Problem using color and graphicx in plain TeX

I put pictures in plain TeX documents using

\input graphicx
\includegraphics{MyPicture}
\bye

I can also color text with

\input color
\textcolor{red}{bbb}
\bye

But I am not able two get both color AND pictures. The following example

\input color
\input graphicx
\bye

produces the error message

! Use of \@ doesn't match its definition.
l.27 \@m
         akeother\"%
Changing the order of the \input's produces a different message:

! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \@notdefinable

\@secondoftwo #1#2->#2

l.72 ...nextchar[\@undeclaredcolor\@declaredcolor}

I am using pdftex in MacOS X 10.4.3 ( Gerben Wierda's installation) and
TeXshop. From the log window:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)

How can I make the two packages work together?
Thank you in advance,

Julian Aguirre
Universidad del Pais Vasco
0
mtpagesj1 (3)

Julian Aguirre wrote:
> I put pictures in plain TeX documents using
>
> \input graphicx
> \includegraphics{MyPicture}
> \bye
>
> I can also color text with
>
> \input color
> \textcolor{red}{bbb}
> \bye
>
> But I am not able two get both color AND pictures. The following example
>
> \input color
> \input graphicx
> \bye

This:
    \input color
    \makeatletter
    \input graphicx
    \bye

seems to work.

When I need graphics or color in plain tex, I use the following code in
a personal
macro file:

\input miniltx
\makeatletter
\ifx\Gin@driver\undefined
  \def\Gin@driver{dvips.def}
\fi
\input graphicx.sty
\resetatcatcode

And a similar set of commands for inputting color.sty. The little \ifx
test is so that I can change the driver by defining \Gin@driver before
inputting these macros.

Dan

0
luecking (1319)
11/17/2005 11:55:27 PM
Dan wrote:

> Julian Aguirre wrote:
>> I put pictures in plain TeX documents using
>>
>> \input graphicx
>> \includegraphics{MyPicture}
>> \bye
>>
>> I can also color text with
>>
>> \input color
>> \textcolor{red}{bbb}
>> \bye
>>
>> But I am not able two get both color AND pictures. The following example
>>
>> \input color
>> \input graphicx
>> \bye
>>
> This:
>    \input color
>    \makeatletter
>    \input graphicx
>    \bye
>
> seems to work.

Thank you for your answer, but things are getting more misterious (at
least to me).

\input color
\makeatletter
\input graphicx
\includegraphics[width=.4\hsize]{LogoUned}
\bye

works as expected BUT

\input color
\makeatletter
\input graphicx
\textcolor{red}{Hola}
\bye

produces no output (it seems like if TeX stopped processing inmediatly
after reading the \textcolor command).

Julian Aguirre
Universidad del Pais Vasco
0
mtpagesj1 (3)
11/18/2005 9:37:53 AM
Julian Aguirre wrote:
> Dan wrote:
> > This:
> >    \input color
> >    \makeatletter
> >    \input graphicx
> >    \bye
> >
> > seems to work.
>
> Thank you for your answer, but things are getting more misterious (at
> least to me).
>
> \input color
> \makeatletter
> \input graphicx
> \includegraphics[width=.4\hsize]{LogoUned}
> \bye
>
> works as expected BUT
>
> \input color
> \makeatletter
> \input graphicx
> \textcolor{red}{Hola}
> \bye

I just realized you are using pdftex. You must use tex+dvips with
graphicx.tex and color.tex as they are written. They explicitly set the
driver file to dvips.def. Some versions of graphics.cfg and color.cfg
will override that, but even if it is changed to pdftex.def, there are
problems: as you say \textcolor seems to hang.

I'll try to diagnose this and see if a work-around can be found.
However, pdftex and support files change frequently and miniltx perhaps
hasn't kept up.

Dan

0
luecking (1319)
11/18/2005 8:23:40 PM
Dan wrote:

> I just realized you are using pdftex. You must use tex+dvips with
> graphicx.tex and color.tex as they are written. They explicitly set the
> driver file to dvips.def. Some versions of graphics.cfg and color.cfg
> will override that, but even if it is changed to pdftex.def, there are
> problems: as you say \textcolor seems to hang.
>
> I'll try to diagnose this and see if a work-around can be found.
> However, pdftex and support files change frequently and miniltx perhaps
> hasn't kept up.

The diagnosis: it appears that pdftex.def is loaded twice. I believe
LaTeX prevents that from happening. In that file there is code that
saves the ``current'' definition of \color in \@ldc@l@r and redefines
\color to <something>\@ldc@l@r. However, the second time through, the
current definition is the same as this one, so \color is defined in
terms of itself producing infinite recursion (resulting in TeX
hanging).

The perfect solution would be to modify pdftex.def so it detects its
second loading and exits. Alternatively, perhaps the plain graphics
package could be modified to prevent
this. More later if I can figure something out.

Dan

0
luecking (1319)
11/18/2005 9:28:38 PM
Dan wrote:
> Dan wrote:
> >
> > I just realized you are using pdftex. You must use tex+dvips with
> > graphicx.tex and color.tex as they are written. They explicitly set the
> > driver file to dvips.def. Some versions of graphics.cfg and color.cfg
> > will override that, but even if it is changed to pdftex.def, there are
> > problems: as you say \textcolor seems to hang.
> >
> > I'll try to diagnose this and see if a work-around can be found.
> > However, pdftex and support files change frequently and miniltx perhaps
> > hasn't kept up.
>
> The diagnosis: it appears that pdftex.def is loaded twice. I believe
> LaTeX prevents that from happening. In that file there is code that
> saves the ``current'' definition of \color in \@ldc@l@r and redefines
> \color to <something>\@ldc@l@r. However, the second time through, the
> current definition is the same as this one, so \color is defined in
> terms of itself producing infinite recursion (resulting in TeX
> hanging).
>
> The perfect solution would be to modify pdftex.def so it detects its
> second loading and exits. Alternatively, perhaps the plain graphics
> package could be modified to prevent
> this. More later if I can figure something out.

The following works in my plain TeX file:

\input miniltx
\makeatletter
\def\Gin@driver{pdftex.def}
\input color.sty
\@namedef{ver@pdftex.def}{}
\input graphicx.sty
\resetatcatcode

\textcolor{red}{Hola}
\includegraphics[width=.4\hsize]{image2.pdf}

\bye

The 5th line defines \ver@pdftex.def. The existence of a definition for
this is used by graphicx.sty to determine whether the file has already
been loaded. LaTeX's \ProvidesFile command, issued at the start of
every LaTeX input file, defines this command, but miniltx skips that
part in its substitute \def of \ProvidesFile.

Dan

0
luecking (1319)
11/18/2005 10:03:51 PM
Dan wrote:

> The following works in my plain TeX file:
>
> \input miniltx
> \makeatletter
> \def\Gin@driver{pdftex.def}
> \input color.sty
> \@namedef{ver@pdftex.def}{}
> \input graphicx.sty
> \resetatcatcode
>
> \textcolor{red}{Hola}
> \includegraphics[width=.4\hsize]{image2.pdf}
>
> \bye
>
> The 5th line defines \ver@pdftex.def. The existence of a definition for
> this is used by graphicx.sty to determine whether the file has already
> been loaded. LaTeX's \ProvidesFile command, issued at the start of
> every LaTeX input file, defines this command, but miniltx skips that
> part in its substitute \def of \ProvidesFile.

This modification of miniltx.tex works in simple cases:
Change:
  \def\ProvidesPackage#1{\@ifnextchar[%
      {\@pr@videpackage{#1}}{\@pr@videpackage#1[]}}
  \def\@pr@videpackage#1[#2]{\wlog{#1: #2}}
  \let\ProvidesFile\ProvidesPackage

to:
  \def\ProvidesFile#1{\@ifnextchar[%
      {\@pr@videfile{#1}}{\@pr@videfile#1[]}}
  \def\@pr@videfile#1[#2]{\wlog{#1: #2}\@namedef{ver@#1}{#2}}
  \def\ProvidesPackage#1{\ProvidesFile{#1.sty}}

Dan

0
luecking (1319)
11/18/2005 10:21:32 PM
BTW, it is possible to load color and graphicx in Eplain now.  (And a
few other miniltx-compatible packages.)  http://tug.org/eplain

The code would look like this:
\ilet\primitiveinput=\input
\input eplain
\beginpackages
  \usepackage{color}
  \usepackage{graphics}
\endpackages
\let\input=\primitiveinput

(The \input stuff is because miniltx redefines \input to be as in
LaTeX, which is unlikely to be what plain users want.  The next version
of Eplain might do it automatically.)

HTH,
karl

0
karl1343 (197)
11/19/2005 5:20:43 PM
Karl Berry wrote:
> BTW, it is possible to load color and graphicx in Eplain now.

It also supports (hopefully) all package options for color and
graphic{s,x}, and detects pdftex automatically.  One option that does
not yet work is `draft'; to use it, add the following after `\input
eplain'  and before the packages:

\makeatletter
\let\ttfamily\ttfam
\def\strip@prefix#1>{}
\makeatother

This should be fixed in the next version, too.

0
eplain (25)
11/19/2005 6:24:59 PM
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I cannot follow most of the
technical discussion, but Dan's solution below works OK.

Julian Aguirre

>>> I just realized you are using pdftex. You must use tex+dvips with
>>> graphicx.tex and color.tex as they are written. They explicitly set the
>>> driver file to dvips.def. Some versions of graphics.cfg and color.cfg
>>> will override that, but even if it is changed to pdftex.def, there are
>>> problems: as you say \textcolor seems to hang.
>>>
>>> I'll try to diagnose this and see if a work-around can be found.
>>> However, pdftex and support files change frequently and miniltx perhaps
>>> hasn't kept up.
>>
>> The diagnosis: it appears that pdftex.def is loaded twice. I believe
>> LaTeX prevents that from happening. In that file there is code that
>> saves the ``current'' definition of \color in \@ldc@l@r and redefines
>> \color to <something>\@ldc@l@r. However, the second time through, the
>> current definition is the same as this one, so \color is defined in
>> terms of itself producing infinite recursion (resulting in TeX
>> hanging).
>>
>> The perfect solution would be to modify pdftex.def so it detects its
>> second loading and exits. Alternatively, perhaps the plain graphics
>> package could be modified to prevent
>> this. More later if I can figure something out.
>
> The following works in my plain TeX file:
>
> \input miniltx
> \makeatletter
> \def\Gin@driver{pdftex.def}
> \input color.sty
> \@namedef{ver@pdftex.def}{}
> \input graphicx.sty
> \resetatcatcode
>
> \textcolor{red}{Hola}
> \includegraphics[width=.4\hsize]{image2.pdf}
>
> \bye
>
> The 5th line defines \ver@pdftex.def. The existence of a definition for
> this is used by graphicx.sty to determine whether the file has already
> been loaded. LaTeX's \ProvidesFile command, issued at the start of
> every LaTeX input file, defines this command, but miniltx skips that
> part in its substitute \def of \ProvidesFile.
>
> Dan
0
mtpagesj1 (3)

Table.TeX in Plain TeX
Dear all Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX". Can any one supply this or give any ideas of where it can be found. Thanks and Regards Saravanan,M. India Saravanan_Typesetter@yahoo.co.in (Saravanan,M.) writes: >Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in >Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX". i suspect you may be thinking of tables.tex (plural tables). that is available on ctan, together with some documenta...

Using border.tex on an existing tex document
Hi I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around = a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border = appears but all of my content disappears. Without \borderson the page conte= nt renders as expected (though of course, no border!). I've tried fiddling = with the page dimensions etc but I'm not entirely convinced thats whats cau= sing it. The border.tex macro looks like it should do exactly what I want, = apart from the missing content ;( The original tex content...

Old version of plain.tex and hyphen.tex
Hello All, I am trying to recreate an old version of our software that assumes an old version of Knuth's plain.tex (together with the version of hyphen.tex that accompanied it). I have searched the Internet for plain.tex Version 3.1415926 (together with hyphen.tex) with no success. Does anyone have a copy of these two files that they could email back to me? With great appreciation in advance! Brian O'Toole On Jul 2, 5:01 pm, "Brian O'Toole" <boto...@mathworks.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > I am trying to recreate an old version of our software tha...

Plain TeX color management
Hello, Is there a package for color management in plain TeX ? Thanks in advance. GL ha scritto: > Hello, > > Is there a package for color management in plain TeX ? try "\input pstricks" and then somethign like "{\red THIS IS RED}" \bye GL <gouailles@gmail.com> writes: > Is there a package for color management in plain TeX ? the latex color package (note american spelling) is available through miniltx, but afaik there's nothing explicitly plain-oriented. (colour is a tricky business in tex, since one has to implement it using \special commands, and relating those to what's going onto the page is full of pitfalls.) -- Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge Le 04/06/2013 12:39, Robin Fairbairns a �crit : > GL <gouailles@gmail.com> writes: > >> Is there a package for color management in plain TeX ? > > the latex color package (note american spelling) is available through > miniltx, but afaik there's nothing explicitly plain-oriented. (colour > is a tricky business in tex, since one has to implement it using > \special commands, and relating those to what's going onto the page is > full of pitfalls.) > Ok thanks a lot. color + miniltx will do. ...

a good TeX parser for use by software that needs to read TeX?
Does anyone know of a good TeX parser for use by software that needs to read TeX? In particular, has anyone used the perl Text::TeX parser, http://search.cpan.org/~ilyaz/etext.1.6.3/eText/utils/Text/TeX.pm ? I have a 1500-page set of latex documents that I want to be able to generate html versions of, and the latex->html converters I've been able to find don't seem flexible enough, so I'm planning to write my own code in perl. Having a good parser already written for me would be a big help. However, my initial attempts to use Text::Tex have left me in some doubt as to whether ...

Is it possible to use XyMTeX with plain TeX?
I'm a plain TeX user, and wish to type chemical structures using the xymtex package. Does anybody know if it's possible to use xymtex also within plain TeX format (I mean beside LaTeX), maybe with slight modifications and adaptions? Or instead I have no hope at all? On xymtex official website I couldn't find any address where to ask for help about this question. Thanks in advance, Rodolfo romeomedina@libero.it writes: >I'm a plain TeX user, and wish to type chemical structures using >the xymtex package. Does anybody know if it's possible to use >xymtex also wit...

plain-TeX macros using PiCTeX
Hello, I wrote 3 plain-TeX macros using PiCTeX on Linux for my class of fundamental physics. http://sht.phys.akita-u.ac.jp/~hayasaka/tex/pictex_macro.html README-file says (1) ampere meter --- PiCTeX is needed and c-compiler is recommended (2) vernier caliper --- PiCTeX is needed (3) seat-table with a serial number --- PiCTeX is needed Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you. --- hayasaka@NOSPAMnova.phys.akita-u.ac.jp On 2008-11-08 at 12:29 AST, hayasaka@nova.phys.akita-u.ac.jp <hayasaka@nova.phys.akita-u.ac.jp> wrote: > Hello, > > I wrote 3 pl...

pstricks, (x)color, and plain TeX
I bought the pstricks book by uit publishing and after reading the first 20 pages, I have to ask Am I to remain stuck with only 6 colours (red, green, blue, magenta, cyan, yellow) and shades of gray (black darkgray, gray, lightgray, and white -- white isn't really useful ;-) because I use plain TeX with pstricks? Is there a way to get colour support for pstricks without having to switch to LaTeX? The book seems to suggest that pstricks' abilities with colour is heavily dependent on the xcolor and color packages. I looked at both packages and it appears both are designed for LaTeX w...

Cyrillic and English using Plain TeX
I want to typeset Cyrillic and English in same document. I use Plain TeX. I have downloaded everything from /tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/t2/ and read the read me files. I tried to initex per the instructions by my tex is not seem to use same pararemers. I have tex from TexLive, tetex i think it is called. I also have the latest version of PCTeX. I am using Windows 2000. I eventually want to create a Cyrillic format TeX with initex but at the beginning would just like to experiment in simpler fashion. I appreciate your help as always. Georges Georges <essej45us@yahoo.com> wrote: &...

change text color with TeX support?
All Consider the string involving greek letters to appear in a plot title made with the command: SetaEL='\fontsize{14}{\eta}\fontsize{10}EL\fontsize{10}=' when used in a title argument, the string SetaEL plots like: etaEL= except that eta will be the actual greek letter of course. This works! BUT THE COLOR ID DEFAULT IS BLACK. THE QUESTION: How to change my SetaEL command useing TeX syntax, so it is say red? Thanks in advance....tony Could you be a little more specific? If you want the whole title to be in red (or any other color), I don't think you need to...

How to use a BibTeX database in Plain TeX?
I want to use a database of references created in BibTex in Plain TeX. I only find tutorials for doing so in LaTeX but not in Plain TeX. Thnaks, Bernarda bzamora@merlin.fae.ua.es (Bernarda) writes: > I want to use a database of references created in BibTex in Plain TeX. > I only find tutorials for doing so in LaTeX but not in Plain TeX. Maybe eplain <URL:http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/eplain/index.html> is the right thing for you. cheerio ralf On 1 Jul 2004 05:45:19 -0700, bzamora@merlin.fae.ua.es (Bernarda) wrote: >I want to use a database of references created in Bi...

plain tex: problem printing backslash
I've found a problem when attempting to print/typeset a backslash. When I do something like: \string\TeX the backslash is printed as a double left quote, but when I typeset a backslash with $\backslash$, it prints correctly. Can someone suggest how I get \string\TeX to print the backslash rather than the double left quotes? regards, eds eds <edstuckems@gmail.com> wrote: > I've found a problem when attempting to print/typeset a backslash. > When I do something like: > \string\TeX the backslash is printed as a double left quote, but when > I typeset a backslash with...

Does a minimal version of TeX/MF exist? Problems compiling TeX/MF
I wanted only to have Metafont with X (The default in Tetex is without). I tried to compile tetex, my FreeBSD-Box complained because a header file for pdftex (that I didnt want) was not there, Then tried to compile web2c and it complained that latex (that I dont want) was older than one year and twice a year there is a new latex.I think only for this reason I will stop using latex: While TeX is convergent (to pi), latex is diverging producing twice a year something new. It was also not possible to compile web2c with --prefix=/usr/opt: it doesnt find /usr/opt/share/texmf that I put. Do someone...

Help getting colors thru tex-buffer & tex-print?
I am running Emacs 21.3.1 and LaTeX 2e under Windows XP (for dummies %^). The following .tex file contains some color-shifted words, a colored .jpg picture, and and attempt at blue-shifting a .eps image: \documentclass[10pt]{article} \usepackage{newcent} \usepackage[dvips]{graphics,lscape} \usepackage[usenames]{color} \usepackage{newcent} \pagestyle{empty} \setlength{\oddsidemargin}{0in} \setlength{\topmargin}{0in} \setlength{\textheight}{9.5in} \setlength{\textwidth}{7in} \begin{document} \setlength{\baselineskip}{.1667in} \noindent black \textcolor{red}{red} \textcolor{green}{green} \textc...

Magnification in Plain TeX using TeXShop and pdftex?
Could anyone give me a quick template for how to make the \magnification = \magstepN command work properly with a Plain TeX source file using the latest version of TeXShop plus pdftex (or alternatively, TeXShop plus "the other TeX" (TeTeX?) plus GhostScript), working in Mac OS X? What seems to happen is that if I put \magnification = \magstepN at the start of a Plain TeX source file, the type face in the output PDF page stays the same physical size, but the page size shrinks. ...

using TeX characters in a GUI text box
I am trying to use a TeX character such as the Greek letter mu in a GUI textbox, but I cannot get this to work. If I try to set the 'string' property for the GUI object using '\mu' this just displays '\mu'. Is there a way I can use the 'text' command as you would for a figure to put Greek letters into GUI objects? "Sean Larkin" <slarkin71278@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message <gk37he$t7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is there a way I can put Greek letters into GUI objects? I don't know for sure, but you might be able to do this using ...

Does anyone use ucs together with Plain TeX?
Hi, two years ago, I became the new maintainer of the ucs package. The version I received from the original author, Dominique Unruh, contained some code whose purpose seems to be to make ucs usable under Plain TeX. I would like to know whether people have used ucs successfully with Plain TeX, and whether Plain TeX compatibility is actually desired by some. If there is no sufficient interest in Plain TeX support, I might drop it from ucs in the future in order to clean up the code. So what are your experiences and thoughts? Best wishes, Wolfgang ...

Proble with using miniltx for plain TeX with babel
Hi all, I use cyrtex (cyrillic version of plain TeX), which loads babel package by default. I need miniltx for graphicx package from LaTeX distribution. There is a problem (I partially solved it) with using miniltx package with cyrtex. The following .tex-file: --- \input miniltx Hello \bye -------------- gives the following error when I try to compile it with cyrtex: -------------- /usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/plain/graphics/miniltx.tex Illegal parameter number in definition of \@yargdef. <to be read again> \relax l.170 \let\@hash@\relax -------------- The reason of thi...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

xkeyval problem when compiling tex to pdf using prosper
Hi all, I want to create slides for presentation using Prosper & HA-Prosper packages. Here the simplest code: %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- % sample.tex \documentclass[pdf,azure,slideColor,colorBG]{prosper} \begin{document} \begin{slide}{Elementary mathematics} Observations: \[ \int_{-\infty}^\infty e^{-x^2} \, dx = \sqrt{\pi} \] \[ e^{i\pi} = -1 \] Conclusions: \begin{itemize} \item $\sqrt{2}$ is irrational \item $e$ and $\pi$ are transcendental \item $42$ and 42 are not the same in \LaTeX \end{i...

Problem in compiling torture.tex using Omega in MiKTeX
Hi, I am first time user of Omega and I tried to compile torture.tex using lambda. I get error on the line 37 of the file, I have attached the error message at the end of the mesage. How do I get rid of the error? Finally, I want to use it to typeset text in Devanagari script, any tips from the experienced users? Thank you very much for your time and help. Rahul. The transcript of the error follows: This is Omega, Version 3.14159--1.15 (MiKTeX 2.4) Copyright (c) 1994--2000 John Plaice and Yannis Haralambous (C:/texmf/doc/omega/base/torture.tex LaTeX2e <2003/12/01> Babel <v3.8g>...

Plain TeX macros for text-flowing-around-figures
Are there any public domain macros to do the title task? More specifically: texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttext ----------------------- texttexttexttext | | texttexttexttext | Figure box | texttexttexttext | inserted by | texttexttexttext | \BoxedEPSF{ ...} | texttexttexttext | | texttexttexttext ----------------------- texttexttexttext ...

color Text In Plot Titles witj TeX commands ?
All This is a slight revision of a previous question: Consider the string involving greek letters to appear in a plot title made with the command: St='{\eta}EH='; when used in a title argument, the string SetaEL plots like: etaEL= except that eta will be the actual greek letter of course. This works! BUT THE COLOR ID DEFAULT IS BLACK. ------------------------------------------------- THE QUESTION: How to change my St='{\eta}EH=' command USING TeX syntax, so it is say red? ( I do not want to use handles ) Thanks in advance....tony One response suggested: ...

tex and color...
Hi all. I'm trying to use the following line: title('{\color[rgb]{1 0 0}hello}'); In order to be able to use more than one color in a text object. However, I receive the following warning: Unable to interpret TeX string "... I'm using R14 with SP2. What am I doing wrong? Ofer Mizrachi wrote: > > > Hi all. > I'm trying to use the following line: > > title('{\color[rgb]{1 0 0}hello}'); > > In order to be able to use more than one color in a text object. > However, I receive the following warning: > Unable to interpret TeX string ...

Web resources about - Problem using color and graphicx in plain TeX - comp.text.tex

Irony punctuation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Although in the written English language there is no standard way to denote irony or sarcasm , several forms of punctuation have been proposed. ...

The TeX Catalogue OnLine, Hierarchical Ctan Edition
Search - Home - Alpha - Brief - Topical - Hierarchical TeX Catalogue (Hierarchical Ctan Edition) Graham Williams Copyright © 1986-2011 Graha ...

documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article} usepackage[T1]{fontenc} usepackage[utf8]{in - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login my alerts ...

porton - planetmath.org
% this is the default PlanetMath preamble. as your knowledge% of TeX increases, you will probably want to edit this, but% it should be fine as ...

File:Mesh Analysis Example1 TeX.svg
... Example1.svg created using LaTeX, TikZ, CircuiTikz, and pdf2svg. \ documentclass [ tikz, margin=15px ]{ standalone } \ usepackage { color,graphicx,circuitikz ...

milogardner - planetmath.org
% this is the default PlanetMath preamble. as your knowledge% of TeX increases, you will probably want to edit this, but% it should be fine as ...

akdevaraj - planetmath.org
% this is the default PlanetMath preamble. as your knowledge% of TeX increases, you will probably want to edit this, but% it should be fine as ...

rspuzio - planetmath.org
% this is the default PlanetMath preamble. as your knowledge% of TeX increases, you will probably want to edit this, but% it should be fine as ...

pahio - planetmath.org
% this is the default PlanetMath preamble. as your knowledge% of TeX increases, you will probably want to edit this, but% it should be fine as ...

m759 - planetmath.org