My problem of MinionPro text blended with Eulervm package for math fonts

Hi, I installed adobe MinionPro fonts followed the instructions of
minionpro bundles,the simple test shows the result is OK, the codes are
as follows:
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[mathlf]{MinionPro}
\begin{document}
Begin with adode MinionPro, text figures 123345 and 9876,and ligas
fififi,fiflflfl.\\
then maths :
\[
\phi(x)=\int_{0}^{\infty}e^{-x^2/2}\,dx
\]
and
\[
\sum_{i=1}^n f_i(x)
\]
\end{document}

 when I loaded the eulervm package after the MinionPro,however the
integral and sum symbol s were changed to eulervm character "R"and "P"!
anyone experenced this odd issue? or anything I losted? and the
solution?
thanks!
P.S.My system:win2kpro+miktex2.4 full+winedt5.4, and the related
packages were all updated to the latest versions.

0
jintau (7)

jintau@gmail.com schrieb:
>  when I loaded the eulervm package after the MinionPro,however the
> integral and sum symbol s were changed to eulervm character "R"and "P"!
> anyone experenced this odd issue? or anything I losted? and the
> solution?

Grab the CVS version of MinionPro.dtx from
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/minionpro/, and issue
\usepackage[onlytext]{MinionPro}

See also http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/MinionPro.pdf.

Michael
thank your reply,Mike, now everything is OK!  and I think the updates
should be transfered to CTAN :)
best regards,
J.T

0
jintau (7)
5/24/2006 5:05:48 PM
thank your reply,Mike, now everything is OK!  and I think the updates
should be transfered to CTAN :)
best regards,
J.T

0
jintau (7)

text + text

text-text

Combining Math Fonts with Text Fonts
Dear all, I have two questions. 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what properties a math font should have if you want tp combine it with a given text font? I am aware of Stephan Hartke's ``A Survey of Free Math Fonts for TeX and LaTeX'' but this ``just'' lists some nice combinations; it doesn't list the guidelines. I'd be much obliged if anybody could provide me with some pointers. 2) I am thinking of buying a font licence for FF Nexus, but I need some advice for a good accompanying math font. Unfortunately, the licence is pretty expensive: it would be a pitty to buy it and then find that there's no nice accompanying math font. One of the main reasons why I'd like to use FF Nexus is because it has a serif, a sans serif, a slab serif, and a typewriter typeface which go very well together. I'm thinking of using the serif for the main text, the sans serif for captions, the slab serif for section titles, and the typewriter for identifiers. (You may find more information about FF Nexus on http://www.martinmajoor.com/4_nexus.html.) Again, I'd be much obliged for suggestions. It would be nice if you could let me know why you think a particular suggestion is nice. Of course, ideally the math font should be free. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Marc van Dongen Le 06/06/2011 06:58, Marc van Dongen a �crit : > Dear all, > > > I have two questions. > > 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what pr...

problem with importing text with number and text
i am trying to import a csv file (~49000 rows x 52 cols) with numbers text and characters in it and not getting through. xlsread works fine with all my data except the first column of data which is a time stamp. it converts the time stamps into a constant value through the entire column. To add to the problem, when opened as a text file, every row of the file starts with a comma. I got very close with textscan/textread with all the data coming in but all the rows are transposed into one column one above the other ( imagine 49000 rows 52 cells long transposed one above the other in one column c...

Text Encoding Problems
I am using the code 'convertEncoding(field1.text,encodings.SystemDefault)' to ensure that if a user enters special characters (eg bullet points and so on) into a field, they are saved correctly. However, although this code solves that problem, Japanese characters are still returned as '?'. Is there an easy way of check if Japanese characters are used in the field, and saving these correctly? Thanks Graeme In article <BE8191AC.206EA%blocksoft@dsl.pipex.com>, BlockSoft <blocksoft@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > I am using the code 'convertEncoding(fi...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Pages

text 2 text

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Font problems extracting Text
Hi, I am extracting the text from PDF files using iether GEMINI or Scansoft PDF converter. Most of the text (99%) is usually fine, but I always run into the same problem: - The text is from scientific papers. Therefore, it is very common to find symbols like less or equal than, porcentage, plus and minus, degree, etc. Many times this symbols show OK on screen in the extracted file (a DOC or RTF file), but when I change the font in the extracted text to a standard font in Windows (Times New Roman) or ANY other font, the symbol do not show up like it originally was. I only see a square (the t...

Placing text in PICT, problem getting text all the way to the bottom
49G+ I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am doing it placing labels on the drawing. I use a short line of code below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing: { # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is two pixels up from the bottom. Any advice to get it all the way down to the bottom or this not possible on the 49G+. >I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am &g...

font loading for both text and math mode
Hello to All, May someone tell me how to load a font (like cmdunh10, or any other) in a sty-file, in order to have it available in both normal text and math- mode, and the possibility to be scaled with command like \huge, \Large, etc.? Are there any package to load for making it easy to do with LaTeX, or should I copy some code from some file, and putting it in my sty-file apporting the modifications desired? In this last case, which file should I manage? Thank you very much. Jack. enrico.toniolo@poste.it (Jack) schrieb: > Hello to All, > > May someone tell me how to load a...

Fonts (math+text) vs LaTex
Dear group I would like to use a number of Gnuplots in a LaTex document. Many of the plots contain math fonts in axis labels and so on. The standard latex document font is Times while the Gnuplot fonts should all be Helvetica. I have tried to simply use the postscript-eps terminal with large enough fonts and scale the plot to a suitable size for the document. This comes close to the desired result except that on pages with several graphs this can look a bit odd because all the plotting areas are of slightly different dimensions depending on axis labels. Other than that I have tried to use the epslatex terminal since the fonts are all being replaced to match the document fonts. However, here I get a Times font in the plots as well. Have not managed to get rid of these, particularly the math fonts give me a headache. I have 2 questions: 1. Has some got a better idea than what I have tried? 2. When I convert the eps files to pdf by epstopdf, the gridlines and several other line sizes are altered. The entire graph looks crappy. The same happens if converted using Acrobat Writer. Any clues? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Ingo On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 03:55:36 -0700, Ingo wrote: > Dear group > > I would like to use a number of Gnuplots in a LaTex document. Many of > the plots contain math fonts in axis labels and so on. The standard > latex document font is Times while the Gnuplot fonts should all be > Helvetica. ...

Font/text blurry---display problem?
This is a new HP nx6110 laptop that arrived yesterday. It is a Celeron 1.4GHz, 256MB, and the video card shares up to 128MB system memory. The LCD is 15" with a maxium resolution of 1024x768. I found something is probably wrong with the display. The font (text) is blurry. To be specific, here is an example. The capital English letter 'I' is composed of a single column of pixels on a LCD monitor. However, on this monitor, there are another column of pixels with light blue or grey color right next to the 'I', literally making the 'I' a shadowed letter, which is very...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style text the thing does get a double box size but still appears smaller StyleBox[FractionBox[x, y], FontSize -> 18] // DisplayForm shows it larger. there are a few ways you can wrap stylebox around every FractionBox whenever FractionBox is input or whenever it's output. see InputAutoReplacements for one way. Another way is to make FractionBox function yourself (call the orig. one but wrap it). Again there may be a Global Option for BoxData or RowBox I can't find that, using Style Text, chooses a bigger font. HOWEVER. If I change from Text style to Input it is changed: my 1/2 is fully double sized again automatically. ** I'd say pop open the Style Sheet and see where the difference is there ** sorry if that didn't help ...

SAX parsing problem, when element contains text like "[text]"
Hello. I try to parse some XML results of PubMed (the largest biomedical article database). The document contains elements like this: <articletitle>[Virus and RNA silencing]</articletitle> Now my problem is that the characters function of my SAX handler is called twice for "[Virus and RNA silencing]". The first time I get "[Virus and RNA silencing" and the second time "]". I am not very experienced regarding XML and XML processing. Why does this happen? Why not one call for "[Virus and RNA silencing]"? And is there a way to set a property for SAX to behave that (only one call) way? Best regards, Kai Kai Schlamp wrote: > I try to parse some XML results of PubMed (the largest biomedical > article database). > The document contains elements like this: <articletitle>[Virus and RNA > silencing]</articletitle> > Now my problem is that the characters function of my SAX handler is > called twice for "[Virus and RNA silencing]". > The first time I get "[Virus and RNA silencing" and the second time > "]". > I am not very experienced regarding XML and XML processing. Why does > this happen? Why not one call for "[Virus and RNA silencing]"? And is > there a way to set a property for SAX to behave that (only one call) > way? This is expected behavior of a SAX parser. You characters method should accumulate content and endElement do the final proc...

Word XP: highlighting text, suddenly text below it turns into strange font boxes
Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own. First ... what application that you are using? It DOES make a difference. Second ... this sounds like a video driver issue, particularly if you are using Micro$loth Pub$lasher ... have you checked the video adopter manufacturer's web site and updated to the most current driver for Windows XP? "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9e942a5.0307091449.7a8db89d@posting.google.com... > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't > a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own. Possibly a font substitution problem. I font is being requested which is not installed so another font is being used for the display. Alas, the substituted font does not have the glyphs being requested so you are getting the "sorry-no can do" box. Other problems can produce the result. A fairly frequent one is a corrupt or non-matching printer driver. RDS99 mentions that one. Give us a few more details and someone might be able to give better suggestions. In the meantime, check to be sure a good copy the font(s) being used is/are installed on the system. Try removing and reinstalling a fresh copy of the printer driver. "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9e942a5.0307091449.7a8db89d@posting.google.com... > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus...

problem specifying text width with geometry package

Use text font for 1234567890 in math mode
Hi there, How to set up LaTeX in a .sty/.cls file so that 1234567890 uses the text font instead of the math font? For example, $1234567890$ should be typeset automatically in text font figures. Thanks. Leo -- Emacs uptime: 49 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes, 4 seconds Am Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:55:49 +0000 schrieb Leo: > Hi there, > > How to set up LaTeX in a .sty/.cls file so that 1234567890 uses the text > font instead of the math font? For example, $1234567890$ should be > typeset automatically in text font figures. Thanks. To get numbers e.g. in helvet you can do something like this \documentclass{article} \DeclareSymbolFont{numbers}{T1}{phv}{m}{n} \DeclareMathSymbol{0}\mathalpha{numbers}{"30} \DeclareMathSymbol{1}\mathalpha{numbers}{"31} \DeclareMathSymbol{2}\mathalpha{numbers}{"32} \DeclareMathSymbol{3}\mathalpha{numbers}{"33} \DeclareMathSymbol{4}\mathalpha{numbers}{"34} \DeclareMathSymbol{5}\mathalpha{numbers}{"35} \DeclareMathSymbol{6}\mathalpha{numbers}{"36} \DeclareMathSymbol{7}\mathalpha{numbers}{"37} \DeclareMathSymbol{8}\mathalpha{numbers}{"38} \DeclareMathSymbol{9}\mathalpha{numbers}{"39} \begin{document} $abc=1234567890$ \end{document} (see beamerbasefont.sty from beamer) -- Ulrike Fischer Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > How to set up LaTeX in a .sty/.cls file so that 1234567890 uses the text > font instead of the math font? For example, $123456789...

font problem with import text wizard in ACC97
Greetings When I use the import text wizard with a fixed width text file, I add a break at the correct column but it doesn't line up with the text. It seems that the display is shown in a non-proportional font. When I look at the text file in notepad it's all nicely lined up but in the wizard it's all over the place. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using Access 97 and Windows 98. Also found the same thing with XP (I have a dual boot) Thanks ,-._|\ David Aylott (Author of Access Version Checking utility) / Oz \ Email: http://www.aylott.com.au/feedback.htm \_,...

Searching for Baskerville based text and math font
I'm searching for a text and math font based on Baskerville, which is the most beautiful font ever designed, in my opinion. I'm aware of some Baskerville based text fonts for LaTeX (e.g. adapting Adobe's Baskerville based font for LaTeX), but no math fonts. A company named "MicroPress" offers (?) a product exactly like I'm searching for: http://www.micropress-inc.com/fonts/bamath/bamain.htm However, I have called and emailed the number and address listed on the web page, but haven't been able to reach anyone. My suspicion is that MicroPress is no longer an act...

Searching for Baskerville based text and math font
I'm searching for a text and math font based on Baskerville, which is the most beautiful font ever designed, in my opinion. I'm aware of some Baskerville based text fonts for LaTeX (e.g. adapting Adobe's Baskerville based font for LaTeX), but no math fonts. A company named "MicroPress" offers (?) a product exactly like I'm searching for: http://www.micropress-inc.com/fonts/bamath/bamain.htm However, I have called and emailed the number and address listed on the web page, but haven't been able to reach anyone. My suspicion is that MicroPress is no longer an active company. If MicroPress ever was active, then someone somewhere in the world is bound to have a copy of the MicroPress BA Math Fonts. Does anyone in this group have the fonts? Does anyone in this group know anything about MicroPress or how I could reach someone from the company? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks. Daniel <djuatdelta@gmail.com> writes: > I'm searching for a text and math font based on Baskerville, which is > the most beautiful font ever designed, in my opinion. I'm aware of > some Baskerville based text fonts for LaTeX (e.g. adapting Adobe's > Baskerville based font for LaTeX), but no math fonts. > > A company named "MicroPress" offers (?) a product exactly like I'm > searching for: > http://www.micropress-inc.com/fonts/bamath/bamain.htm not encouraging that it's got such an aged datestamp. ...

Web resources about - My problem of MinionPro text blended with Eulervm package for math fonts - comp.text.tex

Best publish-subscribe messaging protocol
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

The TeX Catalogue OnLine, Hierarchical Ctan Edition
Search - Home - Alpha - Brief - Topical - Hierarchical TeX Catalogue (Hierarchical Ctan Edition) Graham Williams Copyright © 1986-2011 Graha ...

T e X Archive
=== MinionPro Binary Distribution === http://developer.berlios.de/projects/minionpro Achim Blumensath Andreas B\"uhmann Michael ZedlerThese files ...

Installing Minion Pro
Setting up a new machine is usually a pain, especially if—like me—you have a bunch of additional stuff installed that isn’t living in your user ...

LCDF Type Software
WarnockPro-Regular , WarnockPro-It , MinionPro-Regular , MinionPro-It These PDF documents illustrate the range of features available in Adobe'sOpenType ...