placing floats at the end of the document

Hi
1-  Is there a way  to send ALL the floating bodies to the END of the
document?
2- Can placement for all the floats be specified at the preambule? Thats
is, is there a way to change the default [tbp] to anything we like
(namely go to end)?

Thanks

--
Carlos C. Meca
Service Hopitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA

0
meca (2)

* Carlos Meca (2003-08-05) writes:

> 1-  Is there a way  to send ALL the floating bodies to the END of the
> document?

Have a look at the FAQ:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=floats

--> endfloat.sty

Cheers,
Ralf
Carlos Meca wrote:

> 1-  Is there a way  to send ALL the floating bodies to the END of the
> document?

--> endfloat package

--
Markus
0
> Carlos Meca wrote:
>
> > 1-  Is there a way  to send ALL the floating bodies to the END of the
> > document?
>
> --> endfloat package

I tried it once, but I had some floats that were eepicemu figures.
endfloat did not work with them, and in the end I had to move all the
floats manually. Fortunately I use gVim and I could do it in a few
keystrokes.

But is there any package that works with eepicemu floats also.
Put the option "f" at the end of figure environment, you will get the
float at the end of the page.
For example
************
\begin{figure}[f]
\includegraphics{figure path and file name}
\caption{Caption test}
\end{figure}

Text after \end{document}
Greetings. I have noticed that the implementation of LaTeX I use seems to ignore text after \end{document}. Is this behaviour standard? That is, can I count on it to be present in all conforming implementations of LaTeX? Am I free to use the part of the file after \end{document} for annotations, PGP signatures, and whatnot? Regards, Tristan -- _ _V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] >< Space is limited / |`-' -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= <> In a haiku, so it's hard (7_\\ http://www.nothingisreal.com/ >< To finish what you Tristan Miller <psychonaut@nothingisreal.com> writes: > Greetings. > > I have noticed that the implementation of LaTeX I use seems to ignore text > after \end{document}. Is this behaviour standard? That is, can I count > on it to be present in all conforming implementations of LaTeX? Am I free > to use the part of the file after \end{document} for annotations, PGP > signatures, and whatnot? Yes. In fact, the LaTeX kernel itself uses that to store information on how to typeset itself. HTH Ulrich --=20 =E2=88=80x=E2=88=88=E2=84=95 or \forall x\in \mathbb{N}? http://talcum.sarovar.org/ (Current release: 0.5.0 20050306) Tristan Miller wrote: > Greetings. > > I have noticed that the implementation of LaTeX I use seems to ignore text > after \end{document}. Is this behaviour standard? That is, can I count > on it to be present in all conforming implementatio...

Placing figures at the end of the document
Hi everyone, Is there a command that automatically places floats (figures and tables) at the very end of the document, ideally putting each figure on a separate page? I am writing a journal paper in the IEEEtran environment and have to frequently switch between double-column and single-column format. Such a command would help to save me a lot of time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Stefan Stefan Geirhofer <stg803@gmail.com> writes: > Is there a command that automatically places floats (figures and > tables) at the very end of the document, ideally putting each figure > on a separate page? Have a look at endfloat.sty: http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=endfloat Patrick -- "Dad! We're the MTV generation. Nothing can upset us. We feel neither highs nor lows." - Lisa Simpson ...

Forcing text to end of document
Hi all, I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document. Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard, forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally, at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any quick help. Thanks, Gaurav Pandey PhD student, University of Minnesota In article <b9092af4-8e12-4ce7-9d8f-ba53f7c9b3d5@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, Gaurav <Pandey.Gaurav@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am preparing a manuscript in latex, in which I have to put the > figures, tables and some additional text at the end of the document. > Although placing the figures and tables at the end was not that hard, > forcing text to appear at the end of a document (after the figures and > table) is turning out to be not so easy. Does anybody know of any way > to forced some text to appear at the end of a document, or generally, > at any specific place in the document? I will greatly appreciate any > quick help. You don't say what you've tried, but the following might get you going: (the lipsum package isn't necessary, but just produces some text to fill up the space.) Alan \documentclass{article} \usepackage[nofiglist, notablist]{en...

joke: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}.
\documentclass{article} \begin{document} \def\else{Ha! Ha!} \end{document} Hello! When running the example above, I get the following message: LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. Well. OK. Why is this an error? Regards Ulrich "Ulrich Diez" <ulrich.diez@alumni.uni-tuebingen.de> writes: > \documentclass{article} > \begin{document} > \def\else{Ha! Ha!} > \end{document} > > Hello! > > When running the example above, I get the following message: > > LaTeX Error: \Begin{document} ended by \end{document}. > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? Because you broke LaTeX. Use \newcommand\else{Oops} and find out. Hell, you get bogus "Extra }" errors from fragile commands in moving arguments, without even breaking LaTeX itself. Some other attractive command names are \box, \output, \above, \count, \day, \if, \mark, \number, \over, \read, ... all of which are fundamental TeX commands, used internally. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> writes: > > Well. OK. Why is this an error? > Because you broke LaTeX. OK, I did understand the posting to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (or "cheeky") but I didn't notice the "subject" or realize it was a straight-out joke. Sorry to be a rube. In my defence, I've been typing "less secure" in ernest today. -- Donald Arseneau ...

Place all notes at the end of a document?
I wonder whether there is a package that allows me to place all notes at the end of a document rather than in the footer of each page? Basically I am looking for something like this: If we name such a command as \appendixnote and use it in a tex file as follows: ... some text \appendixnote{ some notes first some notes second ... } ... some text again \appendixnote{ some notes third ... } ... 1 2 It will produce " ... some text ... some text again ...", and in an appendix section at the end of the document it contains Note 1 (page ??) some notes first some notes second ... Note 2 (page ??) some notes third ... Of course, the notes can be consecutively numbered or numbered from one in each section with the section number prefixed. If there is no such a package available, are there any existing packages that provide a good starting point to hack. Thanks a lot for any suggestions. Paul. paulaugust2003@yahoo.com (Paul) writes: >I wonder whether there is a package that allows me to place all notes at >the end of a document rather than in the footer of each page? Basically >I am looking for something like this: If we name such a command as >\appendixnote and use it in a tex file as follows: > > ... some text > \appendixnote{ > some notes first > > some notes second ... > } ... > some text again > ...

Writing some text one place and having it all printed at the end
I've recently been writing about my various accomplishments in one enormous LaTeX book. I'd like to put short summaries (like three sentences) of each project on a website. It would be convenient for me to be write the descriptions adjacent the full descriptions in the same file. The interface for this may look like the \webdesc command below. ------ \subsection{First-footing in Edinburgh} \webdesc{This mode of procedure of first-footing is as followed now in Edinburgh. The Anglican element is slowly but surely invading Scotland at this period in Edinburgh.} Full description o...

HELP: Need text output for a .tex document
I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I need to get a TEXT equivalent of the output (rather than the normal dvi -> Postscript). It is of type article and doesnt do anything exciting, just uses things like center and the list environment. Im sure that this is possible, its just been SO long since I had to do anything like this. Please, someone, how do I do this. -- Reg.Clemens reg@dwf.com Reg Clemens wrote: > I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I need to > get a TEXT equivalent of the output (rather than the normal dvi -> Postscript). > > It is of type article and doesnt do anything exciting, just uses things like > center and the list environment. > > Im sure that this is possible, its just been SO long since I had to > do anything like this. > > Please, someone, how do I do this. > convert to ps/pdf and extract the text using gsview/acrobat. note, you'll probably need to do some manual corrections. On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Reg Clemens wrote: > I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I need to > get a TEXT equivalent of the output (rather than the normal dvi -> > Postscript). > > It is of type article and doesnt do anything exciting, just uses things > like center and the list environment. > > Im sure that this is possible, its just b...

How to get rid of frames, but keep the text in the same place?
Hi, Problems with a scanned document being created with unwanted/unusable frames... And trying to edit it in Microsoft Word 2000. How do I get rid of frames in a document, but leave the text (and spaces) exactly where they are on the page? If the frames were tables, I could just select the option to convert the table to text. I have never ran into frames like this before - except on .html documents - with this ISN'T. I scanned a document with my HP6100. If I save it as text, it completely looses the formatting, and puts some of the text on non-sequential lines. If I save i...

Using border.tex on an existing tex document
Hi I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around = a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border = appears but all of my content disappears. Without \borderson the page conte= nt renders as expected (though of course, no border!). I've tried fiddling = with the page dimensions etc but I'm not entirely convinced thats whats cau= sing it. The border.tex macro looks like it should do exactly what I want, = apart from the missing content ;( The original tex content was generated using OpenJade ("openjade" version "= 1.3.2", "OpenSP" version "1.5") to convert from DocBook (v4.5) SGML/DSSSL i= f that makes any difference. The problem we have is DocBook/OpenJade/SGML/D= SSSL doesn't provide a way to wrap an entire page with a border (the best I= can do is wrap the page content in a border meaning headers and footers ge= t their own disjointed borders). I'm processing the tex file using pdfjadetex (pdfTeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-= 1.10b, kpathsea version 3.4.5) Thanks in advance :) Ian ikent@companieshouse.gov.uk wrote: > I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). > > At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border appears Except that border.tex % border.tex: Macros...

How do I Copy an error message to a text document, as text?
How do I Copy an error message to a text editor document (BBEdit, to be specific) as just plain text (what I see in the notebook cell)? I think I've now tried every possible Copy and Copy As . . . option in the Mac front end menus for Mathematica 4.2, with the text selected and with the cell bracket selected; and every one of them (fourteen cases in all) gives me a messy version of the error message with a bunch of formatting markup stuff inserted. Frustrating!!! Seigman: Yasvir was correct in copying Input and Output Forms to plaintext. However, that is not the M...

How to select all texts of the document of the format of the selected text?
Hi,i have selected a text of the document with the specified font face, color and size in MS Word 2000. Now , I want to select all the relevant texts from the entire document with the same format(face,color and size) as of the selected text. so Is there any method or shortcut to do this op.? Not really. You have to "walk" the document checking the styles as you go along. And You have to watch out for cases where the style changes in the middle of a word (!) and code accordingly to get the desired results. chetan26nov@gmail.com wrote: > Hi,i have selected a text of the documen...

Input text and take text from different places?
I haven't been able to find anything on this, so here goes: Is it possible to be 'puts'ing text to one place on the terminal while 'gets'in from another? I have setup with VT100 control codes a basic layout for my MUD client, with a line of dashes ('-') going across the second from bottom line. I tried setting it up so that the thread that handles input from the MUD moves the cursor (via control codes) to line 22 (above the 'split' line) to add in the MUD output, and then move it back down to 24 so that the user typing sees their commands being typed down b...

Is it possible to convert text document into pict or bmp document ?
Hello All !!! I have and old Performa Mac 520. Pict document has been converted into text document by error. How to convert again in Pict or Bmp document ? Is it possible? I just have a flopppy disk text document; original has been delete by the ancient owner who give his old machine to me... Regards, kat On 9/8/04 4:05 AM, Kathleen uttered: > Hello All !!! > > I have and old Performa Mac 520. Pict document has been converted into text > document by error. How to convert again in Pict or Bmp document ? Is it > possible? I just have a flopppy disk text document; original has been delete > by the ancient owner who give his old machine to me... > > Regards, kat > I think a lot depends on how it was saved as text. What graphics apps do you have available? Sometimes if you simply put the .pct extension on it, and instead of double clicking it, open it from a graphic app that reads PICT files, it will be fine. You might try it with GraphicConverter, but make a copy of the fie first. You might want to ask if it will work and how-to in the GraphicConverter yahoo group first: gcmac-subscribe@yahoogroups.com You can get GC here: http://lemkesoft.de inez ...

LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}.
Dear all, I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? Best Regards, Zulfikar Dharmawan "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharmawan@gmail.com> writes: >I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: > LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. > >The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? there's an isolated \end{indented} in your document (one not matched by \begin{indented}, that is). text after the \end{indented} will have been lost, which seems to contradict your "output ok" assertion... not knowing what editor you use in development, it's hard to suggest techniques; something as simple as searching for "{indented}" might be good enough. backward search from the line number given in the error message would be a start. -- Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharmawan@gmail.com> wrote: > I got this error message, when I was compiling my .tex: > LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{indented}. > > The output seems to be okay, though. Any hint? The hint is the error message text. Your environments are not nested properly. (\begin{indented} is missing.) Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> On Mar 26, 2:58 am, "Zulfikar Dharmawan" <zulfikar.dharma...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear a...

Converting A FMP "Document" To A Text Document
Hello, I'm using Filemaker Pro 5 Mac OS System 9.2 My objective is to export BOTH the layout and the datafields of a form I created in Filemaker to a Word or text file. I am doing this because I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the Merge function in Word and I'm done spending time with it. (I will restrain myself from any further comment on Word 2001, other than to say that I'm stuck using it since my office does.) So please, can you tell me if there's a way to, after I've created a form in Filemaker and filled in the data, export the whole "docu...

Floating Text
I'd like to put an pseudo code snippet in a box and float it like a figure. What is the best way to do it? I can think of putting it in a single column table. Is there anything better or `the way' to do it. Thanks in advance. I <cibi1m$bfb$1@skeeter.ucdavis.edu>, C.G.Senthilkumar. skrev: > I'd like to put an pseudo code snippet in a box and float it > like a figure. What is the best way to do it? > > I can think of putting it in a single column table. Is there > anything better or `the way' to do it. Float a minipage environment. dag, Wouter -- :wq mail uws@xs4all.nl cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion -- tool C.G.Senthilkumar. schrieb: > I'd like to put an pseudo code snippet in a box and float it > like a figure. What is the best way to do it? \documentclass{article} \usepackage{listings} \begin{document} \begin{lstlisting}[float,caption=This is code.] Put your code right here and don't forget to read the documentation. \end{lstlisting} \end{document} HTH, Christian C.G.Senthilkumar. wrote: > I'd like to put an pseudo code snippet in a box and float > it like a figure. What is the best way to do it? > > I can think of putting it in a single column table. Is > there anything better or `the way' to do it. use an package for code-listings (pseudocode or real code) for pseudocode e.g. algorithmic or...

Placing text in PICT, problem getting text all the way to the bottom
49G+ I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am doing it placing labels on the drawing. I use a short line of code below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing: { # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is two pixels up from the bottom. Any advice to get it all the way down to the bottom or this not possible on the 49G+. >I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am &g...

Floating and not floating
I might be being silly here. On my links page I've got a whole load of floating boxes, which I'm really pleased with. But then I want the footer to be *below* them. On my current site (http://www.vowleyfarm.co.uk/CommunityLinks.htm) I've cheated by putting the footer in a floating box as well, but now I'm moving to using a CMS I would like not to hack my page template in this way. Another way would be to have the "correct" number of <br />'s in the div with the floating boxes in, but you'd probably have a go at me for that too. C...

placing text
Can anyone help a beginner? I am trying to set up a situation where by activating a link, a text phrase above the link changes. I am calling a function that uses a document.write statement, but the text is shown in a new window (replacing the current one) rather than on the same page. The code is below. Thanks for your time Phil <HTML> <HEAD> <SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> text=new String start=new String one=new String two=new String text="initial text value" function phase1(){ text="phase one text from function" document.write(text) } funct...

How to float text
Hello, I am trying to get text floating between other text. I don't know how or where to begin. What I want is what you often see in articles. Let's say for instance I am writing an article about a computer and slightly mention the word memory. Then I want in a small floating text at the right or maybe left of the page a short piece of text what memory means in this context. How can I do that? Kind regards, Marcel van Leeuwen On 04-07-2005 17:33, Marcel van Leeuwen wrote: > I am trying to get text floating between other text. I don't know how or > where to begin. > > What I want is what you often see in articles. Let's say for instance I > am writing an article about a computer and slightly mention the word > memory. Then I want in a small floating text at the right or maybe left > of the page a short piece of text what memory means in this context. > > How can I do that? Use the wrapfig package, as in: \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage{wrapfig} \begin{document} Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about memory. Some text about mem...

Documentation of TeX
Hi all. I have been trying to write the odd .cls file or package for LaTeX. Every now and then, I get myself into a corner where I need to dive into TeX to get anywhere. I do have Knuth's "The TeX book", but I can't really make sense of it. Somehow, it seems to be written as a keyword list for those who already know TeX; it doesn't work very well as an intro text. The main shortcoming is that there is no general overview of how programs are structured, only gazilions of details. I have found this set of books http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201734168/sr=8-1/qid=1153854628/ref=sr_1_1/103-3640117-4140620?ie=UTF8 that seems to be the documentation for TeX. Is this correct? Is it easier to learn how to handle TeX from this set of books, than from the TeXBook? Rune allnor@tele.ntnu.no a �crit : > Hi all. > > I have been trying to write the odd .cls file or package for LaTeX. *The* odd .cls file? What's that? I can just understand "*a* odd .cls file". > Every now and then, I get myself into a corner where I need to > dive into TeX to get anywhere. Why? I could believe you without any further informations, but it would be better if you tell something more precise. > I do have Knuth's "The TeX book", but I can't really make sense > of it. Somehow, it seems to be written as a keyword list for > those who already know TeX; I know that the quality of The TeXbook is a flameware, so I don...

Place Text
How can I place a text along a line string element with mdl program? Thanks Emiliano ...

Place Text
How can I place a text along a line string element with mdl program? Thanks Emiliano ...

Web resources about - placing floats at the end of the document - comp.text.tex

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID , or colloquially as one's 'papers') is any document which may be used to verify ...

Islamic State document leak: Australian computer engineer identified on list of volunteer suicide bombers ...
An Australian would-be suicide bomber is among tens of thousands of Islamic State jihadists whose details have been leaked by a disgruntled former ...

Google commissions award-winning filmmakers to document the private race to the Moon [Video]
If you’ve ever been bored and felt like putting together some kind of tech project, Google suggested one back in 2007 – and there’s still time ...

Discuss the Office documents you share Skype comes to OneDrive
... and now there is another instance of the technology being leveraged. Skype is now being rolled into Office Online so when you share a document ...

Microsoft, Amazon file legal document in support of Apple's FBI fight
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) are among technology industry powerhouses that this week filed a legal document in support ...

Letters: EPF not a freebie - Business Standard Letters New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets Magazine ...
The editorial, "Provident budgeting" (March 2) is biased, as it does not touch upon a key point - that not all employees' contribution to the ...

Documents reveal what Trump actually said about his university
Republican front-runner's critics say the next 10 days are key to stopping him, and they're betting Trump University is their best weapon

ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details
CNN International ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details CNN International Syrian pro-government forces gather ...

Michigan governor releases more Flint emails, documents
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday released another 4,400 pages of his executive office's emails and documents related ...

Lawmakers Trash DOE Official For Withholding Green Loan Documents
Lawmakers Trash DOE Official For Withholding Green Loan Documents