tex file and here's
> > > the message in TeXworks:
>
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------=
----------
> > > This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (MiKTeX 2.9)
> > > miktex-pdftex.exe: The memory dump file could not be found.
> > > miktex-pdftex.exe: Data: pdflatex.fmt
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------=
----------

> > > 4. Tried to run update/package manager again and the former says "no
> > > new updates" while the latter hangs ["Not responding" message].
>
> > > From what I can tell, the installation is broken but I don't know how
> > > to uninstall or fix it. Please help!!!
>
> > Delete all traces of Miktex. Run the installation process once more as
> > a administrator, and doing a full install and only for "This user".
> > Install to a separate directory, not "Program Files". Always run the
> > update manager as administrator, and be sure that you have closed
> > every Miktex-programs when you update. I =A0have had the same error
> > twice, because Miktex try to update a file I am using (texworks, Yap,
> > a documentation fiel, etc.)
>
> Thanks for the responses. I had installed as a user with admin rights
> and for that user only.
>
> Is it ok to delete the Miktex folder in C:\Program Files [and the the
> sub-folders, etc.] directly? I know uninstall is the best and as that
> isn't working, this is probably the only option. However, will this
> break the registry or something similar? Do let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Atul

What I have done, is to rename the miktex forlder, and installed
miktex to a new folder with the same name. thereafter I have deleted
the old installation.
0
rsh
3/27/2011 2:07:41 PM
On Mar 27, 10:07=A0am, rsh <sveinung.heg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 Mar, 10:51, Atul <atu...@gmail.com> wrote:

It

> > > Delete all traces of Miktex. Run the installation process once more a=
> > > a administrator, and doing a full install and only for "This user".
> > > Install to a separate directory, not "Program Files". Always run the
> > > update manager as administrator, and be sure that you have closed
> > > every Miktex-programs when you update. I =A0have had the same error
> > > twice, because Miktex try to update a file I am using (texworks, Yap,
> > > a documentation fiel, etc.)
>
> > Thanks for the responses. I had installed as a user with admin rights
> > and for that user only.
>
> > Is it ok to delete the Miktex folder in C:\Program Files [and the the
> > sub-folders, etc.] directly? I know uninstall is the best and as that
> > isn't working, this is probably the only option. However, will this
> > break the registry or something similar? Do let me know.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Atul
>
> What I have done, is to rename the miktex forlder, and installed
> miktex to a new folder with the same name. thereafter I have deleted
> the old installation.

Did as you suggested: renamed the MikTeX folder under Program Files to
"OldMikTeX". Then reinstalled on a different drive [I think anything
outside Program Files may work but I didn't test that]. Was able to
update, install missing packages, etc. Got working on the paper even!!

Thanks a lot for your help!!
0
Atul
3/28/2011 4:34:03 AM
On 28 Mar, 06:34, Atul <atu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 10:07=A0am, rsh <sveinung.heg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks for the responses. I had installed as a user with admin rights
> > > and for that user only.
>
> > > Is it ok to delete the Miktex folder in C:\Program Files [and the the
> > > sub-folders, etc.] directly? I know uninstall is the best and as that
> > > isn't working, this is probably the only option. However, will this
> > > break the registry or something similar? Do let me know.
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Atul
>
> > What I have done, is to rename the miktex forlder, and installed
> > miktex to a new folder with the same name. thereafter I have deleted
> > the old installation.
>
> Did as you suggested: renamed the MikTeX folder under Program Files to
> "OldMikTeX". Then reinstalled on a different drive [I think anything
> outside Program Files may work but I didn't test that]. Was able to
> update, install missing packages, etc. Got working on the paper even!!
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!!

My pleasure!
0
rsh
3/28/2011 6:59:22 AM
I am having the exact same problem, please let me know if you were able to solve it!

--
http://compgroups.net/comp.text.tex/miktex-2.9-install-uninstall-problems/273171
0
I am having the exact same problem, please let me know if you were able to solve it!

--
http://compgroups.net/comp.text.tex/miktex-2.9-install-uninstall-problems/273171

El 26/04/2012 1:28, Daghanem7 escribi�:
> I am having the exact same problem, please let me know if you were able to solve it!
>
> --
> http://compgroups.net/comp.text.tex/miktex-2.9-install-uninstall-problems/273171

Don't know if this is the same problem, but the only bad MikTeX
experiences I've had in the past were due to a combination of:

1.- Installing MikTeX from an administrator account, and then
2.- trying to use the automatic update feature from a user limited account.

To avoid problems, installation and usage of MikTex should be done from
the same account.

--
Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 00:51:14 -0700 (PDT), Atul wrote:

 > I upgraded from Miktex 2.7 to 2.9 yesterday on my Vista system [I'm an
 > experienced LaTeX user currently working in industry. Needed to write
 > a technical paper and went back to LaTeX] and it's been a nightmare.

The best places to get advice about installation problems with MiKTeX
are their Help Forum and Mailing List:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/miktex/forums/forum/33790
http://miktex.org/list

Bob T.
-1
BobT (1484)
4/26/2012 1:21:38 PM
On Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:51:14 AM UTC+1, Atul wrote:
> Hello all,
>=20
> I upgraded from Miktex 2.7 to 2.9 yesterday on my Vista system [I'm an
> experienced LaTeX user currently working in industry. Needed to write
> a technical paper and went back to LaTeX] and it's been a nightmare.
> Your help is much appreciated.
>=20
> Here's a chronicle of my issues:
>=20
> 1. After installing, I tried compiling a simple document [my own]. It
> said something about not finding hyperref. So I tried updating MikTeX
> using the update manager, it didn't work. When I ask it to install the
> missing package  via package manager, [which I'd set to install
> missing packages on the fly], it gave an error like this:
>=20
> "Windows API error 5: Access is denied."
>=20
> Did a reboot but no luck in making it go away. A Google search showed
> nothing directly relevant but some reports that Adobe is an issue so
> uninstalled that [I had Adobe Reader X]. Still no luck.
>=20
> 2. I then thought it was an installation problem and tried to
> uninstall and now it gives me the following error:
>=20
> "The operation could not be completed for the following reason:
> The IniTeXMF executable could not be found"
>=20
> 3. I then made sure my anti-virus system {Norton} was not blocking and
> and that was fine. Tried a recompile of the basic tex file and here's
> the message in TeXworks:
>=20
------
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (MiKTeX 2.9)
> miktex-pdftex.exe: The memory dump file could not be found.
> miktex-pdftex.exe: Data: pdflatex.fmt
------
>=20
> 4. Tried to run update/package manager again and the former says "no
> new updates" while the latter hangs ["Not responding" message].
>=20
> From what I can tell, the installation is broken but I don't know how
> to uninstall or fix it. Please help!!!

Hello, I've been having the same problem - am just about to redownload MiKT=
eX 2.9 again now (to a different dir than C:\Program Files)..but once corre=
ctly reinstalled again and the old version deleted, should I be able to mov=
e it over to the C:\Program Files dir and will it work from there?
On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 05:43:37 -0700 (PDT), allie_gb91@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> On Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:51:14 AM UTC+1, Atul wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I upgraded from Miktex 2.7 to 2.9 yesterday on my Vista system [I'm an
>> experienced LaTeX user currently working in industry. Needed to write
>> a technical paper and went back to LaTeX] and it's been a nightmare.
>> Your help is much appreciated.
>>
>> Here's a chronicle of my issues:
>>
>> 1. After installing, I tried compiling a simple document [my own]. It
>> said something about not finding hyperref. So I tried updating MikTeX
>> using the update manager, it didn't work. When I ask it to install the
>> missing package  via package manager, [which I'd set to install
>> missing packages on the fly], it gave an error like this:
>>
>> "Windows API error 5: Access is denied."
> Hello, I've been having the same problem

Try installing the packages while logged in as administrator.
0
fixit182 (2)
4/21/2013 1:36:06 PM
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 00:51:14 -0700 (PDT), Atul wrote:
 > Hello all,
 >
 > I upgraded from Miktex 2.7 to 2.9 yesterday on my Vista system [I'm an
 > experienced LaTeX user currently working in industry. Needed to write
 > a technical paper and went back to LaTeX] and it's been a nightmare.
 >
 > From what I can tell, the installation is broken but I don't know how
 > to uninstall or fix it. Please help!!!

I'd try re-installing; that might fix a broken installation. If you
get it working again, use the update wizard before doing anything.
You may have to do that more than once until there are no more
updates available.

If that doesn't work, you'd better advice from MiKTeX support.

Bob T.
0
BobT (1484)
4/21/2013 1:53:07 PM
allie_gb91@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> move it over to the C:\Program Files dir

I shouldn't do that. TeX is no pointee-clickee abomination, thank G"d,
and using command line tools, spaces in file and path names invite
trouble. Yes, I'm aware you can play around with quotes, but I have
found the strict use of decent names (seven bit and no spaces) far more
reliable.

Axel
0
Axel.Berger (160)

MikTex 2.9
I've been using MikTex on a Windows 7 machine for a while without any probl= ems; it has always successfully installed packages on the fly with <Random = package repository> specified. After a re-install of Windows 7, I've had to= re-install MikTex (version 2.9.5721). (N.B. I've tried both the 32 bit and= 64 bit versions.) Here's the test file I typeset (with pdfLatex+MakeIndex+BibTex): --------------------------------------------------------------------------- \documentclass[12pt]{article} \begin{document} test doc \end{document} --------------------------...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy t...

Problems installing Memoir in MikTex 2.9
Hi I am trying to install the memoir package om my Win 7 machine. I get the following error: _________________________________________ MiKTeX Problem Report Message: The operation could not be completed because the following file failed verification: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\mikC1B0.tmp Data: Source: Libraries\MiKTeX\PackageManager\PackageInstaller.cpp Line: 3285 MiKTeX: 2.9 OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (build 7601) Invokers: explorer SystemAdmin: yes PowerUser: no Root0: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\M...

Problem with installing 9.2.2
To long to go into why, but when I got Panther, I had to reformat/erase my internal HD with three partitions with the 9.2.2 CD and then repartitioned into two partiions with the Jag disk utility on a firewire external. Installed Panther on one partition, then tried to install 9.2.2 from the CD on the other. The original CD hangs on "installing disk drivers" and so do the two CD-R back-ups. I have a Pismo and would like the option key startup and to boot into straight 9.2.2 instead of classic when I want. Anyone have an idea? -- Paul Fuchs paulfuchs-at-attglobal-dot-net Sittin...

Netscape 7.2 and OS 9.2.2
Hello, I was upgrading to Netscape 7.2 on my G3 powerbook running OS 9.2.2. After removing the old version (4.7x) and running the Netscape installation (and, a week later, Mozilla installations) I had a strange thing occur, and neither browser will actually open and run. After the NS splash screen, the next thing I see is a small, empty window that looks similar to a text window. Nothing is running in the Finder, and no browser loads (or will load) an it's driving me crazy. I'm more of a PC guy and use the mac for web development purposes only, so am short on tricks of things to t...

5.2.9-2 install problem
Am trying to install PHP 5.2.9-2 on a Windows XPPro system (for in-house development work only) with IIS 5.1. I'm using the Windows installer downloaded from PHP.net. When I get to the page to select the Web Server Setup, there is no entry for the ISAPI module. I've installed a couple of earlier versions on other computers to use ISAPI. Is this not an option any more? How do I do this? Thanks. On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:03:05 -0700, Martin <ironwoodcanyon@gmail.com> wrote: >Am trying to install PHP 5.2.9-2 on a Windows XPPro system (for >in-house development work only) wit...

Problems with MikTeX 2.9 on Windoes 7
Hi, I was trying to find solution to my problem before deciding to ask for help her. To no avail. I am using MikTeX 2.9 distribution on Windows 7. Compiling my document with pdfmex(localized pdftex). If final pdf document doesn't exceed some pages (cannot say however how many), everything works fine. If there are too many pages, I get following error message: TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=7000000]. <template> }\endtemplate l.27789 & 06.09.11 & & 06.09.11 & & ...

Mandrake 9.1 and 9.2 install problem
Hi: I am using a K7VMM motherboard with AMD Althon 1600+(speed 1400), got 128MB 133MHz FBS memory. Graphics card, network card, sound card is onboard. I tried to install Mandrake 9.1, but it halts at very beginning of booting. So I tried with F1 and text mode, and found following boot message. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? Found and enabled local APIC! Initializing CPU#0 Detected 1400.082Mhz proccsor Console: colour VGA 80x25 .... .... .... checking 'hlt' init checking popad bug is ok enabled ExtINT on CPU#0 ESR value before enabling vector:0000002 It halt the sys...

Miktex 2.5 package install problem (2)
Hello, I have a new pc since a week and I tried to install Miktex 2.5 (before, I had a former version on a former PC, all was working fine). With the "Basic MiKTeX Installer", it installs the basic version. Fine, but then I can't add any package. It stops at "Downloading the xxx [whatever] package..." and nothing happens. I tried to install in another way with the "MiKTeX Net Installer", and the same problem happens just at start. No download is possible. My PC works with Windows XP, 2002, SP2. I disabled all firewalls and antivirus but always the same. I...

Oracle 9.2 RH 7.2 Install problem
While installing Oracle 9.2 on my Intel RedHat 7.2 Linux machine I get the following link errors: /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `lseek64@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `getpwuid_r@GLIBC_2.1.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `shmctl@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libvppdc.so: undefined reference to `getrlimit@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `pwrite64@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `pread64@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `open64@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `__fxstat64@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `getrlimit64@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libvppdc.so: undefined reference to `setrlimit@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `gethostbyname_r@GLIBC_2.1.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `semctl@GLIBC_2.2' /u01/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib//libclntsh.so: undefined reference to `__xstat64@GLIBC_2.2' RPM tells me that I have glib2.2.4.13 installed. What have I missed. Thanks, Walter walter wrote: > ...

Installing 9.2.2 #2
I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps (Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my system file from my old 9.2.2 machine and have it work correctly, or would this just be too easy? Thanks for any help. D. Scruggs In article <1135736270.117802.224660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, bcfd36@aol.com wrote: > I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the > most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps > (Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my...

6.x and 8.2? Was: Re: Are there any problems installing 9.1 with 8.2
We're using SAS 8.2 on PCs under Windows, and it very definitely breaks an app written and running on older SAS (I'm not sure which flavor of V6 it is). Do you have a combo of 6 and 8 coexisting? Steve Raimi ...

Re: 6.x and 8.2? Was: Re: Are there any problems installing 9.1 with 8.2
Steve Raimi <steven.raimi@GM.COM> replied: > We're using SAS 8.2 on PCs under Windows, and it very definitely breaks an > app written and running on older SAS (I'm not sure which flavor of V6 it > is). Do you have a combo of 6 and 8 coexisting? There's a big difference between inability to get two separate versions to co-exist on the same machine, and making sure that the new version cannot break any app ever written in the earlier version. We (at one time) had 6.12 and 8.0 running on a few machines, but we're moving everyone to 9 now, and we haven't had 6...

Need advice on problems installing Netmeeting directory kit v1.2 with OpenLDAP 2.1.22 on Slackware 9.0
I've configured, compiled and installed OpenLDAP 2.1.22 on a Slackware Linux 9.0 system, and am in the process of installing the NetMeeting directory kit (v1.2). However, I've run into a problem with the resulting core.schema that causes the two slapd servers to fail. I'm following the instructions in the Linux Netmeeting HOWTO, revision v1.2 (15 Jan 2002), specifically, section 3 "NetMeeting directory kit". Berkeley DB v4 has been installed from the Slackware 9.0 "extra" set of packages (package db4-4.1.25-i386-1.tgz). root@srdscs05:~# more /var/adm/packa...

installed 9.3, uninstalled 9.2 --> now batch submit (all sas related) is missing from windows explorer (right mouse()
I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2. once finished, open windows explorer, found *.sas file, right-click on mouse to bring up window, NO BATCH SUBMIT! am unable to find info to get batch submit back. tried the utilites/file management tool -- unable to make changes there due to some registry problem thanks in advance shan On Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:23:37 AM UTC+5:30, Shan Putnam wrote: > I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2...

EDK 9.2 install problem
Hi there, We just received EDK 9.2 but there seems to be an error in the install. I tried to install it and got the error message "F:\idata\drop28.zip.xz error in zipfile". The installer continued after this message, with the percentage progress bar continuing to rise, but at some point afterwards the windows closes and leaves me with a half-installed EDK install. I took a screenshot of the error message here: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~pgp/edk9.2error.png Has anyone had a similar problem? Is it just a corrupt file on the install medium? Phil PS I would have opened a WebCase ...

Problems installing Mandrake 9.2
I'm trying to install Mandrake on my laptop, but when I start it it says that it can't find my CD drive, something like hdc:status error:status=0x56 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest} hdc:status error:error=0x00 hdc:drive not ready for command My recommendation is to avoid Mandrake. I tried to install Man 9.2 on my new gateway/firewall and it never did work right. Among other things, it set the default route to go to my internal network instead of the internet. Shorewall never did allow Samba to work properly, even when I allowed my internal connection to be trusted. Mandrake wanted to set up my internal network using DHCP, even though I use static IP addresses, and it kept doing this even when I told it not to. Basically, the install was so "simple" that it didn't give me tools to set things up the way I wanted when that was different from the Mandrake defaults. After fighting with it for 3 days I went back to Redhat 7.3 (old, but I had the disks handy) and 30 minutes after the basic install everything was working properly. It would take an awful lot to make me try Mandrake again. Eric "Tev" <42@burntmail.com> wrote in message news:bv7d9n$i61$1@news.colba.net... > I'm trying to install Mandrake on my laptop, but when I start it it says > that it can't find my CD drive, something like > > hdc:status error:status=0x56 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest} > hdc:status error:error...

MikTeX 2.6 Installation problem
Hi all, I am trying to install MikTeX 2.6 on my Win XP machine. I successfully downloaded the complete installation and the installer seemed to make its way through all the installation files, but got hung up with some initexmf issue: ==================================== loading lightweight database file... C:\texmf\miktex\bin\initexmf.exe --shared-setup=1 --log-file=C:\texmf \miktex\config\uninst.log --verbose: C:\texmf\miktex\bin\initexmf.exe --install-root=C:\texmf --roots=C: \texmf;C:\texmf --rmfndb --log-file=C:\texmf\miktex\config\uninst.log --verbose: Registering root directories... in...

Problem running bind 9.2.3, bind 9.2.4rc2 and bind 9.3.0beta2 on bsd/os 5.1
named.run gives me: 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.656 starting BIND 9.3.0beta2 -d 9 -n 2 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.668 found 1 CPU, using 2 worker threads 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.679 loading configuration from '/etc/named.conf' 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.705 set maximum stack size to 67108864: success 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.706 set maximum data size to 1073741824: success 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.706 set maximum core size to 0: success 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.706 set maximum open files to 128: success 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.719 listening on IPv4 interface lo0, 127.0.0.1#53 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.720 clientmgr @0x8189b40: create 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.721 clientmgr @0x8189b40: createclients 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.721 clientmgr @0x8189b40: create new 16-Apr-2004 17:35:17.721 client @0x8195000: create 16-Apr-2004 17:35:18.137 clientmgr @0x8189b40: create new 16-Apr-2004 17:35:18.138 client @0x8195800: create 16-Apr-2004 17:35:18.558 clientmgr @0x8189b40: createclients 16-Apr-2004 17:35:18.558 clientmgr @0x8189b40: create new 16-Apr-2004 17:35:18.558 client @0x8207000: create 16-Apr-2004 17:35:19.438 res 0x8318f00: create and rndc status gives me rndc: connect failed: connection refused Why? -- Member - Liberal International On 11 Sept 2001 the WORLD was violated. This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Society MUST be saved! Extremists must dissolve. Time to see the eternal relegation of Man U, Liverpool, Everton and Millwall ...

Installing 9.2.2
I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps (Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my system file from my old 9.2.2 machine and have it work correctly, or would this just be too easy? Thanks for any help. D. Scruggs <bcfd36@aol.com> wrote: > I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the > most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps > (Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my system file from my old 9.2.2 > machine and have it work correc...

9.2.2 problems
I have 2 problems with my G4 AGp running 9.2.2. After installing a second harddisk - it starts up in a wrong resolutions and then change to the wanted resolution during start up. Why? After finishing the start up process - and the desktop seems to be ready - it takes some time before anything react to the mousearrow? Why TIA otn In article <1gug4a0.8aojtqkjc7zsN%otnfjern@stofanet.dk>, otnfjern@stofanet.dk wrote: >I have 2 problems with my G4 AGp running 9.2.2. After installing a >second harddisk - it starts up in a wrong resolutions and then change to >the wanted resolution ...

link errors when trying to install 9.2 client under Mandrake 9.2
I don't need to install all of Oracle, just the client parts. I found the installation docs for Mandrake 9.1 at Dizwell. I hope they work under MDK 9.2. I followed all of the setup for the oracle and dba groups and users and I've updated the oracle user .bashrc During the client install process I get this linking error: Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /u01/app/oracle/9i/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk Help! Jeff Fox <jfox@airmail.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.01.20.18.28.40.367445@airmail.net>... > I don't need to install all of Oracle, just ...

problems installing MikTex 2.4.1705
I have tried several times to run the MikTex setup installer ver 2.4.1705 on my Windows XP laptop. I selected 'large'. Each time the download portion of the setup runs for 10-15 minutes then terminates with a message, Error: The file ftp:// ... /win32/miktex/tm/packages/ ... cannot be downloaded ... I tried several different ctan repositories, which fail on different files. I tried to run setup again to install from the local ..cab files that were downloaded, but this also fails. When I tried to manually download the missing files from ctan, each time it fails at the first mi...

just installed miktex 2.6
Hi, I just installed miktex 2.6 but got a lot of errors with one of my documents which compiled fine with texlive 2005. I think I need to install something more, since I only downloaded a basic Miktex distribution and then figured out that it would automatically ask me to install those packages it was missing? The install file was "basic-miktex-2.6.2675.exe", a 50 MB file... It also asked about a lot of packages but still I get dozens of errors and now it stopped asking me about installing more packages. Aren't texlive and miktex supposed to work together and more or les...

Web resources about - MikTeX 2.9 install/uninstall problems - comp.text.tex

Developers See Surge of Negative Reviews with New App Uninstall Flow
... made a small but significant tweak to the way applications are reviewed: now, Facebook is prompting users to review applications in the uninstall ...

Why you should uninstall Adobe Flash Player
Comment: Security holes, major or minor, pop up in Flash all the time. Adobe should finally retire it for good.

Microsoft tells Windows 10 users to uninstall Office
Microsoft today took the unusual step of telling users running Windows 10's Technical Preview to uninstall Office before applying one of December's ...

Microsoft urges customers to uninstall 'Blue Screen of Death' update
Microsoft is quietly recommending that customers uninstall one of last week's security updates after users reported that it crippled their computers ...

VIDEO: John McAfee teaches you how to uninstall Antivirus
... salts’ and taking his clothes off Antivirus software pioneer and mentalist John McAfee has released a new YouTube video entitled ‘How To Uninstall ...

Apple releases new Java update, uninstalls Apple-provided Java applet plug-ins
... improved security, reliability, and compatibility for Java SE 6″. The update is available in the Mac App Store. Of note, the updates “uninstalls ...

AppJolt Releases Solution for Monetizing App Uninstalls
... and create additional revenue opportunities, has announced the release of its new SDK, which allows Android developers to monetize their uninstall ...

Uninstall Real Player NOW
What a piece of crap that software is. It just took over my computer tonight. Ate up 100% of my processor, all on its won, without warning. I ...

New Android apps worth downloading: Uninstall Master (Uninstaller), avast! Mobile Backup, Re-Mission ...
Take care of your Android device with a great pair of apps leading today’s Apps Worth Downloading column. Up first is Uninstall Master, which ...

Diving into M: Launcher lets you uninstall from homescreen, lockscreen gets minor change too
... happened through the app drawer, but no longer. Now dragging on icons on the home screen gives you the option of simply removing them or uninstalling ...