Printing an a2 pdf poster onto two A3 sheets of paper

Hi all

I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
together.

Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
me being incompetent.)

Any suggestions?

P.

(PS: If it is important, I am using a Debian linux OS, and I used the
sciposter package)

0
pkaldunn (8)

Am Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:24:59 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

> Hi all
>
> I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
> looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
> instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
> together.
>
> Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
> Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
> cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
> suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
> me being incompetent.)
>
> Any suggestions?

On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
sheets.

You can also use pdfpages or  graphicx + \includegraphics to import
parts of your poster in a A2 document.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
> sheets.

Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Thanks.

P.

0
pkaldunn (8)
10/26/2007 7:39:04 AM
Am Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:39:04 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
> version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Sorry, I just looked it up: I think the option "split large pages"
exists only in the full version of acrobat.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
pkaldunn@gmail.com wrote:
>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?

If the Adobe Print menu doesn't odder the option (I didn't find it in
Reader 8.1 on my Win XP), your "printer options" might offer the
possibility to "scale" or "split" the document on 2 A3 sheets. You may
try if the "scaling" or "poster" options (or similar) don't work...

Alain

Print an A2 poster on two A3 sheets of paper
Hi all I have a poster in pdf that is A2 size. I want to print it on two A3 sheets. (Put two A3 sheets side-by-side and you get A2.) How can I do this? My attempts: - In Reader, I can select the printer to print A3 and set the Page Scaling to "None", and the left half of the poster prints (the first A3 sheet). Then I rotated the document and repeated, expecting (as the preview showed me) the right half. Alas, I got the left half again! - I then tried pdf toolkit to do the rotation, and repeat as above. But it also prints the left half of the page second time round (despite the...

Why does a picture *not* print to paper in MS Word
I inserted a photo into Microsoft Word, and then tried to print it using the HP printer driver, but the rectangle where the photo was is grayed out in the resulting paper. Yet, if I print the Word document to PDF using cutePDF freeware, and then I print that PDF on the HP printer using the same HP printer driver, then, it prints just fine to paper. Why does Word-to-paper fail while Word-to-PDF-to-paper works? Danny D. wrote: > I inserted a photo into Microsoft Word, and then tried ... > to print it using the HP printer driver, but the rectangle > where the photo was is grayed out in the resulting paper. > > Yet, if I print the Word document to PDF using cutePDF > freeware, and then I print that PDF on the HP printer using > the same HP printer driver, then, it prints just fine to paper. > > Why does Word-to-paper fail while Word-to-PDF-to-paper works? Not a FREEWARE issue. MS Word is payware. No problem in CutePDF. Not a hardware issue. You can get the photo to print. Not a PDF issue. You can print photos in PDF docs. The MS Word newsgroups are thatta way ---. ..----------------------------------------' | '---> microsoft.public.word.* (try the newusers group) "Danny D." <dannyd@nowhere.com> wrote in news:l854tj$lh5$2@speranza.aioe.org: > I inserted a photo into Microsoft Word, and then tried > to print it using the HP printer driver, but the rectangle > where ...

One A4 page prints on two sheets of paper
The program uses 71 lines and 80 char/line and prints on one page using continuous forms but two sheets of A4 paper directing it to a laser. The second sheet has line 69, 70 and 71 of the print file on it. The spool only shows one page with the last line on 71. The print file is coded to fit on A4 (80 char per line 10 cpi, 72 lines per page 6 lpi). I appreciate any help! Martin "Martin Hinze" <martin@hinze.com> schreef in bericht news:eccqn2$k82$01$1@news.t-online.com... > The program uses 71 lines and 80 char/line and prints on one page using > continuous fo...

How to print 2 identical messages onto an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper
Using Microsoft Word, I want to print two identical messages in half- letter format on 8.5 x11" paper so that each message comprises half of an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper. Then, I'll cut the sheet so that I'll get two half-sheet messages. I've seen many such half-sized sheets as programs, for example, when I attend my church group or other groups. How do they do that? In article <1172816115.132548.292930@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>, "One4All" <dwerner@bresnan.net> wrote: > Using Microsoft Word, I want to print two identical messages in half- &...

How print a pdf file on both sides of a paper(Duplexing for pdf files)
Hi All, Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a papers. Thanks in advance. krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. > Do you have a duplex printer? krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. The same way that you would print any other document on both sides of the paper. You select duplex output in your printer driver properties. Presuma...

No text when printing from PDF
If I load the following document into !PDF it displays correctly but the text is missing when I print it. (http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/nolink/premiumbonds/pdf) I don't have anything ticked in the display settings except "Highlight links". If I tick Bitmap mode the printout is completely blank. version numbers etc. PDF - 3.03.1.25alpha Printers - 1.75 with PS3 RISC OS - 5.20 ArtWorks - 2.X2 There is an easy bypass as the same file loads and prints correctly using ArtWorks, but it would be nice to know why !PDF behaves as it does. John -- John Rickman - http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/lynx In article <7801589553.iyojohn@rickman.argonet.co.uk>, John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > If I load the following document into !PDF it displays correctly but > the text is missing when I print it. > (http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/nolink/premiumbonds/pdf) > PDF - 3.03.1.25alpha > Printers - 1.75 with PS3 > RISC OS - 5.20 > ArtWorks - 2.X2 Prints perfectly here, directly from !PDF. PDF 3.03.1.25alpha Printers 1.81 with PS3 RISC OS 5.19 (ARMiniX) RICOH Aficio SP 430DN Might be !Printers (or the printer). Kind regards, Paul Sprangers In article <7801589553.iyojohn@rickman.argonet.co.uk>, John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > If I load the following document into !PDF it displays > correctly but ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Why can't I print my own =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3?=
Yeh, I really am going to put the Bank Of England out of business with my new �30 Lexmark. We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs before, just happened to try it on my new machine and I get a warning about new software to stop forgeries. Thanks Lexmark, but as you didn't stick a warning on the box saying what I can and can't print, I'd like to be the one who decides. What next, no cartoons of G.W.B. or Tony Blair. Anyone overcome this blight on our freedom ? > We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs > bef...

javax.print: impossible to print a PDF/PS document with 2 pages per sheet?
- the dialog in javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog does not allow to set a "number of pages per sheet" - the javax.print.attribute.standard.NumberUp does not seem to work, when added in the PrintRequestAttributeSet and used by the following methods: - PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices - DocPrintJob.print ( doc flavour, PrintRequestAttributeSet) ...

Print more photos on one paper and save printing papers!
SDP Photo Print Pro 3.0 Print more photos on one paper and save printing papers! SDP Photo Print Pro is a cute printing utility application for small office and home users. It allows you to print more photos on one paper and save printing papers! With this powerful, yet easy-to-use product, you can place one or more digital photos onto the "printing paper" any way you want, and print them out EXACTLY as what you see on the screen. That is what we call "What you see is what you print"! It enables you to save your valuable printing papers and gives you ultimate control on how you can print on the paper. SDP Photo Print Pro is designed to target small office and home users with little or no experience to operate a computer system. Thus, its user interface (UI) is so simple and intuitive that most of our users are able to run it without ever consulting the User's Guide. Features: - Interactive screen that allows you to arrange the photos on the printing paper before you print; - Move, resize, rotate and change the brightness of these photos directly on screen by dragging your mouse; - Truly what you see is what you print; - Can load all the popular image formats in the market; - Can load multiple-page tiff file; - Support all the scanners; - Support all the digital cameras; - Support all the printers and fax-modems; Operating Systems: Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 Technical Support: After you buy this product,...

Print more photos on one paper and save printing papers!
SDP Photo Print Pro 3.0 Print more photos on one paper and save printing papers! SDP Photo Print Pro is a cute printing utility application for small office and home users. It allows you to print more photos on one paper and save printing papers! With this powerful, yet easy-to-use product, you can place one or more digital photos onto the "printing paper" any way you want, and print them out EXACTLY as what you see on the screen. That is what we call "What you see is what you print"! It enables you to save your valuable printing papers and gives you ultimate control on how you can print on the paper. SDP Photo Print Pro is designed to target small office and home users with little or no experience to operate a computer system. Thus, its user interface (UI) is so simple and intuitive that most of our users are able to run it without ever consulting the User's Guide. Features: - Interactive screen that allows you to arrange the photos on the printing paper before you print; - Move, resize, rotate and change the brightness of these photos directly on screen by dragging your mouse; - Truly what you see is what you print; - Can load all the popular image formats in the market; - Can load multiple-page tiff file; - Support all the scanners; - Support all the digital cameras; - Support all the printers and fax-modems; Operating Systems: Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 Technical Support: After you buy this product, you will get unlimited technical s...

Printing A3 on two A4
Hi Are there a way to print .dwg files with A3 size on two A4 size (Splitting drawing to 2 drawings then overlap them manaual) Omda4wady "omda4wady" <omda4wady@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ab90f4ef.0406050820.329512f5@posting.google.com... : Hi : Are there a way to print .dwg files with A3 size on two A4 size : (Splitting drawing to 2 drawings then overlap them manaual) : : Omda4wady Yes but you must make sure that you make the scale of both drawings exactly the same. I have done it with a A0 drawing. First divide the drawing into the two A4s by using construction lines at the A4 size 297x210 or 210x297 depending on your layout (landscape or portrait). Make 2 layouts both A4 bring in one section other the drawing to one and the other section to the other. Make sure you have a reference point in adjacent corners at the same height for each layout. You should then be able to plot (Print) and overlap and join. It is a bit of trial and error until they match properly but it can be done. -- Ecosse Nkosi Mina bona wena mina bona lo mombi lo chatine omda4wady@hotmail.com (omda4wady) wrote in message news:<ab90f4ef.0406050820.329512f5@posting.google.com>... > Hi > Are there a way to print .dwg files with A3 size on two A4 size > (Splitting drawing to 2 drawings then overlap them manaual) Make a new layout with to views of size A4. Then position your model in both viewports as you want it and print th...

Two-up printing of pdf files?
I have a .pdf file with landscape-format slides that I'd like to print as handouts, 2 per page, over/under. Can someone point me to a way to do this? -- Dave Brown Austin, TX Dave; You need 2-up printing in your print driver. Doug "Dave Brown" <dhbrown@hobbes.dhbrown.net> wrote in message news:slrnbq609l.8sc.dhbrown@hobbes.dhbrown.net... > I have a .pdf file with landscape-format slides that I'd like to > print as handouts, 2 per page, over/under. Can someone point me to a > way to do this? > > > -- > Dave Brown Austin, TX In article...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

print text to postscript/pdf
Hello. I am trying to either dump a string into a postscript file that I ultimately want to convert to a pdf. It looks like matlab supports printing figures to both pdf and postscript, but I have been unsuccessfull in printing a string to postscript/pdf or converting a file to postscript/pdf. I could do it manually, but I wanted to do it from the command line. Anyone have any suggestions? I thought about dumping it into a textbox in a figure window but I have too much text for that to be feasible. Thanks Chris Chris, Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same p...

I wanna to print two copies of a print job from two different trays
Hi , I have a very critical printing incidence, At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the HP 4250tn printer. Can your know a software that has a feature to avail it? Please guide ASAP IF YOU HAVE TO POST THAT YOU GOOTA BE REAL DUMB mannubhai wrote: >Hi , >I have a very critical printing incidence, >At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of >every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the > >HP 4250tn pri...

Printing two pages per sheet
is it possible that Pegasus does not support printing two pages per sheet? if i use this printing option, pegasus ignores it. thx, ferdi ferdi <altferdi@hotmail.com> wrote: > is it possible that Pegasus does not support printing two pages > per sheet? if i use this printing option, pegasus ignores it. Judging by the few old posts I could find on Google Groups, this doesn't work from Pegasus, but I might have overlooked something. Perhaps you can change the settings globally, outside of Pegasus. For example, with a HP printer, you'd go to Control Panel ...

Printing coloured text on Excel sheets
Using a Epson Color 880 I can print photographs ok but cannot print coloured text on my Excel worksheets. Can anyone help please? BlairMalcolm its not the printer, must be excel is when talking to the printer driver. David Drury Pro Systems Inc 1540 Pontiac Ave, Cranston RI 02920 401-463-5700 ex 118 Mon - Fri 8-5 www.prosysweb.com "Blair Malcolm" <blair@malcolm2.freeserve.invalid> wrote in message news:bl2359$60u$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk... > Using a Epson Color 880 I can print photographs ok but cannot print coloured > text on my Excel worksheets. Can anyone help please? > BlairMalcolm > > "Blair Malcolm" <blair@malcolm2.freeserve.invalid> wrote in message news:bl2359$60u$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk... > Using a Epson Color 880 I can print photographs ok but cannot print coloured > text on my Excel worksheets. Can anyone help please? > BlairMalcolm > > In print setup on the sheet tab uncheck "black & white" in the print section ...

Paper size not as specified! Print to PDF
Hi, I'm starting to get very frustrated about the print tools in Matlab. To illustrate my problem, I have the following code I = rand(200,250,3); imshow(I); set(gcf,'PaperUnits','points'); set(gcf,'PaperSize',[250 200]); print(gcf,'test.pdf','-dpdf'); i.e. I plot something with imshow, set the paper size to be 250 x 200 points and then print to 'test.pdf'. When I check the pdf in Acrobat Reader the size is 70.6 x 70.6 mm corresponding to 200 x 200 points. Why is the paper size set to 200 x 200 instead of 250 x 200 as I have spec...

What printer for A2 or A1 poster prints?
I am looking for a printer mainly to produce maps on, although I would also like to use it for posters containing photos. At least A2 size, maybe A1. The Hewlett-Packard DesignJet 100 is near the top of my price range ($A 2000), but the only review I have read of it was very unenthusiastic. Can anyone suggest a good large format printer under or around $A2,000 ($ US 1300 or so)? -- Benny ******* "Benny" <f@ke.address.to.avoid.spam> wrote in news:bksuvh$skb$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au: > I am looking for a printer mainly to produce maps on, although I would also > like to use it for posters containing photos. At least A2 size, maybe A1. > The Hewlett-Packard DesignJet 100 is near the top of my price range ($A > 2000), but the only review I have read of it was very unenthusiastic. > Can anyone suggest a good large format printer under or around $A2,000 ($ US > 1300 or so)? > You might find a used Epson 7000 or 7500 or 7600 for that price. Don't know if those would be big enough at 24 inches wide. Otherwise You would have to look for an HP. Or maybe a used Encad printer. Some of them went to 60 inches wide, and sometimes you can find them pretty cheap used. ...

Add a dynamic text to pdf while printing
Hello!!! I want to add some text, maybe the actualdate und username while printing a pdf file. Is there a way to do this??? If yes, can anybody tell how to realize it??? Thanks a lot for your support!!! Greetings from Germany, Steffen Uzytkownik <steffen_spies@t-online.de> napisal w wiadomosci news:1172573923.834083.325940@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > Hello!!! > > I want to add some text, maybe the actualdate und username while > printing a pdf file. > Is there a way to do this??? If yes, can anybody tell how to realize > it??? OK, but are you trying to do i...

Print pdf with different paper size.
Hi all, We have a network A3 printer, which is set to standard paper size A4. When printing A3 size documents, the prints are always in A4 size, though the paper size is set to A3. How can I print a A3 document directly in a A3 size? Is there a possibility to use printer settings via command line options? Is there a list of command line options for the Acrobat Writer/Reader available? I tried with acrord32.exe -help but Acrobat Reader start with an open error. Thanks in advance. -- Ciao, Marino Decaro "Marino Decaro" <dmvposta@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We h...

Why can't I print =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3=A3=A3=A3?=
Yeh, I really am going to put the Bank Of England out of business with my new �30 Lexmark. We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs before, just happened to try it on my new machine and I get a warning about new software to stop forgeries. Thanks Lexmark, but as you didn't stick a warning on the box saying what I can and can't print, I'd like to be the one who decides. What next, no cartoons of G.W.B. or Tony Blair. Anyone overcome this blight on our freedom ? ...

printing PDF direct to HP laserjet 4050 get raw content not PDF printed
>From a command prompt if I do type test.pdf > lpt3: on a HP LJ1320 I get the PDF nicely printed But when I try same thing on a HP LJ4050 I get the raw content printed as text like %PDF1.4 1 0 obj << /Type /Catalog /Version /1.4 kicking <k.king177@ntlworld.com> wrote: > >>From a command prompt if I do > > type test.pdf > lpt3: > > on a HP LJ1320 I get the PDF nicely printed > > B...

Web resources about - Printing an a2 pdf poster onto two A3 sheets of paper - comp.text.tex

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Kids can easily make their own toys with 3D printing
This year's must-have toy: a machine to make your own toy. Mattel's ThingMaker is a kid-safe 3D printer, and the 3Doodler Start Pen won't burn ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Tokyo students develop architectural 3D-printing pen
A group of University of Tokyo students overseen by architect Kengo Kuma have developed a 3D-printing pen that can be used to create complex ...

MakerBot learns that 3D printing and copyright don't quite mix
Trying to stop unauthorized 3D printing is like plugging a hole in a dam with your finger once the template for an object leaks out, it's virtually ...

Hands On With Mattel's 'ThingMaker' 3D Printing For Kids
Mattel is re-imagining their ThingMaker toys as 3D printers for children to design and print action figures, jewelry or anything else they may ...

Mattel Is Making a $300 3D Printing Toy Studio For Kids
One of the world’s largest toy makers, Mattel, has long embraced the idea of helping kids build their own toys. Back in the 1960s, the company ...