Please help: NFSS system isn't set up properly.

Hello,
I need to turn in a major paper tomorrow and I am using kpfonts and I
really like the font. However, I was a bit foolish today; I checked
MiKTeX updates and saw there was a new v. 2.2. My system had 2.1. I
checked out the change log and saw some things I though looked nice.
This was naturally an act of pure hubris, and I was punished!
Now my system produced the error below when I compile my document
using kpfonts with the option fulloldstylenums.

I have tried to install via MiKTeX Package Manager and I have tried to
install it manually, following the guide in the manual.

No file OMLjkplos.fd.

! LaTeX Error: This NFSS system isn't set up properly.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.29 \begin{document}

For encoding scheme OML the defaults jkplos/m/it do not form a valid
font shape

LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for T1/cmr/m/n on input line 29.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OT1/cmr/m/n on input line
29.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMS/jkpl/m/n on input line
29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OMS+jkpl on input
line 29.

("C:\Local TeX Files\tex\latex\kpfonts\omsjkpl.fd"
File: omsjkpl.fd 2006/08/15 v1.0
)
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMX/jkpl/m/n on input line
29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OMX+jkpl on input
line 29.

("C:\Local TeX Files\tex\latex\kpfonts\omxjkpl.fd"
File: omxjkpl.fd 2006/08/15 v1.0
)
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for U/jkplexa/m/n on input line
29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for U+jkplexa on
input line 29
..

("C:\Local TeX Files\tex\latex\kpfonts\ujkplexa.fd"
File: ujkplexa.fd 2006/08/15 v1.0
)
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for TS1/cmr/m/n on input line
29.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for PD1/pdf/m/n on input line
29.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for T1+jkplos on
input line 29

The messaged was posted too soon.

I wanted to add that I am on a Windows XP system using the latest
miktex.

There is long discussion in the release thred, but I was not able to
find any specific way to solve the problem.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/726959c4792759ca/7e8ed68f4541e94c?lnk=st&q=kpfonts#7e8ed68f4541e94c

Thanks in advance,
Rasmus
Am Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:56:40 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Rasmus Pank Roulund:

> Hello,
> I need to turn in a major paper tomorrow and I am using kpfonts and I
> really like the font. However, I was a bit foolish today; I checked
> MiKTeX updates and saw there was a new v. 2.2. My system had 2.1. I
> checked out the change log and saw some things I though looked nice.
> This was naturally an act of pure hubris, and I was punished!
> Now my system produced the error below when I compile my document
> using kpfonts with the option fulloldstylenums.
>
> I have tried to install via MiKTeX Package Manager and I have tried to
> install it manually, following the guide in the manual.
>

> No file OMLjkplos.fd.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: This NFSS system isn't set up properly.

Make a complete minimal example that demonstrates the problem.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
Rasmus Pank Roulund schrieb:

> I need to turn in a major paper tomorrow and I am using kpfonts and I
> really like the font. However, I was a bit foolish today; I checked
> MiKTeX updates and saw there was a new v. 2.2. My system had 2.1. I
> checked out the change log and saw some things I though looked nice.
> This was naturally an act of pure hubris, and I was punished!
> Now my system produced the error below when I compile my document
> using kpfonts with the option fulloldstylenums.

it is a bug in pkfonts and the option oldstylemath. The author
of the package will provide a patch as soon as possible.

Herbert
0
herbert49 (260)
6/2/2008 7:47:36 AM
On 1 juin, 23:56, Rasmus Pank Roulund <rasmus.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I need to turn in a major paper tomorrow and I am using kpfonts and I
> really like the font. However, I was a bit foolish today; I checked
> MiKTeX updates and saw there was a new v. 2.2. My system had 2.1. I
> checked out the change log and saw some things I though looked nice.
> This was naturally an act of pure hubris, and I was punished!
> Now my system produced the error below when I compile my document
> using kpfonts with the option fulloldstylenums.
>
> I have tried to install via MiKTeX Package Manager and I have tried to
> install it manually, following the guide in the manual.
>
> No file OMLjkplos.fd.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: This NFSS system isn't set up properly.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.29 \begin{document}
>
> For encoding scheme OML the defaults jkplos/m/it do not form a valid
> font shape
>
> LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for T1/cmr/m/n on input line 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OT1/cmr/m/n on input line
> 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMS/jkpl/m/n on input line
> 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OMS+jkpl on input
> line 29.
>
> ("C:\Local TeX Files\tex\latex\kpfonts\omsjkpl.fd"
> File: omsjkpl.fd 2006/08/15 v1.0
> )
> LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMX/jkpl/m/n on input line
> 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OMX+jkpl on input
> line 29.
>
> ("C:\Local TeX Files\tex\latex\kpfonts\omxjkpl.fd"
> File: omxjkpl.fd 2006/08/15 v1.0
> )
> LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for U/jkplexa/m/n on input line
> 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for U+jkplexa on
> input line 29
> .
>
> ("C:\Local TeX Files\tex\latex\kpfonts\ujkplexa.fd"
> File: ujkplexa.fd 2006/08/15 v1.0
> )
> LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for TS1/cmr/m/n on input line
> 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for PD1/pdf/m/n on input line
> 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 29.
> LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for T1+jkplos on
> input line 29

Really sorry, I do the bug with the 2.2 release of kpfonts,
in fact a edge affect on the math fonts from the new arragement of
text font

You found a note on

http://home.tele2.fr/kpfonts/

You have to download the new kpfonts.sty (release 2.2) and put it at
the place of the old one

Really sorry for this bug

I test actually and post to the ctan as soon as possible

Christophe

I can't use emacs's help system! Pls help me.
I start my emacs(ver:21.3) now, but the help system is disabled! When I hit C-h, it just delete a character like "backspace". I installed emacs at /home/myname/emacs-21.3-installed, and manual pages were stored at /home/myname/emacs-21.3-installed/man.How can I enable emacs's help system? Thanks a lot! Hi Jason At Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:29:55 +0800, Jason wrote: > > I start my emacs(ver:21.3) now, but the help system is disabled! When I hit > C-h, it just delete a character like "backspace". I installed emacs at > /home/myname/emacs-21.3-insta...

Help please
I have a PC running WIN ME that I got 2nd hand for my kids to use. It has been working fine until last week. They turned it off, and now when you try to turn it on, nothing much happens. The hard drive light flashes, then the CD read light, then nothing. The monitor remains black. I've 1) double checked all connections, power and cables and everything is connected properly and tight. 2) I've tried booting with the OS recovery CD and still nothing. 3) Connected the monitor to my laptop and confirmed that the monitor is working fine. Any suggestions, other than tossing it out? ...

i can't find any error in my vi but it just doesn't work please help
I'm trying to control a robot named cs-113 and I find someone has already achieved this. He wrote a vi called robot cs-113.vi and I just tried to write a same one but&nbsp;it just doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't work? Thanks for your help! robot-cs113.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/1/robot-cs113.vi cs-113 test.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/2/cs-113 test.vi ...

Help debugging why my script isn't running at system startup

I just can't solve the 'Out of Memory' problem, please Help.
I implemented an image "whitening/low pass" filter. It meant to take a set of time-varying images eg. sequence of movie images and apply 4th order exponential low pass filter onto them. Because I am testing a 100 frames of avi movie which has the size of 570x570 meaning a 570*570*100 matrix, "out of memory" error is given every time i run the filter. I have tried to optimize memory usage as best i can, eg. clear useless vairables, preallocate matrix instead of growing.... but it is still giving me such error. pls help. function wvol = whiten_3D_ver2(vol) % This function...

[9fans] $sysname isn't set in the 'live' part of the iso
Hi, as Wes noted in his mail "Error booting from latest plan9.iso download", booting the 'live' part of the iso gives an error, because $sysname isn't set (booting the installer does work, $sysname is set to "gnot" in that case). It seems however that the focus of that thread was, from there on, on fixing this issue on a freshly installed plan9 system; the fact that the 'live' part of the iso isn't working either seems to have lost attention. Since this is the first thing many newcomers (including myself) are going to see, I guess it deserves a fix....

Can't get LaserJet 6mp drivers to load properly under OS9. Please help
Hi. I'm working on a system for somone I know who's running a salon software package on their Mac. The system is a Beige G3/300 MT, running OS9.2.2. LaserJet 6mp is communicating via AppleTalk over the Localtalk cable. If I use the LW8 driver, it works as a system printer, but their software keeps giving an "Appletalk is not active" error, even though it clearly is. I downloaded the proper driver from HP and tried to install it, and although the installer shows a big bunch of files being copied somewhere, the only thing that shows up in the "HP LaserJet" folder...

"Can't set time of day: Interrupted system call"
Hello, I just compiled ntp-4.1.2 on an HP-UX 11.22 system using the configuration-options --enable-ntpdate-step --enable-step-slew Ntpdate seems to work well but with ntpd I get the following entries in the syslog.log: Aug 19 08:38:52 comp ntpd[28901]: ntpd 4.1.2@1.892 Tue Aug 19 08:07:54 MEST 2003 (3) Aug 19 08:38:52 comp ntpd[28901]: precision = 10 usec Aug 19 08:38:52 comp ntpd[28901]: frequency initialized -500.000 from /usr/local/ntp/ntp.drift Aug 19 09:01:43 comp ntpd[28901]: Can't set time of day: Interrupted system call Aug 19 09:01:43 comp ntpd[28901]: time reset 0.518237 s Au...

Help !!! Please...New to Red at andLinux.....Got system installed on Dule boot using what I beleive is Grub....Can't get past login...
I have installed Red Hat 9 twice, using two different HD's. I have it setup for dual boot. Ito gives me DOS/Red Hat options at dual boot screen. After choosing Red Hat every thing loads with an OK then It brings me to the Graphical Login Screen. I put in username and password. and it then goes to text login, but I can't type at that login. Then after a few seconds it goes back to the Graphical Login, I try it again, get same result. I try to login a third time and it goes to the text login screen and hangs. I have to pull the plug to shut it down. If i use a bad username it tells me it does not exist, which it should tell me. It does the same for a bad password. So it must at least accept my login. I am running this on an HP Brio Celeron 466 Mhz with 320 MB ram. And Red Hat 9, and I told it to install everything. It seemed to correctly Identifie the Intell 810 chipset. I also tolsd it to load ALL the packages. How can I get it to boot. I can't even get it to boot in text to root. Nor can I seem to get it into maintenance mode. PLEASE help. Does anyone have any Ideas ???? Thanks, Ralph Malph >>>>> "Ralph" == Ralph Malph <aint@got.one> writes: Ralph> Ralph> I have installed Red Hat 9 twice, using two different HD's. I Ralph> have it setup for dual boot. Ito gives me DOS/Red Hat options Ralph> at dual boot screen. After choosing Red Hat every thing loads Ralph> with an OK then It br...

I can't believe I'm having this problem...PLEASE HELP!
Ok, very simple problem. I'm trying to update a value by calling a function using pass by reference, but it does not update the value. In short, the value I'm trying to update is balance, which is a private member of the class Account. I have a public function called getBalance(). I have another public function called deposit, which I pass the balance (by calling getBalance() using pass by reference) and a second value for the amount of deposit. Inside the deposit() function if I print the value of the balance plus the amount to be deposited, it prints the right value, i.e. current bal...

Why AT&T's new 'throttling' policy isn't as bad as last one [telecom]
CNET Why AT&T's new 'throttling' policy isn't as bad as last one by Marguerite Reardon |March 2, 2012 12:17 PM PST AT&T's throttling policy is definitely not consumer-friendly, but in this edition of Ask Maggie, I explain why it's better than the previous policy. AT&T has clarified its "throttling" policy for its unlimited data customers who the company says use too much bandwidth. But many users are still confused and angry. http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-57389672-266/why-at-ts-new-throttling-policy-isnt-as-bad-as-last-one/ -or- http://goo.gl/e5bXE -- Bill Horne (Remove QRM from my address to write to me directly) ...

Please help !! My System Has A Memory Error But It's Not The RAM's Fault !!
I need help !! I have a PIII system, 1.3 GHZ - actually it's a Celeron. I have 3 RAM modules on it, each 512 MB, for total of 1.5 GB. Lately my system acted strangely, so I ran a battery of memory tests, both the Norton Diagnostic and Memtest told me that the sytem RAM is faulty. The faulty memory location is at 14XXXXXXX - sometimes 144XXXXXX, sometimes 145XXXXXX, sometimes 146XXXXXX, everytime I reboot the machine, the "exact location" changed. Since it supposed to be the RAM fault, and I wanted to see which one is at fault, I change the location of the RAM module. To my su...

Re: they help hourly if Dickie's egg isn't dark
erreerrefdfd ...

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card
Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a&nbsp;Call Library&nbsp;function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory. The data is being received at 1Mbps. &nbsp; Thanks 1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the processinfg purposes. You didn't menti...

Packing data for a win32 'C' style system call to Winamp. help please!
I am trying to talk to Winamp2 from Perl on Win32 system. According to winamp docs I need to send a windows message with the following structure: (To add a file to the playlist) COPYDATASTRUCT cds; cds.dwData = IPC_PLAYFILE; cds.lpData = (void *) "file.mp3"; cds.cbData = strlen((char *) cds.lpData)+1; // include space for null SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_COPYDATA,(WPARAM)NULL,(LPARAM)&cds); Somewhere else I found the structure to be defined as: COPYDATASTRUCT cds; cds.dwData = IPC_PLAYFILE; cds.cbData = lstrlen(filename) + 1; cds.lpData = (void *) filename; whic...

W2K Help: DNS isn't resolving on client.. IP numbers work fine
I've got one w2k machine on a LAN that can ping and telnet by IP number but any use of dns names fails. This is a DHCP machine and it's getting the same DNS server IP #s that the other machines are. The DNS server is upstream and we have a linksys soho router . All the other machines work fine. The event log doesn't have any error that apply. Any suggestions ? -- a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. First of all, can you ping the DNS server? When you try an nslookup, what is the message? Does name resolution fail for hostname as ...

W2K Help: DNS isn't resolving on client.. IP numbers work fine
I've got one w2k machine on a LAN that can ping and telnet by IP number but any use of dns names fails. This is a DHCP machine and it's getting the same DNS server IP #s that the other machines are. The DNS server is upstream and we have a linksys soho router . All the other machines work fine. The event log doesn't have any error that apply. Any suggestions ? -- a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. First of all, can you ping the DNS server? When you try an nslookup, what is the message? Does name resolution fail for hostname as ...

Help Please: 'module' object has no attribute 'compile'
my log... INFO urllib.urlopen('http://192.168.1.11/hact/kitchen.asp', urllib.urlencode({'Action': 'hs.ExecX10ByName+Kitchen+Lights%2C+On %2C+100&x=4&y=6'})) INFO INFO File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\urllib.py", line 78, in urlopen INFO File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\urllib.py", line 159, in open INFO File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\urllib.py", line 957, in splittype INFO AttributeError INFO : INFO 'module' object has no attribute 'compile' livin wrote: > my log... > > INFO urllib.urlopen('http:/...

Longhorn isn't a product, it's a 'wave'
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19245 [New details have emerged from the Gartner Symposium, yesterday. The CEO of the Microsoft Monopoly, Steve Ballmer, said at the Symposium that Longhorn was a 'wave' of technologies, rather than a single product.] and http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/steve/2004/10-20Gartner.asp Here is a full transcript of Ballmer's speech at the Symposium. I notice instead of a single 'Longhorn' now they have realized that chopping all the new technologies down into component groups, and then pursuing them as service releases, is easi...

Isn't 'vector' a misnomer?
Mathematically speaking, a 'vector' is something you can add to another vector and multiply by a number. But in C++, the following code is illegal: std::vector<double> v1(3), v2(3); v1 + v2; // Illegal v1 * 2.; // Illegal In addition, vectors of different dimensions belong two different spaces (types). But in C++, the following code is legal: std::vector<double> v1(2), v2(3); v1 = v2; // Legal Why they were so dumb to call it 'vector', instead of, say, 'sequence'? -- Carlo Milanesi http://digilander.libero.it/carlmila "Carlo Milanesi" <carlo.milanesi.NO.SPAM@libero.it> wrote in message news:20031113233531.2c53c12a.carlo.milanesi.NO.SPAM@libero.it... > Mathematically speaking, a 'vector' is something you can add to another > vector and multiply by a number. But in C++, the following code is > illegal: > > std::vector<double> v1(3), v2(3); > v1 + v2; // Illegal > v1 * 2.; // Illegal That's because C++ is a programming language, not mathematics. > In addition, vectors of different dimensions belong two different spaces > (types). But in C++, the following code is legal: > > std::vector<double> v1(2), v2(3); > v1 = v2; // Legal That says v1 = v2, not v1 == v2. > Why they were so dumb to call it 'vector', instead of, say, 'sequence'? Because they didn't have to adhere to predetermined meanings of words. What do you think "progr...

Is 'everything' a refrence or isn't it?
I was under the assumption that everything in python was a refrence... so if I code this: lst = [1,2,3] for i in lst: if i==2: i = 4 print lst I though the contents of lst would be modified.. (After reading that 'everything' is a refrence.) so it seems that in order to do this I need to code it like: lst = [1,2,3] for i in range(len(lst)): if lst[i] == 2: lst[i]=4 print lst Have I misunderstood something? KraftDiner wrote: > I was under the assumption that everything in python was a refrence... This is true. > so if I code this: > lst = [1,2,3] lst i...

Help: I can't figure out why this won't work
I have a hyperlink on an ASP page that calls another ASP page with the code shown below. This page allows (forces) a user to select a file to be uploaded, then should call a third ASP page that will do the actual upload. What happens is I can enter a file name but the third page doesn't get loaded. I see the upload page being called in the browser when the alert message displays, but then it appears to reload this page. What am I missing??? I should also note that the upload page opens fine if I move the location.href command outside of the function (for testing purposes). <FORM N...

Isn't ok here to admit you can't decide?
I want out of Windows because of the ongoing security stuff, mainly (I'm aware that there are issues in Linux, as well, but not "as bad" as in Windows.. so far, anyway). But Linux distributions all seem to have the same thing in common as far as how crappy they look and about 50% of the functionality of Windows XP, as far as I have noticed. But I still take this hard drive out of the box often and replace it with one of the hard drives I've installed Linux on, either SuSE 9 or RedHat 9 (I've given up on Mandrake 9.2.. the f***ing menus dissapear, no s**t! amongst other ...

System error when setting figure renderer to 'zbuffer' from 'OpenGL'
I have a programmatically made GUI that has a lot of uicontrols, uipanels, axes etc. It also has a selfmade tab panels that each display different axes. Some of the axes display 3d graphics with transparency and as far as I know, OpenGL is the only way to make them work. However, using OpenGL makes the GUI sluggish so whenever a tab that has no 3d stuff is selected, I set the figure renderer to zbuffer. In addition, some 2d graphics with large images of maps are a lot faster to pan and zoom with zbuffer. The problem is that when I set the figure renderer to zbuffer, Matlab randomly throws ...

Web resources about - Please help: NFSS system isn't set up properly. - comp.text.tex