Missing number treated as zero ...

Hi,

I've got a problem with Latex' counters. I always get "Missing number
treated as zero". I only wanted a simple counter which returns
consecutive numbering ...
Does anybody have a hint for me?

\documentclass[11pt,openright]{book}
\newcounter{count}%
  \setcounter{count}{2}%
\newcommand{\test}{%
   \stepcounter{count}%
   \value{count}%
}

\begin{document}

test counter is \test

\end{document}

Thx,

Andreas

On 11-03-2007 14:58, andreas.heindl@gmail.com wrote:

> I've got a problem with Latex' counters. I always get "Missing number
> treated as zero". I only wanted a simple counter which returns
> consecutive numbering ...
> Does anybody have a hint for me?
>
> \documentclass[11pt,openright]{book}
> \newcounter{count}%
>   \setcounter{count}{2}%
> \newcommand{\test}{%
>    \stepcounter{count}%
>    \value{count}%
> }
>

> \begin{document}
>
> test counter is \test
>
> \end{document}

Instead of \value{count}, try \arabic{count} or \the\value{count} or
\thecount.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos
0
jcsantos (1101)
3/11/2007 3:45:38 PM
Muchas gracias!

\arabic worked for me!

Thanks,

Andreas

ledpar: missing number treated as zero
I'm trying to use ledpar and lepmac but at the first page I get this discouraging message: (./TEMPLATE.1) ! Missing number, treated as zero. <to be read again> \l@dLcolrawbox11 l.152 \repl{Barnardo}{Who's there?} Thanks for any help. ...

msc.sty ... Error: ! Missing number, treated as zero.

Need to replace missing values with zeros in a varying number of rows and varying number of columns
People, I am working in PC SAS v8.1 I have a program that finds the number of times a varying number of people get a document to different levels of completeness. The program displays this information from the beginning of the current month to the current day. Using a separate column for each day. So as the month continues the number of days(columns) increases. If person A does not get a document to level 2 completeness on a certain day the field currently is blank. The user would like the report to display zeros instead of blanks. I create the report in SAS and then export the final repo...

Re: Need to replace missing values with zeros in a varying number of rows and varying number of columns #3
People, First -- sorry for not including data nor code. I will in the future. I am learning alot about SAS and working with the folk on sas-l. Everyone's patience and help is appreicated Second -- Howeard is correct. I am working to implement the array and loop. Thanks Dave -----Original Message----- From: Howard Schreier [mailto:Howard_Schreier@ITA.DOC.GOV] Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 6:30 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Need to replace missing values with zeros in a varying number of rows and varying number of columns It's a little hard to be sure without seeing sam...

Re: Need to replace missing values with zeros in a varying number of rows and varying number of columns #2
It's a little hard to be sure without seeing sample data, but it seems to me that David does not want all missing values converted to zero, but only those corresponding to the current and previous dates. Suppose there are three days. On the first day, expected progress occurs. On the second day, failure to progress. On the third day, catchup and completion. So the dataset looks like C b b C b b C C C where "C" represents completion "b" a blank. My sense is that David wants C b b C 0 b C C C rather than C 0 0 C 0 0 C C C I suggest using an array and a loo...

number zero in text field
Hi heros, I have a text field that stores numbers like 06-1234. I created a combo box to look up values on a form based on the number. However, I can't get it formatted correctly. It is formatted @@-@@@@. The results are 0-61234 in the combo box. Can you assist me? Thank you Charlie -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com hireagenius wrote: > Hi heros, > I have a text field that stores numbers like 06-1234. I created a combo box > to look up values on a form based on the number. However, I can't get it > formatted correctly. It is formatted @@-@@@@. ...

Text file with numbers and text, want to just read numbers
I have a series of text files I want to read. The files begin with header information. The number of rows of header information changes, there is no commenting symbol such as %%, and the header information sometimes has numbers such as a date or a time. I want to read in the number and only the numbers. This is an example of a file: (Again, the header info changes, different # of lines, different text) Vector Signal [Measurement4]: 09/27/2006, 09:05:24 Units: EU Time Real 0 0.053732 9.6e-005 0.11968 0.000192 0.085483 0.000288 ...

text field only for text
Hi I would like some help about the following : I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I limit this situation ? So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. TIA Paulo "Paulo Rodrigues" <amigo.alf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:<newscache$kgmtmh$bb1$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt>... > Hi > > I would like some help about the following : > > I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I > limit > this situation ? > > So far, I couldn't...

how to output number of missing values of a text variable on a table?
hello proc means or proc tabulate give quickly number of missing value for continuous variables on a specific table. I would like to do the same with a text variable. i would like to export on a table the number of missing value for my variable. How about something like this: data missing ; input a 1 b$ 3 c 5 ; cards ; 1 a 1 2 . 2 3 a . .. a 4 5 a 5 6 . . .. a 7 8 a . 9 . 9 ; proc sql ; select case when type='num' then 'sum(' || name || '= . ) as ' || name when type='char' then 'sum(' || name || "= '' ) as " || name ...

Insert zero before number(as a first character) of type text
Hi: Is there any way by which i insert 0 before the value by query. I have a table contains 10,000 records and because of some reason i need to move 0 before number of field Tech_ID. Type of field is Text. Thank You. Do you want to permmanently change the field values? If so you can build an update query in the query builder (go to query menu and choose update query). Choose the field Tech_ID and set the "update to" field to be: "0" & [Tech_ID]. If you don't want the changes to be permanent, you could just make a select query with a field called something li...

Re: how to output number of missing values of a text variable on
hi ... how about proc freq ... data test ; input a 1 b : $3. c 5 name : $5; datalines; 1 a 1 mike 2 . 2 sara 3 a . . .. a 4 barack 5 a 5 armondo 6 . . . .. a 7 . 8 a . . 9 . 9 . ; run; proc format; value $miss ' ' = 'MISSING' other='NOT MISSING'; run; proc freq data=test; table _character_ / missing; format _character_ $miss.; run; to "export on a table" (maybe in Excel) use ODS ... ods html file='z:\missing.html'; proc freq data=test; table _character_ / missing; format _character_ $miss.; run; ods html close; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School ...

Re: how to output number of missing values of a text variable on #3
One more think I do not know about SQL. There are so many. On 10/22/08, Haris <Karovaldas@gmail.com> wrote: > Good one, Data _Null_, NMISS function seems to work equally well for > NUM and CHAR variables and eliminates the need for SUM! Runs faster > too! > > proc sql; > select catx(' ','nmiss(',name,') as', name) > into :syntax separated by ", " > from dictionary.columns > where Libname = "WORK" AND MemName = "MISSING" ; > > %put NOTE: GENERATED SYNTAX: %bquote(&syntax); > >...

Re: how to output number of missing values of a text variable on #4
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:44:17 -0700, Haris <Karovaldas@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Good one, Data _Null_, NMISS function seems to work equally well for >NUM and CHAR variables Not just NMISS. Also N, MAX, and MIN. But that's only in PROC SQL, and only when the functions are applied vertically (that is, with a single argument to be evaluated for each row in the source or each row in the GROUP BY segment). When these functions are used outside PROC SQL, or inside PROC SQL with two or more arguments, they accept only numeric arguments. >and eliminates the need for SUM! Runs faster to...

Converting \pageref{} numbers to numbers in text
I have a LaTeX document that ends: \label{lastpage}\end{document} in order that I may set up such as: This question paper consists of \pageref{lastpage} pages. If the last page is, say, page 2, how can I get: This question paper consists of two pages. instead of This question paper consists of 2 pages. ? TIA "Michael Rolfe" <mumble@ANTISPAMmaths.uct.ac.za> wrote: > I have a LaTeX document that ends: > > \label{lastpage}\end{document} It can happen, that this label never goes into the .aux file. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=nofm Page numbering ``<n> of <m>'' Other packages: zref, totpages, count1to, ... > in order that I may set up such as: > > This question paper consists of \pageref{lastpage} pages. > > If the last page is, say, page 2, how can I get: > > This question paper consists of two pages. > > instead of > > This question paper consists of 2 pages. \usepackage{zref-totpages} \newcommand*{\NumAsName}[1]{% \ifcase#1% zero% \or one% \or two% \or three% \or four% \else five or more% \fi } (Perhaps a package exists for this purpose.) This question paper consists of \NumAsName{\ztotpages} pages. Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> ...

problem with importing text with number and text
i am trying to import a csv file (~49000 rows x 52 cols) with numbers text and characters in it and not getting through. xlsread works fine with all my data except the first column of data which is a time stamp. it converts the time stamps into a constant value through the entire column. To add to the problem, when opened as a text file, every row of the file starts with a comma. I got very close with textscan/textread with all the data coming in but all the rows are transposed into one column one above the other ( imagine 49000 rows 52 cells long transposed one above the other in one column c...

Safari treats text/html as text/plain
I've been writing a new CGI script to do a sort of session login for some friends. I'd been testing it mostly with firefox, mozilla and opera, where it works OK, and so I decided to test it against the other browsers that I have installed on my Mac Powerbook (10.4.5). When I tried it with Safari, I was a bit surprised to see it display the HTML, rather than rendering it. I ran one of my web-test tools to see exactly what it was sending, and got this: : webcat +H http://roaringjelly.org/~jc/acct/login.cgi HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:58:10 GMT Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Uni...

Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Hello, I am trying to extract 2 columns from a file with 425 header lines and then the following: Q (upper-edge --0.1250E-03 AmP )= 0.98880E-02+- 0.28300E-03 units/alpha/round Q (upper-edge --0.2500E-03 AmP )= 0.19648E-01+- 0.39412E-03 units/alpha/round Q (upper-edge --0.3750E-03 AmP )= 0.18384E-01+- 0.38318E-03 units/alpha/round Q (upper-edge --0.5000E-03 AmP )= 0.17536E-01+- 0.37040E-03 units/alpha/round Q (upper-edge --0.6250E-03 AmP )= 0.16064E-01+- 0.36000E-03 units/alpha/round Q (upper-edge --0.7500E-03 AmP )= 0.15888E-01+- 0.35954E-03 units/alpha/round Here is my attempt, using textscan, and the output I am getting: >> clear >> clc >> fid1=fopen('rqm7yxk1.out','rt'); >> fmt1=[' %s' '%s' '%s%s%f' '%s' '%s' ' %f%s%s' ' %f' '%s']; >> set_m=textscan(fid1, fmt1,'delimiter',' ','headerlines',425,'CollectOutput',true); %skip 425 header lines and then read in the data >> fclose(fid1); >> set_m set_m = Columns 1 through 4 {1x4 cell} [0x1 double] {0x1 cell} [0x1 double] Columns 5 through 7 {0x2 cell} [0x1 double] {0x1 cell} >> set_m{1} ans = '' 'E' '(upper-edge' '--0.1250E-03' Question: I need the 3 columns that contain the numbers. Only the first 4 colu...

reading in file with text and numbers to be able to access numbers
Hi. I am trying to read in a file that was created by another application. The first two lines of this file are composed of text that I don't need. Following are 100 lines of numbers that I do need. Any idea on how to load this file without making an overly specific script? The number of rows of numbers the other application generates varies. Thank you for any tips! Look at the TEXTREAD function. One of the options is 'headerlines', to tell it the number of lines to skip at the beginning of the file. So you would do something like this: n = textread('myfile.txt','...

number to text
hi all ! i have a number field in a table which i need to do some calculations. however after i have calculated it i need to convert it to a text field. how can i do this ?? thanks brino > i have a number field in a table which i need to do some calculations. > however after i have calculated it i need to convert it to a text > field. > how can i do this ?? Take a look at this page: http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution ...

Missing text
I have a small code. It does not print the word "hi". Why? <HEAD> <SCRIPT language=JavaScript> function listnum() { i=0 do { document.write( i + "<br>") i++ } while(i<10) }</SCRIPT> </HEAD> <BODY onload=listnum()> hi </BODY> Thank you. chirs wrote on 12 sep 2003 in comp.lang.javascript: > I have a small code. It does not print the word "hi". Why? > > <HEAD> > <SCRIPT language=JavaScript> > function listnum() { > i=0 > do { > document.write( i + ...

numbers to text
How do you change a list of numbers say,: [1,6] will give me a result of [s,i,x,t,e,e,n] [1,3] will give me: [t,h,i,r,t,e,e,n] [1,9,0,0] will result: [o,n,e,t,h,o,u,s,d,n,i,n,e,h,u,n,d,r,e,d] On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:39:54 -0800 (PST), equinox <aditya15417@gmail.com> wrote: >How do you change a list of numbers say,: > >[1,6] > >will give me a result of > >[s,i,x,t,e,e,n] > >[1,3] > >will give me: > >[t,h,i,r,t,e,e,n] > >[1,9,0,0] > >will result: > >[o,n,e,t,h,o,u,s,d,n,i,n,e,h,u,n,d,r,e,d] You change by writing program in...

Number of Numbers
Hi! i need help... there is a function that would let me now the number of numbers in a string? Thanks Hi! i need help... is there a function that would let me Know the number of numbers in a string? Thanks On Sep 10, 1:22=A0pm, misschupito <cristinap...@gmail.com> wrote: > =A0Hi! i need help... is there a function that would let me Know the > number of numbers in a string? > > =A0 Thanks Not sure if tehre is an easier way but this would work data test; char=3D'abdj 34 fffk 45fg'; num_of_digits=3Dlength(compress (char,'0''1''2''3''4''5''6''7''8''9','k'); run; ...

MISSING NUMBER
* suppose you have a set of unsorted numbers from 1 to N (a big number, say 1 million). One number is missing, how to find that missing number most efficiently? Adding the number then subtract N(N+1)/2 may not be possible since the number could be too big to store. "Tagore" <c.lang.myself@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2d6e8332-d116-4d55-a6e2-ca0e204a63c5@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com... > * suppose you have a set of unsorted numbers from 1 to N (a big > number, say 1 million). One number is missing, how to find that > missing number most efficiently? > > Add...

Zeros or Zeroes?
For some reason I seem to prefer "zeroes" with an e when it stands alone, but "zeros" when it's a compound word like "all-zeros". Is there a C standard for this? Is it a Left-pond / Right-pond issue? These are the issues we need to hammer out!! ;-) -- Mabden p.s. Can Zero ever be Off Topic in c.l.c? Mabden said the following, on 10/24/05 09:09: > For some reason I seem to prefer "zeroes" with an e when it stands > alone, but "zeros" when it's a compound word like "all-zeros". > > Is there a C standard for ...

Web resources about - Missing number treated as zero ... - comp.text.tex

Doctor Who missing episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Material from missing Doctor Who serials has seen release in books, in audio form on CD, and four episodes have been animated for DVD release. ...

Facebook Alerts Users To How Many Stories They’re Missing On News Feed
Facebook wants users to make sure they’re not missing anything on News Feed . Several users on the redesigned News Feed have started seeing notifications ...

Chronik-Fotos - Enfant-Retour Québec / The Missing Children's Network - Facebook
A Mother’s Agonizing 30 Year Search for Her Missing Son is Over! The Missing Children’s Network is excited to inform you that Edgar Frederick ...

53 Local AMBER Alert Facebook Pages Will Post Missing Children Feed Updates
Facebook held a press conference today to announce the launch of 53 AMBER Alert Pages that will dispatch bulletins about missing children via ...

Police find missing Southport boy Koby Chandler
Police hold grave fears for a seven-year-old boy who vanished from his Gold Coast home on Thursday afternoon. EARLIER A search has resumed on ...

Amber alert: Missing boy Koby Phoenix Chandler found - The Courier-Mail Search Search
MISSING Gold Coast boy Koby Chandler was found after surprised sleepover hosts saw an amber alert for him on Facebook, police have revealed. ...

Search for missing cliff diver off Wyadup Rocks, Yallingup
POLICE have revealed the identity of a man who went missing almost 24 hours ago while cliff-diving in Yallingup.

WA Museum search underway for missing Dutch treasure ship off Abrolhos Islands
An expedition is searching for a bullion-rich Dutch ship that is said to have sunk near the Abrolhos Island around 300 years ago.

What's Missing
81 degrees at lunch today in NYC. Out for a walk, which I do on near-perfect days like today. Shocked to see the Sheep Meadow on a day like today: ...

Cramer: How to stop missing big gains
Jim Cramer doesn't want investors to kick themselves for missing gains.