Printing an a2 pdf poster onto two A3 sheets of paper

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all

I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
together.

Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
me being incompetent.)

Any suggestions?

P.

(PS: If it is important, I am using a Debian linux OS, and I used the
sciposter package)

0
Reply pkaldunn (8) 10/26/2007 5:24:59 AM

See related articles to this posting

Am Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:24:59 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

> Hi all
>
> I have prepared a poster using LaTeX that is size A2, in pdf.  It
> looks nice (IMHO), and is all ready to print on A2 paper.  But
> instead, I'd like to print this poster onto two A3 sheets, and join
> together.
>
> Is there any easy way to do this, within LaTeX, or outside?  I thought
> Acrobat Reader may have had a way of doing this from a pdf file, but I
> cannot find such functionality.  The  poster  package might be
> suitable, but I cannot get out of it what I require.  (But is probably
> me being incompetent.)
>
> Any suggestions?

On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
sheets.

You can also use pdfpages or  graphicx + \includegraphics to import
parts of your poster in a A2 document.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0

> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
> sheets.

Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Thanks.

P.

0
Reply pkaldunn (8) 10/26/2007 7:39:04 AM

Am Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:39:04 -0700 schrieb pkaldunn@gmail.com:

>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?  (I have
> version 8.1 of Acrobat Reader on my windows machine.)

Sorry, I just looked it up: I think the option "split large pages"
exists only in the full version of acrobat.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0

pkaldunn@gmail.com wrote:
>> On windows the print menu of the reader has an option to split large
>> sheets.
>
> Fantastic!  Just what I want.  But I've looked, and can't find it.
> Can you be more explicit about where to find this option?

If the Adobe Print menu doesn't odder the option (I didn't find it in
Reader 8.1 on my Win XP), your "printer options" might offer the
possibility to "scale" or "split" the document on 2 A3 sheets. You may
try if the "scaling" or "poster" options (or similar) don't work...

Alain
0
Reply alain.dondelinger (1) 10/26/2007 4:00:53 PM
comp.text.tex 36424 articles. 68 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Print an A2 poster on two A3 sheets of paper
Hi all I have a poster in pdf that is A2 size. I want to print it on two A3 sheets. (Put two A3 sheets side-by-side and you get A2.) How can I do this? My attempts: - In Reader, I can select the printer to print A3 and set the Page Scaling to "None", and the left half of the poster prints (the first A3 sheet). Then I rotated the document and repeated, expecting (as the preview showed me) the right half. Alas, I got the left half again! - I then tried pdf toolkit to do the rotation, and repeat as above. But it also prints the left half of the page second time round (despite the...

One A4 page prints on two sheets of paper
The program uses 71 lines and 80 char/line and prints on one page using continuous forms but two sheets of A4 paper directing it to a laser. The second sheet has line 69, 70 and 71 of the print file on it. The spool only shows one page with the last line on 71. The print file is coded to fit on A4 (80 char per line 10 cpi, 72 lines per page 6 lpi). I appreciate any help! Martin "Martin Hinze" <martin@hinze.com> schreef in bericht news:eccqn2$k82$01$1@news.t-online.com... > The program uses 71 lines and 80 char/line and prints on one page using > continuous fo...

How to print 2 identical messages onto an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper
Using Microsoft Word, I want to print two identical messages in half- letter format on 8.5 x11" paper so that each message comprises half of an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper. Then, I'll cut the sheet so that I'll get two half-sheet messages. I've seen many such half-sized sheets as programs, for example, when I attend my church group or other groups. How do they do that? In article <1172816115.132548.292930@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>, "One4All" <dwerner@bresnan.net> wrote: > Using Microsoft Word, I want to print two identical messages in half- &...

Why does a picture *not* print to paper in MS Word
I inserted a photo into Microsoft Word, and then tried to print it using the HP printer driver, but the rectangle where the photo was is grayed out in the resulting paper. Yet, if I print the Word document to PDF using cutePDF freeware, and then I print that PDF on the HP printer using the same HP printer driver, then, it prints just fine to paper. Why does Word-to-paper fail while Word-to-PDF-to-paper works? Danny D. wrote: > I inserted a photo into Microsoft Word, and then tried ... > to print it using the HP printer driver, but the rectangle > where the photo wa...

How print a pdf file on both sides of a paper(Duplexing for pdf files)
Hi All, Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a papers. Thanks in advance. krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. > Do you have a duplex printer? krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. The same way that you would print any other document on both sides of the paper. You select duplex output in your printer driver properties. Presuma...

javax.print: impossible to print a PDF/PS document with 2 pages per sheet?
- the dialog in javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog does not allow to set a "number of pages per sheet" - the javax.print.attribute.standard.NumberUp does not seem to work, when added in the PrintRequestAttributeSet and used by the following methods: - PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices - DocPrintJob.print ( doc flavour, PrintRequestAttributeSet) ...

Two-up printing of pdf files?
I have a .pdf file with landscape-format slides that I'd like to print as handouts, 2 per page, over/under. Can someone point me to a way to do this? -- Dave Brown Austin, TX Dave; You need 2-up printing in your print driver. Doug "Dave Brown" <dhbrown@hobbes.dhbrown.net> wrote in message news:slrnbq609l.8sc.dhbrown@hobbes.dhbrown.net... > I have a .pdf file with landscape-format slides that I'd like to > print as handouts, 2 per page, over/under. Can someone point me to a > way to do this? > > > -- > Dave Brown Austin, TX In article...

Printing A3 on two A4
Hi Are there a way to print .dwg files with A3 size on two A4 size (Splitting drawing to 2 drawings then overlap them manaual) Omda4wady "omda4wady" <omda4wady@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ab90f4ef.0406050820.329512f5@posting.google.com... : Hi : Are there a way to print .dwg files with A3 size on two A4 size : (Splitting drawing to 2 drawings then overlap them manaual) : : Omda4wady Yes but you must make sure that you make the scale of both drawings exactly the same. I have done it with a A0 drawing. First divide the drawing into the two A4s by using ...

Print pdf with different paper size.
Hi all, We have a network A3 printer, which is set to standard paper size A4. When printing A3 size documents, the prints are always in A4 size, though the paper size is set to A3. How can I print a A3 document directly in a A3 size? Is there a possibility to use printer settings via command line options? Is there a list of command line options for the Acrobat Writer/Reader available? I tried with acrord32.exe -help but Acrobat Reader start with an open error. Thanks in advance. -- Ciao, Marino Decaro "Marino Decaro" <dmvposta@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We h...

Paper size not as specified! Print to PDF
Hi, I'm starting to get very frustrated about the print tools in Matlab. To illustrate my problem, I have the following code I = rand(200,250,3); imshow(I); set(gcf,'PaperUnits','points'); set(gcf,'PaperSize',[250 200]); print(gcf,'test.pdf','-dpdf'); i.e. I plot something with imshow, set the paper size to be 250 x 200 points and then print to 'test.pdf'. When I check the pdf in Acrobat Reader the size is 70.6 x 70.6 mm corresponding to 200 x 200 points. Why is the paper size set to 200 x 200 instead of 250 x 200 as I have spec...

What printer for A2 or A1 poster prints?
I am looking for a printer mainly to produce maps on, although I would also like to use it for posters containing photos. At least A2 size, maybe A1. The Hewlett-Packard DesignJet 100 is near the top of my price range ($A 2000), but the only review I have read of it was very unenthusiastic. Can anyone suggest a good large format printer under or around $A2,000 ($ US 1300 or so)? -- Benny ******* "Benny" <f@ke.address.to.avoid.spam> wrote in news:bksuvh$skb$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au: > I am looking for a printer mainly to produce maps on, although I wou...

Printing two pages per sheet
is it possible that Pegasus does not support printing two pages per sheet? if i use this printing option, pegasus ignores it. thx, ferdi ferdi <altferdi@hotmail.com> wrote: > is it possible that Pegasus does not support printing two pages > per sheet? if i use this printing option, pegasus ignores it. Judging by the few old posts I could find on Google Groups, this doesn't work from Pegasus, but I might have overlooked something. Perhaps you can change the settings globally, outside of Pegasus. For example, with a HP printer, you'd go to Control Panel ...

Printing multiple cards per sheet of paper
I have a 2 page pdf representing the front and back of a small 3.25x1.5 inch card. I'd like print multiple copies of this document per sheet, such that it can be cut into indiviual cards, but I'm having difficulty accomplishing this task. I have access to Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0, but cannot find the means for printing this way. Can anyone offer advice? ...

Paper tray selection when printing a PDF file
In one of our applications we generate PDF files on a server (using pdfLaTeX). Clients connect to the server with a web browser (Internet Explorer in Windows). Depending on some options, the PDF file can be "autoprinted", that is: the client clicks on the link and (using the black arts of MIME types and Windows registry hacking) the PDF file is automatically sent to the default printer by Adobe AcrobatReader (through a command line similar to: "C:\path\to\reader\AcroRd32.exe" /p /h "%1"). One of our customers would like to print some PDFs from different paper tra...

ODS pdf to print two tables on same page
Good afternoon all, I am experimenting with ods printer pdf to print two summary tables. The first has two data lines and the second has six. I am [basically] doing: <CODE> ods printer pdf; file 'myfile.pdf; run; proc print data=set1; run; proc print data=set2; run; ods printer close; run; </CODE> When I do this, the two tables print out on separate pages. I was wondering if there is anyway to print them both on the same page. TIA, Shaun Hi Shaun - try startpage=never: ods pdf file="test.pdf" style=fancyPrinter startpage=never; proc print data=sashe...

Placing pdf-files on one sheet of paper
Hi, i�m searching for a software for placing and printing several pdf files on one sheet of paper. I dont�t want a imposition software. I want to place the files manually like I can to this with pictures for example in Illustrator. Regards, Andreas "Andreas Stocker" <printronik@t-online.de> wrote: >i�m searching for a software for placing and printing several pdf files on >one sheet of paper. >I dont�t want a imposition software. I want to place the files manually like >I can to this with >pictures for example in Illustrator. Have you considered I...

Application to print BIG posters as many sheets ?
Hi Folks: I'm looking for an application program that could work something like the following: One wants to make a poster, say 40 inches by 60 (or, say, 1 m by 1.5 m), far too big for any ordinary computer printer. The application program that I'm looking for would appear on the desktop as a (dummy) printer and accepts attempts to print on it for standard sized paper. The poster creator uses some word processor, drawing programme or publication package to create a miniature of the poster on some standard size paper, say letter size or A4, and prints his miniature image t...

Print multiple PDF pages on one Sheet
Hi All! Could not find a better board for that, so sorry if that is the wrong one... We've got many HP Laserjet printers (from old LJ4 to new 4200), all installed on a Windows NT Print server with the newest PostScript Driver from HP. We can print multiple pages on one sheet, except PDF's. If we print a multiple-page PDF on one sheet, all pages will be printed in the top-left corner, so every page overlays the other. This only happens with PDF's, all other formats are working fine. With the PCL driver, it works as expected, but we don't want to use the PCL driver, it steals...

Can you print some PDF-pages on a single A4-sheet?
Dear PDF-expert, Some PDF-files contain only small pages (on A6-format for example). When you have an A4-printer you can only print those small pages on the relatively large A4-format. A lot of unprinted paper will be wasted. Is there a possiblility to print for example two landscape A6-format pages on a A4 sheet (think about the handout-opportunity like PPT-files)? Thanks in advance! Sure, just use itext toolbox. It has a plugin to convert your pdf files to handouts. http://www.lowagie.com/iText/itext.jnlp Best regards, Carsten nieuwsberichtontvangst schrieb: > Dear PDF-expert,...

One large PDF page to print on multiple sheets
I have a large PDF file 20 x 28 inches (USGS map). It was created as one pdf page. Is there any way to break this up so it would print full size over multiple sheets on my printer (print on 8.5x11 paper)? I would like the exact size, so 3 wide by 3 long for 9 total sheets. ...

Re: ODS pdf to print two tables on same page
Hi Shaun - try startpage=never: ods pdf file="test.pdf" style=fancyPrinter startpage=never; proc print data=sashelp.class; title 'one'; run; proc print data=sashelp.class; title 'two'; run; ods pdf close; http://support.sas.com/91doc/getDoc/odsug.hlp/a002231506.htm http://support.sas.com/91doc/getDoc/odsug.hlp/a002217095.htm STARTPAGE=NEVER | NO | NOW | YES - controls page breaks. NEVER specifies not to insert page breaks, even before graphics procedures. CAUTION: Each graph normally requires an entire page. The default behavior forces a new page after a graphi...

Can Fmp conditionally print a field onto paper?
Using Fmp 8.0, more familiar with 5.5. Using Win XP pro. I want to print an audit checklist each time we make a product. I'd start by creating a standard list of questions, that is, the list would be the same for each product. An example question/field would be "Has the product been painted?" (The value in the field would also be "Has the product been painted?") Then as I enter data for each product, each question will be marked, "Yes, it pertains", or "No, it doesn't". Then, when it's time to print the checklist for a particular produ...

paper weight for ink jet two-side printing
I wanty to print a brochure recto-verso, on both sides, with my Canon ink jet. What is a good paper weight so that the backside can't shine through ? Frank On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:42:34 +0100, Frank <news.thomasftr@free.fr> wrote: >I wanty to print a brochure recto-verso, on both sides, with my Canon >ink jet. What is a good paper weight so that the backside can't shine >through ? >Frank 9 or 10 mil paper (250 g/sm) should do the job. I use 28# copy paper for heavy text and small images/graphics. You can get it most anywhere, Staples has the best....

Need to print A3 doc to 2 A4 sheets
Hello, I have an original document made in A3 and i need to print it in 2 A4 sheets. The printer driver of my HP LaserJet 1100 doesnt support the 'banner' function. I tried the software 'Fineprint' tht lets u manage many printing options, but i couldnt find any that let me do that. Does anyone of u know if any software tht can manage such thing? (the document I have to print is in word 2002 format) Cya ...