Printing an a2 pdf poster onto two A3 sheets of paper

Hi all

I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
together.

Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
me being incompetent.)

Any suggestions?

P.

(PS: If it is important, I am using a Debian linux OS, and I used the
sciposter package)

0
pkaldunn (8)

Am Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:24:59 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

> Hi all
>
> I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
> looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
> instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
> together.
>
> Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
> Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
> cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
> suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
> me being incompetent.)
>
> Any suggestions?

On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
sheets.

You can also use pdfpages or  graphicx + \includegraphics to import
parts of your poster in a A2 document.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
> sheets.

Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Thanks.

P.

0
pkaldunn (8)
10/26/2007 7:39:04 AM
Am Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:39:04 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
> version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Sorry, I just looked it up: I think the option "split large pages"
exists only in the full version of acrobat.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
pkaldunn@gmail.com wrote:
>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?

If the Adobe Print menu doesn't odder the option (I didn't find it in
Reader 8.1 on my Win XP), your "printer options" might offer the
possibility to "scale" or "split" the document on 2 A3 sheets. You may
try if the "scaling" or "poster" options (or similar) don't work...

Alain