msc.sty ... Error: ! Missing number, treated as zero.

Any suggestions as to why the following generates errors?

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{msc}

\begin{document}

\begin{msc}{example}
    \declinst{a}{}{A}
\end{msc}

\end{document}

(/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/pstricks/pst-node.tex  v97 patch 11,
2000/11/09))
) (./tmp.aux) (msc: 'example'
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.8 \end{msc}

?
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.8 \end{msc}

?
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.8 \end{msc}

?
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.8 \end{msc}

?
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.8 \end{msc}

?
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.8 \end{msc}

?

! Package xcolor Error: Undefined color `black\c@ \endcsname \endcsname
{tmpcnt
}'.

See the xcolor package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.8 \end{msc}

?
) [1] (./tmp.aux) )
Output written on tmp.dvi (1 page, 1824 bytes).
Transcript written on tmp.log.
[ben@localhost dissertation]$

0
smythe701 (16)

"bah26" <smythe70@hotmail.com>  schrieb:

> Any suggestions as to why the following generates errors?
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{msc}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{msc}{example}
>     \declinst{a}{}{A}
> \end{msc}
>
> \end{document}

It works fine for me, but I don't have the newest versions of the
involved packages. As msc loads a lot of pstricks related files I would
suggest that you at first make sure that you have the newest versions,
and if the error persists post again together with a list of the
packages involved (put \listfiles before \documentclass).

--
Ulrike Fischer
e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen.

I have the same problem with msc.sty since the upgrade of my debian latex
package (tetex) to Version 3.0. With the "old" Version (2.0.2-30 tetex-bin)
everything worked for me.
Any hints how I can get a usable Version of msc.sty with the "new" tetex??

Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> "bah26" <smythe70@hotmail.com>  schrieb:
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{msc}
>> \begin{document}
>> \begin{msc}{example}
>>     \declinst{a}{}{A}
>> \end{msc}
>> \end{document}
>
> It works fine for me, but I don't have the newest versions of the
> involved packages. As msc loads a lot of pstricks related files I would
> suggest that you at first make sure that you have the newest versions,
> and if the error persists post again together with a list of the
> packages involved (put \listfiles before \documentclass).

However, here is what I get in my log file:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4) (format=latex
2006.5.5)  1 JUN 2006 16:40
entering extended mode
**msc
(./msc.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german,
ngerman, b
ahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch,
esperanto, e
stonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin, magyar, norsk,
polis
h, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene, spanish, swedish,
tur
kish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/base/size10.clo
File: size10.clo 2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX file (size option)
)
\c@part=\count79
\c@section=\count80
\c@subsection=\count81
\c@subsubsection=\count82
\c@paragraph=\count83
\c@subparagraph=\count84
\c@figure=\count85
\c@table=\count86
\abovecaptionskip=\skip41
\belowcaptionskip=\skip42
\bibindent=\dimen102
)
(/home/hsalps/texmf/tex/msc.sty
Package: msc 2004/03/15, v1.14

msc version 1.14. (2004/03/15)
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/graphics/color.sty
Package: color 1999/02/16 v1.0i Standard LaTeX Color (DPC)

(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/graphics/color.cfg
File: color.cfg 2005/02/03 v1.3 color configuration of teTeX/TeXLive
)
Package color Info: Driver file: dvips.def on input line 125.

(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/graphics/dvips.def
File: dvips.def 1999/02/16 v3.0i Driver-dependant file (DPC,SPQR)
)
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/graphics/dvipsnam.def
File: dvipsnam.def 1999/02/16 v3.0i Driver-dependant file (DPC,SPQR)
))
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/pstricks/pstricks.sty
Package: pstricks 2004/05/12 v0.2l LaTeX wrapper for `PSTricks' (RN,HV)

(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.tex
`PSTricks' v1.04  <2004/06/22> (tvz)
\pst@dima=\dimen103
\pst@dimb=\dimen104
\pst@dimc=\dimen105
\pst@dimd=\dimen106
\pst@dimg=\dimen107
\pst@dimh=\dimen108
\pst@hbox=\box26
\pst@boxg=\box27
\pst@cnta=\count87
\pst@cntb=\count88
\pst@cntc=\count89
\pst@cntd=\count90
\pst@cntg=\count91
\pst@cnth=\count92
\pst@toks=\toks14
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.con)
\psunit=\dimen109
\psxunit=\dimen110
\psyunit=\dimen111
\pslinewidth=\dimen112
\pst@customdefs=\toks15
\pslinearc=\dimen113
\everypsbox=\toks16
\psframesep=\dimen114
\pslabelsep=\dimen115
\theoverlaybox=\box28
)
File: pstricks.tex 2004/06/22 v1.04 `PSTricks' (tvz)

(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/xcolor/xcolor.sty
Package: xcolor 2004/07/04 v2.00 LaTeX color extensions (UK)

(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/graphics/color.cfg
File: color.cfg 2005/02/03 v1.3 color configuration of teTeX/TeXLive
)
Package xcolor Info: Package option `override' ignored on input line 128.
Package xcolor Info: Driver file: dvips.def on input line 136.
LaTeX Info: Redefining \color on input line 494.
Package xcolor Info: Color model `cmy' added on input line 972.
Package xcolor Info: Color model `HTML' added on input line 1000.
Package xcolor Info: Color model `HSB' added on input line 1006.
Package xcolor Info: Color model `Gray' added on input line 1012.
))
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/tools/calc.sty
Package: calc 1998/07/07 v4.1b Infix arithmetic (KKT,FJ)
\calc@Acount=\count93
\calc@Bcount=\count94
\calc@Adimen=\dimen116
\calc@Bdimen=\dimen117
\calc@Askip=\skip43
\calc@Bskip=\skip44
LaTeX Info: Redefining \setlength on input line 59.
LaTeX Info: Redefining \addtolength on input line 60.
\calc@denominator=\count95
)
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/base/ifthen.sty
Package: ifthen 2001/05/26 v1.1c Standard LaTeX ifthen package (DPC)
)
\actionheight=\skip45
\actionwidth=\skip46
\bottomfootdist=\skip47
\msccommentdist=\skip48
\conditionheight=\skip49
\conditionoverlap=\skip50
\envinstdist=\skip51
\firstlevelheight=\skip52
\hmscconditionheight=\skip53
\hmscconditionwidth=\skip54
\hmscconnectionradius=\skip55
\hmscreferenceheight=\skip56
\hmscreferencewidth=\skip57
\hmscstartsymbolwidth=\skip58
\inlineoverlap=\skip59
\instbarwidth=\skip60
\instdist=\skip61
\instfootheight=\skip62
\instheadheight=\skip63
\instwidth=\skip64
\labeldist=\skip65
\lastlevelheight=\skip66
\leftnamedist=\skip67
\levelheight=\skip68
\lostsymbolradius=\skip69
\markdist=\skip70
\measuredist=\skip71
\measuresymbolwidth=\skip72
\mscdocreferenceheight=\skip73
\mscdocreferencewidth=\skip74
\referenceoverlap=\skip75
\regionbarwidth=\skip76
\selfmesswidth=\skip77
\stopwidth=\skip78
\timerwidth=\skip79
\topheaddist=\skip80
\topnamedist=\skip81
\tmp@X=\skip82
\tmp@Y=\skip83
\tmp@Xa=\skip84
\tmp@Ya=\skip85
\tmp@Xb=\skip86
\tmp@Yb=\skip87
\tmp@Xc=\skip88
\tmp@Yc=\skip89
\tmp@Xd=\skip90
\tmp@Yd=\skip91
\msc@currentheight=\skip92
\msc@currentwidth=\skip93
\msc@totalwidth=\skip94
\msc@totalheight=\skip95
\msc@commentdist=\skip96
\tmp@box=\box29
\c@mscinstcnt=\count96
\c@tmpcnt=\count97
\msc@measuredist=\skip97
\mscbox=\box30

(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/pstricks/pst-node.sty
Package: pst-node 2004/07/15 package wrapper for pst-node.tex

(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/generic/pstricks/pst-node.tex
 v97 patch 11, 2000/11/09
\psrow=\count98
\pscol=\count99
\psmatrixcnt=\count100
\psrowsep=\skip98
\pscolsep=\skip99
)
File: pst-node.tex 2000/11/09 97 patch 11 `pst-node' (tvz)
))
No file msc.aux.
\openout1 = `msc.aux'.

LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OML/cmm/m/it on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for T1/cmr/m/n on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OT1/cmr/m/n on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMS/cmsy/m/n on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMX/cmex/m/n on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for U/cmr/m/n on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 5.
(msc: 'example'
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.9 \end{msc}

? quit
OK, entering \batchmode...
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.9 \end{msc}

The control sequence marked <to be read again> should
not appear between \csname and \endcsname.

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.9 \end{msc}

The control sequence marked <to be read again> should
not appear between \csname and \endcsname.

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.9 \end{msc}

A number should have been here; I inserted `0'.
(If you can't figure out why I needed to see a number,
look up `weird error' in the index to The TeXbook.)

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.9 \end{msc}

The control sequence marked <to be read again> should
not appear between \csname and \endcsname.

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \c@
l.9 \end{msc}

The control sequence marked <to be read again> should
not appear between \csname and \endcsname.

! Package xcolor Error: Undefined color `black\c@ \endcsname \endcsname
{tmpcnt
}'.

See the xcolor package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.9 \end{msc}

Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.

 ) [1

] (./msc.aux)

 *File List*
 article.cls    2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class
  size10.clo    2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX file (size option)
     msc.sty    2004/03/15, v1.14
   color.sty    1999/02/16
   color.cfg    2005/02/03 v1.3 color configuration of teTeX/TeXLive
   dvips.def    1999/02/16 v3.0i Driver-dependant file (DPC,SPQR)
dvipsnam.def    1999/02/16 v3.0i Driver-dependant file (DPC,SPQR)
pstricks.sty    2004/05/12 v0.2l LaTeX wrapper for `PSTricks' (RN,HV)
pstricks.tex    2004/06/22 v1.04 `PSTricks' (tvz)
  xcolor.sty    2004/07/04 v2.00 LaTeX color extensions (UK)
   color.cfg    2005/02/03 v1.3 color configuration of teTeX/TeXLive
    calc.sty    1998/07/07 v4.1b Infix arithmetic (KKT,FJ)
  ifthen.sty    2001/05/26 v1.1c Standard LaTeX ifthen package (DPC)
pst-node.sty    2004/07/15 package wrapper for pst-node.tex
pst-node.tex    2000/11/09 97 patch 11 `pst-node' (tvz)
 ***********

 )
Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 2545 strings out of 94501
 30124 string characters out of 1175795
 107995 words of memory out of 1000000
 5756 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
 4247 words of font info for 16 fonts, out of 500000 for 2000
 580 hyphenation exceptions out of 8191
 36i,5n,42p,171b,302s stack positions out of 1500i,500n,5000p,200000b,5000s

Output written on msc.dvi (1 page, 1824 bytes).

Thanks for any tips

Daniel

--
Don�t talk unless you can improve the silence.
- Laurence C. Coughlin

Missing number treated as zero ...
Hi, I've got a problem with Latex' counters. I always get "Missing number treated as zero". I only wanted a simple counter which returns consecutive numbering ... Does anybody have a hint for me? \documentclass[11pt,openright]{book} \newcounter{count}% \setcounter{count}{2}% \newcommand{\test}{% \stepcounter{count}% \value{count}% } \begin{document} test counter is \test \end{document} Thx, Andreas On 11-03-2007 14:58, andreas.heindl@gmail.com wrote: > I've got a problem with Latex' counters. I always get "Missing number > treated as zero". I only wanted a simple counter which returns > consecutive numbering ... > Does anybody have a hint for me? > > \documentclass[11pt,openright]{book} > \newcounter{count}% > \setcounter{count}{2}% > \newcommand{\test}{% > \stepcounter{count}% > \value{count}% > } > > > \begin{document} > > test counter is \test > > \end{document} Instead of \value{count}, try \arabic{count} or \the\value{count} or \thecount. Best regards, Jose Carlos Santos Muchas gracias! \arabic worked for me! Thanks, Andreas ...

ledpar: missing number treated as zero
I'm trying to use ledpar and lepmac but at the first page I get this discouraging message: (./TEMPLATE.1) ! Missing number, treated as zero. <to be read again> \l@dLcolrawbox11 l.152 \repl{Barnardo}{Who's there?} Thanks for any help. ...

Need to replace missing values with zeros in a varying number of rows and varying number of columns
People, I am working in PC SAS v8.1 I have a program that finds the number of times a varying number of people get a document to different levels of completeness. The program displays this information from the beginning of the current month to the current day. Using a separate column for each day. So as the month continues the number of days(columns) increases. If person A does not get a document to level 2 completeness on a certain day the field currently is blank. The user would like the report to display zeros instead of blanks. I create the report in SAS and then export the final repo...

Re: Need to replace missing values with zeros in a varying number of rows and varying number of columns #2
It's a little hard to be sure without seeing sample data, but it seems to me that David does not want all missing values converted to zero, but only those corresponding to the current and previous dates. Suppose there are three days. On the first day, expected progress occurs. On the second day, failure to progress. On the third day, catchup and completion. So the dataset looks like C b b C b b C C C where "C" represents completion "b" a blank. My sense is that David wants C b b C 0 b C C C rather than C 0 0 C 0 0 C C C I suggest using an array and a loo...

Re: Need to replace missing values with zeros in a varying number of rows and varying number of columns #3
People, First -- sorry for not including data nor code. I will in the future. I am learning alot about SAS and working with the folk on sas-l. Everyone's patience and help is appreicated Second -- Howeard is correct. I am working to implement the array and loop. Thanks Dave -----Original Message----- From: Howard Schreier [mailto:Howard_Schreier@ITA.DOC.GOV] Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 6:30 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Need to replace missing values with zeros in a varying number of rows and varying number of columns It's a little hard to be sure without seeing sam...

number zero in text field
Hi heros, I have a text field that stores numbers like 06-1234. I created a combo box to look up values on a form based on the number. However, I can't get it formatted correctly. It is formatted @@-@@@@. The results are 0-61234 in the combo box. Can you assist me? Thank you Charlie -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com hireagenius wrote: > Hi heros, > I have a text field that stores numbers like 06-1234. I created a combo box > to look up values on a form based on the number. However, I can't get it > formatted correctly. It is formatted @@-@@@@. ...

Text file with numbers and text, want to just read numbers
I have a series of text files I want to read. The files begin with header information. The number of rows of header information changes, there is no commenting symbol such as %%, and the header information sometimes has numbers such as a date or a time. I want to read in the number and only the numbers. This is an example of a file: (Again, the header info changes, different # of lines, different text) Vector Signal [Measurement4]: 09/27/2006, 09:05:24 Units: EU Time Real 0 0.053732 9.6e-005 0.11968 0.000192 0.085483 0.000288 ...

Appending text to number returns #Error
I have a routine that imports text data to an 'import table'. I'd like to then clean it up (get rid of all blanks, etc) and then append it to a data table. The data imports as text, but in the destination I need it as a number. I've tried using an append query, with Expr1: CInt([Data]) as the source, but this only results in #Error. Is there another function I should be using? Will I have to do this in VB code? Thanks, maddman Maddman, I'd look at the source data. That sort of error appears when somewhere in the data there is something that won't cleanly conve...

\ref and the "missing number" error
I want to be able to do some arithmetic with prose line numbers from lineno.sty. I am finding the line number of a snippet using \linelabel{#1}, where #1 is the text of the snippet. \ref{#1} will give the line number of the argument #1. The first time through, of course, the reference is undefined, but after the ref has been written to an aux file the \ref is defined. Now suppose I want to take that number and set a counter, as follows \newcommand{\setproselemmastart}[1]{% \setcounter{proselinenumber}{\ref{#1}}\unskip% } This works fine the second time through, after the \ref is defined, but it of course gives the "missing number" error the first time through, as it should. Is there a way of testing whether \ref{#1} has already been defined? If there were, I could avoid the error, and just complain on the log file, something like this \ifrefundefined{#1} \setcounter{proselinenumber}{0} \typeout{Missing number from reference. Run again to get values right} \else \setproselemmastart{#1} \fi This must have occurred to somebody before. Thanks John burt@brandeis.edu writes: >Is there a way of testing whether \ref{#1} has already been defined? If >there were, I could avoid the error, and just complain on the log file, >something like this > >\ifrefundefined{#1} >\setcounter{proselinenumber}{0} >\typeout{Missing number from reference. Run again to get values right} >\else >\setproselemmastart{#1} >\fi \newcommand*\ifrefundefined[1]...

text field only for text
Hi I would like some help about the following : I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I limit this situation ? So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. TIA Paulo "Paulo Rodrigues" <amigo.alf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:<newscache$kgmtmh$bb1$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt>... > Hi > > I would like some help about the following : > > I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I > limit > this situation ? > > So far, I couldn't...

Error: missing ) in parenthetical error
Hi, Trying the following ... function getCurrentVal(poValue) { var lcCurrentVal = 0; if (isNaN(parseInt(poValue))) { var loValue = poValue.toUpperCase(); if (loValue == "/") { lcCurrentVal = "/"; } if (loValue == "X") ( lcCurrentVal = "X"; { } else { lcCurrentVal = parseInt(poValue); } if(lcCurrentVal) { return lcCurrentVal; } } and am getting the error Error: missing ) in parenthetical Line: 189, Column: 23 Source Code: lcCurrentVal = "X"; I can't for the life of me figure it out. If i comment this line out it works fine (but then t...

\includegraphics causing "treated as zero" error
I'm throwing in a logo at the beginning of my document and getting errors, but I cant see what I'm doing wrong - can anyone point me out the fault? ______________________________ \begin{document} \setcounter{page}{0} \pagenumbering{empty} \includegraphics[width=100mm,height=20mm,angle=0]{logo.pdf} \frontmatter \chapter{Abstract} ___________________________ [PDFLaTeX] finished with exit status 1 ../thesis.tex:45:Missing number, treated as zero. \frontmatter If I remove the includegraphics it runs through fine. Where am i going astray?! On 03-09-2007 14:45, CoyoteBoy wrote: > I'm throwing in a logo at the beginning of my document and getting > errors, but I cant see what I'm doing wrong - can anyone point me out > the fault? > ______________________________ > \begin{document} > > \setcounter{page}{0} > \pagenumbering{empty} > > \includegraphics[width=100mm,height=20mm,angle=0]{logo.pdf} > > \frontmatter > \chapter{Abstract} > ___________________________ > > [PDFLaTeX] finished with exit status 1 > ./thesis.tex:45:Missing number, treated as zero. \frontmatter > > If I remove the includegraphics it runs through fine. Where am i going > astray?! This has nothing to do with the \includegraphics command. You will get the same error if you compile this file: \documentclass{book} \begin{document} \setcounter{page}{0} \pagenumbering{empty} a \frontmatter \chapter{Abstract} test \end{document} Th...

how to output number of missing values of a text variable on a table?
hello proc means or proc tabulate give quickly number of missing value for continuous variables on a specific table. I would like to do the same with a text variable. i would like to export on a table the number of missing value for my variable. How about something like this: data missing ; input a 1 b$ 3 c 5 ; cards ; 1 a 1 2 . 2 3 a . .. a 4 5 a 5 6 . . .. a 7 8 a . 9 . 9 ; proc sql ; select case when type='num' then 'sum(' || name || '= . ) as ' || name when type='char' then 'sum(' || name || "= '' ) as " || name ...

Insert zero before number(as a first character) of type text
Hi: Is there any way by which i insert 0 before the value by query. I have a table contains 10,000 records and because of some reason i need to move 0 before number of field Tech_ID. Type of field is Text. Thank You. Do you want to permmanently change the field values? If so you can build an update query in the query builder (go to query menu and choose update query). Choose the field Tech_ID and set the "update to" field to be: "0" & [Tech_ID]. If you don't want the changes to be permanent, you could just make a select query with a field called something li...

Re: how to output number of missing values of a text variable on
hi ... how about proc freq ... data test ; input a 1 b : $3. c 5 name : $5; datalines; 1 a 1 mike 2 . 2 sara 3 a . . .. a 4 barack 5 a 5 armondo 6 . . . .. a 7 . 8 a . . 9 . 9 . ; run; proc format; value $miss ' ' = 'MISSING' other='NOT MISSING'; run; proc freq data=test; table _character_ / missing; format _character_ $miss.; run; to "export on a table" (maybe in Excel) use ODS ... ods html file='z:\missing.html'; proc freq data=test; table _character_ / missing; format _character_ $miss.; run; ods html close; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School ...

Re: how to output number of missing values of a text variable on #4
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:44:17 -0700, Haris <Karovaldas@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Good one, Data _Null_, NMISS function seems to work equally well for >NUM and CHAR variables Not just NMISS. Also N, MAX, and MIN. But that's only in PROC SQL, and only when the functions are applied vertically (that is, with a single argument to be evaluated for each row in the source or each row in the GROUP BY segment). When these functions are used outside PROC SQL, or inside PROC SQL with two or more arguments, they accept only numeric arguments. >and eliminates the need for SUM! Runs faster to...

Error testing... division by zero and square root of negative number
I am relatively new to REALbasic (I'm coming over from a Visual Basic background) and am having trouble finding information concerning division by zero and square root of negative number error conditions. In VB, these operations raise errors that can be tested for whereas RB seems to think these operations produce real numbers. Now, I have tested around some and have found that 0/0 and Sqrt(NegativeValue) return a String(?) value of NaN (which I assume means "Not A Number") whereas NonZeroNumber/0 returns a String(?) value of inf (which I assume means "infinity...

Re: how to output number of missing values of a text variable on #3
One more think I do not know about SQL. There are so many. On 10/22/08, Haris <Karovaldas@gmail.com> wrote: > Good one, Data _Null_, NMISS function seems to work equally well for > NUM and CHAR variables and eliminates the need for SUM! Runs faster > too! > > proc sql; > select catx(' ','nmiss(',name,') as', name) > into :syntax separated by ", " > from dictionary.columns > where Libname = "WORK" AND MemName = "MISSING" ; > > %put NOTE: GENERATED SYNTAX: %bquote(&syntax); > >...

Ye Olde "TeX capacity exceeded / number of strings" Error
I am trying out the latest MikTeX 2.7 distribution for Windows. I am using xelatex to build a rather lengthy PDF document (about 750 pages). However, at 613 pages, I get the "TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [number of strings=30435]" error. When I used to use the W32TeX distribution, I would just edit the max_strings value in texmf.cnf file and rebuild the formats. This would fix the problem. However, I can't seem to effectively do this with MikTeX. First of all, there is no texmf.cnf file. Here is what I did manage to do, after reading the MikTeX documentation and Googling a bit: At a command prompt, I did "initexmf --edit-config-file=xelatex" and added "max_strings=100000". Then I ran the MikTeX Settings utility, rebuilt databases, formats, and specifically the formats for xelatex (on the formats tab). Although this had an affect on things (the number of strings value changed from 30441 to 30435) it still didn't work. If I compile the same code under W32TeX, it works. Any ideas? Jeff Dodson Am Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:12:23 -0700 (PDT) schrieb jeffdod: > I am trying out the latest MikTeX 2.7 distribution for Windows. I am > using xelatex to build a rather lengthy PDF document (about 750 > pages). However, at 613 pages, I get the "TeX capacity exceeded, sorry > [number of strings=30435]" error. When I used to use the W32TeX > distribution, I would just edit the max_strings value in texmf.cnf > file and rebuild th...

xkeyval: can't figure out "missing number" error
Greetings, I'm trying to write a package that takes optional arguments and think xkeyval is exactly what I need. I reproduce my entire 2 docs below (a test style file, using xkeyval, and a test.tex file that exercises test.sty). I am trying to usepackage as below, with [secid=C] as an argument. Within the style file, I want to be able to use a secid variable that's then set to C. *** Question 1. The error message from what's below: ! Missing number, treated as zero. <to be read again> t l.3 That "t" is the "t" from "test class v1.0" (weird, huh?). I know "missing number" means something expected a numerical environment that I'm not supplying, but I can't figure out what. *** Question 2. I know DeclareOptionX is supposed to take an argument that is code to run if "secid" is set. For instance, I can say "\renewcommand{\thepage}{#1-\arabic{page}}" and then my pages should be numbered secid-N, where N is the page number. What if I want to declare a new command that takes an argument, for example \mytitle{titlename} that then puts out "secid. titlename"? Normally I would use #1 to declare that argument titlename, but #1 is already used in DeclareOptionX. Thanks for any help you can offer. Using tetex 3.01 on OS X 10.4.1 and "\ProvidesPackage{xkeyval}[2005/01/30 v2.0 package option processing (HA)]". JDO % test.sty \NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e} \ProvidesPa...

Error Number 1571 or Error 1517
Basically of you look thro' Access on Google you'll gather that nobody quite understands why error 1517 should arise. - I'm talking about Access 2000 only here. Error messages in books/manuals tend to run from 3 to 94, 321 to 746 (with gaps) and then 3000 to 3673. I've printed my own list which is 3 to 95, 280 to 298, 2000 to 3428, 7750 to 7591 (all inclusive) I've never seen any in the 900 to 1999 range. I'm of the opinion that 1517 is related to odd or intermittent hardware/network errors. Probably related to timing, meaning the program sends a message to th...

chemmacros, exp13.sty error error
Hi, I'm trying to write chemistry with oxidation numbers and if I google correctly chemmacros appear to be a good way to do this. But when I try to use it I get complaines about exp13.sty, about which I can find nothing useful. Code: \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article} \usepackage[version=3]{mhchem} \usepackage{chemmacros} \begin{document} \ce{\ox{1,H}} \end{document} And the error message is: ! LaTeX Error: File `exp13.sty' not found. Any suggestions? Par -- Par usenet@hunter-gatherer.org What was it they were saying about arnold in conan the barbarian. Oh yes, the lead actor's bust was 42" compared with the lead actress's 36". -- Fan Li Tai Par <usenet@hunter-gatherer.org> writes: > I'm trying to write chemistry with oxidation numbers and if I google > correctly chemmacros appear to be a good way to do this. But when I try > to use it I get complaines about exp13.sty, about which I can find > nothing useful. tiresome for you. expl3 is part of the experimental latex 3 release, and i see that chemmacros has used it (and some others from the same stable) since october last. you expl3 is part of the l3kernel bundle. chemmacros also uses stuff from the l3packages bundle. both bundles are available on ctan: mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/l3kernel mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/l3packages and they're in both miktex (which i guess you'r...

problem with importing text with number and text
i am trying to import a csv file (~49000 rows x 52 cols) with numbers text and characters in it and not getting through. xlsread works fine with all my data except the first column of data which is a time stamp. it converts the time stamps into a constant value through the entire column. To add to the problem, when opened as a text file, every row of the file starts with a comma. I got very close with textscan/textread with all the data coming in but all the rows are transposed into one column one above the other ( imagine 49000 rows 52 cells long transposed one above the other in one column c...

Converting \pageref{} numbers to numbers in text
I have a LaTeX document that ends: \label{lastpage}\end{document} in order that I may set up such as: This question paper consists of \pageref{lastpage} pages. If the last page is, say, page 2, how can I get: This question paper consists of two pages. instead of This question paper consists of 2 pages. ? TIA "Michael Rolfe" <mumble@ANTISPAMmaths.uct.ac.za> wrote: > I have a LaTeX document that ends: > > \label{lastpage}\end{document} It can happen, that this label never goes into the .aux file. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=nofm Page numbering ``<n> of <m>'' Other packages: zref, totpages, count1to, ... > in order that I may set up such as: > > This question paper consists of \pageref{lastpage} pages. > > If the last page is, say, page 2, how can I get: > > This question paper consists of two pages. > > instead of > > This question paper consists of 2 pages. \usepackage{zref-totpages} \newcommand*{\NumAsName}[1]{% \ifcase#1% zero% \or one% \or two% \or three% \or four% \else five or more% \fi } (Perhaps a package exists for this purpose.) This question paper consists of \NumAsName{\ztotpages} pages. Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> ...

Web resources about - msc.sty ... Error: ! Missing number, treated as zero. - comp.text.tex

Doctor Who missing episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Material from missing Doctor Who serials has seen release in books, in audio form on CD, and four episodes have been animated for DVD release. ...

Facebook Alerts Users To How Many Stories They’re Missing On News Feed
Facebook wants users to make sure they’re not missing anything on News Feed . Several users on the redesigned News Feed have started seeing notifications ...

Chronik-Fotos - Enfant-Retour Québec / The Missing Children's Network - Facebook
A Mother’s Agonizing 30 Year Search for Her Missing Son is Over! The Missing Children’s Network is excited to inform you that Edgar Frederick ...

53 Local AMBER Alert Facebook Pages Will Post Missing Children Feed Updates
Facebook held a press conference today to announce the launch of 53 AMBER Alert Pages that will dispatch bulletins about missing children via ...

Police find missing Southport boy Koby Chandler
Police hold grave fears for a seven-year-old boy who vanished from his Gold Coast home on Thursday afternoon. EARLIER A search has resumed on ...

Amber alert: Missing boy Koby Phoenix Chandler found - The Courier-Mail Search Search
MISSING Gold Coast boy Koby Chandler was found after surprised sleepover hosts saw an amber alert for him on Facebook, police have revealed. ...

Search for missing cliff diver off Wyadup Rocks, Yallingup
POLICE have revealed the identity of a man who went missing almost 24 hours ago while cliff-diving in Yallingup.

WA Museum search underway for missing Dutch treasure ship off Abrolhos Islands
An expedition is searching for a bullion-rich Dutch ship that is said to have sunk near the Abrolhos Island around 300 years ago.

What's Missing
81 degrees at lunch today in NYC. Out for a walk, which I do on near-perfect days like today. Shocked to see the Sheep Meadow on a day like today: ...

Cramer: How to stop missing big gains
Jim Cramer doesn't want investors to kick themselves for missing gains.