Problem with package arcs

I tried to use the package arcs, which provides a command \overarc to
put arcs over things (similar to \widehat), but MiKTeX hangs up.
I am using MiKTeX 2.8 with the editor Winshell 3.2 under windows xp,
and everything else works ok. Any hints?

Best regards,

jhn
0
jhn

On Aug 10, 4:45=A0pm, jhn <jhni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to use the package arcs, which provides a command \overarc to
> put arcs over things (similar to \widehat), but MiKTeX hangs up.
> I am using MiKTeX 2.8 with the editor Winshell 3.2 under windows xp,
> and everything else works ok. Any hints?
>
> Best regards,
>
> jhn

If you can provide a minimal example of latex source that causes the
problems and describe what you mean by `hanging up,' I'm sure your
question will get answered.
0
Joris
8/10/2010 10:01:28 PM
On 10 ago, 18:01, Joris <pin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 4:45=A0pm, jhn <jhni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I tried to use the package arcs, which provides a command \overarc to
> > put arcs over things (similar to \widehat), but MiKTeX hangs up.
> > I am using MiKTeX 2.8 with the editor Winshell 3.2 under windows xp,
> > and everything else works ok. Any hints?
>
> > Best regards,
>
> > jhn
>
> If you can provide a minimal example of latex source that causes the
> problems and describe what you mean by `hanging up,' I'm sure your
> question will get answered.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{arcs}
\begin{document}
$\overarc{AB}$
\end{document}

When LaTeX-ed, nothing happens and winshell freezes and ceases to
respond.

jhn
0
jhnieto (1)
8/10/2010 10:52:55 PM
On Aug 10, 6:52=A0pm, jhn <jhni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 ago, 18:01, Joris <pin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 10, 4:45=A0pm, jhn <jhni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I tried to use the package arcs, which provides a command \overarc to
> > > put arcs over things (similar to \widehat), but MiKTeX hangs up.
> > > I am using MiKTeX 2.8 with the editor Winshell 3.2 under windows xp,
> > > and everything else works ok. Any hints?
>
> > > Best regards,
>
> > > jhn
>
> > If you can provide a minimal example of latex source that causes the
> > problems and describe what you mean by `hanging up,' I'm sure your
> > question will get answered.
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{arcs}
> \begin{document}
> $\overarc{AB}$
> \end{document}
>
> When LaTeX-ed, nothing happens and winshell freezes and ceases to
> respond.
>
> jhn

I compiled it on ubuntu and latex&pdflatex indeed hang (it takes ctrl-
c to stop).  If you change the font size to 11pt it compiles fine and
it also compiles fine if you use the optional argument with a small
enough number.  Looks like a bug in arcs or relsize to me.  If you
don't get an informed answer here, you should write to the author.

0
pinkse (345)