MiKTeX - Error installing font packages

Hey all

I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) and using MiKTeX 2.9. For some reason I
can't correctly install any font using the Package Manager. The
installation of the package works flawlessly, yet when I try to
compile my tex-file, I get errors like these (this time from the
package tgcursor):

Trying to make PK font ec-qcrr at 600 DPI...
Running miktex-makemf.exe...
miktex-makemf: The ec-qcrr source file could not be found.
Running ttf2pk.exe...
miktex-makepk: PK font ec-qcrr could not be created.

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ec-qcrr): Font ec-qcrr at 600 not found
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Thinking it couldn't create the necessary font files since the
packages are installed in the Program Files (x86) directory and I'm
running this from a DOS-window as a normal use, I opened the DOS-
window as Administrator, but still no luck.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
0
tOmmetje

On Jan 25, 2:49=A0pm, tOmmetje <tom.marc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) and using MiKTeX 2.9. For some reason I
> can't correctly install any font using the Package Manager. The
> installation of the package works flawlessly, yet when I try to
> compile my tex-file, I get errors like these (this time from the
> package tgcursor):
>
> Trying to make PK font ec-qcrr at 600 DPI...
> Running miktex-makemf.exe...
> miktex-makemf: The ec-qcrr source file could not be found.
> Running ttf2pk.exe...
> miktex-makepk: PK font ec-qcrr could not be created.
>
> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ec-qcrr): Font ec-qcrr at 600 not found
> =A0=3D=3D> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> Thinking it couldn't create the necessary font files since the
> packages are installed in the Program Files (x86) directory and I'm
> running this from a DOS-window as a normal use, I opened the DOS-
> window as Administrator, but still no luck.
>
> Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Did you use administrator privileges when installing the packages?
Windows 7 is really frickin' weird about permissions. When installing
from the package manager, it helps to have opened as administrator.
I've also found it sometimes helps to run the file database update as
administrator, AND as non-administrator after installing packages.

Again, not sure if this is your problem, but here's the thread I'm
thinking about:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/df4421982=
91a34b5/7aa671d124f325eb
0
Skander
1/27/2011 4:45:49 AM
On Jan 27, 5:45=A0am, Skander <amagi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2:49=A0pm, tOmmetje <tom.marc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hey all
>
> > I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) and using MiKTeX 2.9. For some reason I
> > can't correctly install anyfontusing the Package Manager. The
> > installation of the package works flawlessly, yet when I try to
> > compile my tex-file, I get errors like these (this time from the
> > package tgcursor):
>
> > Trying to make PKfontec-qcrr at 600 DPI...
> > Running miktex-makemf.exe...
> > miktex-makemf: The ec-qcrr source file could not be found.
> > Running ttf2pk.exe...
> > miktex-makepk: PKfontec-qcrr could not be created.
>
> > !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ec-qcrr):Fontec-qcrr at 600 not found
> > =A0=3D=3D> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> > Thinking it couldn't create the necessaryfontfiles since the
> > packages are installed in the Program Files (x86) directory and I'm
> > running this from a DOS-window as a normal use, I opened the DOS-
> > window as Administrator, but still no luck.
>
> > Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
>
> Did you use administrator privileges when installing the packages?
> Windows 7 is really frickin' weird about permissions. When installing
> from the package manager, it helps to have opened as administrator.
> I've also found it sometimes helps to run the file database update as
> administrator, AND as non-administrator after installing packages.
>
> Again, not sure if this is your problem, but here's the thread I'm
> thinking about:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread=
/thread/df4...

I did everything as administrator, I'll run the file database update
as non-admin too, and let you know if that helped out.
0
tOmmetje
1/28/2011 11:37:47 AM
Am Fri, 28 Jan 2011 03:37:47 -0800 (PST) schrieb tOmmetje:

>>> I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) and using MiKTeX 2.9. For some reason I
>>> can't correctly install anyfontusing the Package Manager. The
>>> installation of the package works flawlessly, yet when I try to
>>> compile my tex-file, I get errors like these (this time from the
>>> package tgcursor):
>>
>>> Trying to make PKfontec-qcrr at 600 DPI...
>>> Running miktex-makemf.exe...

> I did everything as administrator, I'll run the file database update
> as non-admin too, and let you know if that helped out.

Probably you have a user pdftex.map. This map is not updated when
you install a package as administrator. Try to run (as user) on a
command line.

   updmap

--
Ulrike Fischer
3
On Jan 30, 3:01=A0pm, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> wrote:

> > I did everything as administrator, I'll run the file database update
> > as non-admin too, and let you know if that helped out.
>
> Probably you have a user pdftex.map. This map is not updated when
> you install a package as administrator. Try to run (as user) on a
> command line.
>
> =A0 =A0updmap =A0
>
> --
> Ulrike Fischer

Many thanks, Ulrike! That solved my problem!
1
tOmmetje
1/31/2011 11:18:17 PM
Hello Ulrike
I have the same problem but for another font

Trying to make PK font cmcsc10+1001s at 657DPI...

Running miktex-makemf.exe...

miktex-makemf: The cmcsc10+1001s source file could not be found. Running tt2pk.exe...

make-makepk: PK font mathkerncmssi8 could not be created.
1
maabsi (2)

Problem: Latex cannot find a TTF font installed by the Miktex TTF font installer
Short version: I have the Sabon font as TTF and would like to use it from Miktex. I have tried using various methods, including the Miktex font installer, but failed. I think the Sabon font is installed (the self-test seems to indicate that) but still pdftex complains that the font shape is undefined. How should I proceed, please? Long version: I'll redo all the steps (2006-04-11) and log them here. This is on Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service pack 2. First let's ensure that the system is up to date. I run the Miktex update wizard 2.4.1704. Update from Internet. Sele...

Miktex not installing all font packages
I have install miktex on my machine all is fine expect once the tex file has been compiled. In viewing the dvi file i get an error that some text packages haven't been installed. Namely rtxr, rtxmi, txsy, txsyb and rtxb. The rest of the document is fine the only thing missing is all the symbols from the file. Can anyone help? Cheers Kat -- Katherine Dewis Radio and Space Physics Group Institute of Mathematical and Physical Sciences University of Wales, Aberyswyth Penglais Hill Aberystwyth SY23 3BZ Wales Tel: +44 (0)1970 622821 Email: kld99@aber.ac.uk "K Dewis" <kld99@pa...

Installing a non-MikTeX Package with help of MikTeX utilities
Hi (newbie here) - I have this non-MikTex package (FoilsTeX) that I'm trying to install and I'm having a hard time at it. I was wondering if there are MikTeX utilities that can help me out. Thanks - Olumide 50295@web.de wrote: : Hi (newbie here) - : I have this non-MikTex package (FoilsTeX) that I'm trying to install : and I'm having a hard time at it. I was wondering if there are MikTeX : utilities that can help me out. Just copy the contents of the package into an appropriate destination within your texmf tree (or better: your local texmf tree) and run the MikTeX utili...

Font installation on MiKTeX
I have problems installing Type1 fonts on a MiKTeX system. I recently changed my TeX system from an old EMTeX implementation to MiKTeX. There everything ran smoothly, now the fonts won't work, although I followed installation guidelines. So I thought the error might be that the file format might have changed during the years and I tried to make TeX font files from scratch (.afm, .pfb) and followed the process described in the Font Installation Guide. What I did in both cases: rename .afm, .pfb \latinfamily{...} pltotf, vptovf put files in correct directories make .map file The error mess...

How to install a package (for MiKTex)?
I think this ought to be simple, but I've been searching the documentation and the Web for over an hour, and I can't find the answer. Tomorrow my end user's client will send her a style file, which I gather is one type of package. What do we do with it? I have found many examples of using the usepackage command to refer to particular packages in particular environments. I cannot find a reference that explains what the usepackage parameters mean, which might let me deduce where to put a package so that the command can find them. (In fact I cannot find a comprehensive TEX or La...

About Install Type1 fonts in MiKTeX
Dear All, Have a great day! I have one problem in MiKTeX to install the new fonts. I had read the manuals about the installation fonts in web, but I couldn't get any points from that. Now, I have the below fonts: 1. GLB_____.PFB 2. GLBI_____.PFB 3. GLI_____.PFB 4. glr_____.PFB I have to use these fonts into my article. What will I have to do? How to install these fonts in my system? Please give me the brief abbreviation. Best Kumaresh PS Kumaresh PS schrieb: > I have to use these fonts into my article. What will I have to do? How > to install these fonts in my system?...

miktex, installation of ochem package, how to?
Hello. I'm trying to install ochem package made by Ingo Klockl for typesetting of chemical formulas, but with no fortunate result. I'm using MikTeX for producing the LateX documents. Have someone already installed the ochem package to help me how to do that? Thanks in advance. markovski_veselin@yahoo.com (Veselin Markovski) writes: > Hello. I'm trying to install ochem package made by Ingo Klockl for > typesetting of chemical formulas, but with no fortunate result. I'm > using MikTeX for producing the LateX documents. Have someone already > installed the ochem pack...

MiKTeX and LaTeX, installing packages
Hello! I'd like to install the LaTeX package "svmono" on my WinXP, where I currently installed MiKTeX 2.7. Is there a possibility to do it with the update manager of MiKTeX? If not, please tell me how I can install it manually. I already tried putting the package files in the same folder as the .tex-file which uses this package. There were errors, so I think I did something wrong. And then I've got a MiKTeX question. Though it's a LaTeX discussion group - perhaps someone knows what to do. My MiKTeX Update Manager doesn't want to look for updated packages on the inte...

changes package not installed by MiKTeX
Hi, I use MiKTeX and it has always been able to automatically install packages for me. Today I'm trying to use the "changes" package for the first time. Below is a minimal LaTeX file ... _____________________________ \documentclass{article} \usepackage{changes} \begin{document} \end{document} _____________________________ I get the following message from pdflatex ... _____________________________ This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (MiKTeX 2.6) entering extended mode (test.tex LaTeX2e <2005/12/01> Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang,...

install extra package miktex
How can I install extra package in Miktex 2.6, for example subscript.sty or overrightarrow.sty ? "Budiman Ali" <Budiman.Ali@gmx.de> writes: >How can I install extra package in Miktex 2.6, for example subscript.sty or >overrightarrow.sty ? as you'll presumably know (by observing miktex not installing the files on demand), miktex doesn't admit to the existence of fragments like those :-( fortunately, subscript.sty's one command -- \textsubscript -- is implemented as part of fixltx2e in the current latex (i.e., in the version in your miktex). to install...

installing truetype fonts in miktex
Hi, what is the easiest way to install truetype fonts (eg verdana) in miktex? I tried the winfonts package (not supported by miktex package manager) so installed in manually. It didn't give any error, but the font in the resulting pdf was not Verdana. I tried MTFI (miktex truetype font installer) but it wasn't updated for a long time and doesn't work unfortunately. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks already, -Hendri. On 2 avr, 06:54, Hendri Adriaens <spo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > what is the easiest way to install truetype fonts (eg verdana) in > mikte...

Asian font package installation
Hi, I am new to Mac OSX. I am using 10.3. I want to install "asian language font package". Problem is I cant find it on installation media. I have three disks with me(software resore and install 1 DVD, and syatem restore and install cd 2 and cd 3). When I open the dvd in finder, all I see is pdf files in different languages, NO PACKAGE or any other folder. How to find and install this package. please help me out. TIA -- tux In article <1127975140.759618.313960@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Seeta Ram Meena" <srmeena@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > ...

How to install a font package into Texlive?
I'm trying to instead the Arial URW fonts in Texlive running windows. There are no instructions for doing this that I can find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. - Mark On Oct 18, 8:31 pm, Mark London <m...@psfc.mit.edu> wrote: > I'm trying to instead the Arial URW fonts in Texlive running windows. There are > no instructions for doing this that I can find. Any help would be greatly > appreciated. Thanks. - Mark Perhaps look at: http://xml.web.cern.ch/XML/lgc2/ Joseph Wright On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:31:39 -0400, Mark London wrote: > I'm t...

Fourier font package in MikTex
I can't find the Fourier-GUTenberg font package as an available package in MikTex 2.4. However, it is located at http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/fourier-GUT/?preferredCTAN=ctan.unsw.edu.au&action=/tex-archive/fonts/. Is there a reason for this? I would prefer to go through the MikTex package installer. Roy Bethel On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:28:10 -0400, Roy Bethel <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: > I can't find the Fourier-GUTenberg font package as an available package > in > MikTex 2.4. However, it is located at > http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/fourier...

Installing type1 font on miktex
In the guides I've seen, (for instance http://www.umantec.nl/fontinst/) vptovf is used along the lines of vptovf <file.vpl> In miktex vptovf (v. 1.5) this doesn't work. It just says Usage: vptovf VPLFILE VFFILE TFMFILE So it wants two more arguments. I assume VPLFILE is the input, VFFILE is the output and TFMFILE are files generated by pltotf. The problem is, I have 16 .vpl files and 4 .tfm-files, so how do I know which tfm files to use for each of the vpl-files? Thanks, Sigmund Some details: The font is Trajan (-Bold and -Regular) named ptj according to Berry. I did: tex...

Web resources about - MiKTeX - Error installing font packages - comp.text.tex

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper