Printing an a2 pdf poster onto two A3 sheets of paper

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all

I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
together.

Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
me being incompetent.)

Any suggestions?

P.

(PS: If it is important, I am using a Debian linux OS, and I used the
sciposter package)

0
Reply pkaldunn (8) 10/26/2007 5:24:59 AM

See related articles to this posting

Am Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:24:59 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

> Hi all
>
> I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
> looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
> instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
> together.
>
> Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
> Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
> cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
> suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
> me being incompetent.)
>
> Any suggestions?

On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
sheets.

You can also use pdfpages or  graphicx + \includegraphics to import
parts of your poster in a A2 document.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0

> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
> sheets.

Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Thanks.

P.

0
Reply pkaldunn (8) 10/26/2007 7:39:04 AM

Am Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:39:04 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
> version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Sorry, I just looked it up: I think the option "split large pages"
exists only in the full version of acrobat.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0

pkaldunn@gmail.com wrote:
>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?

If the Adobe Print menu doesn't odder the option (I didn't find it in
Reader 8.1 on my Win XP), your "printer options" might offer the
possibility to "scale" or "split" the document on 2 A3 sheets. You may
try if the "scaling" or "poster" options (or similar) don't work...

Alain
0
Reply alain.dondelinger (1) 10/26/2007 4:00:53 PM
comp.text.tex 36798 articles. 71 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Print an A2 poster on two A3 sheets of paper
Hi all I have a poster in pdf that is A2 size. I want to print it on two A3 sheets. (Put two A3 sheets side-by-side and you get A2.) How can I do this? My attempts: - In Reader, I can select the printer to print A3 and set the Page Scaling to "None", and the left half of the poster prints (the first A3 sheet). Then I rotated the document and repeated, expecting (as the preview showed me) the right half. Alas, I got the left half again! - I then tried pdf toolkit to do the rotation, and repeat as above. But it also prints the left half of the page second time round (despite the...

Why does a picture *not* print to paper in MS Word
I inserted a photo into Microsoft Word, and then tried to print it using the HP printer driver, but the rectangle where the photo was is grayed out in the resulting paper. Yet, if I print the Word document to PDF using cutePDF freeware, and then I print that PDF on the HP printer using the same HP printer driver, then, it prints just fine to paper. Why does Word-to-paper fail while Word-to-PDF-to-paper works? Danny D. wrote: > I inserted a photo into Microsoft Word, and then tried ... > to print it using the HP printer driver, but the rectangle > where the photo wa...

One A4 page prints on two sheets of paper
The program uses 71 lines and 80 char/line and prints on one page using continuous forms but two sheets of A4 paper directing it to a laser. The second sheet has line 69, 70 and 71 of the print file on it. The spool only shows one page with the last line on 71. The print file is coded to fit on A4 (80 char per line 10 cpi, 72 lines per page 6 lpi). I appreciate any help! Martin "Martin Hinze" <martin@hinze.com> schreef in bericht news:eccqn2$k82$01$1@news.t-online.com... > The program uses 71 lines and 80 char/line and prints on one page using > continuous fo...

How to print 2 identical messages onto an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper
Using Microsoft Word, I want to print two identical messages in half- letter format on 8.5 x11" paper so that each message comprises half of an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper. Then, I'll cut the sheet so that I'll get two half-sheet messages. I've seen many such half-sized sheets as programs, for example, when I attend my church group or other groups. How do they do that? In article <1172816115.132548.292930@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>, "One4All" <dwerner@bresnan.net> wrote: > Using Microsoft Word, I want to print two identical messages in half- &...

How print a pdf file on both sides of a paper(Duplexing for pdf files)
Hi All, Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a papers. Thanks in advance. krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. > Do you have a duplex printer? krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. The same way that you would print any other document on both sides of the paper. You select duplex output in your printer driver properties. Presuma...

Why can't I print my own =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3?=
Yeh, I really am going to put the Bank Of England out of business with my new �30 Lexmark. We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs before, just happened to try it on my new machine and I get a warning about new software to stop forgeries. Thanks Lexmark, but as you didn't stick a warning on the box saying what I can and can't print, I'd like to be the one who decides. What next, no cartoons of G.W.B. or Tony Blair. Anyone overcome this blight on our freedom ? > We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs > bef...

javax.print: impossible to print a PDF/PS document with 2 pages per sheet?
- the dialog in javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog does not allow to set a "number of pages per sheet" - the javax.print.attribute.standard.NumberUp does not seem to work, when added in the PrintRequestAttributeSet and used by the following methods: - PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices - DocPrintJob.print ( doc flavour, PrintRequestAttributeSet) ...

Print more photos on one paper and save printing papers!
SDP Photo Print Pro 3.0 Print more photos on one paper and save printing papers! SDP Photo Print Pro is a cute printing utility application for small office and home users. It allows you to print more photos on one paper and save printing papers! With this powerful, yet easy-to-use product, you can place one or more digital photos onto the "printing paper" any way you want, and print them out EXACTLY as what you see on the screen. That is what we call "What you see is what you print"! It enables you to save your valuable printing papers and gives you ultimate control on ...

Print more photos on one paper and save printing papers!
SDP Photo Print Pro 3.0 Print more photos on one paper and save printing papers! SDP Photo Print Pro is a cute printing utility application for small office and home users. It allows you to print more photos on one paper and save printing papers! With this powerful, yet easy-to-use product, you can place one or more digital photos onto the "printing paper" any way you want, and print them out EXACTLY as what you see on the screen. That is what we call "What you see is what you print"! It enables you to save your valuable printing papers and gives you ultimate...

Two-up printing of pdf files?
I have a .pdf file with landscape-format slides that I'd like to print as handouts, 2 per page, over/under. Can someone point me to a way to do this? -- Dave Brown Austin, TX Dave; You need 2-up printing in your print driver. Doug "Dave Brown" <dhbrown@hobbes.dhbrown.net> wrote in message news:slrnbq609l.8sc.dhbrown@hobbes.dhbrown.net... > I have a .pdf file with landscape-format slides that I'd like to > print as handouts, 2 per page, over/under. Can someone point me to a > way to do this? > > > -- > Dave Brown Austin, TX In article...

Printing A3 on two A4
Hi Are there a way to print .dwg files with A3 size on two A4 size (Splitting drawing to 2 drawings then overlap them manaual) Omda4wady "omda4wady" <omda4wady@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ab90f4ef.0406050820.329512f5@posting.google.com... : Hi : Are there a way to print .dwg files with A3 size on two A4 size : (Splitting drawing to 2 drawings then overlap them manaual) : : Omda4wady Yes but you must make sure that you make the scale of both drawings exactly the same. I have done it with a A0 drawing. First divide the drawing into the two A4s by using ...

I wanna to print two copies of a print job from two different trays
Hi , I have a very critical printing incidence, At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the HP 4250tn printer. Can your know a software that has a feature to avail it? Please guide ASAP IF YOU HAVE TO POST THAT YOU GOOTA BE REAL DUMB mannubhai wrote: >Hi , >I have a very critical printing incidence, >At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of >every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the > >HP 4250tn pri...

Print pdf with different paper size.
Hi all, We have a network A3 printer, which is set to standard paper size A4. When printing A3 size documents, the prints are always in A4 size, though the paper size is set to A3. How can I print a A3 document directly in a A3 size? Is there a possibility to use printer settings via command line options? Is there a list of command line options for the Acrobat Writer/Reader available? I tried with acrord32.exe -help but Acrobat Reader start with an open error. Thanks in advance. -- Ciao, Marino Decaro "Marino Decaro" <dmvposta@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We h...

Paper size not as specified! Print to PDF
Hi, I'm starting to get very frustrated about the print tools in Matlab. To illustrate my problem, I have the following code I = rand(200,250,3); imshow(I); set(gcf,'PaperUnits','points'); set(gcf,'PaperSize',[250 200]); print(gcf,'test.pdf','-dpdf'); i.e. I plot something with imshow, set the paper size to be 250 x 200 points and then print to 'test.pdf'. When I check the pdf in Acrobat Reader the size is 70.6 x 70.6 mm corresponding to 200 x 200 points. Why is the paper size set to 200 x 200 instead of 250 x 200 as I have spec...

What printer for A2 or A1 poster prints?
I am looking for a printer mainly to produce maps on, although I would also like to use it for posters containing photos. At least A2 size, maybe A1. The Hewlett-Packard DesignJet 100 is near the top of my price range ($A 2000), but the only review I have read of it was very unenthusiastic. Can anyone suggest a good large format printer under or around $A2,000 ($ US 1300 or so)? -- Benny ******* "Benny" <f@ke.address.to.avoid.spam> wrote in news:bksuvh$skb$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au: > I am looking for a printer mainly to produce maps on, although I wou...

Printing two pages per sheet
is it possible that Pegasus does not support printing two pages per sheet? if i use this printing option, pegasus ignores it. thx, ferdi ferdi <altferdi@hotmail.com> wrote: > is it possible that Pegasus does not support printing two pages > per sheet? if i use this printing option, pegasus ignores it. Judging by the few old posts I could find on Google Groups, this doesn't work from Pegasus, but I might have overlooked something. Perhaps you can change the settings globally, outside of Pegasus. For example, with a HP printer, you'd go to Control Panel ...

Why can't I print =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3=A3=A3=A3?=
Yeh, I really am going to put the Bank Of England out of business with my new �30 Lexmark. We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs before, just happened to try it on my new machine and I get a warning about new software to stop forgeries. Thanks Lexmark, but as you didn't stick a warning on the box saying what I can and can't print, I'd like to be the one who decides. What next, no cartoons of G.W.B. or Tony Blair. Anyone overcome this blight on our freedom ? ...

printing PDF direct to HP laserjet 4050 get raw content not PDF printed
>From a command prompt if I do type test.pdf > lpt3: on a HP LJ1320 I get the PDF nicely printed But when I try same thing on a HP LJ4050 I get the raw content printed as text like %PDF1.4 1 0 obj << /Type /Catalog /Version /1.4 kicking <k.king177@ntlworld.com> wrote: > >>From a command prompt if I do > > type test.pdf > lpt3: > > on a HP LJ1320 I get the PDF nicely printed > > B...

Printing multiple cards per sheet of paper
I have a 2 page pdf representing the front and back of a small 3.25x1.5 inch card. I'd like print multiple copies of this document per sheet, such that it can be cut into indiviual cards, but I'm having difficulty accomplishing this task. I have access to Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0, but cannot find the means for printing this way. Can anyone offer advice? ...

Paper tray selection when printing a PDF file
In one of our applications we generate PDF files on a server (using pdfLaTeX). Clients connect to the server with a web browser (Internet Explorer in Windows). Depending on some options, the PDF file can be "autoprinted", that is: the client clicks on the link and (using the black arts of MIME types and Windows registry hacking) the PDF file is automatically sent to the default printer by Adobe AcrobatReader (through a command line similar to: "C:\path\to\reader\AcroRd32.exe" /p /h "%1"). One of our customers would like to print some PDFs from different paper tra...

Printing a PDF from Another PDF
is there any way I can print a PDF Document from another PDF. The reason I am asking this is that I have a PDF list containing approx. 50 PDF Documents and would like to be able to print a chosen Document from my list rather than linking to it and then printing it when it has opened. Thanks in anticipation ...

ODS pdf to print two tables on same page
Good afternoon all, I am experimenting with ods printer pdf to print two summary tables. The first has two data lines and the second has six. I am [basically] doing: <CODE> ods printer pdf; file 'myfile.pdf; run; proc print data=set1; run; proc print data=set2; run; ods printer close; run; </CODE> When I do this, the two tables print out on separate pages. I was wondering if there is anyway to print them both on the same page. TIA, Shaun Hi Shaun - try startpage=never: ods pdf file="test.pdf" style=fancyPrinter startpage=never; proc print data=sashe...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Print Reports as PDF: Cannot print
I have a procedure to automate .pdf reports. I set the default printer to the pdfwriter driver before running. When the procedure runs, some of the reports get an error: "Cannot print, the file is in use or locked". Any ideas? Win2k and Access v8. This sounds like a problem with PDFWriter, not with Access. Is it possible that you're trying to print to an open file? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "Access Guy" <accessguy1010@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:365f86b8.0401090859.66eb2bb@posting.google...