Printing an a2 pdf poster onto two A3 sheets of paper

Hi all

I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
together.

Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
me being incompetent.)

Any suggestions?

P.

(PS: If it is important, I am using a Debian linux OS, and I used the
sciposter package)

0
pkaldunn (8)

Am Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:24:59 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

> Hi all
>
> I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
> looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
> instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
> together.
>
> Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
> Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
> cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
> suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
> me being incompetent.)
>
> Any suggestions?

On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
sheets.

You can also use pdfpages or  graphicx + \includegraphics to import
parts of your poster in a A2 document.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
> sheets.

Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Thanks.

P.

0
pkaldunn (8)
10/26/2007 7:39:04 AM
Am Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:39:04 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
> version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Sorry, I just looked it up: I think the option "split large pages"
exists only in the full version of acrobat.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
pkaldunn@gmail.com wrote:
>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?

If the Adobe Print menu doesn't odder the option (I didn't find it in
Reader 8.1 on my Win XP), your "printer options" might offer the
possibility to "scale" or "split" the document on 2 A3 sheets. You may
try if the "scaling" or "poster" options (or similar) don't work...

Alain

Emacs-AUCTEX, Viewing PS or PDF without having to open a new window?
Hi, I want to view the result simultaneously (in PS or PDF format) when I'm editing a tex file without having to open a new viewing window each time. Is it possible? Lets say you are creating graphics with PStricks. All time hitting (C-c C-C RET + C-c C-C RET) to view the result and each time doing so, ghostview opens a new window, this is annoying! Mattias matno294@student.liu.se writes: > Lets say you are creating graphics with PStricks. All time hitting > (C-c C-C RET + C-c C-C RET) to view the result and each time doing so, > ghostview opens a new window, this is annoyi...

How to print permutations?
If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then hoe to print there all permutations? for example....abc, bac, cab.......all of them.... Shraddha wrote: > If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then > hoe to print there all permutations? > for example....abc, bac, cab.......all of them.... > Are all of these questions school work or something? On 25 Maj, 14:44, Shraddha <shraddhajosh...@gmail.com> wrote: > If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then > hoe to print there all permutations? > for ex...

Computability in Europe 2007
[Apologies for multiple copies] ************************************************************ CiE 2007 http://www.mat.unisi.it/newsito/cie07.html Computability in Europe 2007: Computation and Logic in the Real World University of Siena Siena, 18-23 June 2007 SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS Deadline: JANUARY 12, 2007 The PROGRAMME COMMITTEE of CiE 2007 cordially invites all researchers (European and non-European) in computability related areas ...

=?iso-8859-1?q?toshiba_laptop_batterys._starting_from_6$_/3.5=A3?=
Hello, I have these batterys from toshiba. They are for laptops toshiba satellite, tecra and more others. I sell them for 5 euro (6$ dollars / 3=2E5=A3 pounds ) or the newest for 15 euro (18 $dollars - 10 =A3 pounds). Shipment will be about 15 euro (18 $dollars - 10 =A3 pounds). For elsewhere in the word. you can pay by bank, with cash in letter, using credit card / paypal. Tanks Emal: ericper@gmail.com PA 2404 PA 2403 E PA 2410 U PA 2413 U R PA 2420 U PA 2429 U PA 2435 U PA 2437 U PA 2439 U PA 2445 U PA 2485 U PA 2453 E PA 2483 U PA 2487 RN PA 2510 U PA 2490 U PA 2492 U R PA 3031 U PA 30...

print math symbol into image created with GD
Hy! I am using the GD::Simple libs to draw a simple diagram. My problem is, that I have to put some math symbols in there (for example the symbol for delta and my). Is there an easy way to do that? Best regards, Kai Kai Schlamp schreef: > I am using the GD::Simple libs to draw a simple diagram. My problem > is, that I have to put some math symbols in there (for example the > symbol for delta and my). > Is there an easy way to do that? Yes, with a proper font. -- Affijn, Ruud "Gewoon is een tijger." Yep ... figured it out ... used a truetype font named symbol.tt...

overlaying a patch onto contours
Hope somebody can help with this one - it's driving me nuts. Using 6.5 and the contour and patch functions. The figure is a simple contour(x,y,z,v) plot onto which I wish to overlay a patch that masks some of the contour lines. The resultant figure looks perfect but the print preview and hardcopy have the masked contour lines visible on top of the patch. It is b/w lines with gray patch. Any suggestions much appreciated. F When you make the patch try giving it a ZData that is "above" the contours. For example contour(peaks) a = 15; b=30; patch([a b b a a],[a a b b a],[1 1 1 1...

read file and print contents
hello, im new to ruby and i have a text file and want to read in the file and print it out. so far iv got the following. I'd greatly appreciate any help. thanks. text file (reference.txt): Tag: ref1 Type: Book Author: Little, S R ruby file: #!/usr/local/bin/ruby # # # read file and print # ARGV.each do |fn| begin (fn == '-' ? STDIN : File.open(fn)).each_line do |l| if $indent > 0 (1..$indent).each { print ' ' } end puts l end -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. I would change if $indent > 0 (1..$indent).each { print ...

Re: help with print/page #3
tomarsin2015@comcast.net wrote on 03/03/2006 12:28:27 PM: > Thanks for replies. > AFRICA> sqf laserjet5l > Printer queue LASERJET5l, idle, on AFRICA::"10.120.201.200:9100", > mounted form DEFAULT > <laserjet 5l> > /BASE_PRIORITY=4 /DEFAULT=(FEED,FORM=DEFAULT) Lowercase > /OWNER=[SYSTEM] > /PROCESSOR=TCPIP$TELNETSYM /PROTECTION=(S:M,O:D,G:R,W:S) > > Entry Jobname Username Blocks Status > ----- ------- -------- ------ ------ > 103 TAPE0909 SYSTEM 3139 Holding > Submitt...

Color Printing
Is there any other color printer I can use with the IIGS other than the Imagewriter II? I read through the FAQs and didn't see anything other than the Epson LQ mentioned. Is there anything else I can use? A Color Stylewriter, perhaps? Pat Patricia Glenn wrote: > Is there any other color printer I can use with the IIGS other than the > Imagewriter II? I read through the FAQs and didn't see anything other than > the Epson LQ mentioned. Is there anything else I can use? A Color > Stylewriter, perhaps? > > Pat I had my Epson Color Stylus 800 colour inkjet printe...

Sharing one auto_increment field between two tables
Hi, Is it possible to have two tables A and B holding similar, but different data, sharing one auto_incremenet field? So if table A has a field ID, and table B has a field ID, any ID used in table A does not occur in table B, and vice versa. The only way I can think of is adding a third table administrating the ID, but that means extra work in the application using the database. -- PleegWat Remove caps to reply PleegWat wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to have two tables A and B holding similar, but different > data, sharing one auto_incremenet field? > > So if tab...

I wanna to print two copies of a print job from two different trays
Hi , I have a very critical printing incidence, At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the HP 4250tn printer. Can your know a software that has a feature to avail it? Please guide ASAP IF YOU HAVE TO POST THAT YOU GOOTA BE REAL DUMB mannubhai wrote: >Hi , >I have a very critical printing incidence, >At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of >every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the > >HP 4250tn pri...

Trouble Printing Yellow On HP R80xi+
I have a 3 year old HP Multifunction R80xi ink jet printer that I have probably printed a total of 2,500 pages on. For some reason I can not get it to print yellow. I have installed brand new ink cartridges (both black and color) and have cleaned, calibrated, and done everything else I can think of. Also have searched HP's site for help. I am running 98SE. Can anybody give some guidance? -- <Bill> Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska. N 53� 51.140' W 166� 30.228' (WGS 84) ...

how to print document generated by man?
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:57:24 +0300, serg wrote: Please bookmark the following, very large, Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search print man document in the first box *unix* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English Results 1 - 10 of about 3,580 for print man document group:*unix*. (1.41 seconds) In article <cer4oe$2bm$1@snake.ukrnet.net>, serg <serg@sigma.icmp.lviv.ua> wrote: > > > man command | col -b Chuck Demas -- Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all, Stay Fit ...

A2 rev 0 replica kits available for shipment
I now have several Apple 2 rev0 replica kits available for shipment. My website has latest information on this round of kits. Cost is $495. Best regards, Mike Willegal www.willegal.net Mike Willegal wrote: > I now have several Apple 2 rev0 replica kits available for shipment. My > website has latest information on this round of kits. Cost is $495. > > Best regards, > Mike Willegal > www.willegal.net Very cool, but definitely beyond my hardware hacking skills. Looks well-designed and like you thought of everything. -- Poster www.i...

Objective Paper (Recent) on Java vs. C++?
All: I hate to ask this question (I've done my Google homework), but... Does anyone know of recent (1 yr old or less) that compares Java/C++ in an Enterprise app scenario? The papers I have seen mostly discuss array index access, sorting, etc. - What I really would love to see is something that describes an enterprise app being implemented in Java vs. C++ --- one that addresses performance characteristics, development time, costs, etc. I know this is a tall order, but if you have or know of such a paper, it would be much appreciated. Many thanks, John ...

more than one print to a page
I suspect this is a basic question, but I would appreciate help. How do I place multiple images on one page to be printed? I guess it comes down to, how do I add a second image to a page to be printed? Thanks. Bob On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:49:40 -0500, "robertmcdonaldph" <robertmcdonaldph@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I suspect this is a basic question, but I would appreciate help. How do I >place multiple images on one page to be printed? I guess it comes down to, >how do I add a second image to a page to be printed? > >Thanks. > >Bob > Are you usin...

Printing problems
Hi all. I'm running MacOS X 10.3.5 on a G4 iMac. My printer is an HP LaserJet 3330mfp, connected via the USB port. Yesterday, printing stopped working. The connectivity is OK; System Profiler can find the printer. Just for fun, I tried updating the printer driver software, which was at version 4.0.9. Going to the HP website, I found that the software is currently at version 5.9.5. After the update, I found that I could print, but my wife (the other user of this machine) cannot. Any print job she sends out hangs indefinitely in the queue. Furthermore, once she attempts to print, ...

Optimized two dimensional filtering
Hi, I have to apply a two dimensional FIR filter to a big image (2160x2880), till now I have used the filter2 function, but it is very slow. Do you know if there is an optimized function faster than filter2, and in case, which additional toolbox I will need? Thank you Stefano "Stefano " <stefano.andriani@ieee.org> wrote in message <fhhr0l$h63$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, I have to apply a two dimensional FIR filter to a big > image (2160x2880), till now I have used the filter2 > function, but it is very slow. > > Do you know if there is an optimized f...

Canvas->PDF
Ich habe bisher aus verschiedenen Gr�nden Formulare direkt �ber die Printer-Objekte auf den Canvas erzeugt und gedruckt. Jetzt mu� ich zur Dokumentenarchivierung von jedem Ausdruck ein zus�tzliches PDF erzeugen. Gibt es daf�r eine M�glichkeit (Canvas->PDF)? Alternativ: Wie kann ich direkt aus der Quelle ein PDF �ber Rave erzeugen, ohne �ber die Preview-Funktion zu gehen? Habe aber wenig Erfahrung mit Rave. Arbeite mit Delphi2006 Danke ULBE "Ulrich Begemann" <neues@ulrichbegemann.de> schreef in bericht news:rq3nruny2toc.1hjv6zt6b376y$.dlg@40tude.net... >...

[News] Huge UNIX Poster Released

How print pdf file without Acrobat Reader ?
Hello I've created a pdf file with ItextSharp. How can I print this file without Acrobat Reader ? Is it possible ? Thanks Olivier "Olivier" <aa@aa.aa> wrote: >I've created a pdf file ... >How can I print this file without Acrobat Reader ? By using a different tool that reads PDF and can print it to your printer (e.g. GhostScript); or by sending it to one of the (very few) printers that understand PDF. ---------------------------------------- Aandi Inston quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don&#...

Don't log onto any government web sites without checking new privacy notices?
The "privacy" notice for the CARS (Cash for Klunkers) program includes the phrase "authorized" foreign officials (from what, North Korea) will be able to snoop on this "new government property" (by agreeing to "proceed" on the government web site, they declare that your computer is now their "government property"? I'm watching Glenn Beck (on Tivo), and this notice is nothing more than a violation of the 4th Amendment, unreasonable search and "seizure" (control) of private property. Go use the car dealer computers, not y...

Printing and saving figures
Hello everyone, Im having trouble saving figures that i plot in Scilab 3.0. A line always comes up saying that the new plot saving format is not available. Is this an error on my part during installation, or a bug? I'm running on Windows 2000. Thank you! ...

Clipper Print problems
I've has a Clipper 5.2 program that I've been using since the late 80's. All of a sudden, the print routines have gone wacky. It puts additional lines in the print stream or doesn't advance to the next line. I've tried re-compiling the code and it won't compile. Help! Dear dd1630: <dd1630@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1191468272.339739.51420@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > I've has a Clipper 5.2 program that I've been using since > the late 80's. Be sure you have updated to 5.2e. > All of a sudden, the print routines have gone wa...

print all excel sheet in the folder
hello, i want to create an autoprint function if my vi.how do i print all the excel files in a directory?thank you in advance basically, i want to list the file names in the directory and print all files.. my files happen to be excel format, so i want to print all of the files..i dont want to have to open up every file and click on the print button, one at a time.. If they're really true-blue Excel files (as opposed to tab-delimited text files), then you can use ActiveX to call the "<a href="http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.tools.excel.worksheet.prin...