Problem setting papersize with dvips

(See previous posts with same subject)

I obtained a copy of config.ps from a friend who uses MiKTeX 2.6 and
dropped it into the
divps/config folder. The results are the same, dvips is not
processing
the papersize special that
is implanted in the source file.

For anyone show is interested, Here is a test file

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvips,designiv]{web}
\parindent0pt\parskip6pt
\begin{document}
Is this 5in wide by 4in high?
\end{document}

Requirements for this test file are the
1 AeB package, which might be installed on your system already.
If not, download and install acrotex_pack.zip from
http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/webeq.html

2. MiKTeX 2.8

3. Create a PS, and distill with Adobe distiller.

Things worked correctly for previous versions of MiKTeX (2.6, don't
know about 2.7, but never got any
complaints about the screen size of the document produced).

Could this be a bug introduced into dvips (dvips(k) 5.98 Copyright
2009 Radical Eye Software)?

Don
0
dpstory

 "dpstory@uakron.edu" <dpstory@uakron.edu> writes:
>(See previous posts with same subject)
>
>I obtained a copy of config.ps from a friend who uses MiKTeX 2.6 and
>dropped it into the
>divps/config folder. The results are the same, dvips is not
>processing
>the papersize special that
>is implanted in the source file.
>
>For anyone show is interested, Here is a test file
>
>\documentclass{article}
>\usepackage[dvips,designiv]{web}
>\parindent0pt\parskip6pt
>\begin{document}
>Is this 5in wide by 4in high?
>\end{document}
>
>Requirements for this test file are the
>1 AeB package, which might be installed on your system already.
>If not, download and install acrotex_pack.zip from
>http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/webeq.html

have you tried simply extracting the \special command and putting it
in simple document (doesn't even have to be latex...)

have you looked at the output of dvitype to confirm that the \special
has made it that far?

frankly, i'm not moved to install a (presumably) large package to
investigate stuff before you've tried reducing the sample.

>Could this be a bug introduced into dvips (dvips(k) 5.98 Copyright
>2009 Radical Eye Software)?

of course it could, but dvips isn't changed much nowadays (most effort
is devoted to more recent technology, afaict).
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
0

ORA-00997 8i trigger long raw problem
Hi, Have a table that i need to populate with 1 record of an identical type from another table in an after insert using a trigger. Usually no problem at all except am forced into using and keeping a field which is a LONG RAW type that now generates an ORA-00997 error. It is all text stored in a LONG RAW format. The table the record needs to be inserted INTO looks like ... RFQ_ID VARCHAR2 15 RFQ_LINE NUMBER 0 TYPE CHAR 1 BITS LONG RAW BITS_LENGTH NUMBER 0 The data the table comes FROM looks like this. PART VARCHAR2 30 PART_LINE NUMBER 0 TYPE CHAR 1 BITS LONG RAW BITS_LENG...

HLA asm problem?
When compiling my HLA code I get (100s of these): .... dted3.asm:182: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:199: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:201: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:221: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop' .... When I try it on another Linux box it compiles no problem. Problem box: SuSE 10.0 (kernel 2.6.13-15.8), HLA 1.86, GNU assembler 2.16.91.0.2 20050720 (SuSE Linux) No problem box: SuSE 9.2 (kernel 2.6.8-24), HLA 1.86, GNU assembler 2.15.91.0.2 20040727 (SuSE Linux) ---John jchludz...

a problem
hi, any one of the group ,please solve my problem "is there is any method to find given number is even or odd without using if ,else ,for,while,switch,conditional operators,if else ladders...." On 10 Feb 2007 06:15:46 -0800, bharath539@gmail.com wrote: > any one of the group ,please solve my problem > "is there is any method to find given number is even > or odd without using if ,else ,for,while,switch,conditional > operators,if else ladders...." Yes, there is. Problem solved! /gordon -- [ don't email me supp...

Registry Problem in Vista
Since I got Vista, Eudora has been unable to register itself in the registry. Every time I start Eudora, I get a pop up that claims Eudora could not register itself and I have to dismiss the pop up before Eudora will process the mail. This also prevents Eudora from being registered as the default mail client. Has anyone solved that annoyance? (This may be a non-issue for me, since I am considering wiping this notebook, and installing XP. The answer may help me make up my mind.) Rick Rick wrote: > Since I got Vista, Eudora has been unable to register itself in the >...

123 VER9 DATE PROBLEM
I am attempting to assign a script to a button that will, when first placed in the proper cell. Enter @now- then do a range value- then place in edit mode- then move the cursor to the start and erase the 2 characters that are the day and await the input of the day I want to use- then it closes with the enter button. I have figured all this out except that the {EDIT} command when used returns the date number. I have found that it does not represent the F2 keystroke. What am I missing here. The cell is formatted date-13-Dec-2006. Thanks Dave David Cartier wrote... >I am at...

Menu Problems
figure string = {'Item 1','Item 2','Item 3'}; %Menu menu_hdl = uimenu('Label','Options'); for i = 1:3 uimenu(menu_hdl,'Label',char(string(i)),'Callback','disp(char(string(i )))'); end problem- when uimenu is executed in the for loop variable i is assigned as intended to the label in the menu but when the Callback is executed from the menu it grabs the latest value of i and not the one that should have been assigned when the menu was created. Is there any way to get the desired value of i passed to disp(char(stri...

Can you set Plot Window H-View in terms of PI?
We are doing alot of graphs in Trigonometry, and for alot of them, it looks nice to have your H-View go from say -2pi to 2pi. People in class enter this for there H Axis range on their TI calculators and it translates it to 6.28........ but on the HP, I have not found how I can enter values in terms of PI for the H-View and V-View. Does anyone know if this can be done? Brian "Brian Feeny" <bfeeny@mac.com> wrote in message news:7bb5a5d1.0410061729.39fa05b0@posting.google.com... > We are doing alot of graphs in Trigonometry, and for alot of them, it > looks nice > ...

-1 / +1 problem..
Hello all, I am sorry to ask you again for another problem, as I am a new MATLab user. I have a matrix, rAlphaSet with combinations of +1 and -1. I want to make 2 Matrices rAlpha1 and rAlpha2. I took 2 random numbers r1 and r2. Then I wanted to copy the r1th and r2th column of rAlphaSet to rAplha1 and rAlpha2. But the problem is, when I was running the code, rAlpha1 and rAlpha2 were not having the columns from rAlphaSet. Here is the code: rAlphaSet = (npermutek([-1 1], 2^m))'; rAlpha1 = zeros(2^m,N); rAlpha2 = zeros(2^m,N); for i = 1:N r = randi(256,1); rAlpha1(:,i) = rAlphaSet...

Problem with PID.vi
I'm using LABVIEW 4.1 with PID Toolkit I use PID VI. I try to use it in an furnace control but doesn't work. For example, with a set point of 50% output stay still to a level of 25% with the PV following this value. What could be the origin of this problem? Does anyone succeed in working perfectly with PID VI from NI? Advices are welcome Hello hora, My first bit of advice would be to see if you have tuned your PID correctly. It would seem to me that you have proportional gain (K) but no integral (I) to eliminate your SP-PV error. Also watch the "reinitial (F)" input. ...

I also need help with Duplex on my IP4000 (Different Problem)
It seems that if I print the same document with exact same settings the print quality of black is paler when using Duplex. It seems that it is not using the same black ink as the Non Duplex printing. Anyone know if this is the case, or should I try a reinstall of the software? Thanks Mike FIRST YOU SHOULD USE ONLY CANON OEM PIGMENTED INK AND SELECT PLAIN PAPER. THEN YOU SHOULD USE A HIGH QUALITY PAPER LIKE HAMMERMILL PREMIUM INKJET PAPER THAT YOU CAN GET AT STAPLES OR OFFICE DEPOT. YOU SHOULD NOT EXPERIENCE THAT. BUT IF YOU DO NOT USE CANON OEM INK THEN YOU ...

binary split set for v1.5.3
Hi! I'd like to know if exist on the net the binary splitted sets for the version 1.5.3. I'm able to find out only those of the version 1.5.1 on ftp.netbsd.org/pub Where can i find them on the net (because I don't have the iso image of netBSD1.5.3) or can i use those for v1.5.1 for an installation starting with boot-tiny.fs of v.1.5.3? thank a lot. ste In article <kyqXb.7420$Kc3.213965@twister2.libero.it>, "steobio" <ste_ghiNOSP@Myahoo.it> writes: > I'd like to know if exist on the net the binary splitted sets for the > version 1.5.3. > I...

Problem with comma delimted file
My access table when exported to a comma delimited field gets all messed up because some of the fields have the double quote character - ". Used for measurements and other things. I guess I will have to strip them out. How can I replace the " for a blank space? I am having trouble doing it with the replace command in a sql statement. sqlstatement = "update table set table.[item] = replace(table.[item]," & """""""" & "," + """""" + ")" this gives an error. what to do? On...

Problems with wxProcess::OnTerminate()
I'm having problems with the following code. The program (sleep.exe) is executed as expected, but Process::OnTerminate() is never called. (The text "Terminated" is not printed and it never breaks on the function in the debugger). I'm using Visual C++ 7.1 and the program is linked to wxBase with wxUSE_GUI set to 0. All help is apreciated. Here's the code: ------------------------------------ main.cpp --------------------------- #include <wx/process.h> #include <wx/app.h> /********************************************************************...

Problems with compilation for Windows
Trying to prepare FreeWrap for Windows, I've got a problems while compiling Tk 8.5.1 (using free "Express" release of Visual C++, taken from MS-site). The compilation has been interrupted with errors: ============================================================================= link -nologo -machine:IX86 -ltcg -release -opt:ref -opt:icf,3 -subsystem :windows -stack:2300000 -out:".\Release_VC9\wish85s.exe" kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib "c:\freewrap\tcl8.5.1\win\Release_VC9\tcl85s.lib" .\Release_VC9\tk_St atic\winMain.obj .\Release_VC9\tk_Static\wi...

Monitor problem
Hi, This shows how long it's been since I've had to do this... I've had to get some material off the RiscStation in front of me at work. It's connected to an IIyama VisionMaster 1451 (nice big monitor), but I'm not getting any display. I've tried pressing 0 on boot (as well as 1 - 4) and T (and R - can't remember what the reset is), but nothing seems to happen. Is there any way I can get a machine to boot so it thinks the monitor is an AKF51 (or whatever the "default" was)? TTFN Paul -- "Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong wi...

Setting up a mail service
Hello, I need some advice for the folowing project. I have several email accounts with various ISPs, Hotmail etc. that I would like to consolidate. Ideally I'd like to regularly download new mail, spam-filter it, then make it available to read from any web browser. I'd also like to provide this facility to my wife, friends etc. I have an ADSL connection using an all in one modem/router/hardware firewall. I would set up a linux server to perform this job. How should I go about this? What combination of software should I use? Thanks, Danny "Danny Baker" <dannybak3r...

problem with auctex
All, I just installed auctex in Windows. And because I uses a portable MikTex (installed in a USB disk), the PATH doesn't include the directory that contains the LaTeX executable commands. Is there a way in Emacs or auctex that can tell auctex where to find the latex commands? For example, can I setup the PATH variables directly in Emacs? Thanks you! caixj "halo" <xuejun.cai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160815903.006626.26780@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > All, > > I just installed auctex in Windows. And because I uses a portable > MikTex (installed...

installation problem uconv-0.4.12. plz help
Hi guys, I need to install Unicode Conversion Module for Ruby version 0.4.12 by Yoshida Masato.I have followed the commands of the link inmy windows system http://www.yoshidam.net/uconv_en.txt but when I use the command "ruby extconf.rb" it create "MakeFile" but when I use "make" command it fails...'make' is not recognized as a command so I can not install Uconv. I use ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-25 patchlevel 12) [i386-mswin32] How can i solve the problem? Any other way to convert Unicode string to Japanese string. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com...

love problem solution baba ji +917891655189 mumbai #2
love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +9178916551...

problems installing...
Cheers all, i realize 6.3 is old, but its the disks we have here. My problem is this. Im trying to install this on old sun O2 machines that already have an existing irix install on them. I basically want to whipe the system clean and start fresh. So i boot up, hit esc, install system software, blablabla select cd rom, reboots, boots up IRIX release 6.3 ..... Current system date is.... Mounting file systems: /dev/dsk/dks0d1s0: Invalid agrument Unable to mount partition: /dev/dskdks0d1s0 on /root. This is your system disk: without it we have nothing on which to install so...

ASA to IOS VPN problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080700010601090400070905 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, I am facing a problem trying to establish a tunnel with one of our supplier. Their side is terminated on a IOS router currently unknown type and version (should be 12.2 - 12.4), my side is an ASA 7.2(2), configurations are attached (at least the snippet of the IOS config I was able to get). Apparently Phase 1 completes correctly but P2 fails with "Received non-routine Notify message: No proposal cho...

x-> 0 limit problem in MATLAB?
Hi, I recently tried to evaluate the function: f=(x.*exp(x)-exp(x)+1)./x.^2 for values very close to zero. Typically, whenever the argument is zero, I replace it with eps to avoid the singularity in the denominator. It can be shown that the limit of f for x->0 is 0.5. Indeed, for small values of x, f correctly approaches 0.5. E.g: x=1e-6;f=(x.*exp(x)-exp(x)+1)./x.^2 f = 0.5000 However, something strange happens when I make x even smaller: x=1e-7;f=(x.*exp(x)-exp(x)+1)./x.^2 f = 0.5107 And ultimately: x=eps;f=(x.*exp(x)-exp(x)+1)./x.^2 f = ...

CPYFRMSTMF problems
We have a file in the IFS with variable length records separated by CRLFs and fields separated by Tabs. We need to transfer this file to a Mainframe. Obviously there are a number of ways to do this, but we are REQUIRED to use a product called XCom (so please don't suggest FTP, MQ, HTTP, ConnectDirect etc. etc.), which can only transfer PFs and SAVFs. My first thought was to use CPYFRMSTF ENDLINFMT *CRLF TABEXPN *NO, but it appears that I cannot do this into a variable length PF - the receiving PF must not be externally described, and CRTPF requires a fixed length file. If I use a fixed le...

Xerox Phaser 860
I have been given a Xerox Phaser 860, and now i have started it up, but im getting "Light Stripes" on one of the colors....... i have tried the "Eliminate Light Stripes" test in the printer menu, and i have tried to turn the printer off, and wait a day... I also have tried sending a special PostScript file to the printer to try clean it..... Still im getting 2 Light Stripes in Cyan.... Any ideas.......please Greetings Christian Olesen Denmark On Oct 16, 4:30 pm, "co" <cr...@email.dk> wrote: > I have been given a Xerox Phas...

Problem with iPhoto/PS interaction.
I can open a RAW file in PS without problems and everything looks fine (Camera Raw 3.7). From iPhoto, I can open and edit a jpeg, but not a raw file. if I try and open a raw file from iPhoto, it switches to PS, but no file opens? This used to work fine, but since switching to Aperture, I haven't used iPhoto for a long time. Anybody have an idea? ...