Placing figures at the end of the document

Hi everyone,

Is there a command that automatically places floats (figures and tables)
at the very end of the document, ideally putting each figure on a
separate page?  I am writing a journal paper in the IEEEtran environment
and have to frequently switch between double-column and single-column
format.  Such a command would help to save me a lot of time.

Thanks,
-Stefan
0
stg8031 (1)

Stefan Geirhofer <stg803@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a command that automatically places floats (figures and
> tables) at the very end of the document, ideally putting each figure
> on a separate page?

Have a look at endfloat.sty:

http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=endfloat

Patrick
--
"Dad! We're the MTV generation. Nothing can upset us. We feel neither
highs nor lows."  - Lisa Simpson

placing floats at the end of the document
Hi 1- Is there a way to send ALL the floating bodies to the END of the document? 2- Can placement for all the floats be specified at the preambule? Thats is, is there a way to change the default [tbp] to anything we like (namely go to end)? Thanks -- Carlos C. Meca Service Hopitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA 4 place du General Leclerc 91401 Orsay, France tel: + 33 (0)1 69 86 77 36 fax: + 33 (0)1 69 86 77 86 e-mail: meca@shfj.cea.fr * Carlos Meca (2003-08-05) writes: > 1- Is there a way to send ALL the floating bodies to the END of the > document? Have a look at the FAQ: htt...

joke: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}.
\documentclass{article} \begin{document} \def\else{Ha! Ha!} \end{document} Hello! When running the example above, I get the following message: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. Well. OK. Why is this an error? Regards Ulrich "Ulrich Diez" <ulrich.diez@alumni.uni-tuebingen.de> writes: > \documentclass{article} > \begin{document} > \def\else{Ha! Ha!} > \end{document} > > Hello! > > When running the example above, I get the following message: > > LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? Because you broke LaTeX. Use \newcommand\else{Oops} and find out. Hell, you get bogus "Extra }" errors from fragile commands in moving arguments, without even breaking LaTeX itself. Some other attractive command names are \box, \output, \above, \count, \day, \if, \mark, \number, \over, \read, ... all of which are fundamental TeX commands, used internally. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> writes: > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? > Because you broke LaTeX. OK, I did understand the posting to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (or "cheeky") but I didn't notice the "subject" or realize it was a straight-out joke. Sorry to be a rube. In my defence, I've been typing "less secure" in ernest today. -- Donald Arseneau ...

Forcing text to end of document
Hi all, I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document. Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard, forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally, at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any quick help. Thanks, Gaurav Pandey PhD student, University of Minnesota In article <b9092af4-8e12-4ce7-9d8f-ba53f7c9b3d5@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, Gaurav <Pandey.Gaurav@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the > figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document. > Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard, > forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and > table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way > to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally, > at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any > quick help. You don't say what you've tried, but the following might get you going: (the lipsum package isn't necessary, but just produces some text to fill up the space.) Alan \documentclass{article} \usepackage[nofiglist, notablist]{en...

Place all notes at the end of a document?
I wonder whether there is a package that allows me to place all notes at the end of a document rather than in the footer of each page? Basically I am looking for something like this: If we name such a command as \appendixnote and use it in a tex file as follows: ... some text \appendixnote{ some notes first some notes second ... } ... some text again \appendixnote{ some notes third ... } ... 1 2 It will produce " ... some text ... some text again ...", and in an appendix section at the end of the...

put tables and figures at the end of a document
Hi, Most editors I've dealt with require manuscripts submitted with all tables following the text, followed by all figures. I can write an Emacs lisp function to alter the source code to accomodate this, but I was wondering if there is a way I could implement this with LaTeX code. Specifically, I'm looking for a way to indicate in the preamble whether or not floats are to be placed in the text itself, or following it. That way I'd only need to switch one line depending on whether or not I was submitting a first draft or the final copy. Thanks, Tyler Try the endfloat package Tariq On 2007-07-30, Tariq <tariq.perwez@gmail.com> wrote: > Try the endfloat package Thanks, that's just what I need! Tyler ...

delaying output of figures to the end of the document
I have written an article in latex, using graphicx and \includegraphics commands. Many of the \includegraphics commands including scaling and clipping instructions. The journal wants the figures one per page, at the end of the article. How can I do this without disturbing my numbering or cross-referencing system? I am hoping to just change the definition of some macro, rather than make radical changes to the text. Thanks David David wrote on 12 Jun 2006 13:10:33 MET: > The journal wants the figures one per page, at the end of the > article. Have a look at the endfloat package: <URL:http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/endfloat/> HTH Patrick -- I got some new software and it said that it would run "under Win95 or better ..." - so I installed it under Linux. ...

Placing EPS figures in PS document
I try to place a SPSS EPS-figure in a ps document. But while building i get 1 error and 2 warnings. The picture is in the document, but overlapping the text. \begin{figure} \includegraphics[scale=0.75]{hefboom0.EPS} \end{figure} Error: ! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in hefboom0.EPS (no boundingBox). How can i solve the boundingbox problem? I tried to put [bb=10 10 100 100] after \includegraphics but even that the problem is not solved. Greets, Rogier Verkaik "Rogier" <rogierv@gmail.com> schrieb: > I try to place a SPSS EPS-figure in a ps document. But while building i > get 1 error and 2 warnings. The picture is in the document, but > overlapping the text. > > \begin{figure} > \includegraphics[scale=0.75]{hefboom0.EPS} > \end{figure} > > Error: > ! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in hefboom0.EPS (no > boundingBox). > > How can i solve the boundingbox problem? I tried to put [bb=10 10 100 > 100] after \includegraphics but even that the problem is not solved. > http://silas.psfc.mit.edu/elec_fig/elec_figures.html -- Ulrike Fischer e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen. e-mail: add my first name between the news and the @. i read it, but still have problems...i think the problem is SPSS that dont include the boundingbox in the eps file. Are there more users with the same problem? On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:18:30 +0000 (UTC), Ulrike Fischer wrote: &g...

Sideways figure is moved to the end of document
Hello all, I am using the sidewaysfigure environment of the rotating package and also I use the caption package to adjust the formatting of figure and table labels. When I set the caption package's skip option to anything more than 3mm my sideways figures start to appear at the end of the document. Can these packages conflict somehow? Otherwise, how can this setting affect the placement of sideways figures? Thanks in advance, Anton Antonius <anton.txt@gmail.com> writes: >I am using the sidewaysfigure environment of the rotating package and >also I use the caption package to adjust the formatting of figure and >table labels. When I set the caption package's skip option to anything >more than 3mm my sideways figures start to appear at the end of the >document. > >Can these packages conflict somehow? Otherwise, how can this setting >affect the placement of sideways figures? the packages don't conflict. however, the float system won't place things that are too wide for the page; when that happens, *all* subsequent environments are pushed to the end of the document. the fact that the behaviour is dependent on the skip value says (to me) that you're making the figure (as rotated) too wide. (incidentally, there was probably a warning from latex about the float being too big; most latex ides will hide such "confusing" stuff from you ... which is why i've never taken to them.) so: do you want the figure to jut i...

Writing some text one place and having it all printed at the end
I've recently been writing about my various accomplishments in one enormous LaTeX book. I'd like to put short summaries (like three sentences) of each project on a website. It would be convenient for me to be write the descriptions adjacent the full descriptions in the same file. The interface for this may look like the \webdesc command below. ------ \subsection{First-footing in Edinburgh} \webdesc{This mode of procedure of first-footing is as followed now in Edinburgh. The Anglican element is slowly but surely invading Scotland at this period in Edinburgh.} Full description o...

TeX in WinEdt figures all go to the bottom of document?
\begin{figure}[h] \begin{center} \resizebox{\linewidth}{!}{\includegraphics{plot_daily.jpg}} \end{center} \end{figure} We use the above code, but instead of staying at that position all figures are moved to the bottom... anyone know why? Could it be because the figures are to big? How do I adjust the size? Usually I put images in a document like this: \begin{figure}[h] (or [htpb]) \centering \includegraphics[width=whatever you want]{plot_daily.jpg} \end{figure} Never had any problems with it. Usually I put images in a document like this: \begin{figure}[h] (or [htpb]) Just using h...

HELP: Need text output for a .tex document
I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I need to get a TEXT equivalent of the output (rather than the normal dvi -> Postscript). It is of type article and doesnt do anything exciting, just uses things like center and the list environment. Im sure that this is possible, its just been SO long since I had to do anything like this. Please, someone, how do I do this. -- Reg.Clemens reg@dwf.com Reg Clemens wrote: > I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I ...

Plain TeX macros for text-flowing-around-figures
Are there any public domain macros to do the title task? More specifically: texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttext ----------------------- texttexttexttext | | texttexttexttext | Figure box | texttexttexttext | inserted by | texttexttexttext | \BoxedEPSF{ ...} | texttexttexttext | | texttexttexttext ----------------------- texttexttexttext ...

Plain TeX macro: figflow -- flow text around a figure
recently, in response to a post on comp.text.tex, Ian Hutchinson posted a short piece of code to do this job. the abstract i've written for the catalogue says Provides a Plain TeX macro \figflow that allows one to insert a figure into an area inset into a paragraph. Command arguments are width and height of the figure, and the figure (and its caption) itself. (Does not work with LaTeX.) i asked (and was given) permission to put the file on ctan, and have installed it on ctan in directory macros/plain/contrib/figflow Robin Fairbairns For the CTAN team ...

Using 'put' command to place text in figures
If I try to use the 'put' command within a 'figure' environment - for example, \begin{figure} : : (stuff) : \put(20,20){text} \end{figure} then I get an 'Undefined control sequence' error at some other (seemingly random) line number when I compile. Any ideas why this is? Thanks for any help preston.simon@gmail.com wrote: > If I try to use the 'put' command within a 'figure' environment - for > example, > \begin{figure} > : > : (stuff) > : > \put(20,20){text} > \end{figure} > > then I get an 'Undefined control seque...

How to get rid of frames, but keep the text in the same place?
Hi, Problems with a scanned document being created with unwanted/unusable frames... And trying to edit it in Microsoft Word 2000. How do I get rid of frames in a document, but leave the text (and spaces) exactly where they are on the page? If the frames were tables, I could just select the option to convert the table to text. I have never ran into frames like this before - except on .html documents - with this ISN'T. I scanned a document with my HP6100. If I save it as text, it completely looses the formatting, and puts some of the text on non-sequential lines. If I save i...

How can I place a text box in a surface plot when I print the figure in jpeg?
First I create a surface plot. Then I place a text box with the "text" function in a 3d position and when I export the figure to a jpeg format using the "print" function the text inside the text box disappear. Does anyone know why? Any solution? I hope you can understand my english. It's not very good. Possibly the level of the text is not high enough (Your surface is hiding the text). Set the z co-ordinate of the text larger and see what happens I've already tried it. I've even put the Z coodenate with a 1000 value and a -1000 value, when the surface z val...

How to append figures and figure captions at the end?
Dear all, I am looking for any method/package to append all figures and figure captions to be appended to the end of the document separately, as required by some journals. Every figure should appear in a new page and all captions should come in separate page at the end of the document. Of course I can do it manually, but is is possible to achieve this without major modification of the document? Thanks, Suman Chakrabarty. On Dec 5, 7:27 am, sumanc <chakrabarty.su...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I am looking for any method/package to append all figures and figure > captions to be appended to the end of the document separately, as > required by some journals. Every figure should appear in a new page > and all captions should come in separate page at the end of the > document. > > Of course I can do it manually, but is is possible to achieve this > without major modification of the document? > > Thanks, > Suman Chakrabarty. endfloat package? Joseph Wright Sure! I have narrowed down the problem to a possible conflict with the 'revtex' document class. Here goes one short example: =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D \documentclass{revtex4} %\documentclass{article} \usepackage{g...

Wrapping text not around a figure, but inside a figure
Hi all, I'm trying to replicate something like what can be seen in <http://www.gasl.org/refbib/Carroll__Alice_1st.pdf>, page 1091 (101 of 441), for instance, where most of a page is taken by a picture but there is a blank frame in it where there is text. The text flows from the previous page and into the next page, so I can't add it as a minipage, or something like that. I'm thinking that maybe I should alter page margins and manually place the picture with absolute position in the background, but I wonder if there could be a better solution. Also, if this is actually what I have to do, I'd like to have a solid frame showing the margin settings for the page, so I can properly position the text and picture, before having the actual text, is this feasible? Thanks -- Ignacio __ Fern�ndez Galv�n / /\ Linux user / / \ PGP Pub Key #289967 / / /\ \ 0x01A95F99 / / /\ \ \ http://djelibeibi.unex.es /________\ \ \ jellby \___________\/ yahoo.com http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=textflow Troy Henderson Amon other things, tlhiv saw fit to write: > http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=textflow Hmm... I know about wrapfig, and the other two pagckages (floatflt and picins) seem to do similar things. But what I'm after is not exactly the same, I think, or it would be the same if I can define a non-rectangular (and concave) shape for the figure. What I have is a figure that mostly fills the...

Input text and take text from different places?
I haven't been able to find anything on this, so here goes: Is it possible to be 'puts'ing text to one place on the terminal while 'gets'in from another? I have setup with VT100 control codes a basic layout for my MUD client, with a line of dashes ('-') going across the second from bottom line. I tried setting it up so that the thread that handles input from the MUD moves the cursor (via control codes) to line 22 (above the 'split' line) to add in the MUD output, and then move it back down to 24 so that the user typing sees their commands being typed down b...

plot:write text on a figure, then the figure is covered, why?
When I plot and write text on a figure, the figure where after the text (eg. grid or frame axis) is vanished, why? How to solve this problem? Thanks very much. ...

Vertical placement of wrapped figure (text above and below figure)
Hi, I am trying to place a figure on the side of a paragraph, such that text flows BOTH ABOVE and BELOW it. Somewhat like this xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx <FIG> xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx end of para Any hints how can do that? Thanks, Dave Am Freitag, den 24.02.2012, 08:11 -0800 schrieb David Thomas: > Hi, >=20 > I am trying to place a figure on the side of a paragraph, such that > text flows BOTH ABOVE and BELOW it. >=20 > Somewhat like this >=20 > xxx xxx xxx xxx > xxx xxx xxx xxx > xxx xxx <FIG> > xxx xxx xxx xxx > xxx end of para >=20 > Any hints how can do that? >=20 > Thanks, > Dave texdoc wrapfig, caveat because of lists. Bernhard Op 24-02-12 17:11 schreef David Thomas: > > I am trying to place a figure on the side of a paragraph, such that > text flows BOTH ABOVE and BELOW it. > > Somewhat like this > > xxx xxx xxx xxx > xxx xxx xxx xxx > xxx xxx<FIG> > xxx xxx xxx xxx > xxx end of para > > Any hints how can do that? As Bernhard already indicated, wrapfig will help you do it: xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx yyy yyy<FIG> yyy yyy yyy yyy yyy end of para translates to xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx \begin{wrapfigure}{r}{0pt} <FIG> \end{wrapfigure} yyy yyy yyy yyy yyy yyy yyy end of para Note that the division between xxx and yyy to get a good line break is something you'll have to do manually. Success, Erik ...

How do I Copy an error message to a text document, as text?
How do I Copy an error message to a text editor document (BBEdit, to be specific) as just plain text (what I see in the notebook cell)? I think I've now tried every possible Copy and Copy As . . . option in the Mac front end menus for Mathematica 4.2, with the text selected and with the cell bracket selected; and every one of them (fourteen cases in all) gives me a messy version of the error message with a bunch of formatting markup stuff inserted. Frustrating!!! Seigman: Yasvir was correct in copying Input and Output Forms to plaintext. However, that is not the M...

Text figures (Old style figure) in XeTeX
Hi all, I'm using XeTeX 0.997 on MiKTeX 2.7 to explore some features of a professional font (Minion Pro): \usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec} \setmainfont[Numbers=OldStyle]{Minion Pro} I found that the text figures can be displayed in the resulting PDF but they can't be searched/copied, which indicates that they're not well embedded. Is this a know issue? Thanks ...

Web resources about - Placing figures at the end of the document - comp.text.tex

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

Islamic State document leak: Australian computer engineer identified on list of volunteer suicide bombers ...
An Australian would-be suicide bomber is among tens of thousands of Islamic State jihadists whose details have been leaked by a disgruntled former ...

Google commissions award-winning filmmakers to document the private race to the Moon [Video]
If you’ve ever been bored and felt like putting together some kind of tech project, Google suggested one back in 2007 – and there’s still time ...

Discuss the Office documents you share Skype comes to OneDrive
... and now there is another instance of the technology being leveraged. Skype is now being rolled into Office Online so when you share a document ...

Microsoft, Amazon file legal document in support of Apple's FBI fight
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) are among technology industry powerhouses that this week filed a legal document in support ...

Yahoo is ready to talk about a deal and is asking potential buyers to sign confidentiality documents
For months, a few big companies and financial firms have expressed interest in acquiring Yahoo, while the internet company has tried its best ...

3 amendments that resulted in bank rally - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
More than the Budget announcement, it took an action from the central bank to revive the markets. Equity markets ended on a negative note on ...

Documents appear to reveal info on dozens of ISIS recruits
Germans confirm big intel haul, as opposition group publishes 144 apparent ISIS application forms many including from "martyrdom" seekers

ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details
CNN International ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details CNN International Syrian pro-government forces gather ...

Michigan governor releases more Flint emails, documents
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday released another 4,400 pages of his executive office's emails and documents related ...